• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Cardboard Man
Chance: 0% He's a literal stick figure with no emphasis in the games itself. There was a fun gif that someone made, but it was entirely fanmade.
Laboman Gif
Want: 0% He's not a good representation of Labo, and Labo, in general, is too unproven to warrant a representative.

Nominations:
No More Stages x5
I'd really appreciate some help for this concept. Basically, the number of stages in the game is 103. This does not include DLC, or stages in a Single Player mode.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Laboman
Chance-5% R.O.B and Game and Watch happened so...

Want-5% Could be interesting but.... Eh?

Nominations:
Valve Representative in Smash x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Labo Man
Chance: 0% -
He's a fan character... guess it's time to start suggesting our cringy Sonic OCs! I guess if you want to be technical the stickman is an actual Labo thing (not that Labo has any chance of appearing in this game or being utilized at all here). Either way, the only reason this has gained any traction was from that stupid GIF that a fan made. Unlike Mr. Game & Watch, which is a Sakurai-created persona and amalgamation of the Game & Watch titles, the form of Labo man you all expect will never be the final form of Labo representation in Smash (if by some weird chance it ever gets represented by anything more than a stage or assist trophy in the first place, which I doubt it will.) And no, R.O.B.'s inclusion as a peripheral has no effect on this as literally everything R.O.B. can do is completely made up for Smash anyway (I don't even know why he's in to be honest).
Want: 0% - Labo is another gimmick-based novelty, and one for very young kids at that. As with Minecraft, Mario Maker, and Mario Paint, the things fans can create with these tools are truly astounding, but as someone with little creative or constructive talent, I literally could not give a Raticate's ass about Nintendo Labo.

Prediction: Ryu Hayabusa
Chance: 20.21%
Want: 30.36%

Nominations:
Frank West x5

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Labo Guy

Chance-1%. He's far too recent to get in, especially in a very fanservice game. Only reason he's not a 0 is because I think very few characters are impossible

Want: Abstain

Nominations: Blacephalon x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
haha finally labo man my votes for months

chance 5%
way to recent and not a popular choice. Ultimate is just fan demanded charcters and he is nowhere near being consedered for this game.

want 95%
I got king k rool in so I'm happy for him beyond belive for him. I just want labo man for sakuria to really go all out with him like rob and wii fit trainer. Sadly he is just to late to the game and I doubt that he will make DLC would be fun though

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Labo Man

Chance: 1%
As of right now, there's no real reason to believe we will get something to represent Labo, since we already have ROB (which is way more iconic) and it's too new to be considered as part of the final roster, but it's not impossible.

Want: 18%
It could be interesting and funny when I get used to it, but a reveal would probably make me kind of mad since there are other much more deserving characters.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Labo

Chance 0%
Want 10
It's way too soon, we have limited space and I believe we've seen every stage (although it could get in without one)

nominate no more stages xMax

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Chance - 5% didnt this bomb or something?

Want - 5% could be a fun gimmick character, but I rather have Waluigi, Chibi Robo, and Banjo 1st

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Labo man

Chance - 0% - I think we would get the Labo bot, seeing as it's an actual character. The G&W serries lacked a distinct character, so one had to be made. One does exist for this one, so I don't see why they would have to get creative.

Want - 20% - I have always wanted a Mech fighter in Smash Bros. Labo bot is the closest will ever get, so getting someone else would esentally destroy his chances.

Prediction

Ryu Hayabusa - 13.32% - Not great, but not unlikely.

Nominations

Nihilego X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Labo Man

The timing is terrible, especially for a more unusual character and super new IP. I don't even think it has much of a chance for DLC, to be honest.

Want: 20%

Meh. Not extremely opposed to Labo representation but it still doesn't interest me. This isn't even what I'd add as the character if I had to put something in, either.

Nominations: Heihachi x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Labo Man

Seems like the Labo Robot would be easier to include, but either way, the game is a bit niche. I thought the Labo stuff looked like it could be fun, but probably a bit gimmicky, like the amount of effort/cost/storage space to fun might not be worth it. Also I'm not clear what the intention is here... would the Joy-Con be part of the fighter or would that be left out?

I'm not really sure about the moveset potential and the like, but I'll assume there's enough there. But cardboard cut-out from a series that only released during the development and hasn't been a big hit and is kind of a strange choice in general... doesn't seem too likely.

Labo Man chance: 2%
Labo Man want: 30%
Doesn't seem that appealing to me. There are better WTF characters too.

Zero-Robot

Smash Rookie
Labo Man

Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

The only representation of Nintendo Labo that I see possible in smash is a trophy. And maybe an item. Beyond that I find it very unlikely and unnecessary. It would be a waste of slot. But who knows if Wii fit trainer is in wouldn't rule anything out.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Labo Man

Chance: 10%
It must really suck to be a Switch-debuting franchise, huh? Too late to get a solid slot into Smash Ultimate's roster, but too early to dream of getting into the Smash that comes after.

I have little doubt, though, that Sakurai would've jumped onto a character like this, but he'd have to make much more liberal use of Labo's games than what Labo Man himself does.

Want: 25%
While the novelty is sound, I'm a tad bit afraid that they'd feel compelled to make use of Labo's features and incorporate custom cardboard creations for his appearance. Because if they don't, then it just be "another" character with an otherwise not-too-exciting moveset, so it's a bit of an oddity in terms of wanting him in. I can support representing Labo, but getting a moveset for them might be more trouble than it's worth.

Prediction
Ryu Hayabusa: 3.3%

Nominations
Tapu Koko x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
labo man you say?

chances: 0% theres no chance hes in the base game, kind of surprised no one's made a support thread for him surely hes no more illegitimate than r.o.b

want: 70% for some reason a small cardboard man with pulling out toy cons for attacks appeals to me

fallengone

Smash Rookie
tales of phantasia dhaos was on gba and super nintdo a villian Chance 20% want 50%
Tales of the abyss guy ECHO of llyod was on 3ds chance 10% want 5%
tales of symphonia lloyd wii and gamecube game was a mii out wit chance 50% want 100%
Tales of berseria velvet she is an anti hero also the theme of the smash ball king k rools and some other reveils if you played the game she has a strong chance of being a true 3rd party rep chance 50% want 100% we need more anti heros
tales of vestperia estelle projext x zone new game on switch anti hero and is a femal chance 30% want 70%

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
tales of phantasia dhaos was on gba and super nintdo a villian Chance 20% want 50%
Tales of the abyss guy ECHO of llyod was on 3ds chance 10% want 5%
tales of symphonia lloyd wii and gamecube game was a mii out wit chance 50% want 100%
Tales of berseria velvet she is an anti hero also the theme of the smash ball king k rools and some other reveils if you played the game she has a strong chance of being a true 3rd party rep chance 50% want 100% we need more anti heros
tales of vestperia estelle projext x zone new game on switch anti hero and is a femal chance 30% want 70%
Please read the OP before posting here, because you're doing it wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Labo Man

Double zeroes for me. Not a fan of the idea. It just seems like a novelty and I wasn't really a fan of the somewhat generic moveset gif that's been floating around.

Nominating Reinhardt trophy x5

D

Deleted member

Labo man

Chance 0.1% way to new and labo is almost dead in the water anyways

Want 25% i wouldn't complain but not ecstatic about it
Nominations Metal sonic x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Labo Man chances: 2%
Three words: way too recent. There has been some speculation about a representative for Arms and Xenoblade 2, but this one goes over the top when it comes to recency. Considering the track record of Ultimate newcomers, I don't expect characters to be added primarily for their "relevance" outside of a new Pokémon. Prime candidate for DLC though.

Labo man want: 20%
It could be a funny idea I admit, but there are many other characters who feel like fan favorites and as a result need to get in the base game rather than something released this year.

The other Ryu prediction: 12.89%

Nominating:

New item: Beast Ball x1
Playable newcomer: Ken x4

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Labo Man

Chance and Want:

Regarding Chance:

He is too new to be considered. Labo didn't release until two years after the roster was decided. I'm not sure when Nintendo first came up with Labo, but something tells me this was decided on more recently and not in 2014/2015.

Regarding Want:

For a surprise joke character, I can see the appeal, but I feel like now is not the time, not to mention that I think there are better choices.

------

Predictions

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden): 5.31%

No comment.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Labo Man
-Very Unlikely.
Want: 1%
-Not really interested. However, the whole Labo thing could work as an item or even a stage.

