• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Mewtwo
Chance: 100%
He is coming back no questions asked whether base or dlc. I strongly believe all Pokemon vets will be back + a gen VII newcomer.

Want: 100%
I still have a fondness for him and gen 1.

Impa: 31.45%

x5 to Simon Belmont

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mewtwo

Chance: 99%
The chance exists since it happened before, but the reaction of Mewtwo returning was overwhelming compared to Lucas, Roy, and Doc's returns. He's the definition of a fan favorite.

My second favorite legendary/mythical Pokémon after Volcanion. Can't beat nostalgia. Also he's incredibly fun to play.

Predicting a 21 for Impa.
Nominating English Marth x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mew2

Double 100s

Iconic, popular, ever relevant, the fact that he was ridiculously cut last two times only ensures they won’t make the same mistake again. He’s back for good.

Impa: 40%
Gonna overshoot it, see where it takes me.

Nominations: Mach RiderX5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
With Mewtwo’s sky-high popularity in the Pokemon/Smash community and Sakurai likely porting assets over to Smash Switch now, I feel that he will definitely make his return. I get that he was cut in Brawl and Smash 4, which is causing many people to doubt his playability in Smash Switch. But, the key thing to note is that Mewtwo’s will be easier to implement in the game thanks to assets. This is not the scenario where Sakurai needs to integrate a character from an old Smash game like Melee to a new Smash game with completely different physics and gameplay. Sakurai only has to implement the character from Smash 4 to Smash Switch to get him in. Because of the easier implementation, it is hard for me to imagine that he would get cut again.

x5 Tom Nook

Roberk

Smash Champion
Mewtwo

Chance: 85%
Gotta make him just a bit lower than Greninja, he's been cut twice and isn't marketed as marketed/popular as Greninja nowadays. However, he still technically has two Smash games under his belt and a ton of fan support.

By far one of the "coolest" Pokemon out there. From his design to his appearance in movies to his gameplay in Pokemon and Smash, this guy is awesome.

Impa Prediction: 25%

Noms: Azura x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 70%
He's been cut 2 times but there was a reason he was the first announced for DLC
Come on Sakurai don't make me pay for him separately again.

noms: Qbby X5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance - 100%

Mewtwo's return for Smash 4 DLC created so much hype, to the point where I feel like I could honestly say he was hyped more than every single newcomer, aside from Mega Man and maybe Cloud.

I could see Nintendo putting him as DLC once more for the sake of milking out some money, but I really doubt they'd cut such a hype maker. Considering the backlash of him not being in Brawl was pretty big, and him not being in the base Smash 4 roster was massive, I can only imagine him being left out of Smash 5, despite making a return in Smash 4, would result in actual riots.

Want - 100%

I'd rather not cut any unique characters from Smash 4 (except for two, but I don't know if we'll ever get to them), and Mewtwo is of course, no exception.

However, I also love the guy. He was my most wanted character for Smash 4. I remember being pretty bummed when he wasn't in the leaked base roster, and I fondly remember being incredibly happy when he was revealed as DLC. He is my go to character in both Project M and Smash 4, and would easily be my favorite character to play as in the Smash series as a whole, if Jigglypuff didn't give him some tough competition.

If I had to give a single 100% Want to any character, it'd be Mewtwo returning, no doubt about it.

Nominations:
Qbby x5

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Mewtwo

Chance: 99.99%
The insanity of cutting Mewtwo is over nya. I can't see him getting cut a third time in a row nya!

Nyo fluffing cuts nya!! Me and all five of my Mewtwo's will bring the end of the world if he's cut nyagain nya!!

Nyominations
Mimikyu: x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mewtwo
Chance 90%
He's been cut before so he's clearly not as much as a priority as others. Although I think every Pokemon is surviving this time.
Want 80%
But if a Pokemon has to be cut, I'd rather him cut. Maybe Charizard but he compliments the other Pokemon better.

Prediction Impa 38%

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
:mewtwomelee:
He's only been cut once in the series, and although he missed the bus in Smash 4's initial release, he came back as the first DLC character in Smash Bros. I don't see Mewtwo skipping the base roster this time because of how iconic it is to both the Pokémon and Smash Bros communities. There's no need to cut it for this game, unless they want a repeat of the salt from it's absence in Brawl and vanilla Smash 4

:4mewtwo:
Mewtwo shouldn't be cut at all. I don't want Mewtwo leaving the roster ever again.

Nominations: Funky Kong X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Mewtwo :4mewtwo:
Just about as close to a lock as you can get in my book. This dude's popularity skyrocketed with his model reveal for Smash 4, going from a goner who had no hope of returning to the most hype announcement for the series since Mega Man's reveal practically overnight. Simply put, I doubt they'd hype up his return as much as they did only to drop him again in the next game, especially considering how popular a character he's been since becoming the posterboy for Smash DLC that fateful day in October. They'd have too many people to piss off in doing so. And let's not forget how well Mewtwo was treated in Smash 4's balance patches; clearly, the dev team has taken quite the liking to him. I feel he's cemented himself as a staple of the Smash series and "earned his slot" by this point, so I'm very confident he'll be high-priority this time around, at least considering the other Pokemon he has to contend with.

Want: 100% (Would go into the 110's if I could)
My favorite Pokemon, the star of my first Nintendo-related media, and who I consider to be my first real main. Mewtwo's always held a special place in my heart, being one of the very few characters I recognized out of Melee's cast, and his portrayal in the first Pokemon movie made 8 y/o me psyched as hell to play as him as soon as I unlocked him. (Sure, he was nowhere near as overpowered as he was in that movie, but I didn't know.) Naturally, I was devastated when I found out he wouldn't be returning for Brawl, but over the years, I learned to let go of my original main. Fast-forward about seven years, and I'm waking up at 3 A.M. to grab my download code so I can use him in a new Smash game. I'll never forget the bliss I felt that night, finally getting the chance to play as my boy in Smash again, with some neat buffs to his game, at that. Somehow, I feel as though Mewtwo taught me a great lesson, to not take what you have for granted, as it can be taken from you by powers greater than yourself at any moment. And as long as Mewtwo remains with us, I'll never let go of him again.

Welcome back to the family, Mewtwo. Here's hoping you're here to stay from now on.

Impa Prediction: 15%

Nominating Sylux x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chance: 95%
Easily the most popular returning vet(even if many still don't like his moveset), there was more outcry at Mewtwo being cut than any other cut to date bar MAYBE Ice Climbers.
Mewtwo is overall the second most popular Pokemon in the world right behind Charizard and placing just above Blastoise. I cannot remember which poll I read there, but I know I've seen those results pop up repeatedly.

He has however been cut before and he wasn't able to get in the base roster for Sm4sh, even though his reveal was the single most exciting thing Smash has ever had due to it also introducing the ballot. He could easily be low priority again.

Want: 95%
Ok, Mewtwo's an odd one. I actually hate his Smash incarnation to play as, but I love the character being in Smash in the first place which is actually a bigger deal to me than if the character is any good. He honestly feels like a proper big Nintendo name unlike Greninja and Lucas whom we recently rated. I wish I could enjoy playing him better, but I definitely missed him, and Roy, when they were cut in Brawl more than I missed any other veteran cut.

Only not 100% because he's still not a tip top favourite Pokemon, but MOSTLY because I want him reworked a little.

Impa prediction: 26.5%
A lot of people are unsure on Legend of Zelda characters now. She's seen as the front runner so I feel she'll beat Midna and Skull Kid in chance at least, but not by a huge margin.

Nomination
Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Mewtwo
Want: 75%

Impa Prediction: 20.21%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5 (almost there)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mewtwo

Chance - 92.75% - Yeah, he could be cut, but after the backlash I don't think so. I think he would be a lock for DLC if he isn't, though for my scores I don't count that. I say that unless the same problems happen again, I don't see a reason why he would be cut.

Want - 100% - One of the few DLC characters I bought.

Prediction

Impa - 19.24% - Yeah, not looking too good.

Nominaitons

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Mewtwo

He should be fine, though he was cut from Brawl (although he probably would've return if you subscribe to the theory that Sonic's last minute inclusion screwed him over.) There was an image that was floating around during the ESRB leak period that put a "?" over Mewtwo. Maybe he was planned to be added to the base roster but was low priority and pushed back to DLC. Maybe the "?" was there because the guy who made that image wasn't 100% sure of Mewtwo's situation.

I expect Mewtwo to come back as part of the base roster. Again as DLC would be eyebrow raising. I don't know of any other fighting games that had a character in back-to-back games as DLC.

Want: 50%
Sorry. Don't care about Mewtwo. I wasn't upset from him being cut from Brawl, or his initial absence from Smash 4. Him somehow not returning in Smash Switch wouldn't phase me at all.

Nominations
Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Mewtwo

Chance: 91%

- Mewtwo is still incredibly popular in both the Pokemon fanbase as well as the Smash fanbase. It became the first Smash DLC character. It’ll most likely be addd to the vanilla roster.

Want: 49%

- I wouldn’t mind if it gets cut again. It’s my favorite Pokemon but Sakurai’s version of it...just doesn’t work for me.

Prediction

Impa: 29.8%

- ...I know I’ve said this in the past and I’ll say it again this time: Which Impa...?

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x2

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Mewtwo :4mewtwo:

Going a bit bold here, but I seriously don’t see any future where Mewtwo gets cut a second time. The fan reaction from his reveal alone would more than likely be enough to persuade Sakurai that Mewtwo is worth keeping around, and it’s not like TPC would object, since they still promote it well enough. I don’t even think it’ll be DLC again, it’s back to base game for sure... mark my words.

My favorite Legendary, bar none. Mewtwo is badass incarnate, and losing him again would be a massive detriment to this game.

Noms:
Tingle x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Mewtwo

Chance- 100%
Due to the EXTREME demand for Mewtwo after getting cut from Brawl, being THE most hyped DLC character in Smash 4's run, and still remaining an iconic character, the ONLY way I see him being cut is to make him DLC again and milk more money out fo fans. Sakurai even has had intentions of putting Mewtwo in every Smash game, as seen by his statements in the Smash 2 poll and unused data in Brawl. Sakurai knows just how popular this character has always been.

Want- 100%
Not big on Pokemon, but man, was it cool seeing this guy in Melee, and the universal hype that he brought with him in the DLC days just shows how much of a fan favorite he is among the Smash audience. It would be criminal to cut him again.

Impa- 27.96%

Funky Kong X 4
Thwomp X 1

Troykv

Smash Master
Mewtwo's case needs a bit of extra information to make me sure what to think... beucase they're very good arguments for he being low-priority and high-priority.

Chance: Abstain

One of my favorite Pokémon and one of my favorite playable characters in Smash

Prediction:

Impa: 26.7%

Nominations:

Tom Nook x3
KOS-MOS x2

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Mewtwo

Chance- 50%
Want- 100%

Mewtwo coming back was a welcome surprise and I hope he returns.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo

Chance: 80%

I don't think he's quite as guaranteed as everyone else seems to... but I also think he's pretty likely going to be staying this time. He's pretty popular, and everyone was happy to have him back, so I think he's got a good shot at coming back!

Want: 40%
I'll be honest - I'm still kind of surprised at how excited everyone was for Mewtwo in Smash 4. I loved most of the Smash 4 reveals, and the DLC, but when Mewtwo was announced, I just thought, "Oh cool, he's coming back!" Then I saw other people's thoughts, and... people were definitely more happy to see him back than I was :p I don't dislike him or anything, but I'm also not really a passionate fan, I guess? I want him back because so many other people do, but for me personally, I'd be fine if he was cut.

------

Impa chance prediction: 23.68%

Nomination:
DeMille x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mewtwo

I won't go higher than this for a DLC character just in case, plus he has been cut once before, but I'm still expecting Mewtwo to make the base roster this time. He's one of the most iconic Pokémon there is, and the reactions to both his removal and return make his popularity pretty clear. If he somehow gets cut again, it would be quite surprising.

I'm not even the biggest fan of Mewtwo, but he really should be there and really shouldn't have even been cut in the first place. It'd be kind of annoying if they just dropped him again after his triumphant return, frankly.

Impa prediction: 23.68%

Nominations: Bomberman x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Mew2:
Yea, you can say he wasn’t in the last base game, but this was widely considered the most glaring omission from the game besides ICs due to hardware stuffs. He was easily considered the most glaring omission from Brawl too. He’s never going to stop being relevant and popular.
Chance & Want: 99%

Impa prediction: 29%
Ooh glad we’re finally getting around to her.
x4 Azura
x1 Sylux

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Mewtwo

The outcry after his cut was the biggest in the series history. There's no possible way it'll happen again.

Mewtwo is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon and my main in Smash 4, of course I want him.

Impa prediction: 45%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4mewtwo::150:

Chance: 50%

Man, I wish I was as confident as all of you.

Mewtwo’s a great Pokémon to have around. I started with Red way back then, so Mewtwo has always been the epitome of badass to me, no matter how many ‘better’ legendaries the later generations tried to add. I loved seeing him in Melee since he was the closest thing we had to a Pokémon villain...but he played terribly (didn’t matter, had fun).

Sm4sh DLC Mewtwo was awesome. Fixed a lot of his problems, and I really loved it. I was so hype when he was finally announced.

So with all the hype that got him in, I still don’t see it given he’s in? Nope. He’s been cut before, and has always been low priority. Besides, Pokémon always gets cuts, and we’ve pretty well said “This one is too popular to cut!” to each so far, not to mention that Pokémon always gets newcomers, we’ve rated some really high, and people complain about overrepresentation (Personally, I think Pokémon is a big enough franchise that they deserve all of the reps). And back on the DLC thread, we all thought it was a given Wolf would be in since Sakurai wouldn’t release Lucas and not Wolf when they were in the exact same circumstance (Wolf’s better since he had a game on the horizon).

Ah, well...

Mewtwo is still one of my big three, so I hope he strikes back again. Honestly, I’d be happy with Pokémon representation with Mewtwo and Brawl’s Trainer, but I can’t see both happening, at least not in vanilla.

Impa Prediction: 24.3%
Nom: Skyrim stuff x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo

Mewtwo was featured in two games in the series, however he was supposed to be in all of them...but missed the boat twice (technically three times but came in for DLC in Smash 4) due to time constraints

It is possible that he could once again miss out due to time constraints since it's already happened more than once but Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokemon, arguably the third most popular behind fellow Smashers Pikachu and Charizard...

He's going to be in the game as a playable fighter without a doubt but I honestly think this time he's gonna make the main roster since they made a statement about him being a pretty big deal when he was revealed as a DLC fighter...The first ever Smash DLC fighter I might add...

Wynaut? He's THE legendary Pokemon, he's fun to use and unique as a fighter...and I'd also rather not have to pay for him separately this time and hope Sakurai saves DLC for newcomers more than veterans...

----

Impa-24.53%
Possibly the most likely Zelda character if the series were to get a new representative, but with that said...there's still a lot to choose from as far as fighters...

----

Dark Samus x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21

Only 1% of chance of being cut now

He is ICONIC and is what I see as a ALL STAR

Nomination: Octopath Traveller x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Chance: 97%
Yeah, I don't see him getting cut again after being so requested and hyped up. He's still relevant/important for Pokemon and he's a popular veteran. I don't feel safe giving any Pokemon besides Pikachu a 100% chance though.

Still a badass Pokemon.

Impa: 35.66%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mewtwo

Too likely to be cut.

Best Pokemon ever.

Prediction for Impa: 38%

Nominations: Sans x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Chance - 90%
I really do feel his big reintroduction into the series was him coming back for good.
Want - 100%
He's Pokemon's original endgame boss basically, and I feel he should return cause of that. He was also a unique fighter. Part of me would love the reps to be scattered more across the Generations, but I do think Mewtwo represents the Legendaries and slightly darker side of the series well.

Nominations - 5x Pikmin Newcomer

I preferred Delphox and I have bad memories when I saw his trailer, I wanted Zoroark in Smash who deserved it more.
Zoroark was a pushed Pokemon in hopes of continuing the Lucario look alike fandom and failed miserably. It's design and story fell flat. Zorua was cute to me, but the whole line failed it's purpose in the end. Gen 5 had other Pokemon that stepped into the limelight instead when Zoroark and Zorua were the ones pushed, that was a pretty poor performance for the supposed mascot of the Generation.

Never was a fan of the Fennekin line myself and was happy the frog line ended up becoming extremely successful when facing very stiff competition of a humanoid fox line which attracts teens into animals like bees to honey. Chespin line never had a chance, poor thing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Mewtwo

Chance: 85%

Being the most iconic legendary Pokemon out there, as well as one of the most popular Pokemon, already puts him pretty high in terms of luckiness. However, the way how he was cut from Brawl due to time constraints and was only implemented as DLC in Smash 4 makes me a bit more skeptical about his return on the base roster, but I still think he has a very good chance.

Want: 60%

While I was a fan of the Pokemon when I was younger and enjoyed using him in Melee despite how meh he was in that game, I've been losing interest in Mewtwo as the years went by. It reached the point that seeing him in return in Smash made me react with a simple, "Oh, Mewtwo is coming back. Cool." I'm indifferent to Mewtwo at best at the moment, but I do acknowledge he makes a very good fit on the Smash roster. If he returns, I'd be fine with that because he has his reasons, but if he gets cut, I won't be bothered all that much.

------

Predictions

Impa (The Legend of Zelda): 73.28%

Definitely one of the series' strongest contenders, but her many different incarnations will probably hold her down a bit.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Mewtwo Chance - 85%: He somehow failed to make the base roster and Brawl. It makes no sense to cut him, but I could list several characters he should've been in over for both Brawl and the base SSB4 roster. Just saying, dumber things have happened before.

Mewtwo Want - 100%: The only Pokemon that is an individual and thus an actual character instead of a generic animal. There are other legendaries but they have no chance of being in Smash.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mewtwo
Chance: 90%
He has been low priority before and DLC is uncharted territory for the next game's base roster at the moment, but he is a clear fan favorite and one many would like to stay. Overall, I'd say he's more likely to return then not, there's just that small chance things don't go his way.

Want: 70%
He's fallen a bit out of favor for me and I prefer most of the other Pokémon in Smash, but I would like to see him return.

Nomination: Lycanroc x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mewtwo chances: 91%
After failing to join the original Smash 64 game alongside Bowser, King Dedede and Marth, Mewtwo managed to get a playable spot in the next game, Melee, as one of the secret characters. In the game after, Brawl, Sakurai had a lot of ideas for playable Pokémon representatives, including the representation of the actual Pokémon protagonist aka the Pokémon Trainer himself whose execution needed several dedicated unique Pokémon movesets, as well as a representative of the newer generations. This led all Pokémon veterans besides obviously Pikachu to become low priority at best, and although Jigglypuff survived the transition, Mewtwo didn't, even though evidence in the game's code suggests that Sakurai wanted it back but couldn't.

This unfortunate event led many people to be disappointed, and wonder whether the next installment would be kinder to Mewtwo. But even with that unfortunate Smash accident it managed to keep its relevance in the Pokémon universe, keeping its popularity coming from its power, design, and lore, and being given Game Freak's attention in the next few years with a surprise signature move in generation V and, more importantly, being used to tease a new major mechanic in generation VI that was later revealed to be Mega Evolutions.

That period during which Mewtwo was the center of attention of the Pokémon fanbase also overlapped with the speculation period of Super Smash Bros. 4, and that level of care given to Mewtwo from Game Freak themselves combined with the backlash back in the Brawl post-release days made most people believe that Mewtwo was a safe bet for Smash 4 as they thought there would be no reason to not give it considerably higher priority than during Brawl's development. But as it actually turned out a Pokémon newcomer part of the newest generation was revealed, making people overall less confident about Mewtwo's chances - and rightfully so with the roster at the game's launch not featuring any Psychic-type Pokémon.

With such a high caliber as a contender from the Smash fanbase's general viewpoint, there was a lot of division between people who accepted that Sakurai no longer sees Mewtwo as a deserving all-star and those who thought it simply was victim of low priority again - higher priority given to the newer Pokémon to represent the fact the series still delivers new creatures which are as relevant as the old ones makes a lot of sense in hindsight - not counting those who were expecting post-release DLC, a topic with no consensus back then on whether those would be embraced in Smash or not, and likely expected Mewtwo to be one of them.

Then in October, in a stream whose advertised purpose was to showcase specific features from the Wii U version of Smash 4, it was time for a special announcement. In a solemn way, Mewtwo's model was shown, then the announcer confirmed that the Pokémon was indeed going to be added in the roster post-release: those who thought Sakurai still cared about Mewtwo's place in Smash were proven right.

Interestingly enough, Sakurai once said in an interview commenting about all Smash 4 DLC characters that he was aware of Mewtwo's popularity, but wasn't able to add it to the initial roster, giving more credit to the "outpriorizited by the most recent generation Pokémon" theory.

So what does that mean? I think the factors that led to Mewtwo missing Brawl and Smash 4 — respectively a huge amount of new Pokémon movesets to make and completely missing the previous game — do not exist today, and Sakurai might not want to hear about a new Mewtwo fiasco again and make sure it gets in the base game for the first time since Melee to not reuse the same character as the face of Smash DLC.

I didn't write this wall of text specifically for this post, instead I mostly copy-pasted it from a previous post of mine. Sorry to disappoint you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mewtwo want: 100%
One of the most popular and memorable Pokémon for good reasons, Mewtwo is one of those timeless icons of the franchise who definitely got the caliber to be one of its playable representatives in Super Smash Bros. I like the character and its Smash moveset, so I'd love Mewtwo to be able to join the base roster again.

Impa prediction: 19.92%

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x3
Returning game mode: Smash Run x2

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo

After his big reveal in Smash 4 I doubt Mewtwo stays low priority.

It's Mewtwo.

Nominating KOS-MOS x5

Impa Prediction: 29.11%

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Mewtwo

Just see my post on Lucas again. He's going nowhere.

Want: 90%

He's fun and belongs in this series at this point.

Predictions for Impa: 29.75%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo:

Chance: 90%
Mewtwo isn't leaving anytime soon. It's an iconic character from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it was considered for every Smash title, and it managed to find a way into Smash 4 through sheer popularity. Mewtwo historically has an unfortunate relationship with time restraints, though; while Sakurai seems to care enough about the character to prevent this from happening again, this factor nevertheless manages to impact Mewtwo's chance at returning for Smash 5.

Want: 80%
It's a great Pokemon.

Nominations:
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x5

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance 90% (base game) 100% return: I see no reason he won't return. Whether in base or DLC.

Want 95%: He is one of my favorite Pokemon. However, I hate the Mega Evolution Final Smash.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

Top Bottom