• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Medusa

Chance: 20%

I'm not expecting a new Kid Icarus fighter, and she didn't have as big of a role in Uprising as other characters. She does have some popularity, and is probably the most likely Kid Icarus newcomer anyway since she could be an echo. I feel like Sakurai would go for other echoes instead though.

Want: 20%

There's other potential echoes I'm more interested in. I'm good on Kid Icarus, and she wasn't a favorite of mine in Uprising. I wouldn't hate her, though.

Tapu Koko

Chance: ABSTAIN

Not rating specific gen 7 newcomers in chance, but I think this one has the potential to surprise people.

Want: 15%

Not my last choice for a gen 7 'mon, but not one of my first either. I'm not all that big on the Tapus, honestly.

Nominations: Gardevoir x10

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Medusa
Chance: 30%
She's definitely viable to be an Echo, she has pretty much the same body type, any changes that would need to be made wouldn't be too demanding relative to characters like Chrom, and she's always had an underground fanbase that has supported her since Smash 4. Her biggest issue I feel is that her popularity isn't as strong as other characters from Uprising, and in Uprising itself she gets pretty sidelined relative to other characters. So it's really a matter of whether her fanbase and history is strong enough to get Sakurai to consider her and if he's willing to do another Echo for Kid Icarus.

Want: 70%
Not my favorite from Uprising, but I like her and I feel she would make for a good Echo of Palutena due to her nature and image.

Tapu Koko
I'm not really sure on this one. There's no doubting that story-wise, this guy is very important, it appears very early in the story, it has notable moments throughout the story, and it's always been pretty promoted out of the legendary Pokémon of the Generation. It definitely has the notability to at least be considered, and due to that it does make it a viable candidate. However, while it's pushed in the story and promotion, it still is behind other Pokémon in terms of prominence like the Starters and Lycanroc, and due to that I feel it falls short of those options and may not be considered over them. It definitely has a good chance, but I'm not sure if it's really that strong

Want: 65%
It was one of my favorite Legendaries out of the generation thanks to its lore, design, and personality, but I'm not as invested in seeing it in Smash like I am the other options.

Nominations: Silvally x5

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I'm...surprised we didn't think about that, actually. Inconsequential as it may seem, Sakurai wouldn't overlook shared names like that in-game.
I don't think it's a big deal. He wouldn't overlook it, but I don't think he worries too much about names. If he thinks the stage boss is too similar to KI Medusa, that's a different story, but it's still a different series stage boss compared to a potential newcomer.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Medusa

Chance: 25%

Knowing Sakurai's bias for the Kid Icarus series and her status as the original main villain of the Kid Icarus franchise, Medusa seems like a decent choice for the next Kid Icarus rep. She can even make a fitting Echo of Palutena since the two have a similar body type and can utilize similar magic.

Her main hurdles are her competition. Viridi and Hades are also plausible picks to be the next KI newcomers, and they even have about the same if not more support amongst the Smash fanbase than Medusa has. Add to the limited newcomer roster space, and I'd say Medusa's chances are not high.

Want: 55%

If we're to get another Kid Icarus newcomer, she's my personal choice. I like her well enough, and she can make a plausible Palutena Echo. She could even make use of some dark magic, which I'm sure Smash could benefit from.

------

We need some fitting music for this rating.

Perfect!

Tapu Koko

Chance: 35%

It's one of the forerunners for a Gen 7 newcomer. There are several factors going for Tapu Koko. It's a popular Pokemon that also been promoted a lot by Gamefreak. It has a major role in the anime because of its interactions with Ash (in fact, it's the Tapu that has the most interactions with him as far as I'm aware), and it even has a prominent role in the S/M games' story as one of the first Pokemon you meet before you get your starter, the Tapu that has its own cutscene of facing a UB when Lusamine opens the Ultra Wormholes across Alola, and it serves as a "final battle" of sorts with its legendary battle during the ending sequence (it's the Pokemon that begins and ends your journey in that sense). Out of all the Tapus, Tapu Koko has the best shot at joining the roster for these reasons.

From a design stand point, if we're to consider the possibility of Sakurai choosing it based on concept-art and what it can do to differentiate itself from other Pokemon, it does have that unique appeal. It can hide with its mask to create a shield of sorts, and while its typing is shared with Pikachu and Jigglypuff, it can stand out by using different Electric attacks from the former and actually use Fairy-type attacks compared to the latter. It could even use moves like Brave Bird and Nature's Blessing to give it a more unique flair (as well as using that Tapu Z-move for its Final Smash).

Like other Alola Pokemon, competition is its biggest issue. Decidueye, Incineroar, and Lycanroc are all just as prominent and popular as Tapu Koko is, though those three have the added advantage of being more supported by the Smash fanbase. If the recent Vergeben leak is anything to go by, Tapu Koko seems like a possibility since it isn't Decidueye or Lycanroc, but the same leak also supports Incineroar, who is arguably more likely for reasons already stated.

Want: 90%

It's one of my favorite Pokemon from Alola. I really like its design, backstory, and personality. It was even a memorable character in the Sun and Moon anime. I'd say it's on its way to becoming one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon overall, and its usefulness in competitive play was another contributing factor. It makes an awesome special sweeper, and it proved to be my MVP in my Battle Tree run.

I'd love to see Tapu Koko in Smash. I can imagine it standing out from Pikachu as a more destructive Electric attacker by utilizing stronger Electric-type attacks like Discharge and Electro Ball. It could perhaps even utilize Electric Terrain as its unique element on the Smash roster where it could electrify the ground on a Smash stage to power up its Electric-type attacks. It could also use moves like Brave Bird and Nature's Blessing to reference its destructive power as an Island Guardian. Its mannerisms when fighting could convey its character quite nicely: quite aggressive and angry when it attacks, yet curious and even cute in its idle animations, taunts, and victory animations.

I still prefer seeing Primarina being added as the main Gen 7 rep for Smash Ultimate, but if Tapu Koko is chosen instead, I'll gladly welcome its inclusion.

------

Predictions

Monster Hunter stage: 41.14%

No comment.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5
Only 4-6 newcomers in the base roster: x5

Flicks1999

Smash Rookie
Medusa
Chance 35%
I feel like giving Medusa this rating is generous in my opinion, but I don’t think she has a strong chance in smash. She would be a good echo and could definitely use her snake hair, her head popping off, and maybe some sort of stone stare for stunning opponents as moves. She also is one of the few enemies that appeared in both Kid Icarus games which helps her case for being in smash, however, she lacks a strong demand from fans and I also feel like having two unique and two echo fighters from the Kid Icarus franchise in smash would make some people upset. Along with the fact that Sakurai has stated he is using the smash ballot as a reference this time around, gives Medusa a “not so good” chance.

Want 40%
There are a couple of other Kid Icarus characters I would rather have first before Medusa, but she definitely isn’t my least wanted in the franchise. I also like her design and feel like if she isn’t a playable character then I would love to see her as a stage hazard boss.

Tapu Koko
Chance 2%
I feel like this character is not going to happen at all. Putting into account the fact that the roster was most likely finalized in 2016 and the idea that Sakurai had to use only art design as well as a speculation on what Pokémon would be popular during the release of Sun and Moon, Tapu Kokos chances are slim to none even though his part in the games are important. I just dont think Sakurai would have chosen him over other curtain gen 7 Pokemon.

Want 5%
We already have two playable electric Pokemon as well as a playable fairy type so the idea of him being playable doesn’t marinate well with me. I feel we deserve a ghost, dragon, or rock type representative over Tapu Koko, but I could see a pretty cool moveset for him which gives him the 5%. I also just don’t care about the art design for him compared to other Pokemon fighter requests.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Since this is our first double day in a while, I’m gonna extend it to tomorrow. It’s my moms birthday so I’m beat and I have a big update planned for tomorrow. I’ll get my ratings in now, but just letting everyone know that for this day I am extending it to tomorrow. This will not happen with the previously scheduled double days in the fixed schedule, this is just for personal reasons and to give people a bit more time. On 8/29 ~11:00PM EDT the day will end. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Medusa

70% chance

Palutena lacking customs is a big red flag. Her defining gimmick was her diverse custom set. No it’s gone. To me that makes an echo of her to pick up the pieces more likely. Medusa fits that bill well. Her being a villain also works out. However, Medusa is held back by KI being a small series. Perhaps 4 reps is too much even if 2 are echos.

55% want

Ehh shes cool enough. Her best aspect is her being a villain and hopefully having lightweight and jump glide.

Tapu Koko

Abstain chance

I’m torn because on one hand Verg is going in on incineroar looking at his posts. Even discounting that I feel Lycanroc makes more sense

0% want

I find it’s mocesey potential boring. Honestly my least fav choice for a rep. I like it as a pokemon, but in smash? It sounds terrible.

Nominating Ninten x 10

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
It's interesting how echoes have given certain characters a boost in attention. I remember a point around 2011 when everyone knew Wii U was getting Smash but nothing else about it, when Medusa was considered the next KI rep and was much more popular than Palutena. In fact since we knew little about Uprising, Medusa was the more or less the only one discussed.

Then Uprising came out and Smash 4 was formally shown, and due to their huge roles in Uprising, Palutena was rightfully considered the next in line, followed by Hades. Medusa was mostly forgotten, and even a character like Magnus was considered as or more likely than her. Hades had a ton of popularity and support around here for most of Smash 4's life, then the giant curveball of Dark Pit happened.

Half a decade and +2 KI characters later and the only KI rep we are seriously talking about is once again Medusa. It'll be interesting to see if she finally gets her chance, many years after her original speculation era has passed.

Last edited:

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Medusa

Kid Icarus really needs a villain and I believe Medusa is the perfect candidate. The only problem is that her fellow Kid Icarus villain, Hades, might have more chance of making it in than Medusa. But who knows, she might make it in.

Want: 25%
Not really that interested about Medusa. But I wouldn't mind if she somehow make it in.

Tapu Koko

Chance: 10%
Tapu Koko may have been the more famous of the Island Guardians, but it still has to compete with Decidueye, Incineroar or even Buzzwole. And even then, we already have Pikachu and Pichu representing the Electric type.

Want: 90%
Tapu Koko is my favorite Island Guardian, second being Lele. And it would make my dream come true if it does get in, be it as a playable character or as a Pokeball.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Medusa's abilities are too different from Palutena's for me to see an echo of her happening. To me, comparing Medusa to Palutena is like comparing apples to oranges. Some of Palutena's moves would not fit well with Medusa (Noting the moves where Palu uses light and her angelic wings in her special moves, aerials, Smash attacks) characterization wise. I feel Hades as an echo of Ganondorf is more likely in the scenario Kid Icarus gets an extra filler fighter. At the very least, Hades is characterized as being skilled in hand-to-hand combat, not being as contrasting/distinct in abilities out of all potential Kid Icarus candidates for me to see Sakurai possibly perceive Hades as a viable echo of Ganonorf (whose primary use of combat in Smash is not the magic he can use within the Zelda series, but his physical abilities.).

-----------

x10 Hanafuda character

Last edited:

Scipion3

Smash Cadet
Honestly a lot of people talk about Medusa being an echo of Palutena. But I think she is enough different to be an original character or a semi-clone of Palutena.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Medusa
Chance: 30% She's too distinct from Palutena to be an Echo,
Want: 10% I'm not really interested in new KI characters.

Tapu Koko
Chance: 0% Vergeben and other leakers are betting on Incineroar and they are very credible.
Want: 0% Not really interested in this Pokemon.

Nominate: Kat & Ana x10

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Madusa
Chance/want: 50%
It's possible with lots of series for what it seems they are all getting at least 1 new character.