Prediction
Ryu Hayabusa: 3.5%

Nomination
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Labo Man

Chance and Want: 0.5%

Not very likely with the theme of fanservice and the fact the game was developed before the Switch came out.

Ryu Hayabusa Prediction: 8.5%

Nominate Concept: More Than 5 Unique Newcomers x5

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Labo Man

Chance: 0%
Considering that it came way too late before the roster was finalized, it's highly unlikely for someone like Labo Man to make it in the base roster. He might have a shot at being DLC, however.

Want: 25%
I like the concept of Labo and as much as I like it to be represented in the game, I don't think he has moveset potential that can go with Labo Man. I wouldn't mind having him in the game, though.

Nominations:
Saber (Artoria Pendragon) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Labo Man
Chance: 0% - Appeared far too late for SSB5. As far as characters based loosely off of console add-ons go, the so called Labo Man doesn’t have nearly the same historical relevance as ROB or Duck Hunt.
Want: 0% - If we’re getting any character made out of recyclable materials, it’s going to be Paper Mario.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Laboman

With the exception of Richter, Ultimate's character choices have been aimed at fan-service. Laboman is far too niche and with the project plan being proposed in 2015 he's also way too new.
Want: 30%
I love R.O.B. so I wouldn't be against another strange hardware based character. That said I won't lose sleep if he doesn't make it.
Nominations X5 Ken Masters

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Cardboard
Rob was made of plastic. That's the big difference.

Want:0%
If we're going to get a joke character, at least make it someone who isn't made of cardboard.

Nomination:
Dragonite x5

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Let's be realistic, the roster is already decided and I seriously doubt Nintendo looked at Labo and saw a fighter potential within it when it was in production. Laboman only got attention for being a really neat gif someone made. Unless he turns out to be REALLY late-game DLC... it's not happening

Want: 100%
That being said, I. LOVE. Joke characters. Labo Man would definitely scratch that itch for a good WTF character.

Nomination: Klonoa x5

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Labo Rep

Sakurai has done and is fond of some rather out there picks for characters, so I don't think it's entirely impossible, though it is immensely unlikely and lacks moveset potential currently.

Want: 0%
There are many, MANY other characters I would consider first before a Labo rep, and other obscure characters I think have more moveset potential. I would want to see Diskun before I consider wanting Labo.

Nomination: Medusa (Kid Icarus) x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Labbo Man

If we were talking chances for any other smash game I'd think he'd have a much better chance, but given how the roster has gone so far I really don't see him getting in.

Want: 50

I love troll characters, and if I was building my own personal roster he'd be a contender to make it in one of the last spots after I got my personal most wanted characters in

Nomination: Nathan Drake x5

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Labo Man:

When the DLC finished for Sm4sh, the character roster before dlc was finalized for Ultimate. At least I think that's correct. Since the NX wasn't even revealed at that time, nevermind labo, it will probably barely get a footnote nevermind a character slot.

Want: 10%

Not really. It'd be funny, but with the limited roster space there are far more I'd rather see.

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Labo Man

He's too new to be included in Smash Ultimate and even then, he's too late anyway, since Ultimate's base roster was already finalized way before this guy exist. He might make it as DLC, though.

Want: 15%
I wouldn't mind having this guy in Smash, but there are other characters that needs to be in the base roster. Then again, if they were able to have R.O.B. in this game, then they might be able to do the same with Labo Man.

Nominations:
Saber (Fate/stay night) x5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Labo Man
Isn't he a made up character?
However a Nintendo Labo character like the Giant Robot or that cute little furball in the Labo House? I can see that having a 1% chance. And a 5% chance as DLC.
Want: 1%
While I think it would be neat to have a Labo fighter I think the Giant Robot or that furry creature would be a much better choice. But truth be told, Labo would be best represented as a stage. If we were rating a Labo stage I'd give this a 70% Want.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I hate to say it, but I wonder if we should consider someone else being in charge. TCT has done a good job but he has seemed pretty busy lately, this is probably a distraction he doesn't need.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If memory serves me right, a later version of the Smash 4 Rate Their Chances thread had multiple users working on it; several users handled jobs for different aspects of the game; nominations, calculations, statistics, etc. Sometimes one of them would even change the day over to the next character in line when the thread owner was busy and unavailable.

I think this thread could benefit heavily from additional management much like it's predecessor did. Just my suggestion.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am unofficially taking over.

LABO MAN RATE WEEK OVER

DAY 130 - RYU HAYABUSA OF NINJA GAIDEN FAME

Since this will confuse people on whether this is official or not (It’s not, but there’s still three scheduled days left), rating for the Ninja Gaiden will last from the time this post is made to Monday, August 20th at 12:00 PM EST.

I found Connery’s most recent Nominee list. I went out of my way to update the list from the time that post was made to today and Saber got the big push. Going from 5th place all the way to 1st. 5 votes away from breaking 300 nominees.
Saber x295
Viridi x278
Nihilego x275
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x255
Katrielle Layton x243
Concept: Style Savvy Character x235
Scorpion x231

Over 200

Dragonite x227
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Django x210

200 - 151

Rowlet x200
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x200
Ray x198
Ninten x198
Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Concept: Hanafuda Character x182
Papyrus x175
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x175
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Tsubasa Oribe x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveler Character x150
Louie x150
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x138
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x135
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x125
Barbara x122
Terry Bogard x122
Klonoa x117
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Item: Beast Ball x112
2B x111
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102

100 - 51

Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x100
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Ken Masters x90
Medusa x90
Tora & Poppi x87
Edelgard x85
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x85
Fjorm x80
Veronica x73
Rick/Cool/Kine x69
Yu Narakumi x66
Item: Breidablik x65
Zeraora (Pokemon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Heihachi x60
Slime x58
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x56
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Chorus Kids x50
Frank West x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Tapu Koko x45
Rhythm Girl x40
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25

Under 25

Adeleine x24
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Master Chief x20
Concept: Target Test & Platforms Test stage builder x20
No More Stages x20
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Earthworm Jim x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x10
Break the Targets x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Gardevoir x10
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x10
Dovahkiin x10
[Rerate] Isabelle x10
[Rerate] Dixie Kong x10
Metal Sonic x10
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Alm x5
Nia x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Concept: Valve Character x5
Nathan Drake x5
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x2
Diskun x1
Confirmed Nominees
Stage: Fountain of Dreams x105
Stage: Brinstar Depths x45

Disconfirmed Nominees
Nikki x115
Zero x105 (I assume this is Mega Man’s Zero.)

If there are any other nominees from the list that have also been confirmed/disconfirmed, please point them out.

I’m adding seven more nominees to the RTC schedule.
VOTING FOR THEM NOW IS OBSOLETE

The schedule will go as follows:
August 20th - Day 131 - Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
August 21st - Day 132 - Concept: Female Announcer
August 22nd - Day 133 - Kamek (Yoshi)
August 23rd - Day 134 - Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
August 24th - Day 135 - Viridi (Kid Icarus)
August 25th - Day 136 - Nihilego (Pokemon)
August 26th - Day 137 - Concept Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voices*
August 27th - Day 138 - Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton)
August 28th - Day 139 - Concept: Style Savvy Character

August 29th - Day 140 - Scorpion (Mortal Combat)

*I have no idea what to do with this one. DK and Diddy clearly retained their animal voices, and even K. Rool seems to have the animal grunts. There’s still Bowser but I think he’s retained the animal grunts as well. Anyone have a video of Bowser if there’s any? It could be made into a double rate day. What does everyone think about this one?

Because of this long period, starting with Ryu Hayabusa, everyone gets x10 nominations. The bonus period will last until Scorpion’s day on August 29th (or Dragonite’s depending on what people say about the canon voices.)

Another reminder that today we're rating Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.

Let’s see how long I last~

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Can a mod make an executive decision on what to do here and start the next day? :/

We're going on four days of silence with what is designed to be a daily game, and the front page is in desperate need of updating and has needed it for weeks.

EDIT: Ninja'd like Ryu Hayabusa himself.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ryu ninja

Chance 2%
I don't think we're getting anymore franchises unless they're really old school NES franchises with only one game
Want 10%
Ninja Gaiden is a pretty big name so maybe?

Nominate no more stages x10

Prediction Wonder Red 7%

Top Bottom