• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Captain Rainbow

Chance: 0%
Region Exclusive? Check
Dead series with only one game that bombed? Check
Extremely unknown? Check
If a first party character is getting in as DLC it won't be Captain Rainbow, I can say that with confidence. DLC characters have to be marketable or at least with a targeted audience in mind, what audience is Captain Rainbow exactly targeting? He's neither a popular request within the Smash fandom nor is he an iconic character with a legacy.

Want: 5%
From the gameplay I've seen it seems he can at least fight but eh...
The character is way too obscure for my tastes and I honestly would rather prefer other first party characters instead of him.

Prediction: Lara 26.6%
Nomination: Steve x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Captain Skittles

Not third-party/already a spirit/tons of first party competition. His game was never released outside of Japan and it was a commercial flop, selling less than 25,000 copies the year it released. Maybe he could've had a chance in the base game but as a DLC character I think his obscurity is pretty much a death sentence for his chances.

Want: Abstain
Haven't played his game though so I won't give a proper want rating. Could be fun but there are a ton of other characters I'd want to see first. Slightly off topic but from what I've seen of the Captain Rainbow game while creating my music post, it looks really boring though.

Lara Croft chance prediction: 23.36% (I feel like people are really sleeping on her chances)

Nominations:
Quote x5

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Captain Rainbow

Chance: 2%. While he is already a spirit and an obscure one at that, he has a slim chance. But chances are, he wont be in the game as a playable fighter.

Want: 50%. Would be a fun character to play as. But I don't know too much about that character, which is why he is given a 50% for want.

Noms: 2 for Earthworm Jim and 3 for King Boo

Prediction: Lara Croft: 20%

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Captain Questionable Existence
Want: Abstain

This is a character that is exclusive to Japan, and failed to even sell there. He's also a spirit and a first party character; both of those statuses really hurt his already dead chances. With no worldwide appeal or even local appeal, Captain Rainbow's chances seem equal to characters like Freddi Fish and Brash the Bear. At least Sakurai acknowledges his existence each game through collectible items...

Lara Croft: 1.02%

Untitled Goose x5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain on Captain Rainbow. I don't know anything about him. I will say, though, he DOES have an interesting design.

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
ROYGBIV Man

Chance: Firstly he's a spirit, second his game never came out in the west, third even in Japan his game sold pretty dang poorly. This guy honestly deserves a 0%. Until Captain Rainbow crosses the seas, I'll believe it when I see it.

Want: I'm gonna abstain because I really don't care enough about him in any way. Also, no hands-on experience with the game kinda sours the means of me discussing him.

Arle Nadja x 5. Lara is actually really likely but most people don't know this. So I think Lara will walk away with 12.19%.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Captain Rainbow

Chance 0%:
Pretty decently open and shut on this one. No western release, poor sales in Japan, is a spirit already. I have nothing new to add, everyone else has covered this guy pretty well. He might work as an assist trophy but it would make little to no sense for him to be playable in the base roster and much less as DLC.

Want: 0%
I have no experience with this character

Predictions: Lara Croft 6%

Noms: League of Legends rep x5

SKX31

Smash Master
Helps to save the day! In a Lightlocke (World of Light Nuzlocke) run. (Captain Rainbow):

Chance: 0 % for Ultimate, 0,5 % in Smash 6 (treat it as 0)

Aside from what everyone else have sai- well, that's loads of bases covered honestly. Yeah, what else do I have to say? Oh yes, the fact that Captain Rainbow's niche is more or less covered by Falcon and Terry. That means he'll have a snowball's chance in (standard, not Finnish) hell of getting it through, and he doesn't see much upside in Smash 6. Maybe as an out of nowhere retro (he'll be retro by the time Smash 6 comes around) with a possibly interesting moveset? Maaaybe that clause?

Want: Abstain (65 % if going purely by Lightlocke)

Never played his game at all, but he's potentially really helpful in WoL. Not overpowered like One Punch Mac, but he's a three star spirit with pretty good max power and the First Strike benefit (Starman Invincibility if you land the first hit). He's fully a-OK in my book, to the point he's become one of my go-to spirits in my attempts at a Lightlocke.

