• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

They're just not very interesting from a moveset perspective. In terms of speculation, it's a lot more interesting to think about 100% unique movesets and characters over clones and semi-clones.
Yeah, but it's not like adding them takes the same amount of time as a full character...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie Kong:

Realistic Chance: 70%

There's no reason for her to miss the boat now. She's highly wanted, DKC has been skipped totally last game so it's in high demand. Plus Dixie is quite popular, and one of the original DKC's protagonists. She has a lot going for her, and could be made a semi-clone pretty easily but still be highly unique cause of her Helicopter Spin.

She's one of the few remaining female Nintendo protagonists with a easy transition from source material to Smash. It's astonishing how she didn't make the cut last time. Then again, there where no new semi-clone additions, except for Roy, who was DLC anyway and a hugely popular veteran.

Want: 100%

It needs to happen bruhv.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

Chance: 75%
I think she has a very strong chance of getting in. Easily the most likely DK newcomer.

Want: 60%
I’d prefer K. Rool but I’ll honestly take any new DK rep at this point. Long overdue.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dixie Kong

Chance: 70%

I think her only real issue is her competition with King K. Rool, but if there is major thing she has over him, its that she has relevancy going for. She recently reappeared as a playable character in Tropical Freeze, which is even getting a Switch port sometime soon. Her popularity also does her favors.

Want: 70%

My preferred choice for the next Donkey Kong rep. I'd imagine she'd be a fun character to use.

------

Predictions:

Generation 7 Pokemon rep: 82.46%

Unless we're getting Generation 8 later this year, I have a feeling this concept is likely.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong
Chance- 32%

Dixie Kong is a strange one. She should have a lot going for her- prominence, relevancy, popularity, and she has been considered by Sakurai before. And yet, her popularity was most likely outmatched by K. Rool during the ballot, and none of the other factors helped her get in last time around. Sakurai doesn’t care about a series “deserving” a rep like most of us, and he seems to be very concerned about developing characters that he thinks will have compelling movesets. Dixie would not be full clone, for sure, but I don’t get the impression he thinks Dixie is unique enough to be high priority. It doesn’t look like she was ever considered as a standalone character, and there are no signs that Sakurai gave her any attention last time (unlike K. Rool)

Want- 90%
Which is kind of a shame. I like Dixie as a character and think her inclusion would be deserving. I’d be more hyped for K. Rool, but I would have been fine getting two DK characters last time, so I am certainly on board now.

Gen 7 Predictions- 81%

Nominations:
Andy x3
Dillon x2

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Dixie Kong
Chance: 50% If Sakurai decides to put another DK rep in the game it is either her or K.Rool and both have reasons to be the rep over the other.

Want: 40%
I prefer K.Rool, but Dixie will be a fun character regardless.

Prediction - Gen 7 Pokemon: 75%

Celica x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong:

I say things look good for her at the moment. Not only has she been pretty consistently popular over the years, but she is still an active member of the series. Nintendo did make a big deal about her return in Tropical Freeze, and that game coming to the Switch can only help her. I'd say her only real competition is between the more popular, but less relevant/active K. Rool, or the less popular, but more iconic Cranky, who also got to be playable in Tropical Freeze.

She's a fun character and can bring a bunch to the table, thanks to her prehensile ponytail, without having to copy from Diddy. I only want Cranky a smidge over her since he would most likely be able to bounce on his cane ala-Duck Tales.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong
Chance: 72%
Want: 85%

Aside from being somebody who still has to look into the DKC games more, I think she’d an interesting choice. More interesting than the heavyweight villian everyone seems to want, no offense but I’m not into playing heavyweights for that matter either. It helps she’s become recurring as of late while K. Rool hasn’t been seen since the 90’s I believe. Really, I’d greatly prefer her.

Nominate
Klonoa
(again, I wanna see how he fares here) x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dixie Kong

Dixie has a number of good merits under her belt. Tropical Freeze recently released, and while the port probably came too late to matter, the original didn't as it came out during Smash 4's production and thus would likely be used as the basis for franchise representation here. She's still a popular character in her own right, having been wanted since at least Brawl, and finally, she was considered previously as a duo alongside Diddy, so she has been on Sakurai's mind before. In general, she does check off many of the things that would be looked for in a potential Smash character. The only thing I can think of that would hold her back is if they decide to go with other newcomers or the reason she ended up being low priority before are carried over here and Sakurai avoids her, but regardless of either I still feel she has a good shot.

She's not my favorite DK character out of the available options, but I really liked her in DKC2 and I think she still brings enough to the table to be a fun character in her own right.

Nominations: Lycanroc x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Dixie Kong

Chance: 40% - Really just depends on ballot and if Sakurai can get a feel for her potential.

Want: 60% - DK could use some more characters; kinda surprised she hasn't made it already.

Nomination: Midna x5

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Was gonna take a song with Dixie from the DKC cartoon for this, but Dixie never had a song. So have this instead.

Chance: 50%

DK is probably in the boat of getting another rep at this point. The question is more if it's going to be her or K. Rool. Either way, she's decently likely.

Want: 30%

Would prefer K. Rool, but she'd be cool.

Nomination: Geno x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I really think the “but she wasn’t in Smash 4” argument is weak. That’s a whole list of characters put at a higher priority that have now been realized and checked off. The way I think about it, we’d be moving down that theoretical priority list now. It’s not like a perfect way to think about it, but it works better than seeing things in terms of reps imo.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chances 60%
She has more relevance than KKR and less popularity. There is inconsistent evidence as to which factor is more valued by Sakurai. There's an okay chance we get 2 DK characters, but there's also a (hopefully lower) chance we get 0. No matter what, she's a strong candidate, certainly one of the top 10 most prominent potential newcomers in terms of lifetime exposure by Nintendo.

Want 80%
I'll be happy with either of the big two DK characters, but K. Rool is my priority. With K. Rool, he could be our ONLY remaining newcomer and I would be happy. With Dixie only, I would be disappointed at no KKR, but still enjoy her. Ideally we get both.

Nominations:
Nia & Dromarch x3
Tora & Poppi x2

Prediction:
60%

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not Tiny Kong

:troll:

Chance: 60%

DK is a major Nintendo series and Dixie has been prominent in all the major releases as of late. She has relevance on her side while K. Rool has popularity. Who's to say who will be the one that gets included next.

Want: 55%

I much rather prefer K. Rool over her and really he's the next logical DK newcomer. Of course I could always see both getting in which would be an ideal outcome.

Prediction: Gen 7 PKMN

Want: 63%

Nominations

Andy X 5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dixie Kong

Chances: 80%
DK now seems very under repped, especially with 2 very popular choices being mentioned a lot. Dixie seems more likely than the other choice (K. Rool) due to her being more active in the franchise for a decent amount of time now.

Never played DK games too much but they seem fun and Dixie could be a nice addition if done right (I worry she will end up being a semi-clone of diddy regardless of what they may or may not have to work with).

Nomination: Caeda X5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Dixie Kong
Chances: 50%

I wouldn’t lose sleep if she didnt get in, but if she does get in, cool.

Nominations
Hades x5

Morbi

Scavenger
Dixie Kong

Realistically, pretty high. The only problem is the sheer amount of potential Donkey Kong characters. That being said, even if we get King K. Rool, Funky, or Cranky, I still feel as though Dixie is likely because of her model. It could literally be Diddy's model. Either way, she is more or less the most prominent among them and therefore the most likely, she is also a female character, which is something they focused on last time.

Want: 15%

Meh. If she played really differently, that would be great. Otherwise, I prefer King K. Rool, but Nintendo clearly has something against him. To that end, I also prefer Funky, and Cranky. Funky is more relevant and Cranky is more unique. She does not offer much beyond her gender, sadly.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it big. Most likely DKC newcomer, beause she's usually 3rd character beside DK/Diddy. So she does have a reason to get in, she's pretty relevant too, unlike someone else...

Want: 45%
I don't care about her, and she might fight for a spot ith K Rool whom I'd prefer. But not like I'd mind her.

Nomination: Lana x5

Prediction: Gen 7 Pokemon -90%

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong

Chance: 45% I might be too pessimistic on her chances, but I feel that her best shot was getting in during the last game. It's not unheard of for Sakurai to use characters with games still in development. Her game is getting ported to the Switch, so hopefully it will have more life now after the Wii U version didn't sell as much as hoped. We overrated DKC during the last gam, so I'm still not sure that it will get another character.

Want: 20% I'm not a fan. I wouldn't be mad if she got in, but I would like other characters besides her.

Prediction: Gen 7 Pokemon 60%

Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

StormC

Smash Hero
My line of thinking is still that Dixie's best chance was a Smash 4 DLC non-ballot character. I doubt she ranked particularly high on the ballot.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chances 70%: She is very likely but I think King K. Rool has a higher demand so it could just be him or both Dixie and K Rool.

Want 55%: I'd be fine with her joining but not wowed.

