• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Predictions:
SNK fighters as mii costumes
Stage and Music shown off
New online mode gets revealed

Noms:
League of Legends rep x5

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Predictions
  • Terry's actual trailer (like Joker's) opens the Direct
  • Sakurai goes over Terry's moveset and a quick overview of SNK and their history
  • Terry's stage, Spirit Board and corresponding Mii Costumes are shown
  • We get the new Online mode for Squad Strike
  • Despite no newcomer announcements, Sakurai will tell us about how the next season of DLC will work.
Nominations
League of Legends rep x 5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Terry Livestream Predictions:

• Detailed explanation on Terry's moveset, gimmick, outfits, music, spirits, and history etc.
  • A deep look on the stage and the many SNK characters that will appear in the background with an explanation of who they are.
  • We see gameplay of Terry in a match with Sakurai playing.
  • Sakurai goes on to detail about the history of SNK and how it inspired him to make Super Smash Bros.
  • No character reveals, but we will get an explanation on how the second wave of DLC will turn out to be and what we can expect.
  • No new modes revealed.
  • Mii costumes of SNK characters and others.
  • Terry's release date will be revealed which will be the day after the livestream.
I forgot to nominate.
Steve x5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I honestly won't even bother with bullet points on my nominations. My prediction simply is that we'll get a breakdown of Terry, his stage, and maybe his Spirits. Beyond that, also a look at new Mii costumes, with maybe some Sans-ish surprised in there. While I'd love for that statement about their being no information on future DLC fighters to be a lie or carefully worded, I have no faith in that. After all, Sakurai himself did clarify that the amount of time for that stream is because he tends to ramble. Our best shot at something truly unexpected (which isn't a Mii costume) is Sakurai slipping up on something, and even that is highly unlikely.

Nominating Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5

D

Deleted member

Terry Presentation predictions (in a semi-particular order):

-Gameplay Trailer of Terry in action
-Sakurai introduces the viewers and goes into detail about Terry and SNK
-live footage of Terry in action
-Sakurai showcases every move Terry can perform
-Sakurai talks about the stage and every character that cameos in it
-Other than Ryo, the characters that appear on stage are Andy, Joe, Kyo, Iori, Raiden, Mai, Rock Howard, and Geese Howard but on the TV screen
-Sakurai sets up a match with him playing Terry against a CPU Ken
-22 tracks will be added alongside Terry
-16 Spirits will be included
-Release Date for Terry will be the day of the presentation
-6.0.0 update talks about improvements to Smash Online like going to character select screens during rematches and better netcoding
-6 Mii Costumes will be added, 2 of which will be Rock Howard and Ryo
-Sakurai talks about the next wave of Amiibos coming to a store near you!
-the next Fighter Pass will be mentioned briefly
-Sakurai closes the presentation with a joke

Yeah there wasn't much for me to predict here, so I can't wait to see how wrong I am about everything!

Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My predictions:

-Full Terry Bogard trailer with gameplay (Female alt?)
-Moveset breakdown
-Stage gameplay
-Fatal Fury/SNK spirits
-FF/SNK Music tracks
-Mii costume massacre/showcase
-Additional tracks for other games (please give us Life Will Change or Click Clock Wood)
-Update 6.0.0 info
-Rambling about SNK
-Surprise reveal at the end, hopefully Crash. (I think Nintendo is lying about no reveal.)

Untitled Goose x5

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
-in depth Terry gameplay
-stage, music, and spirits for Terry will be revealed
-release date for Terry will probably happen right after the presentation (if not, then maybe later in the day)
-mii costumes for both Fatal Fury and other series revealed
-maybe additional music goes along with some stand-out costumes ala Sans
-amiibo reveals for whoever's next in the lineup
-various changes made for 6.0.0, no new modes though, just quality of life/online play improvements
-no info on who the last DLC fighter is, but info on how DLC after the fighter's pass is going to work
-a surprise at the end, hard to say exactly what, but something to keep the masses hyped until The Game Awards (where Fighter's Pass character #5 is most likely going to be revealed)

Noms - Concept: Any grass type starter x5

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
1:Sakurai explains the history of SNK
2:Terry's moveset and Stage is shown off
3:list of songs/music
4:New Mii costumes
5:what's coming up in update 6.0
6:Sakurai plays the original Fatal Fury on the neo geo.
Noms: The Horrible Goose X5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
R U O K?

