• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Skull Kid

Chance- 25%
Very popular character, but also quite old and out of the spotlight (he does have Hyrule Warriors and the Remake, though). There's just so many potential characters, it's hard to pick one (besides arguably Impa) and decide they're the most likely. He has Midna, Tingle, Impa, Girahim, Zant, Vaati, now The Champions and so many other characters to go against. Majora's Mask was extremely popular in the days pre-MM remake, so maybe Sakurai took note of that for the next game. Then again, that may be just why he became an AT.

Want- 80%
I really want a new Zelda character, and I love the 64 era games (its been a pipe dream of mine for a while that we get a "third" game in which 64 Link finally reunites with Navi, that's the reason he got into the mess in Termina to begin with!). Skull Kid would be very cool, but if say, Tingle, Impa, Midna got in over him I can't say I'd be upset.

DOOMGUY- 19.93%

Banjo Kazooie X 4
Thwomp X 1

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Skull Kid Chance: 10%
Somewhat popular, but that's it. He's still a one-off character (Twilight Princess's Skull Kid's a different one from Majora's Mask Skull Kid so that doesn't count much if at all) and if Sakurai was going to add one of them, I'd expect Midna before Skull Kid.

Want: 50%
Eh.

Doomguy Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Skull Kid:

Chance:
10% - His chances are only slightly better than the other Zelda one-off characters, he's had a recent remake and is the most iconic of the bunch, but I don't think it's enough for him to properly seperate himself from the pack.

Want: 88% - My second most wanted newcomer. Majora's Mask is my favorite game in the series, and I loved how a lot of the issues around Termina could be tracked back to his mischief. I think he's got a ton of moveset potential, and obviously his design is top drawer, he's by far the best option for a Zelda newcomer imo as he's been able to stick around well past his relevancy, even with the more casual Nintendo fans.

Nominations:
Mewtwo x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Skull Kid/Majora (*Insert creepy laughs*)

Chance: 15%

Midna...

Zelda characters are mysterious topic, one I don't think I had the experience to talk about... but hey, I will give her some rates based in the things I had seen.

Seems like the most likely of the old legacy Zelda Characters, and has the advantage of appearing in a recent Wii U Remaster and in Hyrule Warriors.
Essencially the same arguments that Midna... so... just change Wii U Remaster for 3DS Remake.

He would be nice, but I don't care that much xDU

Prediction time!

That Doom Guy from the Doom Game: 10.4%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Majora’s Mask (because let’s face it - that’s what people want)

Chance: 10%

A recurring Zelda character...who was important for one piece of heart in all of Ocarina, and looked completely different in Twilight Princess. Everyone who wants him wants him solely because of Majora’s Mask, so he’s for all intents and purposes a one-off from that game.

MM was a great game, but gets flack just since it followed what is still considered one of the best games of all time. Still, he’d originally gotten passed over in Hyrule Warriors for Tingle, of all people, which really set Americans off.

Zelda has been criminally underrepresented in Smash. Yes, it’s got a fair amount of content, but based on importace to Nintendo, Zelda should be just below Pokémon and Mario, not Kirby and Kid Icarus (and Fire Emblem). It’s had basically the same representation since Melee: 5 characters, two of which are semi clones, and a lot of cases where the moves were cherry picked to fit a style and not the other way around. Granted, I don’t want too many changes to Link or Zelda for the next installment, but the Dorf or Tink could probably get a few moves more important to their respective games (and use their accessories for more than a random taunt)

I’d prefer Urbosa, Midna, or Revali for a new Zelda character, but a final smash involving a Moon Landing would be amazing.

Doomguy prediction: 13.2%
Nomination: Mewtwo x5

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Skull Kid

Chance: 25%
He's a top contender for the Zelda newcomer slot, but I doubt we'll even get a Zelda newcomer in the first place.

Want: 10%
I don't like Zelda.

Doomguy prediction: 15%

Nominations

Travis Touchdown x2

Funky Kong x3

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Skull Kid

Chances
: 23%
Hoo boy, this kid again. I always thought "Skull Kid" was a bit of a misnomer, since what we're really asking for is the package deal of one Skull Kid + Majora's Mask. You'd think they'd have a name by now for clarification, but then again, it's not like anyone ever thinks of a maskless generic Skull Kid whenever the topic comes up.

If one-shot Zelda characters have hard enough of a time qualifying, then Zelda one-shot villains have it even worse. Sure, he had a decent argument way back before Brawl, until both he and Zant failed to make the cut. Then Smash 4 decided to lump him into an Assist Trophy alongside Ghirahim, who had an even stronger case for inclusion at the time. Smash has kind of consistently not considered these extra Zelda villains as playable choices, so it's pretty doubtful (though not impossible) that this'll change anytime soon.

At least people still like him after all this time, and unlike other characters from Ocarina of Time-esque entries, he's not hurt as hard by Breath of the Wild's existence.

Want: 12%
Having not played Majora's Mask, I'd probably pick one of a dozen other Zelda characters before him. Doesn't help that his name was spammed on speculation lists nearly to the same extent as Geno's back in the day, formenting a bias I might have against most franchise one-shot characters.

Prediction:
Doom Guy: 4.2%

Nominations:
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Skull Kid

Chance - 3%
His chances already struggle, simply due to the fact that he isn't a form of Link, Zelda, or Ganon. But to make matters worse, his time has long passed her.

However, now that we know that at the very least Link will be using a Breath of the Wild design, his chances are essentially dead. It would be extremely weird to add a Majora's Mask-only character to Smash, during a period where the Zelda characters are going through a Breath of the Wild phase.
I feel like he has some significant popularity to him though, something that really no other Zelda character has, so that might work in his favor. But his lack of any sort of non-Majora's Mask relevancy hurts him. (I'm aware Skull Kids exist outside of Majora's Mask, but I assume people want THE Skull Kid and not a Skull Kid. Kind of a Yoshi sort of situation.)

Want - 15%
If we're getting a new Zelda character, I would really just prefer if it were a BotW character, or a character who has more appearances within the Zelda franchise (Impa and Beast Ganon are two picks that quickly come to mind).
Although I'm not completely against him like I am with Midna. I feel like he'd have potential to get a pretty cool moveset were he to get in. Plus, I enjoy Majora's Mask a lot more than I do Twilight Princess.

Nominations:
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x5

I think i'm going to steal BluePikmin's thunder from now on and just do random little blurbs. As much as I think everything posted can be extremely hasty if it turns out smash isnt going to be how we think it is im tired of waiting.

Never liked the arbitrary scores anyway.
Gonna go back and do everyone just for the sake of consistency and because I have nothing better to do while I wait for an online quiz to open.

# character
chance

Want

1. King K. Rool
Him getting in hinges entirely on the ballot. It's the only possible positive he has going for him. The mii costume probably means something. Can't really tell what though

Don't really care for him. Used to, but i've soured dramatically for multiple reasons.

2. Ridley
He's either playable or he isn't. Im sure he will be considered just like the last few games. I have hopes for the first time since ESRB leak so that's nice. Won't get too bummed if im wrong though

One of my most wanted, mostly out of principle. I stayed on smashboards because of Ridley. While i've become much more distant to the fanbase I just want closure I guess.

3. Snake

Konami lul.
I wouldnt count him out because he is still popular and iconic and all that. If sakurai wants him im sure he'll be back. We still don't have a concrete reason why he is gone

Would love him back. He was the coolest Brawl newcomer if you ask me.

4. Ice Climbers
Unless handheld mode ****s them over they're back. I imagine Sakurai was prety pissed they wouldnt work on the 3DS version and they'll be back.

Don't really care for them myself. If they come back cool for the afns I guess. I have no interest in playing them

5. Wolf
Decently likely. Might be low priority but if we're getting any returning vets after ICies it's this guy.

Always preferred Falco so im not really clamoring for him

6. Isaac
Best chance was brawl. Didn't come back as an AT. Was surprised they weren't a mii costume. His time has passed. Unless Golden Sun gets revived I dont see him ever getting in without a huge surge of popularity, but that seems to have been waning for a while now

He would be neat. Cool design and some cool moves. Not a fan of him as a silent protag for what i've played of GS, but the moveset makes up for it

7. Bandanna Dee
Definitely one of the likeliest choices on this list. Popular, relevant, growing in importance for years, etc. The only thing standing in his way is Sakurai's weird foibles. That's the only negatiev thing I can say

I like spears. Waddle Dees are cute. Banana Dee was my favorite of the playable characters in Kirby Wii. Give it to me Sakurai

8-1. Captain Toad
A "perfect" choice just like Bandana Dee. Dee has a few more total appearances I think, but Captain Toad has his own game! A great one at that! Again, it comes down to Sakurai being weird. As for jumping, Smash isn't canon and constantly ignores it. It wouldn't be the first time he rationalizes something with something made up or silly. "Rosalina is light because she is using anti-gravity on herself"

Would love him or a regular Toad. Give us a toadette/captain toadette alt while you're at it.

8-2 Pauline
Honestly, I dont see much hope here. Odyssey is a nice new appearance and they were pushing New Donk, but she is no Rosalina. Rosalina was a central character while Pauline is only for one world (I think). Also a bit more worried about moveset potential but ehhh. Im sure Sakurai could get something going

Dont really care if she gets in or not

9. Takamaru
Frankly the fact that everyone assumes he is a lock is a reason I dont think he'll get in lol. Smash fanbase sucks at guessing retros and now we have one as a frontrunner? Shady AF. He has the criteria though and I cant really find any fault with the logic of him being likely. Still mad I was wrong about my theory he was the next big thing. (Nintendo land, Virtual console release and smash AT apperance meaning he would get his own game)

Never actually played his game but samurai are cool.

10. Rayman
Rayman has been having a good time with Nintendo and he already has a trophy which is pretty cool. He seems like a pretty good choice. However the fact he is western could be a pretty big hurdle. Not insurmountable, but at least one to keep in mind.