Predictions: Lara Croft 16 %

Noms: Concept: Valve rep x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Captain Rainboomed

I'd give it a negative score if I could. Japan exclusive, only one game, it didn't perform very well... I mean, it didn't even sell 30k copies! There really isn't much to add. Its one positive is the good score Famitsu gave it due to its originality and execution, but that's nowhere near enough for an extremely prized Smash DLC fighter slot.

Want: 0%
I could abstain but I'd rather not see super obscure characters like that over the plethora of better choices we already have available.

Predictions: Lara Croft - 25%
She's definitely one of the most iconic western characters. People will likely give her low to average chances, with a few extremes.

Nominations: Riesz x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Captain Rainbow

Chance 0 - No release outside of Japan and the game didn't sell that well there even. That feels like a really solid case as to why he won't be in Smash especially since that was a big reason as to why Takamaru hasn't been included. Maybe he'll end up as a Falcon alt costume some day but for now it's a no pretty easily

Want 0 - No clue who this is and don't think they belong in for DLC based on what I've learned. Better suited to be a reference in a Falcon alt costume or a spirit

Prediction - 20 percent. Checks all the boxes for me to be a potential DLC character but is a SE character

Noms:
League of Legends rep x 10

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Captain Rainbow

Chance - 0% - He never even managed to get out of Japan. If Takamaru couldn't, what chance does he have?

Want - 40% - I can understand having appreciation for older characters that never managed to get back in the spotlight, but I feel like supporting him feels slightly misguided? I think supporting the characters who were actually forgotten in his game would be a better use of time.

Prediction

Lara Croft - 12.45% - Not likely at all...

Nominations

Farmer X5

D

Deleted member

Reading Rainbow

There is not a lot to add to this discussion. From what I've seen from most of the posts here, it seems Captain Rainbow bombed hard, so to say that Captain Rainbow somehow has an actual chance in Smash sounds laughable. We also know he's already in Smash as a spirit, but there's also the fact that the game he comes from never released outside of Japan and hasn't seen a new installment since 2008. The day I see Captain Rainbow in Ultimate is the day I buy 14 Ferraris and bury them all in Death Valley.

I have no idea who Captain Rainbow is, so going off of how he looks, he'd probably be a great Captain Falcon echo even if they have nothing in common with 1 another. Other than that, he does absolutely nothing for me to get behind him as a full fledged fighter.
-----------------
Predictions:
Lara - 22.25%

-----------------

Noms:
Francis York Morgan x5

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Captain Rainbow

Chance: 0.0001%

I like to say never say never, but this guy really tempted me to give him a zero. Let me ask a question, was this guy nominated as a joke? (I apologize if he wasn't, I don't mean to offend anyone)

Why do I think this guy is a joke? Let me explain:
  • His only game never got localized outside of Japan. Takamaru was rejected for this same reason. (except Takamaru's game did eventually get released on the 3DS outside of Japan but that's beside the point)
  • While his game got good scores, it was a disappointment financially. It never got any sequels or spin-offs. Not to mention, the game is from 2008 and it barely has any fanbase to save the character like Banjo.
  • Obscure as all heck. I didn't even know who he was until I did research to predict and now rate him. I don't think I even heard anyone advocating for him seriously or jokingly.
  • Why would Nintendo or Sakurai pick him as DLC? This is paid DLC after all. If Sakurai wanted to go for a joke character, he would likely go for something like Magikarp, Goomba, or someone silly like Funky Kong. Adding someone like Captain Rainbow would just confuse and anger people. Piranha Plant caused a little bit of a stir with fans when he got in over characters like Isaac and Shadow. I couldn't even imagine the reaction the general public would have if Captain Rainbow got in before characters like Crash Bandicoot or Sora.

Want: 10%

He could be interesting, and he would certainly be hilarious. But other than that, I'm not interested at all. There are 50 or more characters I would prefer to get in before him.

Noms: Geno x5

Predictions: Lara Croft - 25%

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Bit pressed for time today... but I'll do what I can.

Captain Rainbow
Chance: 0.1%
Yeeeeah... if any character can get promoted from Spirit, Nick is probably not the one. Japan-only, flopped game... things aren't looking good for him. There are quite a few first party Spirits that have better chances.

Not gonna lie, there's a tiny part of me that would like it just because he's so obscure... but alas, another Nick is in my top 5 and he's a lawyer, not an actor, despite all the ham. But it's not enough to really cut it for me.

Predictions
Lara Croft: 13.2% (I think people really overblow her chances...)

Nominations
League of Legends rep x 5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Captain Fabulous
Chance: 0.01%
One-off character. Japan Only. Spirit. Not happening.
Want: 20%
I'm a sucker for obscure Nintendo characters, but I know this guy will never be playable. So whatever.

Lara prediction: 25%
Noms: Doomslayer x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Captain Fabulous
Chance: 0.01%
One-off character. Japan Only. Spirit. Not happening.
Want: 20%
I'm a sucker for obscure Nintendo characters, but I know this guy will never be playable. So whatever.

Lara prediction: 25%
Noms: Doomslayer x5
I will only count those nominations if you change them to Doomguy.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We're getting a Terry presentation Wednesday and it's gonna be live-streamed.
I wonder if who's next will be revealed...

Anyways, Captain Rainbow?

I will abstain as I never heard of him/her.

Nominate: Asha (Monster World IV)

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Well it's nobody! That's right, the character from the Odyssey, Odysseus will be revealed in Terry's stream!

But seriously, we're not getting one in this stream. So, most would say that we're gonna have to wait for December. I think we're gonna have to wait for a January direct.

But what we're probably getting are Mii Costumes. And that's going to be a bloodbath, especially if some certain popularly requested characters appear as those.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Today we will be doing predictions of what we are expecting to see in the Terry livestream. We were considering just moving to Lara's day, but at about 45 minutes long Terry's Direct will be one of the longest Smash Directs ever.

Tomorrow will be Terry Direct reactions followed by Lara Croft's rating.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Terry presentation expectations

• Obviously Information on Terry: gimmicks, moveset, stage, spirits, music, etc. Probably a brief explanation on SNK and maybe a conversation on why King of Fighters is important for Smash's design philosophy.
  • This is going to be 45 minutes so there is something big coming. Sakurai did say that home-run contest was "pretty much the last game mode", but the way he said it and used "pretty much" makes me think there is more modes coming. If there is a new mode announced, it will be likely that online squad strike mode that was in a recent leak.
  • There is an arcade stick next to Sakurai on the presentation picture. Somebody came up with a wild theory and said that we will be getting an officially licensed arcade fighting joystick for Smash Ultimate. Honestly, that sounds like something Sakurai would do.
  • Information on how future DLC-post fighters pass is going to be handled.
  • Maybe a character reveal. It seems likely with that new video leak. Yes the description of the presentation says there will be no info on unannounced fighters, but the thing is that they never bothered to add that to a description on any Smash videos or livestreams. It also seems counterproductive as that would make people less hype and wouldn't Nintendo want to make people more hyped? Maybe it's to stabilize expectations after they saw that leak, but that description sounds like damage control to me.
  • Some tweaks and minor additions here and there, like hopefully being able to switch characters in quick play without having to back out and lose connection with a player you were having fun fighting against. Also, the ability to play with local (couch) and online friends at the same time.
  • Oh, and Mii Costumes of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Predictions:

• Terry reveal, gameplay, content, etc.
  • Mii Costumes
  • Further update notices
  • That is all.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Terry livestream predictions

Well this livestream is too long to NOT show any newcomer, but if we do get another newcomer, I'm hoping its someone owned by Nintendo.

Outside of it, defiantly a moveset discussion, stage showcase and some Mii costumes.

Further updates would be nice, but then again, who knows what would happen.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Predictions:

Terry:
  • EX versions of moves can be performed by doing the manual inputs like Ryu/Ken.
  • Up-B is Rising Tackle.
  • Down-B is a charging meter like in the early KoF games. Fill the meter all the way up through charging/attacking and you can activate max mode where you can cancel moves quicker to perform better combos.
  • Final Smash is the one and only.
  • Alternate colors are more or less like these colors that I posted a long time ago. Blue and Green alts of his default costume are pretty much guaranteed while I think the Garou outfit will take up at least two slots like Joker's academy uniform.
Stage:
  • Stage layout changes overtime because I don't see Sakurai releasing a simple stage without some sort of gimmick. Either that or the background characters help out in battle somehow.
  • In addition to everyone in the Terry trailer, I can see Mai, Billy, Blue Mary, K', and Kula being background characters. Like the Banjo stream, Sakurai will probably talk about each character in-depth.
Mii costumes:
  • Fatal Fury: Geese Howard (:ultbrawler:), and an all class Terry hat.
  • King of Fighters: Kyo Kusanagi (:ultbrawler:) and Iori Yagami (:ultbrawler:).
  • Samurai Shodown: Haohmaru (:ultswordfighter:) and Nakoruru (:ultswordfighter:).
  • Metal Slug: Marco (:ultgunner:) and Fio (:ultgunner:).

Music:
  • New remix of Terry's FF2 theme (we already heard this in the last Direct)
  • I think Geese's iconic battle theme is guaranteed in some form or another.
  • If KoF music is included then I think Esaka 96 and Arashi no Saxophone 2 are very likely
  • SNK ends up being very generous and Terry gets the most songs out of any other DLC character.
Other:
  • Online 3v3 Squad Strike.
  • Some other new features/tweaks.
  • No FP5 reveal at all.

Nominations:
Quote x5

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Terry Livestream Predictions:

• Detailed explanation on Terry's moveset, gimmick, outfits, music, spirits, and history etc.
  • A deep look on the stage and the many SNK characters that will appear in the background with an explanation of who they are.
  • We see gameplay of Terry in a match with Sakurai playing.
  • Sakurai goes on to detail about the history of SNK and how it inspired him to make Super Smash Bros.
  • No character reveals, but we will get an explanation on how the second wave of DLC will turn out to be and what we can expect.
  • No new modes revealed.
  • Mii costumes of SNK characters and others.
  • Terry's release date will be revealed which will be the day after the livestream.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Pushdustin probably had the most realistic prediction for why it's 45 minutes. There's going to be a discussion with SNK people.

That said, let's throw some more interesting predictions.

Character costume dlc, not just Mii Fighters.

Some talk about the future of DLC, no character announcement obviously but something to give us an idea.

More Music + Mii Costume combos. My best guess is Geno with Forest Maze.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow, a livestream prediction? Okay, here goes nothing:

- Terry presentation: gimmicks, moveset, stage...
- Sakurai playing one match with Terry on his stage, likely against Ryu and Ken.
- Balance patch notes (+ bug fixes, like in Homerun Contest)
- Mii costumes + spirits
- ... I know I'm forgetting something! Eh, maybe it'll come back to me, I may change it later.
- More information on the 2nd DLC wave, it'll include stuff other than fighters (like additional music)
- 5th character reveal at the end
- Terry released before the end of this week, likely the day after the livestream

Oh and of course, Sakurai saying that he'll never be able to take a break.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
If we're all predicting things for Terry:

- Neutral-B: Power Wave, Side-B: Burn Knuckle, Up-B: Rising Tackle or Power Dunk, Down-B: Crack Shoot or a Striker like Andy or Joe
- KoF stage has multiple fighters in the background like Mementos with the Phantom Thieves
- Definitely Mii costumes
- A dissection of each character appearing in the background of the KoF stage
- Spirits (Geese, Andy, Joe, Mai, probably Mary, maybe Rock)
- More amiibo potentially
- And lastly, lifted from GameXplain's predictions, a roadmap of what's to come from the dev team in the coming year. No solid announces but a "what to expect"

I will forever hope Rock gets in somehow, but I won't hold my breath for him

Probably fake, but it very easily could be introduced with 6.0/Terry. Might be a big ol' RIP for Geno and Doomguy, sadly

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
- Terry with stage
- mii costumes for Geese, Rock, Kyo, Narkorru, Marco, Fox, and Heihachi and Akira are returning
character number 5- (geno, doomslayer, or wright) is announced
- Boss Rush
- Custom Moves
- And finally, a World of Light expansion.
Shadow x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Predictions

Sakurai talks about how KoF influenced smash and what the series means to him
Terry gets shown off obviously
Terry gets released later that day
Stage and music get shown off
Mii Costumes
Squad Strike comes to online play

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then that leaves like 20 minutes that we're supposed to believe is just Sakurai talking nothing I guess? No clue what happens here at all after that. Think we do get a tease as to when we find out the last pass character

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
We start with Terry, as per usual.

13 minutes are dedicated to his moveset. This includes his special moves, Fighter Abilities, and any other gimmicks involving him before the Final Smash, which is also included. I won't predict anything revolving around WHAT Terry's moveset or content is, AFAIK it could be anything.

7 minutes are dedicated to his stage, in conjunction with his current list of music. Somewhere between 10 ~ 13 songs, but no more than 9 from Fatal Fury alone. The rest are popular songs from other SNK titles.

10 minutes are taken to talk to western fans just WHY SNK is so important, considering a lot of people were surprisingly disappointed in Terry.

5 more talks about the coming of 6.0.0, and what it'll bring. No new modes, but it'll have more than just Terry and his content.

5 minutes of pure Mii Costume hell-- I mean goodness. The reason the Mii Segment is so much longer is because we're getting a ton. At least one popularly speculated character will be killed off in this stream.

And the final 5 minutes of the livestream are dedicated to a potential road-map. While the identity of FP5 will not be revealed, the general timeframe we can expect to see them will be. I think January, but wouldn't rule out December.

Arle Nadja x 5.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I got two predictions, one of which is based on what makes sense and the other is based solely upon the evidence we have right now

Prediction 1: The good one

We get Terry, his moveset is explained with attention to all the little references in it, the stage is shown off with some comments on the cameos there. Terry's announced to be released the same day. Then Sakurai waxes poetic on the importance of SNK and maybe regales us with a story or two about it. Mii Costumes are next, then a brief explanation of the new update, and then Fighter 5 is announced. Yeah, I don't believe they'd be so tone-deaf as to have a 45 minute Direct with no reveals beyond Miis. Given how adamant they're being about the "no information" thing, and the corresponding leak that matches up with the date, my gut is telling me we're due for an objection, but that's probably just wishful thinking from my part. Regardless, after Fighter 5, we get an explanation of the next season, which I'm predicting will either be individual DLC or a six-character Fighter Pass.

Keep in mind, the last time I felt something was too stupid to happen, it happened and we got out worst Direct so far. I do hope that doesn't happen again but I'm prepared for it, which leads us to...

Prediction 2: The dumb one

We get Terry, his moveset is explained with plenty of attention to detail. He is then announced to be released on Thursday. Then the stage is shown off and Sakurai points out every single cameo in it (either because they function as Flying Man-like assistants or because Sakurai wants to). Then Sakurai explains the entire history of SNK and why it's so important to gaming, for a very very long time. Then he details some new mode that's just an online version of an offline mode. Then Mii Costumes (they're all SNK characters). And then he thanks everyone and the thing ends.

Uhh noms go to Prince of Persia

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sorry about not doing the noms for yesterday, I've got no excuse.

Aside from that, the top seven will be locked after the reactions to Terry's direct, there usually aren't many noms these days but at least this way you get to compensate for the changes in the list.

Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x167
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x165
Blaze the Cat x155
Concept: League of Legends rep x139
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x135
Concept: Valve rep x130
Ninten x120
9-Volt x120
Prince of Persia x120

150 - 101

Rundas x115
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Boss: Kracko x97
The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x95
Concept: Any grass-type starter x86
Frogger x85
Glover x85
Riesz (Mana) x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
Sol Badguy x80
Proto Man x75
[Rerate] Steve x75
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Ryo Hazuki x65
[Rerate] Geno x65
Concept: First-parties after the Fighter Pass x60
Papyrus x56
Thrall (Warcraft) x55
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x55
Decidueye x53
[Rerate] Sora x51

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
[Rerate] Quote x47
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x45
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Heihachi x35
Francis York Morgan x35
Akira Howard x30
Sackboy x28
[Rerate] Dante x27
Earthworm Jim x26

Under 25

Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x18
Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x18
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Rayman x15
King Boo x13
Chun-Li x11
Giygas x10
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x10
Urbosa x9
[Rerate] Monokuma x9
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x7
Rival Pokémon Trainer x7
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x5
Black Shadow x5
Meowth x5
[Rerate] Doomguy x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Freddy Fazbear x2

The top seven is shaken to its core! Farmer overtakes Dragalia Lost rep and stakes their claim for first place. Arle Nadja and Valve rep pass Ninten and 9-Volt, but League of Legends rep shifts into sixth gear and gets past them all. LoL rep is now fourth place, Arle is fifth, Valve rep is sixth, and Ninten and 9-Volt are tied for seventh, along with Prince of Persia, who climbs into the top seven at the last minute.

Dovahkiin strides past 100 noms.

Geno and First-parties after the Fighter Pass blasts past 50 noms each.

Earthworm Jim and Sackboy crawl out of the under 25 club.

Your new nominees are Meowth, Doomguy, Asha (each with 5 noms), and Freddy Fazbear (with 2 noms).

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Alright...
  • A proper trailer before starting the breakdown. Hopefully with a Garou alt.
  • Terry's moveset: my idea is that he's got ten special moves and he uses both attack buttons for input variations instead of just A: Power Wave (neutral, QCF+A), Burn Knuckle (forward, QCB+A), Rising Tackle (up, DP+A) and Crack Shoot (down, QCB+B); their input variants and two input-exclusive moves: Round Wave (QCF+B) and Power Dunk (DP+B). Final Smash may be like Ryu and Ken with Power Geyser being his long range FS while Buster Wolf work in closer range.
  • KOF stage: can't imagine much of this stage's gimmick. I suppose it can just randomly change looks between matches or stocks, but the only gimmick in Fatal Fury stages outside of that is the multiple layers, which I'm not sure if they'd use.
  • The Spirits set. My bet is: Andy, Joe (1-star), Kim, Mai, Athena, Nakoruru, Ryo (2-stars), Kyo, Iori, Geese (3-stars) and Rugal (4-stars).
  • The music. I think they'll be: Terry's theme from FF2 (confirmed already), Geese's theme, It's Seoul, Esaka 96, Arashi no Saxophone 2, Todoh's theme from Art of Fighting, Banquet of Nature and The Ketchaku R.
  • Probably a lot of time invested on matches.
  • Mii costume batch: Heihachi Mishima, the Virtua Fighter characters, Kyo, Iori, Nakoruru.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Terry Predictions

Honestly, I'm a little confused on this one. They've already confirmed that there won't be any news on Fighter 5, so why is this 45 minutes long? I've thought about it for a bit, and this is the best I got.

• Terry - We get a moveset breakdown, and being from a fighting game, he takes some elements from Ryu and Ken, namely that by doing combos, his attacks do more damage. Unfortunately, I've never played an SNK game, so I can't say what his moves will actually be. Apparently one of them is called "Buster Wolf" and is prime Final Smash material, though.
  • Stage - As we know, it's going to be the King of Fighters Stadium. I don't know what the stage's gimmick will be, but I do think Sakurai will take the time to at least explain the characters who appear in the background, since he did that for Banjo's stage.
  • Music - Again, I've never played an SNK game, so I can't say what tracks will get in. Whichever song is considered Terry's theme will probably get in, at least.
  • Spirits - Once again, I can't say who'll get a Spirit. Probably the background characters on the stage, at least. Also, they'll probably be like the Street Fighter spirits in that they reference fighting games.
  • Mii Costumes - Depending on whichever Mii Costume-related leak is actually true, people are going to have their dreams crushed. That being said, I think at least one of the costumes will come with a music track, a la Sans.
  • Pure speculation on my part - Okay, now this is where things get... interesting. The main way I can see them dragging out this presentation to 45 minutes is if, unlike the other updates, Version 6.0 is actually more substantial. Remember during Smash 4 when they added the Mario Maker stage out of the blue? I think something similar is going to happen. Not necessarily a brand-new stage, but bringing back an old stage that isn't already in the game could be doable. Though I don't know what stage they would go for (maybe one of the Smash 64 stages? They may as well, given that only two aren't in yet). I could also see them just adding more Spirits to the general Spirit Board. Other than that, though, I got nothing.
That's pretty much all I got. Admittedly, this probably wouldn't fill 45 minutes, but it's all I got. I'm not the best at predictions, anyway.

If we're still doing nominations, then Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

SKX31

Smash Master
Terry predictions:

* SNK people will be involved. This should be fully doable - SNK's in a much better position financially than when they were bought out 4 years ago. SNK's Chinese owners (a joint venture between LeYou Technologies, 37 Games and Oriental Securities) could have been involved in the background, but they'll not show in front of the camera. The owners do allow SNK a lot of freedom to work with.

* Terry's moveset and history behind the moves. Sakurai's likely to go into a lot of detail, considering KOF is what inspired Smash to begin with. The SNK people are also likely to talk a lot here, since they can share loads of insight. Sakurai is likely to give them a lot of room to talk, given that he's met with Armor Project (DQ's devs) and shared that online.

* Mii costumes. That's the only safe bet, since this could either prove or completely blow up the recent leaks. There's an entire drinking game to be had here, with Geno / Doom Slayer Mii Costumes equalling finishing your drink. Unless you're in school / work (I'll be at work during the presentation). That said, we're likely to get a lot of Mii Costumes - if there's a Mallow hat I could see a Smithy or reworked Geno costume to go along with it.

* Stage (and Music): A lot of cameos going by the first one, and around 10-15 tracks. Around 8 from Fatal Fury, 4 from early KoF, 3 from modern KoF. None, or finish your drink if there's even one from KoF 2001.

* Version 6.0.0. Big patch. Might be big enough to take 20-25 minutes by itself. Hope Cloud gets buffs (guess why).

Noms: Concept: Valve rep x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Are you okay?! BUSTA WOLF!

I don't think we'll have new characters this time, but can definitely have a snip peak of what to expect next... at the very end.

The other 40~ minutes will be used for:

• Explaning Terry's moveset as deeply as with Hero's attacks, considering the fact he's a Fighting Game Character he's likely to get a quite lenghty explanation that would take almost half of these 40 minutes.
  • The Stage, considering how Sakurai presented Hero's and Banjo's stage he's likely to talk about each character that appears, briefly of course unless one of them acts like a hazard.
  • The other SNK stuff, Spirits, Music, etc. will have their time, specially if the music list is big.
  • Mii Customes, prepare your bodies, this is disconfirmation edition... sixth? I believe?
  • Additional stuff about what is going on with Version 6.0. Probably some new Online features, maybe some surprirses.
Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Predictions

Sakurai talks about how KoF influenced smash and what the series means to him
Terry gets shown off obviously
Terry gets released later that day
Stage and music get shown off
Mii Costumes
Squad Strike comes to online play

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then that leaves like 20 minutes that we're supposed to believe is just Sakurai talking nothing I guess? No clue what happens here at all after that. Think we do get a tease as to when we find out the last pass character
Forgot my noms. Got most of the big ones I wanted to see done or scheduled to be done now so going:
Unsafe Wiimote Guy x5

Top Bottom