Satisfaction: 85%
Funny how life goes. Last year, Terry Bogard was a character collectively thrown under the bus by the entire thread, never seeing a chance score higher than 10%. And now he's Buster Wolf-ing Banjo in the face in Smash Bros.

Since I still have little familiarity with SNK, I can only really comment that Terry does bring quite a bit to the table despite having only his fists to work with. A back special? Extra inputs during critical health?? Fifty whole songs??? Most third parties wouldn't even dream of getting this much love from Smash. One of my favorite parts about his moveset is that even for someone as hopeless at fighting games as I am, Terry's Super Special Moves aren't too difficult to pull off; I just wish I didn't accidentally pull off so many specials along the way...

Internet speculators have long tried to argue that characters that "only punch and kick" don't bring much to the table. Yet not only is Terry's assortment of content substantial, but also distinct from all the other represented franchises in the game. Terry himself feels like a combination of weight, mobility, and skill that no one else in the roster really replicates. He's going to make people want to learn how to do fighting game inputs.

Nominations:
Thrall x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, stepping in just to say that I'm pretty much 100% satisfied with the character.

Terry's moveset blew my expectations. He's definitely going to be complicated to master, but I'll take the challenge. His Final Smash specially is just brutal.

The stage is kind of meh outside of the wall gimmick, but they've got twenty character cameos, that's more than I imagined. Sad that there aren't any SamSho characters, but hey, it's still pretty good.

And let's be honest with the music: no future DLC character's ever topping that whopping 50.

In general it was a fun Direct.

Also, gotta love how Sakurai got a hold of all the complains regarding Terry's "obscurity" and answered to them. Gotta love the man.

Nominations: Dante x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
BUSTAH WOLF

Satisfaction: 99%
I love everything about Terry's inclusion. He added a ton of new mechanics to Smash. Special Cancelling. Dodge Attacks. Super Specials. Back Special. This moveset is everything I wanted and more. He is extremely technical and I love the extra depth in complexity to the character. The only downside is no Garou alt, otherwise I would've gave the satisfaction score a 100%

The stage is amazing, twenty guest cameos is nothing to scoff at. 50 music tracks is an insane number. The amount of content coming with him is too much, it puts every other third party character to shame.

This is probably my favorite DLC inclusion so far, I might even main Terry.

Nomination: Steve x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Terry livestream rating: 95%

Pros:
  • Terry looks so fun to play as.
  • Despite the lack of a Garou alt I think the 8 colors they went for with Terry look great. I like how the cap is different for each one.
  • The stage cameos are really great. Was not expecting Rock to be there.
  • 50 songs! I always knew SNK was going to be lenient with this. Sakurai really went above and beyond with the SNK content. They even added some songs from 2002 UM.
Cons:
  • No Garou alt.
  • NO KYO MII COSTUME! I don't think I have ever been this bummed over something not getting in.
Extremely satisfied with what we got but damn I am still :shaker: from the lack of a Kyo mii costume.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd say this livestream was... OK

Terry is cool, and he plays pretty much just like I'd imagined him, but no Garou alt and the introduction of extra inputs for two moves make me somewhat iffy. I get that Sakurai wanted to give him as many moves as he could, but I feel like the execution of it runs contrary to the spirit of Smash. I'll give him an 80%

The stage looks beautiful, I love the cameos, and the wall thing is weird but very unique and I'm very interested in trying it out.

Music selection is astonishing, way to go. I wish we could get this for more franchises, really.

Mii Costumes are kind of a mixed bag, nothing really shocking except that they felt a gi and blond hair was worth the price when it can easily be replicated with other stuff.

Other than that, it was enjoyable and Sakurai was at his most charming, but most of it felt needlessly stretched out. Easily one of the most forgettable presentations in terms of what we found out about.

Nominating the Prince of Persia

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I am OK.

Satisfaction: 90%
So let me do this in bullet points. I got a lot of stuff I liked:
  • Moveset is amazing and so much fun. Not enough for me to main competitively, mind you, because it's not my style, but damn if I don't pull him out in casuals.
  • Stage is one of the coolest I've seen, way better than Suzaku castle, comparatively.
  • Music: One day Sakurai met with the people at SNK. They asked what songs he wanted for their Smash collab, to which Sakurai answered "YES :ultfalcon:". The people of SNK then answered "OK!" and that's how we got one of the most amazing selections in history.
  • Cameos and fanservice to die for.
And some stuff I wanted but didn't get, such as:
  • Some of the cameos not getting Spirits (Blue Mary, Rock, King)
  • NO KYO MII COSTUME
  • No Garou or KoF XIV alts
Overall, though? It was ALL RIGHT.

Nominations
League of Legends rep x 5

SKX31

Smash Master
Powa Geysa! (Terry Satisfaction): 95 %

+ Sakurai was thorough when designing Terry, that's clear. The moveset and the special mechanics add some new aspects to Smash while still being a really interesting character.
+ The stage is another major league benefit, and the music? Good lord SNK just allowed seemingly everything great. Dunno how the background factors (like the Switch's upcoming Chinese release, where KOF's popular and influential) play into this, but the end results are still amazing.
+ Cameos everywhere, and Mii Costumes on the whole are okay. A bit bummed that we didn't get any clues re: recent leaks (that's on me though), but still.
+ As one of the very few people to even bother with Spirits, holy crud Geese's spirit is of the most broken ones out there (and fun to mess with as someone who loves power *insert evil laughter here*). He may take up three Support slots, but if you get above 80 % damage yourself Geese supercharges your Final Smash meter, giving you a Final Smash every ten seconds. Double Final Smash in WoL, eat your heart out.

- Aside from possibly more Mii Costumes (dunno where a Metal Slug gunner outfit or Kyo costume went), I was a little bummed we didn't get anything about Smash's future post Fighter's Pass. I shouldn't have expected that, sure, but it'd be nice to get some clarity now when we're at one character left.

Nominations: Concept: Valve rep x5 if it isn't locked in already. If it is, let me know and I'll change.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Reaction

Pretty much what I expected. Could tell Sakurai was really happy to have Terry in the game, which is why we probably spent so much time on it. Luckily I woke up late and was able to skip a few spots that felt unnecessary like the classic mode run through. Love the stage, sorta like the character, and haven't listened to the music much yet.

Noms:
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Powah Weebu!

Satisfaction: 90%.

His livestream kinda helped Arle out... massively. Holy hell I'm going way over 50% for her, everything's coming up Arle baybee. Also, Terry himself? Goddamn blast to play. It's incredible how great he feels, like a less stiff version of Ryu and Ken. Input Power Wave is something I have no idea how to do, but the other input specials are great to use. Terry's music selection is awesome, and while his stage is obviously gonna get banned, I see real potential in the man himself being a mainstay of tournaments.

Overall, he brings in something fresh and new to Smash I haven't seen in ages; a series I have absolutely no idea about. It's great and I'm very, very happy he's here with all these fancy new faces.

Arle x 5 once again. My Lara predictions still stand.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think this is the first time we're doing satisfaction ratings for a character the same day they're released. Go enjoy Terry y'all!

Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x170
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x167
Blaze the Cat x155
Concept: League of Legends rep x149
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x145
Concept: Valve rep x135
Prince of Persia x125

150 - 101

Ninten x120
9-Volt x120
Rundas x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x105
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Boss: Kracko x97
Concept: Any grass-type starter x91
Riesz (Mana) x90
Frogger x85
Glover x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
Sol Badguy x80
[Rerate] Steve x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Ryo Hazuki x65
[Rerate] Geno x65
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x60
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x60
Papyrus x56
Thrall (Warcraft) x55
Decidueye x53
[Rerate] Quote x52
[Rerate] Sora x51

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
Francis York Morgan x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
Akira Howard x30
Sackboy x28
[Rerate] Dante x27
Earthworm Jim x26

Under 25

Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x23
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x18
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
King Boo x13
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
Rival Pokémon Trainer x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Meowth x5
[Rerate] Doomguy x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x5
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5
Freddy Fazbear x2

Dragalia Lost rep retakes first place from Farmer. Prince of Persia jumps past Ninten and 9-Volt, leaving him alone in seventh place.

The Horrible Goose steps past the 100 nom mark.

Quote shoots through 50 noms.

Today's newcomers, both with 5 noms, are Shadow the Hedgehog and Unsafe Wiimote Guy.

Though I gotta ask, Jomosensual Jomosensual please be honest, is it a joke candidate?

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Satisfaction: 99%

I have very little experience with him and the games he stars in, only having purchased KoF 02 and Capcom vs SNK 2 very recently, yet he's my favourite DLC character so far. His moveset is way easier for me to pick up than the SF guys and his overall style and personality is also way more up my alley. This will be a character I'll see myself using quite alot.
As for complaints, the absence of the Garou costume is unfortunate despite it not being my preferred design. Same for no special Ken interaction. Also think the "ARE YOU OKAY" has a bit of a weak delivery. Those last two are mostly just nitpicks however.

First parties after the Fighters pass x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Terry

Satisfaction: 85%
As I said numerous times during my predictions, I don't know much about SNK. However, Terry is actually quite the fun character. There's something about landing the attacks that feels... nice? Like I'm actually achieving what I'm supposed to. The stage is unique, though I can't get used to the wall being there (insert political joke here). But the REAL star, in my opinion, is the music. FIFTY TRACKS! And not just Fatal Fury ones, either; my favorite one is the Psycho Soldier Theme (even though I can't understand the lyrics). Overall, I'm quite happy with what we got, even though I'm not familiar with any of it.

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I think this is the first time we're doing satisfaction ratings for a character the same day they're released. Go enjoy Terry y'all!

Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x170
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x167
Blaze the Cat x155
Concept: League of Legends rep x149
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x145
Concept: Valve rep x135
Prince of Persia x125

150 - 101

Ninten x120
9-Volt x120
Rundas x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x105
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Boss: Kracko x97
Concept: Any grass-type starter x91
Riesz (Mana) x90
Frogger x85
Glover x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
Sol Badguy x80
[Rerate] Steve x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Ryo Hazuki x65
[Rerate] Geno x65
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x60
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x60
Papyrus x56
Thrall (Warcraft) x55
Decidueye x53
[Rerate] Quote x52
[Rerate] Sora x51

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
Francis York Morgan x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
Akira Howard x30
Sackboy x28
[Rerate] Dante x27
Earthworm Jim x26

Under 25

Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x23
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x18
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
King Boo x13
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
Rival Pokémon Trainer x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Meowth x5
[Rerate] Doomguy x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x5
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5
Freddy Fazbear x2

Dragalia Lost rep retakes first place from Farmer. Prince of Persia jumps past Ninten and 9-Volt, leaving him alone in seventh place
The Horrible Goose steps past the 100 nom mark.

Quote shoots through 50 noms.

Today's newcomers, both with 5 noms, are Shadow the Hedgehog and Unsafe Wiimote Guy.

Though I gotta ask, Jomosensual Jomosensual please be honest, is it a joke candidate?
About 75/25 serious right now. It's kinda hard to say you're 100 percent serious when talking about the Wiimote Saftey Guy but I do think there's a conversation to be had since we have similar choices in ROB and Wii Fit Trainer.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Terry Bogard Reactions: 40%

I knew little to nothing about SNK until reading discussions on here as a result of the copyright leak. But it was nice to see Sakurai go in depth and have fun with a character with important history to him. Terry's moveset, while somewhat vanilla, is very very faithful to his games, and it's nice to see how much love and detail Sakurai and the Smash team are putting into these DLC characters. Plus all of the stage cameos are cool and a nice bit of fanservice for fans of the other characters (even if I didn't know who most of them were! xD). Also 50 music tracks is mind boggling, and even if it's an anomaly I hope some other characters with great soundtracks get the chance to have similar treatment.

Also the Nakoruru mii with Fletchling scene was super cute!

Overall, while I was never really into SNK, I'm glad to see the fans of their games get lots of amazing content!

Nominations:
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
About 75/25 serious right now. It's kinda hard to say you're 100 percent serious when talking about the Wiimote Saftey Guy but I do think there's a conversation to be had since we have similar choices in ROB and Wii Fit Trainer.
That's good enough for me.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Satisfaction? I AM MORE THAN OKAY!! - 90%

Many have already said the pros so there's not much I want to add. I'll just say that I've played him for a bit more than an hour now and dayum! Me gusto! Did you know you can jab/d-tilt cancel into ARE YOU OKAY?! And that his entire jab deals 16%, which you can cancel into a special for even more damage?

On to the cons: no Mai Shiranui (think she's the 5th fighter? With 50 songs, that could be), no female Terry, alts are all recolours.

I think that covers everything - except Mai's curvacious body, alas. Oh and who else is for Terry's stage to be declared legal as counterpick?

Nominations: Riesz x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
First of all, I was NOT expecting Sakurai to play Classic mode for the playthrough, so that was fun

The special moves and the stage having a breakable wall was also a surprise

I was not expecting an extended version of Terry's trailer either

50 tracks, now that is an insane good deal for tracks

Mii costumes are decent

Overall: 90% satisfied. My only disappointment is that no one new was confirmed, but We can wait a bit longer

Noms: 2 for Meowth and 3 for Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool

Calamitas

Smash Champion
My satisfaction rating is gonna be 75%. I haven't purchased the Fighter Pass yet, and the presentation has not convinced me to do so, or to purchase Terry individually. But I have to say that it was fun seeing Sakurai being so passionate about it all. Plus, the new stage and amount of songs are pretty amazing. I'm still rather bummed that we didn't learn anything about upcoming fighters, even if that was clarified beforehand. Still, so far every FP character has gotten me a bit more interesting in the last - so who knows, maybe next one will be a character that I actually want.

Nominating Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Terry 20% He's okay I guess
I'm not interested in Terry as a character because I have no history with the franchise.
As a fighter, I like some of the small new things he introduces. He's pretty much an expansion of Ryu and Ken's fighting-game playstyle, he's clearly more versatile. The mechanics don't feel tacked on or forced, but I do feel they gave a him a bit too many options. Having a unique Back Special, the two Super Specials, and four different attack strengths is where I would have stopped. The other things, Dodge Attacks, cancellable Specials, near-guaranteed recovery, just seem excessive. He's not as ridiculous as Joker and Hero, but not as grounded and reasonable as his Street Fighter counterparts.
Won't buy him, but I appreciate the effort they took in making him for the most part.
Honestly the Super Specials is the thing I love the most, in my opinion it's the best-designed comeback mechanic in the game. You have to actually play an active role in timing the attack, spacing it, risking the opponent sheilding it, and being at high damage all the while. I really prefer that to the passive, "you are stronger now that you took enough damage," approach.

Troykv

Smash Master
Terry Satisfaction Rating: OKAY! (99%)

I'm surprised I was more excited seeing this video than many of the previous annoucements that where supposed to be more hype. I guess is my inner child being so happy at seeing so much SNK Content being shown?

I love it <3

The only thing I was kind of boomed was the lack of a Kyo Mii Custome; I can tolerate the lack of Mark of Wolves' alt custom because we got Rock in the stage!

Nominations:

Arle Nadja x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have no connection to Terry so the best I can give is 50%

I was never a fan of Ryu and Ken and seems like a repeat of that, only worse. He has command input exclusive moves. And 50 songs while neat, just makes me wish others got more.

The stage is OK. Weird gimmick.

Dissapointed by Mii costumes. None of them we first party and none of them had a song.

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

toonito

Smash Ace
100%

favorite character so far from the Fighter Pass

Nominations: Nightmare x 5

D

Deleted member

The Terry Podcast Satisfaction: 70%

Positives:

+50 SONGS!!! Eat your heart out Final Fantasy lmao
+Terry looks great, and I really like a great portion of his moves.
+Stage is awesome. The concept of the stage having barriers is an amazing spin from just having walkoffs, and I unironically hope KoF Stadium is legal in tournies.
+Cameos are the nicest touch to a stage, so it's great that Sakurai gave us an overview of each character since I didn't really know most of SNK's characters
+Nakoruru's Mii Costume actually looks pretty good.

Negatives:
-No Garou alt. That was a bummer
-This left me with even more questions about FP5 than answers, and while it was good on Nintendo's part for saying there won't be an announcement in regards to a new fighter, it does hurt a bit that we have to wait even longer to find out who it is.
-Mai got left out because of her sex appeal. That actually sucked tbh.
-For a Fighter Pack that got 50 songs and over 20 cameos on the stage, I'm a bit let down that the spirit board is about the same size as Persona 5's spirit board. I wish there were more than 11 Spirit Battles.
-Well, I expected there not to be any new modes for Online, but what I didn't expect was them only updating Battle Arenas.

Mixed:
+/-Sakurai's LP of Terry's Classic mode was pretty cool, but I can't say I was a fan of him spoiling Terry's classic mode for me since I wanted to play through it blindly.
+/-49 minutes is A LOT of runtime, and that's what made me a bit overhyped about this presentation than usual.
+/-Terry's trailer playing near the end was strange. I thought that was going to be the first thing shown and Sakurai goes into detail about everything else after.

Extras:

Sakurai mentioned that the video was prerecorded a month in advance, which I thought was pretty interesting. There wasn't much else to add on to there.

Overall:
It was a great showcase of Terry and everything about SNK, but it might be my least favorite presentation out of the 4 because 49 minutes is a lot of time and even surpasses the runtimes on regular Directs. The lack of surprises and major announcements outside of Terry's release date dampened the presentation since the previous characters came with some cool additions like Online Tourney and HRC. Don't get me wrong, learning about the history behind SNK and the Neo Geo were great, and Terry himself is an awesome addition to the roster. However, the minor additions to Online didn't really make me want to play more online matches. I don't really know how to end this properly, so Ima just say forget the children #FreeMai!

Edit: forgot to add noms

Francis York Morgan x5

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Terry satisfaction: 80%

I've only played a little bit of Fatal Fury and King of Fighters. I liked them, but I just suck at fighting games and keep getting my behind handed to me. So they never keep my attention.

With that said though, I really enjoyed this presentation. I've played quite a bit of Terry and he is a force to be reckoned with. I probably will not get even moderately good with him, but I enjoy his style. He brings so much to the table: A back special, super moves when he is close to being KOed, and more variety with inputs. His stage is really cool. I very much enjoy it. It's simple, but I really like that it is a stadium. something that we didn't have before. There is that section in the Wuhu Island stage with the crowd, but this is a full on big stadium and it looks great. The wall gimmick is unique and god dam do I love the visual and audio effects when it knocks out an opponent. I did not expect it, and I'm glad it's a thing.

As for the music. 50 MUSIC TRACKS? Even in a simple presentation with no character reveal or tease, Sakurai still manages to over deliver on something. I'm still going through all them. The only thing that bothers me is that they are all under Fatal Fury tab, even though not all of them are from Fatal Fury. I feel like they could have named it Fatal Fury/SNK, but whatever.

The Mii Costumes are interesting and it's very suspicious that Heihachi's Mii Costume didn't return in this fighting game-heavy wave. Still could appear in the future though. Sakurai had a lot of great moments. Just him gushing and fanboying over SNK made me smile and increased my hype for the SNK content, despite my lack of personal history with the games. Also, he said that when it comes to choosing characters, whether they are fun to play as is important, not just how relevant they are. This was implied with Banjo, but it is nice to hear him directly say it. This is a very good thing for speculated characters like Geno. Back to Sakurai, there are a bunch of moments to point out, like him taunting to get the CPU away from the edge, being disappointed that he ended classic mode with a power wave, etc. In this one, Sakurai especially felt very chill and is a huge difference from the professional, highly edited presentations he has done for years. He is feeling very relatable, more than ever.

I believe I got everything. Oh yeah, I'm excited for that Simon Amiibo as well. I don't have anything to say about the 6.0.0 update besides that the small improvements are appreciated. Overall, wholesome presentation and I will continue to enjoy Terry.

Noms: Geno x5 (He's looking more and more likely as time goes on)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Terry Satisfaction: 100%: This character looks AMAZING! Super special moves are lit, the back special is genius. this character looks like he is definitely a high to top tier and he looks like a lot of fun. Also... 50 MUSIC TRACKS!!
Yeah, this character looks awesome.
I called Narkoru, Ryo, and Akira.
Nominations: Shadow x5

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Man you could tell Sakurai loved working on this character, maybe even more than he did working on Joker(which is saying a lot.)

Only real downers frombthis is no Garou suit and the addmittedly funny bit involving Mai that might be the hardest deconfirm to a character behind ones not from videogames.
Beyond that though it ruled.

99%

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I wish I could actually play as Terry before giving him a rating, but I still can't afford the pass, so there's that.
Anyway, Terry satisfaction: 100%
At first I thought he would just be a cheap imitation of Ryu/Ken, but they did a lot with him that I wasn't expecting, like the forward/back specials. His stage seems pretty nice, too. However, the main reason I'm giving 100% is the music. After the last few DLCs left out obvious choices like Life Will Change and the BK Final Boss theme, I was starting to think that all DLC franchises would all get screwed over in the music department, I'm glad that didn't happen here. The best part is that we even got Metal Slug music! Which is something I never thought would happen.

Whoops almost forgot noms: Doomguy x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Terry satisfaction: 100%
I'm not a massive fan of KoF/FF so getting a 100% from me would seem to be a hard thing to do but surprisingly I really appreciate and enjoy Terry. He comes with a whole slew of content that I can get behind from his interesting Fighting game-ish stage to 50 WHOLE MUSIC TRACKS Terry is just very satisfying.

Sakurai fanboying out over SNK was also adorable and very wholesome I absolutely loved that. Him having so much fun showcasing Terry in his presentation and pouring so much love into the character and his content makes me really appreciate what we got. Plus Terry is the funnest Fighting-game character in Smash so yeah I'm pretty satisfied.

Nominations: Concept: First Parties after the pass x5

Top Bottom