• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would say keep Sora in, it just lowers his chances like Chief. 2B I don’t know but maybe do something like Hat Kid/Dante is she is disconfirmed

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Nathan Drake

Chance - 0. Sony is the issue here. I honestly think that we'll never see anyone from Sony get in to Smash. They just will not play ball, which is a shame because Drake and Kratos are two people high on my want list for Smash. If anyone else owned him I'd be thinking he had a shot.

Want 100 - I'd love this so much. Uncharted is one of my top 3 video game franchises ever. His personality would fit into smash perfectly, there are loads of good stages to pick from, and his moveset could be pretty unique depending on which way they go with it. Would be shocked if he doesn't become one of my mains instantly.

Noms:
Ellie x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Nathan Drake

Chance - 0% - With not a single game on any Nintendo systems nor any cameos that I know of, unless they pull a by technicality in a game a short while latter or something we don't know about, I don't think he qualifies. Until that times comes when he appears (which is supper unlikely) I don't see it.

Want - 30% - Have no interest in him. I would rather have the spot go to someone that I actually care about, or has relations with Nintendo.

Predictions

Palcilo - 3.24% - I dunno...

Nominations

Candice X5

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nathan Drake

Chance: 0%
Unlike Microsoft, Sony doesn't seem to want to work with Nintendo on anything. Plus, if PASBR is any indicator, they would rather try to make their own Smash game, even though it didn't work out. Essentially, I can't see this happening. At least, not for a long, long time.
Want: Abstain
I've never played an Uncharted game, and while I usually give an automatic 0% for that, I've heard a lot of good things about the series, and I felt kinda bad about doing that.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Nathaniel Draco

It is a Sony IP. I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. Nuff said.

Want: 0%
I Just don't think Indiana Jones over here would be that interesting as a character. Sure there's plenty you can do with whips and guns and it'd probably be a good character too. It's Just not original and most of it would only exist to show off to the Uncharted fanbase that their man can have a good Moveset.

Nom: Rundas x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nathaniel Draco

It is a Sony IP. I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. Nuff said.

I Just don't think Indiana Jones over here would be that interesting as a character. Sure there's plenty you can do with whips and guns and it'd probably be a good character too. It's Just not original and most of it would only exist to show off to the Uncharted fanbase that their man can have a good Moveset.

Nom: Rundas x5
Drake doesn't wield a whip.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey there, I'm GoodGrief, and this is Jackass I'll be handling the day changes for the weekend. Today's character is Palico, from Monster Hunter. A Palico is a Felyne (basically a cat-creature) who partners with a Monster Hunter. Palicoes have been in the series since the first game and have appeared in every single game of the series, acting basically like the mascot. Also predict Impa.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
This cat is Furr-ious!

Chance: 30%
Aside from the Monster Hunter, the Palicoes are the most likely candidates for a playable Monster Hunter character. And given their stint as playable characters in Monster Hunter Generations, I'd say there's quite a bit to choose from. Their various support moves, such as Rath-of-Meow, Trampoliner, Stunt Cannon, the Purr-isons (Poison, Shock, Pitfall), the Barrel Bombays and the Horns (Health, Demon, Armor) could all help the Palico stand out. The FS would probably make use of the Prowler's Beast Mode, from MHGU.

Want: 30% as well.
Not my first choice for a Monster Hunter rep, but definitely a second choice. What can I say? Palicoes are fun.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Ma there's a weird cat on the roster
Chance: 0.1%
Well I guess they'd be a suprising addition. Suprising as in, why the hell would they put in these felines over the regular hunters, the character the player actually controls in the games. They may be the mascots but are they iconic or popular at that? Not from what I've seen. I have only seen people ask for the hunters, so I don't see why they'd add Palicos instead. Tho I don't really see a MH fighter pack happening, because of Rathalos.

Look, there are only a few third-parties I legitimately want and I have very little interest in the MH franchise. I prefer Leon as another Capcom rep anyway. On top of that, putting these cats in over the hunters sounds a little insulting to the fans supporting the hunters to me. If they have to all be third-party, I'd atleast want the rest of the FP to be actually requested characters.

Impa: 5.24%
Bandana Dee x3
Qbby x2

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Tbh I'm not really familiar with Monster Hunter so I'm abstaining on chance. On want though, I'm giving a 5%. As for why, Palicoes are not iconic. And I'm not really into Monster Hunter getting a character because I prefer most of the Capcom competition (particularly Phoenix Wright).

Noms: Crono X5

Prediction for Impa: 4.73%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A reminder that today is the last day to influence the top seven. So use those noms wisely.

Monokuma x125
Amy Rose x115
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x115
Creeper x110
Frisk x110
[Rerate] Erdrick x107
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
Morrigan Aensland x105

150 - 101

Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x103
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Spyro x93
Kamek x92
Crono x90
Kyle Hyde x90
Boss: Kracko x87
Frogger x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
Concept: Square Enix rep x75
Concept: Valve rep x75
Saber (Fate) x75
9-Volt x74
Heavy (Team Fortress) x66
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x64
Adeleine (Kirby) x60
Velvet Crowe x55
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Rundas x50
X (Mega Man) x47
Ellie (The Last of Us) x45
Decidueye x43
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x35
Specter Knight x32
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25

Under 25

Earthworm Jim x21
[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x15
Black Shadow x13
Qbby x13
Gex x12
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
King Boo x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x8
Blaze the Cat x8
Magolor x6
Mike Jones x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Concept: More Bosses x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1

Crash Bandicoot spins past Frisk, Morrigan Aensland, Freddi Fish and Luther, Erdrick, and Creeper, and ties with Amy Rose for second place. Frisk also passed Morrigan and Freddi and tied with Creeper for fourth place.

So, the verdict on Sora and 2B is: Sora's situation is ambiguous, as we're relying on a second-hand testimony that we can't completely rely on and even if true there is a difference between what a dev might say on the internet and what they might reply on the spot to a question. So he's still in play (his fate will probably be sealed at E3 regardless). As for 2B, her situation is pretty open-and-shut. As she's at 35 noms and hasn't been nominated for a while, I'll remove her from the list as it's unlikely she'll get to the top 7 like Dante and Hat Kid did. (Though if someone were to start nominating her now that can still be arranged)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Palico

Chance: 20%
I'll admit, most of this is assuming that the rumor of each company that had a Mii Fighter costume last game is getting a character, as I find that to be a genuine possibility. Plus, all we really got from Monster Hunter was Rathalos and I believe some music, though I could be wrong on that. However, I think that there are other Capcom characters more likely to get in, like Phoenix Wright.
Want: 5%
I've never played Monster Hunter, and I honestly don't plan to (I'm not a big fan of purposely-hard games). However, I think they would have an interesting moveset, based on the weapons in the game. They could even summon one of the more brutal monsters from the series, like the Super Saiyan monkey thing (I don't know what it's called).

Nominations: Monokuma x5 (it's almost time...)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Palico

I'll admit, most of this is assuming that the rumor of each company that had a Mii Fighter costume last game is getting a character, as I find that to be a genuine possibility. Plus, all we really got from Monster Hunter was Rathalos and I believe some music, though I could be wrong on that. However, I think that there are other Capcom characters more likely to get in, like Phoenix Wright.
I've never played Monster Hunter, and I honestly don't plan to (I'm not a big fan of purposely-hard games). However, I think they would have an interesting moveset, based on the weapons in the game. They could even summon one of the more brutal monsters from the series, like the Super Saiyan monkey thing (I don't know what it's called).

Nominations: Monokuma x5 (it's almost time...)
If by 'purposely-hard games' you mean stuff like the Souls games, I wouldn't say Monster Hunter is like that. It's hard to get into moreso because of the complexity with tons of gear and menus and stats and such, than because of it being an actually difficult game - though it has its challenge, of course.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Palico

Chance: 1%

Although we do have MH content in Smash. I think that will be the extent of it IMO. Monster Hunter is more well known for the monsters and that's what the represent of MH currently is in Smash. Besides I still think Resident Evil will be the 3rd Capcom series to get a character.

Want:ABSTAINED

I never played a MH game so I have no opinion on this.

Impa Prediction: 0.55%

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If by 'purposely-hard games' you mean stuff like the Souls games, I wouldn't say Monster Hunter is like that. It's hard to get into moreso because of the complexity with tons of gear and menus and stats and such, than because of it being an actually difficult game - though it has its challenge, of course.
Sorry, I might have worded that wrong. But you did more or less explain why I can't get into it.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Palico

Chance 0 - I really dont think this is happened. Same issue here than I have with the regular Monster Hunter avatar in which I think that they would have gotten a character announced with Rathalos if they were getting one. Sure, I suppose they could get someone in as DLC, but why only hold back some of the monster hunter content instead of just putting it all in the game right away? I really don't think the Avatar, Palico, or anything else from the series would really sell the fighter pass as well as a different Capcom character would.

Want 10 - This would be an uninteresting pick in my opinion.

Noms
Ellie x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Palico

Chance: 10%
Monster Hunter is big and the Palico's are significant enough characters in the series to warrant having them as playable characters to represent the series. The main thing holding this back from happening is the other Capcom competition not to mention it'd have to compete with the main MH character which would probably seem more likely.

Looks cute but I never really got into the MH series enough to really want it. Also I feel like the character that you control would better represent the series.

Impa chance prediction: 2.79%

Nominations:
Erdrick x15

I'm using 10 of my extra 95 noms + the daily 5 because I really want to see Erdrick's ratings before E3.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Either the Sans or the Papyrus of Monster Hunter (Rathalos is the other one, the Hunter is the Frisk)

Chance: 10%. It seems that the Monster Hunter has a pretty good hold on the position of Capcom character for DLC, or at least the Monster Hunter character if we get one. Thus, Palico isn't really somebody I'd count on. Even if for some reason Sakurai hates the Monster Hunter enough that he doesn't want them as a fighter, or Capcom doesn't want them, I'd still count on even Amaterasu first, or Viewtiful Joe, let alone somebody from Devil May Cry or Resident Evil.

Want: 20%. Not a mage, and a Capcom character, but I feel sad for this guy. I wish I could've said that Monster Hunter was the series I never knew I needed, but it isn't. It's just something that either bored or frustrated me and I don't intend on going back. (Although I did only play the Switch demo.)

Frisk x 5.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Not Cat Mario
Abstain from both because I literally know nothing about Monster Hunter.
Nominations Specter Knight x3 Blaze x2

Ornl

Smash Ace
Palico
Chance
: 5% - Want : abstain

Goog points
- Big commercial success in Japan.
- license shared at Sony and Nintendo, a good choice to try to take from Sony.
- Unlike SNES, NGC, WiiU and 3DS, there isn't a Fighter whose the third-party license that appaear for the first time at Nintendo on Wii. For this possible informal representation, the only series in competition would be Okami.
Mixed points
- Competition with other Capcom rep.
- Incineroar and Morgana appeared in SmashU and already are cats. I would see Palico also competing with the other cat Jibanyan.
- Castlevania and Persona appeared in SmashU and already are third party licenses subject to an high age limit. I would see Palico also competing with other violent series, like DOOM, Halo and Ninja Gaiden for example.
Weak points
- The series already is represented -> too expected. Why appear in DLC and not in the base game with Rathalos ?
- The series already has Amiibo -> too expected.

Nominations : Erdrick x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Palico

Chance - 2.5% - To me, there is a small chance that they could end up replacing the Monster Hunters as characters from the games. I remember that the Monster Hunter was originally rejected for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 because the director did not want to canonize any design. I can see them going this route if we don't get the hunter, though I'm not certain we're getting any monster Hunter character at all.

Want - 60% - Eh, while I would prefer the hunter in this case I'll still take it. They're still fairly iconic and have a decent amount of potential.

Predictions

Impa - 1.45% - More of a base game character...

Nominations

Cadence X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright fellas, day change. Today we're rating Impa. A recurring character in the Zelda games, she oscillates between her design as an old lady from the original Zelda game manual, and her depiction as a tough Sheikah warrior starting with Ocarina of Time. Recently she appeared as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors with a pretty original moveset, but her latest appearance in Breath of the Wild portrays her as an old lady once more.

Also predict Monokuma, the mascot of the Danganronpa series.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Damn these days are going fast. Doing Palico while I can.

Palico:
Want: Abstain

This makes no sense to add considering Monster Hunter makes much more sense. The Hunter has much more potential, and is also the playable character from that game. Definitely not gonna happen. Also Capcom has 3 reps. Abstaining from want.

Freddi and Luther x5 (Yes I poked the bear for the sake of bashing them sooner. Sorry :p)

IMPA (And NO, she is not going to be a Shiek echo!)
Chance:
1%
Want: 55%

She missed her mark. Looking at where the fighters pass is going, it's looking like it will be all 3rd party. Impa had a much better chance for the base roster. I want a new Zelda character that isn't another Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf, so Impa seems like a good fit. And she also has a lot of moveset potential from her Hyrule Warriors iteration. And no, don't give me that argument that she will be nothing but a Sheik echo. That doesn't make much sense, considering that she has source material to take from.

Monokuma: 12.74%

Heavy Weapons Guy x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

June 3: Monokuma (Danganronpa)
June 4: Erdrick (Dragon Quest)
June 5: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
June 6: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
June 7: Frisk (Undertale)
June 8: Creeper (Minecraft)
June 9: Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish)

Welcome to the week before E3! If scheduling holds, we should get this batch done before the conferences of Ubisoft, Square Enix, and of course, Nintendo. Will we get a Microsoft or Bethesda character before that?

Erdrick got a huge boost at the last minute and managed to land second place. Frisk stayed determined and in the end overtook Creeper for fifth. Morrigan was actually on the schedule before some last minute nominations for Freddi Fish meant she was kicked off the top 7.

A piece of trivia: if I remember correctly, this is the first time in the DLC season we've had a rerate. Mind-blowing, I know.

Your new top seven consists of Morrigan Aensland, Protector, Microsoft rep, Aloy, Third-party character from unrepped company, Crono, and Spyro.

Morrigan Aensland x105
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x103
Concept: Microsoft Rep x102
Aloy x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x100
Crono x95
Spyro x93

100 - 51

Kamek x92
Kyle Hyde x90
Boss: Kracko x87
Frogger x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
Saber (Fate) x80
Concept: Square Enix rep x75
Concept: Valve rep x75
9-Volt x74
Heavy (Team Fortress) x66
Jin Kazama x65
Ninten x64
Adeleine (Kirby) x60
Velvet Crowe x60
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Gene (God Hand) x50
Rundas x50
Ellie (The Last of Us) x50
X (Mega Man) x47
Decidueye x43
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x40
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Specter Knight x35
Gooey (Kirby) x31
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25

Under 25

Earthworm Jim x21
[Rerate] Steve? x21
Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x15
Qbby x15
Black Shadow x13
Gex x12
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
King Boo x10
Blaze the Cat x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x8
Toon Zelda x8
Marx (Kirby) x8
Magolor x6
Mike Jones x6
[Rerate] Banjo-Kazooie x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Concept: More Bosses x5
Lizalfos x4
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Urbosa x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Missed day

Nathan Drake

Chance: 20%. The franchise could be a fun one. But the problem is more competition from other franchises.

Want: 50%

Palico

Chance: 10%. Rathalos already represents Monster Hunter well. But more representation would not hurt.

Want: 50%. A playable Monster Hunter character would be fun. But chances are, Monster Hunter would get in first.

Impa

Chance: 20 to 25%. She has a spirit in the game, but who knows what will happen. But chances are, she has competition from other fighters, like Vaati.

Want: 60%. She would be fun to play however. Of course Midna is my main choice for a new Legend of Zelda character, but Impa would be fun.

Noms: 1 for Kamek, 2 for Adeleine and 2 for Concept: More Bosses
Microsoft rep Prediction: 10%

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Impa

Chance: 0.5%

-She's already a spirit.
-DLC is likely to be Guests only, and she wouldn't be profitable.
-Blah blah same reasons as the other 1st party characters rated.

She's much better suited for the Base Game rather than DLC. Even though she would be nice.

Monokuma prediction: 11%

Nominate Velvet Crowe x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Yah could say she's no Wimp-ah
Chance: 2%
Only possible through echo-fighters as DLC. Even if that happened she probably wouldn't get the priority over characters like Octolings or Dixie Kong. I don't think Sakurai or anyone over at the dev team really care for further representation of the Zelda series. Skull kid being an AT is probably an example of that.

Want: 20%
Not that huge on Zelda but I wouldn't mind her. Can't say Zelda fans don't atleast deserve a new echoe after all these years.

Monokuma: 7.23%
Bandana Dee x5

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Impa

I feel like Impa was more likely for the base game than as DLC. They want characters to be surprising, but I don't think Impa fits that bill. Unless they add her to promote an upcoming Zelda game (which I doubt), I don't see it happening.
I have no real connection with Impa, as I don't play much Zelda. That being said, if she can be a more unique ninja character (at leaet different enough from Sheik), I would consider playing her. Though I don't know which version they would use.

Nominations: Kamek x3, Decidueye x2 (since Monokuma is getting rated, I'm going to be a bit more creative with my noms).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Female Gwonam

Chance: Sorry Impa, you're only getting a 5%. The big third party focus, plus the fact that pretty much anybody who'd want Impa would probably buy the pass even if Impa wasn't there, plus the spirit all combine to make her a pretty preposterous character, as far as one such as I can see. Maybe in a different pass, a different pack, or a different game, but not today.

Want: Eh, 20%. Zelda's been hurting for characters for a long while, but I think it should be Tingle for a new character, and that Impa would be fine as a Sheik echo or even a Sheik replacement if that could be a thing. But, heh, I'm not going to whine about her not being included if she isn't because I'm not that concerned over her inclusion.

More Bosses x 5. Sunflower's coming tomorrow. Just to clarify, this is Plants vs. Zombies Sunflower. Oh, speaking of tomorrow, Monokuma will probably get somewhere around 6.92%, he has nothing wrong but isn't a big focus of the speculation scene.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
The least notable recurring character (Yes, Impa DOES appear in more than just Ocarina of Time. OoT is just her most notable appearance).

Chance: 5%
Everything I'd want to say has already been said. DLC seems to be a third-party focus, Impa's already a spirit, and so on.

Want: Abstain.
I really don't know where I stand in regards to Impa vs other Zelda reps.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Impa

Not third-party/already a spirit/tons of first-party competition. I doubt we'll get a Zelda rep for DLC and even if we did it'd probably be a new character from a more recent game. Impa is just one of those characters you'd expect to see in the base game, not as DLC.

And no, don't give me that argument that she will be nothing but a Sheik echo. That doesn't make much sense, considering that she has source material to take from.
I mean, it's not that much of a stretch since both Impa and Sheik use Sheikah fighting style. Not to mention its implied that the OoT iteration of Impa was the one who taught Zelda how to fight as Sheik.

Want: 30%
Impa is probably the most significant character in the series that isn't playable yet, as her debut goes as far back as Zelda II and she's a very reoccurring character. I think she's long overdue to appear as a fighter although there are still a ton of other Zelda characters I'd like to see first.

Monokuma chance prediction: 6.51%

Nominations:
Ugh both of my previous nominations (Crash and Erdrick) are already up on the schedule and E3 hasn't happened yet.

Uhhh... I guess for now I'll throw some noms towards a rerate of Terry Bogard (x5)

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I mean, it's not that much of a stretch since both Impa and Sheik use Sheikah fighting style. Not to mention its implied that the OoT iteration of Impa was the one who taught Zelda how to fight as Sheik.
Good point, though I still think she should use her own moveset from Hyrule Warriors.

D

Deleted member

Smash Boards Notifications are perfect, thanks for reliable notifications when someone replies Smash Boards. Impa

Chance: 0%; She is well known in the Zelda series, yes, but from what I see she has most potential as a Sheik clone, and at worse, and echo. However, I may be wrong, but I don't think Nintendo will sell clones as one of the 5 fighters, especially when they say all the fighters would be unique (I think they said that).

Want: 0%; I don't know much about the Zelda series. The only Zelda games I played was Twilight Princess and the 4 swords title on the DS. And, I think she is clone material at best, might be wrong, but that's my opinion.

Nominations: Dwight Fairfield x5

EDIT: I looked up, and found out something... Freddi Fish is locked, yay! I'm a pathetic use of a human!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Impa

Chance 10 - First party characters already have a limited shot as is. Her being a spirit is also very bad news for her. Between those 2 problems I really don't see much reason to think she's in the game

Want 30 - Not a huge LoZ player but it would be nice to get a rep from that series that isn't a version of Link, Zelda, or Gannon

Noms
Ellie x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Imp

A Spirit, obviously. And Impa's in a weird limbo imo. I can't see them making her a Sheik echo because she does have a unique moveset to offer, but I can't see Hyrule Warriors being used for inspiration either and weirdly enough, I don't see Sakurai making her unique because she could feasibly be an Echo. (Maybe it's just that Sakurai has gotten lazier with characters)

Want: 50%
The more I think about her, the less I can come up with reasons why she shouldn't be in. At the same time, her showing up would be another symptom of the 'only recurring characters for Zelda' problem, and many one-offs are characters I really want.

Noms: Kyle Hyde X5

Monokuma prediction: 2.4%

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Impa
Chance:0%: Honestly not gonna happen. Sure a Hyrule warriors move set exists but honestly I don’t think Smash will, acknowledge that. Also competition with Vaati, the Champions, Ravio, Ganon, and even Skull Kid.
Want:25%: No thanks. Unique move set but Vaati and Skull Kid are preferable.
Nominations:
Blaze x3, Specter Knight x2
Predictions:
Monokuma: 1.5%

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Impa

You know, if it wasn't for the whole Fighter Pass seeming third-party focused and Spirits downing people's chances, Impa would be in a great spot. She's always been the only recurring Zelda character outside of the Triforce wielders, which would justify her a little more than the one-shots. Ultimate also practically opens the welcome mat for her by both embracing echo fighters (since she'd easily mimic Sheik) and pulling Zelda representation form across the series' timeline. I'd give her a fair shake if there were ever DLC echoes, maybe even right behind Dixie Kong.

Want: 20%
Again, I'd much rather have the Fighter Pass pull from the best third-parties that it can. Still, everyone knows Zelda's been hurting for a newcomer for ages. An echo wouldn't be an original moveset, but it'd be more than nothing.

Nominations:
Valve representative x5

Top Bottom