Rayman is awesome and Origins/Legends are probably my 2 favroite 2d platformers ever. They're spectacular. When the omni leak happened I was so excited. I demand retribution!

11. Krystal
RIP. been MIA for a while

Would come down to moveset

12. Rex and Pyra
Base game they might have been too late. Can't be sure. If we mean both at the same time they're might be a problem of getting them both at the same time. I think somehow Rex is getting in either in base game or DLC

I ****ing love XC2. Not a huge fan of Rex though and im not really sure what they would have him do moveset wise unless they give him a bunch of weapons (which would be weird). If sakurai makes them cool im sure ill play him a lot though

13. Squirtle and Ivysaur (Double Day)
RIP. If they didnt make it into Smash For, I doubt they make it here. They would be low priority at best.

I love Ivysaur. Played the **** out of them in Brawl and would love them back. Squirtle is cool too I guess

14. Shantae
Not seeing it. Indie character that doesnt have anything particularly special other than niche popularity.

Dont care to see her in. Risky's Revenge was a huge disappointment.

15. Dixie Kong
Has "all the right stuff." Recent and relevant and only continuing. I imagine they are pretty popular too. Albeit ore in causal spaces than hardcore but still with hardcores. Biggest fear is that Sakurai sees her as too similar to Diddy for. . .some reason but I wouldnt be surprised so I wouldnt call her a lock

One of the only characters I want that has a chance, so im rooting for her big-time

16. Concept: Gen 7 Pokemon Newcomer
Inevitable IMO. Cant tell who it will be but Gen 8 is probably too far out. For all we know Pokemon Switch is a remake. WHO (heh) it is is one thing, but WILL it be feels like it's already been decided. Plus we've had "Gen X pokemon" as a character set aside before

I dont care for broad things. I play characters not reps. If it's Inciniroar HELL YEAH. Decidueye, neat I guess. Mimikyu, meh.
Gen 7 has my favorite Dex since 1 and 5 but it all depends on who gets picked. At least I like the 3 frontrunners I suppose

17. Chrom
RIP. Sakurai basically did all he could to **** on this guy. Trailer was mean to him, Viridi disrespected him etc. At least he got a mii costume and Chrom will always be a big deal to FE (Awakening is still an imporant game and look who was chosen first to show off FE warriors). . . But in smash he'll probably be a Final Smash forever :(

Used to hate the idea of Chrom but I have dramatically warmed up to him. He's a cool dude. My dream is that they use Awakening's biggest gimmick, Pair Up, and use that to make Lucina AND chrom both unique. Basically, just take a look at Project X Zone 2 and imagine them as one character.

18-1. Concept: Arms Character
Either base game or DLC. 100%. Fits smash perfectly and moveset potential is easy with such a crazy gimmick. The only issue is timing. Were they early enough.

"I dont care for broad things. I play characters not reps." Spring Man would be awesome. Max Brass would be better. Everyone else would be neat I guess.

18-2 Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character
RH is still big and we know one was considered. If the only problem was priority or techno stuff they will probbaly be considered highly again.

"I dont care for broad things. I play characters not reps" Wrestler would be cool. Everyone else would depend on moveset. I dont really care for RH TBH.

19-1. Daisy
Doubt it. Nothing has really changed for her. Her biggest claim to fame is Mario Run and a triple jump. A triple jump doesnt really mean anything since multi-jumps is just a regular smash game mechanic. We already have like 7 of those lol. And I wouldnt put a mario run appearance as that big of a deal.

Don't care for her. Plus, you-know-who.

19-2 Paper Mario
If Sakurai looks back at the 3DS and Wii U era for characters I would say they have a decent chance. 2 games of his own and a cameo in another game. Reasonably popular too AND got a stage in smash 3DS. May need to worry about similarities to mario

Paper Mario USED to be one of my biggest wants but i've come to care for him less and less. And no, this has nothing to do with recent appearances

20-1. Pichu
Why the **** isnt pichu a bigger deal? A cuter version of the pokemon mascot should be plastered over every piece of merch and gaming. But it's barely used I feel. What the hell TPC/Ninty/GF. . . errr anyway I dont see them coming back. Not in the forbidden 7 or anything like that. Best chance is the fact they are extremely low effort.

TBH I wouldnt mind them back I liked Pichu as a kid because it's cute. I wouldnt want them like Melee though. Needs a few changes so it isn't JUST "pikachu but worse." Should still be worse of course, but at least have more than that even if it's just one or two changed moves.

20-2 Young Link
Nah. No reason to come back other than being a vet.

Don't really care for them. Toon Link does more than enough for me. Prefer Young Link to Adult Link but not clamoring for it

21. Crash
Crash has a long history of Nintendo games as recent as Skylanders and popularity. Huge icon of gaming and is back in business. I imagine N sane trilogy port is too late to matter but TBH i dont think he needs it. Just being back is enough. FF7 didnt come to switch to get Cloud in so N sane trilogy didnt need to come to Switch to get Crash. Cloud is way bigger AND a japanese character but I wouldnt entirely write him out for base game. Not a lock though, unfortunately

Crash Bandicoot release date
9-9-1996
Zeb's Birthday
9-9-1996

PUT ME IN SMASH SAKURAI (CTR was my second game ever. I love Crash)

22. Lyndis
Unfortunate circumstances. She is a huge deal. She is super popular and has history in being the first western lord. But her time has passed. Her best chance is an FE7 remake at sometime in the future but ATM she is unfortunately unlikely

Lyn is awesome. Would lvoe to see her in smash. Just make sure she uses her damn bow. RIP Project M

23-1. Andy
RIP Advance Wars is dead and so is he. Probably low ballot presence too

Only played AW1. Andy is probably one of my least favorite COs in the game. Might be outright least. Also never seen an AW movest i've liked. Don't really think AW fits the "Everything and the kitchen sink" style of moveset.

23-2 Celica
Maybe she was late? I guess? It's weird when she already existed lol. Recency gives her a good shot I would say. FE is like the one time he's been worried about too many characters so he might still be wary. I wouldn't put her at a lock like a Gen 7 pokemon or Spring man/Rex but certainly a big contender

I like Alm more, but Celica is still pretty cool. Wouldnt be as excited as I was for Robcina or Roy but I would be pleasantly surprised

24. DUNKEY SMASH ANALYSIS APRIL FOOLS
no

no

25. Dillon
Don't see him happening. He is a real small-fry. I guess he must be growing since his newest game seems to be bigger than the other but I dont think that says much.

Dillon is awesome. I love his design and the concept of his game (never played too much of it unfortunately because of 3DS hacking deleting my data) but Dillon in smash is something I actually want a whole-lot

26. Midna
RIP. Twilight Princess HD exists I guess but I dont see it.

Meh

27. Professor Layton
The way that day went makes me think i am much more ignorant than I thought. Apparently he is much more popular than I thought. I assumed he was much more niche outside of Europe but popularity was what everyone talked about. People suck at guessing popularity but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I am certainly more ignorant. I worry about his ability to fight though. Just because a character does something once or twice doesnt mean it's central to their character. People always bring up him fencing, but if he doesn't regularly fence in his games I would be shocked if that is actually used. A character all about logic and puzzles being a sword fighter because he did it that one time just sounds silly.

Never played a layton game but want to. No real opinion other than that he has a nice hat.

28. Waluigi
WAAAAAAAAA
Basically Ridley 2.0. Has probably been considered before and will probably be considered again. The "jsut because you try hard doesn't mean you will make it in" has always felt like him saying he has considered it but eventually decided against it. I imagine the same will happen here. Big difference between Daisy and Waluigi. One is at least seemingly considered and manged to get an AT. The other only trophies. Maybe he will figure out what he wants. If not, I hope you enjoy your glass prison.

Waluigi is cool. Liked him ever since I played Double Dash ****ing yearrrrrrrrs ago.

29. Chibi Robo
RIP. Small fry. Literally and figuratively. Sorry little guy. Your only hope is Sakurai suddenly getting some grand idea

Never played a CR game and dont particularly care

30. Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight is kind of a big deal. Other than Mighty No 9 this was THE indie game everyone as talking about. Multiplatform mega-monstrosity. He's crossed over with so many characters at this point it isnt even funny. How many characters can say they fought the battletoads and Kratos? multiple amiibo and constant new games (sort of?) with another one the ay. AND published by Nintendo. If we get an Indie character, which is FAR from a guarantee, it's this guy

Man I ****ing hated this guy a few years ago. I thought his game was absurdly overrated. Then I played Plague Knight's game and everything clicked. So. . .Plague Knight for smash :p

31. Concept: Zelda Newcomer
Wouldn't be surprised. BotW is fresh and has a few different options. A champion would not surprise me for one bit. Not really sure who else it could be other than Sidon. I think the fact im so apathetic to BotW is affecting my rating lol

Give me Sidon. Maybe Urbosa. Otherwise I dont really care at the moment.

32. Decidueye
See the Gen 7 newcomer post. Decidueye seems like a perfect fit for a character Sakurai would be able to see a moveset for so I certainly wouldnt count him out. Not a lock since there are other options but I still say he is the frontrunner on gimmick alone. Pokken doesnt matter as anything more than helping Sakurai get an idea on how he playes

He's no incineroar but i've warmed up to him

33. Shulk
Hey I rated this guy too. Wont rewrite this one like I did Ridley because it's been a ****ing day

annnd we're caught up. And the quiz isnt up yet. Kill me. Anyway
34. Skull Kid
We were lucky to get an Assist Trophy. Majora's Mask released aggggggggggggggggggggges ago and I dont think the remake is a big enough deal. Hell people were worried he wasnt in Hyrue ****ing Warriors originally as anything other than a cameo

He could probably be really fun TBH. And it would mean he isnt an AT flipping the ****ing screen anymore GODAMMIT

EDIT :forgot noms. Might be too late. Dont really care
Noms: Elma x5
:061:

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Skull Kid:

Chance: 30%

Want: 85%

Not a fan of The Legend of Zelda, but I did enjoy Majora's Mask. Skull Kid is probably the only Zelda newcomer I'd like to see at this point.

