• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Krystal

Chance: 5%

Her absence in Star Fox Zero does hurt. I don't see her making it in unless she scored particularly high on the ballot, which I honestly doubt.

Want: 15%

Prediction: Rex and Pyra - 72.5%

I'm probably going to be less optimistic than some others here.

Nomination: Shulk x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Krystal

Chance: 1%

Krystal has about nothing going for her. She's not from a relevant franchise, with Star Fox Zero flopping and seemingly no plans for a new Star Fox in the future, she's not even very relevant in said franchise, being left out of any recent releases said franchise had has, and even in the rare case Star Fox DOES get another character, it'll most likely just be Wolf.

She has the :4lucario: audience, I guess?

Want: 0%

Not interested in her, or any game she appears in.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well well... What we do have here? A old desired character that had being forgotten for her series. I feel a bit upset for her fans.

Krystal

Chance: 10%

Krystal nowadays lives for the Smash Ballot and some of the old interviews with Sakurai... Because her own franchise seems to have decanonized her. I can't believe we're right now in a time where I actually (without any bias) find more likely a old Fire Emblem character like Lyn or Micaiah than her... A lot has changed... eh?

Want: 50%

I'm very neutral with her... A bit weird considering the character was known to be divisive in the past (and probably still nowadays).

_____

Predicitons: Rex & Pyra: 45.6% (this will be a railroad... a very fun one).

Nominations:
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x3
Celica (Fire Emblem) x2

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Crystal Shards
Not with Wolf as competition and Star Fox Zero was a thing (a thing she wasn't even in, mind you.). Star Fox going from 2 to 4 characters sounds like an extremely implausible possibility.

She's popular, but I'm certain Wolf has better marks than her and a fairly good shot at returning at that. Her chance to get in has passed imo.

Want: Abstain
Frankly I would prefer Wolf because he's a veteran. I really don't care too much for her.

Nominations: Celica x5.

I don't do predictions but I'm honestly a bit surprised people are predicting a bit low for Rex/Pyra - to be honest, Pyra/Rex in some capacity I'd say is very much one of the hard locks for this game in terms of newcomers.

Troykv

Smash Master
Crystal Shards
Not with Wolf as competition and Star Fox Zero was a thing (a thing she wasn't even in, mind you.). Star Fox going from 2 to 4 characters sounds like an extremely implausible possibility.

She's popular, but I'm certain Wolf has better marks than her and a fairly good shot at returning at that. Her chance to get in has passed imo.

Want: Abstain
Frankly I would prefer Wolf because he's a veteran. I really don't care too much for her.

Nominations: Celica x5.

I don't do predictions but I'm honestly a bit surprised people are predicting a bit low for Rex/Pyra - to be honest, Pyra/Rex in some capacity I'd say is very much one of the hard locks for this game in terms of newcomers.
I have my doubts because Rex & Pyra are too new. Micaiah fan talking about understanding that subject.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Krystal

Her prime seems to be long gone. She was ignored in Star Fox Zero, which left her future in the franchise uncertain, especially since Zero was a flop in and of itself. Her fanbase, while still present, is not as strong as it once was. Finally, as a Star Fox character Wolf has taken precedence when it comes to fan want for the game, leaving her with little to spare. She's not impossible as she does have a unique moveset that can be revisited for consideration, but considering the state both she and her franchise are in, it's not looking good for her in the slightest.

Want: 10%
The moveset would be cool, but I don't really care for the character.

Nominations:
Lycanroc x3
Decidueye x1
Celica x1

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Character from Dinosaur Plan....err...Star Fox :)

Chance: 20%

Star Fox has been put in the corner thanks to the performance of SFZ on the Wii U not to mention she wasn't even apart of that game. With that taken in to account, relevancy is not on Krystal's side and we know how important the so called "window of opportunity" is for newcomers to have. However, Krystal is still a very popular character among Smash fans and unlike most prospective newcomers, Sakurai has actually admitted that he considered her for the game at one point. Those two factors along with her potential Ballot placement makes me feel she's worthy of having a 20% chance.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that she faces stiff competition from Wolf who has easier access to the game with his vet status. That also doesn't help Krystal's chances though i'm willing to still give her a 20% chance.

Want: 50%

Like some other characters voted here, i'm indifferent. I think she can have a unique niche on the roster though.

Prediction: Rex and Pyra

Chance: 88%
Want: 77%

Nomination (aren't I lucky today?)

Andy X 4
Concept: Advance Wars CO X 2
Masked Link X 2
Agumon X 2

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Krystal
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

She was basically written out of her own series, Zero flopped, and Star Fox would be lucky to get Wolf back.

Predicting a 55% for Rex and Pyra
Nominating Celica x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Krystal Chance: 5%
Only giving out more than a flat zero solely because Sakurai can be unpredictable. That said, her best chances of ever getting into Smash was all the way back in Brawl, back when her fandom was noteworthy and when Star Fox wasn't in the position it is in now.

Want: 25%
I used to be really against her, and while my opinions on her are much better than what they once were, I still would rather not see her in Smash. Her moveset potential sounds rather limited and thus has a good chance at being boring, but I guess Sakurai could still do something cool with it.

... I still would just much rather have Wolf come back and nothing else from Star Fox though.

Rex & Pyra Predictions: 80%

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

Troykv

Smash Master
Krystal
Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

She was basically written out of her own series, Zero flopped, and Star Fox would be lucky to get Wolf back.

Predicting a 55% for Rex and Pyra
Nominating Celica x5
Do you know what? I'm actually interested in see what do you people will say about Celica; I'll start giving her some noms just to make her arrive to the top faster

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Krystal

Chance: 0%
Krystal's game was by far the least popular in the series, and she's not even in the reboot. There's no way she's getting in.

Please never come back.

Rex & Pyra prediction: 50%

Nominations:
Funky Kong x3
Travis Touchdown x2

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Krystal
To me, Krystal is pretty much King K. Rool 2.0, but without the massive support and series importance that the Kremling King has. Not only was she excluded from Star Fox Zero (which bombed), but her last appearance was 10 years ago in Command. Brawl was the time for Krystal to appear, but she didn't. If we are getting any Star Fox character, it will be Wolf. Popular, veteran, and is therefore easier to make. Only reason why I put her at 1% is only if Sakurai really wants to put her in as the surprise character, but I doubt it.
Want: 5%
Wouldn't mind her being in the game, but therd are plenty of other better choices to go with, such as Wolf.
Prediction:
Rex & Pyra Chance: 64%
Nominations:
Concept: Recycled Artwork: x3
Dr. Eggman: x2

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Krystal

Chance- 20%
Now isn't a good time for Star Fox in general. The most recent game was a flop, Star Fox lost a character over the course of Smash 4. If we were speculating in the Brawl days I'd be more optimistic, but this character hasn't appeared since her cameos in Brawl/4. Wolf may be likely, but I just don't see Krystal happening. Very similar case to Isaac, but he at least doesn't have to compete with other characters from his game.

Want- 1%
I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in this character. I played and really enjoyed Star Fox SNES, 64, and Assault (I even struggled through the dreadful Star Fox Zero and cleared it, too; a feat not many have attempted but even fewer have accomplished), but Wolf is more important to me at this moment. Yeah, the moveset potential is there, but I just don't see anything there that can't be accomplished by another character. That's not to say I hate the character, because then I would've given her a 0% in the want. I just think there are plenty of fish in the Smash Bros sea bigger than this one.

Rex And Pyra- 54.17%

Banjo & Kazooie X 2
Doomguy X 3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Chance 5%

She's not relevant to Nintendo anymore basicly but still gets a couple of supporters though she doesn't have the atvantages as king k rool has and that's the fans level is huge and also he was easily either number 2 or 3 on the ballot votes and got a costume.

Want 10%

I don't know her at all to be honest but I do know her though.

Nominations

Viridi 5x

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Krystal

Awkward mid-twothousands character starring in three Star Fox games most people don't remember. Hasn't been in a Starfox game since Command over 10 years ago. Also don't recall her having a huge following in the ballot days.

Want: 20%

No experience with any Starfox with her in it.
Would be kinda happy for her supporters.
Didn't their OP pass away years ago? Respect to that guy.

Predictions: Rex and Pyra 79.4%

Nominations: Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Not only was she excluded from Star Fox Zero (which bombed), but her last appearance was 10 years ago in Command.
Which also bombed, at least in Japan.

Awkward mid-twothousands character starring in three Star Fox games most people don't remember. Hasn't been in a Starfox game since Command over 10 years ago. Also don't recall her having a huge following in the ballot days.
Well, their support topic has survived despite everything.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Krystal

Chances 45% I think she might have some measure of trouble getting in however, I think Krystal could be the most unique Starfox character so, she still has a strong enough chance. If she can be made with a unique move set she could really be an enticing character even to someone like Sakurai.

Want 75%: I think she'd be the most interesting Starfox character we could get as she is the least likely to be a clone. I haven't really played any Starfox games other than a bit of Adventures so, I might be a bit biased.

Nominations: (same as always ;P)
Jibanyan 2x
Midna 2x
Skull Kid 1x

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Krystal

Chance: 3%

The only way Krystal is getting into the game is if she performed extremely well on the Smash ballot. As far as I can tell, the best argument for her inclusion is that she would be a unique Star Fox character. I do not think Sakurai considers that a quota that needs to be met, and even if that were the case, there are several characters more important to the series than she is.

Sorry, but I want Wolf back, and I don't see the next game putting them both in.

Prediction for Rex and Pyra: 37%

Nominating Bomberman x5

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
The time has come.

Krystal

I mean to me this is a realistic chance for her especially when she hasn't appear in a game for a long time and the only thing that gives her a slight edge is the ballot but to be honest that is probably not enough so sadly she most likely won't show up in this new smash/port unless Sakurai surprise us but I doubt it. At least we will get Wolf.

Want:100%

Second most wanted character and been supporting her since brawl plus a big fan of the starfox franchise since a kid. I always thought she could be great character if build correctly since she seems mysterious including her race that we don't know much about, I guess we will never know until we get a possible new starfox that rework and redesign her to fit in the universe. Other than that, I could see her having interesting moveset involving bo staff combo attack which is why I think she could be great addition.

D

Deleted member

Actually I'm gonna give reasons right now.
For chance, her dying fanbase is literally all she's got going for her, and there are characters that scored well there that probably have higher priority. Everything else has already been said.

For want, I'm actually changing it to 1%. I'm not a huge fan of Star Fox despite thoroughly enjoying Star Fox 64, but based on Somecallmejohnny's reviews I don't really see the appeal of her character. She was a damsel in distress in Adventures and a ***** in Command (I didn't have enough information to learn about her personality in Assault). Maybe her Adventures outfit is what draws people to her? I dunno.
And I don't think there has to be a unique Star Fox character just because they're all based on Fox. There's a reason as to why it's like that. Plus I feel that Humanoid Andross or even Slippy could make for more interesting characters.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Krystal

Chance: 10%

I feel like her time has passed in terms of her shot for Smash. She was absent from Star Fox Zero, a game also that didn't sell very well, and she has to compete with the likes of Wolf to even be considered at this point. The only thing really going for her is her popularity amongst the Star Fox fans, but from what I've seen, even that has dwindled over time.

Want: 40%

I see the potential, and she is kinda cool, but I'm mostly indifferent regarding her inclusion.

------

Predictions

Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles): 71.41%

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still very fresh and relevant.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x5

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Don't even wanna waste my time on this character so my typical format will be thrown out the window.

I give her a 5% chance and this is me being generous. While I may consider myself a furry, I'm not the type to obsess over trash when I see it. This character fits that bill. Introduced as a love interest for Fox, one can arguably say that ever since her appearance, the series diminished in quality. A love story has no place in such a pretentiously corny and quirky series like StarFox. This split opinion already lowers her chances, and her effectively being irrelevant and possibly written out of existence only lowers it even more.

TL;DR: Not this time, Sister.

I do not wish to see obvious furry bait which had barely any character besides being a plot device in my Smash game, tainting what was once a good series.

As for Rex & **** McGee # 28947, I give them a prediction of 78%

Nominations

Kamek x3
Waluigi x2

D

Deleted member

Krystal is ded
Don't even wanna waste my time on this character so my typical format will be thrown out the window.

I give her a 5% chance and this is me being generous. While I may consider myself a furry, I'm not the type to obsess over trash when I see it. This character fits that bill. Introduced as a love interest for Fox, one can arguably say that ever since her appearance, the series diminished in quality. A love story has no place in such a pretentiously corny and quirky series like StarFox. This split opinion already lowers her chances, and her effectively being irrelevant and possibly written out of existence only lowers it even more.

TL;DR: Not this time, Sister.

I do not wish to see obvious furry bait which had barely any character besides being a plot device in my Smash game, tainting what was once a good series.

As for Rex & **** McGee # 28947, I give them a prediction of 78%

Nominations

Kamek x3
Waluigi x2
You didn't really explain why you gave her such a low chance and you didn't give a want score

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dymand

Odds: 3%. Dead, Minor Series, and she wasn't even in the most recent game.

Want: 0%. Give back Wolf and leave it at that. This series doesn't deserve 4 characters until Kirby gets 4.

Nomanations: Kamek x 3, Marx x2.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Krystal

If we were to get a Star Fox newcomer I guess she'd be the most likely? But I don't see that happening. With Star Fox Zero's poor reception and her not even being in that game her chances are slim.

Want: 5%

Don't care for her. I guess it'd be nice having another Star Fox character that doesn't use the same general moveset, but I'm just not a fan of her.

Nominations:

Labo Related Character x5

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Alright...day eleven. The vulpine token female.

Krystal

Chance:5%

Well, most have already stated my reasons. I simply cannot see this happening, short of a madcap Sakurai episode. Which, honestly, is not that farfetched...still, 5% she gets.

I wouldn't object, but I don't much care. Had she been the star of the game she was originally made for, I might have liked her way more. But as it stands, she is little more than a female who seems to exist just to add such representation to Star Fox. Which she didn't do all that well, in my opinion. I guess Nintendo agrees, as she was left out of Zero.

And so it seems Star Fox will forever be a sausage fest.:rolleyes:

Prediction: Rex & Pyra

Chance: 69.99%

Nominations

Marx x5

(Side note: my phone's autocorrect now knows to put Marx after "nominations," which is awesome.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Krystal

Pros: The ballot was taken during a period of time when she had decent vocal support.

Cons: Wolf was removed and is a bigger fan favourite amongst the Smash fanbase.
Star Fox bombed spectacularly on Wii U
Krystal wasn't even in said latest Star Fox
Star Fox isn't as popular as it once was.
Krystal herself is a pretty polarizing character amongst the fanbase from what I've heard.
The series reboot...Krystal may not even exist in the current Star Fox franchise.

She's definitely missed her primetime to get in sadly.

My want for her decreased after Wolf was removed. She's still a semi prominent female character and could have a different moveset from the rest of the species but Bandana Dee is more my go to for a spear wielder these days.

Nomination: Zelda Newcomer X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Krystal

Chance - 0.5% - A dying fan base for a franchise currently on shaky ground with her last appearance being a decade ago. Tell me why she would be included, especially when there is probably a vet with higher priority?

Want - 35% - Vaguely interested, but to be honest I'd rather have other Star Fox character back rather than her.

Prediciton

Rex & Pyra - 57.34% - Dunno, but they're relatively good.

Nominations

Anna X5

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
To be fair, Star Fox 2 has Kat and the other girl
Yeah, I did consider Kat, but she's not only relatively uninteresting (and a bit cliche,) but she's also not a main character. Star Fox is severely lacking in interesting female main characters. The Star Fox 2 girls seemed better, but I don't have any experience with them (couldn't grab an SNES mini.) Nor have they yet appeared in a modern title.

And as for the other girl...I thought there was another one, but clearly, she's not interesting enough for either of us to remember her, lol.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Krystal
Chance: 2%
Most of my would-be points has already been stated. But I'll go ahead and repeat: Starfox lost a character in Smash 4.
We're talking a newcomer (who wasn't even in the latest game, which bombed) in a franchise that lost a character? I don't see it, even with the ballot and moveset potential.

Want: Abstained
I'm completely neutral on Krystal. All I know is that I want Wolf back first.

Prediction: Rex & Pyra
Chance: 79%
Want: 65%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

Damn, I wonder how these scores compare to previous RTCs.

This seems like a huge drop in both categories.
:061:
Yeah. Interesting how the scores dropped for characters like Krystal and Issac vs. the now higher scores for characters like Bandana Dee and Captain Toad.

Dymand

Odds: 3%. Dead, Minor Series, and she wasn't even in the most recent game.

Want: 0%. Give back Wolf and leave it at that. This series doesn't deserve 4 characters until Kirby gets 4.

Nomanations: Kamek x 3, Marx x2.
And DK. Kirby and Donkey Kong need 4 reps before we even talk about Starfox getting a newcomer imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seeing people talking about how x franchise can't get a certain amount of characters until y franchise does makes me want to smash my keyboard

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Seeing people talking about how x franchise can't get a certain amount of characters until y franchise does makes me want to smash my keyboard
It's an opinion that has zero impact on the actual game.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Krystal
Chance: 2%
Wasn't in Zero, and therefore hardly relevant.
I have no interest in her at all.

Noms:
Professor Layton x5

Prediction:
Rex and Pyra: 65%

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Krystal

The thing with Krystal is she hasn't had a major role in like a decade, and Star Fox's last game was a bit of a flop, and she didn't get any more recognition in Smash 4 than she had in Brawl.

She would add more female representation and she could have a unique move set, but that applies to a lot of characters.

I think the return of Wolf is about as much as a Star Fox fan can hope for (and I would appreciate it since I liked playing as him), while Krystal doesn't have much chance. BUT if Star Fox did get a newcomer, it would probably be her, as she's more compelling as an inclusion than Slippy or Peppy or Andross.

Krystal chances: 2%
It's highly unlikely that Star Fox would get Wolf back AND a newcomer unless we're getting a large roster expansion (and/or significant cuts to open up more slots), but I also think it's unlikely they would choose to add Krystal but not Wolf... Wolf is huge competition for her, and she wouldn't be that likely even if he wasn't a problem for her. There will be much crying in Yiff-town.

Krystal want: 30%
She could be interesting, and Smash is a bit too male dominated. But I would rather have Wolf back, probably (subject to revision upon seeing her in action). But TBH I wouldn't be bothered if they cut Falco, brought back Wolf and added Krystal.

One final note on Star Fox:
And so it seems Star Fox will forever be a sausage fest.:rolleyes:
You may or may not be disappointed to learn that Falco (and Slippy) ain't got no sausage. They would have cloacae ;)

Rex & Pyra prediction: 60%

Nominations:
Roy x5

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
One final note on Star Fox:
You may or may not be disappointed to learn that Falco (and Slippy) ain't got no sausage. They would have cloacae ;)
Touche I suppose, lol. I was referring to the male gender in general, but that certainly was more...anatomically correct. :laugh:

Top Bottom