• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
:ultpiranha: has piped up. On top of the chance score ratings, we ought to be getting a satisfaction day for it soon.

Stage DLC

Chance: 60%
Who really knows? Stages take more than a pretty penny to make. If they're new franchises that need whole playlists to themselves (barring some Square Enix-esque shenanigans), then that's another costly layer to consider. They've released separate stage DLC in the Smash 4, at least, and there's still some unrepresented stages to go, so there's certainly a precedent.

Want: 99%
I still really, really want to see a Bowser's Castle stage, and a new Pac-Maze. There's certainly no shortage of good stage ideas; the question's whether there's enough budget and approvals for them to make it happen.

Nominations
Hat Kid x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
:ultpiranha: has piped up. On top of the chance score ratings, we ought to be getting a satisfaction day for it soon.

Stage DLC

Who really knows? Stages take more than a pretty penny to make. If they're new franchises that need whole playlists to themselves (barring some Square Enix-esque shenanigans), then that's another costly layer to consider. They've released separate stage DLC in the Smash 4, at least, and there's still some unrepresented stages to go, so there's certainly a precedent.

Want: 99%
I still really, really want to see a Bowser's Castle stage, and a new Pac-Maze. There's certainly no shortage of good stage ideas; the question's whether there's enough budget and approvals for them to make it happen.

Nominations
Hat Kid x5
We did satisfaction for him way back in November. General rule of thumb for when we do em is getting to see gameplay. That’s why we didn’t do them for Inkling until E3 or Joker yet.

For the record the satisfaction on plant was...middling to say the least.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over new day sorry for long day

This one is a little vague but interpret it as more dlc after the fighter pass is my guess.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
More DLC

I think there is a decent chance for a season 2 considering how Ultimate's sales have been reaching new records for Nintendo. Even if we don't get an actual season 2, I can imagine Sakurai throwing us some form of extra DLC outside of the season pass.

Want: 100%
More fighters is always a good thing. I'd be down for any amount of extra DLC to prolong Ultimate's lifespan.

Sephiroth chance prediction: 18.41%

Nominations:
Andy (Advance Wars) x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Misc. DLC

Chance: 50%
It's a total coinflip IMO. With how much Smash is selling gangbusters right now, it'd very much be within Nintendo's interest to continue to support it, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fighter Pass and maybe some re-purposed DLC Mii Costumes is all they have planned. It'd be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
There's really no reason not to want this. More content is more content, and it even gives the characters who didn't make it as part of the Fighter Pass another chance. If they really leave Ultimate with less DLC than Smash 4 got, my disappointment in Nintendo will be through the roof.

Gooey x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
More DLC

Chance: 50 - Really tough to say, but I think that this round of DLC is pretty likely to sell well, which means the chances that we get a 2nd pack of DLC go up. I think it mainly depends on if Sakurai is willing to do it or not. He seems like he's ready for a long break, but he also seems like the type of person who would just say **** it and go for it, so who knows

Want: 100 - Love having more characters in the game. For me there can never be too many characters in Smash. I won't be bummed if we don't get another pack of DLC after this one, but I would certainly love it

Noms:
Cranky Kong x 5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
DLC
Chance:99%:why wouldn't this happen. It is what has happened with every other Switch game.
want: 100%: It's more content. More content is never a bad thing. Except if it's Steve. then it's bad. It
Nominations Shy Guy x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
More DLC:
Chance: 100%-Yeah, the overall topic being vague makes it kind of easy, because at the very least, we know there's more Mii costumes on the way, and maybe even some stages. If you ask me about a Season 2, then I'd say it's a lot less likely, but for now, I think it's kind of obvious there will be more DLC in any sort of fashion.
Want: 60%-Characters? Sure, those I'd buy. Stages? Maybe. But Mii costumes? Not at all, and it's almost guaranteed there will be lots of them. Rank is just a round-up on all three.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Season 2, or an Echos Pack, or just loose characters

Not counting stages because we rated yesterday, and Mii Costumes and Spirits are just... c’mon.

