• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain on Gene. I know nothing about him.

Concept: Another Western character

Chance: 50%
This one's a coinflip for me. On the one hand, Banjo getting in does show that they are willing to cooperate with Western companies. On the other hand, he was one of the most requested characters for Smash, and could very well be the exception, not the standard. It's hard to say at this point.
Want: 50%
It depends, really. Characters like Doomguy or Scorpion aren't really my cup of tea. However, I would be fine with someone like Spyro (at least after Activision gets their act together, if that ever happens) getting in. It's a matter of preferance, really.

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Arf arf, Dog Hand. Yeah that's the best I got. I could be here all day.

Chance: 10%. The guy faces incredibly stiff competition, what with the likes of Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Okami, and even more stellar Capcom series. They beat the ever-loving **** out of him in terms of fan demand and relevance, so really, I really don't think he has anything resembling a shot.

Want: Abstain, a good, direct grasp on his abilities and I'd give him an actual score. I don't have a good metric on if a ton of people want him so I won't use that as an excuse either.

Super Smash Bros x Cowboys, coming to theaters in 2020.

Chance: 50%, but this is highly dependant on what the timeframe we're looking at is. If we're talking about any potential spot in the DLC, I'd give it an 80%, because there's simply so many highly desired candidates that another western character is a when. But if we're talking character 5, it's a hell of a lot lower, let's say 30%. There's no real way to gauge how many we're gonna get since it's so deeply woven into the total amount of characters we're gonna get. If we're gonna hit 100 Numbered Fighters at the end of DLC, then it's all but certain. If we're only getting 3 more post-pass characters, and they're all first party, the only one that stands a chance is Mike Jones. There's not any real way to truly gauge the chances of it on its own, if I must be honest, so I made it a coinflip.

Want: 100%. Why would I ever not put that there, when I actively desire Crash and Frisk, and still hold a soft spot for Rayman?

Arle x 5, though I think Lloyd's a little low. Kyo doesn't really have to worry about Terry anymore, but I think people are gonna underrate him and his abilities out of ignorance, unfortunately. 5.95%

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Gene
Chance 1%:Gene have not appeared on a Nintendo system, The game floped and has competition with Another Capcom characters.
Want abstain: I never played God Hand so I got nothing to say in terms of want.
Another Western Rep
Chance 50%:While more Western Characters is possible I'm not expecting more than 3 or 4
considering that we're not even sure if every major western company can be lenient like microsoft and sakurai wants to support more to japanase game industry.
Want 75%:I would like to see more characters from the west like Crash, Scorpion,Master Cheif,Rayman and other western characters.
Predictions:Kyo Kusanagi-3%
Nominations:Sackboy X5

D

Deleted member

Mean Gene from the all time classic Super Mario RPG

Chance: 1%

God Hand is a cult classic and was the last game before the fall of Clover Studio and the creation of PlatinumGames, but I can't see this happening even for another Capcom rep. Gene hasn't made any appearances on any of Capcom's crossovers aside from cameos apparently, so it's hard for me to imagine that he'd be in Smash before any of the big names from other Capcom franchises in Smash.

Want: 40%

Unpopular opinion time. Most of the main Capcom reps that get brought up all the time are pretty eh. I could live with Leon, Jill, Dante, Phoenix Wright, etc. not being in Smash since they don't appeal to me and I've already seen them in a lot of other Capcom related crossovers, but I can understand why they'd be in Smash. God Hand, however, is the strangest franchise to add in Smash because it doesn't really make a whole lick of sense for Capcom to do it which might be enough for me to get behind Gene being another Capcom rep. While he might not be my most wanted Capcom character, I'd piss myself seeing him in Smash because of how insanely out there of a pick he is. I don't even care if Gene's got moveset potential or not; being a character that's considerably obscure for Capcom is something I'd be okay with seeing in Smash.
------------------------
Someone from the Wild Wild West

With Banjo & Kazooie in Smash and Sans being in as a Mii Costume, Sakurai seems more open to working with Westerners for Smash now. I can't really judge on this properly, but I'm thinking it's a cointoss because it seems rather unpredictable at this point. There's not much else I could add unfortunately.

I took a look at most of the characters I wanted in Smash, and man a ****load of them are from Japanese IPs. I can't really say I'd want another Gaijin character in Smash if we leave it as another Western rep since there's so many of them that don't appeal to me. However, I am split with the want rating on this since I'd like to see Geralt from the Witcher series and some potential indie characters in Smash like Cadence or any of the characters from Devolver Digital's games. That's more than enough for me to be split down the middle for my thoughts on another Western rep.
------------------------
Predictions:
Kyo: 11.2%

------------------------
Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Plank08

Smash Lord
0% Chance
He has to deal with pretty stiff competition with all the other Capcom reps, and I don’t even know who he is so that’s pretty telling
Sackboy x 5 (also I thought I put a pretty valid reason why I didn’t think Jin would happen but Sackboys points never got added)

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gene(ric)
Chance: 0%
He's from a one-off PS2 exclusive made by the same company that owns Resident Evil, DMC, and Ace Attorney. Do I really need to explain why this won't happen?
Heck, he hasn't even been in Capcomls own crossover fighting series yet.
Want: N/A
I'll abstain from this for now since I haven't played his game yet.

Newcomer from a non-Japanese game publisher
Chance: 85%
Before the last Direct, I probably would have rated this lower. The confirmation of DLC continuing beyond the Fighter Pass, however, changes things a bit. I feel that if DLC goes on for long enough and the new characters continue to be third party, there has to be AT LEAST one more western character eventually.
Want: 100%
Crash is pretty much the only character I actively want in Smash Bros. So this gets an automatic 100% since Crash is a western character.

Kyo prediction: 0.2%
Noms: Ryu Hayabusa x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
0% Chance
He has to deal with pretty stiff competition with all the other Capcom reps, and I don’t even know who he is so that’s pretty telling
Sackboy x 5 (also I thought I put a pretty valid reason why I didn’t think Jin would happen but Sackboys points never got added)
It's not about the points you make, the reasoning's way too short. You have to give at least two sentences of reasoning per every score you give.
Gene(ric)
I assure you God Hand is anything but that.

Troykv

Smash Master
Gene (God Hand)

Chance and Want: Abstain

I have not idea about Gene, and I can't go into specifics because my knowledge it's pretty much limited to God Hand being a somewhat... special experience... I need to play it before having a proper opinion.

Concept: Another Western Character

I personally believe there is at least a coin flip possibility of a Western Character thanks to the power of globalization and the fact we actually have more DLC, and that implies more companies joining to the party (I only really expect a small part of those characters to be First Parties). So another Western Character can definitely happen.

Want: 60%

Yeah sure why not? I'm mostly into Japanese stuff, but I see the appeal of many franchises, even some I have played myself like Crash.

Predictions:

Kyo Kusanagi: 2.3% (We won't have mercy I guess?)

Nominations:

Now that Micaiah is locked (I need to stop my procrastinate and actually finish modifying that old post)... so...

Ryu Hayabusa x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Gene

He's a very very niche Capcom character. And it doesn't help Capcom has great competition with the likes of Resident Evil, Dante, Phoenix Wright etc.

Want: ABSTAINED. Considering I just heard of this character.

Western Rep..... in America!

Chance: 15%

I'm really not that optimistic about their chances. Even though Microsoft had no problem themselves lending out Banjo, Sakurai still had difficulty with communicating with the devs due to the language barrier. It feels like a miracle for Banjo to be in TBH. And not to mention that Western characters are more isolated compared to characters originating in Japan. The notable characters mostly have popularity in both Japan and outside of it, but with Western characters they're popular in America and the ones that are also popular in Japan can be counted on one hand. Like Banjo for example.

There is one character I wouldn't mind for a Western rep. Bad*** Death from Darksiders would be fine with me. Helps that his owner isn't competing for worst Video Game Company in the world which is being held in North America.

Kyo Prediction: 1.28%

Nominate Sol Badguy x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gene

Chance - 0% - Clover Studio's games have always been cult classics, but some have stood head above shoulders in terms of who is more likely. Ammy and Joe have kinda become their go to for stuff like this, and even then they aren't being used that much to my knowledge these days. I don't see him at all.

Want - 30% - Amaterasu would be my pick if Capcom where to revive a Clover Studios character. I don't care about him.

2nd Western Character

Think I'll actually abstain on this one. I have no idea how to properly evaluate this...

Nominations

Farmer X5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Kyo Kusanagi.

Predict Amaterasu.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Really like how much the pace has picked up on these as of late

Kyo

Chance 0 - Hmmm ok, let's see what series he's from. Ok it's...... oh. That's unfortunate. Really though, can't see them tossing in another SNK rep after Terry. I didn't think we were even getting 1 SNK rep before Terry was announced and two feels very unlikely when there are a lot of companies out there that have better options than SNK do for a first or 2nd rep in for DLC

Want 0 - No attachment to the character and there's a laundry list of characters I'd want first. Would probably be slightly disappointed if Kyo was added to the game.

Predict Ammy- Lots of competition for a potential Capcom spot but I think they'll get someone. Going about 18.93%

Noms
League of Legends rep x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some songs to get into the Kyo mood:

Rating will be later.

D

Deleted member

Kyo Kazuma

Chance: Abstain

Due to Terry coming out next month, I can't rate Kyo's chances properly for me to give an actual percentage. We know his hand made a cameo during Terry's trailer, but that's mainly it. We don't know if he's going to be a spirit or not, so unfortunately, I'm abstaining today.

Want: 30%

I was mainly okay with an SNK rep so that we can stop hearing about people saying Bandai-Namco and Capcom are guaranteed to get characters in the Fighter Pass, and I'm glad that they were wrong and that Terry looks great. With that said, another SNK rep isn't something I want since I'm rather indifferent to most of the characters they own including Kyo. He does look pretty cool, but if we were to get another SNK character specifically from KoF, I prefer Iori.

--------------------------
Predictions:
Amaterasu: 2.56%

--------------------------

Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why did I stop getting notifications?

Double 0
Look, we just got Terry. And as of right now, no third party character has gotten a second unique character. And that's something I don't personally think will change. As for want, I don't really want another fighting game character.

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5 (I'd like to do more since missed a couple of days but oh well

Prediction

Amerterasu 6.3%

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

Chance: 20%, but this is a hard-call prediction. He will be a Mii Costume and a Spirit, as well as a cameo on Terry's stage. I do not believe Kyo will be playable in this game, though it is mostly because I suspect his fate is sealed as a DLC Mii Costume.

Want: Abstain. Haven't touched SNK because I've got a lot on my plate. Fighting games usually aren't my forte; Smash and Mortal Kombat are the only ones I'm not as good as a headless chicken at.

Arle x 5. Ammy faces some tough cookies, but I think she has nothing terribly wrong with her. 10.82%.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Kyo
Chance 0%
We just got terry, and I’m positive we are not getting another SNK character, and even if we did, I feel like Sakurai would want to experiment a bit, since Kyo doesn’t look very intresting. if he got high amounts of fan support, we could be talking, but for now, NO.
Want 0%
I didn’t even want terry, I just accepted it.
Sackboy x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My rating (along with noms and calcs updates) will come tomorrow, but if what I'm seeing is any indication then I'll be rating Kyo much higher than most.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Top 10 Photos Taken Moments Before Tragedy

1572058952808.png

Fun fact: we rated Kyo almost exactly one year ago from today, and it was in the middle of this rating day when the Grinch leak first appeared. Crazy times. I'll post my old rating here for old times sake.

Kyo Kusanagi

Since just about everyone so far has been abstaining on him it's clear he's not that well-known here which is completely understandable. I'll use this post to introduce KoF/Kyo briefly while also talking about my chance/want ratings:

So first off, The King of Fighters is one of SNK's most notable fighting game series. It utilizes 3v3 fighting where you switch to the next character if your character is KO'd (basically just squad strike in Smash Ultimate). With the exception of a few games (namely 2001 and XII), the KoF titles are incredibly fun to play through.

If you have a Switch you should check out KoF 98 (regarded as one of the most balanced FGs of all time) and if you have Steam check out 98 UM, 2002 UM, and XIII (they can run on basically any computer). All of those games are amazing and KoF XIII has some of the best sprite animation I have ever seen in a videogame period. XIV is also good though it isn't as populated online.

Kyo is the main protagonist of SNK's long-running series. As a descendant of the Kusanagi clan, he can incorporate flame-based moves into his already impressive melee attacks. He enters every KoF tournament in the hopes of claiming the self-proclaimed title every. Of course each tournament has some shady stuff going on behind the scenes, and starting with KoF 95 Kyo has frequently clashed with his cooler looking rival Iori.

Oh yeah and there are also a crap ton of Kyo clones in the series, both figuratively (Shingo) and literally due to when he got abducted by NESTS who cloned him in KoF 99. Maybe we can expect them as echos when Kyo becomes playable in the far off future.

Dating back to his debut in the King of Fighters 94, Kyo is easily one of the most popular SNK characters among Terry, Mai, and Geese. He has made many appearances in other games and was brought back into the spotlight with the release of KoF XIV. But how will that popularity help his chances in Smash?

Unfortunately, the chances of seeing everyone’s favorite high-school delinquent who can wield fire powers and also enters a 3v3 tournament every year are incredibly low. Some things he does have going for him for whatever they’re worth:
  • The King of Fighters games are insanely popular in China and Latin American countries. If you want to get an idea of how big it is in China, the 2014 Dayou Cup Grand Finals of KoF 97 racked over 500,000 views which was a record for fighting game views (source). To compare, Evo's biggest viewership was with FighterZ this August which had roughly 250,000 views. Also KoF 97 recently got a re-release for modern systems since it was so big in China.
  • SNK has a fairly strong relationship with Nintendo as many of their games (including many of the KoF games) are available on the Wii/U VC and the Switch. They also released SNK Heroines on the Switch last month and are releasing the Switch exclusive 40th anniversary collection later this year.
  • SNK’s recent revival to their glory days with the release of KoF XIV and the new Samurai Shodown game releasing next year has given the company a renewed interest in the west (though it is admittedly slow at the moment).
  • SNK has done a ton of crossovers featuring their popular characters in the past, most notably with the Capcom vs SNK games. They’ve also done crossovers featuring individual characters such as Geese in Tekken 7, Mai in Dead or Alive 5, Terry in EX Fighting Layer, and Iori in Arcana Blood. Kyo is one of SNK’s most popular characters so it is odd that he hasn’t made a specific guest appearance yet (maybe they're holding him off for something but that's just a hunch).
  • They’ve let Kyo and other SNK characters appear in a ton of popular mobile games (including Brave Frontier) so I think they would be more than happy to allow Kyo into Smash for easy promotion.
  • Sakurai has played King of Fighters in the past and apparently was so good at KoF 95 that he would win about 50 matches in a row. He even recalled an incident where he destroyed a non-gamer couple in KoF 95 and felt guilty about it afterwards (source).
  • The King of Fighters was the first fighting game to utilize 3v3 fights, albeit switching characters once you are KO’d. Ultimate is introducing squad strike mode which is exactly how KoF plays (yeah I'm really grasping at straws at this point).
Sadly he is not too requested, is third-party, and would have to compete with Terry Bogard in regards to an SNK slot.

Oh, and he'd also have to compete with a little game series known as Tekken who is more likely to have another FG rep due to Bamco's involvement in Smash and Heihachi being considered for SSB4.

What else would you expect from the guy who owns the Kyo support thread? Kyo is one of my all time favorite fighting game characters due to his rekka moveset and cocky personality. He'd translate into Smash very easily and would be a blast to use. Smash is lacking fighters with rekka-based movesets (the closest thing we have are the variants of Marth's side-B) and I think Kyo could easily bring a new and fun moveset to the table. Below is the concept I made for his rekka side-B to get an idea of how'd it go:

Another reason I would love Kyo in Smash is that means there is an excuse for SNK to add their amazing music into Smash. Seriously just listen to this stuff. Also if they included CvS2 music then we can get two of the most jammin' fighting game tracks of all time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will talk about Balloon Fighter in a separate post since my thoughts on Kyo took up most of it. For now I will say that Villager's up-B doesn't automatically deconfirm him.

Nominations: Kat & Ana x5

Anyway, onto this year's Kyo rating:

Chance: 0.1%
Kyo had his chance at getting that Smash invite but in the end it was Terry who got it. I doubt we’ll be getting another SNK character at all so his chances are pretty much done for. Best case scenario for him is that we get a Smash x King of Fighters crossover in the future if they ever decide to double-dip with SNK again, but I don’t see that happening. Terry’s stage seems to be an original King of Fighters arena stage so they are probably just going to combine elements from Fatal Fury and the King of Fighters games (the tournament hosted by Geese in Fatal Fury is also called King of Fighters to clear up any confusion). I’m expecting for Kyo to show up as a spirit, a mii costume, or as one of the background characters on Terry’s stage.

However, if Terry releases and there is no KoF/Kyo content, then I think he still has a chance for the future. Granted it'd be like a 5% chance at the absolute most though it'd at least be something. Again I'm not counting on this happening and I'm already prepared to welcome a Kyo mii costume with open arms.

Pretty sure this needs no explanation. He's my most wanted character and I would legit go crazy if he actually made it in. I also think KoF has a ton of amazing content to take from (like music and spirits for example), which is why I'm hoping we get at least some KoF content to coincide with Terry's release if Kyo can't happen. I said this in another thread but if Kyo gets into Ultimate as a playable character (mii costume doesn't count), I'll purchase every KoF game on the Switch eShop.

Off topic but damn I wish SNK would give Kyo some more love. He's the main character of their biggest series and yet he hasn't had a major crossover appearance in recent years. Even his rival Iori got in a crossover before him. Hopefully he gets his day soon...

Amaterasu chance prediction: 12.87%

Nominations:
Quote x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Kyo
Terry just got in. Kyo has no chance. There's just nothing else to say about him. If it wasn't for Terry getting in, maybe around a 3% chance. Even though he has no chance of coming as a playable character in ultimate, maybe they'll give him a Mii Costume or a Spirit.

Want: 0%
I don't think I even knew of SNK before Terry was put in smash. Safe to say, Kyo is nowhere near the top of my most wanted list.

Predictions: Ammy 9.63%

Noms:
League of Legends rep x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Not okay
Well this is some unfortunately timed nomination. Not only did we just get Terry Bogard, Kyo apparently also got Chrom'd in his trailer on top of that. If that ain't a sign he's not gonna be playable I don't know what is.

No hard feelings but I'm already satisfied enough with Terry so adding Kyo just seems unnecessary to me. With all due respect, I wouldn't like having two SnK reps so soon after another.

Amaterasu: 10.40%
Akira Howard x5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
A Dude who could not catch a floating latter

As others have said, we're literally about to get Terry. And even if you are a firm believer that DLC will only be completely third-party, ever, you'll have to admit that chances are still pretty low for any company or third-party series double-dipping (even if Ryo is apparently technically not from the same series as Terry). And wasn't he already shown standing in the background of Terry's stage?

I'm good on fighting game characters in Smash, sorry.

Predicting Amaterasu to get around 32.58%.

Nominating Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Kyo Kusanagi

Unfortunately Kyo's appearance in Terry's trailer sealed his fate as not being planned for Smash. Even then I find it unlikely Nintendo would double dip on SNK for another character. Kyo might appear as a mii costume and at the KoF stage, but I doubt he would appear as a playable character.

Want: 75%
Kyo would be a really cool character to add in Smash. His playstyle is really fun and more fighting game characters in Smash is always a good thing in my book. I do hope we get to see one more fighting game character as DLC.

Prediction: Amaterasu 19.3%
Nomination: Steve x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kyo Kusanagi

Chance: 0.5%

Really bad timing with noms. Major oof. He is one of the better second picks for a SNK rep, but if that happens, it wouldn't be for a long time. At this point, if Sonic hasn't gotten a second unique character (because I think he deserves it most for being the essential third party character in my eyes), then SNK out of all companies won't get a second unique rep. Plus I believe he is in the background of the stage and probably is going to get a spirit, so yeah, his chances are nigh impossible.

Want: Abstain

I've played a little bit of King of Fighters, but not nearly enough to have a connection to the character.

Noms: Geno x5

Predictions: Amaterasu - 25%

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Kyo Kusanagi

I don't think I need to say much here, other than "Terry already got in". Maybe as an alternate skin or a mii costume? But not a full fledged fighter.

Whether I like the character or not, it doesn't matter. SNK got its rep, it's time to share the love now. Because many, many want some of that sweet smashing love.

Predictions: Amaterasu - 22%
I think people realise she has decent chances, but also negatives that hold her back from being widely requested or considered.

Nominations: Riesz x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Kyo Kusanagi

Chance: 0%, at least for this Game. 10% for future games. Terry already got in, and Kyo tried to get the invitation, but he lost. However, future games are a possibility, but there would be other choices that could compete.

Want: 50%. Would be fun to play as, and more representation would be fun. Since I'm slowly becoming familiar with the franchise, that is all I'm going to say.

Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion and 3 for Earthworm Jim

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Wow, I find some of the things I'm reading really weird. Like how people seem to be judging Kyo as if he was the next fighter and not considering next season at all, how "SNK doesn't need another rep", how they seem to be confusing him with Ryo on the background or how they don't think he'll make it "because of Terry". Fatal Fury and KoF are not the same franchise, people.

That said...

Kyo Kusanagi
Chance: 10%
I don't think he has any chance for closing out the Pass, but as far as next season goes? Depending on how many characters we have, another SNK rep slot is a coin toss between him and Nakoruru imo.

I gave SNK in general a 40% in the last RTC they were present, but I do think there is a legitimate argument for how SNK's content that will come with Terry, particularly the stage, seems to be paying homage to many different SNK franchises and thus their chance of getting a second rep is smaller. That doesn't mean it's zero, though, and I think the SNK crew still has better chances than quite a few picks thrown out there...

Kyo has been in my top 8 for a few months now. I started nominating him around that time, along with Sari Sari , but stopped after the SNK leak happened because I knew one way or another the noms would become kinda obsolete... and they did. Kyo's chances are restricted to next season, but they're still there and I would love if he made the jump to playable and brought all of the original KoF characters and lore with him as Spirits and costumes.

That's it for me, really.

Predictions
Amaterasu: 12,5%

Nominations
[Rerate] Sora x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Imagine needing to sleep and getting ninja'd by 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus

I basically echo everything he said: Kyo's 100% not character five, but there's a small chance he could be in the post-FP DLC. Terry represents Fatal Fury, technically, and while yes it's a weird case, that still means we don't have a KoF character. I do believe that Sakurai would want to do that.

However possible doesn't mean probable. Just like before Terry, SNK again doesn't seem likely against the juggernauts yet to get in. Not to mention that, while Kyo definitely outranks any of his fighter brethren in fame and notoriety, I do believe Metal Slug might just beat him out.

Watch this be all rendered moot when he shows up in Terry's FS or something.

I like Kyo. Would be cool to see him get in. But no sweat off my back if he doesn't.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice

Honestly, I would've pegged Kyo to be a front runner of sorts for an SNK rep if it wasn't Terry. When the SNK trademark dropped, I thought of which of the major SNK characters didn't get any major guest crossover appearances yet (like Mai in Dead or Alive or Geese in Tekken 7). Since Terry had been in Fighting EX Layer, I thought that he wasn't likely, and thought that Kyo would've been nice to rep King of Fighters as a whole. Don't wanna say that Terry's announcement has killed all possibilities Kyo could get in, but as it stands, he's pretty unlikely.

I'm all for putting fighting game characters in Smash just because I wanna be able to expose more people to the genre, especially for Smash players who've never played a traditional FG before. Kyo would've been nice, but with Terry in as the SNK rep, I'd wanna see other major fighting games like Tekken, Soulcalibur or Mortal Kombat get represented instead.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x138
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x135
Blaze the Cat x125
Ninten x120
Rundas x115
9-Volt x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x100
Concept: Valve rep x95
Boss: Kracko x95
Prince of Persia x95
Frogger x85
Glover x85
Concept: Any grass-type starter x81
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x80
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x80
Proto Man x75
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Sol Badguy x60
Papyrus x56
Riesz (Mana) x55
Concept: League of Legends rep x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
Thrall (Warcraft) x50
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x45
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
[Rerate] Steve x45
[Rerate] Sora x45
Ryo Hazuki x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
[Rerate] Geno x30
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x30
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x25

Under 25

[Rerate] Dante x22
Earthworm Jim x21
Akira Howard x20
[Rerate] Quote x17
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x13
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
King Boo x10
Sackboy x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Rival Pokémon Trainer x5
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5
Francis York Morgan x5

Blaze the Cat skates past Ninten, takes third place.

Riesz and League of Legends rep cut through the 50 nom mark.

Today's newcomers are Rival Pokémon Trainer, Any new Xenoblade character, and Francis York Morgan, each with 5 noms.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Kyo:
Chance: 5%-I would've put an abstain here. Not because of any possible lack of familiarity with the character (which I don't have), but rather because Terry's not even out yet, and honestly, it would've been better to see all of his content before starting to judge other SNK characters. We don't know if Kyo is a spirit, or if the KOF stage comes with any songs that could work in pack for him. But because of the simple fact that we're just getting an SNK fighter, I think it's pretty likely that we won't see another one.
Want: 40%-He's not my personal favorite as far as KOF characters go, that's Iori. I do, however, the idea of having more KOF content, so he's welcome for that.

Nominations: Dante x5

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain on Kyo. I don't know anything about SNK in general, including the characters. All I know about Kyo is that apparently he can't catch a floating letter that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. No offense, but I don't think they took non-SNK fans into account with Terry's reveal...

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Adeleine
3.70% Chance, 51.15% Want
Winner of predictions was SKX31 SKX31 with 3.80%

Gene
1.84% Chance, 22.08% Want
Winner of predictions was Troykv Troykv with 1.65%

Another Western character
47.73% Chance, 69.25% Want
Winner of predictions was Troykv Troykv with 45.60%

So Troykv won two predictions in a single day, congratulations! That's gotta be some sort of record.

So, who has extra noms?

Artix Artix 10
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 47
Delzethin Delzethin 5
SKX31 SKX31 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 10
Ultomato Ultomato 5

Nominations: Terry x5
Uhhh, which Terry are you referring to?
All I know about Kyo is that apparently he can't catch a floating letter that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
Ngl this comment made me laugh.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Adeleine
3.70% Chance, 51.15% Want
Winner of predictions was SKX31 SKX31 with 3.80%

Gene
1.84% Chance, 22.08% Want
Winner of predictions was Troykv Troykv with 1.65%

Another Western character
47.73% Chance, 69.25% Want
Winner of predictions was Troykv Troykv with 45.60%

So Troykv won two predictions in a single day, congratulations! That's gotta be some sort of record.

So, who has extra noms?

Artix Artix 10
Awakining Awakining 5
DaUsername DaUsername 47
Delzethin Delzethin 5
SKX31 SKX31 5
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 5
Troykv Troykv 10
Ultomato Ultomato 5

Uhhh, which Terry are you referring to?

Ngl this comment made me laugh.
Huh, didn't notice that. It's a mess-up on my behalf. Replaced that with my actual nominations. Thanks for pointing it out.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Kyo from SNK even though we still have Terry yet.....

Chance: 2%

We just got Terry announced. And while I doubt the one character per company rule for a DLC cycle won't hold post Fighter's Pass, I only see Terry being the only SNK rep. Although maybe there's a chance for Nakoruru maybe.

Want: 10%

Ehh, I'd prefer other Fighting Games get a rep. If you haven't noticed already, I'm rooting for Sol Badguy :p

Amaterasu Prediction: 7.55%

Nominate Sol Badguy x5

SKX31

Smash Master
Missing the letter again? Never! (Kyo)

Chance: 5 %

I'm a bit torn on what Terry's appearance means for Kyo. On one hand FF is distinct from KOF, but at the same time not. Nowadays KOF serves as FF's full time successor series (and for the other fighting games connected to it like Art of Fighting), so one could make the argument that Terry is a KOF representative just as much as FF. At least until he and his pack releases and we know which of FF or KOF is going to be more prevalent.* I do think Terry's presence means Kyo's gonna be sidelined for Ultimate. Terry's major league presence in KOF (including major roles in side material such as the Chinese KOF anime Destiny) means he pretty much fills the KOF niche too. Nakoruru's the big frontrunner for the second slot.

However, my ratings also take Smash 6 into account. Depending on how that game pans out, Kusaragi might have a bigger shot there. Perhaps because there's less competition (should SNK get a second character in Ultimate), should SNK stick around - which I honestly could see. Etc. This is obviously speculative on my end, but Sakurai going all out on introducing new worlds in Ultimate might wind up resulting in Smash 6 including more characters from established worlds. If only because there'd be much less legal hassle.

Want: ??

Never really known Kyo honestly. But my personal opinion will probably form with time.

Noms: Concept: Valve rep x10

Predictions: Amaterasu 6.49 %

*(Sidenote: My money's on the safe bet, FF, for obvious reasons, but the stage name being King of Fighters is giving me some pause)

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Kyo Kusanagi

Chance: 5%
With Terry Bogard announced, I think Kyo's chances are plummeting right now (and the invitation was right in his hands, too...Too bad it flew away before he could get it) and I highly doubt SNK would offer a second character into Smash. But Terry representing Fatal Fury means that Kyo might have a tiny bit of a shot to represent KOF, but with little information about Terry's content, I'm not even sure if Kyo will appear as either a spirit, a cameo on the KOF stage or a Mii costume, but any of this really hurts his chances of getting in Smash.

Want: 85%
Kyo is one of my most wanted characters in Smash and while I was disappointed that Terry made it in instead of him, I have accepted it. Any KOF content in Smash is really appreciated and even if Kyo isn't playable at the moment, I would still be happy if Terry comes with a KoF content.

Prediction:
Amaterasu - 10.47%

Nomination:
Ryo Hazuki x5

Top Bottom