• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Impa
Chance: 15%
Want: 30%

Reused art Prediction: 1.1%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Impa

Chance: 35%
Impa's biggest role in terms of fandom came last generation where she garnered a larger fanbase from being the first revealed playable character aside from Link in Hyrule Warriors, and is given a relatively large role compared to the other one off members within the story. She's certainly got the fandom behind her after that game, and if Hyrule Warriors does get a character to represent it's success last generation it's either going to be her or Lana.

That said, she's still a Zelda character and we know how that usually goes and not everything is rosy for this Sheikah Samurai/Ninja/Sage; her appearances change DRASTICALLY between games, more so than any other character. Hyrule Warriors Impa is the perfect blend of her two warrior bodyguard reincarnations but she's more often than not an old lady who appears to be magically strong but have very little combat strength.

If Breath of the Wild had made Impa a younger warrior type I'd easily see her being actually quite likely, but instead we're treated to an older Impa, who whilst still quite entertaining isn't quite what I'd have hoped for.

Want: 100%

Hyrule Warriors spoilt me. Massive blade? Check. Nagianta? Check. Samurai and Ninja mix style? Check. Water and fire elements? Check. Fun character to play with unique abilities who's also a reoccurring character but with a neat design combining her two most famous warrior roles? Checkaroo.

I played a fair bit of this game, and for the sake of comparison; Link and Zelda last I checked were at level 140(and my joint second most played) whilst Impa is at 256. She is insanely fun to play as and easily my most played character on the Wii U outside the obvious Captain Toad.

Outside my clearly raging intense love for a game which is basically a stress ball, Impa's put in a big important appearance in Skyward Sword's story and showcases she can also use light magic, barriers and can go hand to sword with Ghirahim. Most secondary characters would be instantly wiped out, so that was interesting.

The only Zelda characters I want that come even close to Impa now are Vaati(who didn't make the damn HW game even after Toon characters were added) and Tingle, Impa's fellow reoccurring Zelda character who doesn't have her fandom, but does have an instantly recognisable appearance.

Reused artwork prediction: 13%

Nominations:
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
impa
chance 40%
while a common charcter in zelda so many other characters are more important
want 75%
zelda needs a few new reps so I wouldn't mind her in

reused art 4.7%

nomination
funkey kong x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Old Ninja Assistant

Chance: 10%
Want: 25%

Impa’s one of the most likely Zelda newcomers...but that’s not saying much. Sure, she’s been in several games, but only in a game and a half and a spinoff has she been a fighter - the rest have had her as a frail supercentenarian. Especially if this Smash will take after BotW, she was never seen as anything other than an over-100 woman who barely moved.

She really did have her best shot last game with the OoT remaster and Skyward Sword. Now...

Most people want her SS or HW designs, which are quickly approaching obsolescence.

I could easily see if Zelda and Shiek were kept separate, that Shiek could be simply replaced with Impa as Shiek is in all honesty a one-off and unnecessary without a tether to Zelda. Otherwise, I don’t think Impa is that necessary - I’d much rather Urbosa, Midna, or Revali (in that order) before her. But if we were to get Impa’s HW design, I vote the naginata moveset.

Prediction for Reusing Art: 2.0%
Nom: Skyrim stuff x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey, so, quick question... what exactly are we rating tomorrow? By “reused artwork”, are we talking in-game models for the veterans, or just the CSS images?

I’ll admit that Tingle is pretty irrelevant as far as his appearances in Zelda go, but the man got 3 spin-off titles all to his own.

...Granted two of them were Japan-only, but I’d still count him as fairly major all things considered.

imo this makes him a super interesting case and that’s why I’ve been nominating him for the past few weeks
I was only talking about him in regards to actual Zelda games

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chances: 99%

I'm not exactly CRAZY for him, but I'd absolutely hate to see him go.

Nominations: Louie (Pikmin) x5

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Impa

Chance 25%
Want 50%

I think she’d be a great replacement for Sheik, I’ve always felt like Sheik never belonged in the roster. Impa is also more prominent than Sheik in the Zelda franchise but I think she’s got competition this time around and even then the champions might not even join. Impa is great but I have a feeling the smash devs feel like Zelda should only consist of characters in the triforce.

x3 Tom Nook
x2 Arcade Bunny

Prediction: 8%

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 73%

I'd say she has a greater chance due to continuous relevance, though both Sheik and her old age in BotW bring her down.