With how well the Switch and Ultimate are selling, it seems more and more like a certainty. Hell, if Sakurai wants to retire or work on something else, he could leave the reins to a protege of his, test the waters without the risk of ruining an entire game. More DLC just makes sense. Smash Ultimate could theoretically sell a **** ton of DLC, promote games, build corporate relationships and revive franchises. If they get the right characters for the hardcore fanbase, they can get people to buy an entire pass.

The only thing that gives me pause is that despite how open and specific Nintendo has been about sales and records, they’ve been quiet on how the Fighter Pass has been selling. So it might not be selling well, which is natural given fan concern. Still, I don’t think it’s what Nintendo might have expected after Joker’s reveal, so that means they either rethink their DLC strategy or just think people don’t want DLC and can the whole operation.

If DLC is all third party, then I want a round 2 with all first party. I want guys like Rex and Spring Man and Ribbon Girl and, like, Snip & Clip, the guys that were too recent. I want some freaking Assist Trophies updated. I want the Grinch gang to be real. I want Dixie and Bandanna Dee. I want more cool Echoes. C’mon Nintendo, you have all the cards, just announce a ballot by E3, you can start working on characters by February.

Seriously, if they were to announce at E3 that a second season of DLC will be decided by the ballot, that’s so many sales ensured it’s not even funny.

However, if more DLC means Steve or Goku get in, this Want score is automatically reduced to a 0.

Noms: Professor Hector x5

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Overall? 50%. But that depends what. I don't think another Fighter's Pass is super guaranteed, but I do think it has a solid chance of happening. Echo DLC feels even more likely. Mii Costume DLC is already confirmed. Technically speaking, DLC characters are confirmed besides the Fighter's Pass, as PP will be buyable as of this month, but that doesn't really count.

Want? 100%. I want more Echoes, I want AT's upgraded, I want fanrules broken as much as possible. Give it all. Make it fun. Modes too. There is no limit to me. And that also means non-game characters too. Any that would be added would still be outright amazing since they'd all be cultural icons. Though really, my biggest Microsoft-related Want is Fulgore, followed by Steve, and then Master Chief. Banjo would be last among that, but to be fair, there's not a lot of easy choices who are all iconic characters in some way. Or at least have a notable gaming legacy.

Nominations: Master Chief Mii Costume x 5. If Steve or Banjo are playable, this feels like a guarantee. Though Steve seems way more likely with the other two as cool costume. Then again, seeing a Banjo Mii wielding Kazooie like a Gun would be hilarious.

Sephiroth Chance: 30%. Viable contender, but I think they'll try another SE series at this point. It seems too hard to get a ton of FF content even without the Music being owned by someone else.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ravio x220
Dark Matter x210
Ezio Auditore da Firenze x195
Andy (Advance Wars) x195
Professor Hector x191
Shy Guy x185
Dante x180
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft) x180

200 - 151

Concept: 100 characters (counting Echo Fighters and Miis/Pokémon Trainer as 3) x170
Concept: World of Light expansion x165
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x160
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x159

150 - 101

Ryota Hayami x150
Kat & Ana x145
Sly Cooper x140
Concept: Style Savvy rep x140
Hat Kid x135
Magikarp x134
Bonkers (Kirby) x130
Q*Bert x128
Poochy x125
Concept: Boss Rush x125
Cranky Kong x125
Amy Rose x115
Vaati x115
Brash the Bear x115
Tracer x111
Concept: Undertale rep x105
Impa x101
Porky Minch x101

100 - 51

Monster Hunter x100
Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x95
Boss: Kracko x85
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x75
9-Volt x74
Spyro x67
Creeper x53

50 - 25

Papyrus x41
Frisk x40
Ryu Hayabusa x35
Yuri Lowell x35
Ninten x34
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Noctis Lucis Caelum x30
Frogger x30
[Rerate] Erdrick x30
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Kamek x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Decidueye x19
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
[Rerate] 2B x15
Gooey (Kirby) x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Amaterasu x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x10
Brian (Quest 64) x10
Reporter & Wrestler x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Tetromino x10
Adeleine (Kirby) x7
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Black Shadow x5
Marx (Kirby) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Both Andy and Ezio Auditore da Firenze advance past Professor Hector and are tied for 3rd place. Shy Guy wins his tie and hops to 6th, but that still leaves Dante and Arthas Menethil fighting for 7th.

Creeper creeps past 50 noms.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
More DLC

Chance: 70%
Honestly seems pretty likely to me that we'd get a second DLC cycle, although I also see possibility in one or two standalone echo fighters. Reason for the high chance rating is that with the size of this game compared to 4 and the huge revenue stream it makes sense that Nintendo would continue nurturing the playerbase after the fighters pass is concluded.

More DLC is clearly and borderline inarguably a good thing, I am not sure how to elaborate on this further aside from the obvious want for more quality content.

Noms: Shy Guy x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Money Money Money
Chance: 95%
They didn't put in 30 placeholder slots only to just add a handfull of characters. I can't imagine the support of this game ending after the Fighters pass. Smash 4's support probably got cut short due to the Wii U being on the way out. This isn't the case with the Switch, Nintendo is planning to support it for a long time. Also with them apparently wanting to go big with future DLC for Switch games, it makes perfect sense for them to plan continuous support for Smash. If they weren't already considering that, they definitely are now with Ultimate selling 12 million copies in less than a month. It could likely be the best selling Switch game overall right now. They are greatly profiting from this game and the DLC is just gonna add more money.

Yeah, it might not be good for Sakurai's health but as long as he takes the occasional month break between seasons and considers this his final game I can see him still going at it. If he still stops anyway, Nintendo will probably put the next best guy in charge. They've struck gold with this game. They aren't gonna let that money slip.

Ultimate DLC has so much potential past the fighter pass. They could honestly make it their Fortnite or WoW. Continuous updates and support with characters, stages, modes, etc for years on end. It could outlive the Switch itself as they could just port it over to what comes next. As long as they keep tweaking it there will probably not be a need for a completely new game for a long time. Thinking about it just makes me excited.

Sephiroth: 3.76%
100 characters x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If they weren't already considering that, they definitely are now with Ultimate selling 12 million copies in less than a month. It could likely be the best selling Switch game overall right now.
Mario Odyssey is at 13 million, MK8 Deluxe is at 15 million. It’s still really on pace to become number one.

Weird how Splatoon, ARMS, Star Allies and BotW get DLC, but Odyssey gets just clothes and Mario Kart 8 gets... did it get anything? Maybe they only release DLC to spur more sales of the base game?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario Odyssey is at 13 million, MK8 Deluxe is at 15 million. It’s still really on pace to become number one.

Weird how Splatoon, ARMS, Star Allies and BotW get DLC, but Odyssey gets just clothes and Mario Kart 8 gets... did it get anything? Maybe they only release DLC to spur more sales of the base game?
To be fair, Deluxe more or less is a fully complete version of the previous game with all its DLC plus more. So it can be considered "unneeded" for DLC since it had some by design. Being a re-release that is maxed out in content might be why, basically.

Odyssey's big thing is the clothing at times. That's the collection rate besides your typical "stars". I agree more could be done, though. New worlds would be cool. Clothing is still good on its own, though.

Also, I updated for Noms and Predictions. I forget these too often.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
More DLC

Chance: 75%
I have feeling that due to Switch being successful, Nintendo might pull a second wave of DLC to prolong Smash Ultimate's lifespan. It doesn't matter whether the first wave of DLC was successful or not, I can see them announcing a second wave either way. There are a lot of characters, especially first-party characters, that are missing in Smash and they could do it in the second wave.

More characters are always appreciated to be honest. Sure, this game already has enough characters as it is, but there are characters that deserved to be playable in Smash, even if they were in the game as an Assist Trophy or a Spirit.

Sephiroth Prediction: 7.33%

Nominations:
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft) x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
DLC Season 2+

Chance: 20%

We can all look at the same DLC arguments we've had on the Bonus Echoes or Bonus Stages days, but will we get more than 6 DLC full characters?

The Switch is exceeding all expectations so far. Smash Ultimate outsold SmashU lifetime sales within a few weeks. People would eat up all DLC, so it would undoubtedly sell. So all in all, a season 2 seems like the most obvious thing in the world. Also, Nintendo's been keener on DLC with their latest games than they've been in the past, so that's easy enough. Not to mention that this pack is looking all third party, and there are several first parties with fanbases. Or that Sm4sh ended with 7 DLC characters and it's looking like we're only getting 6 total so far.

So realistically the question is "Does Nintendo want to make more money?" And sometimes, I'm really convinced the answer is 'no.'

Nintendo is habitually really bad at realizing how much hype they are able to drum up. This is easily seen with the amiibo and the (S)NES mini - they announce something, people go bat**** about it, then Nintendo only ships a few units which are bought up by scalpers. Nintendo always seems surprised that people want to buy their stuff; particularly they seem floored every time something of theirs is popular in the West.

So we know that DLC pack 1 will sell. A potential DLC pack 2 would also, but they may not be willing to put in the effort towards it.

And all of that is Nintendo. Sakurai has gone on record that making a single character and balancing them against the entire cast is a lot of work, and he's never really sounded that enthused about DLC in the first place. Even his admission that Nintendo picked the five we're getting came of as an admission that he's being strong armed into doing it. I feel that Sakurai would love to bury this game and be done with it, so spending more time making more characters, despite that it would sell, doesn't seem to be something he's crazy about. I also don't really see him as the type of person who'd hand the reins over to someone else to let them do the DLC.

Nintendo knows this is one of their biggest games. They know we'll eat up the DLC. But will Sakurai allow it to happen? My gut is going pessimistic here.

Now of course I want extra content. I haven't bought the pack yet because the two characters we know of it don't excite me in the least, but we'll see how they play and how much of a completionist I want to be. But I'm still holding out hope for a few characters, so more chances for them to join would be great - particularly for a second pack where DLC promotions for Spirits/Assists/etc. are on the table since they're not all planned before release this time. And yeah, for me I'll take anything if it manages to get the Dragonborn and/or Tails in.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
More DLC
Chance:
30%
So, originally I was more like a 5% but with the recent reports of financial success for Ultimate I really could see Nintendo greenlighting a second season and assigning teams to make Fighter Pass 2. I still don't think it's incredibly likely because Sakurai himself probably wants to move in, but perhaps overseeing a DLC season is less stressful than overseeing a whole game. Pretty up in the air but I'm still gonna err on the side of caution here.

I love content! I love characters! I want to play as everyone ever! Put a Monty Mole in this game if you have to! I have exactly one character I don't want touching Smash in a playable state but like, I'll take literally anyone else at this point, even if I don't know who they are. Any new series or character added to Smash has excited me outside of Corrin and even Corrin is a fun character to play as. Gimme 'em all.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
More DLC

Chance: 30%
Everyone seems a bit too optimistic on this, if you ask me. Sakurai has made it clear multiple times that it takes a great deal of work putting together content for this game, which is compounded by the fact that his team is significantly reduced after launch. Aside from the five DLC packs and Mii outfits scattered throughout the year, I don't really see high chances of getting anything else.

In addition, Nintendo doesn't always have the best track record with DLC, regardless of how successful the game is. MK8 only got two dlc packs despite it's success, and MK8D still has nothing (aside from one Link costume) despite being the most sold game on the Switch. If they're not going to add to their best seller, I can't see them going beyond what we've already been promised.

Of course I'd be happy to bring wrong. More content is always better than less.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
More DLC
Chance: 40%

I gotta say I'm actually a little surprised I decided to rate that high, even last week I probably would have been a lot closer to Cap's numbers. But something about how well this game is selling is making me wonder if they might actually decide to do more. Obviously we know costumes are coming, and we rated stages yesterday, so the question I guess comes if they decide to add more characters. I think I could see scenarios where the decide to put out a few more characters after this fighter's pass is over. I think if this was rating a second Fighter's pass though I'd probably drop it closer to 20%.

Yeah just like everyone else I want more. Unless its all fighters like Steve, Master Chief, and Sans I can see being exited to see just about anyone at this point.

Prediction: Sephiroth? 4%
Nominations: Ravio x5

How many more days until the nominations are locked GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ?

SPEN18

Smash Lord
More DLC

I guess I'll interpret this as more characters outside of PP and the 5 from the Fighters Pass

Chance: 15%
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Nintendo had already decided before launch that the Fighters Pass would be the only DLC in terms of characters. They seemed to talk about it as if it was the main plan; I think that they wanted to be clear about how many fighters they were gonna add from the start, so that people know what to expect. Of course, it's possible that they change their minds, but such a course correction would potentially be more of a hassle than they think it'd be worth. I don't know how well the Fighters Pass is selling, but even if it does well I don't think they'll necessarily make more DLC. Maybe Nintendo is just ready to put their resources into other games. More characters beyond the current packs definitely has potential to be profitable for them, and we're also in a unique situation of Smash being released earlier in the console's lifetime, but it just sounded to me like the Fighters Pass was their way of laying out all the DLC from the beginning, at least in terms of characters.

Want: 0%
Don't get me wrong; I'd like more characters and don't have an issue with the number there are. The main problem with more DLC for me is that, at this point in time, it's pretty clear to me that the types of characters that fit Nintendo's model for DLC are not usually the types of characters that I'd like to see added. In the base game, there's more room to add a few throwback and less "relevant" characters, plus less pressure on each and every character to be able to fit into Nintendo's marketing plan and generate sales (these pressures still exist in the base game, but not to the same degree). I'm also already prepared to wait for Smash 6 for more characters, as the frontrunners for DLC this time around are generally unappealing to me aside from a select few (and even those are not among my absolute highest choices). Ultimate is a good game overall, and it will suffice as the go-to Smash game for quite a while, but it suffered from an overblown marketing gimmick that threw off the roster balance. I'm okay with waiting until the next console generation when the roster will likely have to be built from scratch, hopefully ensuring that each character, vet or newcomer, is evaluated based on their own merits. It's actually pretty exciting to revert to thinking about the raw potential that a brand-new roster can carry. We don't know how far away Smash 6 is, but we do know, assuming it's made at some point, that there is a lot that can happen between now and then. There's time for the revival of a couple long-neglected franchises, some characters finally being old enough to classify as "retro," new games and even whole IPs to be created, and other characters who are recent now to have the chance to extend their legacy. Maybe Sakurai will retain his role for another game, or maybe we'll get another director to wipe the slate even more clean. There's a lot of good things that can come to fruition, and I hope at least some of them do. Right now I'm rerouting my Smash speculation focus towards the next game, which I consider to be a much better opportunity for most of the characters I'd like to see join the battle. I will, however, add that I haven't completely given up on DLC; this rating could potentially shoot way higher based on one or two good character reveals. But as of now, it's hard to go higher. Perhaps a score of zero is a bit harsh as I would like more DLC if it's quality stuff, but I'm not confident in its quality as of now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
More DLC
Chance: 40%

I gotta say I'm actually a little surprised I decided to rate that high, even last week I probably would have been a lot closer to Cap's numbers. But something about how well this game is selling is making me wonder if they might actually decide to do more. Obviously we know costumes are coming, and we rated stages yesterday, so the question I guess comes if they decide to add more characters. I think I could see scenarios where the decide to put out a few more characters after this fighter's pass is over. I think if this was rating a second Fighter's pass though I'd probably drop it closer to 20%.

Yeah just like everyone else I want more. Unless its all fighters like Steve, Master Chief, and Sans I can see being exited to see just about anyone at this point.

Prediction: Sephiroth? 4%
Nominations: Ravio x5

How many more days until the nominations are locked GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ?
Noms are locked after Sephiroth’s day.

D

Deleted member

CHARACTER CONUNDRUM

Get it?
Chance :
I’m going to assume this means more characters after the fighter pass. Sakurai made it clear that 5 DLC is what we’re getting for this year, but I don’t think a second pass is impossible. Ultimate has been selling extremely well, and the DLC is practically guaranteed to make money. It would be a wise business decision to add more DLC to the game with such a large player base. Sakurai himself has said that he enjoys working on Smash and would start making one immediately if Nintendo asked. DLC could also be a clever marketing opportunity, and it’s very typical of modern fighting games to have two seasons of DLC. The fact that there are 25 reserved slots in th game’s code could mena they’re future-proofing, potentially meaning they’ve at least considered a second wave of DLC. The switch has a long-life ahead of it. However, this wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo didn’t make DLC for high selling games. Mario Odyssey sold very well, but it has yet to receive any form of substantial content DLC. Sakurai has also made it clear that he is a bit tired, so it wouldn’t be unsurprising if he wanted to get development over with. It’s possibek they’ve only planned 5 DLC for quite a while to add longevity. They might just want to get it over with and start advertising other games,
35%

Want :
I mean, more characters is generally good in my book. There are tons of potential movesets we could get and plenty of characters I’d like to see. More content and franchises is always nice. However there’s potential for some characters I maybe wouldn’t be super fond of to get in, and we could get another Smash 4 Bayo situation in terms of balancing.
80%

Noms: Ezio x5
I ain’t letting that Andy ****** beat me. That’s a joke btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
MOAR:

Chance: 50% - It seems likely, but I'm not sure either way. Sakurai has said he wants to do all he can for this game/make it the best it can be/whatever he said like that, so he could push for a Season 2 of more fighters and such if not just some extra stuff like stages, modes and echos outside of the Fighters Pass. They could also just stop after they're done with the current Pass, though.

Want: 100% - This would give some past stages like Meta Crystal, Mute City Melee, and Icicle Mountain another chance, as well as give fan-favorite characters more chances as well if there's a second Fighters Pass (give me Steve/Creeper and Banjo-Kazooie please). Plus, I wouldn't be against them adding more stuff anyway, and would definitely enjoy some new modes, past stages and more characters.

Nominations:

Creeper x3
Ninten x2

CureParfait

Smash Ace
More DLC
Chance- 80%
Given how successful Smash Ultimate it would be surprising if it didn't have a season 2 of DLC. I have doubts that DLC season 1 would flop hard enough Season 2 won't happen.

Want- 50%
It depends who are on the season 2 DLC. If the majority of the season 2 DLC characters are characters I don't like I am not interested in it. But there are plenty of characters I want to see.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wonder which character that could be... Steve?

(Rating coming soon)
Not Steve. Not to derail the thread but it's one that always causes arguments when I say I don't want them and my reasons are pretty personal so I try to just avoid the subject. Of course if they come up in this thread at any point I'll be honest.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Because this game wasn't going to be enough of a bank breaker.

Chance: 10%. I'm erring on the side of the cynics for this one, simply because I have no belief that after working on Smash for what amounts to 7 years and counting in a row, that Sakurai and his merry men of development wouldn't want to just leave after doing this over and over at the first opportunity. I mean, assuming More DLC directly refers to more characters, that is, since anything else I think is fair game.

Want: 70%. I mean it sucks that Sakurai and his gang would have to continue working on Smash for even more years, but then again, I need a Wave 3 since I don't trust Wave 2... and hey, either the future packs will have Arle in which this would be 100, or this one does and I think that they've earned a break for good (they already have) and it's 100 because I've stopped caring.

Sly Cooper x 5, Sephiroth gets the Squeenix boost of 12.82%, since he has to contend with a Dragon Quest Character.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
50 % I have no clue

100% of couce I want it
Hey welcome to Smash Boards! Thanks for stopping by the RTC Thread!

In case you didn't see it, I'll post the rules for participation from the first page.
How to Play
Each day there will be a focus on a specific character or concept for smash switch. We shall rate these characters both on how likely we view them and how much we desire them from 0-100%. When posting, you also can nominate characters to rate. Each poster is given five nominations per day. The list of nominations will be found in a post below. You also can potentially predict the chance score for the character that will be predicted next, which the closest guess will get an extra 5 noms. An exact guess will get 10 extra noms.

Rules
1. Characters must originate from a video game. It is preferred that they must have been featured on at least one Nintendo console.

2. -You're allowed to debate but please no flame wars. Also please refrain from non explanations, as a spirit of debate is encouraged. Posts lacking at least 2 sentences in reasoning of chance and want will be invalid and your scores and nominations will be ignored. Abstaining from a rating will not require reasoning, though it would be appreciated.

3. Please do not discuss a character after their day has ended. If you wish to discuss a character again start nominating them for a rerate, however please wait at least two weeks before renominating a character.

4. Please avoid counter votes. You are free to disagree but do not rate something negatively to be a jerk.

5. Explicit character deconfirmation means a character will not be rated again. In the event that it happens before a character is rated they shall be removed from planned days or the nominations list.
In your case if you would like your scores to count you will need to add an extra sentence to both the Chance and Want sections.

If you have any other questions feel free to as me by replying to this post or tagging me (@ then my username).

Again, welcome to rating!

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
MORE CONTENT, MORE MONEY!
Chance: 51%

It's free money for Nintendo. What really matters however is if Sakurai is going to take a break/stop after the first fighters pass. It's possible he could stop DLC completely, or take a break and continue with more DLC, wave 2 or sold independently. It would make them insane amounts of money no matter which characters make it. I don't have much else to say other than who doesn't want more content? I could see why people lower their want scores because of the potential of their least wanted characters making it in, but the chances of that happening are somewhat low. (Depending on the character, or the amount of least wanted characters) My solution: Wait for wave 2 to finish before you decide, use said character as a punching bag, or don't buy that character.

Sephiroth: 7.92%

Magikarp x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
More DLC

Chance: 50%

Could go either way. All the DLC development could end after the release of the final DLC character, or the train keeps on trailing. And who wouldn't say no to more DLC? The fact that we have people speculating whether there could be a second Fighter Pass, and people in favor of it citing among things the success of Ultimate's sales, that shows that the demand among fans is there. It just comes down to whether Nintendo recognizes it and continues to capitalize on it further.

Boss Rush x5

TheSeelGoesMeow

Smash Rookie
Hey welcome to Smash Boards! Thanks for stopping by the RTC Thread!

In case you didn't see it, I'll post the rules for participation from the first page.

In your case if you would like your scores to count you will need to add an extra sentence to both the Chance and Want sections.

If you have any other questions feel free to as me by replying to this post or tagging me (@ then my username).

Again, welcome to rating!

oh This is my second time for this but thanks anyway I have learned

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
More DLC

Chance: 50% - Unsure on this one; I feel like it could go either way. The success of Ultimate in general could very well mean that Nintendo will want to keep supporting the game with new content, but the cynic in me wants to say that the Fighter Pass will be it.

Want: 100% - As long as it's new characters/stages and not just more Mii costumes, I'm all for it. I'd honestly even pay for a new Stage Builder at this point.

Nominations:
Frogger x5

Ornl

Smash Ace
New fighters
Chance : 12,5% - Sakurai said the number of 12 new (non-Echo) fighters for this new Smash Bros was the ideal number.
Want : abstain.

Top Bottom