Tapu Koko
chance:25%
I dont know if he'll get in or the starter from that gen. more likely the latter.

Want: 0%
really dont care too much on legendary pokemon.

Nomination Django x10

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Technically Medusa is already a stage boss in Dracula's Castle so 100% as a Stage Boss. 0% Playable
Tapu Koko, honestly I'd think the Tapus would all be playable in all four variants and their shiny forms and borrow each other's attacks as pallete swaps if they were playable at all. But hey, that's just a theory... An unpopular theory! I rate Tapu koko's chances at 0% with a 0.1% margin of error.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Honestly a lot of people talk about Medusa being an echo of Palutena. But I think she is enough different to be an original character or a semi-clone of Palutena.
She definitely has the potential to be unique, but with limited space on the roster and KI being a dormant series an echo is pretty much her best bet. She lines up with Palutena pretty well and is Sakurai's own creation/update, so the only thing stopping her for being an echo is if Sakurai wants her to be one.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
MEDUSA

I could see her be a unique or echo character but she isn't the most requested character.

Don't know much about her and don't really care if she makes it in or not.

TAPU KOKO

Tapu Koko is a fairly requested Pokémon Gen 7 rep to enter Smash Bros, but gets slightly overshadowed by Decidueye and Incineroar. Also it would have to get in via the Greninja method with concept art.

Want: 75%
Though I would rather see Xurkitree as an electric rep for Ultimate, Tapu Koko would be really cool as a character and would have a very interesting moveset.

Prediction: Monster Hunter stage: 60%

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Medusa

She would be great to represent the villain of Kid Icarus, but her relevancy and the fact that she's competing with Hades for the spot kinda hinders her chances a little bit.

Want: 10%
I really don't know that much about her and even if I did, I don't think she'll make it in as Kid Icarus' villain. Hades is better suited for the role.

Tapu Koko

Chance: 5%
We already have Pikachu and Pichu representing the electric typing, so that already makes it's chances lower. Also, it faces fierce competition with Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc and Buzzwole.

Want: 80%
Despite having so many competitions, I wouldn't mind Tapu Koko getting in instead of one of it's competitions. It's going to have a unique moveset and I really like to see how are they gonna implement Electric Terrain into Smash.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Medusa: 40%
She is the most likely KI newcomer, with more history than any other potential character and the only recurring villain . She's also a perfect candidate for an Echo of Palutena. She uses a similar moveset and weapon and furthermore in the lore of KI she was the dark counterpart to Palutena.

Want 100% She has a great design, she'd be our first female villain and her American voice actor is one of the best working voice actors, period. One of the characters I'm most hoping for

Tapu Koko: 5%
I don't really see this happening, he just doesn't stand out to me, to be frank no pokemon in this gen screams "Playable in Smash" to me.

Want: 0% he's ugly

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Medusa

Want: 20%

She's certainly possible as a Palutena echo. But I don't know. I certainly don't see any potential evidence of her inclusion.

Tapu Koko

Chance: 10%
Want:5%

It's certainly likely that the gen7 Pokemon will be Incineroar or Primarina based on Vergeben and the time the roster was finalized.

Hilda x5
Concept: More Than 5 Unique Newcomers x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over, update was delayed due to some car issues. Rate Concept: Monster Hunter stage and predict Concept: Story Mode.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Monster Hunter Stage

Chance: 5%
Not sure if we'll be getting anymore stages at this rate. If there was a MH stage, they would have gone in-depth about it when they revealed the MH assist trophy.

Want: 45%
More stages is always good though I'd prefer more from Nintendo series.

Story mode chance prediction:
53.84%

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x10

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Concept: Monster Hunter Stage

Chance: 1%
With a crazy amount of 103 stages, I highly doubt they would add more stages, unless it's DLC. Besides, it's really weird to add a stage from a third-party series witout adding that series' playable character.

Want: 75%
I would absolutely love to have a Monster Hunter stage in the game. Just imagine the potential of other monsters in the background as stage hazards.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten x293
Django x275
Terry Bogard x267
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x260
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x260
Concept: Hanafuda Character x252
Rowlet x250

Over 200

Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x215
Ray x213

200 - 151

Jin Kazama x200
Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Gardevoir x185
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x183
Papyrus x180
Louie x160
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x160
Nathan Drake x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Stage: Poke Floats x130
No More Stages x130
2B x126
Rick/Coo/Kine x124
Barbara x122
Amaterasu x120
Item: Beast Ball x118
Klonoa x117
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x110
Raiden x105
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x102

100 - 51

Fjorm x100
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x98
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Edelgard x95
Gooey x94
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Zeraora (Pokemon) x89
Dovahkiin x85
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Frank West x60
Guzma (Pokémon) x60
Reimu Hakurei x60
Slime x58
Chorus Kids x56
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Black Knight as a boss character x40
Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Adeleine x34
Silvally x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25

Under 25

Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x24
Master Chief x20
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sans as a boss character x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x15
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x10
Kat & Ana x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Diskun x1

Terry Bogard hops over Phoenix Wright for that third place. The surprise support by a single other person helps Reinhardt’s trophy tie with Wright for fourth.

Nathan Drake crashes past 150 noms (funny to see him gaining such overwhelming support just as I’m playing the trilogy collection. Might join in myself)

Amaterasu, Punch-Out newcomer and Fatal Frame Protagonist cross 100 nominations.

Guzma and Reimu Hakurei get past 50 nominations.

Adeleine and Silvally pass 25 nominations.

New challengers arrive at the scene: Kat & Ana, and a rerate of Cranky Kong (10 each), Cooking Mama and a playable Master Hand (5 each).

@Final Smash Gamer A reminder that unless you write at least two sentences your nominations will not be counted. Abstaining is fine though.

Sigran101 Sigran101 The Black Knight is already scheduled to be rated, so you might wanna nominate someone else.

CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica As far as TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom told me, the 10 nominations end when the fixed days start, so today would be the last day with ten nominations.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Monster Hunter stage:

Chance: 10: Feel like we'd already know about it if there was one since they showed off other Monster Hunter stuff already. Never know though

Want: 10: We already have a lot of stages. Outside of adding more for DLC or other 3rd party characters I don't think we really need any more.

Nomination:
Nathan Drake x 10

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
MH Stage

Depends on if we get more stages really. If we do get a few more, then MH is probably one of them since they bothered to get the assets for Ancestral Steppe from MH4(U), updated it, and even licensed music from the series, which is more then almost all (if not all of) the SSE stages got back in Brawl.

Want: 100%
My bias is in play of course, but Ancestral Steppe would allow for a great stage. While the area we see in the Direct is just a field, the actual area in the game is a lot more varied with cliffs, rock formations, jungle areas, and the like, and you can pick any particular one and use that for many unique setups for platforms and hazards. It'd also allow for so many great tracks from the series to be present such as Mizutsine, Lagiacrus/Deserted Island, Shagaru Magala, Dhisufirora and the area's own battle theme, so even if just for that I'd love to see it be made into a stage.

Nominations: Silvally x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Monster Hunter stage

Chance: 0%
If one existed, it would have been shown with Rathalos and its boss arena.

Not a big fan of wanton third party representation. Stages are how many Nintendo games without a chance of getting a playable character can still be represented, so seeing that too become a place to prioritize third parties for quick hype factor would not go down well.

Story mode prediction: 89%
Feeling confident.

Nominations: NintenX10 (Bogard will probably pass him in two days’ time, but at least he managed to cross 300)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Monster Hunter stage
Chance: 2%
I'm of the belief we have no more stages left, plus if it had an actual stage, the Rathalos assist trophy would have had a symbol on the blog
Want:5%
Eh, not really interested, but it would be ok

Question about story, Are we talking about cut scenes, plot and more. Or just something small.

Nominate no more stages xMax

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
MH Stage

If you unlock extra stages from the unannounced mode, then it's probably in. Otherwise, we're looking at a boss-only stage.

Want: abstain
Not familiar, wouldn't mind, just make it a manageable stage

Nominations
Terry Bogard x 10

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunter Stage

Chance: 50%
Honestly I have no idea whats going on with Rathalos and where he's appearing. I'm just going to call it a 50/50 shot and leave it at that

Played Monster Hunter once, it just wasn't for me. I'd rather see a new stage from the games I like but I'd keep an open mind to a Monster Hunter stage

Nominations:
Zeraora x5
Silvally x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
MH stage

Chance: 1%
Would've likely already been shown next to the Rathalos Assist Trophy.

Nothing against Monster Hunter but it seems we'll get a limited amount of new stages this time around, so I'd rather have them spend the resources on some other stage.

Story Mode: 38.36%

Punch Out newcomer x10

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter stage

To me Rathalos being an AT and a boss rather nullifies the idea of a Monster Hunter stage, and I also don't see a third-party stage without a fighter from the same IP.
Know next to nothing about Monster Hunter as it's not an IP for me.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Story mode prediction: 62.31%

Also GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I fixed my previous post.
EDIT: Better now?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Monster Hunter stage

To me Rathalos being an AT and a boss rather nullifies the idea of a Monster Hunter stage, and I also don't see a third-party stage without a fighter from the same IP.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Story mode prediction: 62.31%

Also GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I fixed my previous post.
This post is also a single sentence...

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter Stage
Chance - 5%
Since Rathalos was introduced as a boss, I guess it could be argued they might have had a stage confirmed with that plains that the boss fight took place, but it looked too generic to likely count as one. Besides that, I doubt we'll get a regular stage for them unless Monster Hunter makes it in as DLC. So it might happen come DLC.
Want - 95%
They have some very beautiful areas on their maps. Also the idea of a stage hazard monster or two could be fun. But even if not, it'd likely be very pretty.

Noms 10x Gardevoir

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter Stage

If we were getting any more Monster Hunter content, we would've most probably seen it either before or alongside the Rathalos. A wide, featureless expanse does not make for much of a stage, especially when Monster Hunter environments are usually filled to the brim with flora and fauna, so it's unlikely that whatever stage it is that featured Rathalos isn't one meant for multiplayer use.

It's very possible that the stage simply wasn't ready yet for the August Direct, but in most cases, delaying Rathalos until the stage was ready for a double-whammy would've had a much bigger impact. It'd be a little like getting Dracula in the E3 Direct and the Castlevania stage only much later, except without any character reveals involved.

Want: 50%
We've yet to see third-parties get their own stages without an accompanying character, and I expect we'll see Minecraft be the first to do so over Monster Hunter. But I don't see any reason Monster Hunter can't be included later on, especially if Deviljhos are involved.

Prediction:
Concept: Story Mode: 74%

Nominations:
Guzma x10

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Concept: Monster Hunter Stage

Want: Abstain

That stage we saw Rathalos in is either a new playable stage, or from that Spirits Mode people refer to the blurred out mode as. Though since Rathalos is both a boss in that stage, and a Assist Trophy, that stage could be from that new mode. Maybe the stage is neither, and we're getting a Boss Mode that's entirely separate from whatever Spirits is suppose to be.

Nominations
Black Knight as a boss character x10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dragonslayer Stage

One thing is for certain: we saw the Rathalos fight somewhere.

It may be a stage in this new ‘Spirits’ mode. Or it may be a new stage from MH. But it is in existence...

Now it did look relatively flat and featureless, but then again so did Drac’s castle when he bothered to show up. There’s likely a boss mode of sorts, and it may be that there are special flat versions of the stages for just that purpose - and that’s what we saw.

I’m not buying that we’ve seen all of the stages yet, but I’m not really particular about what we end up with (unless they give us a Skyrim stahe with a playable Dragonborn). I’ll sit this want score out.

Nom: Dovahkiin and Unpopular newcomer x5 each

Top Bottom