• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%

Dixie Kong has an amazing chance to get into Smash Brothers. She appeared recently in Tropical Freeze, she comes from an underrepresented series, and she was planned to be in Super Smash Brothers Brawl! Clearly she'll be in the game!

...Is what we were all saying a few years ago with Smash 4.

Now? Nothing has changed apart from the ballot, where Dixie faces extremely heavy competition from King K. Rool. She's still got pretty good odds, I'm rating her much higher than I did K. Rool, but I'm starting to question if DK will be getting a newcomer at all.

Want: 45%

I would be a little bummed to see her get in over King K. Rool, but I suspect I'd get over that fairly quickly.

Prediction for Gen 7 Pokemon: 84%

Nominating Bomberman x5

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 35%

Her demand is much lower than K. Rool but the TF remake puts her on the radar and she would be considerably easier to make. She's not really in a better place now than she was during Smash 4 DLC. For comparison, I'd give K. Rool about 45%.

Want: 70%

She's my fourth most wanted and I'd be disappointed if we didn't get K. Rool too but she is overdue for making her debut.

Chance - 10%: Dixie Kong is a very minor character to her franchise in comparison to he who shall not be named. Tropical Freeze and DKC3 are her only games that aren't spin offs/cameos/remakes. She's a better advertisement, but she wasn't added in SSB4 when it would've been the perfect time to advertise her. She doesn't have the ballot presence and doesn't fill up as big a hole as you know who. Unfortunately I don't think multiple characters from her franchise can happen.
She was the co-lead of DKC2. Being playable in three mainline platformers is pretty notable. Regardless of how she stacks up compared to the big croc, her role is definitely not "very minor."

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chance: 70% - Between her and K. Rool, one is almost definitely making the cut, and I actually see both making it being a rather likely outcome. Considering that in Smash Wii U, Mario added three characters, and Fire Emblem added a whopping four, DK getting two newcomers this go around sounds about right for a severely under-repped franchise. Tropical Freeze came out at the wrong time for it to influence Smash Wii U unfortunately, but here in Smash Switch, Sakurai has definitely had enough time to know about it. Dixie's moveset potential, while not as impressive as the Kremling King's, is nothing to sneeze at, and being part of the forbidden seven can't hurt either. I think she may well be one of the more safe picks for this game's roster, unless Sakurai just decides to ignore the DK franchise again this year.

Want: 75% - I'd much prefer K. Rool to her, but she absolutely deserves her time in the Smash spotlight just like he does. She's one of the few all-star holes left in Smash's roster, and while some of those may never be filled due to Sakurai's stubbornness, I think she's more than capable of seizing her deserved spot. Honestly, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, now that the 3DS limitations are gone, I'd like to see Sakurai revive his Diddy/Dixie tag team idea by instead making it a Dixie/Kiddy tag team. I know Kiddy is hated, even by those in the DK fandom, but I like the little tyke, and it'd be a great way to reuse Sakurai's long-lost idea. Ideally we'll get a DK series trailer that shows off both her and K. Rool as they enter the fray together, finally giving the DK franchise it's well deserved respect.

Gen 7 Pokemon Prediction: 76.22%

Nominations: Dark Matter Blade x 5

PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal , just a heads up, Dark Matter (Kirby) and Dark Matter Blade are listed separately but they're the same character. Just letting you know so that can be fixed.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Dixie Kong

I kinda think she's more likely than K. Rool but thats relying on another DK rep in the first place, and she's splitting the chance of that as well. With that line of logic this actually feels kinda high, but I'm sticking with my gut.

Want: 25%

Pls no I've got Diddy ptsd

Pokemon 7th Gen Prediction: 91.23%

Nominations:
Andy x 5

D

Deleted member

I'm going to copy-paste this from GameFAQs because as far as likelihood are concerned, I think Dixie Kong, alongside Spring Man, are the most overrated characters in likelihood:
https://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

0%

Honest question, how is Dixie Kong rated so high? Just because she appeared in Tropical Freeze or was planned for Brawl doesn't mean she become among the most likely newcomers for the next game. To many people, she is 3rd DK Rep for the sake of satisfying a fictional criteria to make the roster "more satisfying". This ignores the fact that every problem that King K. Rool faces, she does too.

