• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Eagle Guard

Chance: 15%. Some people are really overestimating her. Sakurai said no to Rex because he's too recent, would a character that's game hasn't even released really fare better? I'm rating her higher than Melmetal because Nintendo may think 3H needs the marketing push more than Let's GO, plus having a little more moveset potential. They could even possibly add Hector and throw in Edlegard as a bonus echo.

Want: Abstain. The game isn't even out yet.

Nominations: Grovyle (PMD) x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Edgelord
Chance:
20%
While I'd like to think that Nintendo learned from their mistake with Corrin, there's still a chance that they didn't. Considering Rex's exclusion, DLC might not be as recency driven aas we think, but Fire Emblem always somehow finds a way. There's also the possibility of us getting some other FE character, but who knows.
Want: 0%
I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point, but Fire Emblem doesn't need any more characters, it has enough.
Seriously, can anyone think of an actual reason she should be in besides "she's from the newest Fire Emblem game"?

Dixie Kong prediction: 40%
Noms: DLC Stages outside of Fighter Pass x5

Predictions:

Steve? 80%
We're rating Dixie Kong tomorrow, not Steve.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Rex’s Mii Costume will come with the Fighter pass, so that’s probably because it won’t be redundant and they’re not adding Fighter Rex.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I don't think this quite dooms Three Houses, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion, Gen 8, or Pikmin 4 promotional picks. It's possible Rex was too late for base game but also too old for DLC. Him and Springman came out at a bad time by the looks of it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Edelgard:
Chance: 4%
It's probably way too early for any sort of Gen VIII or Three Houses representation, if Rex is just a Mii Costume. That said, if there were to be a promotional Fire Emblem character, she'd probably have the best shot (depending on if she's the protagonist or if this Byleth character is going to be another Avatar), thanks to having a variety of weapons at her disposal, including axes.

Gonna be honest - Nothing about Fire Emblem: Three Houses has me super hyped at all. Maybe it's because I'm worried it might end up repeating the same pitfalls that Fates had, but something doesn't sit right with me about it now. Pushing for Edelgard to appear in Smash doesn't help it at all, and I'm a fan of Fire Emblem. If I had to add a new Fire Emblem character, I'd push for either Hector using Armads so we've more weapon diversity, or Lyn being promoted with a fast and speedy bow and katana moveset.

Dixie Kong Prediction: 50%

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Edelgard von Hgflslgsjebjlalv

Chances: 20% - Part of me really hopes we won't be getting another promotional character as DLC (especially another one from Fire Emblem) since Sakurai himself has commented on the overabundance of FE fighters. I previously thought it'd be extremely unlikely to see another FE character, but now knowing that Nintendo higher-ups have some control over who's chosen for DLC, I can see them doing it anyway regardless of what was said in the past.

Want: 0% - I just want characters who've earned their place in Smash, not characters that no one knows anything about yet. Everyone points to her design or her assumed weapon of choice as indicators of uniqueness, and while I agree that she at least looks decent in these areas, that's not enough to warrant a spot on the roster. I also don't think that Fire Emblem should somehow get priority just because they keep cranking out more entries in the series.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
At least you don't have to deal with people actively wanting (only) Male WFT cut cause he confuses insecure guys. That's our biggest sexist offense in the Smash fandom that makes using the M/F acronym for Villager, WFT, Corrin, Robin, or Inkling rather small in comparison since that's more a matter of which that person personally uses.
Thanks for this completely irrelevant and unnecessary response.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Thanks for this completely irrelevant and unnecessary response.
You were offended about the poster referring to Robin with male terms and even brought Corrin into the conversation as well as being even worse to be called or considered male. You brought gender politics into this, don't be mad I brought it up for a gender swap that literally has people screeching and acting out.

Look at the 2nd and 3rd posting and responses. I haven't seen female Corrin or Robin get those type of comments for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvHnDVAU9kI

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Everyone shut up. Not taking a side but this is getting toxic. Everyone involved stop.

So tonight’s update, it has been delayed. I had a personal matter to attend to. Everything is fine though. But yeah, scores will be out tomorrow. Sorry.

Rate Dixie, predict Bandana Dee. Scores and updates will be on tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience .

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
DIDDY'S GIRLFRIEND
Chance: 35%
Want: 50%

I've seen Dixie Kong requested quite a bit, along with King K Rool, and the latter made it in. I was always on K Rool's side because he would've made a much better fighter, but I'm OK with Dixie Kong. She never interested me too much, which is why she is at 50%, but she would make an OK addition to the roster without causing any outrage. She would work as a semiclone of Diddy Kong, and would use her hair as a whip and a recovery, similar to Shantae. (If she ever made it in.) The Rocketbarrel Pack and Peanut Popgun would probably get replaced. I'm indifferent, but if Dixie Kong got in, I wouldn't be mad. Also Sakurai stated that no echo characters will be DLC, and Dixie bypasses this rule by being a semiclone.

Predictions: Bandana Dee: 85%

Nominations: Reaper x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Dixie

Chance: 25%
She is pretty popular and a lot of her first party competition has been eliminated. I’m still not confident enough to say she is a lock though.

Want: 90%
Dixie is easily my favorite Donkey Kong character so I would love to see her playable. My only hope is that she doesn’t play too similar to Diddy should she ever get. She deserves much more than to be a simple clone.

Bandana Dee chance prediction: 45%

Nominations: Kat & Ana x5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Chance: Abstain
I just don't know anymore. If a new DK game gets announced soon and she's in it, then sure, but until then, I don't know what to think.

Want: 100%
My most-wanted since Lucina. And she won't be a clone.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Second Banana to the Second Banana
Chance: 15%
Dixie's situation is... interesting. On one hand, she is one of the most major first-party picks left, has been previously considered by Sakurai (remember the Forbidden 7 in Brawl?), and has been a reasonably popular request in recent years. However, Sakurai deconfirming Echo Fighters for DLC is a bit of an oof for her since her best chance was as a Diddy Echo whether we like it or not, and she's never really been the frontrunner for the hypothetical DK spot - she was overshadowed by K. Rool during Smash 4 and Ultimate speculation, and by him and Diddy before that - and whether DK's even up for another newcomer right after getting K. Rool is a whole other question entirely. I suppose she has the recency to at least be up for consideration, but... I dunno, she just doesn't feel like she'd have the "oomph" to really get people excited, in my opinion. When we're looking at sidekicks of sidekicks, we're getting a bit far down the line of characters no matter what series we're talking about. Right now, I'll chalk it up to "it's possible" in terms of chances.

Want: Abstain
I like the DKC games well enough, but I've only ever played one game with Dixie in it and she hasn't really made an impression on me as a character, not to mention her moveset potential as a non-Echo really doesn't interest me. She'd be a very "meh" pick in my eyes, about as much as Ken in that regard.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong

Chance: 5%
I doubt her chances. Her best shot was as a Diddy Echo, but that's not happening, so she would have to come as a unique fighter. Considering we already got K. Rool, I doubt we'll get another DK rep.
I'll be honest, I don't care at all for any DK character. I didn't care for K. Rool, I don't care for Dixie. I want a more interesting fighter than just Diddy with hair as a DLC character, especially since A. I never liked Diddy Kong in the first place, and B. we have only 5 spots left for characters.

Nominations
Lora x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dang, missed Edelgard. I'll just leave this here...

Chance - 10% - Due to lateness, I don't think she will make it. Combine with Fire Emblem fatigue and wariness on new things, I don't see it happening. Also because she isn't the main character, unless she truly is important enough to be Robin, I don't think she has much chance... Still, promotion is there.

Want - 20% - When can I have my Anna? That's all that I care about.

Dixie Kong

Chance - 20% - I think most of the newcomers will be completely unique, as they feel like you get more out of your money that way. The only semi-clones who got win via DLC were veterans, and she's not that. As a result, while she might be an easy to make character to please her own fans, it won't turn the heads of people who aren't interested in who they are in the first place, and that I think matters a bit more.

Want - 45% - I'm mostly whatever on her. I would rather someone more unique get in, but I understand she has her fans, so eh.

Prediction

Bandanna Dee - 82.45% - If any first party can get in, it's him.

Nominations

Arle Nadja X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Under 25

Arle Nadja x15
Grovyle x10
Rhythm Girl x10
Concept: CGI trailers for newcomers (barring Piranha Plant) x10
Reaper (Overwatch) x10
Boss: Kracko x10
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x10
Concept: All DLC will be first-party x10
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x10
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x10
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5
Concept: More DLC x5
9-Volt x5
Kat & Ana x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei rep x5
Lora (Xenoblade) x5
Thrall x5
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x5
Decidueye x5
Blacephalon x5
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped company x5
Impa x5
Creeper x3
Lizalfos x2

Newcomers for today are... *long breath* Kat & Ana, Lora, Thrall, Decidueye, Blacephalon, Nero Claudius, Impa, Creeper, and Lizalfos (5 nominations each), and the concepts: Shin Megami Tensei rep, No fan favorites, Character from unrepped third-party company (5 noms each), and All DLC will be third-party (10 noms).

Whew...

I removed the Concept: Surprise Echo Fighter, since a similar one is on the schedule.

Also, TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom who’s Thrall? Would Google but I’m afraid all I’ll get is the Star Wars character.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well I didn't expect her to be used twice for this...

Chance 25% She has a shot since she has survived from being disconfirmed but there's still plenty of options that Nintendo has so it's up in the air, at least the fear of her being an echo is something that won't happen and she's has plenty of potential to be unique with her ponytail.

Want 1000% Pretty much the only character I'm asking for, she's honestly the one piece of the puzzle that would have me 100% satisfied with the roster(even though I do really love the roster already) I truly pray that she can make it with all my heart.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Dixie Kong

Chance: 42%
I think Dixie has a decent shot of being playable. She's popular and could easily be made using some assets or concepts borrowed from Diddy while possibly making her a unique character in her own way, like they did with Isabelle and Wolf. She's also got relevancy on her side thanks to Tropical Freeze, so that could put her in the running if they wanted to promote future Donkey Kong games.

Want: 75%
I'm pretty satisfied with the DK representation we've gotten so far; Donkey Kong and Diddy joined by King K. Rool... But Dixie Kong being included either as her own character or a semi-clone would be fine by me. She'd nicely wrap up the amount of representation for the DK series, so I think it's worth having her in the roster as a playable character.

Bandanna Dee Predeection: 78%

Nominations: Rayman X5 (have we rated Rayman before?)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Girl with the Whirl

Chance (DLC pack 1): 1%
Chance (More DLC): 25%
Want: 20%

Long story short - if spirits disconfirm characters, she’s out. And I’m of the opinion that the pack has already been decided so they won’t put spirits of the characters who are gonna be DLC.

Otherwise, she has all the markings of ‘really likely,’ especially after Dark Samus got in. She’s even hitting that nebulous relevancy argument since Tropical Freeze rereleased. It’s actually questionable that she did get excluded.

Of course, there’s the ever present argument of echo potential. Could she? They could make it work. Should she? Probably not. But that didn’t stop Daisy from floating or DSamus from losing her phazon abilities.

The only way I could see Dixie getting in would be if there is more DLC coming. DK could definitely use another stage, so that pack would be fun, but to me... my attachment to the DK series begins and ends with DK64, so I don’t really know Dixie. Now Tiny (her old design is better in every way), Lanky, or Chunky? Now we’re talking.

Also, if we’re gonna talk characters that could work as echoes who should use their (pony)tails to fly but would work with the basic moveset of the parent...I want Miles Prower in.

As a sidenote - I’m **** at predicting things. Before E3, I thought Takamaru was the single most likely character. Before the August direct, I thought Ashley was a lock. Before November, Dixie was 100% the most likely character. Evidently I’m really good at predicting things. So on that note, apologies to the Steve supporters: I put him as my most likely for DLC, so I guess that means he’s out.

Pre-Dee-ction: 32.5%
Nom: Extra DLC characters x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Dixie Kong

Chance: 5. I believe Vergeben when he says that spirits will not be DLC. Not going the full 0 because there's a chance he's wrong, but he hasn't been yet

Want: 25: Would have been a better base roster character in my opinion. I'm not sure I'd really be all that hyped over her personally, but I'm sure others would be so it wouldn't be the worst plan of action

Noms
Gen 8 Pokemon x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
The Superior Tiny Kong

Chance: 10%
To be honest, this really depends on how Sakurai perceives Dixie Kong. Does he see her as just a Diddy clone? Or does he see more in her? If he it's the former, she has no chance whatsoever, since there will be no more echoes. If he recognizes more to her, than she's got slightly better odds. Heck, she could bring Jungle Hijinx from Smash 4 back with her should she get in. That said, considering we just got King K. Rool, that's already an amazing accomplishment for the DK series. The king really did overshadow her...

Yeah, Dixie's alright. I recognize her stardom from the DK series, and I reall dislike that she's been screwed since Brawl (when Diddy almost became the second Ice Climbers). That said, K. Rool was my preferred of the two. No offense to Dixie fans, but bringing back DK's Bowser felt like priority number one to me. If she gets in, cool. If not, eh, there's always next game I guess.

Pre-Deection - Oof, should I be worried for my little star ally? I'll say... 47%. He's probably the best looking of the first party characters, outside of promotional material.

x5 Professor Hector

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong

While I still believe that being a Spirit does not deconfirm characters, I don't think they'll let Dixie in Smash unless they make her a Semi-clone, which apparently counts as a unique character and thus not considered an Echo Fighter. Still, she's pretty popular nowadays so I can see why many people wanted her, but I'm still not sure whether Dixie will make it or not, since DLC is mostly about promoting games and stuff.

She would have been perfect for the base roster, but that didn't happen so...DLC is where she tries to get in. But even then, there are other first-paty characters that I want as DLC more than Dixie.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dixie Kong

She has a good shot of getting included, although I agree with CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica that they probably excluded the planned DLC from becoming Spirits (and while I’m at it, I’d like to thank him for jinxing Steve)

Even beyond that, I think the DLC format doesn’t benefit her. I mean, I guess they could always pick a stage from Tropical Freeze and add whatever DK songs aren’t already in the game, but that doesn’t really scream like a new bold addition that would justify a purchase. I’m expecting new franchises, or, barring that, something from a new universe (think Xenoblade X, but not specifically that because I don’t think Elma or Cross are getting in either).

She’s iconic. She’s Important. She’s relevant. She’s wanted. She’s got the moves. Why the **** isn’t she in yet?

Noms: Mach Rider x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Nominations: Rayman X5 (have we rated Rayman before?)
Yes, we have indeed, and Rayman is currently on the list of upcoming characters to be rated, sitting at Day #194
188: Melmetal
189: Edelgard
190: Dixie Kong
191: Bandana Dee
192: Rex (& Pyra?)
193: Geno
194: Rayman
195: Banjo & Kazooie
196: Steve
197: Erdrick and Slime
198: Sora
199: Sans
200: Surprise :p
201: Shantae
202: Crash Bandicoot
203: Doomguy
204: Travis Touchdown
205: Dovakhiin
206: Celica
207: Lycanroc
208: Chibi Robo
209: Lip (Panel de Pon)
210: Ray MK III (Custom Robo)
211: Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
212: Paper Mario (Mario)
213: Captain Toad and Toad (Mario)
214: Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
215: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
216: Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch)
218: Lloyd Irving (Tales)
219: Heihachi (Tekken)
220: Leon Scott Kennedy (Resident Evil)
221: Character Alternate Costume as DLC
222: Barbara the Bat (Daigasso)
223: The Prince (Katamari)
224: Chorus Kids and Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
225: Xurkitree (Pokemon)
226: Joker (Persona 5)
227: Master Chief (HALO)
228: 2B (NieR Automata)
229: Merric (Fire Emblem)
230: Quote (Cave Story)
231: Katalina (Granblue)
232: Tails Prower (Sonic)
233: Elma (Xenoblade)
234: Concept: Echo Fighter DLC (Not one of five in fighter pass)
235: Demille (Tomato Adventure)
236: Micaiah (Fire Emblem)
Figured I'd requote the list so it is relevant to those who haven't yet seen it. Starting at Lip, I also included the series that every character was from even if it was obvious to begin with. I personally believe we could throw in a few more double days, but ah well...

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Chance: 25%
Spirits deconfirm fighters imo so that automatically will make me rate fighters who are spirits (or assists and costumes) not higher than a 25%.

If she's getting in it'll have to be trough a way other than the fighter pass. If that kind of DLC will even happen is a debate of its own.
If she does get in I no longer see her being a Diddy echo. It would make no sense to me to not include her in the base game if she still was one, with us getting both Ridley and Dark Samus for Metroid but only K.Rool for DK.

Want: 85%
She deserves it at this point. She's one of the biggest first party characters from represented franchises still not playable. And a fighter who uses a guitar sounds fun to me.

My boi: 65.47%

CGI DLC trailerx barring Piranha Plant x5
Also, TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom who’s Thrall? Would Google but I’m afraid all I’ll get is the Star Wars character.
Warcraft character, owned by Blizzard.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dixie: 30%
In any other time, I'd have given her a 70-80% but given that the DLC is required to come with a stage and music OF said character, it's very unlikely that they have something associated with her.
Want: 70%
Yeah, she's... she's part of the trio. And she's got hair attacks. She cool, put her in.

Nom. SMT rep x5

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Dixie Kong

Chances - 35%
- Her chances of being DLC are pretty decent being as she is pretty much the biggest character that hasn't been in Smash that debuted in the 1990s. Though I fear that Nintendo might put in more recent characters and out-of-nowhere choices but we shall see. And still we have not seen much of Tropical Freeze content so maybe if she gets in we could get a Tropical Freeze stage. I don't think Spirits will deconfirm characters. Look at Smash 4 with Mewtwo and Lucas having trophies in the base but yet got the DLC nod later.

Want - 100%
- This is an absolute no-brainer. She was planned for Brawl and got scrapped. She has relevancy in Tropical Freeze and plus she is someone who people prefer her to use in the DKC games. Dixie is one of the earliest Nintendo heroines after Samus. She has been in 3 of the 5 DKC games. Dixie has potential to have a great moveset involving her hair. She is among my most wanted characters and it's appalling that Dixie still hasn't gotten in after all these years. Her confirmation would complete the main Donkey Kong Country cast in Smash.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 20%

A popular choices; probably one of these few characters that people would call "All-Stars" for being part of the name of some major franchise; and well, she appeared in several games (two of them as the main character)... I personally think Dixie's problems is a lot about the potential of her moveset and style... I mean; there is people that actually see Dixie as "Diddy with a drag" so... who knows what Sakurai thinks; another problems is the lack of stages associated with her and particularly likeable music from her main game, what a shame. The DLC format just don't benefit her at all. In a completely non.biased vision I would actually find easier to implement a Stage and Music from Radiant Dawn alone, for Micaiah.

Dixie is one of these characters I actually don't care that much; but I respect her fanbase.

Predictions:

Bandana Dee: 51.2% (This good boi is one of the only First-Party characters that isn't promotional stuff that we would not know about that actually has a legit shot in the DLC)

___

Nominations:

Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Dixie Kong

Chance: 10%

I really don't think she'll make it. Primary reason is that she's not really that profitable for DLC, i'll actually be surprised if there's a 1st party DLC character as Guests are the biggest DLC character draws. And she would be a semi-clone at best, and the fighters are likely to be unique.

Nominate Concept: All DLC are 3rd Party x5

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%
She seems to be one of the more likely Nintendo picks from what's possible and has been fairly requested over time. Unfortunately her biggest obstacle is K. Rool getting in the game without her, so it's questionable that the Smash team would go back to DKC for DLC (though not impossible). She has a lot of content from DKC to draw on from so she could be an easy unique or semi-unique, so I'm not worried in that regard.

Want: 96%
I wanted her above K. Rool, as she's from one my favorite games of all time, DKC2. She's always been easy to use in game and I like that. She should have been in Brawl (not with Diddy, though). I can only hope that they wouldn't make her boring or too similar to Diddy.

Dee prediction: 49%

Noms: Arle x 5

11th

Smash Apprentice
Shoot, I didn't know that this had started up again. I fell off last time I started rating, so let's give this another go.
Since we know more about the game and the DLC situation now, I'll try to give longer explanations when possible.

Dixie Kong (Re-rate) (Original Post)
Chance: 3.125% (1/32) (↓9.375%) - Base could have been her best chance, but it wasn't meant to be... While I don't like to claim that Spirits disconfirm characters because we won't know for sure until the game is released, the one that was shown would match her fighter design. It also doesn't represent a specific attack, form, or item, unlike the other equipable Spirits that were shown to feature fighters. Additionally, while we don't yet know which direction Nintendo went with their character picks, it's not clear if she's popular enough in their eyes to be able to support DLC sales. From a marketing perspective, she could be used to promote Tropical Freeze, but that will be a year-old port of a five-year-old game by the time we start seeing character announcements, and they could also believe that K. Rool already covers the DKC series... She's not impossible, but the odds do seem to be stacked against her right now.
Want: 40% (→0%) - Not much has changed. While it would be nice to have her on the roster some day, she's still not at the top of my priority list.

Skipping prediction and noms.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Kong with the ponytail
Chance: 20%
I feel like I’m being generous here, admittedly. As someone who believes the 5 sets are all we’re going to get, I would’ve rated her much higher if we didn’t get this model. I slowly started to believe she had no chance for the base roster since we already had K. Rool and she probably wouldn’t be an echo. With Nintendo proposing characters this time around I could see it happen, as she has the rerelease of Tropical Freeze backing her up. But she’s not the only one in this regard as Captain Toad, for example, has had his game ported as well. I can see a stage coming from Tropical Freeze, easily. And probably some songs as well that weren’t included already, so I don’t think these are roadblocks at all. But with me having several reasons to believe spirits could deconfirm characters, she’s not a character I’ll be expecting. I do think she’s in the top 5 most likely first parties, though.

Want: 25%
Not having played a single DK game aside from DK64’s multiplayer makes me pretty indifferent to her as a character I’d like to see, so I’d have to judge her how I think she’d play. A semi-clone of Diddy? I don’t even like playing as Diddy, admittedly. So I can’t say I’m excited for her. But I’ll amp up the want score as she is a recognizable face that I believe a decent amount of people would be happy with. But for me personally, can’t say I care about her.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Dixie chances: 15%

I really do feel Nintendo is gonna go 2 routes with the DLC either A. Relevant/New franchise advertisements or B. Lame try hard 3rd party picks. So no I dont think Dixie will make it.

Want: 90% I wanted to go 100 because Dixie is my 2nd favorite Kong behind DK himself but didnt go 100% because I dont want to feel ungrateful as Sakurai has added quite a few characters I wanted in the base roster.

Deserve? 200% Yeah a lot of you may not like Dixie because you dont play anything outside of Smash, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I get that. But for a mainstay Nintendo character that has appeared in 14 titles, starred in 2, part of Nintendos 5th best selling franchise, and has appeared in 2 of the BEST 2D platformers of ALL TIME (DKC2 and Tropical Freeze). You cant deny she deserves a spot. Yes she has the relevance and resume to back her up. Her along with Toad and Bandana Dee are the last 3 major Nintendo characters not added yet.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dixie Kong

Chance: 0.5%
I find it unlikely that any of the DLC characters will be from a series already represented in the game. I strongly believe they will be from mostly 3rd Party series or from brand new Nintendo games that they are going to promote.
You bet! I've been wanting her for years. She'd round out the the DK series quite nicely.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

I have a feeling that Dixie will not be one of the DLC Fighters in Smash for good reasons. First of all, Nintendo will most likely pick characters that have an upcoming game on the Switch for promotion purposes (it doesn't matter if it's 1st party or 3rd party). Second, King K Rool's inclusion ruins her chances of being in Smash in my opinion. Even if she is considered as DLC, they still have to make her either a semiclone of Diddy Kong or an entirely unique character for it to even qualify and make an entirely new stage to come along with it, which is no problem since they can just pick the ones from Tropical Freeze.

I gotta admit, I was expecting Dixie to be announced alongside King K. Rool, but it didn't happen. Still, that didn't stop me from wanting Dixie in Smash, despite her chances in DLC pretty low due to, once again, DLC being made for promotional characters or well known 3rd party characters.

Nominations:
3rd Party Character from an unrepped company x5

LYD

Smash Rookie
Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%
She’s one of the main first party characters that has yet to join smash and it seems pretty reasonable to add her. While I agree that she feels more like a “base roster character” it seems perfectly plausible that she was pushed to DLC to make room for K. Rool on the base roster. Donkey Kong is a popular series and she seems quite likely to be in—from my perspective—especially when Nintendo is making the picks this time around.

Want: 91%
Dixie Kong a really unique character and while I didn’t play DK games all that much she’s one of my most wanted newcomers. Between the uniqueness of attacking with her hair and the several attributes that set her apart from Diddy she’s really deserving of a spot in my opinion.

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Dixie Kong

Chance: 75%
Game needs more female characters and this one seems like an easy echo. One thing I liked about her in DKC2 and 3 was her pony tail whip that she could use to fly, pick up objects, and kill enemies. I could see this mechanic being really interesting in Smash.

Want: 60%
I'm on the fence. I never liked echos so much, so maybe if they made her more different than Diddy than I'm expecting than I would want her more.

Top Bottom