• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Making this one quick today.

Shantae Chance: 5%
I doubt we'd see an indie character, and even if we did, I'd expect Shovel Knight or Sans first.

Want: 30%

Dixie Prediction: 50%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:
Sans?

why? Undertale came out in 2015 and it as a whole has no real connection to Nintendo and its stagnant besides getting ported eventually to the Switch, you think Sans is more likely compared to Shantae who's been around since 2002, Pirate's Curse being a 3DS Eshop top seller, Risky's Revenge being a top seller on DSi back in its debut and most Wayforward games being exclusive to Nintendo? People on here seem to WAAY overhype the importance of popularity.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Okay, big rant incoming, because I am absolutely pissed off about people repeatedly acting like Shovel Knight is the next hier to the throne.

Ever since 2000, from the Game boy color to the Switch, Shantae has been nothing but loyal to Nintendo. Every one of their four games has started out on a Nintendo system, and as a result has a history no other indie title has. Shovel Knight may have Amiibo, but that's only because they needed to raise money for all the DLC they promised without committing the sin of a second kickstarter. It wasn't "granted" to them because Nintendo personally thought they were more special than any other game out there, they literally asked for it and Nintendo were like "sure, if you make them." Their "second party" status in japan is probably because Nintendo's indie program was obliged to help them out. Besides, if Shovel Knight was so important to Nintendo, they would have advertised the Amiibo themselves, instead of letting Yacht Club hand over that job to the Game Grumps. Can you really see Nintendo being fine with associating themselves with those two? Don't think so. Heck, the fact Wayforward aren't even TRYING to get an amiibo- or not even talking about Smash right now- could be explained by them knowing they'll get one soon.

Shovel Knight is literally a chibi Darks Souls guy- the creators admit that themselves. He'd basically be a tiny link with extra gadgets, should he be playable. Shantae, on the other hand, has far more potential on the account that she can transform into other forms. If you're stupid enough to dismiss her as "just another hair combat girl", then you should be dismissing Shovel Knight for ripping off various Links.

But in the end of the day, she's still an indie character. We don't really know how important Nintendo considers Indies to be. Important enough to have better service than steam, sure, but important enough for a place in Smash? That's not so certain. So as much as I'm convinced she's the prime indie candidate, I have to say...

Chance: 40%

But if she made it...

Want:100%

She'd be finally fulfilling the childhood dream.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
How popular is SK in Japan because back when the ballot was still going around his game wasn’t even localized yet.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Okay, big rant incoming, because I am absolutely pissed off about people repeatedly acting like Shovel Knight is the next hier to the throne.

Ever since 2000, from the Game boy color to the Switch, Shantae has been nothing but loyal to Nintendo. Every one of their four games has started out on a Nintendo system, and as a result has a history no other indie title has. Shovel Knight may have Amiibo, but that's only because they needed to raise money for all the DLC they promised without committing the sin of a second kickstarter. It wasn't "granted" to them because Nintendo personally thought they were more special than any other game out there, they literally asked for it and Nintendo were like "sure, if you make them." Their "second party" status in japan is probably because Nintendo's indie program was obliged to help them out. Besides, if Shovel Knight was so important to Nintendo, they would have advertised the Amiibo themselves, instead of letting Yacht Club hand over that job to the Game Grumps. Can you really see Nintendo being fine with associating themselves with those two? Don't think so. Heck, the fact Wayforward aren't even TRYING to get an amiibo- or not even talking about Smash right now- could be explained by them knowing they'll get one soon.

Shovel Knight is literally a chibi Darks Souls guy- the creators admit that themselves. He'd basically be a tiny link with extra gadgets, should he be playable. Shantae, on the other hand, has far more potential on the account that she can transform into other forms. If you're stupid enough to dismiss her as "just another hair combat girl", then you should be dismissing Shovel Knight for ripping off various Links.

But in the end of the day, she's still an indie character. We don't really know how important Nintendo considers Indies to be. Important enough to have better service than steam, sure, but important enough for a place in Smash? That's not so certain. So as much as I'm convinced she's the prime indie candidate, I have to say...

But if she made it...

Want:100%

She'd be finally fulfilling the childhood dream.
Finally someone who understand the amiibo stiuation.

Thank you. Im not alone here!

YCG has a rather small portfolio of work. They made Shovel Knight, its 3 expansions, they got the 4 amiibo and they published Azure Strker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, another indie series. thats IT...thats all YCG has done in 4 years of existing. does Shovel Knight deserve a spot in Smash based solely on THAT
sorry to rant on SK just, day in and day out I see people dismiss so much just because he has an amiibo.

Mario123311 Mario123311 I believe his reception in Japan has been good, but from what I remember seeing Shantae in comparison has been overall better reception over there,

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
How popular is SK in Japan because back when the ballot was still going around his game wasn’t even localized yet.
As far as I've seen, Shovel Knight, and pretty much every western indie character for that matter, has extremely little support in Japan. A lot of their interest seems in bringing veterans back.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Shantae:
Chance: 5%
She's a niche 3rd Party character with a fairly small (though vocal) fanbase. Possible if she performed particularly well on the ballot but very unlikely.

Want: 80%
The games I've played are great, and Shantae is a fun character. Way more interesting than most indies.

Nom: Banjo-Kazooie x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Going to make this quick since I have little time at the moment.

Shantae

Chance: 10%

She has some decent popularity and a history of Nintendo, but the only issue is her indie status and her competition with other more popular third party characters. For an indie character though, I think she was one of the most likely alongside Shovel Knight.

Want: 30%

She's cool and has some unique moveset potential, but other than that, I don't really care for her all that much.

------

Predictions

Dixe Kong (Donkey Kong): 62.31%

Still up there as one of the most likely newcomers from the DK series. Competition will be the major thing people will argue against her.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey, just so you all know, the noms list will be updated at around 2 am EST for the next four days or so, as I work until midnight during the latter half of the week and weekend. But rest assured, I'm still keeping up with it!

So, your noms will be waiting for you in the morning.:)

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Shantae

If Sakurai is willing to add an indie character to the roster this time around, then it’s definitely between her and Shovel Knight in my mind. Even though I do think it’s very unlikely, I don’t think it’s impossible to get indie representation in Smash. Just a couple years ago a lot of us thought it was impossible to get some of the characters that we did in Smash for Wii U. Right now Indie games seem very important to Nintendo, so it honestly wouldn’t shock me if we saw an Indie icon in Smash at some point.

Want: 92%
Back when Smash for Wii U was releasing and we were getting DLC I didn’t like the idea of Indie characters in Smash. For whatever reason my view on the subject has changed (don’t even know why), and now I wouldn’t mind seeing an indie or two join the roster one day. There are even a few I would like to see, and Shantae is easily one of them.

Prediction
Dixie Kong: 49.8%

Nominations
Concept: No Cuts x 5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I don't know much about Shantae so I'll keep it quick.

Shantae
Chance - 10%

My impression is that Shantae is something of a cult indie favorite with a strong history on Nintendo systems. I don't know if that's enough to get her a playable spot, but if Bayonetta could do it, Shantae is definitely in plausible territory.
Want - 60%
I'm pretty close to indifferent with Shantae, but I know it would make my little brother happy like with Rosalina in Sm4sh, so that has to count for something.

Nominations - Lucina x5

Dixie Kong Predictions - 62% Chance, 67% Want

I expect her to be one of our strongest rated characters.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Shantae
I just don't see an indie character as being very likely, though if they do add one, Shantae would probably be one of the first choices.
Want: 55%
Meh.

Dixie Kong prediction: 61%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Shovel Knight is literally a chibi Darks Souls guy- the creators admit that themselves. He'd basically be a tiny link with extra gadgets, should he be playable. [...] you should be dismissing Shovel Knight for ripping off various Links.
Hey, don't forget: he's also ripping off Castlevania and Mega Man! And a little bit of Duck Tales.

andimidna

Smash Master
After reading these explanations and reconsidering, I changed my chance score from 33% to 18%. I think I might’ve been considering riding Ballot popularity and the other team’s willingness to make it work a little too heavily. I do still think the first is especially important, but her placement is confirmed, making it far from certain that it’s even in her favor.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shantae

Chance: 8%

Indies are too hard to predict and she does have competition with other third parties. Sure Sakurai had been playing indies lately, but that doesn't mean he would be open for them in Smash.

The only thing that CAN help her is the Smash Ballot and I guess the games having some popularity in Japan.

So eh.

Want: 50%

Not sold on her, but she would be cool.

Predictions for Dixie Kong: 58%

Nominations: Sans x10

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Shantae

Chance: 7%

Indie character with Ballot Support, but we aren't too sure if indies as a whole will ever be chosen as guests in Smash. Sakurai's indie fascination aside.

Want: 100%

I would LOVE her and her games are absolutely fun. Who wouldn't want a genie that whips her har?

Predictions for Dixie Kong: 48%

Nominations: Tsubasa Oribe x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Oooh Boy

Shantae
2% Chance

The literal only things she has going for her are the ballot and Nintendo loyalty. However, let me dissect these two claims a bit.

The ballot is something that we can only have a limited scope view on. All we know is apparently Cloud and Bayonetta did well on it. We can assume K Rool Takamaru and other characters that got Mii Costumes in the later phases could have been seen as consolation prizes. Now Shantae makes sense not to receive them, as she is third party and not having nay company presence in smash. However, it often seems to me that Shantae was more of a bandwagon character. I may offend some people when I say this, but Shantae was the Geno of Smash 4 DLC speculation: A character that got a bandwagon (and minor hatebase) that objectively was not that realistic. Now right now Geno I would say is far more likely due to the fact Sakurai has acknowledged Geno with interviews and Mii costumes. Who knows, in another five or so years maybe Shantae will reach that level of fever pitch that made Geno stand out. Right now though, it seems that her support is just a very vocal minority, even in the vocal minority of Smash speculation.

Next we have Nintendo Loyalty. This is literally the most bull**** prerequisite or quality for a third party I have ever seen. The only strong example of this is Bayonetta due to Nintendo reviving her series. Mega Man and Ryu jumped ship to Sony for a while. Pac Man is known strongly for his arcade history. Sonic is known for his rivalry with Nintendo. Snake and Cloud are known for their roles in gaming as a whole not on Nintendo Consoles. This seems like a straw that is grasped at that could lead Sakurai or whoever to choose her over other candidates. I wholeheartedly subscribe to the theory that in 99.99% of cases, it is gaming impact that matters more than Nintendo loyalty. The only evidence otherwise is the fact that Bayo is in, but ballot.

Even as an indie, which is already a shaky ground to stand on, I feel that Shantae is not that strong. No Shantae game reaches onto the top ten sold indie games for the switch. Ziltch. Shovel Knight, the indie character who has as much, if not far more, support than Shantae, is however. I know some might talk about history or loyalty, but if you want to talk about indies that does not matter. Indie games did not pick up until around 2007 particularly. Shantae, while reviving in this time period, is a distinctly different story from most indie games, with WayForward turning indie. Even as an indie she feels like a weak choice.

Amongst other indie characters, I feel Shantae falls flat. Shovel Knight sells well, is still relevant to this day with just one game, and is popular enough that Nintendo was willing to make Amiibos for it. Hell I would argue that at this point Undertale has a better shot than Shantae. Yes, Undertale, that game with a fanbase that makes Sonic seem tame and is often seen like a cancer by many. But cancer spreads. Undertale spread like wildfire when it came out. It still is on people's minds to this day. I'd argue that Sans is far more likely than Shantae.

20% Want

I am not a big fan of Shantae or her games. I have played each and every Shantae game, and have gotten at least decently far or have beaten each one. I did not find any of them that great. I liked the character design and the charm, but the games themselves felt on the weaker side (IMO PC>HGH>RR>Shantae GBC). I simply put did not have that much fun playing a Shantae game. As a character she has a nice design, and her series' modern artstyle PC onward is pretty great. But I do not have the same kind of joy playing Shantae games. Maybe Ill do another playthrough and IRL stuff made me a bit bitter. IDK.

I think you can tell I would prefer other indies by my rant above. Shovel Knight is my choice for an indie rep personally, his game is a love letter to gaming. Sans is a character a friend of mine wants badly, and it would be fun to play as him. Hell I would want Isaac from the Binding of Isaac due to that game being one of my favorites. I just do not feel strongly about this character. The only reason I did not want to do a double day vs Shovel Knight is because I knew the thread would get too bloody. '

The only reason she gets 20% is she has a cool design, decent moveset potential, and I would like her fans to be happy.

Nominating No Cuts x 5

DAY OVER, Calcs up soon

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Again, I’m curious. How popular is Shovel Knight since his debut in Japan? I really want to know because back with the ballot people really kept requesting him before the game was even out there.

Anyways... I know I’m ate but

Shantae
Chance: 45%
Want: 65%

I have yet to play her games but I hear a lot of good things about her. It’s debatable though who we can consider the “Mario” of indie game series at this point though. There’s too many choices and I doubt we’ll see any indies at this point in time anytime soon.

Nominating...

Klonoa X5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Oh yay, time to do these again.

Shantae

Chance: 19% (I’m not really feeling it)
Want: 20% (She’s cool but I think her ship sailed years ago)

Nominations

Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x3
Decidueye x2

EDIT: Aw crap, bad timing.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Oooh Boy

Shantae
2% Chance

The literal only things she has going for her are the ballot and Nintendo loyalty. However, let me dissect these two claims a bit.

The ballot is something that we can only have a limited scope view on. All we know is apparently Cloud and Bayonetta did well on it. We can assume K Rool Takamaru and other characters that got Mii Costumes in the later phases could have been seen as consolation prizes. Now Shantae makes sense not to receive them, as she is third party and not having nay company presence in smash. However, it often seems to me that Shantae was more of a bandwagon character. I may offend some people when I say this, but Shantae was the Geno of Smash 4 DLC speculation: A character that got a bandwagon (and minor hatebase) that objectively was not that realistic. Now right now Geno I would say is far more likely due to the fact Sakurai has acknowledged Geno with interviews and Mii costumes. Who knows, in another five or so years maybe Shantae will reach that level of fever pitch that made Geno stand out. Right now though, it seems that her support is just a very vocal minority, even in the vocal minority of Smash speculation.

Next we have Nintendo Loyalty. This is literally the most bull**** prerequisite or quality for a third party I have ever seen. The only strong example of this is Bayonetta due to Nintendo reviving her series. Mega Man and Ryu jumped ship to Sony for a while. Pac Man is known strongly for his arcade history. Sonic is known for his rivalry with Nintendo. Snake and Cloud are known for their roles in gaming as a whole not on Nintendo Consoles. This seems like a straw that is grasped at that could lead Sakurai or whoever to choose her over other candidates. I wholeheartedly subscribe to the theory that in 99.99% of cases, it is gaming impact that matters more than Nintendo loyalty. The only evidence otherwise is the fact that Bayo is in, but ballot.

Even as an indie, which is already a shaky ground to stand on, I feel that Shantae is not that strong. No Shantae game reaches onto the top ten sold indie games for the switch. Ziltch. Shovel Knight, the indie character who has as much, if not far more, support than Shantae, is however. I know some might talk about history or loyalty, but if you want to talk about indies that does not matter. Indie games did not pick up until around 2007 particularly. Shantae, while reviving in this time period, is a distinctly different story from most indie games, with WayForward turning indie. Even as an indie she feels like a weak choice.

Amongst other indie characters, I feel Shantae falls flat. Shovel Knight sells well, is still relevant to this day with just one game, and is popular enough that Nintendo was willing to make Amiibos for it. Hell I would argue that at this point Undertale has a better shot than Shantae. Yes, Undertale, that game with a fanbase that makes Sonic seem tame and is often seen like a cancer by many. But cancer spreads. Undertale spread like wildfire when it came out. It still is on people's minds to this day. I'd argue that Sans is far more likely than Shantae.

20% Want

I am not a big fan of Shantae or her games. I have played each and every Shantae game, and have gotten at least decently far or have beaten each one. I did not find any of them that great. I liked the character design and the charm, but the games themselves felt on the weaker side (IMO PC>HGH>RR>Shantae GBC). I simply put did not have that much fun playing a Shantae game. As a character she has a nice design, and her series' modern artstyle PC onward is pretty great. But I do not have the same kind of joy playing Shantae games. Maybe Ill do another playthrough and IRL stuff made me a bit bitter. IDK.

I think you can tell I would prefer other indies by my rant above. Shovel Knight is my choice for an indie rep personally, his game is a love letter to gaming. Sans is a character a friend of mine wants badly, and it would be fun to play as him. Hell I would want Isaac from the Binding of Isaac due to that game being one of my favorites. I just do not feel strongly about this character. The only reason I did not want to do a double day vs Shovel Knight is because I knew the thread would get too bloody. '

The only reason she gets 20% is she has a cool design, decent moveset potential, and I would like her fans to be happy.

Nominating No Cuts x 5

DAY OVER, Calcs up soon
Nintendo didnt come to them, they came to Nintendo about it. I found a video of an interview confirming this. Nintendo di bring up amiibo and that they were allowing third parties to make some, but YCG had to decide on it. they also had to get the amiibo made on their own with I believe Nintendo supervising and checking on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shantae
Chance 50%
With her belly-dancing transformations, and hair-whip attacks Shantae has a lot of promise.

Want: 5%
That said rather Shovel Knight get in first.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Shantae
14.71% Chance
43.94% Want

Ouch. Seems like Shantae is in a small minority on here in terms of hardcore fans. Overall compared to other newcomers Shantae did not do great. Perhaps when more third parties are rated she will seem better. But she was pretty far below Rayman so....

Today we have Dixie up to bat, will she still be seen as the most likely DK newcomer. Please rate Dixie in chance and want. Also please predict the score for Concept: Gen 7 Pokemon Newcomer.

Troykv Troykv gets five exta noms today, only off by .1.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Dixie Kong

Chance: 50%

King K. Rool's competition. And unlike him, she was intended to be in Brawl as a Nana for Diddy. So she's one of the frontrunners here but still a coin toss.

Want: 25%

Ehh not a big fan of her.

Prediction

Gen 7 Pokemon: 43.76%

Nomination

Lucas x5

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Dixie Kong

Chance: 65%
If there's another DK rep, it'll probably be her.

Want: 10%
Give me Funky or give me death.

Gen 7 prediction: 50%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x2
Funky Kong x3

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dixie Kong
Chance 65%
She's a very strong candidate thanks to Tropical Freeze, but she was looked over before and not much has changed since. Still pretty likely though and Tropical Freeze was probably too new to affect the base roster, and DLC seem to have different priorities
Want 40%
Meh, I could live with her, but I find the Kong characters pretty uninteresting

Nominate
Parabo and Satebo x4
Skull Kid x1

Prediction 72%

Troykv

Smash Master
Dixie Kong

She is that kind of characters that doesn't have a special reason to be selected in Smash, but the circunstances around her makes her a very likely choice... so, she is essencially a coin flip.

Want: 40%

I found her... a bit plain.... but hey, I would be happy for her fans.

______

Predictions: Gen 7 Pokémon: 64.3%

And nominations...

Troykv Troykv gets five exta noms today, only off by .1.
I won :D

Nominations:

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x8
Celica (Fire Emblem) x2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong

Chance: 85%

She's got a lot going for her. Tropical Freeze propelled her to relevancy, pun not intended, and it was released right in the sweetspot of relevant games when the roster was crafted. Plus we know she's been looked at as a potential fighter in some form back in Brawl. She stands out as a concept since her hair can be used like a whip of sorts. There aren't that many characters in as good of a spot as her either, so she just seems like an obvious choice.

I used to not really care about her, but she really grew on me in Tropical Freeze. I ended up checking out the original DKC trilogy as well.

Gen 7 Pokemon Prediction: 54.4%

Nominations: Excitebiker x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Really, who knows? Everyone thought we'd get a DK rep in Smash 4 and we didn't. It feels the same now. It doesn't help that we have not gotten a new DK game since the one that came out before Smash 4.

My single most-wanted newcomer*. DKC2 and 3 are my childhood.

*That I consider to stand a reasonable chance

Nominate 2B x5

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It could happen but I don't see it. Sure she was in Tropical Freeze but while relevancy is a factor it isn't the only factor out there. King K Rool dwarfs her in popularity, and Sakurai doesn't have a lot to work with her from her games ( just because the fans can come up with movesets doesn't mean Sakurai can). She could be included if they want a walking billboard for Tropical Freeze's re-release but I feel Sakurai will go with K Rool over her. Though DK could always get 2 characters.

Want: 50%
DK Country 3 is my favorite but if Dixie doesn't make it in I won't be too sad.

noms: Tethu X5

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Dixie

Chance: 50% - I feel it could go either way. If she was straight up competing head-to-head against K. Rool for a single DK slot, chances are she wouldn't make it. His popularity, while not enough to warrent playable status from the ballot, netted him a Mii Costume. He's clearly big enough to get Sakurai's attention. However, Dixie's been made relevant again, and since TF is getting a rerelease, she can still promote a current game. She is still an important character from a relevant series, being one of the 3 starring characters of the original SNES trilogy. I think she could have enough to make the cut on her own merits despite being slightly overshadowed by K. Rool; DK is an important enough franchise that I think it could see two newcomers this time.

I've said time and time again that she's been my most wanted newcomer since Brawl. DKC2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and Dixie's one of my all-time favorite Nintendo characters. I think she could have a crazy moveset with tether/command grabs, disjoints, and superb aerial mobility with her hair. I'd even take semi-clone status, but I think there's enough to do with her hair to fill out at least 85% of a full moveset.

EDIT:

Prediction:
Gen 7 Pokémon - 70%

Nominate Hades x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Dixie Kong:

It seemed really unlikely to have only 2 DK characters in Smash 4, and I think those sentiments are only going to get amplified as time goes by. Maybe they didn’t have the best measure of how popular Dixie and K Rool were, but then the Ballot happened.
I feel like the chance of at least 1 DK character is pretty close to certain. Not to fulfill a rep, but given the choices. I’d say it’s about 80+%. They got away with not including either last time, but that’s just another handful of Nintendo characters out of the way in the hypothetical priority list, honestly. I feel like the chance of getting both is almost a coin flip, but not quite. Let’s say a tad above 30%.
I honestly think I underrated K Rool a lot now that I think about it again, so this won’t add up with that number if it could.

Chance: 49%

I’m expecting one or the other, but not with complete certainly that one or the other has to be in. Since it’s not out of the question that both could make it without the roster seeming oversaturated, that helps them both. The chance of them both really can’t be considered more than 50 before one is confirmed imo.
Idk it’s late and I’m just ranting about numbers now.

Want: 75%

A hair whipping, gum popping, guitar rocking ho that can hold her own? Lmao sure let’s go
I’m not as excited for her as I was before Smash 4, but she’s still cool

Gen 7 Pokemon pred: 68%
I’m gonna go high. I don’t expect many to dip below 50/50 significantly

x4 Midna
x1 Sylux

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong

Chance: 65%
Want: 70%

I'd really love to see another DK rep make it into the game, while I don't play DK Country games, I know how deserving the series is for another representative and I think Dixie would be the best choice overall. She wouldn't play very similarly to Diddy Kong, but would probably end up take some of his moves, but she'd likely be quite unique due to her using her hair a lot in the main series games. Plus the fact she was supposed to be in Brawl along with Diddy Kong makes me believe they'd consider revisiting her.

Nominations:
Poipole x2
Petey Piranha x1
Azura x1
Chibi-Robo x1

Gen 7 Pokemon Prediction:
69% chance
74% want

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong

Chance: 30%

Tropical Freeze was out since several months before Smash 4's release, and Sakurai likely had no knowledge of the Switch port when developing the new Smash. That being said, she still appeared more recently than K. Rool, so she has that going for her. She was also among the Forbidden 7 in Brawl, but she was meant to be a tag team partner for Diddy, and nothing came out of that. Like K. Rool, she is rather popular, but the former at least had the Mii costume that was often speculated to be a consolation prize for his fans. We have nothing indicating that Dixie did well on the Ballot.

She arguably has a better chance than most, though.

Remains among my most wanted.

Prediction: Gen 7 Pokemon - 84.3%

Nomination: Shulk x5

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong Chance: 50%

I'm just really not sure what Sakurai thinks of the DK series. Tropical Freeze did well and still maintains some relevancy thanks to the Switch port, but the original game was out around smash 4 season, and we didn't get her then. Out of all possible DK reps, it's between her and K. Rool, but again, I don't know what Sakurai thinks of the DK series. Dixie Kong would be the "easier" route, as she's similar to Diddy, clone or not. However, I am fairly certain Sakurai knows the popularity of K. Rool, so I just can't make heads or tails on her chances.

Dixie Kong Want: 50%

I want a new DK rep, but whether it's her or not I don't care. The series deserves that much. Personally, I want K. Rool more just to satisfy my craving for more big villains, but if it's Dixie, I am perfectly fine with that.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Chance - 10%: Dixie Kong is a very minor character to her franchise in comparison to he who shall not be named. Tropical Freeze, DKC2, and DKC3 are her only games that aren't spin offs/cameos/remakes. She's a better advertisement, but she wasn't added in SSB4 when it would've been the perfect time to advertise her. She doesn't have the ballot presence and doesn't fill up as big a hole as you know who. Unfortunately I don't think multiple characters from her franchise can happen.

Want - 0%: If she gets in over the elephant in the room, people will claim that Sakurai "listened" and heavyweight villain fans will be thrown in the bin with the Ridley fans. She just really is not a very imaginative choice for me on her own.

Prediction - Gen 7 Pokemon: 89.5%

Nominate Blue Bowser X5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong
Chance: 80%
She has hair-whipping attacks, a bubblegum popgun and a ponytail-helicopter move. Moveset potential is limitless and Donkey Kong Country. Would get another great character!

Want: 85%
No questions asked I'd love to see her in even if she got in over King K. Rool my most wanted newcomer I wouldn't mind one bit. Donkey Kong Country's main female ape deserves it.

Nominations: Decidueye X5
Shovel Knight X2
Wolf X2

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances: 60%

Not gonna give her huge chances, but she has solid chances along with K. Rool, probably a bit higher than K. Rool. Of course, with only 2 DK characters in so far, it also is not unreasonable both Dixie and K. Rool get in. Dixie has more recent relevance than K. Rool with Tropical Freeze (K. Rool's last relevant appearance seems far away), both can have solid movesets (although K. Rool has more potential), both are fairly solidly wanted, K. Rool had a Mii Costume and Ballot though. Cranky or maaaybe Funky are also options, but unlikely to be picked before K. Rool or Dixie, even though Cranky would be my #1 DK option.

It doesn't seem unlikely to get a DK Rep in Smash 5 and is a notable Nintendo franchise, so it has less hurdles than a lot of other stuff, and slots in nicely. Dixie feels more likely to me, so she gets the higher score (tho I did not get to offically rate K. Rool). A DK Rep doesn't feel 100% though, see DK in Smash 4 or even The Legend of Zelda (which is more important than DK to Nintendo) only having Zeldas, Links or Ganondorf, and it isn't too difficult to see Sakurai not add another DK in, and DK could definitely go for a weird option for DK or whatnot. Feels more above average than very high.

Want: 31%

I'm not a huge Dixie fan, but she is not the worst, and she I think does have decent potential for a moveset with the hair-whip and hairicopter. I would rather have K. Rool and especially Cranky though and I don't have a very strong feeling about Donkey Kong as a franchise. It is one of those picks I where how much I like them depends a lot on how good the smash set ends up being.

Prediction

New Gen 7 Pokemon: 61%

Nominations

Marx x5

Top Bottom