• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
A fire-breathing purple dragon, huh?

Spyro

Chance: 0.5%

Unfortunately, I don't see him happening. Even with the likely remake coming out, he's still a western third party that's nearly non-existent in Japan.

Wait... Wrong character...

RIDLEY

Chance: 1%

Well, it's not like his chances are much better than Spyro's. Sakurai has made his stance clear, and there's very little chance of him changing his mind. That being said...

Want: 80%

...he'd be cool.

Prediction: Solid Snake - 30.2%

Some will rate low because of Konami, others will rate high due to veteran status.

Monado Nominate! Shulk x5

That Spyro image is my wallpaper on my laptop and has been for eight months.

Also I will repeat this please check the OP for the schedule so your noms do not go to waste on a planned character.

D

Deleted member

Also I will repeat this please check the OP for the schedule so your noms do not go to waste on a planned character.
This isn't directed toward me, is it? 'Cause I didn't see Shulk on the planned list.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley

We already know Sakurai's stance on the character as of the latest Smash game, and while I completely disagree with it, it's his word and views that decide the majority of the game's roster and whether certain characters can get in or not. While the man has changed his mind on some characters before, there's currently no reason to believe that he will change his mind on this one. He seems quite certain that he can't add Ridley as a fighter in a way that will personally satisfy him or stay true to the character.

Want: 85%

Awesome purple space dragon and one of the main villains of one of Nintendo's greatest franchises. Need I say more?

I might not support Ridley as much as I used to, but I'd still be really happy to see the character get in, by some miracle.

Solid Snake Prediction: 12%

Nominations: Shovel Knight x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ridley:

Chance: 5%
With Sakurai confirmed to be working on Smash Switch, I doubt that Sakurai would be able to change his stance on such a controversial character - He's said before that Ridley was difficult to fit in Smash as a playable character, and unless some sort of miracle happen or he's changed his mind since then after Metroid Samus Returns, then I don't see him making a major appearance so soon. But I could end up being wrong.

Want: 100%
*Insert 'Bison_Yes.gif' here*
I would love to see Ridley playable one day. Samus' longtime rival and one of the breakout villains of the Metroid series. Who wouldn't love to have Ridley vs Samus and the rest of the Smash Bros cast?

Nominations: Takamaru X5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Ridley want: 10%

His aerials could be cool, and he seems to have a lot of fans.

Nominations:
Neku x5

D

Deleted member

Ridley:

Chances: 50%

Ridley's chances are honestly a wildcard right now which 50% felt right for. The key component that will make it or break it for him on getting in is if Sakurai realizes that Ridley can indeed be worked in as a playable character. Sakurai goes through tons of effort and hard work to make Smash Bros. games as great as they can be. I have a lot of respect for him because of that, but his reasonings for leaving Ridley out of Smash 3DS and Wii U were heavily flawed.

Like the thing of he wouldn't be able to fly around freely. Ridley spends a lot of time fighting Samus on the ground in Metroid games so this hardly holds any merit. Mods of Brawl and such have shown that he can be a reasonable size and be balanced in the realm of playability. Sure the mods aren't perfect in the latter but official developers would be able to make the necessary tweaks for that no problem.

Sakurai has already acknowledged that Ridley is a very popular request with an extremely large importance to his home series. The only thing keeping Ridley out of the playable roster at this point is Sakurai's current (and flawed) mindset. Once Sakurai realizes Ridley can work and changes his mind about that situation then bam. Ridley's in.

But whether or not Sakurai will change his mind this soon is impossible to predict. He has done so before on things that kept characters like Villager out of Smash Bros. so he most certainly can change his mind here. But it's unpredictable whether or not he will.

Desire: 100%
Ridley is the only Metroid character apart from Samus that has hit such a status as a main character of the series. Sylux may be a viable candidate someday depending on how Metroid Prime 4 plays out. But even then it would be like the Mario series getting Fawful as a playable character before Bowser. The underdog would be cool, but they just wouldn't compare to the big bad antagonist.

Plus, if he gets in, then the people being jerks about the matter from both sides of the argument can stop attacking people. Anti-Ridleys could stop harassing Ridley fans who want him playable and realize he could be. And Pro-Ridleys could stop angrily and falsely claiming that Sakurai hates Ridley and attacking him for it.

Nominations:

Mii Fighters
New Mii Fighter types (concept)
Sonic
Tails
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)

Last edited by a moderator:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One thing to note as an edit to the schedule. I forgot to put Dixie Kong on the schedule despite intending to do so. As such she will take Pauline’s day and Pauline will be moved to a double day with Captain Toad. Furthermore in order to make things more interesting Chrous Kids have been replaced with Concept:Rhythm Heaven Character.

Here is the updated schedule for March.

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Snake
4. Wolf
5. Ice Climbers
6. Isaac
7. Bandanna Dee
8. Captain Toad and Pauline (Double Day)
9. Takamaru
10. Rayman
11. Krystal
12. Rex and Pyra
13. Squirtle and Ivysaur (Double Day)
14. Shantae
15. Dixie Kong
16. Concept: Gen 7 Pokemon
17. Chrom
18. Concept: Arms Character
19. Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character
20. Daisy
21. Paper Mario
22. Pichu and Young Link (Double Day)

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
This should be interesting

Ridley

Chances:
50%
I would have voted lower, since i don't see him as being very likely due to various reasons that have been thrown around enough over the years. but the fact his fans are SO loyal and vocal in their deisre to see him in. it could sway the vote a little and he may finally have his chance in the sun. so the best i could say on his chances right now are 50/50 it could happen, it could not happen. hard to say.

Desire: 20%
My opinion on the Metroid franchise as a whole is higher than it used to be. and as I've learned more about Ridley I like him more too. but he is still very very low on my desired newcomers list. sorry Rid.

Nominations
Qbby (from Boxboy) x3
Banjo & Kazooie x2

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
:colorful::colorful::kirby::kirby::kirby:I'm so glad this is back for Smash Switch!!! :kirby::kirby::kirby::colorful::colorful:

Without further delay...

Day 2: Ridley

Chance = 43%

Ridley I feel is a gigantic case of "Sakurai might change his mind on a thing". We all know things went south for our favorite purple dragon last time after the Pyrosphere "deconfirmation" at the Smash Direct turned out to be true. However, Sakurai flipped on Villager and the Miis between Brawl and Smash 4 and Ridley might be making a starring role in Metroid Prime 4 (maybe?). Generally I like to put toss-ups at 50/50 but I feel that Ridley is more likely to be boss character similar to Smash 4 once again, due to the issues of time constraints.

Hopefully Sakurai "remembers him" for the next installment~

Want = 6/10

Ridley is a cool antagonist and would make a great addition. Smashboards idolized him during the Smash 4 era and that popularity will continue throughout this game's speculation lifespan. I am mostly excited for a super E D G Y trailer that Sakurai could give him. If the Inklings were introduced via a hellscape Smash logo, I can't wait to see what would happen to Ridley. He isn't my number one choice, but I feel I would be pretty enthusiastic about seeing him.

-------

Nomination: Lyndis x5

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Going into today I think it's worth outlining some of the baseline assumptions I'm making for this game to ensure my ratings are relatively consistent, until such point any of them are disproven of course:

- This is actually a new Smash game, and Sakurai is presumably directing.
- Characters that were off the table in various ways last time (assists, costumes, stages, etc) are back on the table.
- Sm4sh assets will be reused when possible.
- Starting roster will be at least as large as Sm4sh's.
- Importance of a series has no serious bearing on number of characters it gets (see Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus).
- Ballot results matter, but assuming they weren't lying about Bayonetta's results, our perception of those results can also be very, very wrong.

Without further ado, let's move on to our favorite space dragon:

Ridley
Chance: 50%

I know what you're thinking: Ridley was ruled out by Sakurai. Surely he doesn't deserve a coin-flip chance when we know the guy in charge doesn't think he should be playable, right? At the very least, I shouldn't be rating him higher than I did K. Rool yesterday (25%, for reference). What am I thinking?

