• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Oh boy, I can only see one-or-the-other opinions on this subject from back in the day.

Chance: 65% (90% on the concept itself, 10% on what it means for newcomers). I'm going to assume CoroCoro is wrong/accidentally misread 103 as 108, and simply haven't released a statement for any reason. My rating does not just factor in the end of stages, but that new series are done for the roster because stages are done. That I do not believe.

Want: 1%. Is anybody going to want less stages? Really? Unless they mean like, "the lower the want the more stages you want" which to be fair would make it more like a 70% from me. And while I'm going to make the bold statement that neither of my two most wanteds need stages, my other two do.

Nominations: Unique Puzzle Game Rep x 3, Gooey x 2

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
No more stages
Chance: 1%
If this is true, then that would rule out any character, first and third party, that is from a unrepped franchise. And also any opportunity to get more franchises represented with DLC. It also contradicts Vergeben statement on Minecraft. All of this based on what, it being stated in the direct that 103 would be the total amount? To that I'll say...

Want: 0%
Why would I want this? It would destroy the chances of very many requested characters. Including Rayman and a RH rep, who are some of my most wanted.

The prince x5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
No More Stages

Chance: 40%
At this current point, things could go either way, really. Personally, I'm willing to believe Corocoro on the 108 stages, but hasn't really been enough clarity yet.

I only have two newcomers left that I want that are even kinda realistic, and for both, I'd prefer a stage to go along with them.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
No More Stages:

Chance: 10%

Pros:
The 8.8. direct put an emphasis on the 103 stages being exactly 100, if you don´t cound BF, big BF and FD.

Cons:
Though, I think they never said, those are all the stages we will get and even if, Sakurai is known to troll or make some smaller "lies"/Change his mind.
The CoroCoro Leak, sure it could have been a mistake, but would they really not make a Statement to correct it? Also CoroCoro has leaked stuff in the past as far as I know.
Furthermore, if DLC will be a Thing, new Stages will be too (but even without that Point, I´d give 10%)

While I don´t think that no more stages, would kill the Chances of most Newcomers (they still can add a Newcomer without a Fitting stage, even from a so far unrepresented series, I would say), it seems unlikely, that we won´t get any more stages, and if some new Reps, that they won´t have Fitting stages.

I wouldn´t say, the more the better, as there is a too much, but I don´t think we have reached that Point yet, and 3-10 new stages won´t hit that Limit either. Also Pokefloats hasn´t returned yet ^^.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:
Slime (DQ): 5x
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Not only that, but there's probably gonna be DLC after release, adding more and more stages to the game.
No more stages
If this is true, then that would rule out any character, first and third party, that is from a unrepped franchise. And also any opportunity to get more franchises represented with DLC.
I'm not the one who nommed this, but I'm pretty sure this concept is specifically meant to be for the base game.
Want: 100% - This isn't really a necessity of mine, as I like the current battlefield selection. However, I'd love to see Pac-Maze return along with an updated Poke Floats, and some more new battlefields.
Wouldn't a 100% want mean you don't want there to be any more stages?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I also forgot to mention this: a lot of my most wanted newcomers, (Xurkitree Reaper Banjo Crash etc) should come with new stages. (Ultra Space, Eichenwalde / King's Row, Spiral Mountain, N. Sanity beach, etc.) It severely cripples the chances / ruins the fun when a new character gets introduced.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No More Stages

Double zeroes

For chance: as far as I’m concerned, this is disconfirmed. CoroCoro has a direct link to Nintendo, has been known to reveal and even leak things, and has yet to clarify their alleged mistake (after months). So, we’re getting 108 stages. Plus, what sense would it make to reveal every stage 4 months before the game’s release? This creates such a mess (particularly relating to new franchises) that it’s not even worth considering, and it doesn’t make sense from a marketing standpoint either.

For want: Why would I want less stages?

Nominations: SakiX5

Nominations list coming up soon.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
No More Stages

0% Chance

Honestly this is super unlikely. First of all, Monster Hunter. You telling me they are getting MH Music and locals just for single player? Yeah Right. Furthermore, this assumes that literally no one left will come with a stage. I get that some people are going full Box, but even then if you go Verg he has the minecraft stage. Just not gonna happen.

0% Want

Who wants less stuff? Like honestly. Who is gonna go "I want less stages so that there is the slim chance they will put something I want"? No one should.

Nominaitng Sora Rerate x 5

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
No more stages:

Base game chance: 15% (DLC is 0% for obvious reasons.)

I think it's definitely possible, but unlikely. If we assume that the one who shall not be named is right and it's all we have left, then having no more stages is a distinct possibility assuming the SE newcomer is Geno, and that the Minecraft content is an (assist) trophy. (Although I should state I don't believe that's all we have left.) Thing is, I don't recall Corocoro adressing or correcting their "108 stages" comment. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this.) So I believe they might know it for sure. One can hope, right?

...That being said, I DEFINITELY hope it's not the case. I'd still like to see Melee Mute City (although I admit I think we've seen at least every returning stage). And although it's a very, very long shot, I still hope for a stage based off Kirby Battle Royale in the style of Warioware. I'd play the **** out of that stage if it happens. I WANT TO BELIEVE. Also I need not mention the fact that some of my wanted characters would be practically deconfirmed if it is the case, as well as many others' most wanted.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No More Stages

Chance: 99%
I think Corocoro literally counted the blank spaces like a buncha jokers. All of their info was stuff from the Direct. They're not gonna drop a bombshell there. Sakurai's statement had an air of finality. The one percent is the chance of us getting a bonus stage like with Miiverse. Maybe Metal Cavern. Obviously there'll be stage DLC too. Hoping for Rainbow Road and Pac-Maze.

Plus Ken and Incineroar don't need new stages, so that lowers the odds of us getting more, as great as Iki Town would be.

Gimme Duma Tower.

Merric x5

No more stages
If this is true, then that would rule out any character, first and third party, that is from a unrepped franchise. And also any opportunity to get more franchises represented with DLC. It also contradicts Vergeben statement on Minecraft. All of this based on what, it being stated in the direct that 103 would be the total amount? To that I'll say...

Why would I want this? It would destroy the chances of very many requested characters. Including Rayman and a RH rep, who are some of my most wanted.

The prince x5
It doesn't contradict Vergeben. He said there'd be Minecraft content, but not necessarily a stage.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
No More Stages:

Chance - 20%

CoroCoro maybe wrong but due to their links with Nintendo and my belief that more new characters means more new stages I think their is definitley more to come. Also leaving those blank spots? Ew.

Want - 100%

Just give me a modern Kirby stage please. Well I must also say I do want a Pokemon Sun and Moon stage.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
No More Stages

Chance: 50%

This is heavily dependent on whether we even get a new stage revealed between now and release. Someone like Isaac for example should be revealed alongside a stage from Golden Sun right? There's also the deal with that Rathalos. He's fought what I assume is from a Monster Hunter setting, but I find it odd they wouldn't say it outright if that stage is a stage or part of a boss mode. There's also DLC which would pretty much kill this concept outright. Smash 4 got DLC stages, so it's not unlikely to assume Ultimate would also be getting additional stages via DLC.

The more the merrier. There's still more stages I want to see added: Bowser's Castle, A Xenoblade 2 stage (Uraya, Mor Ardain, Letheria, Torna), Opera House (Fire Emblem Fates). Why deny yourself over the chance for more content?

Black Knight as a boss character x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Plus Ken and Incineroar don't need new stages, so that lowers the odds of us getting more, as great as Iki Town would be.

It doesn't contradict Vergeben. He said there'd be Minecraft content, but not necessarily a stage.
I get you are riding out VergeBox, but let's be honest this is a stretch.

OK, do you honestly think Nintendo would negotiate for Minecraft content, and would not get a stage. Do you honeslty think Nintendo would talk to Microsoft, one of their actual competitors, and offer them chicken scraps like an assist trophy or a singe trophy. No, if Nintendo is negotiating with Microsoft, they are getting a character, and therefor a stage.

