• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
LLOYD IRVING
CHANCES 47%
The Tales franchise is a long running staple in the JRPG genre, it's definitely a more influential series than Bayonetta which got a character. I believe some of you are underestimating his chances by a big amount but he does have some hurdles in his path to He has a Mii costume and during early Smash 4 speculation for potential Bandai Namco reps, Lloyd's name came up alot which definitely proves his popularity especially with the eventual reveal of his Lloyd's Mii costume. Sakurai has even said in an interview that Lloyd was the best option for a Mii costume out of any other character meaning he is highly desired by the Smash team. This can be a Cloud situation where the most iconic protagonist in the series was chosen, the Tales series is nowhere near as popular as Final Fantasy so who knows if that's possible for him. He's a fan favorite newcomer in SSF2 which could lead to more people wanting him to be in Smash thus more possible ballot votes. He does have a problem with other Namco competition like Heihachi who was confirmed to be planned by Sakurai and the limited newcomers this time as there are characters that are much more desired than him. Relevancy may play a factor but who knows.

WANT -67%
I've played the beginning of ToS on the GC and I like what I've played so far. Dual swords are an interesting niche that haven't been added in Smash and I loved his SSF2 moveset which is incredibly fun
Lloyd Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.JPG

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lloyd chances: 8%
Giving third-party candidates a low score as usual. He's fairly popular I guess and is owned by Namco, and would be one possible candidate to be a modern Namco rep rather than the retro Pac-Man. Having a Mii costume as Smash 4 DLC also plays in his favor I think. I'm not sure he stands out that much compared to other third-party choices.

Lloyd want: 0%
I have no connection to the series and no particular interest in seeing the series get playable representation. I don't think I would hate it, but the opportunity cost of including him over choices I think would be more interesting prevents me to give a higher score than that.

Monster Hunter character prediction: 13.55%

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Lloyd Irving

Chance 15%

This one is very weird... Being a bit old and unused character recently should make him an unlikely choice... But... He was recognized in the Smash DLC... What I can say? XD

Want: 50%

I'm neutral.

______

Predictions:

Monster Hunter: 16.7%

Nominations:

Ayumi Tachibana x3
Adeleine x2

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lloyd Irving

Chance: Abstain
Want: 0%

Never touched his series.

Nominations
Rowlet x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
llyod
chance
another 3rd party that is semi popular I think with a limited roster wwe well get extreme fan demanded 3rd party charcters and I just don't see him making the cut
15%

want
yeah want more 3rd party charcters more and that should be in before him
5%

prediciting
monster hunter rep at 11%

nominating Labo man x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Lloyd Irving

Want: Abstain

His is a name and series I only know from second-hand accounts. I don't have anything to add about it, except a reminder that a generous heap of third-parties may be less likely than we think.

Prediction
Monster Hutner rep: 6%

Nominations
Viridi x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Lloyd

Chance: 25%
He fares pretty decently for a third-party character. Namco is back on board with making the game and he hold a decent amount of popularity. Plus, he did get a Mii costume last time, so it's not like he's an unknown.

Want: Abstain
I really know zilch about this character. The swords do make me a little leery, so I do hope he has more going for him that just that.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 20%
A popular character owned by Namco from the Tales series nya. If we're ever to get a Tales character, he's certainly front seat nya. We got a mii costume of him in ssb4, whether or nyot this means anything ... I haven't the slightest idea nyaa~

Want: 55%
I liked ToS, and would be happy to see him, but I'm nyot asking for him nya. Duel wielding would be pretty cool nya~

Nyominations
Brinstar Depths (Stage): x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Quick one today, no noms or predictions.

Lloyd Irving

Chance: 10%

Has some requests, Namco is in, was a Mii costume last time. Uncertain if we'll get a second Namco character, Heihachi would be likely to be ahead of him.

I'm completely indifferent.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm not going to rate Lloyd as I don't know him or his games well enough to say one way or the other. I do like his appearance, and a dual sword user is pretty damn cool (Not quite three sword style like Zoro from One Piece, but he's sure as hell not getting in, so I'll take the next closest).

Though, he kind of does epitomize generic anime swordsman that people complain about. Do I care about such things or think he's actually that generic? No. Would I laugh my ass off at the possible aftermath of his reveal if he is perceived as such? Absolutely.

Gamer-YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 40%
Tales of Symphonia is considered to be one of the best Tales games by many, and he's honestly the best choice for a rep other than someone from Vesperia. However, the game is old, so I can see that not happening.

I'd be fine with him, but I wouldn't care if he didn't get in. My friend on the other hand...

Prediction:
Monster Hunter: 20%

Nominations:
Sub-Zero x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Neku Sakaruba x320
Fawful x299
Tails x290
Parabo & Satebo x267
Ayumi Tachibana x264
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x262
Tetra x254

Over 200:

Kamek x252
Wonder Red x252
Primarina x240
Ryu Hayabusa x235
Scorpion x231
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Labo Guy/Robot x220
Katrielle Layton x208

199-150

Dragonite x192
Balloon Fighter x190
Ray x188
DeMille x183
Django x180
Concept: Female Announcer x180
Papyrus x175
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x160
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Tsubasa Oribe x150
Louie x150

149-100

Incineroar x140
Barbara x122
Rowlet x120
Nihilego x120
Nikki x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
2B x111
Concept: Hanafuda character x109
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x108
Raiden x105
Neptune x105
Susie x104
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x100

99-75

Viewtiful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Ninten x93
Concept: Style Savvy character x93
Klonoa x87
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x85
Tora & Poppi x82
Viridi x78
Ken x77
Fjorm x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Rick/Coo/Kine x69
Yu Narakumi x66
Breidablik Item x65
Zeraora (Pokémon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x60
Concept: All-Star Versus x59
Slime x58
Concept: Wars character x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Concept: More than five unique newcomers x50

49-26:

Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Edelgard x40
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x40
Chorus Kids x35
Concept: Chun-Li as an assist trophy x35
Tapu Koko x30
Medusa x30
[Rerate] Spyro x25
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x25
Item: Beast Ball x25

Under 25:

Terry Bogard x17
Daroach x17
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Saber x15
Stage: Poke Floats x15
Stage: Brinstar Depths x15
Frank West x15
Adeleine x14
Sub-Zero x12
Master Chief x10
Xenoblade X Avatar/Cross x10
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x10
Stage: Fountain of Dreams x10
Concept: SR388 stage x5
Alm x5
Nia x5
Earthworm Jim x5
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Alexandra Roivas x5
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x5
Jin Kazama x5
Break the Targets x5

Changes:

Small day, but changes aplenty!

Ayumi breaks into the top 7 into 5th. Tetra also moves up to 7th with both Kamek and Wonder Red falling out of it.
Reinhardt breaks 100 noms
Viridi and Ken break 75 noms
Spyro, Beast Ball, and a concept break 25 noms
New additions: Jin Kazama and Break the Targets (both x5)

-----------------------------

If we get a 2nd Namco representative is a question to ask. Capcom and SEGA may have gotten that deal, but it does not mean everyone will. But the door is obviously open now.

Lloyd had a Mii costume in Smash 4. Whether or not it was down to mass demand is debatable, but it means that Namco are open to his inclusion down the line should Sakurai want to add another one of their characters in the series. Heihachi got the same treatment, however, and a 2nd Namco character would go down between those two it seems. I do believe Heihachi to be more iconic and relevant, but Lloyd would be stand out more within the roster. Depends which way they want to go here.

Nominating Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x5

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Oh boy, Finally.

Lloyd Irving

Chance: 87% (worries me, honestly)

Want: Literally 0. If I could go negative I would.

If there has been any franchise I've grown to loathe in recent years it's been the Tales Of series. Why you may ask? Well, for one Namco Bandai has pushed this series down my throat more than I can remember and most experiences with fans in the past have been unpleasant. Nevermind I have to already deal with Pac-Man not representing his well known series of games that made him relevant again post 1980. (Pac-Man World) Aside from having a generic design, His personality also didn't sound appealing to me. In fact it sounded outright annoying. (People even said my guess that he'd be like Naruto in terms of personality was accurate.) I'll literally take ANY other Namco character over another generic JRPG protagonist from a franchise that I've grown absolutely sick of. I'd actually be genuinely upset if he got in simply because of Namco's oversaturization of the Tales series over the past few years.

However, just to get people to shut up about me not playing the game, I emulated it and even with an open mind I got bored of it quickly. The combat in Tales isn't even anywhere near Smash. If anything it's more like Single Button Melee with the exception of the few special moves you can build up using your mana points you build up from constant slashing. "Oh but he dual wields" okay, look. If Master Chief got in Smash and he dual wielded weapons it wouldn't make him much if any different from him using single weapons in his moveset for an example. Not to mention most of Lloyd's attacks just consist of slashing and even has a move that resembles Marth's F-Smash.

I'm not even calling these games bad, I just don't like them and I am sick of having it shoved down my throat by Namco themselves. As much as I want Klonoa, I know he isn't likely but it'd just be rubbing salt into the wound representing this early 2000's game, yet not giving Pac-Man ANY material from the Pac-Man World games or representing their Early 2000's platforming glory days somehow else.

At this point I want any other Namco character that isn't Lloyd. I've had enough of the JRPG swordmen types and I want more mascot/platformy characters. This was one of the biggest complaints with Smash 4 to me, moreso when the DLC rolled around. Hell, I've seen sword characters that look far more unique than Lloyd.

...And finally, the steam from my soul has been released. u v u

Nominate: Neptune (Neptunia)

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 25%
I gotta admit, I really wanted Lloyd to be in Smash since SSB4 and I was really disappointed that he's only a Mii Costume. As for Ultimate, the only problem is that Lloyd might face competition with the likes of Heihachi/Jin from Tekken or Nightmare from Soul Calibur.

Want: 90%
Tales of Symphonia was one of the first games that I played on Gamecube and I loved Lloyd as a character.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 33%

Not too great of a chance, but he has one regardless. Is the Tales franchise still uprunning? Haven't seen a game on a Nintendo system for quite a while. And is he the main character in all the games? Or is he like Cloud? Regardless, there are bigger names of 3rd party characters, and I really don't see him being all too likely honestly.

Want: 1%

Am kinda curious about the franchise, but don't hold any vallue to this exact character honestly. If he'd be included, I hope at least some games will be released on Switch to make him more accesable to the Smash public.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 33%

Not too great of a chance, but he has one regardless. Is the Tales franchise still uprunning? Haven't seen a game on a Nintendo system for quite a while. And is he the main character in all the games? Or is he like Cloud? Regardless, there are bigger names of 3rd party characters, and I really don't see him being all too likely honestly.

Am kinda curious about the franchise, but don't hold any vallue to this exact character honestly. If he'd be included, I hope at least some games will be released on Switch to make him more accesable to the Smash public.
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Version is coming to all current platforms including Switch.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Version is coming to all current platforms including Switch.
Is Lloyd featured in this game? And also, can you play this game without playing the previous titles? Whats the gameplay like in the Tales franchise? With what Nintendo franchise could you compare the games?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Is Lloyd featured in this game? And also, can you play this game without playing the previous titles? Whats the gameplay like in the Tales franchise? With what Nintendo franchise could you compare the games?
No Tales of is like Final Fantasy in that the entries have nothing to do with each other story wise (usually) so Symphonia and Vesperia contain completely separate casts and stories.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Lloyd Irving
Chance: 9%
- He’s popular.
- He’s not Zelos.

Prediction
Monster Hunter: 29.4%

Nomination
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Lloyd

Chance abstain

Want 100%

Would not have a good guess for Chance due to how weird his sitch is. However Synphonia is a good game. Easily a top gc game pick it up.

Sorry for no calcs small emergency expect them tomorrow.

Also monster hunter rep concept rating. And predict Sakura shinguci.

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from Monster Hunter. Again, I'm sure the Mii Costume counts for something, but I don't feel I could give an accurate rating.

Though if MvCI is any indication, they could be cool in Smash.

Nomination: Spyro Rerate x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Monster Hunter
Chance 8%
A popular franchise but the character lacks identity and therefore isn't really iconic which I consider a necessity for third party franchises like the Monster Hunter. (Bayonetta is an exception because she's published worldwide by Nintendo now, she's essentially a Nintendo character now in everything except actual ownership)
Want 3%
Not interested, I have high standards for third party characters

Nominate Daroach x5

Prediction 3% no idea who this, just a shot in the dark

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Monster Hunter

Chance: 6%

Want: ABSTAINED

The character is a good choice for a 3rd Capcom rep. The series has gotten popular recently in America and of course being really popular in Japan. But this seemed to only happen after the roster was decided so I don't think they have a shot.

Sakura Prediction: 2.77%

Nominate Concept: More than 5 Unique Newcomers x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
MonHun rep (basically Monster Hunter unless they want one of those cat things representing the franchise)

It’s Capcom’s current cash cow, and even if they screwed Nintendo over with World the franchise has a big history on Nintendo consoles. At the same time, Resident Evil is more iconic and Phoenix Wright is more requested (and arguably more iconic as Monster Hunter doesn’t have a defined protagonist).

Want: 10%
Phoenix Wright or bust (with bust being Leon)

Prediction: I could google who Sakura Shinguji is, but I’m getting the feeling most people won’t and this is predicting other people’s votes sooo
1%

Nominations: Ayumi TachibanaX5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter
Chance - 30%
This is a pretty big series that is actually scoring a game on the Switch soon. (yay!) Capcom isn't shy on sharing this series either with it appearing in Smash 4 and Street Fighter as costumes. They also allow crossovers to Monster Hunter with Link;s outfit. I think the biggest counter to them getting in is the lack of a "face" of the series, but I think it's pretty clear Rathalos Armor Male is pretty much the face as the Rathalos itself has been a long serving staple to the series. And it's pretty cool looking.
ken_rathlos_cover-min-750x422.jpg

Want - 100%
Monster Hunter Tri is probably one of my favorite games I have played. It was something really fresh for me at the time and it was like exploring some new world. Not sure why, but it really stood out to me and I spent a lot of time in both solo and online play with me even starting over a new character at one point just to get to struggle at the start again. There's plenty of weapons in the game, so they could bring something new to the table as well. Part of the fun was trying different weapons against the different creatures, I started Sword & Shield but ended up maining Hammer and Lance. I'd run around with the most dapper outfit and try to get good enough to survive in it cause it's dapper and purple. It's also made from bugs... which isn't dapper... but boy do they make a pretty purple.
Bnahabra-Gunner.png

I enjoyed quite a few of the shocks in the game. The early on "simple" mission having the main mascot monster show up and attempt to murder you. I have a general dislike for deep water, so that itself was already a scary section of the map. Free roaming and running into surprise big monsters lurking about before I knew that was a thing. Deviljho making his uninvited entrance when I was starting to think I'd witnessed most or everything. Mustering the courage to jump off a waterfall in the Flooded Forest... though I can recall several times where I or my team was knocked off of it later on by big monsters to find another monster lurking below. Fun times, made some friends there for awhile. <3

I found out that the ported game is coming out on Switch this month, and I'm excited. There's also one coming out on PC, but that's always a risky business with specs.

Nominations 5x Incineroar

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Monster Hunter rep

I don't want another Capcom rep anyway, but I really do not care about Monster Hunter enough to want any kind of representation.

Nominations:
Primarina x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Monster Hunter Rep

Chance: 15%
Monster Hunter is the definition of a rising star when it comes to recent third party franchises. It started out modestly, with decent success in its first few titles, but once it made its way to the Wii with Tri it started to blow up in a big way. Outside of Tri (which sold over 1 million) and Generation U (which currently sold over 1.8 million combining sales between versions), every mainline Monster Hunter game has sold at least around 3 million in Japan alone, with Portable 3rd in particular selling nearly 5 million in the region. That's nothing to scoff at, especially for a franchise that was as long lived as those like Pokémon or Zelda. Its western numbers didn't fully blow up until World (which came out too late to have an effect on the base roster), but 4U and Generation owe at least over a million of their sales to the western regions, so even ignoring its breakout game it garnered a notable and growing fanbase among the west and its popularity would not be lopsided towards the Japanese.

Of course, that's just sales, in terms of its prominence it's also very notable. It's had crossovers with many games including FE, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Metal Gear, SF, Mega Man, Badge Academy and other such franchises, and it's cover style has been imitated by other games. Finally, it was also given a Mii Costume, so it's arguably already on Sakurai's radar at the moment. Ultimately, there's no denying that as a franchise it's left a mark despite its younger age, even if you remove World from the equation (which would probably be the case as it wasn't known until mid-2016, after Sakurai likely drafted the roster), it's been a franchise that's been huge in Japan and growing in the west, and among Nintendo fans it's certainly garnered a strong fanbase due to its history with the company's handhelds and outcries for the franchise to make some sort of return to the Switch in the future. Due to all these facts, its managed to make use of its short time in the world to make a name for itself, and that name can easily allow it to be chosen as a character for Smash.

The biggest potential issues are the lack of a 'face' like Cloud or Ryu, and the competition among other third parties. The latter is an issue, especially since third parties are a highly contestable bunch (especially with options like Simon Belmont among them), but the former I'm not sure I fully agree with. It would be great if the series had a character like those two to attach to, but I'd say that the Rathalos armor that VexTheHex is an iconic look for the series. It's the look that was used for the Mii costumes, it's what is used when the series crosses over with other franchises (such as MvCI), and it's the look that borrows from one of the series' mascots in the form of the Rathalos. If you were to use that look, people would definitely recognize Monster Hunter off of it as it's a look that's specific to the series alone and represents everything that it's about, and you can easily use that to get around the issue of lacking a 'Cloud' in that sense. Even ignoring that there's also the Felynes, who while not as popular among western fans, are the other mascots of the series that are prominent across its multiple medias and crossovers. Chances are, if Monster Hunter is somewhere, the Felynes are not too far behind, and they would be recognizable if they were chosen for the series as well. Ultimately, both are feasible characters that can work with integrating the series into a crossover like Smash while still being iconic to the series they originate from.

All in all, I'd say this is a franchise that shouldn't be slept on as a candidate. It's a recent franchise, but one that has more then made its name in the world and even ignoring its post-2015 success it still was in a strong place going into Ultimate's roster drafting. It had the popularity, it was close to many Nintendo fans due to its prominence on the 3DS, it was already recognized by Sakurai through the Mii Costume, and it's been featured (and has featured) many popular and iconic franchises. It's proof that you don't have to be old to be notable, and that can easily win it favor in getting it into Smash as a possible third part character.

Want: 95%
I guess with the long text you can probably tell that I'm a big fan of the series. Monster Hunter was a franchise I was introduced to later in its lifetime, but since then it's become one of my favorite franchises. I sunk over 200 hours into 3U, I fought the Lagiacrus multiple times, I went to the volcano hunting for Rathalos, hell, I didn't even mind the underwater mechanics and still dove into the submerged forest areas. It was a game that despite being my first entry into the franchise, I couldn't stop playing it for so long, I enjoyed it so much I'd probably put it among my Top 5 3DS titles. Following that, I also bought 4U, Generations, and World, and I played all of them for long stretches of hours. Despite moving on from 3U I still found myself immersed into the worlds that they gave, and the new monsters that they each introduced added a lot to the experience that each gave. It's a franchise that despite being young, has managed to sneak its way into becoming a franchise that I hold in strong favor, and I would love to see it get into Smash so that others can get introduced to the franchise.

Also, the characters have multiple options to be a fun character among the cast. From the iconic Great Sword (which if you've seen MvCI, you know how fun that looks) to the unique Charge Blade and Insect Glaive, there's a lot you can do with the character to make them an enjoyable addition to the roster. The same goes for the Felynes, who while more restricted, also have fun options from their horns, weapons, claw and jump attacks, and other such moves. Both I feel would have something to give if they were chosen as characters for Smash, and I would enjoy seeing them playable among its large and growing cast.

Nomination: Incineroar x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter

If we're getting a 3rd Capcom character I really do thing someone from RE would be bigger priority. Also I've heard there are multiple classes of hunters. I don't know if you could all merge them into one character.

Want: ABSTAIN

Sakura: 1.98%

Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voices x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Monster Hunter rep

Chance: 10%. Monster Hunter is pretty big and it did get a costume in SSB4, but I just can't see it as a character.
Want: 0%. I'm against multiple multiple third-party reps from the same company and Capcom already has enough. I'm fine with Ryu and Megaman though since they are incredibly iconic characters throughout gaming history, while Monster Hunter is nowhere near as recognizable to the general public.

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunter Rep

Chance: 18%
The hurdle for third parties is usually pretty high, especially for Capcom who already has two reps, but if Capcom feels like it needs to have MH in Smash then they might let Nintendo have it for cheap. Still, despite the popularity of the series (especially in Japan) they would have to choose a rep, Felyne or hunter, what weapons and armor, etc. (Now that I think of it, there are many assist trophy possibilities)

Bonus points for Mii Fighter costume, and for previous crossover experience.

Want: abstain
I may have said some things suggesting otherwise, but I'm not actually familiar with the series.

Prediction for Shinguuji Sakura: 4%

Nomination:
Viridi x 5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter Character

Chance - 3%

If we're getting another Capcom character, I feel like it'll be a Monster Hunter character without a doubt. Absolutely huge in Japan, numerous collaborations with Nintendo, a long standing connection with Nintendo for the past decade (despite starting on PS2 and Monster Hunter World returning to more advanced consoles), and already has some history in Smash, with the Mii costume.

Thing is, with tight newcomer spots, and Capcom's two most iconic already represented, I can't really see a Monster Hunter character being very high priority. Feel like they could have a pretty solid shot at DLC though, with the huge success of Monster Hunter World, as well as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate coming to the Switch real soon.

Want - 0%

I really just don't care. Ryu and Mega Man are enough from Capcom.

Nominations:
[Stage] Poke Floats x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Concept: Monster Hunter Rep

Chance: 1%
Ah, yes. Monster Hunter, one of the most famous Capcom game out there. To be honest, it had many collaborations with Nintendo franchises (the recent one being Breath of the Wild) and has recently been featured in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, but even then, we really don't need another Capcom character in the game. Ryu and Mega Man are more than enough to represent Capcom.

I'm not really familiar with this game. Abstain.

Sakura Shinguji prediction: 5.5%

Nomination:
Saber Artoria (Fate) x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance abstain
Monster Hunter is not my thing at all. If we get another Capcom ""rep"" I'd prefer Phoenix Wright (though it has pretty much nothing to do with being owned by Capcom).

Ultra Space stage x5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Monster Hunter Rep

Chance - 0.1%
Honestly, we don't really need another Capcom rep in Smash Ultimate. Mega Man and Ryu are more than enough for me.

Want - Abstain
Not really familiar with the series myself.

Nominations:
Saber (Fate/stay night) x5

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter
Chance: 15%
Want: abstain

Monster Hunter is HUGE, without a doubt.
Can't say much though as I haven't played to a MH game which, after playing to a demo on the 3DS, doesnt't appeal me.

Noms:
Female announcer x5

Sakura Shinguji prediction: 3.79%

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
monster hunter rep
chance
the last capcom newcomer I could see them doing (not count echo fighters). Its just that with a limited rpster on top of other 3rd party choices I think it yould be DLC if we see anything MH.
6%

want
could have a fun moveset (as see in MvC) but not the biggest fan of the games so wouldn't be too upset if they weren't in
50%

nominating labo man x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Monster Hunter

Chance: 5% - I'd say Monster Hunter is the next in line if Sakurai chooses to go after another character from Capcom. Monster Hunter is a pretty big series, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate even had The Legend of Zelda content crossed over into it. Not to mention the Rathalos Armor Mii Costume that was DLC back in Smash 4.

Chance: 1% - I have no interest in adding more 3rd Parties to the roster, but Monster Hunter could make for a pretty cool addition. Plus, how could you not love the Rathalos Armor? Badass.

Nominations: Deconfirmed Character DLC x5

Top Bottom