In short, I believe he's this high because he's the only newcomer we can be certain will be considered for the game. Let's put aside the size argument for a moment and just remember Ridley's presence in Smash up to now: in the cinematic in Melee, in multiple boss battles in Brawl, and in his own stage in Sm4sh. He's one of the few characters that Sakurai has been directly asked about in interviews because he's so dang popular. Clearly, Sakurai is aware of Ridley and aware of the fan demand for Ridley, and has been thrown bones repeatedly despite not being a playable character.

Yes, Sakurai didn't make him playable in Sm4sh due to design concerns. However, just as Villager was revisited for Sm4sh, we know full well that Sakurai will again have to weigh what he's going to do with Ridley this time around. Maybe there's a story mode where he returns as a boss. Maybe he becomes an assist trophy. Maybe this just ends up being a Sm4sh port and he's relegated to Pyrosphere again. It's certainly true that Ridley isn't a shoe-in for playable, and that's why I'm capping out my chances at 50%.

Still, there's that simple truth: Sakurai's going to have to make another decision on Ridley. He's been in the last three Smashes in some form, so we can be confident he'll be back yet again. Further, he's a character he knows players want, a character that he's been directly asked about by the media in the past, and, frankly, a character that is liable to sell copies of Smash for Switch. Maybe he and the rest of the team decides Ridley is still too big, but I do believe that conversation will be had, and I don't think it's a stretch at all to say they'll finally deliver.

Want - 100%
To be honest, it's not that I personally care deeply about Ridley. Rather, it's that I think Smash fans deserve Ridley. He's our white whale, our El Dorado, our Holy Grail. The community has been asking for him for ages, and yet after all these years he remains nothing more than a dream. Some other exclusions like K. Rool, Isaac, and Geno sting in various ways, but Ridley? He should happen, and even if he isn't my top pick, I'll be seriously disappointed if he's left in the cold yet again.

(Wow, I swear I didn't intend to write nearly that much going in, it just kind of happened)

Nominations - Lucina x5
I'm still surprised she made the cut last time, and despite being a clone, I think she's one of the most interesting potential returners outside of the third-parties.

Snake Predictions - 10% Chance, 80% Want
Boy, the years haven't been kind to this possibility, have they?

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Ridley!

Either Sakurai says no and he's not in, or Sakurai thinks of a way to put him in, and then its definite, based off of fan demand

i l o v e r i d l e y

Prediction for Snake: 56%

Takumi x4
Harry (Teleroboxer) x1

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley

er.... I mean...

RIDLEEEEEEEEEEH!!!

Unfortunately, Ridley is his current incarnation will not get in unless Sakurai has a major change of heart. He has awkward proportions that wouldn't quite work.

That said, I do think its possible if one of three things happen.

A) Sakurai has a major stroke of creative genius and magically fixes the problems. I don't see this as likely.
B) We get some sort of playable boss mode. This seems unlikely and doesn't seem fun.
C) Metroid Prime 4 gives us a new design that works perfectly for Smash Bros. This is probably the most likely of the bunch.

I don't see Ridley as a possible character right now which is a shame cause...

There aren't many characters that would make me Ultra Mega Super Hype Turbo Edition... But Ridley is one of them. If he is forever doomed to never appear in Smash as a character, then I hope he stills appears in some form.

Snake Prediction: 24%

Snake isn't completely doomed but people are pessimistic about him.

Nominations:
Robin x 3
Phoenix Wright x 2

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
K rool was yesterday, Ridley is now.
:facepalm:Derp. I should look at the clock.

Anyway, since I'm still awake...

Ridley

He's been one of the top names since speculation started, and still isn't in. He marks every checkbox: he's one of the last recurring main characters in a main series game who isn't in (a series which has a new game in development), he's a villain (which the roster has always been short on), his series is sorely underrepresented, and he himself has massive support. We've had him as a stage background element in SSB, to a trophy in Melee (and one of the only non-playables in the intro sequence) , to an adventure mode boss (x2) in Brawl, then back down to a stage hazard (which is irritating to the point that nobody wants to play on that stage) for SSB4. Everyone knows he's popular, and he just needs to be put in.

But...

Sakurai hasn't made him playable by now for a reason, and he doesn't seem to care for him as a playable character. And very little seems to be able to change on that front. Besides this, Sakurai knows he's popular, and kinda did troll everyone by holding out so long on that one.

I feel like there's no question that he'll be considered, but Sakurai likes to do his own thing despite fan demand. And he doesn't seem to see Ridley as playable.

But oh how I want to be wrong. I'm not even a Metroid fan and I want Ridley so much it's not even funny. I just don't want to get my hopes up. Again. And again...

Prediction for Snake: 5%
Nomination: Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ridley

He is without a doubt one of the most popular Smash requests out there, combined with his lasting legacy as Metroid's most prominent villain. However, Sakurai is confirmed to be developing the game again, and if past Smash titles were any indication, Sakurai doesn't seem very keen on turning him into a fighter because he thinks Ridley is too big. Perhaps Sakurai will change his mind, but I'm doubtful.

Want: 20%

Yet another character I don't really care for (not to mention I'm admittedly in the camp that has a hard time imagining how he'd fight due to his large size), but I do understand his popularity and I will be happy for his fans if he is confirmed.

Predictions:

Snake (Metal Gear): 20.58%

Popular character, but pessimism over Konami's recent treatment of him will lead to lower scores than expected.

Nominations:

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Ridley
Chance: 15%
"Ridley [...] is [...] too [...] big."
-Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Super Smash Bros.
Because I'm one of those people who thinks otherwise.

Snake prediction: 15%
Noms: Crash Bandicoot x5

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

Sakurai is gonna be considering him. Villager et al were previously rejected before Sakurai found a way. Coin Flip.

Want: 100%.

Would be extremely happy to see him in the game. Especially now that Metroid is back on the upswing. I'll take him being downsized if we get a big villain as a newcomer.

Nominate
2B x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Ridley

Chance 1%: I really don't think he will appear. Sakurai seems to not want to put him in.

Want 60%: I would be more for fans of Ridley than for myself. If he does somehow get in I'll be happy for the fans that have been waiting so long for him.

Nominations:
Jibanyan 2x
Midna 2x
Skull Kid 1x

Troykv

Smash Master
I will avoid voting for Ridley this time, it's such a railroad xD.

Predicitons: Snake: 14.5%

Nominations: Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ridley

Chance: 10%

Ridley is one unlucky character. Sure he's important to the Metroid series, but we all know what Sakurai had to say about him. No too big, just that his proportions would be problematic in Smash.

Damn right I want a ****ing dragon in Smash (as if my avatar isn't a dead give away). He IS Samus's nemesis and a great Nintendo villain that is worthy of being in the same battlefield as Samus.

Prediction for Solid Snake:

Chance: 15%

Hello Konami....

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Ridley

Chances: 5%
While Metroid needs more representation other then Samus and...Samus...Ridely as he is now just seems too...big...He just seems like he would be too broken, having weight, strength, range, and those wings would imply some form of multi-jump.

Want: 25%
Again, not a character I'm clamoring for but I wouldn't mind his addition.

Noms
x2 Chibi-Robo
x2 Style Savvy Rep
x1 Mallo from Pushmo

Snake Predictions:
Chances: 11%
Want: 87%

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ridley

Do I have to say why? Sakurai will never change his mind on Ridley as a character. Even with all his consistent roles in the Metroid franchise

Want: 90%

Once a pirate, always a pirate. Plus he would be a fun aerial fighter to play with.

Prediction for Snake

Chance: 12%

****onami

Want: 88%

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Ridley
Chance- 10%: Ridley has really gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to being in Smash, as Sakurai is adamant on his thoughts of his size being a problem. The planets would have to align whilst every pig on Earth simultaneously grows wings and starts flying for Ridley to be included in the roster.
Want- 90%: Smash needs more heavy-weights and villains, and Ridley fits both nicely. That one fantastic mod of brawl that added him as a playable character showed the world how awesome he could be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgahvANTqnY
Snake Prediction-5%
Nomination- Waluigi x5

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Ridley
Chances: 1%
Never say never in Smash(WFT, ROB, Cloud, etc.) but as long as Sakurai is at the helm, things don't look good for everyone's favorite giant purple space pterodactyl.

Want: 50%
Ridley is a character I've been torn on since the very beginning. On one hand he is one of Nintendo's most iconic villains, he's big, menacing, and brings a lot to the table. On the other hand, when is too big just too much. He'd be huge, even compared to other giants like Bowser and Dedede, and his proportions would make him a proper mess to design in any reasonable way. I just cant nail down how it could feasibly work.

Snake Chances: 40 %
Nominations
Decidueye x 5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
We back! I looked for this yesterday but I guess I missed it. Oh well.

Ridley
Chance: 10%
Most likely not, but in the post-Smash Ballot world, perhaps Sakurai will finally give in.

Want: 50%
I love Metroid so more representation would be cool, but I'm pretty neutral on Ridley overall.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ridley

Chance - 5%

I feel like Sakurai will probably be thinking about Ridley, but he also said that he doesn't know how to make him work....but I guess that doesn't mean he doesn't want to make Ridley work. I still think it's unlikely though, but not impossible. I mean it's not like Sakurai hates Ridley or anything like that.

Want - 80%

I'd like to see him in, he looks cool and there's a lot of demand surrounding his inclusion.

Snake chance: 20%

Nominations:
Phoenix Wright x5

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Chance: 60%
Ridley is a heavily requested character, one that Sakurai has outright talked about. Fans want him in, Sakurai wants him but his proportions are funky.
However, if Bandai Namco is developing Prime 4 and Smash then maybe Ridley can get a redesign that works for Smash. Or maybe they can get him to finally work.

Want: 10%
I don't care about Metroid representation. But it'd make a lot of people happy.

Snake Chance: 25%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ridley

Chance - 35% - I can see him trying again, for sure, but I don't think it supper likely. I was tempted to say a near coinflip, but I'm not certain enough time has passed for an opinion change.

Want - 95% - Do I have to explain why I want to play as a space dragon?

Prediciton

Snake - 24.34% - *Taps play for Metal Gear Solid franchise*

Nominations

Anna X5

D

Deleted member

Ridley

Chances: F (0%)

As long as Sakurai is directing Smash, we will never see Ridley as a playable character. We can argue all we want about how hard or easy he is to add in the game but the quote regarding his decision to make Ridley a stage hazard should be seen as the final word on Sakurai's stance. His explanation also doesn't imply he was ever planned to be playable. Were that the case, he would have said something.

Frankly, Ridley is one of the major characters that will probably never be made playable, even under a different developer. Especially if his designs are as problematic as Sakurai puts it. Metroid will likely not get another character as a result as I don't see Sylux becoming an important enough character for consideration. The fact that there are a handful of ratings above single digits is mind boggling since prior to the Direct, Ridley was practically a taboo subject after his disconfirmation.

Edit: actually, wait a minute. There's the possibility that Namco Bandai is working on both Metroid Prime 4 and SSB. If so, could Namco be working on a design that fits a playable Ridley in Smash while also working for MP4? Still not changing the rating since we don't know the developer but if that is true, I may change to a D.

Want: C (50%)

I have no attachment to the character but I sympathize with Ridley fans who have been waiting potentially over fifteen years for his inclusion. He'd certainly be a neat character to play as if someone could pull him off.

x5 Bomberman

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Ridley:

Chance
: 35%
I believe that this development cycle is Ridley's best shot at making it into a Smash Bros. title. Sakurai appears to be aware of Ridley's popularity, which was emphasized by the Smash ballot, and Ridley's recent role in Metroid: Samus Returns is a boon to his relevancy. Moreover, despite Sakurai's issues with Ridley, he has changed his mind in similar situations (i.e. Pac-Man), so I don't think that such a fact would quash Ridley's chances for inclusion.

Nevertheless, I don't have high hopes for our big, purple friend. Ridley's proportions can make his inclusion an intimidating prospect, and, in the end, I'm not sure how much Sakurai is willing to budge from his documented stance on the character to work toward giving Ridley a shot in this game.

Want: 90%
Ridley's absence was the biggest flaw I could find with Smash 4's roster. He's an iconic villain from a respected franchise with a devoted fanbase, and the fact that he hasn't yet made an appearance as a fighter is kind of surprising. I think his fans have been waiting long enough, and I'd like to see them excited for at least one newcomer.

Nominations:
Excitebiker x3
Ganon (not Ganondorf) x2

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Chance: 5-10%.

Kinda helps knowing how popular and wanted he was even before the ballot, though he got a certain lack of votes there due to fan demoralizing after being publicly denounced by Sakurai, but Ridley had already made an impact and left his mark well before that point.

For Smash, a certain mix of existing designs would make him perfectly workable, like his Smashified showed to a point. The latest Samus Returns incarnation would be good as a base (with or without the cybernetics), as his wing span doesn't appear that wide like the Other M clone's.

Bottom line though, jumping through those hoops to make him work would take more effort than any normal character, which Sakurai doesn't seem to find worth the effort which I don't see him changing his mind on like he has with other character concepts, unless he pulls all the stops or something with Smash Switch. Helps at least that it's only one game to work on instead of two versions...

Want: 100%, give or take.
It's March 10th now, but yesterday, the 9th, was Brawl's official 10 year anniversary in NA. That's well over a decade of having wanted him playable for me, some decent mods of which further strengthened the dream. While I was initially ready to just let it go after Brawl, seeing the surprising amount of support he still had despite already being an established Smash boss, kinda brought me back to the scene eventually, and although he had an even harder to take defeat with SSB4, I don't regret returning still for the community experience, the good and the bad of it; plus I still pull for some other characters on the side too.

Whatever happens, godspeed.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Ridley

Ouch. When the person creating the game outright states a character cannot work, there's not much else to be said. Yes, Sakurai has changed his mind before, so it is theoretically possible that we could see a playable Ridley, but all of Sakurai's reasoning against Ridley still applies today. Not much else to be said.

I was introduced to Ridley through Melee's introduction video, and I assumed he'd be an unlockable character based on his appearance there. I was disappointed when I discovered that wasn't the case, and I've wanted to play as him ever since. He is my favorite Nintendo villain, from one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and by god I want to see the internet explode if he is revealed.

Prediction for Snake: 34%

I have absolutely no idea where this will go.

Nominating Bomberman x5

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Chance: 60%
Ridley is a heavily requested character, one that Sakurai has outright talked about. Fans want him in, Sakurai wants him but his proportions are funky.
However, if Bandai Namco is developing Prime 4 and Smash then maybe Ridley can get a redesign that works for Smash. Or maybe they can get him to finally work.

Want: 10%
I don't care about Metroid representation. But it'd make a lot of people happy.

Snake Chance: 25%
Wait...

Push, you actually think Ridley is more likely than not?

Curious.

I know you've stated your reasoning but...

Would you mind going into more detail?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're stepping into murky waters there Swampy
Why?

I'm curious as to why someone who use to say Ridley was impossible is now saying he's likely.

I know Push. How am I possibly getting into murky waters?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why?

I'm curious as to why someone who use to say Ridley was impossible is now saying he's likely.

I know Push. How am I possibly getting into murky waters?
Truth be told I didn't see it was Push.

But normally asking why someone thinks Ridley is likely can often lead to heated debate.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

andimidna

Smash Master
I was worried when the nominations list didn't have everything I requested, but it just hasn't been updated in awhile lol. It's all good
This should be p easy
Ridley:
I think it could be conceivably done well, and he's worth that effort, but the creator doesn't, and didn't budge when fan demand was at its peak. His word kinda beats mine lmao
I want him for that star power, but have no personal connection. He also doesn't seem crazy unique compared to the bar set by Sm4sh newcomers' such gimmicks.
Want: 60%
Snake Prediction: 18%
Nominations:
x4 Midna
x1 Anna

D

Deleted member

Ridley

Sakurai already explained why, and I don't see him changing his mind. You guys are gonna have to hope for some sort of miracle to happen.

Want: 1%
There are two reasons as to why I don't want him.
  1. I find Ridley's moveset potential to be pretty dull.
  2. He just fits as a boss.
Honestly I used to support Ridley, but my I've adopted Sakura's mentality of choosing characters based on their uniqueness, and I can't help but find all other credentials unimportant, especially the "rep" arguement, so Ridley just isn't a choice I care for.
The only reason I'm giving him a 1% instead of 0% is for his few supporters that I happened to be friends with.

Nominating Decidueye x5

Snake prediction: 40% chance, 55% want

Top Bottom