• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Steve
Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

Well we can't deny the impact Minecraft has left. A game that managed to graduate from being indie. Not even being bought by Microsoft stopped the franchise from floundering. There's an educational version of Minecraft. Now when we had Banjo's day, I concede I scored Banjo low, If I could adjust it, I'd give him a 30% chance. But overall, I still feel Steve would draw in more people than Banjo. Hey, both could happen. Double dipping on a company is a thing.

I'm completely neutral towards Steve. I don't have any blind hatred towards Steve. I played Minecraft and for what it is, I found it to be enjoyable. There's no limit to what you could build. But I never went deep into it. I never interacted with the community, I never bothered to get a custom skin. The default was good enough for me. Also, calling Steve "Steve?" is dumb. That question mark is never used in all the Steve merch I saw. And the Creeper is prime Assist Trophy material.

Boss Kracko x5

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/u_Senjougahara__Hitagi/comments/9yzt7h/z/ea72kkr

So a recent update here from Hitagi. I'm going to adjust my score here.

New Score: 20%. With the the fact that DLC is still in the blue. I lowered my score for Steve. The only sure thing from Vergeben is Minecraft content which IMO is just spirits. I firmly believe the Microsoft rep will be Banjo if there is one.

Want: same score and reason

Same Nom.
But they said the Steve bit's still real, so I don't think Steve's chances are affected.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Steve

Chance: 80%

I was pessimistic about Microsoft for the main roster, but not so much for DLC. And I'm gonna have to be unbiased here: I personally consider Steve to be the most likely character by far, and the only one I'm confident is getting in. Frankly, I can't imagine a scenario where Nintendo doesn't at least suggest him. Minecraft is undeniably one of the most iconic games of all time, and it's done super well for them. It's popular in Japan as well, Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be on good terms, and heck, Sakurai himself is a fan of the game! Which would make me think he would absolutely want to include it in Smash if it's suggested, and I think it will be. As someone who has Banjo-Kazooie as their most wanted, I don't think they would be suggested over Steve because they're just not around anymore, and I think Nintendo would rather have the super successful modern icon if they could only have one. I think there's a small shot they'd be suggested and picked with Steve, but they won't be added over him. Really, the only way I see Steve not making it is if Nintendo and Microsoft don't work it out, but I'll honestly be surprised if that happens.

Want: 0%

All that said, I really wouldn't at all mind being wrong here. This is probably my least favorite of all the realistic choices, and it's simply because I just don't like Steve. I don't care for Minecraft, I find him to be an eyesore that wouldn't fit well in Smash, and he doesn't interest me as a fighter in the slightest. He's an iconic character and I respect that, but there's a number of other gaming icons not yet in I'd much rather have. I'm actually getting the fighter pass because I want to have everything so I'll give him a chance if he gets in, and I do think he will, but as of now I have absolutely no interest. Would rather the game just have a stage or something, but I'm pretty sure we're not getting a Minecraft stage without Steve, so oh well.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
100-51

Arle Nadja x80
Boss: Kracko x65
Grovyle x60
Rhythm Girl x60
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x60

50-25

Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x45
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x45
Nero Claudius (Fate) x45
Kat & Ana x45
Concept: CGI trailers for newcomers (barring Piranha Plant) x42
Lora (Xenoblade) x40
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x40
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x40
Mach Rider x40
Concept: More DLC x35
Reaper (Overwatch) x35
Professor Hector x32
Impa x27
Concept: All DLC will be first-party x25
9-Volt x25

Under 25

Thrall (Warcraft) x20
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x20
Reimu Hakurei x20
Creeper x17
Hollow Knight x15
Papyrus x15
Frisk x10
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei rep x10
Andy (Advance Wars) x10
Ninten x8
Decidueye x5
Blacephalon x5
Hector (Fire Emblem) x5
Concept: Bethesda rep x5
Lizalfos x3
Toon Zelda x3

Rhythm Girl and All third-party DLC cross 50 noms.

Impa and 9-Volt leave the under 25 club.

FancySmash FancySmash Meowth is a Pokéball Pokémon, so we can’t rate him.

@zferolie You managed to give out noms for two characters already in the schedule.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja You only get five nominations per day.
Ah, I guess the alolan variant of Meowth won't fare any better. Alright, I'll just continue supporting Prof. Hector with my nominations. Thanks for the heads up.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Steve:
Chance:50: Like I said with Banjo, it's a coin flip. If Nintendo want older fans apeeal, they'll go Banjo. If Nintendo wants Casuals, they'll go Steve
Want:0: which is why I don't want him. I want Nintendo to leave the 'casual craze' they started with the Wii. Steve would show that Nintendo doesn't care about it's core fans instead they would rather make a quick buck.
Nominations:
Hollow Knight x5

Last edited:

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Steve

Chance: 50%
I personally think that Steve has a decent shot as a DLC in Smash. Minecraft is highly popular among gamers and it's a no brainer that Nintendo might go for him instead of Banjo, who only appeals to the older generation of fans. That said, though, it can go either way and it really depends whether Nintendo aims for the fan service (Banjo-Kazooie) or the money (Steve).

I like Minecraft and all, but there's just one reason I don't want Steve in Smash: he would not fit in Smash at all. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the appeal of Steve being in Smash Bros at all. I would rather have Banjo & Kazooie be in Smash than him.

Nominations:
3rd Party Character from an unrepped company x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?
Chance: 75%
Unfortunately, it seems pretty likely. Vergeben says there's Minecraft content and that probably means we're getting a character. Minecraft is a massive success, so it makes sense. The only thing keeping me from rating him higher is the fact that the guy who said he is definitely in was wrong about Katalina.
I'm not gonna lie and say he doesn't deserve it, but I still don't think he should be playable. His only reason for getting in would be "his game sold a lot." He would also prevent Banjo from getting in.
I hope the "Minecraft content" just ends up being a Mii costume, but it probably won't.

DQ prediction: 35% for both of them
Noms: Stages outside fighter pass x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Scores will be up probably tomorrow.

Today I want to do something special for thanksgiving? What are you thankful for with smash? What are some of your memories you are thankful for?

In this friendly season, you still will get noms.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
For Smash Bros... I am thankful that Arle stands a chance. On a serious note, I can't be any more grateful for King K. Rool's inclusion, closing the chapter that opened up 5 years ago.

For Smash Memories... I am thankful for all the times I played with my friends and siblings when I was young. While I scarcely remember those days, and we didn't even unlock half the roster, it was still fun.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x 10.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
For Smash Ultimate: I'm thankful that both Ridley and K Rool are playable. I've supported both for years and it's still kind of surreal to see them both in all their Smash Ultimate glory.

For Memories: I'm thankful of all the times I've played with my friends over the years. I remember days when we would stay over each other's houses, turn on Brawl, and play all night.

Noms: Hollow Knight x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Happy Thanksgiving!

For things in Ultimate that I'm especially thankful for:
  • Every single character being in Ultimate (specifically Dr. Mario and Young Link who I thought wouldn't make it).
  • Isabelle finally becoming playable.
  • Big Blue, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, and Fountain of Dreams returning.
For Smash memories, definitely all the times I got to play Smash locally with my friends. Whenever I was with friends we would play nothing but Melee or Brawl. Granted I can still play with them via online but there was something special about meeting up in person to play.

Nominations: Kat & Ana x5

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm thankful for everything. They put so much effort into this game and there's still more to enjoy. Smash is the game series that keeps on giving. Even if some of my most wanted didn't get in, I'm happy that we have what we have.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
I'm thankful for Smash Ultimate for bringing some of my favorite veterans (Snake and Ice Climbers) and newcomers (Ken, Simon and Incineroar) in the game.

As for memories, I can never forget that one time where me and my friends were playing Melee in my house. It was really fun to play with friends and I can never forget that one because it was really such an epic battle.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x10

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm thankful that Smash Ultimate has an Adventure Mode in it. That was probably my top hope for this game (other than Geno, of course) and I'm so glad that this game has some engaging, replayable singleplayer content, which already puts it above Smash 4.

My favorite Smash Bros. memory is Brawl. Nothing particular from it, just Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm thankful that Everyone is Here, including a lot of my favorites. :ultmarth::ultlittlemac::ultmewtwo::ultmario::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultrob:.
I'm thankful that Marth finally got his English voice in Smash, as I love Yuri Lowenthal's Marth.
I'm thankful that the remixes, as a whole, seem better this time than they were in Smash 4.
I'm thankful that, despite not being playable, characters like Waluigi, Starfy, and Tiki made it in as Assist Trophies.
I'm thankful that Shovel Knight became the Little Indie That Could.
I'm thankful that Assist Trophies introduced me to Vince, who is precious and pure and my son now.
I'm thankful that Arena Ferox and Unova Pokémon League returned in full HD glory.
I'm thankful that there's a Hazard Toggle.
I'm thankful that boss battles are back.
I'm thankful that Xander Mobus is the announcer again.
I'm thankful that characters like Henry Fleming, Minerva, and MERRIC got in as spirits.
I'm thankful that Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. got a remix.
I'm thankful that we have an Adventure Mode again.
I'm thankful that Inklings were used to announce the game itself.
I'm thankful that Ridley had the best tag line pun.
I'm thankful that Castlevania, a legendary franchise, got a ton of love and two characters, one of whom is my boy Simon.
I'm thankful that they didn't use redhead Simon.
I'm thankful that King K. Rool came aboard and looks incredibly fun, and that he brought that Gangplank Galleon remix.
I'm thankful that Isabelle, a bonafide Nintendo All-Star, made it in as more than just an echo fighter.
I'm thankful that Ken is brimming with personality and looks better than he does in recent Street Fighter games.
I'm thankful that Incineroar looks amazing, even as a Decidueye supporter, and that he poses.
I'm thankful that Piranha Plant gave us someone who fights like a living jack-in-the-box, more or less.

And most of all...

I'm thankful that my favorite video game character defied his fate, got his chance, and proved once and for all that Anything Can Change. Welcome home, Chrom. Welcome home. :ultchrom:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Brawl got me into gaming. Seeing all the different characters interact in cutscenes showed me the variety and personality that gaming can provide. Looking at the characters’ bios on their trophies, and Chronicle, taught me that games had history, and Masterpieces even let me have a glimpse of it. And it was Smash that introduced me to Earthbound, my favorite game of all time. I’ll never not be grateful for it.

As for Ultimate, I got quite a bit to be grateful about. I’m grateful for Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, the King himself, Isabelle and Ken (who doesn’t look ugly this time). I’m thankful that they decided to give the idea of a single-player story mode another go, here’s hoping it’s here to stay. And I’m thankful that Spirits, at least in concept, seem to be designed to give almost anyone the possibility to, at least in some way, see their favorite character and how the Smash team best envisioned them (personally, I want to see what they do for Kyle Hyde).

And also, thanks for the nominations! Mach RiderX5 for me, heh.

Nominations list coming up.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm thankful that Greninja made it into 4. I'm thankful that Snake and Squirtle returned. I am thankful that there is an adventure mode. Nominations:
Boss: Perfect Chaos x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
100-51

Arle Nadja x90
Boss: Kracko x70
Rhythm Girl x70
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x70
Grovyle x60
Kat & Ana x55

50-25

Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x50
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x50
Nero Claudius (Fate) x50
Concept: CGI trailers for newcomers (barring Piranha Plant) x47
Lora (Xenoblade) x45
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x45
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x45
Mach Rider x45
Concept: More DLC x40
Reaper (Overwatch) x40
Professor Hector x34
Impa x27
Concept: All DLC will be first-party x25
9-Volt x25
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x25
Reimu Hakurei x25

Under 25

Thrall (Warcraft) x20
Creeper x19
Hollow Knight x20
Papyrus x15
Frisk x10
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei rep x10
Andy (Advance Wars) x10
Ninten x10
Decidueye x10
Blacephalon x5
Hector (Fire Emblem) x5
Concept: Bethesda rep x5
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3

Kat & Ana cut through 50 noms.

Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter and Reimu Hakurei get past 25 noms.

Today’s sole newcomers are Pyra & Mythra with 5 nominations.

waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi Your nominations were counted.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I'm thankful for the return of everyone. Nothing will ever get me as hyped as I was for EVERYONE IS HERE! That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Every Smash fighter now all in one game, its magical. I'm also thankful for all the newcomers they have a lot of love put into them. And you know what, I'm gonna do the unexpected and say these 2 things....

I'm thankful Bandana Dee is a spirit, he was absent from Smash 4 completley so it is nice to see him recognised. And I'm thankful for Isaac's AT returning, it shows somebody is listening and it is nice to see him in HD at least.

Also 103 stages, yea that is something I am VERY thankful for.

And World of Light.

And the new Classic Mode.

And....

EVERYTHING ELSE!

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x10

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
What am I thankful for?

Well, for one, I'm thankful that Smash Ultimate is coming out in December.
I'm also thankful for everyone returning,
Inkling and Ridley,
Simon and Richter,
That others were happy about King K. Rool, even if I don't care myself,
Ken and Chrom,
Stage Hazard toggles,
The rolling nerfs,
Fast Monado Art switching,
Shovel Knight making it in at all,
Sprits mode,
And, of course, World of Light.

Nominations
Lora x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm thankful that we're only two weeks away from a new smash bros game. That still sorta blows my mind. Just a year ago people were just expecting a port of 4, with the Inklings, Ice Climbers, and maybe a few more characters. But no, we got a new smash game with every cut veteran back, 6 unique characters, and many new clones.

Nominations: Grovyle x10 (Did I really forget to nominate yesterday? Shame.)

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Being Thankful. No room for salt.

I am thankful for First Buying Brawl and finding out about the series and many of the characters in it.
I am thankful that EVERYONE IS HERE, closing the gap between the past and the present.
I am thankful for Richter, K.Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus, who managed to be a surprise when most of the other newcomers were ruined by Vergeben.
I am thankful for Ridley and King K. Rool, because It's good to know that there are others who did get their most wanted, even if I didn't care for them.
I am thankful for Chrom, who finally got his chance.
I am thankful for Daisy, who the Mario roster wouldn't feel complete without.
I am thankful for Echo Fighters in general, since they made clones go from "unnecessary additions" to "easy new fighters" as Sakurai intended for them to be.
I am thankful for Little Mac and Mii Fighters, who I wanted in Smash 4.
I am especially thankful for Rosalina, since I really wanted her in and was so sure she wouldn't get into Smash 4, but Sakurai gave me the biggest shock when she did get in.
I am also especially thankful for Inkling and her reveal, since it caught everyone off guard thinking that Smash wouldn't be revealed outside of E3, and the Smash Bros roster felt empty without Inkling.
I am thankful that such a big crossover with so many characters exists.
I am thankful for the sheer amount of content that is this game, such as how few other games will even go to add
I am thankful for Sakurai, since he poured years of his life into this series, despite the many problems he had while doing it.
I am thankful for more than that, including but not limited to the fact that we took a step back to acknowledge what we do have in this game, as opposed to what we don't.

Chance: 100%. I already did it. You can't get a better chance score than that.

Want: 100%. As I said, it's good to take a step back and be thankful for what you do have in Smash Bros, as opposed to fantasizing having what you don't all the time. I know that applies to everything, but it's especially true with Smash, since Newcomer Speculation is such a big part of the community.

Nomination: No Fan Favorites x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I am thankful for EVERYONE IS HERE! but especially the returns of :ultmewtwo::ultrobin::ultwolf::ultlucario::ulticeclimbers:. They were all fun in their respective games, so I am happy to see them back. It's wonderful that nobody lost their favorites in this game. Even though there are some characters who I personally don't care about, having everyone back is a dream come true.

I am thankful that :ultzelda::ultganondorf: actually don't look like bottom tier trash. Even as a casual who doesn't care about tiers, old man Dorf was antithetical to his portrayal in the games, and Din's Fire not putting my queen in free fall is amazing.

I am thankful that :ultyounglink: allows me to still have a left-handed Link that isn't that cartoon thing.

I am thankful for many of my favorite stages returning, including Kongo Falls, Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Temple, Brinstar, Melee Yoshi's Island, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium, Mushroom Kingdom II, Fourside, Mushroomy Kingdom, WarioWare, Bridge of Eldin, Castle Siege, Summit, Pirate Ship, Spear Pillar, Green Hill Zone, Gerudo Valley, Kalos Pokémon League, and Super Mario Maker. They all look beautiful in HD.

I am thankful for the beautiful new Great Plateau stage, and the glorious tracks that can play on it.

I am incredibly thankful for :ultridley: and :ultkrool:'s big debuts. They both felt necessary after Sm4sh, and both have incredible kits and look amazing.

I am thankful for the additions of :ultdaisy::ultisabelle:. Both look like so much fun to play.

But above all, I am thankful for the glorious return of :ultpokemontrainer:. The Avengers have been reassembled, and my boys can come back to Smash after 10 years. It may have hyped me to see the return of so many favorites, and the introduction of Daisy and Ridley, but it was Squirtle who kept me from sleeping that night.

Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!

Nom: more DLC x5

StormC

Smash Hero
I’m eternally grateful Sakurai corrected the two biggest issues with the Smash 4 roster, while also bringing back every veteran, even the difficult ones like Snake and Cloud. Ultimate brings a sense of closure to Smash speculation that I desperately needed after Smash 4. I’m especially glad he and Nintendo created the ballot because otherwise my most wanted would have never gotten in. Hell, without Sakurai it’s very possible K. Rool would fall into oblivion forever. I will never forget that.

I’m thankful for all the fun and memories I’ve made over the last 20 years, playing, speculating, learning. Smash has taught me a lot about Nintendo’s history as well as other games. If it wasn’t for Brawl I wouldn’t have discovered my all time favorite game in Metal Gear Solid and the fantastic series it belongs to.

I’m glad that despite five games and all the controversy that surrounds certain creative choices in Smash, Sakurai continues to give it his all every game, while also taking in player feedback when appropriate. I’m also thankful to Iwata for giving this series a chance with Sakurai - it will be a sad day when he is no longer steering the ship.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A very fun and interesting character list. 5 unique(Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon, Incineroar, Inkling), 1 semi(Isabelle), 5 Echo(Ken, Dark Samus, Chrom, Daisy, Richter), and 1 unique DLC so far. 12 all new.

I'm quite satisfied with the roster. Could it have more options? Yeah. Of course.

I also was happy to hear we're getting a variation of Race to the Finish back among people talking about Classic.

Sakurai worked very hard. He knew the issues with that many models made it harder to work with. Spirits are also a more interesting version of Brawl's stickers. I do miss Custom equipment/moves, but that's just how it is.

I only wish the composer of the various Final Fantasy songs wasn't so stingy. Though Square didn't give much FF content either, but there could be more that we know. Maybe they wanted to push stuff that wasn't even coming out soon for the Switch, so they couldn't come to an agreement. Spirits of characters from VI, IX, X, and X-2 would've made a lot of sense. Ironically, Ifrit is based upon his VIII design among the Midgar summons. Which makes it about the only VIII content to come to Nintendo outside of Kingdom Hearts stuff.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, Thanksgiving.

What I'm thankful for is the wonderful community I get to be a part of with this game. Waiting, speculating, laughing, crying all the while we inch ever closer to the release of the game. I can't wait to play with all of you wonderful folks once Ultimate hits. ^^

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
In smash, I’m thankful for My main Little Mac being buffed, and Piranha Plant.

Noms:9-volt x4, Concept:Custom final smashes x1
Edit:If we get ten noms, then Season 2 dlc x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm thankful my girlfriend not only tolerates my Toad obsession but actively encourages it.

I'm thankful for the Luigi cosplayer I had a really awesome Sm4sh game against at the convention I attended over the weekend. That was the highlight of the whole thing.

I'm thankful I met my best friends in the whole world through Smash Bros. 64 and Melee over 15 years ago. I can't imagine life without any of them and still enjoy meeting up for monthly Smashfests to this day.

I'm thankful for non traditional fighters like Isabelle, Piranha Plant, Duck Hunt Dog, Pichu, etc that stopped the game being just full of typical badasses.

I'm thankful for Sakurai for the way he treated Chrom in Sm4sh which in turn made me into a fan of him, giving him a more flattering second look through Awakening, Warriors and now Smash.

I'm thankful for Chrom for being the first moveset character to become their own fighter AND stay a move.

I'm thankful for Chrom for breaking the tradition of pulling Fire Emblem characters just from the last game.

I'm thankful for Sakurai's interpretation of Yoshi making me become a fan of his. I'm thankful my friends hadn't unlocked Luigi at the time or I may never have become such a big Yoshi fan.

I'm thankful for Piranha Plant's reveal for making me laugh out loud in a coffee shop during a time where Smash was looking a little dehype and for being a genuine shock and surprise and a total elation. Speculation had become stale.

I'm thankful for Isabelle destroying the 'Ballot only' train that had me dreading the roster.

I'm thankful for Sakurai's take on Bowser Jr. I've never liked the Paintbrush and I loved the Koopalings. Perfection.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm thankful for the fact that there's literally only 1 character not in Smash that I think the game needs. I'm thankful for Ultimate looking like it's gonna be the greatest fighting game ever made. I'm thankful for the fact that I get to play it at midnight on release day. :)

Nominating Rhythm girl x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm thankful for Zelda being based on ALttP rather than BotW, for Lucas returning, for King K. Rool being brought back to life, for Shadow not being relegated to echo status, and for Classic being innovated in a seriously good way.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x10

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’m feeling generous today. On this holiday.

All noms are at x 10. Assume any x 5 posts today are x 10 if not edited GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 .

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I'm simply thankful for everything Sakurai and the devs have done with Smash for nearly twenty years, I've enjoyed every installment in the series and it has brought so much happiness in my life. I'll say it once again thank you Sakurai!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I can't remember how old I was when I first played Melee, but I couldn't have been any older than 7 years. My brother and I rented that game countless times from Blockbuster before our uncle finally got it for us for Christmas. As a child who was only familiar with Mario and Pokemon, playing Melee was practically diving head-first into Nintendo history. Every new character was an amazing experience to behold.

Outside of the game itself, I made great memories with friends and family playing Melee. Not only that, but as I got older, and new installments came out, I made friends based on our shared love of Smash. Through the gameplay and the representation of Nintendo's rich history, Smash truly shaped a prominent part of who I am.

My outlook on life might have changed since I was a tiny child, but Smash is a constant. And I honestly can't think of something to say I'm grateful for from Ultimate, because honestly, the entire game is looking amazing.

I spent a lot of time talking to friends about what I considered missteps in Smash 4's development, and then I ended up sinking 700+ hours into it, an amount of time probably only rivaled by Melee itself. So I can only imagine how much time I'll waste on a Smash game with:
- Over 100 stages
- Ridley FINALLY
- Every veteran fighter
- K. Rool and Isabelle
- An Adventure Mode that focuses on collecting Nintendo characters from all around The Big N's history.

There's very little else I could've asked for. This is the game I wanted Smash 4 to be. Simply put, it's amazing.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I am thankful for everyone being included in the base roster.(Except Waluigi)
I am thankful for Bayonetta getting massively nerfed.
I am thankful for:ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultincineroar: and
:ultpiranha:making into the game.

I am thankful for all of the online improvements made to make battles less laggy and more fun.

And most importantly, I am thankful for all of the hard work Sakurai and his team put into making the best Super Smash Brothers game the world has ever seen.

As for memories, I got my start playing Brawl back in 7th grade at the "Teen Night" event at my school. I tried it out, (and sucked) and loved it. My first character was Kirby, and I still play him to this day. I later bought Brawl and tried out both Melee and 64, and later bought both versions of Smash 4. Smash has helped me through the difficult times of my life, and as of now, it's still very difficult. So I'm hoping that Smash Ultimate will be the most fun distraction I will ever have for the next few months until life gets easier.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone and a reminder that this is how I feel after dinner.

Nominations: Reaper x10

Last edited:

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I am thankful for :ultcorrin: and :ultpiranha:. These characters are not requested but they are here. I am also thankful for the hazard toggle. I had fond memories of :ultcorrin:'s reveal reveal trailer, and using counter surge. Dragon :ultcorrin: is best Corrin.

Top Bottom