• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Isaac

Chance: 5%

Golden Sun is basically dead and gone. He's not important enough to Nintendo's history to get in despite his irrelevancy, and even his AT was cut. He does seem to have vocal support online, which is his only shot.

Want: 20%

I mean, I guess he'd be kind of cool? I don't really know much about Golden Sun.

Bandana Dee prediction: 64.21%

Nominations: x3 Lyn, x2 Dillon

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Isaac Chance: 10%
Truly irrelevant, unalike a certain Kremling rated beforehand. Golden Sun's been dormant (possibly even dead) for years now and it just never has been a noteworthy franchise. His peak in popularity has also been over for a while now. Granted, he still has a decent following, and he probably didn't preform that badly in the ballot, so I guess he's not without some hope.

Want: 50%
I used to want this guy in the past, but those days are over. Still, I wouldn't mind him.

Bandana Dee Prediction: 40%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
When Isaac doesn't get in again, are people still going to bring this up again?
Sure they will. You can always argue that when the roster is reaching a size of 100 characters, they gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel. And the bottom of the barrel is characters like Magikoopa and Slippy, and Isaac ought to get in before them.

I happen to think that they won't want to ever make the roster that large and it would probably be bad for the game if they did. But I imagine some people are always going to believe we're getting 20 newcomers in any new iteration. But as unpleasant as it is to contemplate a large number of cuts, Nintendo is a business and brand synergy says aside from some entrenched-in-Smash but otherwise dormant characters like Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff, promotion of new/continuing series outweighs keeping every Smash fan's main. At some point, every newcomer is going to require a cut, because you can't expand the roster indefinitely. Younger fans are coming up, and there will be smashers whose first Smash game is Smash 5 (or 6, or 7) and don't really know or care much about certain veterans.

(Hell, Capt Falcon is probably more of a Smash character than an F-Zero character at this point.)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Sure they will. You can always argue that when the roster is reaching a size of 100 characters, they gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel. And the bottom of the barrel is characters like Magikoopa and Slippy, and Isaac ought to get in before them.

I happen to think that they won't want to ever make the roster that large and it would probably be bad for the game if they did. But I imagine some people are always going to believe we're getting 20 newcomers in any new iteration. But as unpleasant as it is to contemplate a large number of cuts, Nintendo is a business and brand synergy says aside from some entrenched-in-Smash but otherwise dormant characters like Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff, promotion of new/continuing series outweighs keeping every Smash fan's main. At some point, every newcomer is going to require a cut, because you can't expand the roster indefinitely. Younger fans are coming up, and there will be smashers whose first Smash game is Smash 5 (or 6, or 7) and don't really know or care much about certain veterans.

(Hell, Capt Falcon is probably more of a Smash character than an F-Zero character at this point.)
To be fair, Kamek is the next most relevant and popular rep for Yoshi sans the Baby characters or Shy Guy. Though beating up babies in Smash may be a bit weird.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Isaac

Chance - 1.5% - No games for several years has turned his franchise dead. While he may have been popular at one point, today he's too new to call retro yet too young to call relevant.

Want - 75% - No connection, but a geomancer sounds cool.

Prediction

Bandanna Dee - 54.65% - I dunno, but at least he's the front runner for Kirby, we all agree.

Nominatinos

Anna X5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
To be fair, Kamek is the next most relevant and popular rep for Yoshi sans the Baby characters or Shy Guy. Though beating up babies in Smash may be a bit weird.
I mean, then I guess I don't think Yoshi's getting another rep, basically. We could get dozens of characters before the Yoshi series gets another rep. This isn't that hard to imagine, given that it happened in Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 (unless you count Bowser Jr). Yoshi being a series doesn't mean it has to get more reps, or even is likely to.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Issac

Chance: 25%
Isaac has a couple of things going for him. Being removed as an assist trophy increased his popularity on the Ballot. He got some more music in Smash 4, and he's the lead from one of the bigger unrepped Nintendo franchises. However not getting any sort of Mii representation, unlike many of the other very popular ballot characters is pretty damning. With no new game in like 10 years, and from what I heard the last one wasn't even very good (?), I just don't see it. I feel like a hypocrite for saying this considering I gave K Rool a high score despite being just as currently irrelevant, but at least he's in a very popular series

Want: 25%
Like a lot of characters, I don't personally want him, but I do kind of want him if only for his fanbase. Heard his games are good, and I'm sure he'd have a cool moveset based on his earth magic that he uses.

Bandana Dee Prediction
70%

Nominations
x5 Labo Related Character

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance: 25% - It's as everyone else before me has already said. The Golden Sun franchise will likely never see another game and Isaac's already failed to get in twice when he was more popular. He does however still have a very loyal following.
Want: 80% - The only Golden Sun game I've ever played was the financially unsuccessful Dark Dawn. I enjoyed it enough to complete it twice and I would love to see the series get more representation in SSB.

Waddle Dee prediction: 42%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Nominations List

Crash Bandicoot x 50
Lyndis x 33
Dillon x 33
Doomguy x 27
Anna (Fire Emblem) x 27
Bomberman x 25
Marx x 25
Decidueye x 25
Lucina x 25
Waluigi x 24
Shovel Knight x 23
Skull Kid x22
Chibi Robo x 22
Andy x 22
Arcade Rabbit x 20
Eggman x 20
Phoenix Wright x 20
Lucas x 20
Banjo Kazooie x 19
Sora x 18
Palutena x 15
Shulk x 15
Micaiah x 15
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x15
Professor Layton x 15
Midna x15
Concept: No Cuts x 15
Geno x 12
Excitebiker x12
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 12
Sophitia x11
Dark Matter (Kirby) X 10
Labo Related Character x 10
Scizor x 10
Elma x10
Celica x 10
Travis Touchdown x 10
Returning game mode: Smash Run x9
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x9
Robin x 8
Concept : Zelda Newcomer x 8
Takumi (FE Fates) x7
Style Savvy Rep x 7
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x6
Kamek x6
Qbby (from Boxboy) x6
Master Chief x 5
Steve (Minecraft) x5.
Azura x 5
Ninten x 5
Neku x 5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
2B x 5
Concept Indie Character x 5
Concept: New Mother Character x 5
Ray (Custom Robo) x 5
Masked Link x5
Medusa x 5
Concept - Skyrim representation x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Jibanyan x5
Susie (Kirby) x5
New story mode x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Mewtwo x 3
Corrin x 3
Dark Samus x 3
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x3
Impa x 3
Mii Fighters x 2
Lip (Panel de Pon) x2
Black Shadow x2
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Roy x1
Cloud x1
Simon Belmont x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Sonic x 1
Tails x 1
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes) x1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Mallo (Pushmo) x 3
Mimikyu x 1
Sheik x1
Toon Link x1
Tetra x1
Vaati x1
Undertale Representation x1
Concept: Advance Wars CO x1
Do you have updated the nominations posts?

I mean, I remember I had participate in all the five days giving nominations to Micaiah (Fire Emblem) :nifty:

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Chances: 30%
I feel like until either an older Golden Sun game is rereleased or a new Golden Sun game is released, his chances are going to keep going down.

Sure. I always wanted to play a Golden Sun game and maybe his inclusion could have a Marth-Effect.

Noms
2x Mallo from Pushmo series
2x Style Savvy Rep
x1 Chibi-Robo

Bandana Dee Perdictions
Chances:36%
Want: 64%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Isaac Chance: 17%

Coming from someone who doesn't know much about the series, I'm not sure I can give a good rating about Isaac's odds. That said, Golden Sun has been dormant for years now, and the lack of any major Golden Sun content in Smash 4 (even Isaac's Assist Trophy didn't return) does not bode well for him.

Want: 55%

Sure, why not? Again, I don't know much about Golden Sun, but I know I don't dislike Golden Sun and that Isaac has some magical abilities, so he could probably make for a fun character to play in Smash.

Waddle Dee Prediction: 68%

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

Smady

Smash Master
Isaac Chance: 5%

Golden Sun has been dead since Dark Dawn, itself not successful, before that it was a fairly niché series. So the series isn't getting a rep.

As a character, Isaac was remotely popular, however he got his assist trophy removed and never got a Mii costume like the other presumed popular ballot characters.

All he's got in his favour is that he's decently well known and has good moveset potential.

Isaac Want: 60%

He would have a cool set. I did play Dark Dawn and thought it was decent so sure why not.

Waddle Dee Prediction: 30%

Dr Eggman x5

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Isaac
Chance: 40%
Want: 100%

Bandana Dee PreDEEction
Chance: 57.63%
Want: 71.5%

Nominations:
9-Volt (WarioWare) x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Isaac:
Chance: 10%

I'll have longer reasoning next time, but I don't have much time today. I'll just say that I always wanted him, but I believe that his ship has sailed.

Bandana Dee prediction: 46.17%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I’ll be upfront on this: I’m very, very biased, and as such it is quite possible I'm overrating his chances. That said, I think the following is a pretty fair analysis, so let’s get ranting!

Isaac
Chance - 25%

First off, let’s address the elephant in the room: Golden Sun is dead. I think it’s criminal that Camelot has been relegated to the Mario Tennis/Golf company, and it’s sadly likely that most of the people who truly want to make Golden Sun happen don’t even work there anymore, but there’s no getting around that now. I may hold out hope for new Golden Sun, new Advance Wars, new F-Zero, but clearly Nintendo isn’t worried about such series when their studios can be working on safe money-makers. If relevancy is all that matters in selecting a character, Isaac would be a 0% because, unless there is a game being made we don’t know about, he no longer has any.

But if you’re here, if you’ve actually thought about how anything is selected for Smash, you know that just isn’t true. Duck Hunt from Sm4sh is perhaps the most obvious example of relevancy not being the end-all criteria, but so is Lucas (a veteran, but one from a Japanese-only game from 2006), Roy (also a veteran from a Japanese-only game, this one from 2002), and Cloud (effectively a Playstation character whose only Nintendo appearances are Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts spin-offs), among others. We’ve even got evidence that Geno in particular was seriously considered for the roster (source, courtesy of @PushDustIn), and, barring his 2003 Superstar Saga cameo, he hasn’t been notable since 1996. Sure, relevancy helps, as is obvious from our first newcomer this time around, but it’s far from the end-all-be-all many reviewers seem to be suggesting.

What about his Assist Trophy being removed? This is definitely an important point, and one that can be taken two ways. One possibility is that he was flat-out cut, which can’t be denied when he’s in the company of other Brawl ATs like Ray, Resetti, and Jill (which I’d argue should all return, but that’s just me). More likely to me, though, is that he was a low-priority character and thus wasn’t on the list of ATs to be ported/recreated in the event he made the cut. It’s entirely possible he was on the maybe list and just didn’t clear the bar due to Robin or Shulk or whoever else, and considering we know Geno was in such consideration and didn’t make it, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that happened.

What about not being DLC, particularly a Mii costume? Maybe I’m grasping at straws here, but frankly, I just don’t think he’s “DLC-worthy.” Any DLC characters have to be high demand enough to sell units, and that’s what we see from the seven that made it: three veterans, three third-parties, and the protagonist from expected hit Fire Emblem Fates. Meanwhile, Mii costumes were almost entirely from franchises already in the game (including Takamaru, who got an AT) and some additional third-party franchises like Tales and Monster Hunter. Frankly, Isaac just doesn’t fit those categories, and I wouldn’t expect him to be DLC in this game either.

What Isaac does have, rather importantly, is a vocal fanbase. Much like Geno, Ridley, and King K. Rool, he’s a character whom a passionate minority have been asking for for quite a while now. This is also where the ballot comes in: while we can’t be certain of the results, it seems fair to believe that Isaac did respectably well as he was one of the characters I saw with a particularly fervent fan push during the vote, along with some other Smash community favorites. If that vote actually meant anything, most of the newcomers should be pulled from there (barring games that didn’t exist then like ARMS) as the results are a direct signal of what fans are craving.

Indeed, my rating comes primarily from that assumption: the ballot matters, and Isaac is among the characters who most stands to benefit from that vote. Everything else follows pretty naturally from there: Golden Sun is an unrepresented franchise, Isaac has ridiculous move potential, he's got one of the coolest possible Final Smashes out there, and in general he would fit in very, very well within Smash. His franchise may be dead in the water, yet a vocal fanbase persists, one that has ingrained itself at a minimum among the western Smash community. I still don’t think his inclusion is especially likely: I think the most likely scenario at 50% is that we just get his Assist Trophy back to appease ballot voters, while there’s a 25% chance I’m totally wrong and Golden Sun maybe doesn’t even make the soundtrack this time around. His best chance was absolutely Sm4sh, and failing there means he will probably never be a likely inclusion again. Still, I don’t believe it’s over yet, and Sakurai willing, I think the Golden Sun may yet rise.

Want - 100%
My most wanted character by far.

Nominations - Lucina x5

Bandana Dee Predictions - 37.75% Chance, 62.25% Want
I expect this to be a bit of a weird one. Ratings all over the board, both on chance and want. I have to admit, though, he probably deserves to do pretty well!

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Isaac

Chance: 20%

I’ve never played GS so idk much about the series. It seems timing is what hurt it the most. The series debuted 1 year after Melee and a few years before Brawl. Brawl was it’s best time to join, unless if he’d gotten the Roy treatment in Melee, but they made him an assist. Then his third game hit and it didn’t do good. I don’t know why they removed his AT, if Saki can remain then why couldn’t he? That’s the most puzzling thing about his removal. Had Nintendo done dlc way back then, we’d be probably rating the 2nd or 3rd newcomer right now. It sucks for his fans and his series too.

x5 Waluigi

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Isaac

Chance: 12%
A character from a niche franchise that hasn't had a new game in quite a while. We all know he was an Assist Trophy at one point and even that status was cut going into Smash 4. Why that was is anyone's guess really. The main reason I'm rating above 10% is because of the Smash Ballot. There's a possibility that his votes and passionate fanbase were enough for him to be considered. I have a feeling that because of the Smash Ballot Sakurai is going to give us a couple surprise fan favorite characters this time around. Who that might be is completely up in the air though.

Want: 34%
He's not really one of the characters I want in the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing him make it. I've never played a Golden Sun game, but according to Isaac's fans they're very good and he has great move set potential. He does look like the type who would fit in with the rest of the cast very well. He would be a cool addition to the roster in my eyes.

Prediction
Bandana Dee: 36.8%

Nominations
Concept: Zelda Newcomer x 3
Concept: No Cuts x 2

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Isaac:
Chance: 32%

I feel he might be considered as a former assist trophy, but Sakurai is focusing heavily on new Nintendo titles games (based on his roster choice for Smash 4 and Inklings for this game) and really popular third parties so I have serious doubts.

Pretty neutral towards him, tbh.

Prediction for Banana Waddle Dee: 30%
This reminded me of a quote that sums up how I believe Sakurai and the community feel about BWD:

tommorow's going to be interesting :upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

PREDICTION FOR BANDANNA DEE: CHANCE: 37% WANT: 63%
:kirby:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Bottom of the barrel" is a misnomer. How can there exist a point where Sakurai has to scrap for newcomers when potential newcomers are always plentiful even if only looking at the extremes between NES retros and characters with recent appearances? People said the same thing pre-Smash 4 and that there would be less newcomers than in previous games. Yet we got sixteen newcomers and DLC brought that total above Brawl with twenty newcomers. Yet despite adding in a lot of unexpected characters compared to previous games, people still think that we're running out of characters. But every game is going to bring in more new candidates and bring back previous unlikely candidates for reconsideration with new game appearances. If Sakurai finds fifteen newcomers he finds worthy of inclusion, he will include them all even if it means he has to cut veterans to get them in. That's not even going into the probability that Sakurai considers "bottom of the barrel" to be much different than how we define it. That's why this argument doesn't help Isaac's chances; we're not sure if Sakurai considers him a larger priority than even Slippy or Magikoopa at this rate and I doubt the thought will cross to include him at anything other than AT.

I agree that eventually the roster will stop growing for a number of reasons be it time constraints or being unfeasible for balance reasons. In fact, we may have already seen the largest roster Sakurai is willing to do if this is a new game. A reboot is not impossible and can work out great so long as none of the essential Smash characters gets cut and I'd imagine there's less than thirty-characters that Smash needs, Inklings, Mario, and Link included. But the flip side of the roster expanding considerably is also possible if the game takes more assets than usual if they want to continue the "more is better" approach since I can easily imagine this game started as a port.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Isaac

20% Chance
100% Want

Sorry for another brief write up again, but irl stuff is keeping me busy, so expect later scores than usual.
Isaacs mains support is the ballot, as he seemingly did well,as at least he is popular. However, there has not been much done with golden sun. I feel someday that maybe later this year or next year a golden sun remake would appear as a turned based rpg would be good, albeit unlikely.

As for Want I love Isaac, he is a fun character and I feel he would be a ton of fun. Also he would most likely appease so many people who wanted him since brawl.

Nominating No Cuts x 5

Day over, need to sleep before calcs.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
"Bottom of the barrel" is a misnomer. How can there exist a point where Sakurai has to scrap for newcomers when potential newcomers are always plentiful even if only looking at the extremes between NES retros and characters with recent appearances? People said the same thing pre-Smash 4 and that there would be less newcomers than in previous games. Yet we got sixteen newcomers and DLC brought that total above Brawl with twenty newcomers. Yet despite adding in a lot of unexpected characters compared to previous games, people still think that we're running out of characters. But every game is going to bring in more new candidates and bring back previous unlikely candidates for reconsideration with new game appearances. If Sakurai finds fifteen newcomers he finds worthy of inclusion, he will include them all even if it means he has to cut veterans to get them in. That's not even going into the probability that Sakurai considers "bottom of the barrel" to be much different than how we define it. That's why this argument doesn't help Isaac's chances; we're not sure if Sakurai considers him a larger priority than even Slippy or Magikoopa at this rate and I doubt the thought will cross to include him at anything other than AT.

I agree that eventually the roster will stop growing for a number of reasons be it time constraints or being unfeasible for balance reasons. In fact, we may have already seen the largest roster Sakurai is willing to do if this is a new game. A reboot is not impossible and can work out great so long as none of the essential Smash characters gets cut and I'd imagine there's less than thirty-characters that Smash needs, Inklings, Mario, and Link included. But the flip side of the roster expanding considerably is also possible if the game takes more assets than usual if they want to continue the "more is better" approach since I can easily imagine this game started as a port.
This will be a pretty consequential release if it turns out to be a new game as we're going to learn if Sakurai/Nintendo is willing to continue pushing the boundaries of how many characters they can include or if we've already seen the cap. 58 characters, even with clones, is a very large roster for a fighting game, and that's including team-based fighters like Marvel vs. Capcom where a large roster is expected. I'd love to believe the game will continue to expand at a regular clip as it consistently has so far, and there really isn't a realistic chance of Nintendo "running out" of characters (this forum is proof positive of that), but I have to believe eventually something will need to give. It's why I'm trying to maintain skepticism for many veterans: it's not that they shouldn't return, but given time/resource constraints, we can't necessarily predict where cuts will be made. On the flip side, as much as I'd like to see a bunch of newcomers once again and rate K. Rool/Ridley/Isaac/??? highly accordingly, I can't discount the possibility we only get a handful due to just how many resources have to go toward developing the army of veterans. Very much looking forward to future trailers/interviews on Smash for Switch because there's a lot of ways this game could go and at the moment I have to assume any of them could happen.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Guess I'll put Day 7 here.

Bandana Dee

Chance and Want: ABSTAINED

Nomination

Lucas x5

Prediction

Pauline: 18.67%

Captain Toad: 32.85%

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Day 6 Isaac RTC Statistics
[Total voters: 88]

Pretty high numbers for abstaining voters today. I guess Isaac really is a challenging character to vote on. I personally had a really indifferent mood today too...but that's because I decided to do weightlifting with 6 hours a sleep and without eating beforehand.
------>Abstained from voting: Chances: 2 ;
Want: 3<----------
(1 vote from chance removed due to ambiguity)

Chances:

Mean: 17.73%
Standard Deviation: 12.20%
Outliers (+/- 2 SD from the Mean): >42%

My thoughts: Well then, this royally sucks (is this a pun? I genuinely don't know if Isaac is royalty). With one person putting him at 80% (shoutouts to Morbi for being our outlier) and the rest putting him below 50%, Isaac ends up worse off than the purple dragon himself, Ridley. Maybe a "dead" franchise really does "kill" a character's chances of playing a main role in Smash. On a related note, I'm still kinda upset he didn't appear as an assist trophy. Like tomorrow's character, (don't worry I'm only gonna rant for several paragraphs about him) I don't really know if this lack of appearance in Smash 4 damns him for this iteration.

Want:
Mean: 58.60%
Standard Deviation: 29.10%
Outliers (+/- 2 SD from the Mean): 0% (under .5%)

My thoughts: I'm not really surprised Isaac isn't as popular. I spent about five words mentioning my want for him, summed up as "meh". RTC generally agreed with me, with about the same number of strong supporters as "meh" supporters (?). At the very top, Isaac pulled the lowest percentage (19/88 or 21.6%) of total voters rating him between 90 and 100% want. No disrespect, I just really don't know much about the franchise. And by "much" I mean "anything at all" :drshrug:

GET READY FOR CODEBLUE'S SALT-DEE RANT TOMORROW FOR BANDANNA WADDLE DEE AT 10PM PST!!! BE THERE OR DEE SQUARE~
:kirby:

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well, I hate to give more backlogged work to TCT~Phantom...but I work tomorrow until midnight, and I don't wanna miss the deadline. So...

Day seven...dee modest hero.

Bandana Dee

Chance: 70%

I'm rooting for the Dee, and have been since before Smash 4. There is little doubt in my mind that, were the Kirby series to get another rep, it would be B-Dee. The only lingering issue is...will it? I'm aware of just how huge Kirby is in Japan, and there's no way the Dee isn't huge with them, too (he's the kawai-est character ever), which may help his chances. Additionally, Kirby's representation has stalled since Brawl, and it would seem odd and even unfair if every other series (except the usual stallers--Mother, F-Zero, I'm looking at you) got newbies except Kirby. I mean, think about it: New Mario rep (probably a given.) New Zelda rep (DEFINITELY A given.) New Pokemon rep (no way THIS isn't happening.) But no Kirby rep?

All that said...I still can't shake this nagging feeling that it won't happen. Maybe it's Sakurai's bias against new age Kirby...though technically, B-Dee is still a classic character--he's not Magolor or anything. Maybe it's the fact that he didn't even get a TROPHY in Sm4sh. I don't know, but that chunk of doubt keeps that percentage that low.

But I have hope.

...do I really need to explain why after all that? :p

Predictions

Pauline: 14.5%

Captain Toad: 52.88%

Nominations

Marx 5x

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll throw my hat into the ring here for a bit. Sad I missed Isaac's day, would've loved to rate him.

Anyway, onto the Dee.

Chance: 65%

Sakurai's shown time and again that he still has a place in his heart for the Kirby franchise, what with it getting two newcomers in Brawl, and a lot of representation outside of characters in Smash 4. I don't think it's completely out of the question for our bandana-bearing boy to get his spot in the newest game.

Want: 80%

I'd love to see him in Smash. I love the Spear moveset from the Kirby games, and I just know that Sakurai could do something really nice with that moveset if he wanted to. With that said, though I would love to see Bandana Dee join the fight, I wouldn't be too hurt if he wasn't in.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Chance: 75%
I'd say now's probably Dee best chance for the fourth muske-deer of the Kirby series. Ever since Return to Dream Land, BWD's been seeing a very deedeecated fanbase grow over the years thanks to representing a very fun Copy Ability in the form of Spear. He's playable in Star Allies and has a good set of abilities that can translate very well into Smash Bros.

The only things I'd say would get in BWD's way would probably be LOL SAKURAI BIAS or if he's deemed as unimportant to the grandeer picture of Kirby, but I think given his popularity, recurring playable appearances and being a relatively simple character to make (Take an existing Waddle Dee model - retexture, resize to about Kirby and Meta Knight's size, add the bandanna, spear and translate it over to Smash Bros).

Want: 90%
You know what they say about Fire Emblem. Spears beat swords, and I'd say that Kirby's due for a newcomer for Smash Switch this time around.

Nomination: Roy X5

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Let's see if he eats this cookie.

It isn't so much a question of "Will Bandana Dee get in" as it is "Will Kirby get another rep". If the answer to that is yes, it's going to be Bandana Dee, period. He's the only character besides Meta Knight and Dedede that has had a consistent presence in the Kirby series outside of cameos. And at this point, he's kinda established to be the closest thing Kirby has to a best friend. I don't think Sakurai is THAT unwilling to get rid of his Superstar boner. (I mean heck, Bandana Dee technically debuted in Super Star.)

Want: 95%

More Kirby pls yes thank you.

Nominations: Geno x4 Lyn x1

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Bandanna Dee Chance: 15%

I don't see Sakurai adding a new Kirby character because there's already 3 of them and he's aware of accusations of bias. He held off on adding Dedede or Meta Knight until Brawl, and while he did add three KI characters one of those is a clone who has 2 different moves (Pit's side B and final smash).

You'd have to have a very good reason to add another character and Bandanna Dee just doesn't seem to offer all that many interesting ideas for a moveset. What could be his saving grace is any popularity, he might be the most popular other Kirby choice. Just doubt Sakurai will add more Kirby this time.

Bandanna Dee Want: 30%

He's a likable character but I'd prefer Marx. Now that Star Allies exists and there's over 1% chance for anything besides Bandanna Dee my standards have risen.

Pauline: 10% (Assume there's some fans who are optimistic.)
Captain Toad: 60% (RELEVANT!)

Eggman x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance: 50%
Coin flip imo. While he had a good relevancy streak (being playable in RTDL, helping Kirby from the background in TD and PR, being the only playable character aside from Kirby in RC, having an important role in Battle Royale, etc) and he appeared in a lot of promotional material, he didn't get a trophy in Sm4sh, although Sakurai did achknowledge him in a tweet.

Predictions

Pauline 23%
Captain Toad 77%

Decidueye x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chance: 50%
Coin flip imo. While he had a good relevancy streak (being playable in RTDL, helping Kirby from the background in TD and PR, being the only playable character aside from Kirby in RC, having an important role in Battle Royale, etc) and he appeared in a lot of promotional material, he didn't get a trophy in Sm4sh, although Sakurai did achknowledge him in a tweet.

Predictions

Pauline 23%
Captain Toad 77%

Decidueye x5
He got acknowledged in a tweet? I would like a source for this. I have never seen this.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Alrighty my main man Bandana Dee!

I'll try to keep it unbiased.

With him being very prominent in the new Kirby games, his chances are high. Not to mention how the Kirby community, east and west love him. All though that does not guarantee his inclusion in smash. Just like in smash 4 there was not a single mention of him. Not even a trophy.

He is my number 1 newcomer ever since Kirby SSU. My support for him only got stronger over the years, as did his appearances and importance. At the very least I would like an assist trophy or mention of him. But mostly as a playable.

Nominations: indie character x5

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Waddle Dee chance - 30%

He has relevancy going for him but I can't see him being a big priority for Sakurai. Not to mention I believe Sakurai has said he felt hesitant to add new Kirby characters in the past, so I think there's a good chance he feels Kirby is adequately represented already.

Want: 30%

I don't hate him but I'm also not really interested in him appearing on the roster, I think there are far more interesting characters out there.

Predictions:
Pauline - 15%
Captain Toad - 35%

Noms:
Phoenix Wright x3
Chibi Robo x2

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Chance: 75%
Gonna high ball it a bit here because I think he’s got a lot of things going for him. He’s relevant, he’s easily recognizable, his moveset practically writes itself,
he’s popular among Kirby fans and Smash fans... I think he’s a lot more chances than most people realize.

Want: 35%
Spear fighters would be cool, I guess, but other than that Bandana Dee is a very uninteresting pick, imo. I wouldn’t be excited at all if he got announced. He looks too generic, and the Kirby series has plenty of other, more interesting characters I’d rather see if we got a new Kirby character.

Preditctions:
Pauline- 40%
Captain Toad- 60%

Noms:
Codename S.T.E.A.M rep x4
Shovel Knight x1

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Apologies in advance if posting before the day officially starts creates any trouble

Banana Dededede

Chance- 60%
Ive seen a fair ammount of support for this character, but hes certainly gotten more popular over time! It also helps that he has had perfect attendance in the Kirby games since RtDL, even showing up in Rainbow Curse as the only other playable character after kirby. Hes also playable in the new Kirby that comes out tomorrow.
Kirby has been getting new games almost annually, and hasnt been this popular a series in a while, so its certainly possible Sakurai has Kirby on the brain and would include a new character. Bandana Dee would also have a unique moveset, which always benefits a character. Priority is another factor, and im not certain Dee would be put up that high on the list. Im not certain wether or not we will get a new Kirby character, but if we do, I got a hunch it would be none other than Bandana Dee.

Want- 65%
I'd love a new Kirby character, and altough my first pick would be Adeline (any fellow Kirby 64 superfans out there?), I have no objections towards Bandana Dee. Pretty far from my most wanted, though.

Captain Toad- 64.32%
Pauline- 18.57%

Doomguy X 2
Banjo Kazooie X 3

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Bandanna Dee:
Chance: 30%
Sakurai has stringently used content from Kirby games he wasn't involved with, and BD wasn't an overly significant character during Sakurai's run. (Prince Fluff didn't even get a trophy). He's got some modern relevance, but it's in the one series where I'm not sure that really matters. I only rate him this high due to there being very few major Nintendo characters not yet in Smash Bros.

Want: 20%
I'd be fine with him, but he doesn't seem like the most desirable character. His inclusion would seem like "who can we add from Kirby", rather than "let's add this character because they'd work so well". Okay, just lacklustre.

Nom:
Banjo-Kazooie x5

D

Deleted member

His inclusion would seem like "who can we add from Kirby", rather than "let's add this character because they'd work so well".
I disagree completely.
He can use a spear and a parasol, and he's extremely easy to translate into Smash due to the nature of the Kirby series.
I say this as someone who doesn't care about "reps" at all, btw.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I disagree completely.
He can use a spear and a parasol, and he's extremely easy to translate into Smash due to the nature of the Kirby series.
I say this as someone who doesn't care about "reps" at all, btw.

Completely fair, but I disagree

Top Bottom