The main argument used for Dixie (and Cranky Kong) is that she has appeared in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze while King K. Rool did not. K. Rool not showing up since 2008 is an unfortunate drawback but it's not going to help Dixie either. Remember that Tropical Freeze bombed on the Wii U and didn't even cross a million so if people are arguing this makes Dixie Kong more well known among casual than K. Rool, that falls flat. A Switch port is not going to help Dixie since it adds minimal contents to the game and because there has never been a case where a port has ever gotten a character in. But even if Tropical Freeze Switch becomes a massive success (like 5+ million), that helps Funky possibly get in a prospective DLC situation, not Dixie. As far as recency is concerned, she is under no better position than King K. Rool because she has done nothing more to merit additional consideration.

Secondly, the argument that she was planned for Brawl and thus, Sakurai may come back to her is outdated. She started as a duo to Diddy Kong in Brawl but then got cut from the duo and wasn't important enough to be planned on her own. Then she failed to get into Smash 4. Even if one will bring up the argument that Tropical Freeze was released too late for consideration for the base roster, that doesn't explain her no-show as DLC or for that matter, why Tropical Freeze gets nothing outside of a couple of songs. If that was so important to hinge on, she would have gotten in by now. People forget that Sakurai just may not see Dixie Kong as an unique enough character (and uniqueness is a big deal) to implement and that is a concern past considerations and recency cannot address. By this logic, we should assume that Ridley's appearance in Metroid: Samus Returns will magically make him playable after multiple rejections.

Lastly, regardless of what many of us may may should happen, "x franchise is due for another rep" will never help a character's chances. No matter how much we cite recent appearances and sales figures of a franchise, Sakurai is not going to include another character because he wants to fulfill a fictional slot criteria in order to make things fair. Compare what DK got to Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem and it's clear he considers fairness in a different manner than most of us.

That's not to say that she doesn't have positive qualities and merits for inclusion. The problem is, it's not going to be enough when DK is already in a disadvantageous position to receive a newcomer. Remember that Diddy Kong only get in because of the fans. That's what is going to take to get anyone else in and aside from King K. Rool, no other DK character can do that.

...technically Pauline could be the third DK character but I consider her more of a Mario character at this point but I'm not interested in going down that rabbit hole.
In the GameFAQs Rate Their Chance, I gave her a 0%. I see no circumstances where she gets on over King K. Rool. However, I still think there's a chance for a fourth DK character. A really, really tiny chance, but still a chance. For this to happen, she'll have to get in after K. Rool as a semi-clone or pseudoclone like Lucas or Wolf.

The rating I give will be high in comparison to what I think her actual chances are but a D rating really only means "it could happen but probably won't". Honestly, I'd probably give K. Rool a C rating because I really do think Sakurai acknowledged his popularity and I think he directly performed before Bayonetta, making him a more serious contender for the base roster.

So for Dixie Kong:

25% (D)

As for want: 50% (C). I'm not interested in what she has to offer but she is my third favorite DK character and I'll welcome her just for that. Hopefully she'll be more fun to play than I imagine.
---
One question though, is it true that Nintendo Selects determines which game is over a million? I believe DK:TF was on it but I see no sales data indicating it crossed it.

x5 Bomberman

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Alright, whew. Sorry it's so late, everyone! I tell ya, the one thing you DON'T wanna do with a list of several hundred votes is lose your place...and that's precisely what I did. Took forever to find my way back. But anyway...

Nominations update, day 15

Nominations List

Celica x 138
Dillon x 138
Andy x 134
Concept : Zelda Newcomer x 127
Professor Layton x 122
Midna x117
Shulk x 115
Bomberman x 112
Eggman x 109
Decidueye x 107
Chibi Robo x 104
Waluigi x 100
Lucina x 100
Shovel Knight x 93
Concept: No Cuts x 91
Skull Kid x90
Marx x 93
Anna (Fire Emblem) x 88
Sora x 87
Phoenix Wright x 86
Banjo Kazooie x 85
Lucas x 85
Doomguy x 81
Micaiah x 75
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x68
Jibanyan x67
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x63
Travis Touchdown x 58
Mewtwo x 57
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x55
Excitebiker x51
New story mode x50
Geno x 50
Elma x49
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x48
Kamek x47
Agumon x45
Sans (Undertale) x42
Urban Champion x41
Labo Related Character x 39
Roy x38
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x35
Funky Kong x35
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x35
Simon Belmont x34
Hades x32
Qbby (from Boxboy) x31
Ryu Hayabusa x30
Tsubasa Oribe x30
2B x 28
Susie (Kirby) x25
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 24
Ashley (WarioWare) x24
Lycanroc x23
Concept Indie Character x 22
Concept: Code Name STEAM rep x22
Neku x 22
Azura x 22
Scizor x 21
Palutena x 21
Lloyd Irving x20
Klonoa x20
Arle Nadja x20
Arcade Rabbit x 20
Sophitia x20
Masked Link x19
Mipha x19
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x18
Takumi (FE Fates) x18
Style Savvy Rep x 17
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x17
Concept: Advance Wars CO x16
Returning game mode: Smash Run x15
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x15
Dark Matter Blade x15
Black Shadow x15
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x15
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x15
Blue Bowser x15
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x15
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
9-Volt (WarioWare) x12
Doshin the Giant x12
Bayonetta x12
Greninja x11
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x10
Concept: New Mother Character x 10
Dark Matter (Kirby) X 10
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x10
Concept - Skyrim representation x10
Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Robin x 9
Pac-Man x8
Dark Samus x 8
Fawful x8
Impa x 8
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x8
Parabo and Satebo x8
Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Mimikyu x 7
Concept: Custom Moves Return x7
Balloon Fighter x6
Medusa x 6
Viridi x6
Cloud x6
Sylux x6
Master Chief x 5
Steve (Minecraft) x5
Prince Fluff x5
Ninten x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Slippy Toad x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ray (Custom Robo) x 5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Gooey (Kirby Series) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Poipole (Pokemon) x7
Toon Link x5
Petey Piranha x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Ghirahim x4
Lip (Panel de Pon) x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Cranky Kong x3
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x3
Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Solaire (Dark Souls) x3
Tom Nook x3
Dragonborn x3
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x3
Nia and Dromarch x3
King Boo x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Zangoose x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toon Zelda x2
Tails x 2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
Dark Pit x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes) x1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Concept: Snipperclips representation x1
Tetra x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Leo (FE Fates) x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) x1
Endou Mamoru x1
Isabelle x1
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x1

Notes:

GASP! Celica, queen of the noms list, has been forced to share the throne with...an armadillo?! That's right, despite a sizable boost from her good knight Opossum Opossum and the rest of her subjects, the Last Ranger and his band of desperadoes have challenged the queen's reign. Meanwhile, Andy bides his time in third place, eyeing the throne himself, his army of tanks rallying behind him. It should be quite an interesting battle...

What's this? Waluigi breaks 100?! "Wahaha! I'm-a gonna win!" Says the lightning-stached fiend. But little does he suspect that another is hot on his heels...Chibi-Robo also breaks 100! Can this brave, tiny Robo best the purple demon?

I feel you forgot I nominated Klonoa again when Squirtle/Ivy was still going around... ^^;
Actually, I checked it out, and his noms are correct. From my post here, we see that he had 10 noms:

Concept: New Mother Character x 10
Dark Matter (Kirby) X 10
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x10
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x10
Concept - Skyrim representation x10
Klonoa x10
Mipha x10
Then the only person who nominated him was you, right here:

Nominate: Klonoa X5
Then he goes up to 15:

Returning game mode: Smash Run x15
Azura x 15
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x15
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x15
Klonoa x15
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x15
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x15
Beyond that, I've been keeping up with his noms, as you see in this update. Hope that clears things up!

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), , Mipha, Neku (TWEWY) x2
It looks like you're missing a nom. Let me know what you want to use it for, and I'll add it next round!

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5
(and yeah I meant five, I copy-pasted from the nomination list and forgot to change to x5)
Lol, I had add feeling that's what had happened!

Nominations:
Dillon x8
Andy x2

These poor guys are slipping just because their fans are moving elsewhere since they were already at the top. When are more characters going to be added to the schedule so I don’t have to waste nominations making sure they get in next time?
You'd have to ask Phantom, but at the very least your noms weren't wasted! Dillon is back on top. Well, tied, but that's no biggie, right?

(I am also very curious what this 'Something special' rating will be)
Ah, but aren't we all?

Well, maybe some more than others...;)

Nominations: Decidueye X5
Shovel Knight X2
Wolf X2
Erm, a couple things...that's way too many noms, and Wolf has already been rated. I wasn't sure how you wanted to divvy this up, so I skipped these noms. Please let me know how you'd like them in a new post.

New additions this round:

Parabo and Satebo x8
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x3
Nia and Dromarch x3
Isabelle x1
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1

Some very interesting newbies today! Our first music entry enters the noms with Final Destination Ver. 2. Also, I simply must praise the addition of Hyness, from Star Allies--if you've ever fought the guy, you'll know why...lol.

And that's it! So sorry for the lateness, all. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Please understand!

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom do tags work in edits? Guess we'll find out, lol. In any case, your noms are here.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Chance: 85%

If it doesn't happen this time, I don't know what to think.

Want: 90%

I want the Kremling King more, but Dixie is still my favorite Kong and I'd love to see her.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong chances: 35%
Her place in modern DK seems likely to have been cemented with Tropical Freeze, which is good for her chances. I think she will be considered, but I could see her getting lower priority than other characters from other series.

Dixie Kong want: 66%
I personally would rather have K. Rool but I can't deny she's still make for a great addition.

Generation VII Pokémon newcomer prediction: 68.09%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Tiny's Older Sister

Chance: 35%
Want: 15%

Last round, she looked like the clear winner out of Dixie vs. K.Rool. Now...not so much. A lot of international polls had them together before, and it seems like K.Rool's pulled ahead. There is a lot to be said about his (probably massive surprise to Nintendo) popularity, and I think she'll suffer for it.

She was a major character in the latest DK games, and she was planned in Brawl. Still, absolutely nothing came out of either of those.

My first major DK game (and only...I know, terrible Kutthroat. If only the Space Pirates knew I've really only ever played the first level of Metroid II) was DK64, so I really have no attachment to Dixie in the first place. Tiny was cool, but WTF did they do to her design? I liked her little. And Lanky was hysterical, and Chunky...ahh, great loads of fun.

Prediction for New Pokémon: 71.5%
Nominate: Skyrim representation x5

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal , just a heads up, Dark Matter (Kirby) and Dark Matter Blade are listed separately but they're the same character. Just letting you know so that can be fixed.
Well, I suppose that's arguable, really. Blade is a very specific design which would lead to a very specific moveset (based around the sword,) whereas Dark Matter in general might incorporate Blade, but would mostly revolve around the overall appearances and moves of Dark Matter throughout the series. Blade is often set apart from Dark Matter by the fans for this same reason, which is why I did it. Technically, you could argue that Zero is also the same as Dark Matter, despite having a much different appearance and even name. Additionally, note that we have different slots for Pyra with and without Rex, as well as one for Ganon and Decloned Ganondorf (they're technically the same character as well.)

I suppose we would have to ask those that voted for Dark Matter (not Blade) for their take. If any of you guys read this, what was your intent behind the character?

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong

So she's finally here, performin' for you.
if you know the words, you can join in too!
put you hands together, if you wanna' clap.
as we take you through, this Dixie Rap!
HUH! DK.... DIXIE KONG!
ok ok I'll stop. :p

Chance: 70% - She seems to be a consistently popular request in the smash cominuty, and her recent return to the spotlight in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze has probably helped push her chances even higher. Dixie is definitely deserving of her spot due to her importance to her franchise. heck she was playable in more games in the origianl DKC Trilogy than DK himself! She and K.Rool both deserve to be in. and I'm confident we will get at least one of them. I'd say Dixie has a very good chance of being in. but is far from a guarantee.

Want: 70% - I'd be quite happy to see her in. especially if K.Rool gets in too. she just feels like one of the missing pieces right now from DK representation in smash. she isn't among my most wanted newcomers. but I'd definitely love to see her get in and I'd definitely use her

Prediction for "gen 7 pokemon" - 87.5%

Nominations

Qbby x3
Banjo & Kazooie x2

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dixie Kong:

Chance:
35% - I think if they want to make a fully fledged DK newcomer then K. Rool will be the priority due to blowing Dixie out of the water in terms of popularity, in fact I don't think Dixie has ever been very popular, it's more that people have just been expecting her. Dixie does have two lifelines though, one being relevancy of course, but the more important one is that she'd make for a good and obvious semi clone, if they go down that path then I think Dixie is easily the most obvious one bar Wolf. If they don't then I have a hard time seeing her happen.

Want: 40% - If she gets in as a semi clone I'd be happy, but if she gets in as a regular newcomer I'd be a little disappointed as I'd rather have K. Rool, but at least she's still a Nintendo stable with a history of her own.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong

Chance: 65%
She's a popular and relelvant character, and one of the main characters in the Donkey Kong Country series. The only issues is that A. Sakurai considered her in the past but she ended up getting scrapped due to low priority, and B. Sakurai might not deem her unique enough.

Want: 80%
Would much rather have K. Rool, but Dixie would be a nice addition that I wouldn't complain about, seeing as she's pretty long overdue. She's really grown on me ever since I've played DKC2.

Gen 7 prediction: 75.97%
B-but Sakurai never adds Pokemon from odd generations that aren't Gen 1!

Decidueye x5

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Guitar, Bubblechewing, Hairswhirling Monkey Business;

Dixie Kong;

Chance: 60%

While there is almost no certain guarantee about anyone, really. Dixie is in a neat position, if this game uses assets from the last game. If that's the case, the developement time might be shortened, and work on newcomers might be more of a priority. With that being said, she would easily be a more fitting character than most, as she would most likely be a semi-clone, which seem to be easier to developement with time. I give her 60, because there is no guarantees at all. Also, if there is only 1 character from the DK series this time around, she has a 50/50 with the big Kroc. (Do not underestimate any of these two!)

Want: 80%

I love playing as Diddy Kong in Smash, and I think that an alternative version, (or a fully newcomer) of Dixie will be perfect. I'm a big supporter of Dixie and K. Rool because I'm a Donkey Kong fan, but that is the only two of the franchise that I truly support, and by now (Switch version), I really just want one of these two to make it.

Also, I've never done this before, but this one is fun;

Gen 7 Pokémon: 62.4%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The guitarist monkey

Chance: 75%
- Was planned as a tag-team partner with Diddy in Brawl
- Has made a breakthrough appearance in Tropical Freeze, which'll get re-released on the Switch
- Can be easily made by modifying :4diddy:'s model.

Want: 85%
My favorite Kong member with Cranky, and also a better throwback to DKC2 for me than Diddy.

Gen 7 Pokémon prediction:
68%

Nomination:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Dixie Kong!

Chance: 80%

Pretty sure she‘ll make it. Nothing really suggest anything else.

Want: 95%

I love her, but K. Rool ist Bae

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
May as well do this now...

Day fifteen--the original girl with the hair whirl.

Dixie Kong

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say she's got a decent shot. She's been in a game recently, unlike K. Rool, the only other seriously viable DK rep, and she was once actually considered for Smash, albeit as a part of Diddy. I'm thinking she would in no way be a completely unique character--I say that mostly because she's way too close to Diddy in both shape and appearance, as well as moveset capability. I mean, how do you make TWO movesets for what is essentially the same monkey? The only real difference is her hair, and that's not really enough to build an entire moveset from. Honestly, they were reaching with quite a few of Diddy's moves already--very little of what he does is reflective of his games, much like DK, and is more reflective of how a monkey would fight in Smash. So how they could possibly make Dixie stand as a separate moveset eludes me. I can only see semi-clone.

Not that that's a bad thing. She would be quite a good semi-clone--the Falco to Diddy's Fox, if you will. She would be a simple, easy way to pad out the roster AND DK's representation. Just replace a few of Diddy's moves with hair whips, swap the final smash, and boom, instant hidden character. Her main competition, K. Rool, would be more original, sure, but that would require significant effort for a character who is much more obscure. Let's face it: Dixie's just easier to make happen.

Not my favorite Kong, but I like her, and she just seems like she would...fit.

Prediction: Abstain

I don't even know which batch of critters gen 7 is, lol. I can't keep track of it anymore.

Nominations

Marx x3
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel the best case scenario of Dixie getting in Smash is if she is a last-minute semi-clone for development. Considering the Switch re-release of Tropical Freeze, it gives her a chance for reconsideration, if enough ‘bonus dessert’ time comes for Smash Switch development. I feel she has not appeared playable because she has always been stuck in the lowest priority in the last-minute clone list for the past two Smash games. With Brawl, the Diddy + Dixie duo idea was scrapped based on the files found. And with Smash 4, the last-minute clones for Smash 4 were of very similar move-sets like Dark Pit and Lucina.

Ultimately, Dixie’s inclusion depends on whether or not Sakurai is willing to create last-minute semi-clones like in Brawl, or if will be like the base game of Smash 4. I think the former scenario will happen. Sakurai already saw merits in including Dixie long time ago based on Brawl scrapped file evidence. It is just the timing and circumstances had ultimately kept her from being playable for so long. Personally, I think the development of two Smash titles back in Smash 4 affected a lot of things about what content could have been in the game like transformation, clones, and the 3DS limiting duo characters like Ice Climbers in the game. With only one version needing to be developed, I feel that would give major lee-way to develop semi-clones for the game, which could finally open Dixie into being a playable character.

For people thinking Smash 4 DLC was her last chance of being in Smash, I will tell you that it is not. I like to think that clones were never considered during that pahse, instead it focused on bringing back very popular veterans (Mewtwo), getting some icons (Cloud), promoting new games (Corrin), and answering fan prayers with the ballot (Bayonetta). Considering how long the development for DLC was, I would imagine that the time spent would not work well for last-minute clones, especially when the team for Smash 4 DLC was far smaller than Smash 4's base game.

I originally doubted Dixie’s inclusion for Smash Switch thinking it on the surface, but analyzing this character, she is actually more likely than I originally expected. I would like to state that her only chance is the base game, but her chances being in the base roster is higher than in Smash 4. Maybe I can be more confident on speculating last-minute clones in my prediction rosters now.

Nominations:
x5 Sans

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Dixie Kong

Chance: 70%

I think if we don't get dixie kong and k.rool this time, we won't get them in future installments either. I still believe that Dixie's time has finally come to be included in smash switch, because of tropical freeze content being considered this time. Dixie might not be the most popular or wanted character, but the dkc series was extremely popular in japan back then and even though tropical freeze didn't sell that well, it wasn't bad either as the wii u was a disaster saleswise and even games like super mario 3d world sold poorly (the worst selling 3d mario to date). I can't think of many other characters from other series that are relevant enough to make the cut in smash switch and dk is underrepresented, so chances must be pretty high for her and k.rool. Sakurai knows we want more dk reps.

Want: 100%

I've been waiting for new dk characters in smash since brawl. I honestly thought that diddy k.rool and dixie would make it into that game. But then I realized that Nintendo destroyed dk's reputation with all the spin off's that came out at that time and hurt dk's popularity which is a shame! So please Sakurai gimme more dk content in smash switch!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dixie Kong

Chance - 50%
Coin flip here because I don't think Sakurai finds her interesting as a solo character. She was once planned, yes, but as a tag team duo with Diddy. By herself, we haven't seen anything pointing towards her inclusion.

There's also K. Rool who got acknowledged in Smash 4 (Mii costume) to consider. Dixie is probably more recognizable overall due to her appearances in the new DKC games, but on the smash ballot it could be hinted that Rool was higher in numbers.

She's one of the few remaining classic all-star characters left to add and no doubt got noticed from the ballot regardless and recent appearances, so her chances are still decent. It's just whether or not Sakurai takes the plunge on her. She'd certainly be easy to create considering she could share Diddy's model/skeleton rather easily.

Want - 65%
New Donkey Kong content? Count me in. I'd prefer K. Rool, but she would be an acceptable addition to the roster. I still think her move set would be a little dull, but I want her in for her character rather than her fighting potential. This is still a Nintendo all-star fighting game at heart, after all.

7th Gen Pokemon: 87.6% (would be higher but some numbers shock me)

Noms: Black Shadow x5

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong
While K. Rool has the ballot going for him, Dixie still has relevance, popularity, and a huge amount of moveset potential going for her (all this "Semi-clone" nonsense really should stop). She ticks every single box for character selection. Frankly, it's astonishing that she isn't in Smash already. The only pitfall at the moment is competition within her own franchise against K. Rool, Funky and Cranky (aside from Sakurai's seeming lack of interest in DK). Especially K. Rool, due to his overwhelming popularity.

She's also arguably the last remaining notable female character not yet in Smash Bros.

She's my single most wanted 1st Party character.

Nom: Banjo-Kazooie x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Queen Kong

Chance- 65%
Dixie is kinda like an inverse K Rool; while K Rool has an uphill battle against Dixies "relevancy", Dixie has just as big of an uphill battle against K Rools "popularity". Though I dont see why DK cant get 2 newcomers in one game, as other game series get multiple characters at a time too, see :mario: , :link: , :pikachu: , :kirby: and even :marth: . Now thats not to say "X happened, therefore Y MUST happen"(i learned that the tough way from the Smash 4 dev cycle), but i think its very likely that we will see one (or both) of these characters.

Want- 55%
My heart is set for the kroc, but DK is so criminally underrepresented that Ill take anything at this point. Hell, give me Swanky Kong if you want, Sakurai!

Gen 7 Mon- 74.63%

Doomguy X 5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chance - 50%

I am fairly certain that the Donkey Kong series will be getting a new character this time around, just based on all of the outcry around it during the pre-Smash 4 days and especially the Smash 4 DLC days.
Her and K. Rool are the two big contenders, and while Dixie has franchise relevancy, K. Rool has immense popularity. I could see it going either way, really.

Want - 80%

Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite video games of all time. I'd love to see her, but it won't be the end of the world if she doesn't get in.

Nominations: Doomguy x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One other thing of note, I separated veterans and newcomers in the RTC Chance and want archive post. This is primarily due to the fact that when we start rating current vets it would look messy having them in the same section. With five vets and 11 newcomers rated I feel comfortable doing this.

Another minor housekeeping update, I think you can assume that due to fixed schedule we are sticking with option A from earlier.

As a side note, the only reason I did not do this as a double day with K Rool is that a i was not comfortable doing a double day as day one and felt that he should be day one given popularity. I’m excited to see what happens once we get to the noms list, should be fun.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong

Smash usually takes characters from either eons ago, or from the previous console. Dixie and Cranky therefore seem more likely to me than Smashboards Darling. Calling Dixie Kong a minor character seems like a rather bare faced way to undermine her importance as the third biggest protagonist in the series as well as the leading lady.

Planned before in Brawl, Dixie was at least considered before Diddy decided to go solo. She has decent popularity even if it's not to K. Rool's levels and is one of the few kickass female leads currently not realised within the series.

Tropical Freeze was amazing, DKC2 was amazing, DKC3 was...not as good as the other two IMO, but still a fun romp and with Dixie currently in the franchise being current and appearing on the Switch as well as the Wii U, there's little reason to not put her in at all. Heck, she's getting merchandise in figures and plushes still too, so Dixie is one of the more famous faces not currently within Smash.
Heck after Toad I think she's the most recognisable character not currently playable in Smash, and she's my third most wanted after Captain Toad and Bandana Dee.

Prediction: Pokemon Gen 7: 89%

Nomination:
Zelda Newcomer X 5

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
dixie kong

chances: 50% i can see it going either way, they considered having her in brawl but there was no indication they considered her for smash four

want: 70% itd be cool to include her (but i want cranky the most)

Kronus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-8046-6707
Dixie Kong

Chance: 33%
The ballot definitely helped her chance since she is popular among Smash fans. However, the reason I did not rate her higher is because of stiff competition with other series which in my opinion are more likely to have new reps like LoZ, FE, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Arms and Kirby.

Want: 50%
I wouldn't mind if she got in. I would be happy for her fans. She is notable enough that in my book she deserves to be in Smash over any third party or indie characters.

Prediction for 7th Gen Pokemon: 68%

Nominations:
Bomberman, Decidueye, Elma, Viridi and Sora

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Dixie Kong
Chance: 50%
I'm of the opinion that there will be few newcomers this time and the ones that will get in will be higher priority than Dixie. Of course, the DK series does deserve another rep and she's deserving.

Want: 15%
I'm not really wishing for a DK newcomer, but if there is one I prefer K Rool.

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x2, Neku x2, Mipha
PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal thanks for tagging me about my missing nom last round! I'll give it to Mipha if you would be so kind :)

Forgot my prediction:
Gen 7 Pokemon: 66.8%

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Dixie Kong
Chances:
70%
Want: 20%

Although she is a character dear to many people, I would not want to see her in the game. She would probably be almost a clone of Diddy Kong, and the last thing I want is more clones in the game.
If she were an alternative outfit for Diddy, it would be a lot better.

Nomination:
Agumon x5

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Dixie

Chances: 50%
Want: 0%

She does seem like a safe/likely choice but I don’t really care for the character so I can’t exactly say I want her.

x3 Waluigi
x2 Kamek

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 70%
Want: 50%

Eh, I like Dixie Kong, but I'd rather see King K. Rool. Not only that, but there's other characters from the series I'd like to see before her. Still, Dixie Kong would be pretty neat.

Prediction for 7th gen Pokemon: 79%

Nominations:
Ken Masters Alt Costume for Ryu x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chance: 50%
She has the relevancy for sure. It depends on whether or not Nintendo will want to add her. What seems like a cramped development time leads me to believe that semi-clones may have a decent shot just so Nintendo csn pad out their roster. But I think Nintendo might be avoiding certain semi-clone characters because of the negative stigma surrounding clone characters -- which I don't think is true -- if it were, Lucina and Dark Pit wouldn't have made it, and I also don't think clone characters take spots away from characters with new movesets -- but in the case of Dixie Kong, Nintendo might be thinking that there is a certain amount of ignorant fans who would cry foul when comparing her with Diddy by design alone. I'd say it's a coin flip because Dixie would be so virtually-effortless to develop that it really comes down to the developers' roster philosophy.

I absolutely want Dixie Kong to be playable in smash.

Predictions for Gen 7 Pokemon:
Chance - 29%
Want - 65%

Nominations:
Dillon x5

:171:

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance- 75%
Was considered for Brawl and is relevant thanks to Tropical Freeze...again.
Want- 100%
I got nothing to add here, DK needs a new rep and I personally would rather have Dix then K Rool

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance: 60%

I feel that if Sakurai wanted to include her in Smash, he would've already done it back in Smash 4, which didn't happen. That could possibly hold her back IMO.

Want: 75%

Tropical Freeze was an amazing platformer, so i'd be down.

Predictions: Gen 7 mon 86.9%

Nominations: Hades x5

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong
Chance: 55%
I don't know. Between the fact at least some work had been done for her for Brawl, her relevance thanks to Tropical Freeze, and the fact she's one of the few genuine Nintendo All-Stars to have not made it in, I thought she was a shoe-in for Sm4sh, but apparently not. I know some fans thinks she's too obvious, that she's too similar to Diddy, that her moveset wouldn't be unique enough... but not every newcomer needs to reinvent the wheel. Some can just be safe choices that take (comparatively) less work. It's just a question of whether Sakurai agrees with that sentiment or not - in spite of his health issues I get the sense he's a developer that enjoys a challenge, which Dixie... isn't, at least not as much as other characters. She's in the weird middle ground between "would take more work than a clone/semi-clone, but less than most full-on newcomers". To my mind, her exclusion from Sm4sh has definitely majorly thrown into question whether Sakurai wants her in or not, baring in mind she was only ever considered for Brawl as a tag team with Diddy. While I think fans take the amount of characters representing a series into consideration more than Sakurai does, the fact that thanks to the ballot K. Rool is obviously the more popular DK character among fans also makes me think that he'd probably give him priority if we could only get one, even if Dixie is more relevant. There's a weird mish-mash of setbacks at play. As it stands, thanks to the Tropical Freeze port she's no less relevant now than she was in 2014. I guess we'll wait and see.

My favourite Kong, and one of my most wanted characters since Brawl. I'm really hoping both her and K. Rool can get in. If Mario and Zelda can get both their leading ladies and main villains, then so can DK.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dixie Kong!

Chance - 85%
I have a good feeling about her. Actually being in Tropical Freeze gives her a leg up over K. Rool, IMO.

Want - 95%
Picture it. A moveset focused on hair attacks and grappling, requiring her to get up close. And to help with that? A gum ball gun that fires out explosive gum balls, which burst open on impact, making foes sticky and slower to help her approach. Awesome.

Predicting a 62% for a Gen VII Pokémon because some folks are bound to underrate it.
Nominating Celica x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I don't understand the hate boner people have for clones lmao
They're just not very interesting from a moveset perspective. In terms of speculation, it's a lot more interesting to think about 100% unique movesets and characters over clones and semi-clones.

Although I am kind of surprised at how people think she would be a clone in the first place. Aside from having a similar stature to Diddy Kong, they're both extremely different. She can do some crazy things with her hair.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dixie Kong Chance: 55%

She's certainly got relevance over K. Rool and would probably be easier to make, but whether she's being considered again is something we don't know. We do know that she was planned for Brawl, so could considered a plus. Unfortunately, she ultimately didn't make it, presumably due to time constraints.

She was skipped entirely in Smash 4, as far as we know, so that's something of a blow to her chances. Still, I think she's been considered at all for offering something similar to the likes of Toon Link or Lucas. If time allowed for it, she could certainly make it in this time around. Or she could be more of of a Luigi-type character with a few similar moves and a similar body-type, but largely unique attacks. Whatever the case, we still don't know if she's being considered once more after being passed up in 4.

In any case, another DK character is long overdue. I'm not sure Dixie is the most likely of the bunch, but I find it hard to believe that we won't get someone from the series this time.

Not my most wanted DK newcomer, but I don't feel like she'd really compete with K. Rool for a "slot". I don't see why the latter would be low priority, for sure, though time constraints could potentially lead to Dixie's cut once more....maybe DLC would be of assistance there?

I would still be really happy with her, the DK series feels sorely lacking without her and K. Rool, in my opinion.

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Dixie Kong

could go either way but I think it's leaning more towars the no side.

want: 50%

I feel indefferent towards her

Top Bottom