• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sans Undertale:

Chance: 1% - I have a feeling it's not going to happen; Undertale came to the Switch in September, and while they could have negotiated a character recently, I'm not so sure. However, there's always that slim cha- er, very, very slim chance.

Want: 100% - I like Undertale, and Sans & Papyrus are my favorite characters from the game. I wouldn't mind their inclusion at all, and would be interested to see how they'd make Sans work, although it'd be cooler if Papyrus was with him.

Nominations:

Creeper x3
Ninten x2

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
STUPID IDIOT
Chance: 5%
Want: HARD 0%

Welp, I'm about to get a lot of criticism for this.

This is one of my least wanted characters. A character most people want for the sake of memes, that doesn't need to be in Smash whatsoever. The only reason why Sans would get in is from the demand of a fanbase. A very annoying, toxic fanbase. There's also the memers who purposely enjoy requesting characters from questionable fanbases, Sans being one of them. What's next? Default Dan? Baldi? Shrek? I'll take a Megalovania music track though, so it can play in Hanenbow or something. It's the only positive thing I have to say about Sans. Moveset wise, he has some potential, but his Gaster Blasters are way too crazy and all over the place to fit in his standard moveset. They feel more like Final Smashes to be honest. Nintendo chose all the characters this time around, and despite the fact that Undertale recently got on Switch, I don't think Sans will make it in. He is an indie character as well, and we have no representation for playable indies. Which is a good thing for me, because I'd rather see Freddy Fazbear get in over Sans. If they would've added an indie character to be playable, it would've been Shantae or Shovel Knight. The former is a spirit, and the latter is an Assist Trophy. I'm gonna bring up Sans' Rate their chances video in case I missed something.
6:50 for Sans

(I apologize for the rant. I'm sure there's many good people in the Undertale fanbase, but this is mostly from personal experience.)

Predictions: Shantae 15%

Surprise prediction: Goku from Yuyuki (Lol)

Nominations: Reaper x5

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sans Chance: 0.5%

Pretty unlikely. Outside of the slim chance of Nintendo including an Undertale rep as an option simply due to Undertale Switch, I don't really see it happening.

Sans Want: 100%

I love Undertale and would be thrilled to see representation from it. I might be slightly more interested in other specific reps, but Sans would be a ton of fun to play as.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sans

Chance - 0.05% - Even if we were to get an Undertale representative, it's hard to say who it would be. Many characters are spoilers, and finding the right balance between icoinicness, fight capability, and avoiding spoilers. Still, the skeleton bros are the clear mascots, being used even back in the Kickstarter days, so they have arguably some merit. That said, given there is competition for a spot that is unlikely in the first place, I struggle to see him getting in.

Want - 10% - I like Undertale, but I don't think a character is quite right. Some other content I'm okay with, but a character seems too much.

Nominations

Arle Nadja X5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't want to see Sans as a playable fighter, but I'm still going to abstain from a rating.

However, I do VERY much want to see a MEGALOVANIA MUSIC TRACK in the game, and if not that, than some time of Undertale music. I do realize that this is highly unlikely because Undertale has not been shown to even be represented as a spirit, much less even be recognized by Nintendo (despite the Switch port), so it will end up just being a dream I'm afraid.

Nominations: Impa x5, I forgot to abstain yesterday.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Sans:

Chance - 1%

What can I say that hasn't already been said. He is a character from an indie game and not even the main protagonist at that plus his Switch port is way too new.

Want - Abstain

Haven't played Undertale.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Sans:

Chance: 5%. The only reason he's talked about and not Frisk or Chara is the same reason why Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy: He's a meme. Most of the people who want sans want him for memes; not the other way around. If meme characters with some unironic supporters like Waluigi couldn't get in, I don't see how they'd take characters like Sans who are all meme. If they wanted to give Undertale representation, Frisk, a stage or spirits would make more sense from Toby/Nintendo's point of view.

Want: 0%: Simply put, including Sans for the memes would steal a slot from more deserving choices (who are wanted unironically), like Shantae, Shovel Knight and to a lesser extent Frisk. Much like Minecraft, Undertale (and Deltarune) deserve representation in Smash; but not fighter representation, since their respective fighters are only highly requested for the memes. IMO, a stage with all of the main monster characters as hazards would capture Undertale better than a fighter, considering how the game is about being a pacifist.

Nomination: No Fan Favorites x5.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh generalizing a character's wants as "for the memes" feels unfair imo, there are plenty of people who'd like Steve or Sans/Papyrus/whoever for Undertale unironically.

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Sans

Chance: 0.001%
It's a very small chance and I would be very surprised to see him in.

Want: 50%
I wouldn't be against with him getting in and would be curious to see how he would play,

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Tbh generalizing a character's wants as "for the memes" feels unfair imo, there are plenty of people who'd like Steve or Sans/Papyrus/whoever for Undertale unironically.
I feel that most of the people who unironically want Undertale representation would be asking for Frisk/Chara/The Fallen Human, since they're the main character. Even then, I feel that they'd both be extremely out-of-character in Smash. First, Sans is lazy, to the point where
it took literal genocide to make him fight
, and Frisk would need their Fight/Act mechanic to fully work in Smash. While Sakurai has overcome great hurdles in making movesets, I'm not sure even he could implement a gimmick for a pacifist in a fighting game. So leaving such big parts of their characters would be a detail too big to miss.

Also, while there are many who would/do want them unironically, they seem to have became popular because of memes (For example, Sans from "Do you wanna have a bad time"). I don't hate Steve, nor do I hate anyone in the cast of Undertale/Deltarune (I even played Deltarune ch1 (and wanted to play UT, but never got around to buying it)), but from what I've seen, the main, not sole, source of their popularity is memes, and I'm just calling as I see it. To each their own, though. I don't want to start a flame war over opinions.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I feel that most of the people who unironically want Undertale representation would be asking for Frisk/Chara/The Fallen Human, since they're the main character.
Speaking as someone who unironically would like Undertale representation, Sans seems like a more accessible choice than Frisk, since Frisk doesn't do much in the game outside of stabbing people. The monsters you fight actually have unique abilities that could be translated into a Smash moveset, and of those monsters, Sans is arguably the most notable.

Sans is lazy
And Animal Crossing is too peaceful.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sans.

Abstaining from chance. You know, like a lazybones. :p

Want: 95%
He's not my first Undertale or Deltarune choice. Personally I'd prefer Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, or Ralsei, but Sans is cool too. Plus, Undertale music.

Also does anyone have the upcoming schedule, offhand?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Sans.

Abstaining from chance. You know, like a lazybones. :p

Want: 95%
He's not my first Undertale or Deltarune choice. Personally I'd prefer Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, or Ralsei, but Sans is cool too. Plus, Undertale music.

Also does anyone have the upcoming schedule, offhand?
It's in the second post, on the first page.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
I'm abstaining on this one. I don't feel like talking about Sans right now...

Nominations:
3rd Party Character from an unrepped company x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Did you hear about the two skeleton brothers who worked together to get in Smash? It was a joint effort.

Chance: 1%
Out of any Undertale Rep, Sans is the most likely candidate, but really, that's not saying much. Shovel Knight and Shantae, huge juggernauts as far as indies go, could only hope to obtain an Assist Trophy and a spirit respectively. I feel a spirit is the best chance at Undertale representation, now that it's mentioned. There's also the elephant in the room, Minecraft. What kind of content is it getting? A boss? A character? There's no clear confirmation, but we do know that Minecraft is a lot bigger than Undertale, and Minecraft getting a character isn't even concrete. There's also a matter of a realizable moveset for Sans. Outside of one boss battle (which already makes pulling moves difficult), what else could he use? Prank gag items? ... actually that'd be really fitting. Err, regardless Sans just doesn't have a chance here.