Nominations:
Jibanyan 2x
Midna 2x
Skull Kid 1x

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Dixie Kong

Chances: 75%
The main thing I see preventing her from getting in is if Sakurai prioritizes K. Rool, and doesn't feel the need to add another DK character over other potential characters. That being said I think it's possible we can get both, especially if she gets added as a semi clone of Diddy which could make her inclusion significantly easier. I imagine she would share several moves with Diddy, while also having some unique moves, (mainly swinging her ponytail for several attacks) or maybe Sakurai will make her unique, and go all out with a hair based moveset, I can see it going either way.
Everyone likes to point out how she's relevant which definitely helps, but there is one major thing I wanted to point out that a lot of people here haven't. She was the secondary playable character in DKC2, (which sold over 5 million copies) and was the main character in DKC3. DIXIE KONG HAD HER OWN MAIN SERIES GAME, AND IT SOLD MILLIONS! If you just look at the top 10 best selling SNES games she's the only main character from those games not playable in Smash. She's also made appearances in several Mario games that have sold over 1million copies, so she's been around the block. She's also a female which is a nice bonus I suppose. Sakurai also had some plans for her in Brawl, so he's probably put some good thought into her, and her having a major appearance after many years might just be what he needed to finally put her in the game (or maybe Sakurai just doesn't give a **** about the series, and will just stick with the 2 characters we have now, and will continue to give us jungle levels with the same main theme being remixed 10 times).

Want: 90%
I love DKC and it's characters. Also the more deserving I feel a character is the more I tend to want them included.

Nominations: Geno x5

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chance: 65%

When it comes down to Nintendo all stars that are left that people actually want in the game, Dixie Kong is pretty high up and she is very popular among the DK fanbase. She could bring alot to smash.

I think Dixie would be a great addition to the case and I loved her in the snes games and in the recent Tropical Freeze, so I'd be glad if she got in!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Dixie Kong

Chance: 80%
Been a character since DKC and nyalso nyappeared in their most recent DKC game mew, plus she is wanted... so what are nyu waiting for Nintendo nya? Pigs to fly!? :nifty:

Want: 75%
If only one nyu DK rep can join, I'd wanya see our glorious king K. Rool shove her off a cliff and join smash nya! Both of them making it in would be wonderful too nya! :nifty:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance: 29%

Well, she’s popular and the Tropical Freeze port makes her relevant again.

Want: 5%

I’d rather have Funky Kong or Cranky Kong.

Prediction

New Gen 7 Pokemon: 54.55%

Nominations

Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x3
Decidueye x1
Black Shadow x1

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Dixie Chance: 45%
She's basically a "last minute semi-clone or bust" character, because, let's be real, there's no way Sakurai thinks Dixie is unique enough to be anything more than a Diddy semi-clone. Granted, she does have recency and some popularity on her side.

Want: 50%
Meh.

Gen 7 Pokemanz Prediction: 80%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I added a new thing to Dixie Kong's RTC analysis regarding the argument of her last chance of playability that being for Smash 4 DLC. It is nothing much, but the added paragraph further explains why I feel so confident about Dixie Kong getting in this time.

Last edited:

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%

She's probably the most relevant out of all the DK candidates (except maybe Funky), though I don't know her chances otherwise.

Want: 0%

I'd much rather prefer King K. Rool for DKC's third representative, and I don't think Smash should go above that number. Besides, maybe I just don't know DKC enough, but I don't see what would make Dixie's moveset different compared to Diddy aside from maybe her helicopter ponytail move or whatever it's called.

Nomination:

Doomguy x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance - 42.5% - She might get in as a (semi-)clone but those I feel are inherently unpredictable. Going on her own merits, she is notable and recent, but I can see Sakurai not seeing much with her to include her. I can't say how well she stacks up to K. Rool, but I'm not certain about her.

Want - 45% - Would prefer K. Rool over her.

Prediciton

Generation 7 Pokemon - 84.24% - Quite likely unless a sneak peek of a gen 8 Pokemon occurs.

Nominations

Anna X5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Dixie Kong:

I think Dixie has a pretty decent chance of making it - Dixie's been considered once before during Brawl, given her files as part of the 'Forbidden Seven,' and recently she's appeared in Tropical Freeze on the Wii U and now coming to the Switch as well. Once again, what I could imagine stopping her would be if the Switch Port doesn't add much to her chances in the long run. Still, can be hopeful.

Want: 85%
Although not my most wanted character, she's definitely my preferred choice for a Donkey Kong newcomer. ...Yes, even over K. Rool at this point. Donkey Kong is probably due for some new content, so in the best case scenario we get Dixie and K. Rool, but at this point, Dixie is my preferred character.

Nominations:
Roy X 5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well, I suppose that's arguable, really. Blade is a very specific design which would lead to a very specific moveset (based around the sword,) whereas Dark Matter in general might incorporate Blade, but would mostly revolve around the overall appearances and moves of Dark Matter throughout the series. Blade is often set apart from Dark Matter by the fans for this same reason, which is why I did it. Technically, you could argue that Zero is also the same as Dark Matter, despite having a much different appearance and even name. Additionally, note that we have different slots for Pyra with and without Rex, as well as one for Ganon and Decloned Ganondorf (they're technically the same character as well.)

I suppose we would have to ask those that voted for Dark Matter (not Blade) for their take. If any of you guys read this, what was your intent behind the character?
Yeah, that's a very fair point. Zerp Zerp , what did you have in mind when nominating Dark Matter? It'd probably be more beneficial to combine our votes together to get Dark Matter up there in the rankings, and I'd be ok with switching over my Blade votes to just regular Dark Matter ones if it involved discussion on Blade along with other potential forms.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance: 60%

She has come back recently and has a long history appearing in popular titles. She was already considered to some extent for Brawl, and I don't know what kept her out of Smash 3DS & WiiU, but now that she has returned in Tropical Freeze, maybe she will be worthy for a spot?

Want: 100%

YES. DKC2 is my favorite 2D platformer of all time because of Diddy and Dixie. Rare nailed the physics and level design of a good 2D platformer, and the abilities they had their own and as a team complemented them perfectly. I need her to be in as much as King K. Rool, because the DK character roster just looks so incomplete without them.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Dixie Kong

Gen 7 Pokémon Prediction: 87.89%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x4
Endou Mamoru x1

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Dixie Kong
Chance - 50%

I feel like this is yet another case of a character where the ballot matters, but in a slightly different way from ones like King K. Rool and Isaac. Since she already has strong relevance and relative ease of inclusion on her side (would presumably re-use a lot of work they would do for Diddy, even if the movesets drastically differ), she already has some strong reasons to be included on her side. The question than becomes just how popular she turned out to be. If she's a top contender, she's basically in. If she wasn't a top contender or heavily outperformed by King K. Rool, she can be relatively easily ignored. If both King K. Rool and her did well, there's no telling whether we get one or both. I'm going to leave it at a coin-flip at the end of the day: personally I'm not expecting her, but she definitely has what it takes to make it onto the roster at this point.
Want - 60%
I used to be way more interested in her, but now? I don't have that much attachment to the character, and I don't particularly like Diddy in Smash, so I'm not sure why I would like her so much better. Not quite indifferent, but not far off.

Nominations - Lucina x5

Gen VII Pokemon Predictions - 74.5% Chance, 80% Want

Should do well, because of course it should do well. The bigger question is if Gen VIII is happening this year, and if so, did Sakurai know about it in time?

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Dixie Kong

DK is sorely underepresented and if anything she's become more and more relevant as the series progresses. However, why not put her in Smash 4 for these reasons? There has to be a reason why she isn't already in.

Want: 75%
She's a big name, I want more female characters in Smash and she'd probably be fun to use. Only negative is she'd be less interesting than other names due to similarity to Diddy

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dixie Kong

I feel she does have a good chance, being relevant and all, but she does have some competition, namely in the form of King K. Rool and other characters. Speaking of K. Rool, I can see the croc king overshadowing Dixie in terms of popularity.

Eh, I am not crazy about her, though I wouldn't mind playing as Dixie if she were included.

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, I suppose that's arguable, really. Blade is a very specific design which would lead to a very specific moveset (based around the sword,) whereas Dark Matter in general might incorporate Blade, but would mostly revolve around the overall appearances and moves of Dark Matter throughout the series. Blade is often set apart from Dark Matter by the fans for this same reason, which is why I did it. Technically, you could argue that Zero is also the same as Dark Matter, despite having a much different appearance and even name. Additionally, note that we have different slots for Pyra with and without Rex, as well as one for Ganon and Decloned Ganondorf (they're technically the same character as well.)

I suppose we would have to ask those that voted for Dark Matter (not Blade) for their take. If any of you guys read this, what was your intent behind the character?
Yeah, that's a very fair point. Zerp Zerp , what did you have in mind when nominating Dark Matter? It'd probably be more beneficial to combine our votes together to get Dark Matter up there in the rankings, and I'd be ok with switching over my Blade votes to just regular Dark Matter ones if it involved discussion on Blade along with other potential forms.
I mean't the character referred to as Dark Matter (The same one as Dark Matter Blade, both forms were just called Dark Matter before Planet Robobot) and not the Dark Matter species as a whole, so true form Dark Matter and Dark Matter Blade would count but other members of the Dark Matter invaders like Gooey, Dark Nebula and Zero wouldn't. I think Dark Matter Blade would work as the name for the concept too since that's likely the form it'd use as it's base but I honestly don't care what name we go with, which one do you think would be better?

Top Bottom