Want: 66%

Honestly she should be in the game instead of Sheik as a resident "Sheikah". Though they could do something non-ninja with her instead.

Nominations: Urban Champion x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Impa
Chance - 40%
I don't really feel she is that likely unless Sakurai decides he must have a new LoZ rep that isn't just from the most recent game.
Want - 50%
Not that much against or for her. The prospect of her replacing Sheik sounds nice, since Sheik is extremely minor and just Zelda's disguise in one game. But that also seems a little weird to do.

Nominations - 5x Mimikyu

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nominations update:

Bomberman x256
Black Shadow x252
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x245
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x235
Lycanroc x226
Agumon x225
Simon Belmont x212

Over 200:

Qbby x211
Sans x208
Urban Champion x205
Funky Kong x205

199-150

Dark Samus x199
Azura x197
Spyro x190
Kamek x188
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x187
Travis Touchdown x179
Mipha x178
KOS-MOS X176
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x175
Masked Link x173
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x162
Sylux x157
Gengar x152

149-100

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Lip (Panel de Pon) x141
Concept: Skyrim representation x140
Parabo & Satebo x139
Mimikyu x133
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x130
Cranky Kong x130
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x128
Neku Sakuraba x128
Linkle x125
Wonder Red x123
Ryu Hayabusa x120
Excitebiker x116
Thwomp x113
Fawful x111
Octoling x110
Papyrus x108
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x105
Tom Nook x101
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Tetra x96
Katrielle Layton x95
Slippy Toad x90
Sakura Shinguji x88
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
Lloyd Irving x85
2B (Nier: Automata) x84
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x80
Sable Prince x76
Fjorm x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Tingle x71
Klonoa x70
Django (Boktai) x70
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x70
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x70
Steve x70
Labo related character x68
Barbara x65
Zeraora (Pokémon) x61
Lara Croft x57
Starfy x53
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x49
Ray (Custom Robo) x48
Arcade Bunny x48
Balloon Fighter x47
Gooey x42
Concept: Wars character x42
Returning game mode: Smash Run x42
Rick/Coo/Kine x40
Dragonite x37
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Tails x35
Primarina x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Viridi x33
Tora & Poppi x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Snorlax x29
Toon Zelda x29
Slime x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Stage: New Donk City x25
Ayumi Tachibana x25
Scorpion x25

24 and less:

DeMille x22
Concept: Female Announcer x20
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x20
Concept: Transformation characters x20
Mach Rider x15
Leon S. Kennedy x15
Veteran: Corrin x15
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x10
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x9
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Solaire x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2

Changes:

Bomberman moves up from 3rd to 1st.
Lycanroc moves ahead of Agumon for 5th
Sans and Funky break 200 noms
Gengar breaks 150 noms
Tom Nook breaks 100 noms
Sable Prince breaks 75 noms
Scorpion breaks 25 noms

edit: aw nuts now I have to do Mewtwo lol

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Impa Chance 2%: I don't see why she would ever get in as anything other than a replacement for Sheik, and Sheik is more immortalized than Ganondorf's moveset. It's a Black Shadow situation, except not that many people even want Sheik to change. I don't see why Impa would ever in as a unique character over the latest episodic character or Ganon.

Impa Want 25%: I don't feel anything for Impa, I just think she would be much better than a disguise of Zelda from one game who has never fought before to randomly be so prominent in Smash Bros.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bomberman x270
Black Shadow x257
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x255
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x235
Lycanroc x231
Agumon x225
Qbby x225

Over 200:

Funky Kong x219
Sans x218
Simon Belmont x217
Azura x206
Urban Champion x205
Dark Samus x204

199-150

Spyro x195
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x192
Kamek x188
Travis Touchdown x184
Mipha x183
KOS-MOS x183
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x180
Masked Link x178
Sylux x168
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x167
Gengar x157

149-100

Lip x146
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Concept: Skyrim representation x145
Parabo & Satebo x144
Mimikyu x141
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x135
Cranky Kong x135
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x133
Neku Sakuraba x128
Linkle x125
Wonder Red x123
Ryu Hayabusa x125
Excitebiker x119
Thwomp x114
Papyrus x113
Tom Nook x112
Fawful x111
Octoling x110
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x110
Tetra x101
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Katrielle Layton x98
Slippy Toad x90
Lloyd Irving x90
Sakura Shinguji x88
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x85
2B (Nier: Automata) x84
Sable Prince x79
Tingle x76
Fjorm x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Klonoa x71
Django (Boktai) x70
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x70
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x70
Steve x70
Labo related character x68
Barbara x65
Zeraora (Pokémon) x61
Lara Croft x57
Starfy x55
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x51
Arcade Bunny x50

49-30:

Ray (Custom Robo) x48
Balloon Fighter x47
Returning game mode: Smash Run x44
Gooey x42
Concept: Wars character x42
Rick/Coo/Kine x40
Primarina x40
Dragonite x37
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Tails x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Viridi x33
Tora & Poppi x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Scorpion x30
Snorlax x29
Toon Zelda x29
Slime x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x28
DeMille x27
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Stage: New Donk City x25
Ayumi Tachibana x25
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x25

24 and less:

Concept: Female Announcer x20
Concept: Transformation characters x20
Mach Rider x20
Leon S. Kennedy x20
Veteran: Corrin x20
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x10
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x10
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Solaire x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2

Changes:

Qbby is back in the top 7, dislodging Simon Belmont who got overtaken by three characters: Funky, Sans, and the aforementioned Qbby.
(It is going to be fun to see who gets in. Funky & Sans are pretty much on the same nom rate and both Qbby & Belmont have the numbers in previous rounds but have dropped a bit. Mike Jones and Agumon have not received a single nomination since the new schedule too. Stay tuned!)

Azura and Dark Samus break 200 noms
Tetra breaks 100 noms
Tingle breaks 75 noms
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2), and Arcade Bunny break 50 noms
Pikmin newcomer breaks 25 noms

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Impa
Chance: 35% -
She's the most likely Zelda Newcomer by far and she deserves it more than any other Zelda character.
Want: 70% - She earned it.

Abstaining from reused arts prediction.

Nominations

Sakura Shinguji x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Impa:

Chance - 15%
One of the few recurring Zelda characters left to add. She gained a noticeable boost in importance and potential thanks to Hyrule Warriors.

So why the low chance? Well, a lot of her move set potential is a bit tied down to Sheik somewhat. True, a semi clone is possible, but not something I see Sakurai prioritizing. Not to mention I kind of doubt she did as well in terms of popularity compared to other Zelda characters such as Midna, Skull Kid, or perhaps even Ganon. She's a bit of a "just there" character in Zelda. Her importance is often overstated.

Still has a decent shot but considering she was at her peak as a character during Smash 4 and DLC and still got shunned, I do not think I can give her a higher score.

Want - 35%
Eh, not my most desirable character but she's a Zelda character with a track record at least.

Artworks: 7.7%

Noms: Black Shadow x5
Probably the last time I nominate him if the concept overtakes him. He should be comfortably 3rd after that.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Impa

The positives: Impa is one of the most common Zelda newcomer choices, and is one of the few recurring characters outside of the Triforce trio. And then it honestly goes down from there. She's still not as important to the series as the main characters are and her appearance is rather inconsistent. Doesn't help that her BotW appearance is not the version people want. It really does feel like she missed the boat given that her most popular appearances were relevant around last game and not as much now, and I doubt a spinoff would affect the roster. Her popularity and recurring status still give her a little chance, but I just don't see it happening. I'm honestly not even fully convinced she's the most likely Zelda newcomer.

Want: 50%

I don't know. She could be fun, and I feel like she's probably deserving of a spot, but for some reason I just can't get interested in her as a fighter. There are a couple of other characters from Zelda that I think would excite me more. It doesn't help that I actually really hate the suggestion of her outright replacing Sheik. She probably would be a decent addition, but I can't actively want her.

Reused Vet Art prediction: 9.77%

Nominations: Simon Belmont x5

Bomberman's probably set to be rated this week so I'll give the other guy I want to rate a boost.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Impa

Chance: 4%
I've always felt that Impa's popularity was overstated. From what I can remember she really only got popular once Hyrule Warriors was coming out. Before that I don't remember hearing anything about Impa, and outside of these boards I still don't. Yeah, she's a recurring character in the series, but she's never really done anything that's worthy of a moveset in Smash. In Skyward Sword she created a shield against Ghirahim. Every character in Smash can do that. I don't even need to mention that more than half of her appearances she's an old lady, including her latest. Taking inspiration from Hyrule Warriors would be best, but I still don't think Sakurai is going to pull from a spin off game to represent the Zelda franchise.
I'll give the Sheikah Warrior a small chance of 4%. Impa still has a lot to prove in my mind...

Want: 0%
She's just a bland character idea to me. We already have Sheik to represent the Sheikah and their fighting style. There are plenty of other Zelda characters with way more personality than Impa that I would like to see become playable.

Prediction
Reused Vet Art: 26.4%

Nominations
Tetra x 3
Toon Zelda x 2

andimidna

Smash Master
Impa:
Just gonna go ahead and point out that there’s absolutely no obligation to have all Zelda characters follow the same style/design from the same game. There has never been any proof of this, in fact, we already have multiple different styles being mostly TP and a WW. Their alternates take inspiration from OoT, SS, LttP, etc. Imo, it makes more sense to have characters repping looks from past eras too from major games in the past that are still important to Nintendo’s history. It isn’t just about recency/ “relevance.” There’d be nothing wrong with having BotW Link with TP alts, BotW Zelda with alts, “TP” Sheik, TP Ganon, SS Impa, and WW (toon) Link. TP Midna, MM Skull Kid, WW Tetra, SS Ghirahim, HW Lana, etc would be just as fine too. Looking at the FE lineup, we had Marth getting updated to his new game, Ike getting updated to his new game, Robin/Lucina/Corrin being representative of Awakening and Fates, and Roy getting a modernized redesign based off bis newer appearances I think. Basically, I think this is what they could do with Impa’s design. Maybe use Young SS Impa or HW’s Impa which in itself is already like a concept of Impa, following stylistic trends of hers from multiple games with its own added flair. On a side note, It’s kinda interesting to see a recurring character today still without a core design that is seen as the clear image of the character. I feel like that used to be a lot more common in older games, but not as much today, idk lmao
It definitely exists to some extent, as the HW design was easily recognizable as her, so I don’t think it’s actually a problem.

Moving on to Impa in Smash,
She’s obviously important, recurring, and likable. She could definitely get some specific moves from SS and then stylistic moves to fill the rest as like “sheikah dark magic,” BotW references, and ninja-esque moves. I know it’d be easier to just give her a big sword and water/ice or a naginata and fire and call it a day, but I don’t really see that, I don’t know. I think it makes a lot more sense to try to look at what the canon impas have to offer first. With her connection to those portal things in SS, she could even have a summoner moveset thrown on her like Lana’s summoning gates, basically turning her into a love letter to Zelda fans. There’s a lot of different routes you can take, but no single obvious route. I’m really not sure which I’d prefer.
Also, while I wouldn’t be surprised by Impa being included at all, I don’t think there’s a ton of precedence for picking a supporting character for recurrence over popularity, is there? It’s kinda like Robin or Roy bs Anna. I feel like other characters probably did better on the ballot, and those characters’s chances are being underrated, but she still has plenty going for her.

Chance: 25%

With all that said, I think she’s the front runner maybe?
This is a big score from me, btw
I think Midna and Skull Kid are close behind, then the concept of a BotW specific character, then Ghirahim, Tetra (or Toon Zelda?), and Tingle. (I don’t think Pig Ganon and Vaati are nearly as clearly on the table as these tbh)
I don’t think there’d be anything wrong with 2 new Zelda characters. It’s been a hot topic recently. These characters don’t need to be directly pulled from the new game if there are important, popular characters established beforehand and the new game doesn’t offer an obvious character warranting inclusion.

Want: 80%

It’s weird bc she’s one of my most wanted, but I’m just so stubborn about wanting Midna, so oops, that’d take a little of the excitement out of the reveal for me. But I’m still a supporter for sure yea.

I do really want a new Zelda character. I grew up thinking Melee was the first Smash, so it’s almost like there’s never been a new one in my case lol
Toon Link is Young Link in a different art style btw

Reused art prediction: 20%
I’m guessing a lot of low scores and then a lot of 50/50s from ppl that don’t care as much. P sure MK Deluxe reused art? But that’s so common in the Mario series. Cool topic that I have little to say abt rn

I wonder if ppl are gonna try for a Crash/Spyro rerate hm
x3 Azura
x2 Sylux

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Impa

Chance: 50%
If we're getting a new Zelda character, it's almost definitely gonna be her. Though, I don't think we will.

Want: 25%
I don't care one way or the other.

Reused Art prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Impa

Honestly, she's never really felt very likely to me, and I would never have thought of her joining Smash if I hadn't seen other people supporting her. Sure, she's a recurring Zelda character... but that's about it? When I play a Zelda game, the main characters and villains stand out to me, as well as the unique and memorable characters. Impa is there in many games, so I don't forget her, but she doesn't really do much most of the time? I've seen many people say she should use a Hyrule Warriors-inspired moveset, and really, what else COULD she use? You don't really see her fighting in the games. It kind of seems like she's only seen as likely because she's a recurring Zelda character, and not because people specifically want the character. People also say that she's likely going to be the next character in line if we get another Zelda character, but I really don't think that's the case, personally.

There are other Zelda characters I'd like better. I've never really liked or disliked any version of Impa, so I'm very neutral on her as a character.

--------

Reused veteran art chance prediction: 6.24%

Nomination:

DeMille x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Impa
Chance-55%
Want-25%
Dont really care much about her. Before Hyrule Warriors she would've been a sheik vlone, now after hyrule warriors, she has potential, but i prefer other characters fron that game.

Reused art prediction: 28%

Noms-
Demille x3
Tora and Poppi x2

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Impa

Chance 40%: Possible. Could even be an alt to Shiek?

Want 55%: She'd be cool depending on the version we get of her. Ocarina of Time might be cool Or maybe even a young Impa in Breath of the Wild. However, I'd rather have Midna (solo) or Skull Kid.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Impa

Chance - 5%

She's definitely gotten herself a good amount of support in the past couple of years due to her Skyward Sword, and especially her Hyrule Warriors appearances.

However, I kind of doubt they'll pull from Hyrule Warriors considering it is a spinoff game in a franchise that doesn't really pull from spinoffs, and her Breath of the Wild version was most certainly not made for fighting, even if she is still pretty fun to be around. Besides, I don't think they'll pull from any game other than BotW in terms of Zelda characters in Smash this time around, if Link is anything to go off of.

However, I could see them going for somewhat of a custom design: based off of the Sheikah people in BotW, along with pulling a little from Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors if they really wanted her in, but even then, she'd probably look and feel a bit too much like Sheik. I'd be more than happy to have her take Sheik's spot, though.

Want - 60%

She's cool. In terms of a Zelda newcomer, I'd prefer general revamps for the pre-existing characters, a proper Ganon, Tingle, or Urbosa, but I certainly wouldn't be against Impa. She's more than capable of using different kinds of magic and weapons over the years, so they could easily get super creative with her if they wanted.

At the very least, I hope she does get some sort of BotW + Hyrule Warriors combo design and replaces Sheik, while keeping her moveset. It makes absolutely no sense why Sheik still sticks around, considering OoT came out over two decades ago now, and how the transformation gimmick between Zelda and Sheik isn't a thing anymore.

Nominations:
Masked Link x2
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x2
No Mega Evolutions x1

Last edited:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Impa Chance:
25%
Zelda has trouble getting new characters because most characters are one-offs that only appear in one game. There are only a few characters that appear in a lot of the games, and Impa is one of the last to be added. The main problem with her is that she doesn't have much unique going for her. She may end up being too similar to Sheik to warrant a slot. The main reason she has come back into relevancy recently is because of Hyrule Warriors. If they were to add her with her HW design, I think she may be better, although she may just become a Sheik/Cloud hybrid.

Impa Want:
30%

It depends on what design they would use. I would bump her up if it were her HW design, but down if it wasn't. Just went in the middle.

Re-Used Art Prediction:
7.85%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Impa chances: 13%
I could imagine her as being inspired in large part by Hyrule Warriors, as she has an edge over Lana as being a character from the main series, and a reoccuring one on top of that. She's however hurt by the inconsistency of her appearances, from a young ninja to an old lady in different games.

Impa want: 15%
Sounds okay but not exciting to me.

Reused Smash 3DS/Wii U fighter artworks prediction: 17.32%
I'm pretty sure this concept may sound weird to many people, but I want to test the hypothesis that Nintendo might benefit from already released Smash amiibo depicting characters the same as in the new Smash, cutting on the R&D necessary to make brand new ones. And before someone says "BotW Link means this concept is deconfirmed" this concept doesn't exclude the possibility of veterans getting new artworks depicting them in new costumes in addition to getting their old artwork back as an alt.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x3
Returning game mode: Smash Run x2

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Impa

She may be recurring, but she's inconsistent at that. I think Nintendo just cannot decide whether she should be a middle-aged bodyguard or a century old woman.
She had a way better shot in the Smash 4 days, considering her role in the big new Zelda game is being an tiny old lady who just sits there while giving lore to you. (not 100% sure of that, haven't beaten the game)

I feel most of her supporters wanted her playable after Hyrule Warriors. A spin-off which I think will see barely any representation in Smash.

Want: 30%
Wouldn't be against it but don't care either way.

Predictions for reused Smash 4 artwork: 27.93%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Impa

Chance: 45% - Hyrule Warriors liekly gave Impa a huge boost in popularity, which was likely already on the rist after Skyward Sword featured her in a central role. She's one of the few Zelda characters that has appeared in more than one game. though out of all of them, she's the one who changes the most between games. so it's kind of difficult to create a true representation of Impa unless the decide to go with just 1 version of her. she wouldn't have to be a clone of Shiek, or a replacement for Shiek, she could come with her own unique abilities. and I think SS and HW may have given her the push she needs for Sakurai to notice her. but she still feels somewhat less likely than more likely.

Want: 75% - After playing Hyrule Warriors i came to really like Impa. i had always liked her previous depictions, but (besides the skyward sword one) they never really played THAT big a part in the games. Then came her HW self, a Naginata and Broadsword wielding powerhouse of a warior. she looked awesome, and she was devastatingly powerful. I would LOVE to see that version of Impa make it into Smash.

Reused Art prediction: 13%

Nominaitions
Qbby x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
impa

chances: 30% for some reason i think the smash team are reluctant to give us any zelda characters out side of the main three even the fourth most major character in the franchise

want: 90% as ive said many times before i dont think theres a zelda character i dont want on some level

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Impa:

Chance:
15% - Probably has the best shot out of any potential Zelda newcomer, but that doesn't say a whole lot.

Want: 40% - She'd be okay, but she's definitely not one of my favorite Zelda characters.

D

Deleted member

Impa

She sure is one of the few recurring Zelda characters outside of the Triforce holders, but she's also known to not have a set appearance following the games, being either a strong woman or a little granny or a thick nanny.

[...] I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
Having :4link: who is likely to have a moveset overhaul based from Breath of the Wild is more than enough already.
And I'm indifferent to her character as well.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Reused vets arts prediction: 1.12%

D

Deleted member

Impa
Chance: 5%

Sure she's recurring, but she lacks a consistent design. Sometimes she's an old lady and sometimes she's a ninja (and that's sheik's niche), and she's usually not that major of a character. Her lastest incarnation falls into the former category, so i don't think she will get in. If you ask me midna, skull kid, etc all have a better chance than her.
She seems like an extremely forced addition to me. Just because she's "recurring" doesn't mean she's the most logical choice, and her moveset potential doesnt exactly strike me as interesting. Im not really an expert on the zelda series but i'd rather see midna or skull kid if we were to get another zelda rep as they're much more interesting, and im not really clamoring for one anyway because i despise the concept of reps for the sake of reps.

inb4 someone compares her to bandana dee: he has a consistent design, more prominence in his series and more obvious moveset potential.

Rick/Kine/Coo x5

Edit: just to prevent confusion, i said that i think skull kid and midna have a better chance than impa, not that they'll likely get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Impa
Chance: 5%
Not much to add than what was already said. She is not a one-shot, but she never has super important roles in Zelda games.

Want: 50%
I am cool with a version of Sheikah fighter Impa, but there are other characters in Zelda I rather see first.

X5 to Simon Belmont

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Chance- 15%

Zelda newcomers are difficult to predict, as Sakurai hasn’t exactly given us much data the past couple of games to know how he approaches the subject. I imagine her importance to the series will help Impa some, but her fanbase only seems moderately sized. I doubt she did that spectacular on the ballot. Her chances were probably better last time when she was more relevant.

Want- 90%

I think there’s plenty they could do to differentiate Impa from Sheik, so that’s not a problem. I’d like to see her over pretty much every other possible newcomer (Vaati would be cool, too) by virtue that she won’t be irrelevant after each entry. She deserves it by this point. I know there’s plenty of people who don’t like that line of reasoning, but that’s just how I feel. She could be perfectly fine to play as if done right. I’ll take a little bit off just because, while I definitely want Impa in, I don’t see myself being that upset if she doesn’t make it, either. Maybe I’ve just been jaded by the lack of Zelda newcomers.

Nominations:
Wonder Red x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Impa

Chance: 30%
Despite being the one non-Triforce wielder with the most credentials, the only way Impa is getting in is if she replaces Sheik. Making two playable ninjas from a series that isn't known for its ninjas or stealth elements is kind of ridiculous.

Want: 40%
Probably the most tolerable Zelda side character in terms of suggesting their being playable, Impa nevertheless lacks a cohesive identity, and would probably have to pick a particular game to take her appearance from.

I'd kind of like her to replace Sheik, if only to get rid of a one-of from the roster, but either way, only one of them will get to stand in for the Sheikah tribe.

Prediction:
Veteran Art: 45%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Impa

Chances: 60%
Kind of a weird situation. There are more popular choices with more potential but Impa is next most recurring character to pick so who knows.

I am all for new Zelda fighters.

Nomination: Linkle X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Some housekeeping things I want to note.

1. The calcs for Lucas Lucas Mewtwo and Greninja are done, but will be posted once the next day starts.
2. The next day will start around 7:30 EDT PM.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think’s there’s plenty they could do to differentiate Impa from Sheik, so that’s not a problem.
See the problem with that is just because they can be, doesn't mean they will be. Lucas and Toon Link didn't have to be clones but they are. Falco didn't need to use a landmaster but he does. Ganondorf doesn't need to be a Falcon clone but he is. Just because the fans can make characters unique doesn't mean the devs will do the same.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
See the problem with that is just because they can, doesn't mean they will. Lucas and Toon Link didn't have to be clones but they are. Falco didn't need to use a landmaster but he does. Ganondorf doesn't need to be a Falcon clone but he is. Just because the fans can make characters unique doesn't mean the devs will do the same.
True, but I want her enough that I won’t put much weight into what ifs. I certainly wouldn’t have rated Ganondorf low just because there was a chance of him being cloned from Captain Falcon. Obviously Impa’s odds of being cloned are more likely, but my reasons for wanting Impa are not based primarily on moveset, anyways.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Impa
Impa is in an odd position, she's one of Zelda's most recurring characters as she's appeared in a good number of games with each having varying levels of importance, but she also arguably lacks the popularity that other Zelda candidates seem to get. She never seems to obtain the same amount of love that characters like Midna, Skull Kid or the like do, which makes her less demanded from the fanbase despite her history and ironically a bit less of a standout. Games like Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword did boost things for her as both gave her a stronger presence to latch on to, but even then she still did find herself getting overshadowed by some of the playable and non-playable cast.

I think for her it will come down to whether Sakurai will place more value on her recurring status or the other characters' popularity, and since Zelda has many popular faces (including those from BotW) and another recurring one (Tingle) I think the competition will be stiff for her.

Want: 70%
Not my favorite potential Zelda newcomer, but I see a lot of potential in her.

Nomination: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Impa
Chance: 30%
I'd say it largely depends on whether or not Sakurai is willing to pull from/consider Hyrule Warriors. If he only cares about the primary Zelda games, I don't see him choosing Impa.

Want: 60%
Not much to say. I think she'd be cool.

Nominate Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x5

Last edited:

UGXwolf

Smash Rookie
Impa:

Chance: 25%

It's such a shame this character is probably the most likely Zelda newcomer. Not because of any personal issues I have but because I just think she's still so unlikely.

Impa is in a weird position. Her most immediately relevant form is her BotW form. I don't really see the old lady as the awesome fighter she could otherwise be. The Hyrule Warriors Impa would fit in gloriously, but Sakurai hasn't really ever shown characters from spin-offs much love. (Case in point: Waluigi) That makes the most recent form that could actually be a legitimate option the Skyward Sword Impa.

While I could see this as an attempt to fill in some character rep for SS, I'd be more than a little concerned she'd be a Sheik clone. Not that I particularly mind clones, in the first place, but clones are notably low priority to Sakurai and crew.

Want: 70%

Impa is a bamf. She got to be legit af in Skyward Sword, showing off both young and old forms. Zelda series deserves more characters and while she may not be my favorite, she's still on my list.

Reused art assets prediction: 18.64%

Nominations:
Joker (Persona 5) x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom