• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Double abstain

------

Predictions:

Ashley (WarioWare): 24.31%

If that Mii Costume in Smash 4 is anything to go by, she is quite popular.

------

Nominations

Takumi (Fire Emblem Fates): x3
Leo (Fire Emblem Fates): x2

Both are safe this time.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Henry Fleming
Chance: 5%
Which is also the amount of dollars I paid for Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
Want: 50%
Only because I feel sorry for him.

Ashley prediction: 32%
Noms: Dr. Mario x5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Henry Fleming

Chance: 1%
His game bombed horribly, so his only chance is if Sakurai decides to look into very obscure IPs for characters with unique movesets.

Want: Abstain
Yet again, a character from a game I have not played yet. I really should get around to playing at least some of these games.

Predictions:
Ashley: 17%

Nominations:
Master Chief x5

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Captain America

Chance: 3%. Codename STEAM was a glop, and wouldn't even be relevant enough for consideration in 2016, when Smash 5's development likely started.

Want: 15%. His moveset could be fun with the steam mechanics! No particular attachment outside of that.

Predictions

Ashley: 11%. If they're gonna add another Wario rep, it's probably her. (Not counting Waluigi, of course.)

Nominations: Snip + Clip x4, Blue Bowser x1 (sorry, hard to break the habit!)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Henry Fleming
Chances: 2%
His game bombed beyond bombing.
Want: 5%
I'm not really opposed to him but I'd prefer if next game's additions were all or mostly bigshots, all-stars, whatever you want to call them, and Henry unfortunately runs counter-current to that. Those sales are just too low for me lol.

Predictions: Ashley 26%
Nominations: Gooey x 5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Henry Fleming

10% Chance
Abstain Want

Timing helps but his game did bomb. Never played

Nominating Spyro x 5

DAY OVER, CALCS INCOMING, Wyoming Wyoming PLEASE SEND A NOMS LIST CAPPING THIS POST FOR THE PURGE

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Henry Fleming

4.14% Chance
26.76% Want

Well, Dark Matter had only a one day stint at the bottom. Hooray? Also guess S.T.E.A.M bombing hurt Henry a lot.

@Megaban gets 5 extra noms today.

Today we got Ashley up to bat. Please rate the witch in chance and want. Also please the scores for Geno.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ashley

Chance: 20%
The witch is popular, and while she does seem like the next choice for a WarioWare character, I still have doubts about that franchise getting anything else besides Wario.

Plus, the series hasn't really done much lately. I don't think her chances are any higher than what they were last time.

She'd be cool, I guess. Don't really care either way.

Geno prediction: 14.4%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not see Ashley being a playable character. She would have to be highly promoted in the WarioWare series and appear in Mario spinoffs for me to consider her at the least a possible candidate. We could see that huge promotion of her character via WarioWare Gold in Japan that is coming to 3DS, but her promotion has only gone as far as her frequently appearing in various badges in the 3DS Badge Arcade. It is hard to imagine Nintendo wanting Sakurai to push Ashley to playable in the same way as Rosalina with the current promotional situation the little witch is in now.

x5 Octolings

D

Deleted member

Ashley

She does have some popularity in both sides of the world.
However, WarioWare's been quite dormant up until recently, so I don't see her being a priority due to irrelevance.

Want: 40%
I don't know much about her but I'm all for more magic users.
However, she's not a very high priority of mine as I am not too familar with her, and I have preference when it comes to Mario associated newcomers.

Susie x3, Mimikyu x2

Last edited by a moderator:

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Ashley

Chance: 33%
WarioWare is still going strong, even if the reception has seen better days. Most importantly, it's still receiving plenty of representation in Smash despite there being many other sources that Wario could draw from. Wario has appeared in many, many games of all shapes and sizes before, so pigeonholing him as just a WarioWare rep would be doing him a disservice. In fact, it could be argued that WarioWare has yet to receive a "true" rep despite the success of the series. If it does get a rep, it'll almost certainly be Ashley.

Ashley is by far the fan favorite choice for new WarioWare rep, which in Sakurai's mind would likely take precedence over the seniority of in-series competition like Mona, 9-Volt and Jimmy T. Unlike Mona, who gets a different job every game, Ashley has consistent appearances as a witch. This consistency would lend much more handily to a coherent, uniform moveset, whereas Mona would likely fall into the trap of pulling references from hyperspace (then again, randomness might be a plus for WarioWare). I don't think 9-Volt is in the running at all, since all his obvious moveset would do is take away playability chances from true Retro reps while not doing anything to bring WarioWare to mind. Mr. Thang doesn't have any notable drawbacks on his own, but for him as well as any other possible WarioWare rep it really can't be understated how big the gap in popularity is.

It's remarkable how much fan love Ashley has received. In Japan she's more popular than even some pretty prominent Nintendo icons, you'd be forgiven for thinking she had her own series. Sakurai is clearly aware of this, having done several iterations of her theme as well as making her an assist trophy and mii costume in Smash 4. Even Nintendo in general seems to know just how beloved Ashley is, seeing how much she appeared in the Nintendo Badge Arcade. Her fanbase isn't always the wholesome bunch, but with how much Ashley has been promoted regardless and especially seeing how she was presented in the Nintendo Badge Arcade I doubt Nintendo thinks that's a minus.

Moveset potential is an interesting case, since the very nature of WarioWare would be difficult to translate as anything other than a walking pile of microgame references. There's no one instance where she's shown with what could amount to a full moveset. That being said, there are quite a few potential inspirations shown in cutscenes and revealed in her general character. She has her wand of course, which she could use to cast all manner of hocus pocuses (her assist trophy represents this as giving opponents status effects, which is rather unique compared to the current playable cast). She can also fire lightning outright, even without any tools. She can brew a mean potion, which could do who-knows-what. She's created monsters before, which could feature in some of her stronger attacks. She can ride a broom, which would cover recovery nicely. Perhaps one of her strongest assets would be that her wand isn't just a wand; it can transform into her flying henchman, Red. Red comes equipped with his own pitchfork, and if the demand for spear users is anything to go by people really love their thrusting weapons. Since he's his own character, he could also double as a puppet in the same vein as Luma. Even if you never look to the microgames for inspiration, there's a surprising amount to work with.

Ashley was already represented pretty thoroughly in Smash 4, but considering how negatively people reacted to non-playable representations of characters as well as how afterwards fans often brought up how Ashley should be playable in particular I doubt Sakurai would think her fans were satisfied. Her dual personalities in the East and West may cause issues with how she's represented in the game, but presumably the localizers would be equipped to smooth things over. As for whether WarioWare needs another rep in the first place, all that can be said is that she has less and less obstacles as the list of unrepresented Nintendo all-stars dwindles. It is worth asking, though, why Ashley wasn't playable in Smash 4; WarioWare hasn't had the most stellar last few years, so if he had any hang-ups before it's unlikely that they would've been cleared up since then. At the same time, it's not like Ashley has been losing relevancy in the last few years either; Her popularity transcends her series. Perhaps the slow march of time will make her all the more attractive a pick, as the undying loyalty of her base persists?

Want: 95%
The more I've talked about Ashley the more I've warmed up to her, both in terms of chance and want. Seeing another character with a W behind their name would be a lovely surprise, and the fans receiving the ultimate reward for their dedication would be quite a touching tale. A cute design and an interesting personality don't hurt either, and if you're into this sort of thing she represents niches like magic user, female, and child, the latter two having never before appeared together in Smash. I'm still concerned about her moveset so I'm hesitant to give too ringing an endorsement, but there should be enough to work with to keep the mental gymnastics limited. If Sakurai expands on her assist trophy and makes her a fighter based around status infliction, she could provide a truly unique role for players to experience.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Ashley

Chances: 35%
She's popular in Japan and she wouls make a good 2nd rep for WarioWare.

Want: 0%
Personal preference.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x5

:171:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Henry Fleming

4.14% Chance
26.76% Want

Well, Dark Matter had only a one day stint at the bottom. Hooray? Also guess S.T.E.A.M bombing hurt Henry a lot.

@Megaban gets 5 extra noms today.

Today we got Ashley up to bat. Please rate the witch in chance and want. Also please the scores for Geno.
I don't know how to feel about the fact that Chrom is no longer the character in my signature with the lowest chance score.

Ashley
Maybe, but I doubt it. Though maybe it's just me having blinders on since I still see Wario mostly as a Mario character.

Eh.

Predicting a 12.12 for Geno
Nominating English Marth x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Chance: 10%
Want: 25%

She really seems to fit well into Smash's aesthetic, so I could see it. Mostly indifferent, but I really have no connection to the Wario series and have a lot of people in line I would like in first.

Geno prediction: 24.3%
Nom: something from Skyrim x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ashley

Chance: 50%
She’s one of those characters that’s always around the realm of relevancy, yet is also extremely popular. It’s really just a matter of whether the devs want her.

Want: 80%

Geno prediction: 2%
I’m sensing a backlash about Geno, and if a recent first party like Fleming can go so low then so can Geno.

Nominations: Mach Rider x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Ashley
Chance: 70%
Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion? You better learn her name because she is Ashley! Ashley has been in quite an interesting situation. She has popularity on her side, the Warioware games are still going on strong, and a new game is coming for the 3DS. I think it is about time Warioware receives a second rep, but Ashley has to compete with other hosts such as Mona. However Ashley has received a lot of love in the Smash games with remixes of her song, being an assist trophy and a Mii costume. So I am confident Sakurai would pick her as the second Warioware rep if he wants to include one.

And let's not forget she also has moveset potential as she is a witch after all! You know, curses, spells, hexes and her minion Red to assist her. Ashley is up and ready to be a newcomer, but as I said the real obstacle is going to be Sakurai if he feels Warioware needs another character.

Want: 100%
You can see that she is one of my "infinity stones". Ashley is a character I have supported since the Pre-Brawl days. I adore the little witch and think she can fit in with the wacky cast of Smash.

Geno: 33.45%

x5 to Simon Belmont

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Everyone at 24 noms and less be gone after this post. Not sure how you want to deal with new nominations. Same as usual?

@andimidna yes your noms were counted for Dark Matter's day.

Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo) x252
Veteran: Lucas x238
Veteran: Mewtwo x215
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x210
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x206
Agumon x200
Black Shadow x191

199-150

Ganon x191
Veteran: Greninja x186
Impa x172
Urban Champion x170
Lycanroc x161

Bomberman x155
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x155
Dark Samus x154
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x153

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x150

149-100

Funky Kong x149

Travis Touchdown x149
Kamek x145
Spyro x144

Sans (Undertale) x143
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x142
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x130
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x125
Lip (Panel de Pon) x121
Mipha x120
Masked Link x119

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x115
Simon Belmont x115
Azura (Fire Emblem) x110
Linkle x105

Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Octoling x100
Sylux x100
Gengar x100

99-75

Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x99
Ryu Hayabusa x95
Concept: Skyrim representation x95
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x93
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x93
Cranky Kong x89
Parabo and Satebo x89
Excitebiker x87

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x86
Thwomp x83

2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x75

74-50

Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x72
Klonoa x70
Labo related character x68
Papyrus (Undertale) x68
Katrielle Layton x66
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x60
Zeraora (Pokémon) x58
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x55
Sakura Shinguji x53

Veteran: Roy x51

Lara Croft x50

49-30:

Veronica (Fire Emblem) x49
Susie (Kirby) x48
Mimikyu x48
Barbara The Bat x45

Lloyd Irving x42
Steve (Minecraft) x42
Veteran: Dr. Mario x42
Slippy Toad x40
KOS-MOS x40

Concept: Wars character x39
Sable Prince x39
Gooey (Kirby) x37
Starfy x36

Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Django (Boktai) x35
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x34
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34

Ray (Custom Robo) x33
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x33

Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x32
Dragonite x32
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x31
Primarina x30
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x30
Tingle x30

29-25

Snorlax x29
Tom Nook x28
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Viridi x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x27
Tails x27

Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x26
Ghirahim x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Toon Zelda x25
Stage: New Donk City x25
Arcade Bunny x25

Purged:

Veteran: Palutena x22
Scizor x 21
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Mach Rider x17
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Tora and Poppi x17
Concept: Female Announcer x15

Veteran: Robin x 14
Petey Piranha x13
Slime (Dragon Quest) x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x10
Quote x10
Concept: Core Crystal Item (XC2) x10
Porygon x10
Concept: Battlefield Version of Stages x10

Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Dragonborn x9
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Bubbles x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x10
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Dr. Kawashima x5
Sudowoodo x5
Alex Kidd x5

Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
King Boo x4
Concept: Boss Battles Returns x4 (NEW)
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Saki x3
Weavile x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1
Stage: Sheikah Shrine x1
Stage: Ultra Space x1
Stage: Miitopia Stage x1
Stage: Happy Home Designer x1
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x1 (NEW)
T-Rex x1 (NEW)
[/B]

Changes:

A new top 7, of course.
Marth/Roy speaking English, Dark Samus, and Qbby break 150 noms
Octoling, Sylux, and Gengar break 100 noms
Thwomp and Tetra break 75 noms
Sakura breaks 50 noms
Tingle, Nia/Dromarch, Masked Dedede FS, Starfy, and KOS-MOS break 30 noms
Tingle, Starfy, Toon Zelda, Viridi, Indie Character, Arcade Bunny, New Donk City, Tails, Ghirahim, and 9-Volt saved from the purge on the final day.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ashley

Chance: 25%
She's decently popular from the looks of it, especially considering her assist trophy...I'd say she's definitely the most likely character from the warioware series to get into Smash as a fighter but personally I'm not sure if it even will

Want: 70%
A witch that could potentially use a shapeshifting devil in her attacks as well as use magic to mess with other players...sounds interesting...

Otherwise I don't have much of a connection to the character since I've really been into the warioware games at all...

----

Geno-43.51%

----

Dark Samus x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yes I know for some reason it does that if I dare move a character up. It doesn't even show up when I preview the post before posting.

BinWeevil28

Banned via Administration
Ashley

Chances: 8%

She is one of those characters that better suit assist trophy status.

Netural on her, but if she had a witch like move-set, it would be great!

Geno: 5%. Square Enix is getting in the way

Nominate Tails x3 and Kamek x2

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Ashley
Chance: 5%
She is popular enough in the Smash community, but does she really have anything else going for her? She isn't a well known Nintendo character and while WarioWare has been decently successful, it hasn't gotten big enough to warrant a second playable character imo.

Want: 10%
I don't think WarioWare needs any other playable characters atm. If Ashley were to cross over into the main Mario series even just in spinoffs, I would rate her higher in both.

Geno: 30.67%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Neku x2, Mipha x2

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ashley:

Chance: 45%
I think there's a decent chance.
She was deemed worthy enough to receive a Mii costume in Smash 4 DLC.
She's gained some numbers and exposure since her debut.
WarioWare is a series still kicking and selling well.

Want: 55%
Could be a fun character to have in terms of move set. A witch that's more about spells and witchcraft would be interesting to see.

Geno prediction: 22.3%

Nominate Black Shadow x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Ashley

Chance: 15%

Decently popular, and being a witch (in the traditional sense) could give her a unique moveset. If Warioware were to have a newcomer it likely would be her.
But she's not the most requested character ever and most the fact that the most recent Warioware game was released back in 2013 also won't really help.

Want: 20%

Don't really care.

Predictions for Geno: 35.51%

Nominations: Canon DK/Bowser/Diddy voices x5

D

Deleted member

That Girl Next Door, Living in the Haunted Mansion

Chance: 10%

Being one of the few Assist Trophies to also get a Mii costume (alongside Takamaru and Isabelle), I have a feeling she's one of the likelier ones to get a promotion. But I'm not going to be too confident here, since I could be totally wrong.

Don't care either way.

...And if I said no, I'd have been toast.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She can rule the world and still finish all her homework!

Chance: 70%

Ashley is a character who's chances for Smash people sleep on IMO. Considering her popularity in both the West and Japan (the latter which is very crucial for a character to have), I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up out of nowhere. WarioWare is one of those series that pop up every now and then so relevancy may or may not hurt her.

No preference either way.

Prediction: Geno

Chance: 28%
Want: 42%

Nominations

Masked Link X 3
Mike Jones X 2

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Ashley Chance:
60%
The main thing that is going for Ashley would be her massive popularity. You can see from both regions with the wide amount of 3DS themes and badges. Another thing going for her would be the DLC fighter costumes. I think it shows which characters that Sakurai thinks are important and would consider for Smash 5. Characters like Takamaru, Ashley, and Isabelle are of note because they are assist trophies that also got Mii costumes.
This may just be me being dumb, but one of the things that may prevent her from getting in would be Wario. In Smash 4, he was put as a secret character. It would be strange if they announced Ashley without already announcing Wario. They could also have her as a secret character too, so eh. I guess it depends on how they handle Wario. I'm probably just worrying for nothing.

Ashley Want:
100%
My most wanted newcomer. I like the Warioware games and all, but it's more about Ashley. I just really like her character and think her moveset would be awesome, centering around magic and debuffs.

Geno Prediction:
29.46%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

D

Deleted member

The little witch

She has popularity, a fair moveset potential... And that's pretty much it.

I've barely played to the Wario Ware games, or any Wario game for the matter. But I give her a pass.
A witch character is something Smash doesn't have a lot of.

Noms:
Concept: Battlefield form x5

Geno prediction: 8.63%

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Ashley

Chance - 30%

She's super popular in Japan from what I hear, and got a ton of badges in that Nintendo Badge Arcade game because of it. If WarioWare gets another character, it'll be her without a doubt.

I still think things like a general lack of notable appearances within the WarioWare series and the fact that I really doubt WarioWare will get another character anytime soon.

She's probably the best example of a character I don't think is going to be in SSB5, but is a very likely pick for SSB6.

Want - 60%

She says she is the coolest girl you'll ever meet, and while I doubt that, she is a pretty cool character. We don't really have a full, 100% mage character in Smash, and especially not a witch-esqe character. Plus, there's also the fact that she's super cute, and her theme song is fire. I like cute things and music. Sue me.

However, if we're talking WarioWare, I'd honestly rather have Jimmy T. and the Legendary Cat Dancers.

Nominations:
Concept: Battlefield Form on All Stages x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ashley:

Chance:
30% - Deceptively likely given her popularity in Japan and Sakurai's fondness of WarioWare, but still not so much that I actually expect her.

Want: 20% - I don't really like the character archetype, and I far prefer Wario Land to WarioWare. If we're talking dark magic I'd also far prefer Skull Kid.

Nominations:
Greninja x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ashley

Chance: 40%
Want: 10%
I could see it happen. Japan loves her from what I understand.

Nominations
Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion?

You'd better learn my name, 'cause I am-- ASH-LEY!

Chance: 25%
I do not think it takes more characters to represent Wario Ware unfortunately, it will remain as Assist Trophy again.

Want: 90%
Wario Ware I like, I have the of Game Boy and DS, and Ashley I love and his character, I hope I'm wrong and really appear as a fighter.

Last edited:
You better know her name 'cuz it's aaaashley!

Ashley is one of the surprisingly big characters out there. She got an AT this time around AND a mii costume. Not only that, but she's been used in promotion for all sorts of things. For the badge arcade she was one of the big characters promoted along with Nikki and I think Isabelle(not sure).

Popular, used for plenty of promotion, and easy moveset potential because magic. Her biggest demerits are that I don't think we've had a game appearance between now and smash release and that Ashley is a side character in a relatively small series. I think there were warioware cameos in a game but im not 100% sure when that happened. Warioware gold would be too late as well. She might get out prioritized but I would not even be remotely surprised by her getting in.

No attachment to the character. Abstaining from want.

Noms
Marth and Roy English VAs x5
:061:

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Ashley
Chance- 38%
Want- 100%

If you've followed the bracket thread or my nominations, you know I'm a supporter. Don't have time to say much more, but I second most of what's said in the excellent write up by Slyshock Slyshock . Her popularity is often understated, and the fact that she got both an Assist Trophy and a Mii costume is pretty impressive. Don't understand any sentiment against adding a full WarioWare character- the series has more than earned it by now. In fact, it's actively useful to help differentiate the series from Mario more clearly for the casual player from "Why is Wario dressed weirdly?" and a stage.

Geno Predictions- 10%

Nominations:
Impa x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom