• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

zferolie

Smash Hero
He did not say he was exclusively pulling from the ballot, however. And even if Incineroar is newer, he runs laps around someone like Shulk, who came from an incredibly niche then-one-game late-Wii JRPG franchise that almost didn't come out in the west. Pokémon, meanwhile, is the largest multimedia franchise on earth.
You have to remember with shulk that he also had that very large world wide compaign to get his game released world wide.

Not saying inceniroar isnt big or doesnt deserve to be in, but with how they are marketing this game ending on ken and inceniroar is highly suspicious

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You have to remember with shulk that he also had that very large world wide compaign to get his game released world wide.

Not saying inceniroar isnt big or doesnt deserve to be in, but with how they are marketing this game ending on ken and inceniroar is highly suspicious
Didn't Reggie even say Operation Rainfall had no effect in bringing Xenoblade over?

My point is that if Smash 4's prerelease hype cycle ended on Shulk, there's no reason this one can't end on Incineroar.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee:

Chances: 35%
A few days ago I would have given him a higher Rating, but with all the leaks and likely not more than 5 charatcers at best left, his chances are sinking by the Minute.
Pros:
He is extremely popular in Japan and also has a decent following in the best, often ending up very high on fan polls. The Kirby series is one of Nintendo biggest and imo definitely deserves at least 1 Newcomer and if they get one, it´s gotta be Bandana Dee. I often see the "it´s just a Goomba with a hat" Argument, but that´s just plain nonsense. And honestly, if there would be a Goomba with a hat, s Special weapon and a Special Name that appears in most Mario games and is often one of the 4 playable characters, then I´d be sure he would already be in Smash. Furthermore with his spear he adds something completely new to Smash.

Cons:
As I already said my biggest concern Right now is that there probably aren´t that many spots left. I don´t think the box Theory is true, regardless I don´t see more than 5 Newcomers Happening, at least without counting DLC. Adding to that is that Vergeben got more trustworthy after Isabelle was confirmed and he says Incineroar, a Square Rep (Geno?) and Ken, only leaving About 2 or so more. And there we already have characters like Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, Shadow and Co that seem more likely than Bandana Dee imo.

Want: 95%
One of my most wanted characters. I love the Kirby series, he is just cute as hell and could be fun and unique. Also I really want to see more diverse weapons in Smash.

Magolor:

Chances: 5%
Pros:
Besides Bandana Dee he is probably the second most liked Kirby character not yet in Smash. He could fit into the Maybe villain theme, but Kirby already has Meta Knight and Dedede has sort of rivals (Meta Knight was even seen in the heroes vs villains artworks from K. Rools reveal Trailer. He could also be very unique.

Cons:
I could see him getting in, but only after Bandana Dee and Dee already doesn´t have the highest chances. So far we also didn´t get 2 Newcomers (not counting) Echos for any series. Always only 1 or at best 1 and an Echo. And Magolor as well as Bandana are just too different to work as an Echo of any Smash character.

Want: 90%
Again, big fan of the Kirby series and I really think it deserves another Rep. After Bandana (and Galacta Knight who is already an Alt of Meta Knight) he would be my next Kirby choice. Great character and design with a big potential.

Nominations:
Fjorm: 5x

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum you seem almost as confident in VergeBox as you were on Gematsu. History does repeat.
Not even remotely comparable. One is based on incomplete early info, the other is based on lategame promotional material.

People write the box off too easily.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Didn't Reggie even say Operation Rainfall had no effect in bringing Xenoblade over?

My point is that if Smash 4's prerelease hype cycle ended on Shulk, there's no reason this one can't end on Incineroar.
Not even remotely comparable. One is based on incomplete early info, the other is based on lategame promotional material.

People write the box off too easily.
Pre release hype but there were still other characters. We cant assume the will end at the same level as last games slas this one isnt having any secrect characters.

Yes ken and inceniroar are probably happening. But he also has good with a base game square rep, which could be geno or a dragon quest. He also said a minecraft stage, which invloves working with Microsoft. You think sakurai wouldnt try for banjo and kazooie if they worked enough for the minecraft stage?

Plus, luke i said before. Verg doesnt know everything. Everyone forgets he didnt guess chrome or dark samus, and only said after the reveal that he heard about richter. I think its very likely that we can see more.

As for the box... why would nintendo even give us a guess on how many characters are left? That goes against everything sakurai is doing. The box could just be an early prototype that can show what it can be, doesnt mean that size is set. Same can be said for all character select screens in all fighting games before launch.

Is the box correct, maybe. But its not set in stone as gospel yet

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 3%
Seriously doubt he'll make it to the base roster. There are more popular picks that haven't been revealed for the game. If Sakurai didn't work on Kirby he would have 0%.
Want: 0%
I don't think he needs to be in smash. Why do we need another Kirby character when the 3 we have are good enough? Why does smash need a spear user, and if so, why is Bandana Dee the best fit for one? Why do we need a generic enemy in smash? Hell if Bandana Dee belongs in smash, I'd like to argue that Youngster Joey's Rattata belongs too. People remember Youngster Joey's Rattata, it's been in more than 1 game, it's a generic enemy thats a little different, and if you catch a Rattata with really good stats you basically have what Joey is claiming he has. I have way too many issues with this character to give him a single want %.

Magalor:
Chance: 0%
This one is not happening. Every time I hear Magalor's name I have to google him. That
I don't hate Kirby, it's a decently fun franchise. I just don't think there are any existing characters from Kirby that should be playable in smash other than the ones we have.

Nominations:
Silvally x3
Zeraora x2

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Guys, focus. We might need to do an emergency day for 103 vs 108 Stages and the Box Theory, but for right now, let's concentrate on the characters we're supposed to be rating.

Bandana Dee:
Chance: 10% He's no longer as likely as he once was, but he's not out of the running. He has a decent fan base, and has some moveset potential. His main issue is his lack of identity. Personally, I don't like the generic enemy argument, but it does hamper him some.
Want: 70% That being said, I wholeheartedly support his inclusion. There's a lot he could do in the game, and he's had enough appearances to be considered his own character. I think he would be a good fit.

Magalor:
Chance: 0% Yes, he got popular in Japan for some reason, but come on. This guy only starred in one game, and has only seen cameos since then. I don't think he's an all star in the slightest.
Want: 0% No thank you. If we get a Kirby character, let it be Bandana Dee. Magalor just doesn't feel right in this game.

Nominations:
No More Stages x5

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Bandana Dee: High. Possible revealed during the next direct. 4th most popular in Japan.
Magolor: medium. He was the 7th most popular request n Japan, and we all know Nintendo listens to their Japanese audience way more than their western audience.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Banana Dee

Chance: 85%. Still the unique newcomer I expect the most. He's very popular in Japan and still rather requested here. My one fear, him being too recent, was destroyed by unique Isabelle.

Want: 91%. Tied with Marx for my most wanted. I like Kirby, so a Fourth character would be great.

Mango Lord

Chance: 5%. I think people overstate his popularity. He was probably the standard "Non BDee Kirby character" in Japan, like how Marx and Dark Matter are here now. I dont think he would've had huge turnouts on the actual Ballot as a result.

Want: 45%. I would still like him, RtDL was fun and all. But I feel Bandana Dee deserves it more.

Nominations: Cross series Echoes x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, focus. We might need to do an emergency day for 103 vs 108 Stages and the Box Theory, but for right now, let's concentrate on the characters we're supposed to be rating.
I'd certainly hope not. I'd prefer to get back to concepts people actually voted for as opposed to more predetermined days, personally.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Bandana Chance: 70%

I'm actually getting worried he won't be included. He may be the most popular candidate, but there aren't any leaks or hints that suggest he's in the game.

Bandana Want: 99%

Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the very few things that can save my want for this game.

Magolor Chance: 0%
Magolor Want: 0%

He was only important in one game.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Bandana Chance: 70%

I'm actually getting worried he won't be included. He may be the most popular candidate, but there aren't any leaks or hints that suggest he's in the game.

Bandana Want: 99%

Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the very few things that can save my want for this game.

Magolor Chance: 0%
Magolor Want: 0%

He was only important in one game.
Out of curiosity, what is it that's ruining your want for the game?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Opossum Opossum you seem almost as confident in VergeBox as you were on Gematsu. History does repeat.
Vergeben and the box theory have NOTHING to do with each other and shouldn't be compared. I trust Vergeben because he is a very credible source and has gotten almost nothing incorrect with his leaks. The box theory is just a big load of crap that the community is jumping on and treating like gospel. I already stated my evidence on why it's most likely fake.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Bandanna Dee Chance: 60%

I see Bandanna Dee as the most likely character to get in from Kirby due to his relevance as the 4th party member, popularity as the representation for the Waddle Dee species as a whole, with them basically being the secondary mascot of the Kirby series, and he does have a spear which is a weapon no other character has in Smash.

Want 0% I absolutely do not want Bandanna Dee, as I feel others like Adeleine, Marx, Susie, etc bring FAR more to the table, and his place as the 4th partty member came not from having any sort of character or importance but simply due to him being....a Waddle Dee. (that and they seemingly refused to acknowledge Adeleine for about a decade till rather recently) I personally hate the idea of him getting over a summoning painter, an eldritch abomination, and a robot girl with her own mech. All he brings to Smash is "Spear Kirby" attached to a loyal follower of King Dedede who decided to wear a hat so he wouldn't be completely unrecognizable to the hundreds of other members of his species.e

Magolor Chance 1% He's seemingly popular in Japan, enough to appear more than outside his debut game unlike most one off villains in Kirby. but thats it.

Want 10% He's slightly better than Bandanna Dee here but I just personally don't see a reason for him to get in over others, he'd didn't have much to seperate him from say Marx or Tatanga, who one has wings and a psycho boss form and the other has 6 limbs. Magolor just doesnt have much that makes him stand out.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee and the other guy: Chance: 20%

There seems to be very limited newcomer slots left, and he's not going to make it in with such tough competition. Had we had a huge newcomer list it would have been a different story. After Incineroar, he's competing with Geno, Isaac, Dixie, Skull Kid, maybe even Banjo, etc.

Just no room.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
First off, Box Theory = Load of Garbage

Here is what I have heard
-We are getting more than 103 stages
-Black Knight, Shadow, and Geno are playable for sure from what I have heard.
-Shantae is an assist trophy
Where'd ya here that?

BANDANA DEE

I'm going to say the least about my highest chanced character. To be fair, I had been following along with RTC for a while, and this is the only case for a character that I could say is a fair bet. I might even call it a lock. Bandana Dee has had a whole lot going for him, with Star Allies making him an honorary member of the dream friend quadrifecta. I think it's totally happening tbh, and a lot has been said on him in the past, but I'm callin' a...

Chance: 95%

Yeah. I really think that we are going to see Bandana Dee as the 4th Kirby rep. It is very likely that he would be the last, but I wouldn't throw out the idea of seeing a 5th Kirby rep in Smash 6, if it ever comes out. That's where I feel like Marx, Gooey, Adeleine, Galacta Knight, and Magolor all have their shot (not necessarily in that order)... I have never been that large of a Kirby fan, so it's saying something when I'm sold on a character that might just look like a goomba with a hat, or in this case, a waddle dee with a bandana. Concept wise and character design wise, Marx and Magolor completely annihilate Bandana Dee. However, looking through all of the games where Bandana Dee is in integral part of the base playable roster, it would be a dishonor to not put him in first before looking for other characters. That's why Bandana Dee deserves a...

Want: 100%

Magolor

Currently, only three characters have earned my prestigious 100% want, but I have only been able to rate one. That being said, I don't want to rant on and on about how Bandana Dee has a 100% want, (I feel like my short explanation covered it decently), so I probably should be moving onto Magolor. Hey Magolor! Sorry buddy, if Bandana Dee wasn't here, you would be rated MUUUCH higher. But he is, and you were in one main Kirby game one time, and you have yet to show up as a dream friend (even though I bet you, Galacta Knight, and Prince Fluff will all see the light of day), so it's a shame to announce that you receive a...

Chance: 27.5% (Yeah I get that there wasn't much content for the chance bit. There's enough)

Wait, 27.5? That's higher than I was expecting! In all honesty, I wouldn't be either mad or shocked if two Kirby reps got into the game. Magolor is super popular in Japan, and even though Dedede and Meta Knight are big characters, we still got two Kirby reps in Brawl. It's a big series with big names, and Magolor is a pretty unique character, and I would ungodly love to see him in the game, even though it isn't likely. So, even though you are a bit behind Bandana Dee, you earn a...

Want: 70%

Noms: Amaterasu x5
I think that pushes Amaterasu into the 200+ range!

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Might as well get my ratings in now before I forget.
Banana Waffle Deed
Chance: 75%
I still think his chances are pretty good. He's the most wanted Kirby newcomer pretty much everywhere and he's appeared in nearly every single Kirby game released in the last decade. If we get a new unique Kirby character, it'll be him.
The possibility of us not getting a Kirby newcomer at all is still there, though.
He's one of my most wanted characters. He seems like he'd be fun to play as, despite what some people may think.
He would also be Smash's first spear user, and would result in the Kirby series completing the weapon triangle before Fire Emblem, which I find hilarious.

Not Marx
Chance: 5%
As I said above, if we're getting any Kirby newcomer, it's Bandana Dee. While Magolor does have a decently sized fanbase, Dee has always been ahead of him.
Anything can happen, though.
I'd rather have Bandana dee. I've never really seen the appeal of this character in general, he just seems like Marx 2.0

Dixie prediction: 35%
Shantae prediction: 2%
Noms: Nathan Drake x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay you know what, with the box fiasco I'm not gonna give chance ratings to characters anymore, asides from two you-know-who characters as well as 0s to obvious no hopers who would never have a chance regardless of the box thing. I'll still gonna give want scores though.

Bandana Dee want: 70%
He's a legitimate Kirby all-star and just feels like he has gotten the status of getting in as a Smash fighter, and this comes from someone who dismissed him as a generic mook with a few accessories more than four years ago when I heard about him. If you find the character boring because of that, okay fine, but I think stating this argument as to why he doesn't have the status of a serious Smash contender feels like willful ignorance to me. Although I'm not a hardcore Kirby player, I've played Triple Deluxe and gave Return to Dream Land to someone as a gift once, so I'm a bit familiar with him. Also he's a lightweight with a good disjointed range and would easily be a unique fighter as a result. If he misses the base game I hope Sakurai takes note and adds him as a DLC fighter.
And I hope there will be Nintendo-owned DLC characters who will get in due to being long-time requested characters and not just "muh recency" — even though I'd have no problem with the later and I think it's actually be for the better to have some of them in order to rightfully represent the Switch area. I just want a healthy mix. Because Bandana Dee would need it if he misses the base game.

Magolor want: 10%
I remember he was a noticeably popular character at some point as a Smash request. I also remember he scored quite well in a Japanese poll, so at least he's not a terrible choice. But he's really far down my priority list as far as deversing characters are concerned.

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x1
Concept: box hypothesis x4

For the box hypothesis it to be confirmed, it has to check both the following criteria: there must be exactly one more Echo fighter, and said Echo fighter must be one of a character numeroted between 54 and 61; and there must be exactly one more original fighter.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
The focus is on veterans and echoes instead of unique newcomers, which are the thing I was looking forward to the most for a new Smash game.
There are still some newcomers for you to enjoy, and a lot of them are pretty cool. There's also possible DLC in the future after release. As long as he focuses on newcomers for DLC, then you should be happy :)

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
If Bandana Dee isn't a playable character (or maybe Assist Trophy I guess), I'll be sorely disappointed after the amount of meticulous details put into Final Smashes. *Cough* DDD's Final Smash *Cough*

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 55%
Dropping from 70%. It's hard to articulate exactly why, but there's something about Isabelle's inclusion that makes me a little discouraged on Dee's chances. Again, hard to say exactly why, but it's a feeling I can't shake. There are only a few months left till Ultimate is out, so I suppose there's a dash of pessimism in me that wants to expect the worst. I don't necessarily think the box-theory is true, especially given CoroCoro's 108 stages claim, but it still makes me a wee bit uneasy for his chances.

That being said, Dee does still have the merits that he's had for a while. Fourth most prominent Kirby character, unique potential with his Spear and Parasol, not being in Dedede's Final Smash, Kawasaki being a new Kirby Assist Trophy that gives you food, modern Kirby getting more attention in Ultimate, and so on. He's still got a shot.

Now that we've got K. Rool, there's no doubt in my mind that Bandana Dee is my absolute most wanted character. I love the team he forms with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede, I love how he's a Waddle Dee who rose beyond his species' perceived weakness, I love how adorable his animations are, I love his spear moves (ESPECIALLY his Waddle Copter!). I just really love this little guy. I think he's the most appropriate Kirby character to add, and I love the Kirby series, so I'd love to see it get another character. I'll be really bummed if he really doesn't get in...

Magolor:
Chance: 30%
He does seem to have gotten quite a few votes in Japan as far as I can tell, and he's a reasonably popular Kirby character. I don't really see him happening, but, maybe those votes made a bigger difference than we might have thought?

Want: 25%
I dunno. Obviously, Bandana Dee is the Kirby character I want above all others, but even amongst other Kirby characters, Magolor isn't really high on my list. I'd much prefer Dark Matter since I feel that he's a better representative for Kirby villains and although I like Magolor, he's never really been one of my favorites. His boss form is cool, but transitioning between it and his regular form wouldn't be as seamless as it would be for Marx (Though I'd say that Magolor edges out Marx slightly for me since I'm a little weary of the Super Star representation in Smash). Plus I kinda have a hard time picturing how exactly he'd work as a playable character.

That being said, like I said, I love Kirby, so I'd be a bit happy to see another rep, and Magolor would at least be Sakurai finally giving Modern Kirby some major recognition beyond the Final Smashes. I'd be very sad if he got in over Bandana Dee, but I'd eventually get used to it I suppose.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright, so finally I get to rate these two.

First, Magolor.

Chance: 20%
He won’t make it in, but that’s not for lack of trying. This guy’s got way too much going for him, to my surprise. Japan loves the ******, he’s still relevant, he has moveset potential. He’ll probably be a strong pick for DLC, and I’ll surely get in over Marx.

Abstain from Want, never finished RtDL

But really, this is what it’s all about

B. D.

Chance: 90%
I’ll go out on a limb and say that, along with Dixie, Ashley, Toad and Waluigi, he is one of the few Nintendo All-Stars left to add. Dude is crazy popular in Japan (and those guys are bound to get a bone thrown at them with all the meat we’re getting), and overseas he ain’t too shabby. He’s got moveset potential, relevance, and he is very important to his franchise. The suspicious absence of him in DDD’s moveset calls back to Robin’s absent FS and Samus’ missing skin. I think he’s in. The only way I can see him not being in is if that idiotic box theory is true and there are only two newcomers left.

What can I say? I love the little guy.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Bandana Waddle Dee

I don't want Bandana Dee in Smash, and I'm very concerned that he is announced each time a Direct shows up. I fear he's announced, because of all the people who are begging Sakurai to add him.
But realistically, he has a very little chance of appearing.
A character who's identity is defined by an hat and partially by a weapon... you can't even give him the iconic sailor hat because it's not "Bandana" anymore.
It's not just that. Toad is a similar character. Toad has always been very requested over the years, I think he was the most wanted along with Sonic in Melee, too. Despite this, Sakurai never included Toad. Those characters who are "just a generic villager of the game's kingdom" are something that Sakurai seems to not want in the roster. I fear that Sakurai goes crazy and adds him, though that's very unlikely, not before Toad at least.
If you are lucky, you'll probably get your Bandana Waddle Dee trophy in the gallery, along with the one of every other Dream Friend from Kirby Star Allies.

There is only 1 character who I actually don't want in Smash, and that's Bandana Waddle Dee.
A filler character who's been added as a 4th player in a game, a character who's made out of recycled assets, who is very unexpressive (he has like only 3 facial expressions in total), who has the most boring design ever seen in all Nintendo.
A character who has very weak moveset potential, and that comes from 1 specific ability of Kirby.
A character who never did anything consistent in the series, he's just shoehorned everywhere for no reason.
The Kirby series has way better options, and Bandana Waddle Dee is the most boring, the worst they can come with.
As a Kirby fan, I want to see more Kirby characters in Smash, and Bandana Waddle Dee is just there to steal the spot from the other more interesting characters; I think this character is a missed opportunity for every Kirby fan, people should jump out from the bandwagon and support the characters they actually like, not this one only because "it's more likely" or "it makes sense", also because it actually doesn't make any.

Magolor

Chance: 50%
He was one of the most voted characters in the ballot and he's very popular in Japan. Bandana Waddle Dee has more support, but for the reasons I explained above, I can't see him happening, and when I see it, it's just a nightmare.
I think he's the most likely Kirby newcomer (excluding a Metaknight echo), and I can totally see him being a newcomer along with a load of salt from the Bandana Dee fans.
He was just a final boss in one game, but over the years HAL started including and referencing him more and more, in more games (and I'm not talking of cameos, I'm talking of lore).
He's basically the face of the modern series of Kirby, and anyone who follows the Kirby series and is not biased for Bandana Waddle Dee knows this.
It's both likely and makes sense, it's just that people refuse to accept the thruth.
I said 50% because I think that, after all, it's possible that Kirby won't get any newcomer at all.

Want: 50%
I'm not a fan of Magolor. There are other characters who I like more.
Adeleien & Ribbon, Dark Matter, and even Marx.
Magolor makes sense as a newcomer, I'd be ok with him, but it's not my dream choice.
There isn't much more to say... he has some basic moveset potential, he's a wizard... nothing special but at least he has source material for specials and a credible final smash.
If he is announced, I would at least be happy that Kirby is getting something, and that the something in question is not an overrated reskin of a "dumb mob" .

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee

Chance - 60% - I don't think the box theory holds much weight. That aside, with a ever closing grip on the roster, I'm feeling the squeeze. While I still hold him popular enough to view him as one of the more likely ones, I just can't feel overly confident on his chances.

Want - 100% - My most wanted character, who I reserve my 100% for. I'm a Kirby maniac, and adding him just feels right for completing the Kirby series.

Magolor

Chance - 2.5% - I can't see it, unless Sakurai sees Magolor as way more interesting than Dee. Otherwise, I think he's too minor of a character to get in.

Want - 60% - While I like him, he's just not quite what I'm looking for. I'd prefer Dee or Dark Matter, though I guess I can tolerate him.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

Troykv

Smash Master
Bandana Dee:

Hard to say at this point; the only characters that are more likely than not are Ken, and some other characters with some kind of back up... But Bandana Dee has the advantage of being a pretty wanted character and being pretty popular... His japanese popularity is overwhelming. And it's likely Sakurai had heard tons of times people talk about the potential of a Spear.

Want: 80%

My most wanted character that is considered possible under mainstream criteria; he's pretty much the last piece of the Kirby Franchise to feel whole.

Magolor:

Chance: 10%

Leaks had damaged a lot his chances like pretty much every character; he's a character that pretty much depends of Japanese Popularity.

Chance: 60%

But he somehow ended up in the game I would be happy.

Predictions

Dixie Kong: 33.5%
Shantae: 3.4%

Nomiantions.

Reimu Hakurei x5

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Bandanna Dee
Chance: 100%
The Kirby series has received very little attention in Smash 5 so far with the greatest change being a dash attack and no new stages unlike Mario and Zelda. The series has to be receiving something new and we have not seen it yet. He also is one of the most notably requested newcomers and if the villain thing is true then he is luckily in a series with two part time villains appearing. He also has been a main stay since arguably 64 and has changed into the spear wielding character we know now giving him extensive history in the franchise. Also Waddle Dee's are just profitable and marketable making him a good choice.
Want: 95%
He's an adorable I like.
Magolor
He has the problem of similar villains (Marx, Taranza) to compete with splitting potential votes and is only a major character in one game.
He would be interesting, I just think BD has earned a spot on the roster over other Kirby characters.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee

Chances: 45%. Could happen, might not, but I think it is slightly more likely he will not make it in as a fighter. It's possible he won't even be acknowledged like with Smash 4, but there is a chance he could get in through being a part of Super Star. It will depend on Sakurai's judgement.

Want: 10%. I'm sorry, but no. Bandana Dee may have been a promising character at one point, but the charm has faded. His personality contradicts the Waddle Dee race, maybe to the point of not really deserving to be one, and his constant push in the Kirby series has overridden many great possibilities. Kirby has finally started to acknowledge its long-lost characters, and so many better options have cropped up as a result. I don't want to see that go to waste with the only character that has the potential to shut down every other Kirby rep. I say 10% mainly because my childhood would still love to see Waddle Dee make it, and Bandana Dee could be a great alt in that case. Otherwise, no.

Magolor

Chances: 15%. He may have a following in Japan, but as far as I can tell that's only where he succeeds enough. He's still not in a playable position, and his lack of involvement with Sakurai's work puts him at an unfair disadvantage. There is a possibility he could get cross-promoted for his next appearance, but so close to release it seems unlikely.

Want: 45%. I like him. I adore his antics in Return to Dreamland and (gasp) Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. But in terms of Kirby reps, I actually don't think he is on par with even Marx right now, who I think has a much better shot and more potential. As one of the few outside trophies from Smash 4, he happens to be the only one I like, but that's not enough.

Nominations

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee
Chance: 55%
Bandana Dee's one of the small handful of first party characters I feel has a realistic shot as a unique newcomer at this point. He's got quite a bit going for him overall. He's been the most popular choice for a Kirby newcomer since Smash 4. His name came up quite frequently during the ballot period, especially in Japan. The fan polls we've seen have shown him placing quite highly, and they've been generally good indicators of what, we think, the Smash team saw on the ballot. With this information, it's unlikely he was ignored altogether this game. Keeping that in mind, it seems realistic to expect that he at least managed to nab a role as an Assist Trophy. However, it seems like we know of a majority of the ATs at this point, given that we were told there's 50+, and he's nowhere to be seen. Not only that, but the Kirby series is currently sitting at two confirmed ATs, with more than likely a third unless Nightmare was cut for some reason. While there's obviously no set-in-stone limit for how many ATs a series can have, I don't really expect them to flood the pool with characters from a series that isn't massive, like Mario or Zelda. The only factor that's keeping me from rating him higher is that we're at a point where we're very uncertain of how many newcomers are left to be revealed.
He's my most wanted newcomer and has been for several years now. Kirby is one of my favourite Nintendo series and I love both Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees in general. He would likely bring a pretty unique playstyle, being a tiny character with large disjointed attacks. He's the one character I've been a huge advocate for playable status.

Magolor
Magolor doesn't have a whole lot going for him compared to Bandana Dee. Similar to Bandana Dee, he's got some popularity on his side, but most of it comes from Japan. Even then, from what we've seen, it seems like Japanese fans still prefer Bandana Dee over him. The one edge he has over Bandana Dee I can really see is that he serves as a better representative for the modern Kirby games. Many Kirby fans have complained that Sakurai seems to have some sort of bias toward titles he created. It's likely that came up frequently in the comments area of ballot votes for Kirby characters such as Bandana Dee and Magolor. I can see a scenario where Sakurai decided to choose a Kirby character that he played absolutely no part in creating to appease this fan request. However, I don't feel as though that's likely, as that would involve passing up another character with very high popularity in a game all about fanservice.
Want: 45%
I'm not the biggest fan of Magolor, but I do like his design. The pretty low want score is mostly just a "not before Bandana Dee" kind of thing. I have some friends that like him quite a bit, so it would be nice to see them happy. Personally, I'd rather see him as a boss, so he could use his Master Crown form for attacks. I don't really see something like that making it into a playable character's moveset.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Bandana Dee

Chance: ABSTAIN

I think he's the only Kirby newcomer with a real shot of happening, but I'm not sure exactly where to put him as of now.

Want: 60%

Yeah I dunno. I'm a big Kirby fan, I've beaten every main game, I like Bandana Dee enough as a character, but I just don't have a strong opinion on him in Smash. He's a fine choice and I'd be happy for his fans, but it's really just a "ok, cool" addition for me. Maybe I just think the series is ok with the three we have.

Magolor

Chance: 1%

Seems popular in Japan, but Bandana Dee beats him handily overall. Bandana Dee has also been around more in general, so I don't really see Magolor getting over him, and I strongly doubt we'd get two Kirby characters even if we get one.

Want: 70%

Again, I'm fine with Kirby as is yet wouldn't be bothered by another, though to be completely honest I'd probably like Magolor more. Return to Dream Land is one of my favorite Kirby games, and I think he could be interesting.

Nominations: Gardevoir x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If you have nothing useful to say, don't post. Criticism is welcome. Overreacting to a post without giving a legitimately useful point is not.
Bandana Waddle Dee

I don't want Bandana Dee in Smash, and I'm very concerned that he is announced each time a Direct shows up. I fear he's announced, because of all the people who are begging Sakurai to add him.
But realistically, he has a very little chance of appearing.
A character who's identity is defined by an hat and partially by a weapon... you can't even give him the iconic sailor hat because it's not "Bandana" anymore.
It's not just that. Toad is a similar character. Toad has always been very requested over the years, I think he was the most wanted along with Sonic in Melee, too. Despite this, Sakurai never included Toad. Those characters who are "just a generic villager of the game's kingdom" are something that Sakurai seems to not want in the roster. I fear that Sakurai goes crazy and adds him, though that's very unlikely, not before Toad at least.
If you are lucky, you'll probably get your Bandana Waddle Dee trophy in the gallery, along with the one of every other Dream Friend from Kirby Star Allies.

There is only 1 character who I actually don't want in Smash, and that's Bandana Waddle Dee.
A filler character who's been added as a 4th player in a game, a character who's made out of recycled assets, who is very unexpressive (he has like only 3 facial expressions in total), who has the most boring design ever seen in all Nintendo.
A character who has very weak moveset potential, and that comes from 1 specific ability of Kirby.
A character who never did anything consistent in the series, he's just shoehorned everywhere for no reason.
The Kirby series has way better options, and Bandana Waddle Dee is the most boring, the worst they can come with.
As a Kirby fan, I want to see more Kirby characters in Smash, and Bandana Waddle Dee is just there to steal the spot from the other more interesting characters; I think this character is a missed opportunity for every Kirby fan, people should jump out from the bandwagon and support the characters they actually like, not this one only because "it's more likely" or "it makes sense", also because it actually doesn't make any.

Magolor

He was one of the most voted characters in the ballot and he's very popular in Japan. Bandana Waddle Dee has more support, but for the reasons I explained above, I can't see him happening, and when I see it, it's just a nightmare.
I think he's the most likely Kirby newcomer (excluding a Metaknight echo), and I can totally see him being a newcomer along with a load of salt from the Bandana Dee fans.
He was just a final boss in one game, but over the years HAL started including and referencing him more and more, in more games (and I'm not talking of cameos, I'm talking of lore).
He's basically the face of the modern series of Kirby, and anyone who follows the Kirby series and is not biased for Bandana Waddle Dee knows this.
It's both likely and makes sense, it's just that people refuse to accept the thruth.
I said 50% because I think that, after all, it's possible that Kirby won't get any newcomer at all.

I'm not a fan of Magolor. There are other characters who I like more.
Adeleien & Ribbon, Dark Matter, and even Marx.
Magolor makes sense as a newcomer, I'd be ok with him, but it's not my dream choice.
There isn't much more to say... he has some basic moveset potential, he's a wizard... nothing special but at least he has source material for specials and a credible final smash.
If he is announced, I would at least be happy that Kirby is getting something, and that the something in question is not an overrated reskin of a "dumb mob" .
By far the saltiest and most biased post I've seen in a while.

It was literally just insults, lies, exaggeration and "he is a Goomba with a hat and I hate him because he completely destroys Adeleine's chances" lol.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Heck, why not.
Note: I'm trying not to factor in unconfirmed information, regardless of how likely or unlikely it may be. This is my first time participating in this thread and I'd prefer my "chance" scores to represent what I think regarding their suitability for Smash in general and what is currently known to be in the game, not how many spots are supposedly left.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Chance: 50% (1/2) - Literal coin toss. He's definitely popular, has clear moveset potential, and would be a great choice for Kirby due to his history, but there are a few potential issues that could hold him (and new Kirby representation in general) back. On top of that, time is running out for everyone in Ultimate.
Want: 95% - Would absolutely love him, but 100% is reserved for my number one pick.

Magolor
Chance: 6.25% (1/16) - If Bandana Dee can't make the cut, then it's likely that no Kirby character will, but he would be an indisputable modern Kirby rep and he maintains some popularity in Japan. Unfortunately, while it started bright and held on longer than most, his star has noticeably faded over the past few years.
Want: 5% - I don't mind him, and he makes more sense than most potential picks for the series, but I'd rather finish off the recurring quartet first.

I was going to go into more detail on these two because I'm Kirby a nerd, but a few other posts have covered it very well. (Though it is worth noting that Magolor isn't a one-shot, even if he does have only one major appearance in a main Kirby game.)

No nominations because I don't know what to nominate at the moment.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee
Chance - 50%
I'm stuck on Toad still failing to break away as his own character while Bandana Dee would be promoted? I don't know if I see it really, but there was that "prize" he was mentioned to be getting, so things could turn around for him? But I think we're reaching the end of the road overall. I have some hope that maybe 1-2 characters could be on the back of the box though. (Geno is my bet if one is)
Want - 95%
He's pretty cute and the spear could be fun. He's one that is still floating that could make sense at this point. I'd be happy he might be a positive sign for the fate of Toad if/when there is future games that maybe the little guys can break free when deserving.

Magalor
Chance - 5%
Didn't hear about this guy much till here. I feel if he gets anything... it's AT or Boss.
Want - 40%
He could be pretty interesting like Marx. But since I found out about him late into the prediction game, it's kind of hard to build hype for someone this late into the prediction game.

A pokemon from a band new game and a random echo? By far yes.

And sakurai has stated he is pulling from what people wanted/voted. Why show those early amd end of ****ing ken?!
One thing that irks me with this is that Sakurai reveals them based on the order he placed them in the game I always thought? So it doesn't matter who is the last released in terms of hype?

Also besides the inner echo chamber of Smash speculation, some of these other characters are literal nobodies outside of it. Pokemon and Street Fighter would easily cause bigger hype overall than some other popular picks on here.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee: Chance 25% - Not out of the realm of possibility, but he does not have the appeal outside of his fanbase, and is mostly regional in his appeal. He scored decently well on the Japanese poll, but does Kirby warrant a fourth character?
Want - 10% - Very indifferent towards him.

Magolor: Chance 2% - Can't see him getting in over Bandana Dee in any respect, and I seriously doubt 2 new Kirby reps. Character is also pretty new and generic.
Want 0% - There's better Kirby choices, lots of cute designs whereas Magolor doesnt hold that same charm.

31fps

Banned via Warnings
Just saying this but Bandana Dee got leaked in almost every report and one of them has to be right, since they all have been so far....
Other than that they placed 4th and 7th on Japanese polls which proves they're popular. But Sakurai is too afraid of people calling out bias so he's probably not going to. Which is sad, since they're some of the best choices I can think of.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just saying this but Bandana Dee got leaked in almost every report and one of them has to be right, since they all have been so far....
Other than that they placed 4th and 7th on Japanese polls which proves they're popular. But Sakurai is too afraid of people calling out bias so he's probably not going to. Which is sad, since they're some of the best choices I can think of.
Let me get this straight.
-Bandanna Dee is likely because he got ‘leaked’ by most ‘leakers’.
-One ‘leak’ has to be right.
-All ‘leaks’ have been right so far (!!!)
-Bandanna Dee placed fourth and seventh on two unspecified Japanese polls (gotta quote them sources mate!)
-Two polls proves a character is popular.
-Sakurai is afraid of people calling him biased.
-Can’t tell if you think Bandanna Dee is likely or unlikely.
Is that what you’re saying?

31fps

Banned via Warnings
Let me get this straight.
-Bandanna Dee is likely because he got ‘leaked’ by most ‘leakers’.
-One ‘leak’ has to be right.
-All ‘leaks’ have been right so far (!!!)
-Bandanna Dee placed fourth and seventh on two unspecified Japanese polls (gotta quote them sources mate!)
-Two polls proves a character is popular.
-Sakurai is afraid of people calling him biased.
-Can’t tell if you think Bandanna Dee is likely or unlikely.
Is that what you’re saying?
To sum it up, everyone seems to want him or think he's in. But knowing Sakurai that's probably not possible.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Bandana Dee and the other guy: Chance: 20%

There seems to be very limited newcomer slots left, and he's not going to make it in with such tough competition. Had we had a huge newcomer list it would have been a different story. After Incineroar, he's competing with Geno, Isaac, Dixie, Skull Kid, maybe even Banjo, etc.

Just no room.
I don't believe that "no room" is a valid argument, and it doesn't put your post in a great light where you bunch both Bandana Dee and Magolor into the same explanation without bothering to give specific reasoning for either. Finally, calling Magolor the "other guy" removes any accreditation one may have had for your post; you can't say he won't get in without bothering to add his actual name. I don't think that this rate should be included in the final tally if the post is left as is. If you could edit the post and provide reasoning, that would be a really appreciated step towards crediting your rate, thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom