• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Amateratsu

Chance: 7%. Capcom already has 2 characters, with a 3rd very likely. And Okami as a series isn't exceedingly popular, so I can't see it happening in the base. Maybe DLC though?

Want: Abstain

Nominations: Cross Series Echoes x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Amertertsu
Does really seem like a big enough name, it has to compete with way more famous names and franchises, and we have such limited space. I guess it would kinda cool and a stage would look cool but I want other stuff more
Chance 3%
Want 10%

Nominate no more stages x5

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Amaterasu

Chance 20% Being as generous as I can.

From since 2006 Okami has been on nearly every gaming console while being rereleased every gaming generation since then. It has also been on Nintendo systems three times: Okami for the Wii, Okamiden exclusively for the DS, and Okami HD for the Nintendo Switch recently. The Wii version of Okami was one of the best implementations of the game, and (one of the best uses for the Wii motion controls), with the Switch version following/surpassing its footsteps. I feel that with Okami's decent Nintendo history, its unique art style, overall consistency in throughout the gaming generation since release, and the Switch version giving this timeless classic relevancy once again, that Amaterasu's best chance at getting into Smash is now.

However, just because this is her best chance at getting in, doesn't mean it's a high one. Sadly although fairly known among the Capcom characters, she tends to be obscured among them too, with Ryu, Megaman, Dante, Monster Hunter, and Phoenix Wright usually taking the forefront of people's attention as well as popularity when it comes to Capcom characters. Her chance for base roster is slim to none, so her best chance lies in DLC. She did fairly well in some fan made polls, and I'm certain some people voted for in the Smash Ballot, but it's uncertain how many people had voted for her in the Smash Ballot compared to other Capcom characters let alone characters overall.

Want 100%

As my most wanted character, the protagonist from one of my favorite games, near unlimited moveset, wide variety of stages, beautiful music, and content overall, as well as my love for wolves, I think it'd be wonderful to have the 'Legendary White Wolf' in Smash.

For the people who don't know much about her, there're so many possible movesets for her. With her ink pots, her tail doubles as the Celestial Brush which can draw anything into existence: Vines, Trees, Bombs, Windstorms, Water, Infernos, Blizzards, Thunderbolts, powerful slashes that can cut through anything. She can even turn night into day, or vice versa by drawing the Sun, and Moon. She can even slow down time.
If that isn't enough for you she can instantly switch between three weapons she control telekinetically called The Divine Instruments. One is a Reflector, that attacks foes quickly, and can counterattack as well by slamming foes into the ground with a spinning drop. Next are Rosary Beads that double as a whip, and as high-speed bullets that shoots foes at the speed of a submachine gun, and finally a slow yet powerful sword with decent range.

Nomination Fjorm x5

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
AMATERASU

Amaterasu, let's just say, hasn't received much overwhelming support. She is fighting many others for the spot as an additional Capcom representative. She also hasn't been very many games herself. She's been in Okami, a sequel, an HD remaster, and MvC. She also doesn't have the ideal body type for a fighter, suffering for the same reasons that Suicune was originally disliked for Pokken. However, she has enjoyed moderate popularity, and her game has been ported over to the Switch, along with a running history with Nintendo. Okami was extremely innovational for its time. Amaterasu is a much more realistic choice than Dante (who has been explicitly deconfirmed by the developer) or Leon, both Capcom contenders for the spot. Her games are REALLY fun (although that doesn't really amount to much evidence), she has an incredibly unique potential moveset, and recent relevancy due to the HD remaster. However, when it comes to Capcom, Phoenix Wright still reigns supreme for chance... I feel though that Amaterasu has enough going for her that she has a less than fair shot... I guess...

Chance: 15%

I am a HUUUGE advocate for Amaterasu, but to save you all the time of reading, I'll keep it relatively brief. Amaterasu is the leading character of Okami, which is such a unique and amazing game. Amaterasu is no different; she would most likely be able to utilize most of her abilities from brushes to ink to beads to energy, to literally any of her countless attributes. I'm going to cut it off here before I ramble for too long on how much I want Amaterasu in the game, because I need to move to a more serious topic. I really don't think Amaterasu is going to make it. My main want is just Okami to be repped somehow in the game. Amaterasu is more likely an assist trophy, if not maybe even a trophy. An assist trophy will be just enough to quench my thirst. I still want Amaterasu as a fighter though...

Want: 87.5%

I may have said it before, there are very few characters who hit that 100% want threshold. Sadly, Amaterasu was never at the maximum for me.

Nominations: [Concept] Any Minecraft Representation x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
1539226441858.jpeg

Chance: 3%
Want: 50%

Oh boy, another Capcom character. At this rate Smash will have more than MvCI.

Seriously though, third parties are guests, and Namco’s codeveloping. I don’t know if Ninty is gonna be too happy to throw a whole ****ton of licensing fees to one company.

Ammy’s kind of a sleeper name though. She’s got decent popularity and a really unique artstyle for her games, but she’s not thrown around on every other fake leak like Dante. The game is definitely recognizable, and would be a natural pick if Sakurai was as xenophobic as some people make him out to be.

Still, she does suffer from a lot of the issues that Lycanroc had - DHD moves like a looney toon and Ivy has vines for arms, so her bodyshape could be an issue. Also again, she’s in that realm of ‘popular but not as much as others’ from an already-overstuffed company, so her competition is tight.

I wouldn’t mind her. I’ve never played Ōkami, but it does look gorgeous, and I feel like the sumi-e look would be anazing to see in Smash.

Nom: Dovahkiin x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Amaterasu

Chance: 5%
I already said this when Phoenix Wright was rated, but I'll say it again: Capcom has enough representation in the base roster, with Mega Man, Ryu and possibly Ken. The only way I could see him get in is through DLC, but even then, he still has to face competition with it's fellow Capcom characters, like Dante, Chris Redfield or even Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright.

I really don't know much about Amaterasu other than he appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I haven't played any Okami games either.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Ammy:
Chance: 15%-Yeah, I share the same opinion where competition among Capcom characters is the greatest wall for the wolf goddess, having to deal with the likes of Phoenix Wright, Leon S. Kennedy, Dante, Monster Hunter and even Viewtiful Joe. However, she is quite popular among both Nintendo and Smash fandoms, so chances are she will fare well against her rivals. Really, if there's anything Capcom has over other third-party companies is a big and well-known library of characters that only Nintendo can surpass.
Want: 30%-I know her mainly from UMvC3 and I've never played Okami. Granted, the time I did spend playing with her was fun, not as fun as playing with Dr. Doom, but definitely good enough to be okay with her appearing in another fighter.
Nominations: DLC character pass x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Amaterasu

Chance - 2.5% - She's not a super huge big name, but I think she's somewhat notable, at least? Still, while she's a big cult hit, that's not enough, especially with two characters from the same company already. While it could be that Sakurai could fancy her, ultimately I see getting in any other way.

Want - 55% - I like her, but have no real desire to get her in. There are better third parties out there, but I can accept her.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day will end later than usual around 11 am since I have an exam.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Amaterasu

Chance: 3%

Being a Capcom character is her biggest problem, I feel. We already have two franchises from the company represented, one of which is already practically guaranteed to get an echo, and with limited time remaining I'm having a hard time seeing a third franchise in the base roster. And even if we did get another, Okami is far from the only possibility. Phoenix Wright is probably the most common request right now, Monster Hunter has already been acknowledged in Smash, and then Dante and several Resident Evil characters are also notable options tossed around. Amaterasu is still fairly notable and has received some requests here and there, of course. I don't think things are in her favor right now though. Maybe DLC but that's for another day.

Want: 30%

I want to play Okami, but unfortunately haven't been able yet. Currently there are plenty of third parties I think should get in first, including a couple of the other Capcom options, but I don't see myself being too bothered with her inclusion.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Amaterasu:

Chance: 10%

I feel like most of Capcom's big names are bigger, but even the more obscure Capcom games seem to be more notable than a lot of the top names from other companies. Capcom also pretty much solidified the art of video game crossovers, so it's kind of fitting for them to have a lot of names in Smash. It seems unlikely that Amaterasu would get in over Monster Hunter/Palico, Leon/Chris, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Chun Li, and possibly Arthur and Viewtiful Joe. But not impossible. She's certainly more visually distinct than most of them, and that means a lot for marketing. She was a big hit in the MvC games she was in, too.

Want: 90%

I love literally every one of those Capcom hopefuls I just named and I want them all. Dear Sakurai, please just make Smash VS Capcom and I will be able to die fulfilled.

Nom nom noms: DLC Costumes x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Amaterasu (Okami)

Chance: 17%
Amaterasu has high quantities of both "Not happening under any logical circumstances" and "It'd be AWESOME if it happened", quantities essential to create any worthwhile hype explosion if they ever got in. After Cloud happened, I can only assume now that such characters do not escape Sakurai's notice.

But Okami is not the first game people think of when they think of Capcom. It was a 2006 PS2 title that sold so poorly that its studio was disbanded soon afterwards. Yet, it's also a game that rises above the depths of obscurity despite having only a mediocre DS sequel and a number of ports. Heck, one of its HD ports came out this very year - how many other games from around 2006 can claim the same?

For some reason, people skip over the likes of Dante and Leon Kennedy to get to the sun doggo, despite them all having the same game director who'd go on to make Bayonetta. Devil May Cry is very solid competition in this regard; it's a lot more iconic, but it hasn't had the courtesy to put any of its entries on a Nintendo platform yet. Or, who knows, maybe Bayonetta is all that Sakurai thinks he needs to represent Hideki Kamiya. Either way, getting to Ammy means jumping over a lot of other candidates who can claim bigger stakes in video game history.

(On a smaller note, Amaterasu's one of those characters who almost has too much moveset potential. Not only does she have thirteen brush techniques, but she also has three different weapon styles that can't exactly be mixed up.)

Want: 85%
While I wouldn't sacrifice another hopeful like Phoenix Wright or a token Resident Evil character, I'd gladly have Amaterasu over other, more sensible choices. Her aesthetic and fighting style would be welcome additions to Smash's already-full-of-variety roster.

Prediction:
Ray (Custom Robo): 4%

Nominations:
Sans (boss) x5

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Amaterasu

Chance: 60%

There's a reason why people gravitate towards Ammy and not other Capcom characters. It's because she has the most potential to be a unique character. She is decently popular, placing high in a ton of fan polls. However, she faces stiff competition from other Capcom characters. If she doesn't get in base, she will have a chance as DLC.

Want: 100%

She has one of the most unique moveset potentials of any Capcom character.

Nom: Kat & Ana x5

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Amaterasu!

Chance: 0.05?

It feels so...random? She's sadly not that iconic, there's other characters from her company that have priority, she wouldn't be promoting any new games unfortunately, I don't feel she did amazing on the ballot as I don't see her do that well on many fan polls...umm...I'd be really super surprised and thankful if she got a trophy or song.

Want: 60%

Sure! I love Ammy, she was awesome in MvC3, great music and aesthetic, stage potential, moveset potential, etc. I don't feel personally attached to Okami, but I do really appreciate it, I only really actively support one character so I don't know if I can say I really "want" her, more just that I'd be much more than "okay" or "neutral" about her inclusion! I'd be pretty excited to give her a try and happy for her fans! Still, after this post I won't give the idea that much more thought... Maybe the future will have better circumstances for this particular possibility!

Danganronpa Music! x5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Amaterasu

I don't think they're going to add another Capcom character in the base roster, especially since Ken is all but confirmed at this point. She might have a shot in DLC, but she still faces competition with other Capcom characters like Phoenix Wright, Dante or Monster Hunter.

Want: 70%
I have played Okami games and they're all amazing. I have also played MvC3 where she was a playable character and it was totally fun to play as her. I wouldn't mind having Amaterasu in the game, but with so many competitions from her fellow Capcom characters, I don't think we'll see her in Ultimate at all.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ammy

Chance: 5%
Okami is one of those games where despite it being a small franchise, it has garnered a notable following due to its loveable characters, setting, artstyle, you name it. It's a beautiful game that has enchanted many fans, and as a result I've seen a good number of people push for Amaterasu. Additionally, she has a great amount of moveset options as even ignoring the unique element of being a quadrupedal fighter, she brings the brush stroke abilities, the different weapon types, her utility abilities and other such traits that leave her ripe for building a character from. In general, Okami and Amaterasu are both that have a lot to give to Smash and it's no surprise they have a dedicated following.

However, while it's dedicated, it is still small. Okami is a franchise that has multiple ports, but only one true sequel and none of them have been huge games. They're very popular among the community of course, but the don't stretch far past that comfort zone and that does hurt when there are multiple third party characters to consider. Even restricting it to Capcom itself you have a large amount of competition as there are huge franchises like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter that are far more popular and notable, as well as similarly smaller, but also very popular/genre defining characters like Dante, Phoenix Wright, and Morrigan. It's a tough world out there for a third party character and Amaterasu may not have enough to break through her status to make it into the game, but there is a chance if her fanbase pushed hard enough for her to get noticed.

Okami is a phenomenal game and I love the setting and characters, so seeing any of that in Smash would be nice.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Amaterasu
Chance: 4% - If she gets in, it will be as DLC. I have a hard time seeing her on the base roster when we already have Megaman, Ryu, and most likely Ken for Capcom reps. There are also still many highly iconic Capcom reps that can rival her for a spot, such as Phoenix and Dante.
Want: 20% - Sorry, but Okami's novelty has worn off for me. That being said, having another quadruped fighter in Smash is still always welcome.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

aarchak

Smash Ace
Amaterasu

Chance: 0%
With so many better options for new fighters (and by better I mean ones that would be more popular and generate more hype from people), Amaterasu's chances are basically nil. This becomes more and more true as the spaces for the roster become smaller with every character revealed. It doesn't help that Amaterasu is from a third-party that already has 2 reps.
I think it would be a fine idea to put her in the game, with cool moveset options and possibly a fun playstyle. I might even try her out.

Nominations
Character alternate costume DLC x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Before I throw in my ratings, I want to discuss that little hysteria that happened back in September when Custom Robo's trademark got "cancelled." To be rather blunt, read the fine print. Here is the link to Custom Robo's trademark page. Read what's written under Goods and Services: "Compact discs and optical discs." Think. What Custom Robo games came on a disc?

I ended up learning there was more to this trademark's cancellation from Reddit user TheOneWhoWroteThis. In their post, they analyzed the trademark and found that the trademark was actually for a specific Custom Robo title. Namely, Custom Robo: Battle Revolution for the Nintendo Gamecube. Check out the filing date: 2003-11-05. It lines up to the game's eventual release in March 4th 2004 (Japan) and May 10, 2004 (North America). In fact, Battle Revolution is its Japanese name. The trademark just says "Custom Robo" because it was literally called that in North America.

Also, while everyone was mourning over the "death" of Custom Robo, look at Status Date and the end of Trademark Events. 2016-03-04. The trademark expired on March 4th 2016, and it was only until September 2018 that someone noticed. Custom Robo was "already dead" so to speak. But no, the Gamecube title is "dead." It's the only Custom Robo that was on compact/optical discs. All the other games were on the N64, GBA, and DS. All cartridge based console.

So yeah, you're all more than happy to dismiss Custom Robo's chances and put in double 0s. You just can't cite that trademark as your reason.

Ray (Custom Robo)

Very generous considering I've never touched this series. Remember that mech figure Sakurai bought from around late 2016? The popular assumption is it's for Elma, but I could also see it going to Ray. He made his debut in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but was cut in Smash For. While it's a role I could see Ray retain if he was brought back in Ultimate, why not throw him a bone?

Black Knight as a boss character x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ray (Custom Robo)

Chance: 1%
His series hasn't been relevant in over a decade and he isn't too well-known overseas. Also unlike Isaac whose series also hasn't had a game in a while, Ray is nowhere near his level of popularity. He'll be lucky if he can make it in as an assist trophy.

Don’t know anything about his games so I won't comment.

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Ray (Custom Robo)

Chance: 15%
His assist trophy is missing, but he's still unlikely. He's not as popular as Isaac and probably stands the same chance as Andy from Advance Wars. There's also the recent trademark stuff, which I still have not a lot of knowledge on. Anyway, he does have the advantage of being a decently requested character, especially in the Brawl days from what I've seen.

Want: 25%
I know nothing about the series, but I know someone who would be super happy if he got in. Plus he looks super dang cool.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Ray
Chance: 0.5%
Alongside Isaac he was one of the Assist Trophies completely absent from Smash 4, so him missing from this game might not matter that much. Unlike Isaac he had nowhere near as big of a following during the ballot. Also not helping is that he has fallen out of relevancy even more since last time.

The Prince x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Optimus Minor

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

So even if we assume the lapsing of a trademark of one game doesn’t mean “Nintendo doesn’t seem to care...”

Custom Robo’s really niche. Nintendo has a bigger game series starring robots (even with the word ‘robo’ in it) and even that one seems DOA. Ray had his Brawl assist, and there really aren’t many who seem to miss it, unlike the golden son over here.

Ray may look cool enough, but with limited roster space, characters need more than that to be impressive for me.

Nom: Dovahkiin x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ray

Double Zeroes from me.

It's a long dead franchise, for one. Other unrepresented franchises like Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, or ARMS have a better shot at being DLC, I think. That, and I'm a big believer in Box Theory, so Ray's a no-go for that anyway. As for want, I'm just not interested.

Merric x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Abstaining from Ray. I don't know much about Custom Robo.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Ray (Custom Robo)

Chance: ???%
I have no idea how likely he is. Not very, probably, as he has a series that's niche and not had an installment for a long time, but that fact that Custom Robo is a franchise and not just a single game, plus that fact that Ray has appeared as an assist trophy before helps him a bit.

Want: 75%
I've never played a Custom Robo game either, but I know how the games work, so the idea of him being playable is really cool. I'd love to see more representation for Nintendo's more obscure franchises.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Ray:

Chance: 2%
Pros:
I´d say, he is one of the few possible Retro Reps, and definitely one of the more unique (design and possible moveset) ones, though Isaac and Andy (Advance Wars) have a way higher Chance imo. Though, I still wonder what happened to the mecha figure Sakurai bought. I wouldn´t know what else it could be for, if not for Smash. And for Smash I can only see Elma or Custom Robo, but so far no leaks or other hints pointed at either of them. (https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/) Also he had an AT in Smash 4, similar to Isaac, so that´s at least some recognition.

Cons:
The last new entry was in 2007, already over a decade ago. The series didn´t sell too well. He only has a small following, giving him barely any Chance for the Ballot.

Want: 95%
I like his design and would love to see a proper Revival of the Franchise. Furthermore, my favourite type of Characters are tool/projectile Characters and Ray would definitely be an unique Addition to that category.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:
Slime (DQ): 5x
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Ray (Custom Robo)

Chance 10%

Like Isaac, his Assist Trophy is missing, so there's a chance he could be playable. However, that's pretty much all he has going for him. Unlike Isaac, he just doesn't have the popularity or as big the following as the aforementioned character. His lack of relevancy doesn't help either.

Want 20%

He looks awesome, and could be a great character, but it'll take more than that for me to want him more than my wanted characters

Nomination Fjorm x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
PSA: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY YOU GET TO AFFECT THE TOP SEVEN. MAKE THOSE NOMINATIONS COUNT.

Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x262
No More Stages x258
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x237
Linkle x227
Louie x200
Rick/Coo/Kine x197
DeMille x193

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x190
Reimu Hakurei x190
Papyrus x180
Dovahkiin x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Kyo Kusanagi x145
Susie Haltmann x139
Edelgard x135
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Black Knight as a boss character x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x111
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x105
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Sans as a boss character x92
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Silvally x84
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x83
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
The Prince (Katamari) x75
Veronica x73
Concept: Cross series Echoes x70
Rhythm Girl x70
9-Volt x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Slime x61
Concept: Historical Character x60
Merric (Fire Emblem) x60
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51
[Rerate] Steve? x51

50 - 25

Earthworm Jim x49
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
Saki Amamiya x42
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Stage: Melemele Island x40
Concept: DLC character pass x40
Adeleine x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Joker (Persona) x31
Box Theory x29
Quote x28
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25
[Rerate] Sora x25

Under 25

Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Kat & Ana x20
[Rerate] Gengar x19
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x19
Sub-Zero x17
Blog Theory x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Stage: Yoshi’s Crafted World x15
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Conker x10
Concept: Danganronpa music x10
[Rerate] Porky Minch x9
Concept: Unique puzzle game rep x9
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
Erdrick x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
[Rerate] Ninten x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Goomba x1

Fjorm overtakes No More Stages, becomes number 1.

Merric and Steve get past 50 noms.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring, seeing how I nominated Ray

Ray is decently popular, as many ATs tend to be. But he probably didn’t break the ballot, although he performed much better than I would have imagined in a lot of exit polls. He comes from a unique and unrepresented franchise, but said franchise is dormant at best. His AT got removed in 4, but that was probably 3DS shenanigans. There’s also that Sakurai toy. Personally, I don’t think Elma will be in the game, and the toy is for Ray (maybe not playable, but an AT redesign seems in the cards).

Want: 100%
Custom Robo is a gem, y’all should play it. How cool would it be to fight as a mech? At the very least, I hope his AT gets reworked into being more complete, like ATs are nowadays.

Thwomp prediction: 0.1%
Don’t disappoint me fellas.

Nominations: DeMille x2
Saki Amamiya x3

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Ray (Custom Robo)

I'm fairly sure unless they're either relevant or popular, a character's chances are basically nil. This applies heavily to Custom Robo.
Want: ABSTAIN
I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Custom Robo to form an opinion.

Nominations

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ray
0.1% Chance

I don't like to give out super low scores, but honestly I feel this is kind of where things are. Custom Robo is dead. While the trademark stuff is not as concrete as I would have initially thought ( Kotor Kotor did a good job outlining it), it still speaks volumes. Nintendo did not care to renew the Custom Robo trademark in any way sense or form. Nintendo, who are fiercely protective of their ips. Nintendo, who have been cracking down on emulation. Nintendo would let an IP dry up like that? IMO, it is a good sign that Custom Robo is not on their minds right now.

Even in terms of characters to promote from Assist Trophies for new franchises, he is kind of beat out. Isaac is the obvious comparison, but Nintendo knows Golden Sun has value. Nintendo knows that Isaac is one of the biggest fan favorites. Even going further down on the totem poll, we see other characters like Ray who I feel Nintendo would be more willing to look at. You all have seen I am down on Dillon and his chances, but I can see that he would be a more likely choice than Ray. Saki is another contender, who I lowkey believe will get a bit of a burst in support should Isaac get in or a revival ever occur. Even Sable, who we really went down against, is more likely. Ray is just in such a bad spot right now.

100% Want

Which is a shame since I am a fan of Custom Robo. IMO the series is a good template for future works by Nintendo due to it being essentially a blank slate right now. Yes there are Action RPG roots, but I feel with the setting of people using these little robots to fight is awesome. If you want my honest opinion on which way to push the franchise, I would say MOBA. I feel that it would fit in the Custom Robo setting ok, and a MOBA on the switch would be an untapped market. A HotS or LoL style would fit with so many cool robos to draw from, and this is coming from someone who is not a big MOBA fan.

Ray himself is super cool. I would prefer Isaac or Saki, but the thought of a small little robot firing huge weapons as a sort of glass cannon seems super fun to me.

Nominating Sora Rerate x 5

Also, quick updates.

1. There will be a big update this weekend. In terms of getting this whole thing caught back up, it should get us there. We will have at least to the end of the rerates done. After that, by the end of the next week we shall be all caught up.

2.Noms Purge will be on Nov 7th, 2018. Anything under 100 noms will be purged. After that, idk if we will go too much further with nominations, and we will try to rate as much as we can in that period. I might pull an executive save for one or two cool ideas I feel should be discussed before the thread wraps up, but just expect this purge to be brutal.

3. DLC is going to be the elephant in the room. The current game plan is to go forward with the game again after doing reactions to the new smash, and then we shall start up from the bottom up.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ray (Custom Robo)

I'm fairly sure unless they're either relevant or popular, a character's chances are basically nil. This applies heavily to Custom Robo.
Want: ABSTAIN
I'm sorry, I don't know enough about Custom Robo to form an opinion.

Nominations
>implying Ray isn’t popular.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think he's popular in the general Smash fanbase. On this site he's definitely got popularity, but I don't think he's even close to Geno or how K. Rool was, which is what you basically NEED now in order to get a spot.
Not being Geno popular doesn’t equal not being popular.

Top Bottom