Next, the SE character. If we do completely believe Vergeben (which due to his shaky track record, temperament, and wishy washy statements I do not completely) there will be a SE character in the game. Before you go on and say DLC, how would Vergeben know. He clearly knows that something is up due to industry contacts, but he does not know who. If it is Geno, we do not get another stage. Sora? Chrono? A Dragon Quest character? All have a stage likely coming.

I already said that MH is likely getting a stage since the assets are there, the work is there. For them to use it just for Spirits is dumb. Now you may go why wouldnt they just show it off? They have been weird with stages this game, having several in screenshots w/o telling us anything. Mario got New Donk City Hall in his video even. It would be in line rn for them to do something like this.

Finally, Pokemon getting a new stage, even if you are going Vergebox, is a likely idea. Pokemon is huge, and it could easily get a new location for Gen 7.

So let us say that this is the hypothetical lineup of stages going hard Vergebox.

Overwold
Monster Hunter
SE Stage (I am gonna say its Geno or Sora, so I will go with Dive Into the Heart)
Gen 7 Stage

So you are saying that realistically, going full Vergebox, that there is a 1% Chance we get any of this. A 1% that the Minecraft Content is not a stage/character and is something small. A 1% Chance that we do not get any other stages. Being 99% sure that they would reveal all of the stages four months before the game even came out.

I will agknowledge Vergeben, but box theory is always going to be a dumb theory. Even being conservative, we are getting 2-3 more newcomers that are non echos. Incineroar, Steve, and a SE character fit that. You can go on and ride Vergeben all you want, but Box Theory is a placeholder image literally created by an intern.

Also lowkey saying that there being open spaces on a placeholder image = Vergebox while saying that the open spaces on the stage screen = nothing is kinda suspect.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No More Stages
Chance: 0%

We have evidence to suggest that there will be more stages. CoroCoro is claiming that there will be 108 stages, there's a bunch of empty slots on the CSS, etc.

Want 0%

Many of my wanted characters (most notably Saki Amamiya) would require a new stage.

Nominate: Kat & Ana x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No More Stages

Chance: 99%
I think Corocoro literally counted the blank spaces like a buncha jokers. All of their info was stuff from the Direct. They're not gonna drop a bombshell there.
Do you really think a reputable magazine like CoroCoro would just count the blank spaces and fake a report?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
No more stages

Chance: 10. Ignoring the Corocoro leak for a second, I really don't think we're not getting any more stages. For one, that seemingly would go against having Incineroar in like Vergeben has said, since I feel like we would get a new stage with him. The other issue I have is that, just like Box Theory, it means the smash developers would have unnecessarily have shown their hand when they wouldn't need to, and they've done a solid job of not doing that since I started following smash news mid way through Brawl.

Want: 0: No more stages being in the base roster would sour the speculation fun for me quite a bit, as that would mean a lot of the speculated characters would be deconfirmed. I already got my number 1 realistic pick to become playable in King K Rool, so it wouldn't crush me to find out there really weren't any more stages, but it would definitely take some of the fun and excitement out of the one or two directs we have left.

Noms
Joker x5

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I get you are riding out VergeBox, but let's be honest this is a stretch.

OK, do you honestly think Nintendo would negotiate for Minecraft content, and would not get a stage. Do you honeslty think Nintendo would talk to Microsoft, one of their actual competitors, and offer them chicken scraps like an assist trophy or a singe trophy. No, if Nintendo is negotiating with Microsoft, they are getting a character, and therefor a stage.

Next, the SE character. If we do completely believe Vergeben (which due to his shaky track record, temperament, and wishy washy statements I do not completely) there will be a SE character in the game. Before you go on and say DLC, how would Vergeben know. He clearly knows that something is up due to industry contacts, but he does not know who. If it is Geno, we do not get another stage. Sora? Chrono? A Dragon Quest character? All have a stage likely coming.

I already said that MH is likely getting a stage since the assets are there, the work is there. For them to use it just for Spirits is dumb. Now you may go why wouldnt they just show it off? They have been weird with stages this game, having several in screenshots w/o telling us anything. Mario got New Donk City Hall in his video even. It would be in line rn for them to do something like this.

Finally, Pokemon getting a new stage, even if you are going Vergebox, is a likely idea. Pokemon is huge, and it could easily get a new location for Gen 7.

So let us say that this is the hypothetical lineup of stages going hard Vergebox.

Overwold
Monster Hunter
SE Stage (I am gonna say its Geno or Sora, so I will go with Dive Into the Heart)
Gen 7 Stage

So you are saying that realistically, going full Vergebox, that there is a 1% Chance we get any of this. A 1% that the Minecraft Content is not a stage/character and is something small. A 1% Chance that we do not get any other stages. Being 99% sure that they would reveal all of the stages four months before the game even came out.

I will agknowledge Vergeben, but box theory is always going to be a dumb theory. Even being conservative, we are getting 2-3 more newcomers that are non echos. Incineroar, Steve, and a SE character fit that. You can go on and ride Vergeben all you want, but Box Theory is a placeholder image literally created by an intern.

Also lowkey saying that there being open spaces on a placeholder image = Vergebox while saying that the open spaces on the stage screen = nothing is kinda suspect.
The Minecraft content not being a stage/character doesn't necessarily mean it's something small. Like Rathalos, it could be an Assist. Maybe it would, fittingly, factor into stage builder. Maybe there's a Spirits boss. Who knows? This is coming from someone who holds no ill will toward Minecraft, considers Steve a bigger icon than 90% of the current roster, and would love to see him playable if it meant hi bringing in a crafting and terraforming moveset. :p

Plus Nintendo clearly doesn't see Microsoft as a competitor anyway. Let's be real here, in the eyes of the greater market scope, Nintendo has been the "companion system" for the PlayStation and X-Box since the Wii. Sony and Microsoft are big competitors, but Nintendo goes for a different slice of the market, to the point where they've been buddy-buddy with Microsoft. I wouldn't call just an Assist Trophy "small potatoes." It just reminds me too much of when people said third party echoes would be "disrespectful" before getting btfo'd by Richter. :p And on that note, I think if Monster Hunter were to get a stage in the base game, they'd have shown it off in the Direct.

We didn't get Gangplank Galleon with K. Rool, so I don't think an Alola stage is mandatory for Incineroar, as much as I'd like one.

I'm banking on SE being the first DLC announcement a la fifty facts Mewtwo. We know from the Gematsu leaks that DLC IS thought of in advance, as noted by what was said about Ness and Lucas. Vergeben also couldn't deny the possibility.

So yes, I am that sure that we aren't getting more base game stages, but I would love to be wrong.

Not gonna get into Box Theory stuff here too much considering it isn't its day yet, but if/when it turns out to be true, how would you take it? Hypothetically.

Do you really think a reputable magazine like CoroCoro would just count the blank spaces and fake a report?
Considering back when it was first revealed they called Chatot a pure Flying type? Yes.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
We've Seen It All

Chance: 20%
Want: abstain

Ooh, it looks like one of our fantheories is up for debate.

Honestly, I don't think we've seen everything. If there are no new stages, that would imply no new franchises as well, which I don't know if that's done just yet. The direct did have the last row oddly uncentered, which to me implies the existence of more stuff there, and everyone wants to know what CoroCoro meant when they came up with 108.

Still, I got most of the ones I need - Melee Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom II (why is this not called Subcon?), Mushroomy Kingdom (is 1-2 back?), Super Mario Maker, Melee Yoshi's Island (will I be able to put the SMW remix here?), Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Temple, Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Gerudo Valley (in HD!), Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Fountain of Dreams (in HD!!), Green Greens, Saffron City, Pokémon Stadium 1, Spear Pillar, Kalos Pokémon League, Onett, Fourside, New Pork City, Summit, Castle Siege, WarioWare, Green Hill Zone, Suzaku Castle...
...phew...
I know I'll definitely have fun. Of the ones I'll miss - Pac Maze (why?) and Wooly World (hopefully we still get that remix), I can deal.

Also, Minecraft would be best represented by a stage, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one. Also we have no information about a stage builder mode? Hopefully that's back after it was in the last two versions (or just give me a Tetris stage so I don't have to make one). Also there are no good villan-y stages for Mario (Bowser Castle?) or DK (Gangplank Galleon) to fit their respective themes. At least all Metroid stages will fit a Ridley theme and the Dorf looks imposing enough with Eldin as a background since it's lit for sunset.

And I still need a Skyrim touring stage to go with a playable Dovahkiin.

Nom: DLC costumes x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x190
Dovahkiin x185
Papyrus x180
Kyo Kusanagi x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158

200 - 151

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Edelgard x145
Susie Haltmann x139
Black Knight as a boss character x135
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x111
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x110
Sans as a boss character x107
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Xurkitree (Pokémon) x98
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
The Prince (Katamari) x90
Merric (Fire Emblem) x90
Concept: Cross series Echoes x85
Rhythm Girl x85
Silvally x84
Slime x81
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x70
Saki Amamiya x70
9-Volt x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Concept: Historical Character x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
[Rerate] Steve? x55
Earthworm Jim x54
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Spyro x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Stage: Melemele Island x40
Concept: DLC character pass x40
Adeleine x39
Joker (Persona) x39
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x39
Quote x38
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
[Rerate] Sora x35
Box Theory x34
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Blog Theory x24
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Kat & Ana x20
Stage: Yoshi’s Crafted World x20
[Rerate] Gengar x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Concept: Unique puzzle game rep x14
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Conker x10
Concept: Danganronpa music x10
[Rerate] Porky Minch x9
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
Erdrick x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
[Rerate] Ninten x3
Creeper x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Assist Trophy: Creeper x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Goomba x1

Earthworm Jim blasts past 50 nominations.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
No more stages

Chance - 35% - The direct mentioning the number of stages did have some sense of finality to it. That said, it does feel like playing their cards too early. I would at least expect a few more stages to coincide with something, at least. While I'm leaning hoard more stages, I wouldn't surprise me that much if indeed we don't get more than what we have.

Want - 0% -Who want less stages? More stages means more fun, typically.

Nominations

Slime X5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
No more Sages

Chance: 50%. On one hand you have the Direct, on one hand you have CoroCoro. It could really go either way. Even the characters I predict leave it 50/50. Lycanroc, Bandana Dee, and Geno don't need a stage but they could.

Want: 0%. Does anyone want less? Plus I make stages for the contest weekly, only 4 new stages would feel... lazy.

Nominations: Cross Series Echoes x5

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
No more stages want: 0%

Having no more stages would imply having no new characters from new franchises, right? There are newcomers from new franchises I want.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Chance: 5%- No more stages would mean no more newcomers from an unrepped franchise, and I assume we will at least get one more third party. The likely options are Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, or Geno, and all 3 would need a stage with them. Plus there's the chance Isaac, a Rhythm Heaven rep, or an ARMS character makes it in, in which case they'd need a stage. Plus I'm still a bit skeptical that Rainbow Road was cut considering how popular and iconic that stage is. So I feel there's at least 5 more stages.

Want: 0%- As much as I am hyped for Smash Ultimate, I will admit I'm a little underwhelmed with the number of new stages. I'm not trying to sound selfish because almost every stage from the past is returning, but we've only gotten 4 new ones so far. When they said not that many newcomers would be in the game, I thought they would make up for the lack of new content with some new stages, but it seems that might not be the case. Obviously I'm hopeful for new stages, and I think there's still so much potential. A Gankplank Galleon stage would be absolutely phenomenal, and I think R.O.B. should have a stage too, since he's the only "series" without one on the Ultimate website.

aarchak

Smash Ace
No More Stages

Chance: 50% Base, 0% DLC
Honestly, it all depends on whether or not CoroCoro made a mistake on their magazine. I have heard arguments on both sides, and we're likely going to debate this here, but unless we get confirmation by Nintendo or CoroCoro for either side, I'm holding off. Of course, there WILL be DLC stages. No doubt about that.
Honestly, I'll take as many stages as we can get. I'm happy with our current count, but more is always better in this case.

Nominations
Character alternate costume DLC x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
No More Stages

That really depends whether there's a newcomer from a unrepped franchise, first party or third party, or not. I'm 50-50 about that in the base roster, but DLC, we are definitely getting more stages.

Honestly, I really want more stages in Smash. I'm happy to having only 103 stages, but I appreciate it if they add more stages before release.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
No More Stages:

Chance - 20%

CoroCoro maybe wrong but due to their links with Nintendo and my belief that more new characters means more new stages I think their is definitley more to come. Also leaving those blank spots? Ew.

Want - 100%

Just give me a modern Kirby stage please. Well I must also say I do want a Pokemon Sun and Moon stage.
I think you may have played yourself there... An 100% want in this instance would be that you DON'T want any new stages. A 0% want for no stages means that you want stages.

In hindsight, we probably should have made this day to Rate the Chances that more stages are added, which would hypothetically be the inverse of no more stages. That way, there wouldn't be as much confusion on exactly what we are rating (More stages/No more stages). I've seen this fallacy a few times today in this thread.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
No More Stages:
Chance: 0%-We've got a giant space for six stages in the SSS and a Monster Hunter scenario that still leaves us intrigued, why would anyone assume there's nothing left to be announced there? Not to mention there's about 2 to 5 characters left (keeping in mind that announcements will be slower), why wouldn't they come with new stages?
Want: 0%-I mean, I can see a point for not wanting anymore characters, but stages? Who seriously doesn't want more stages? Because I sure as hell want more.
Nominations: DLC character pass x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
No More Stages
Chance: 70% Call me crazy, but Sakurai doesn't lie. Yes, there are probably stages planned for DLC. However, he specifically stated that there are 103 stages in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I consider that confirmed. However, there are some problems. For one, a magazine posted that there are 108 stages. Personally, I think it's a typo, since they didn't show off any stages besides the 103 revealed, and had no new information except for what was shown in the direct. The other issue is the glaring empty spot on the stage select. I could see this used for DLC, or perhaps as a quick way to access your favorite custom levels. Finally, we have that Monster Hunter arena. Some argue that this will be a playable stage. However, in the Subspace Emissary, we had several playable stages that were inaccessible in the main game. For instance, the stage where you fight Ridley on top of Falcon's ship. Again, it doesn't overrule Sakurai's words, but it is something to consider. Still, this isn't a fan theory to me. This is rating whether Sakurai lied to us in order to increase hype. Period.

Want: 0% This shouldn't have to be said, but no one wants less content. What really saddens me is what this means for speculation. That means no new franchises are going to get characters. No Chibi-Robo. No Andy. No Isaac. No Shantae. No Rayman. No Banjo-Kazooie. Speculation for all franchises is gone. It's hard not to feel cynical, especially when the most prominent leaker supports this theory. Perhaps there will be Minecraft DLC, according to him, but nothing else he's said contradicts this. I desperately want to be proven wrong on this, but in my heart, I feel like this is the truth. No more stages, at least til DLC.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
No more stages:
Isn't this pretty much decofirmed now with CoroCoro's leak? I'm not complaining, makes for an easy day

103 is a huge amount, but I'd rather have 108. 5 more stages, hell yeah

Noms:
Zeraora x3
Silvally x2

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Concept: No More Stages

Why would Sakurai list a specific number of stages, then number songs at an unspecific "greater than 900" something right afterwards? If Castlevania was the final new franchise added, then this would all make perfect sense - being the last spoiler of note in the stages, they could proudly declare the total number of stages right afterwards. After all, we were already told not to expect too many new fighters.

Everyything else - extra space at the bottom, Coro Coro's statement, the fact that Sakurai didn't definitely say that we'd seen all the stages - doesn't make much for a solid counterargument. Coro Coro's fallibility, in fact, makes them more of a popular reassurance than anything definite, one that people would naturally flock to because it's simply not as damning to their hopeful candidates as the alternative.

On the other hand, Sakurai simply numbering 103 stages isn't hard proof that this is the final tally either. But without more news, this whole thing can only remain a troublesome worry for us.

Addendum: There's not going to be a Monster Hunter stage. The arena we see Rathalos battle in is literally a plain, featureless background - perfect for a boss fight, but comparatively lousy for any multiplayer battle. Monster Hunter is pretty full of vibrant and unique locations, all of which could be easily repurposed into a flat plain for the Rathalos battle, so there's no real chance they'd have wasted time on making two separate Monster Hunter stage backgrounds, let alone chosen a flat, featureless, easy-to-model part of the Ancestral Steppes as their Monster Hunter stage.

The idea is disappointing primarily because it reconfirms everyone who belongs to a unrepresented franchise, on top of reconfirming a Pac-Maze remix, am HD Mute City Bowser's Castle stage. But stages themselves don't cost nothing to remake, and 100 stages is almost four-to-five times more stages than most other fighting games have.

Prediction:
Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode: 20%

Nominations:
Sans (boss) x5

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
NO MORE STAGES

I'll still going to give a 0% for want. I'd love to see more stages, and I was super disappointed when stages such as Woolly World and Pac-Maze were doomed to not come back. An updated Stage Builder would be a good alternative to see, but more stages can and will always be welcome in my book. Also, if more characters do get announced, I, like most people, would love to see them come with a unique stage.

Nominations: [Concept]: Any Minecraft Representation x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
AHHHHHH! my perfect record? I missed Fjorm

Oh well, now my concept

No More Stages
Chance: 90%
Let's face it, we don't much left, the only reason there is to keep just 5 stages secret is if they tied into a newcomer. And 5 unique newcomers is ridiculous to me and way too hopeful. They had such a huge blowout stages that keeping any other secret after that doesn't make sense to me, especially if you're going out of the way to show the Stage Select Screen and point out 103 stages (exactly 100 stages) more stages doesn't make sense to me. Especially when every newcomer so far from existing franchises HAVEN'T got stages. That implies the rest of the newcomers are from new franchises, which I also don't see happening
Want 40%
I'm torn, on one hand, we've seen every stage and there's only 4 new ones. But I must admit it's good news for my top 2 newcomers

Nominate Daroach x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I have doubts here, and I honestly won't be surprised if it actually ends up being Incineroar who kills this - I feel there's a solid chance of a Sun and Moon stage and if there is it would make sense to reveal it alongside the new Pokémon. I'm not able to finish a full write up tonight though, and I'm not 100% sure where to place my rankings for either anyway, so I'm going to abstain from scoring today.

Nominations: Saki x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
No More Stages

Way I see it, there are two possibilities. One: Corocoro is correct and we still have 5 stages in the wings, which means we technically do have more stages, we just don't know what they are. Two: They were incorrect, and what we've seen is what we get. I don't know which one to go for. If the remaining characters are characters like Geno, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, or Ken, they don't exactly need a new stage. If those who remain are characters like Isaac, Shantae, Banjo & Kazooie, Sora, or Steve, then they most likely would get a stage with them. Oddly enough, it comes down to who's left.

Want: 25%
More stages is always welcome, but TBH, I can't complain. 103 stages is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and even with that many, it'd take a while to fully acquaint yourself with all of them.

D

Deleted member

Abstaining on no more stages concept.

Noms:
Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
No more stages

chance
I just find it odd that they would have shown off all the stages already. I think we will have at least 1/2 more new stages not counting the monster hunter stage. I think we still have unlockable stages from whatever spirts mode is.
20%

want
0%
the more the better. I still really want Poke Floats and a few new stages for some characters I want like Crash and Geno.

nominaitng earthworm jim x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
No more stages
On one side of things, CoroCoro says there's 5 more stages and there's enough room on the stage page for that much. But on the other side of things, the Direct seemed to imply that 103 is the final number and CoroCoro could have easily just made an error.
This one could go either way, honestly.
The stage list we already have is really great, yes. But it's always nice to have more.

Metroidvania prediction: 10%
Noms: Any Minecraft representation x5

Top Bottom