Want: 0%
I like Undertale, don't get me wrong. However, I don't think it's ready for Smash. It only has one game to it's name really, as Deltarune isn't technically complete. However, while I don't like the idea of a character from Undertale, I would be A-OK with a few spirits, (Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, etc), and music tracks. Though even then, I don't expect that either.

Predictions: Shantae
She certainly has better odds for a character than Sans. However, third party spirits might have a harder time than first party spirits for upgrades. 21%

Nominate: Professor Hector x5

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Sans:

Chance: 0%. Sorry, but this just isn't happening. Sans is a meme character who, while he is one of, if not the most popular character in Undertale, in the event that Smash actually got an Undertale character, it would NOT be him. Who from Undertale would? Well, Frisk is the obvious choice, since he's the player character (and making a moveset based around ACTing could be pretty interesting, if you ask me), or potentially Flowey, since he's by far the most important character to the game's story (plus, with Piranha Plant, you can't really make an excuse along the lines of "He'd just be rooted to the spot!"). But let's face it; Undertale is NOT getting into Smash, one way or another.

Want: 1%. Like I said above, if an Undertale character got into Smash, it would not be Sans. And it shouldn't be Sans either. So for that reason, he gets a 1%. I like Undertale, but I don't want it in Smash.

Shantae predictions: 10%

Nominations: Reimu x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sans:

Chance: 0%. Sorry, but this just isn't happening. Sans is a meme character who, while he is one of, if not the most popular character in Undertale, in the event that Smash actually got an Undertale character, it would NOT be him. Who from Undertale would? Well, Frisk is the obvious choice, since he's the player character (and making a moveset based around ACTing could be pretty interesting, if you ask me), or potentially Flowey, since he's by far the most important character to the game's story (plus, with Piranha Plant, you can't really make an excuse along the lines of "He'd just be rooted to the spot!". Or you could put in Asriel instead, who is still technically Flowey). But let's face it; Undertale is NOT getting into Smash, one way or another.

Want: 1%. Like I said above, if an Undertale character got into Smash, it would not be Sans. And it shouldn't be Sans either. So for that reason, he gets a 1%. I like Undertale, but I don't want it in Smash.

Shantae predictions: 10%

Nominations: Reimu x5
You should probably spoiler mark stuff there, for people that didn’t play Undertale.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I feel that most of the people who unironically want Undertale representation would be asking for Frisk/Chara/The Fallen Human, since they're the main character.
Speaking for myself, I don't really see the Fallen Human as my first choice. They're a character that can have distinctly incompatible characterizations depending on what you do in Undertale, and trying to go the middle road like with Corrin might just end up pleasing nobody. The combat system player-side really isn't anything to write home about either.

It's not impossible, though, there's enough material for a neutral Fallen Human moveset. But unless there was a way to incorporate the extreme endings into the playstyle, I'm not sure if it'd be faithful to the game itself, more so than the character. It'd be kind of like adding an alternate Ness/Lucas character.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
:ultness:
Chance: 0.01%
I've already explained why he won't be in before, so I'll just keep this simple. Shovel Knight and Shantae aren't playable, do you really think Sans will be any different?
The only reason I didn't give him a zero is because giving out zeros after :ultpiranha: just feels wrong.
I still dont think Undertale characters deserve to be playable in Smash. I'd rather have an EarthBound newcomer. ;)

Shantae prediction: 5%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
All we know (us who aren't in on it) is that it probably isn't a character on the schedule, a character we've nommed (since we'd be told not to nom them), Goku or Shrek (and presumably the rest of the non-video game crew). I doubt it's an Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, or Boss Fight, but it could be.

Watch this become dated in an hour.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ok I'm gonna do an absolutely crazy guess for what we'll be rating in a bit...

...James Bond (Goldeneye 64)?

He was considered for Melee and Goldeneye 64 is cited as one of the best FPS games ever. The Goldeneye proximity mine trophy in Melee originates from TOP SECRET which could explain why this day has been kept a secret. Of course his chance ratings would be incredibly low though his day may mainly be to see how many people would want him.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
All we know (us who aren't in on it) is that it probably isn't a character on the schedule, a character we've nommed (since we'd be told not to nom them), Goku or Shrek (and presumably the rest of the non-video game crew). I doubt it's an Assist Trophy, Poké Ball, or Boss Fight, but it could be.

Watch this become dated in an hour.
For what it’s worth, if somebody were to/had nominated this secret character, I’d have counted the nominations. Not to give the surprise away and all.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Shovel Knight and Shantae aren't playable, do you really think Sans will be any different?
I keep seeing this argument but honestly, aren't sans and the game he comes from way more well known than both these two? Megalovania has about 70+ milion views on Youtube. Numbers SK and Shantae can only dream of having.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sans
Chance: 0.1%

Indie. Western based. Both things make it quite difficult to get on the roster but not impossible. Add that he's third party and that even if Undertale got representation it might NOT be Sans? Lowers those chances a lot. Undertale is but one game opposed to a franchise as well and is only a port on Switch making me question why Nintendo would use him for advertising either. Steve(?); love him or hate him, is a more logical choice for a single game representative than Sans.

Want: 5%
Like Undertale. Like Sans. Like Megalovania. However he's a walking (badly kept) spoiler and his gimmick is he's untouchable with only a single bit of life. Honestly Sans works as an insanely hard boss, but as a player character I'm less sure?

I'm also not overly keen on indies getting in in general when there's bigger fish to fry for third parties. I'd sooner see Tails, Banjo, Rayman, Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, etc, etc make the cut than Sans.

I keep seeing this argument but honestly, aren't sans and the game he comes from way more well known than both these two? Megalovania has about 70+ milion views on Youtube. Numbers SK and Shantae can only dream of having.
Don't know about Shantae, but Shovel Knight getting an Amiibo, and cameos as a playable character in a fair few other titles(such as Yooka-Laylee and Brawlhalla) certainly means he hasn't faded from the public mind even if he's not got quite as many hits.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Surprise day will go live tonight. Sorry for late post, I had a health scare. I’m ok now, day will not start early because short changing days I do not like to do.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Sans
Chance: 0.1%

Undertale is the definition of niche indie game, don't see them getting any representation in Smash any time soon.

I've never played Undertale (doesn't look like my type of game) but there are way more deserving characters who would be better than him.

Noms: Ravio x5

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sans.

0% for chance and want.

Never got into Undertale, Sans is just a meme request for this game just so people can make Mat Pat jokes.

Nom Pyra and Mythra without rex x5

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Sans.
Chance :0%
, Shovel Knight was an Assist Trophy and it seems like they were just experimenting the idea of including Indie characters in Smash along with Shantae. If he's not playable, I don't think he can be playable. Frisk probably has a higher chance of being a fighter, several characters in Smash did not fight before. Only main characters of video games has always been included in Smash first. I would be okay if he ends up being a Spirit or something.
Want Abstain.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sans

Chance: 0.001%. Uhh seriously!? He's nothing more than amere joke character like Shrek and Goku. And he only has so few supporters. There are other much more notable and more worthy guest characters.

Want: 0%. Please god no. I'm so sick of Undertale, it's fanbase and those annoying Sans memes.

Nominate All DLC are 3rd Party x5

D

Deleted member

sans undertale from megalovania is basically a lock so idk what you noobs are talking about
/****post

Chance: 0.000000000000000001%, he's literally a meme-tier pick

Want: I actually really like Undertale, so it having a rep would be cool (although about as likely as Goku and Shrek). But Sans wouldn't be a very good rep, as there's no way you could properly represent him besides making him an incredibly hard boss or something. 0%

Top Bottom