Nominations:
Ken Alt Costume for Ryu x5

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The creepy kid from Skull Valley, or the kid who played with the wrong mask?

SKULL KID from Majora's Mask time today!

Chance: Abstain.

^
Whaaaat!? First time you ever threw your vote to be abstain. And the reason for that is, I do not know what to do with Zelda. It has no formula, no routine, and it only got 3 "characters", with with 2 different variations of 2 of them, which makes it 5.

Breath of the Wild is a game I've yet to play, and throwing a character into the ring is hard with Zelda in general. It could be a popular one-shot character, like Midna, Ghirahim, or my personal favourite, Skull Kid. Even the champions of BotW is possible.

Or it could go the way of the recurring cast. Which Tingle or Impa holds the crown and tiara for that. Thus making it more difficult to pin point;

AND if that was not enough, there is Zelda's biggest habbit of giving you different variations of same character. If it's a nitty gritty dark one as Twilight Princess, or Toony balloony of the Toon series, the new player on the roof from BotW, or maybe go classic; OoT or Z II.

Zelda does not make it easy, therefore I remain abstain from this.

Want: 70%

If there is a Zelda character that I want, which is not just changing Ganondorf's moveset, it is Skull Kid , I MEAN, TINGLE!!!.. If there is a character that I'd like to see more utilized, then it is Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, as it is my personal favourite Zelda game in general, being the sidequest and collectathon which actually is fun. It was my first true adventure into Zelda, and the Majora's Mask itself is really recognizable. So, I'd say, go for it.

Noms;
Doshin the Giant x 5.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid

Chance 15%
Want 25%

The same chance rating I gave to Midna. I don’t think he’ll happen but you never know. Although I think if anyone would happen it’ll be one of the champions.

Cranky x3
Kamek x2

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Skull Kid
Has popularity, but he has plenty of competition like Midna and Impa.

Want: 100%
I want any Zelda newcomer who isn't one of the three chosen Triforce bearers.

x5 to Elma

Megaban

Smash Cadet
SKULL KID
Chance -7%
Honestly, there's little reason for him. Like at all. Popularity carries the score. He does hav SOME move potential, but there are a lot more promising choices here.
Want -30%
This score is carried downwards by the fact he shares a franchise with Lana.

Nomination: Lana x5
Prediction: Doomguy -3%

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Skull Kid
Chance - 5%
In the face of his competitors, I find it unlikely that Sakurai would add someone from a game that's almost 20 years old versus someone more recent and with more popularity.
Want - 10%
I wouldn't be mad at his inclusion, but I would like to see Sakurai's reasoning for adding him over other characters like Midna, the BOTW Champions, and even spinoffs like Lana or Linkle.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Skull Kid

Chance: 30%

Want: 0%

I feel like he has a lot of fan support, and is recognizable to some extent, but limiting his appearance to an Assist Trophy is appropriate. I just wish he dropped the moon onto the stage instead of creating a random hindrance.

Nominations: Lip x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Skull Kid
Chance: 18%

Well...like Midna he (semi) recently got a remake of his game, and has remained a constantly popular Zelda character since his original appearance. He also appeared in Hyrule Warriors(much like Midna again) and he's an Assist Trophy in Sm4sh(AGAIN, like Midna).
He missed the original cut of Hyrule Warriors, but made several guest appearances with Lana wearing an outfit based on him, and being in Young Link's Focus Spirit attack before finally eventually getting in as himself. If he struggled that much to get into a Zelda All Star game, I'm not entirely confident he's going to get promoted this time. Still, I'll give him the same odds as Midna.

Want: 8%

I want a Zelda newcomer, but honestly Skull Kid is below Impa, Vaati, Tingle, Medli(impossible I know), Tetra, Midna and Ghirahim for me and I never really got the hype around him. He's not as engaging as Ghirahim, he doesn't seem as fleshed out as Vaati either...I guess he's probably the fourth best antagonist after those two and Ganondorf for me(sorry Zant) but I'd rather have plenty of other Zelda characters before him. Hell, the King of Hyrule got me more pumped for Hyrule Warriors 3DS than Skull Kid did which probably says a lot.

Doomguy prediction: 11%

Nomination: Isabelle X 5

Also since BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 asked for a schedule, here is my proposal. Starting tomorrow, I will take the highest seven scores and make them scheduled days. I will repeat that each week. Please let me know if you all want more structured days like that.
That sounds like a good plan to be honest. I'm very much down for more structured days.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alright, I made in-depth analyses for the all the next top nominated candidates in RTC, I am definitely interested in discussing about Wright. I am least excited about Jibanyan due to how many misconceptions people will make about the character though. :skull:

And yes, more structured scheduled days please.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Chance: 5%
Really hard to justify any Zelda newcomer at this point: obscurity, irrelevancy, little importance/impact... There all mainly one-offs that don't make much sense as being in the same league as main characters and mascots of companies. Ballot could help, but we've barely seen anything from the ballot as assurance that it holds weight. Bayonetta didn't explicitly "win", she was just a better pick than Shrek and Goru and Nintendo basically gave her life with how they funded th Bayo games. We don't know for sure yet if the ballot can pull multiple obscure and irrelevant yet popular characters into the roster.

Wouldn't mind either way, having barely started MM on the 3ds and having it break. He sound alike he could be neat though. Question: can Skull Kid use the other masks present within the game? If so, I think a moveset revolving around different mask transformations and powers would be pretty cool.

Predictions: Doom Guy .1%

Nominations: Reinhardt (FE) x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Skull Kid

Chances - 13%
Want - 5%

I really think there are others that should be considered before Skull Kid

Predictions on Doomsguy - 13.5%

Nominations: Zeraora x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Skull Kid
Base game? Not a chance. It'll be either someone from BotW or Impa/Tingle. DLC? Slightly higher than not a chance, but still pretty low.

Want: 70%
He would be cool, and I love MM. I just want other Zelda characters first.

Prediction for Doomguy: 13.98%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ahh Skull Kid, how much I adore thee, your creepy laugh, your innocent child like character, your deeper misery, you thought the world had abandoned you so with a mask you almost destroyed it. Too weak minded to properly use it, you found yourself a puppet. Through your mistakes however you found friendship old and new.

Chance 41%
A bit high some might think but here me out why I think Skull Kid is one of the more likely Zelda characters.

Skull Kid has more than you realised. Compared to most Zelda characters not name Zelda, Link or Ganon, Skull Kid and his Majora's Mask has recieved a lot of special attention. Within Smash, Skull Kid was the very first assist trophy shown in Smash Wii U, The mask was a downloadable Mii costume (only Zelda one besides Link), A Majora's Mask themed picture won a photo contest (which Sakurai himself personally chooses the winner of) and even way back in Melee it was the focus of Trophy Tussle event.

Outside of Smash, the mask has shown up a lot recently. A Link Between Worlds featured it in Links home, in Breath of the wild, it was the first dlc equipment decided on. It's featured a lot in Hyrule Warriors Legends(I'll touch on later) and it even showed up in Monster Hunter Stories as a feline outfit (this one even has a Skull Kid hat) and in Animal Crossing New Leaf

It's easy to see Skull Kid and the Majora's Mask are a favourite. It's easy to see why too, Majora's Mask is Aonuma's baby, if asked about another Zelda character for Smash, it's no long shot to think he'd say Skull Kid. Also worth noting now is the cult following the game has, people love talking about Majora's Mask, it's one of those things people might talk about to try and get views. It grabs the attention of so many people. Let's not forget operation moonfall.

And perhaps the biggest thing Skull Kid has going for him is timing. Majora's Mask 3D, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Twilight Princess HD. All quite new when the roster was being decided on. Majora's Mask 3D had a lot hype behind it, and Ocarina of Time 3D did influence Smash with Gerudo Valley stage on 3DS so we know remakes can influence Smash, while Skull Kid was originally not in Hyrule Warriors, this caused a lot of backlash, especially after the Majora's Mask dlc pack. Legends fixed this by making him the only newcomer not from WW or an OC before DLC, now he's quite prominent, with the Terminal Map, costumes based on him from Lana and Cia, cameo in Young Links moveset. His moon shows up everywhere, and now he's on the cover of the definitive edition. And while he doesn't play much of a role in Twilight Princess, he is there and shows up in a fairly memorable part of the game when you're trying to find the Master Sword.

And it goes without saying he'd be unique. Skull Kid tricks plus magic mask plus moon final smash

With so much going for him, some of you might wonder why my score isn't higher. Well a few things

A Zelda newcomer isn't exactly a guarantee, and he does face a few issues.

Despite the remake, Majora's Mask is still a fairy old game.

Breath of the Wild seems to be the focus, and Skull Kid isn't in that one.

Impa is tough competition, but she faces with her own identity crisis and possibility of just being a Sheik alt/clone

Tingle made more appearances, however his unpopularity has seemed to catch up to him. He shows up less and less. But he does have his own game and did beat him to warriors.

Anyway, I don't want to give him a score too high, I think a Zelda newcomer is very likely, and Skull Kid is good candidate. Just hard to be certain

My most wanted, easily. I love this guy a lot, Majora's Mask is beloved game of mine. And he's easily my favourite character to play as in Hyrule Warriors .

Nominate
Lara Croft x3
Parabo and Satebo x2

Prediction
Doomguy 17%

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Skull Kid

Zelda's constant cast changes between games makes it a hassle to settle on any single one-off character. The Majora's Mask remake hardly boosts his chances, since at a glance the game doesn't particularly stand out from the others and at this point there's already been several 3Ds, HDs and straight-up sequels. Between him not being significantly more popular than other one-offs who would want playability and Breath of the Wild being such a smash hit as to demand priority in all things Zelda representation, it's hard to see Skull Kid being able to keep his head above the waters.

Want: 15%
While Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, and Skull Kid himself is a fun character, I really don't think playable representation is the way to go. There's hardly anything to draw from moveset-wise that doesn't either have him steal another character's gimmick (Link's mask-changing or Majora's boss fight, neither of which would suit Skull Kid himself) or invent a slew of original attacks with only a vague relation to the source material at best (Hyrule Warriors went this route, but it's already a fanservice game and I'd rather Smash draw from the primary series than a Musou spinoff). That being said, it is still my favorite Zelda game, so I can't say I wouldn't be at least a little excited to see it get that much of a spotlight.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Skull Kid

Chance: 45%

He was an assist trophy along with Midna so they already got a base model. He's also one of the more popular Zelda characters and got into the base roster of Hyrule Warriors 3DS. So he's a top candidate for Zelda newcomer. But there's the issue of being a one off character.

Nominate Lucas x5

Doomguy Prediction: 14.76%

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Skull Kid

Chance: 6%

- His ship has sailed a long time ago but he’s still a popular character. His AT status puts him in an awkward position.

Want: 0%

- No thanks. He’s not Lana.

Prediction

Doomguy: 11%

Nominations

Black Shadow x3
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x2

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Incoming nominations list soon.

Skull Kid - 5%
Want - 40% Not my most wanted Zelda newcomer, but a very interesting choice. I would not despise his inclusion.

Doomguy prediction - 4%

nominate Sheriff / Diskun x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Skull Kid:

Only because he's obscenely popular.

Want: 10%
Meh.

Predicting a 9.8 for Doomguy
Nominating Henry Fleming x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Nominations. We have a pretty stable top 7 for the next week's worth of ratings. Up to @TCT~Phantom if he wants to make this post the cutoff point or wait til end of day.

Anna (Fire Emblem) x 230
Phoenix Wright x 227
Dr. Eggman x 222
Jibanyan x220
Marx (Kirby) x 212
Veteran: Lucina x 200
Concept: No Cuts x 196

Geno x 187
Micaiah x 177
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.) x177
Dark Matter Blade (Kirby) x175
Concept: New story mode x170
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x168
Hades x167
Ashley (WarioWare) x165
Elma x162
Veteran: Lucas x 158
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x157
Bomberman x 155
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x153
Blue Bowser x152
Sora x 148
Veteran: Mewtwo x145
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x142
Banjo & Kazooie x 142
Sans (Undertale) x128
Agumon x125
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x120
Isabelle x115
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x113
Travis Touchdown x 109
Urban Champion x108
Black Shadow x107
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x105
Funky Kong x105
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Impa x 98
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x98
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x97
Kamek x97
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x96
Lycanroc x92
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x89
Ryu Hayabusa x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x 78
Excitebiker x78
Dark Samus x 73
Octoling (Splatoon) x70
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x70
Labo Related Character x 68
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x68
Lip (Panel de Pon) x65
Azura (Fire Emblem) x 64
Spyro x59
Veteran: Greninja x56
Masked Link x56
Concept: Skyrim representation x55
Simon Belmont x55
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x55
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x 54
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x51
Veteran: Roy x48
Cranky Kong x46
Klonoa x45
Linkle x45
Parabo and Satebo x45
Zeraora (Pokémon) x44
Lloyd Irving (Tales) x42
Mipha x37
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x36
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Doshin the Giant x32
Susie (Kirby) x30
Thwomp (Mario Bros.) x28
Dragonite x27
Veteran: Bayonetta x27
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x26
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Balloon Fighter x26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Django (Boktai) x25
Concept: Wars Character x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Katrielle Layton x24
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Concept: Style Savvy Character x 22
Snorlax x22
Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x20
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Sylux (Metroid) x17
Ray (Custom Robo) x17
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x16
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x15
Starfy x14
Veteran: Robin x 14
9-Volt (WarioWare) x14
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x14
Lara Croft x14
Petey Piranha x13
Toon Zelda x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Gooey (Kirby) x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x11
Toad x11
Sable Prince x11
Viridi x10
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Steve (Minecraft) x10
Mach Rider x9
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Mimikyu x 9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Stage: New Donk City x9
Dragonborn x9
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Gengar x7
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Tails x 7
Veteran: Dark Pit x6
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Donkey Kong Jr. x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Ghirahim x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
King Boo x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Tom Nook x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Tora and Poppi x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1

NNID
Majorasmask66
Skull Kid

Skull Kids havent been that relevant as of late and as for the Majoras Mask Skull Kid, while he was in OOT, he was only important in one game. His best chance as of late was the remake but that doesn’t feel relevant enough to be something that would get him in.

He is awesome and he would play awesome. Im hoping they would implement him as a rushdown character. He’s easily one of my most wanted, 3rd to be exact.

Nominations: Hades x5

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Skull Kid

Chance: 1%

Ha ha ha... I want him so badly, but it is not going to happen. He does not have a triangles on the back of his hand and therefore Sakurai cannot understand why anyone would want that character. We have a higher chance of BotW being another Link slot or Toon Zelda to make her debut, fam.

My dream character is Masked Link, with the three transformations; however, seeing as that is impossible, this would be the consolation prize. I would cry if it happened. ****, I will eat one of my crocs if any one-off Zelda character makes it into the game.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Skull Kid

Popular character, but suffers from irrelevancy and nyalot of competition nyaa. Nyalso the possibility of Zelda even getting a nyucomer at all seems unlikely, so he'll likely just remain held back in one of those damn AT's nya...

Want: 85%
Most want Zelda nyucomer nya! I wanya turn opponents into deku scrubs and crash the moon nya!!

Nyomination
Concept; No Cuts: x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Skull Kid

Basically everything said on Midna applies here. He's a popular character that unfortunately outside of HW hasn't made any notable reappearances outside of his first one, and Smash has a tendency to avoid adding one-shot characters from the series.

Want: 30%
I prefer other characters to him.

Nomination: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Skull Kid

I'll keep it short and sweet.

This guy has had three chances to get in a Smash game. His time has passed, and it's not like this is a Ridley/Metroid situation where there aren't other newer Zelda characters who Sakurai could choose.

Want: 30%
Ehh... Far from being my first pick. However, I'm so desperate for a Zelda newcomer, I'll literally take anyone.

Nominations: Mipha x3; Lycanroc x2

****, I will eat one of my crocs if any one-off Zelda character makes it into the game.
Noted. ;)

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Skull Kid
Chance - 10%
Same boat as Midna basically or really most LoZ characters in general.
Want - 25%
A bit more interesting than Midna to me, but I'm not that excited about him either.

Nominations - x5 Greninja

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Skull Kid
Chance: 4% - One of many one shot villains in the Zelda universe who will likely never appear in a future main series Zelda title. His only real advantage is popularity, but even that feels minuscule compared Midna. We also still have Beast Ganon and the rising stars that are the four heroes from Breath of the Wild to take into account.
Want: 70% - He has my full support regardless.

Nominations: New story mode x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Skull Kid

Chance: 20% - Things are in both a good and bad place for Skull Kid. He's crazy popular in general, most likely the second most popular Zelda villain after Dorf himself, and had a ton of support pre-Smash 4 that likely landed him his out-of-nowhere AT role. Reminder that the AT was announced well before MM3D - people actually talked about it thinking it was a hint for MM3D. The backlash from him being excluded from Hyrule Warriors' Majora's Mask pack led to him being very quickly added to it's 3DS port - another example of his popularity giving him a boost. Hyrule Warriors also finally gave the lil guy renewed relevance and a moveset of his own, meaning his moves wouldn't have to be invented from whole cloth or stolen from other MM content. This all for a character who hadn't shown up, cameos excluded, for almost 20 years. The enduring popularity of this character is certainly nothing to sniff at, considering the much harder falloff for other prior contenders like Zant, Vaati, and Ghirahim

Unfortunately for the masked menace, he's got a HELL of a lot of competition. Impa, Tingle, Midna, and plenty of others all have a claim to stake for the much-desired title of Zelda newcomer. I don't see him at the level of Impa or Tingle yet, and I think Midna slightly eclipses him, but he's definitely got an outside shot if nothing else due to the endurance of his fanbase. He's not got the issues of inconsistent depiction like Impa, nor an active hatebase like Tingle, but I think it says a lot for the power of being a recurring character that those two are unilaterally considered frontrunners despite those issues.

Want: 75% - Man I'd LOVE Skull Kid to show up. After Impa, he's probably my second most wanted Zelda character for Smash, and his reveal would be so hype. Imagine Majora's Mask being lit up from out of the shadows by the giant flaming Smash Ball. It'd be cool as hell to let Skull Kid get in on the fray, and if Fire Emblem can get six characters, I'd be totally down for Zelda to get both Impa and Skull Kid for seven.

Predictions

Doomguy: 12.22% - Certainly a better and more iconic choice than something from Skyrim, but his franchise's crazy violence and realistic weaponry alongside Bethesda being rather new to Nintendo's third party table gives him quite the hurdle to overcome.

Nominations

Dark Matter Blade x 5

Looks like he's gonna barely miss the cut for this batch of ratings nominees, but for the next one he's very comfortably at the top of the pack. Better get to writing up a post on my boy to talk about just how important he is to the Kirby franchise.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Skull Kid
Chances:
25%
Want: 90%

I just do not give 100% to him because I think he's already an old character in the Zelda series! But I believe he would be awesome as a member of Super Smash Bros.!

Nomination: Agumon x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cranium Toddler

Chances - 10%. Not too relevant, but a little relevant and pretty popular

Want - 10%. Indiferrent.

Nominations: Kamex x4, Doesn't-Matter Blade x1

Top Bottom