• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
If anyone is asking I'm the only one who has been nominating him. And don't worry about being brutal with the chance and want. Konami never did anything to really support it proper. Rip my boi apart if you want.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Django

Chance: 0%
It's not happening. I loved Boktai and Lunar Knights, but with the poor sales it had it never really made the splash it could have. It's a shame because it was a darn fine series with a memorable gimmick.

Want: 50%
I have a lot of nostalgia for Boktai. I am a BIG Mega Man Battle Network fan and if 4 did anything right it was the Boktai crossover content and Gun Del Sol as a Battle Chip. The Boktai content in MMBN made me buy the games and play through them and one of my favorite posters Nintendo Power ever released was one for Lunar Knights. Django is a really cool character and his weaponry would be so fun to use, and it would be neat for me to see him and Mega Man in the same game again, even if it's classic Mega Man. That said, with MGS and Castlevania repped with playable characters, I don't really feel the need for it. Gun Del Sol would make a super cool item, though, especially if it worked like the Battle Chip.

So yeah, I don't ever see Boktai content happening but it'd be nice if we got something small.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Django:

Chance: 0,1%

Pros:
He is a video game character.

Cons:
Yeah, no I don´t see it happening. Not even as a wtf character. Especially because I doubt we will ever get wtf third party characters. Third party characters are something special, only popular or characters that have/had a big influence on the gaming history made it so far and I don´t think that will change anytime soon.
Furthermore, we already have 3 Konami Characters, more than from any other third-party company, and 2 of them alone were introduced in Ultimate. I just don´t see Konami getting another rep.
And if even, there are still many better, more popular/meaningful options, like Goemon, Alucard (already an AT in Ultimate though), Konami Man, Frogger, a Snake Echo or a Silent Hill Character. Heck, I´d probably give Yugi Muto a higher chance than Django.

Want: 0%

Absolutely no interest in the character or his game.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Django
chance and want
0%
3rd party have a smaller chance anyways and they are big 3rd party charcters not someone so unknown in a game known as Ultimate. I think he could be a possible trophy if they wanted him to be but I think thats it.

nominaitng
Thowmp x5

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Jeesh, some of you guys are brutal just because you personally haven't heard of a character. It's like you don't even want to legitimately discuss this stuff, just nominate some other equally obscure or irrelevant character. Double standards, much?

Maybe it's just because I read a lot of gaming mags at the time but the original Boktai was really seen as a great little stealth game with a fascinating mechanic. Unorthodox, yeah, but Konami believed in that game until it didn't sell, and so did reviewers of the time. I mean, again, for crying out loud they had a crossover with the Mega Man Battle Network series that lasted from games 4 to 6. Sure, the content in 6 was cut in North America but you could actually fight Django and the Count and it was really neat. Plus, Gun Del Sol was a beast of a chip. There's a ton of potential with Django in any role in Smash, either as an assist or an item or even a playable character.

I mean, I'm sticking with "it's not happening and I won't be upset if it's never really referenced again because it didn't really make much of a splash all things considered, but an item or trophy would be fun" but I'd rather take an unrepresented and underappreciated franchise being discussed after some cursory research over "WHOMST??? DRIFTLOON FOR SMASH" posts. How many of you really knew who, like, Sukapon or Kid Dracula were before the Direct?

Anyway, Elite Beat Agents x5. Am I nominating right?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How many of you really knew who, like, Sukapon or Kid Dracula were before the Direct?
To be completely fair with you, I honestly was familiar with both Sukapon and Kid Dracula before the direct. Sukapon was in my personal top 25 out of 150 characters that i had compiled over the last months, and that list was finalized back in February of last year, before Ultimate was even announced.

DJANGO

I try to be nice to every character that I review, but Django is just generally unappealing in every aspect (in my opinion). His character design isn't all that great, and as far as I have seen, his games have flopped in both local and international markets in comparison to other characters that are vying for those last coveted roster spots. Django has done very poor in fan polls, and he doesn't exactly have any real connection to the Nintendo franchise. I was completely unfamiliar with the character until about a couple seconds ago, but I believe I have enough to formulate an opinion. Nintendo never seemed to care for the franchise, and neither do I. This may actually be my lowest rating yet, but all of this argument actually goes towards both chance and want. And I think you guessed what it was...

What else can I say. He doesn't really stand a chance. And I'm also in a bad mood, which you'll here a bit more about...

Nominations: As this is the last day that one can influence the top 7, I am VERY disappointed. After not receiving any nomination votes for months, Thwomp is now contesting the rankings for some odd reason. And so is No More Stages. And so is Amaterasu. And that kicks Ray out. And that is NOT GOOD. All I'm trying to do is save Quote in case the nomination purge does occur, but now I have to make sure that Ray makes the top 7. And I don't want to have to do it, but I'll help Ray out if necessary. So I'm going to do this.

Quote x5; UNLESS Ray is within 5 votes of making it into the top 7, in which Ray x5.

Why did you people cut the last spot this close?!?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Django

So after finding out Django belongs to Konami, while I don't think there should a limit to how many playable characters a third party can have, Django is not one I see joining Smash. Another Belmont or Alucard from Castlevania, Raiden or Big Boss from Metal Gear, Bomberman or Contra all have a higher chance of getting in over Django. I would actually be surprised if Django received even a regular trophy.

Black Knight as a boss character x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Double Zeroes for Django

Konami has quite a few characters already, and there are even more who aren't playable who would more than likely be picked before Django.

As for want, well...he's direct competition for Frogger so I'm not too interested. :p

Merricx5

MiniMads

Smash Rookie
Django
3rd Party, hasn't had a game in goodness knows how long and isn't that well known. Konami has over characters that they'd want in more
Never heard of him before today! Plus, Konami has already had Castlevania this time. Bad luck Django.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Django

Chance: Abstain

Want 30%

From what I remember seeing of him from Mega Man Battle Network: Blue Moon/Red Sun, I'd want him in Smash, I like his design and his personality in the brief time we saw him in the game, but outside of that I don't know anything else about him. I don't think I'd mind as much if he made it in, but there are other Third Party Characters that I want more than him though.

Nomination - Amaterasu x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Djano want: 0% (7-10*)

His support thread doesn't have a full moveset, so his weaponry doesn't seem that interesting outside of the light gun, which wouldn't make much sense harming non-vampires. It also mentions that his (half?)vampire form has flight, which makes me wary. He does look pretty cool, though.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Django

Chance - 0% - The series has been left on a cliffhanger. The orignal game was interesting, but not well recived after the somewhat anoying gimmick of having to use IRL sunlight in order to do things. In the end, he's too obscure to be considered.

Want - 0% - A complete waste of a third party slot. A third party should have some clout, and he doesn't.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Django
Chance: 0% Sorry we're out of sunlight, try again tomorrow. No seriously, this series is dead and third party. This isn't happening any time soon.
Want: 0% No thank you. I don't like saying he would be a waste of a slot, but there's not much else to be said.

Nominations:
No More Stages x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Django
He's from a somewhat obscure third party series that hasn't had a game in years and he has no Smash demand. It's not happening.
Want: N/A

Nathan Drake prediction: 0%, he's a Sony character
Noms: Louie x5

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Django

That's a name I haven't seen around at all... they're not retro enough for a retro consideration either...

Want: 5%

Eh, he looks fun at least.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Django

DOUBLE ZEROES

A somewhat obscure third party, made worse by the franchise being dead for over a decade, Konami has a few characters already, the company has several more notable franchises left that would certainly be included first if they even got another, there's virtually no Smash demand, etc. I've never given a flat zero in chance outside of joke characters, I generally don't think it's a good idea to do it, but I have no choice today. There simply isn't any reason for me to think Django would be considered.

As for want, I have no connection to or interest in this character. As far as third parties go I would prefer more notable characters get included instead, including several from Konami. Sorry.

Nominations: Ray x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

October 3: Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User
October 4: Concept: Hanafuda Character
October 5: Rowlet (Pokémon)
October 6: Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC
October 7: Amaterasu (Okami)
October 8: Ray (Custom Robo)

October 9: Thwomp (Mario)

Surprisingly, Fire Emblem Spear User managed to stage an upset and take number 1. Even more surprisingly, Thwomp managed to hold on to his spot in the top seven. If I were a gambling man, I’d have bet on No More Stages taking that spot by a long margin - but I guess I would have lost!

The new top seven consists of No More Stages, Linkle, Fjorm, Louie, Rick, Coo & Kine, Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode and DeMille.

No More Stages x236
Linkle x227
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x210
Louie x200
Rick/Coo/Kine x197
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x197
DeMille x193

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Reimu Hakurei x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Dovahkiin x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Susie Haltmann x124
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Edelgard x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Black Knight as a boss character x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Kyo Kusanagi x85
Silvally x84
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
9-Volt x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Sans as a boss character x65
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x63
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
The Prince (Katamari) x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Concept: Cross series Echoes x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Concept: DLC character pass x30
Stage: Melemele Island x30
Box Theory x29
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
[Rerate] Steve? x19
Sub-Zero x17
Saki Amamiya x17
Joker (Persona) x16
Quote x16
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Sora x10
Bub & Bob x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Blog Theory x7
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Concept: Danganronpa music x5
Merric (Fire Emblem) x5
Conker x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
[Rerate] Porky Minch x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x1
Goomba x1

Today’s newcomers are Elite Beat Agents, with 5 noms, and Goomba, with 1.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Here you go!

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Ray wasn’t in danger of getting left off the top 7, so your nominations were allocated to Quote.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Nathan Drake

Drake has no relation to Nintendo in the slightest. The only thing he has going for him is that he could represent Sony as a rival company rep kind of like how Sonic was. If you’re going with that argument though, Master Chief would be the next big gaming icon to be in Smash since he’s way more iconic and better represents his company. Also if someone with a deep history with Sony got into Smash it’d be either Crash or Spyro but even their chances are fairly low. Aside from all of this, Sony is incredibly stingy with crossplay so I doubt they’d even allow him in Smash.

Want: 20%

The Uncharted games are easily my favorite PS exclusive titles and Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Despite this, I think Drake would feel very out of place with the rest of the fighters. If he somehow got in then I may try him out though Crash or Spyro should definitely have priority first.

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I can always count on Sari Sari to keep me from double posting.

Drake of the 99 Thieves

Chance: 0.5%
Maybe in a future Smash game, when Sony stops being a ***** and starts playing along (they succumbed to crossplay!). Even if this was a normal Smash game, with plenty of room to spare, he’d have a tough shot getting in. Limited slots, plus no ballot support, makes him an Ultimate no-go.

Allow me to talk about his General Smash chance, beyond Ultimate. If Sony ever gets a rep (and I’m talking a Sony rep, not someone like Cloud or even Crash), it’s between him and Kratos. Who is more iconic? That’s a good question, and one I’d like to throw out to you guys for feedback. Kratos has the advantage of being more distinctive I guess, but I’d argue Uncharted as a whole is much more revolutionary and influential, and hey, we are getting an Uncharted movie, so maybe Nathan Drake will become a multimedia icon.

Whatever, I agree with Sari that Master Chief is more likely due to being more iconic, Microsoft being more willing to play ball, and Halo having no competition within the company (Gears is always second fiddle, and BK and Minecraft don’t count).

Want: 75%
I think Sony’s good with one rep, and can’t decide if it should be him or Kratos. Either would make me happy (though I won’t lie, hearing that Uncharted theme song in Smash would be amazing). It’s not hard to imagine him zipping around in Battlefield (if you have doubts he could make a fighting game moveset, check out PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale). If guns are an issue, he could always use magical artifacts + grappling hook and good ol’ fisticuffs. He also fulfills every condition I have for third parties (be iconic, relation by competition to Nintendo), so, yeah.

Nominations: Saki Amamiya X5

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Nathan Drake

Chance: 6%

I gave Nathan a slightly higher score than other third-parties I've judged purely based on the iconic status of the character. Heck, I'm a guy who hasn't picked up a PlayStation controller since the PS2, and even I'm pretty familiar with him.

That being said ... it isn't happening. Uncharted is a Sony baby, and of the two video game console "rivals", Sony is far and above the less cooperative. For Sakurai to jump through such hoops, only to secure the rights to a character for whom there's little demand, well, it'd be strange.

Lastly, Sakurai has detailed in the past that he prefers to choose third-parties who have appeared on a Nintendo console as guests for Smash. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nathan Drake has never appeared on a Nintendo console. That might not bring him down to 0% - anything is possible, after all - but it certainly works against Nathan in a major way.

In a hypothetical world where a Sony rep is a lock, I would fully embrace the insanity and support Vibri from Vib-Ribbon. And in the world that we live in, I am pretty fickle about third-parties in Smash.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Nathan Drake
Double zeros! Why would they do this? Uncharted is a Sony exclusive IP. Their biggest competitor on the market. It has absolutely zero things to do with Nintendo. Trying to bargain with Sony to have him in would likely be harder than getting any character Microsoft owns, times a dozen. Not to mention he's a western character, has no support and isn't even Naughty dog's most iconic character. Lastly he's just a guy with firearms, which would be really hard to put in the game on its own. I have brought up guns in Smash before with Leon, but if the no-guns policy were to be truely broken I doubt it would be for Drake.

The Prince x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Nathan Drake

I highly doubt they would add a Sony character in Smash unless it had at least one game released in Nintendo consoles. And sadly, Nathan never had one, so that's a 0% for me. Besides, Crash Bandicoot is more likely to get in due to the release of the N-Sane Trilogy in the Switch, even if his chance aren't as great as Nathan's.

I do love the Uncharted series and Nathan himself, but unless they release one of it's game into the Switch, he will never get in Smash at all. If I want a Sony rep in Smash, my money's on Crash or Spyro, as they're the two most iconic characters of Sony and the fact that their games were released in Nintendo platforms at one point.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Nathan Drake

Chance: 0.1%
This is the guy you pick up for the hypothetical Universal Video Game Crossover that doesn't have any Nintendo bias. Which is to say, Uncharted is a very famous and relatively influential franchise that you'd be remiss to skip for any kind of modern representation of all gaming - but it'd have no business being on the Nintendo crossover unless it finally ported. Plus, Kratos would probably get in over Nathan any day.

Want: Abstain
One of the last notable third-parties I'd pick, and that's primarily because I never had a gaming platform that could host his games. Uncharted seems to almost represent Nintendo's total antithesis, chasing after cinematic experiences over strong core gameplay mechanics. Is that really what Smash should recognize?

Prediction:
FE Spear User: 4%

Nominations
Sans (boss) x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hey, I stopped getting notifications here!

Anyway...

Rule 63 Lara Croft

I can’t really say much about him. Uncharted is a Sony exclusive, and I’ve always had Xbox.

Still, he looks cool enough. And he gives off an awesome Indiana Jones vibe (the first three, not that last one) so I can’t hate him.

However, I’m still in the school that there should be some connection to Nintendo. It can even be said that Cloud is the most famous character of a series which was on Nintendo. Uncharted has nothing of the sort. He’s as modern-day Sony mascot as you can get...or close to it now that Kratos kinda took that title from him.

If we get a tomb raider (and that’s a huge if in the first place), I think Lara is the more likely and more recognizable (imagine the salt if he got in over her). Otherwise, I can’t see anything in his benefit.

Prediction for Azura any generic spearman: 5.3%
Nom: Dovahkiin x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Nathan Drake
chance
Well he is Sony charcter that is popular but but I think if we get a rep for Sony it would be Crash or someone else like Ratchet and Klank. And with a limited roster I think we won't be seeing any sony charcter till/if DLC
10%

want
could have a fun moveset. But would feel out of place like Snake and Bayonetta and the less out of place characters the better
20%

nominating
earthworm jim x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Goomba x1
Today’s newcomers are Elite Beat Agents, and Goomba, each with 5 noms.
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , you might want that might want to be fixed...

Are we still going to stick with 48 hours before days switch, or are we going to head back to 24 hours before days switch.

NATHAN DRAKE

I'm getting way to lazy for my own good. I don't feel overly passionate about any of these recent characters, and none of them have that great of chances with Smash 5 as close as it is... There really isn't that much to say about Nathan Drake, besides the fact that even though Uncharted is popular, it's also Sony. And Sony is as Sony does. With all that being said, so....................n......y.....

He'd be cool to have, though. Wouldn't be opposed to him, but my want for him is also rather low because I can't truly get hyped for him if he can't make it in. He probably will be a one-off trophy in the trophy compendium, but that's about as much as I predict seeing him. Literally all I can say about him want wise is that I wouldn't mind him. Nothing too compelling for his case...

Want: 5%

Noms: Quote x5

Gimme gimme

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
RANDOM PLAYSTATION ALL STARS BATTLE ROYALE CHARACTER

He doesn't fit in Smash, he would be too hard to get in due to Sony, I haven't seen anyone requesting him except a select few people, and he's very bland and boring. You could use the Snake argument, but that was for a special occasion. He's not making it in.

Edit: If a Sony character will get in, it will be Crash or Spyro. Also they're owned by Activision, which makes it easier to get them in the game.

Nominations: Xurkitree x5

Predictions: Fire emblem spear user: 10%

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nathan Drake

That tenth of a percent is due to him being an iconic video game character. Otherwise, he's a first party Sony character...not a good thing to be.

Want: 99%
Can't give him a full 100 due to lacking Nintendo relevance in any way. That being said, Nathan Drake is one of the biggest video game icons not yet in Smash. He's a quick-witted and charming character brimming with personality, and alongside Kratos I would say he's the character most emblematic of the PlayStation brand. He was also fun as all hell in PSASBR. Sackboy would be my preferred Sony character, but Nathan Drake is a very close second.

On another note, you can very easily see who's wearing Nintendo-focused goggles if someone responds with "Literally Who" today. Preemptive Yikes.

Merric x5
THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

October 3: Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User
October 4: Concept: Hanafuda Character
October 5: Rowlet (Pokémon)
October 6: Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC
October 7: Amaterasu (Okami)
October 8: Ray (Custom Robo)

October 9: Thwomp (Mario)

Surprisingly, Fire Emblem Spear User managed to stage an upset and take number 1. Even more surprisingly, Thwomp managed to hold on to his spot in the top seven. If I were a gambling man, I’d have bet on No More Stages taking that spot by a long margin - but I guess I would have lost!

The new top seven consists of No More Stages, Linkle, Fjorm, Louie, Rick, Coo & Kine, Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode and DeMille.

No More Stages x236
Linkle x227
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x210
Louie x200
Rick/Coo/Kine x197
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x197
DeMille x193

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Reimu Hakurei x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Dovahkiin x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Susie Haltmann x124
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Edelgard x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Black Knight as a boss character x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Kyo Kusanagi x85
Silvally x84
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
9-Volt x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Sans as a boss character x65
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x63
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
The Prince (Katamari) x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Concept: Cross series Echoes x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Adeleine x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Concept: DLC character pass x30
Stage: Melemele Island x30
Box Theory x29
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
[Rerate] Steve? x19
Sub-Zero x17
Saki Amamiya x17
Joker (Persona) x16
Quote x16
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Sora x10
Bub & Bob x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Blog Theory x7
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Concept: Danganronpa music x5
Merric (Fire Emblem) x5
Conker x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
[Rerate] Porky Minch x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x1
Goomba x1

Today’s newcomers are Elite Beat Agents, and Goomba, each with 5 noms.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Here you go!

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Ray wasn’t in danger of getting left off the top 7, so your nominations were allocated to Quote.
Were my nominations yesterday not counted?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nathan Drake

That tenth of a percent is due to him being an iconic video game character. Otherwise, he's a first party Sony character...not a good thing to be.

Want: 99%
Can't give him a full 100 due to lacking Nintendo relevance in any way. That being said, Nathan Drake is one of the biggest video game icons not yet in Smash. He's a quick-witted and charming character brimming with personality, and alongside Kratos I would say he's the character most emblematic of the PlayStation brand. He was also fun as all hell in PSASBR. Sackboy would be my preferred Sony character, but Nathan Drake is a very close second.

On another note, you can very easily see who's wearing Nintendo-focused goggles if someone responds with "Literally Who" today. Preemptive Yikes.

Merric x5

Were my nominations yesterday not counted?
They weren’t counted, not enough reasoning. Sorry.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They weren’t counted, not enough reasoning. Sorry.
I'm gonna have to call BS on that. I gave two valid points against the character, but because the punctuation was a comma instead of a period it's suddenly an issue? If it would have been counted if it were drawn out into two sentences despite including literally the same content, it should count.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nathan Drake

I'm abstaining on chance. As for want, I'll give him 30%. I did actually play his games when I got a PS4. It came with Uncharted 4, but not really wanting to start at the 4th entry in the series, I went I bought the Nathan Drake Collection (it was $20 on Amazon why wouldn't I?). I played through the trilogy but ironically have yet to play Uncharted 4. It's never a good idea to play through the same type of game back-to-back. Either way, while I wouldn't call them the best games I ever played, but for what they were I liked them.

Black Knight as a boss character x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm gonna have to call BS on that. I gave two valid points against the character, but because the punctuation was a comma instead of a period it's suddenly an issue? If it would have been counted if it were drawn out into two sentences despite including literally the same content, it should count.

I looked at the post. Rules are rules, and I do not like making exceptions. I'm saying no to this one.

Now just a quick rating from me.

Nathan Drake
0% Chance

A flat zero. I do not give these often, but damn does Nathan deserve this one. For one, he is owned by Direct competition. That alone knocks him down so hard. Granted, Master Chief, Banjo, and Steve are owned by direct competition. But they have actual pushes for smash or are highly iconic. Banjo has one of the most active fanbases for smash, and regularly tops fan speculation. Banjo is such a popular character that even Phil Spencer is ok with the idea of him being in smash. Master Chief is from the most iconic FPS of all time. Halo is one of the biggest games of all time and is Microsoft's golden boy. Minecraft is the second best selling game of all time. And Uncharted? While it is popular, I would not call Uncharted that iconic. While Uncharted is definitely something that PS3 and PS4 owners would be familiar with, I do not think Nathan Drake is that iconic. When I think of Uncharted, I think of the adventure and how it feels like the Indiana Jones game we should have gotten. I do not think of Nathan. Nathan is not even the most iconic character in Sony's lineup. I would argue that Ratchet and Clank and Kratos are more iconic than him. And in terms of popularity, what vein of support does Nathan have? Nathan is far from a requested character. It will not happen.

30% Want

Uncharted is ok, but I do not want a rep from it. I feel Nathan would not be super interesting. Even in his niche, I would much rather have Lara Croft. Lara is far more iconic than Nathan Drake, has had more of an effect on gaming history, and is overall a cooler character in my opinion. I just feel that Nathan Drake would not be visually interesting. An uncharted stage would be cool though since there are many awesome locations from the series.

Nominating Sora rerate x 5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I looked at the post. Rules are rules, and I do not like making exceptions. I'm saying no to this one.

Now just a quick rating from me.

Nathan Drake
0% Chance

A flat zero. I do not give these often, but damn does Nathan deserve this one. For one, he is owned by Direct competition. That alone knocks him down so hard. Granted, Master Chief, Banjo, and Steve are owned by direct competition. But they have actual pushes for smash or are highly iconic. Banjo has one of the most active fanbases for smash, and regularly tops fan speculation. Banjo is such a popular character that even Phil Spencer is ok with the idea of him being in smash. Master Chief is from the most iconic FPS of all time. Halo is one of the biggest games of all time and is Microsoft's golden boy. Minecraft is the second best selling game of all time. And Uncharted? While it is popular, I would not call Uncharted that iconic. While Uncharted is definitely something that PS3 and PS4 owners would be familiar with, I do not think Nathan Drake is that iconic. When I think of Uncharted, I think of the adventure and how it feels like the Indiana Jones game we should have gotten. I do not think of Nathan. Nathan is not even the most iconic character in Sony's lineup. I would argue that Ratchet and Clank and Kratos are more iconic than him. And in terms of popularity, what vein of support does Nathan have? Nathan is far from a requested character. It will not happen.

30% Want

Uncharted is ok, but I do not want a rep from it. I feel Nathan would not be super interesting. Even in his niche, I would much rather have Lara Croft. Lara is far more iconic than Nathan Drake, has had more of an effect on gaming history, and is overall a cooler character in my opinion. I just feel that Nathan Drake would not be visually interesting. An uncharted stage would be cool though since there are many awesome locations from the series.

Nominating Sora rerate x 5
I mean that's fine and all. Just don't pretend the rule is about content when it's solely about length.

Top Bottom