• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Primarina chances: abstain
Primarina want: 42% 53%
I think we've reached the point where I don't feel like giving any specific chance rating to any Pokémon candidate which I believe has at least a semi-realistic chance of being the chosen playable generation VII representative for Smash Ultimate, because of Mimikyu's deconfirmation (the candidate I thought was the most likely) and Vergeben's rumors. That said I can still imagine giving them a want rating. For this Pokémon in particular, I have not really been interested, but as it's one of the fully evolved starters it can't be a completely random choice, so it gets some want at least. I haven't imagined a moveset for Primarina until right now to be honest but now that I think aout it it could be cool. Obviously Sparkling Aria as neutral special, Aqua Jet as recovery (to differenciate it from Squirtle) and I also imagine it using Encore, if used on a grounded opponent that's using a move it will be forced to use it again, that would be great for punishes and enabling the use of a charged smash attack (which could be sound-based). It could also use Misty Terrain which is an idea I would not have liked before because I wanted an Alola stage with the Tapus and the respective terrains as stage hazards, but since it looks like all multiplayer stages have already been shown (asides from stages from the builder which I'm expecting to return) now I'm cool with it. Since the Direct I've opened myself to more Pokémon newcomer ideas especially Incineroar and Nihilego for which I imagine myself giving them a want score higher than 50%, a distinction only shared with Decidueye and Mimikyu before, the former which is now my Pokémon of choice for an Ultimate newcomer... but rumors suggest it's not the Pokémon we're getting. Oh well.

Edit: I increased my score because thinking about it I don't really imagine giving any generation VII Pokémon candidate that makes sense a score lower than 50% because a new playable Pokémon from that generation is something I want and would be disappointed to not see. Also after thinking about it I don't see what Misty Terrain would give to Primarina in Smash, I should instead have imagined the obvious Moonblast. So here's how I imagine Primarina's special moveset in Smash now:
  • Neutral special: Sparkling Aria. A Charge Shot-like storage move. Goes straight horizontally when launched.
  • Side special: Moonblast. A powerful projectile that's launched without need to charge it like Sparkling Aria, although it has a bit more startup. It is slightly faster and its different trajectory increases edgeguarding options.
  • Up special: Aqua Jet. Similar to Greninja's Hydro Pump, but faster and has less range.
  • Down special: Encore. Does a pose to summon a light, and if another grounded fighter was using a move while in the light, it will be forced to use it once more. Increases punishing options.
  • All Smash attacks are sound-based (specifically they represent Hyper Voice) and attack around Primarina at 360°, but the power of the sound wave differs according to which smash attack you use. Up special is more powerful above and less powerful on the sides, while side smash is more powerful forward and less powerful behind and above (as well as below in the case you're using a smash attack on a soft platform), while down smash averages the power equally around Primarina.
  • Final Smash: Oceanic Operetta. Of course.
Labo Man prediction: 12.73%

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Ken x4
New item: Beast Ball x1

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Primarina

Chance: 10%
Aside from being a starter of the latest Pokemon generation, Primarina doesn't have much else to push its case ahead of other Pokemon. It may have been voted the most popular of the final-stage starters, but that likely wouldn't have counted for much when Sakurai drafted Ultimate way back before that happened. I'll be surprised if Greninja is somehow a non-factor her as well.

It's the least-obvious of the three final-stage starters to fit into Smash, which makes it either more or less attractive as a candidate depending on how you look at it. On one hand, it can take a lot more work to think up a whole set for Primarina compared to Decideueye or Incineroar, especially when the latter two are so appealing that they've already garnered bases for themselves this speculation season. On the other hand, Smash already has its fair share of winged archers and villainous grapplers, while it has zero sea lions to speak off. Maybe that weirdness will be its ticket, if that's what Sakurai's looking for.

Want: 50%
If there's one takeaway from all this guesswork about just who the Gen 7 rep would be, it's that a lot of them would make for pretty fantastic candidates. There's so much potential and personality in the Alola region that it's a real shame that only one of these guys is going to get a unique moveset.

I think I agree with ShinyRegice in that "nothing" isn't a better choice than something in Gen 7's case. I've said many times before that Alola is on the wane, but it's certainly not gone just yet, and it was still an important step forward in terms of actually moving the Pokemon franchise someplace new. Missing it entirely would be too much of a wasted opportunity, especially when Pokemon constantly offers so many good candidates that practically write their own movesets.

Primarina may take some time to warm up to design-wise, but it's certainly unique enough to make for a fun moveset if it ever got into Smash.

Prediction:
Labo Man: 13%

Nominations:
Concept: 4-6 Newcomers x5

Last edited:

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Primarina Chances:
5%
Possible but very unlikely imo. There are so many possible Pokémon for Smash, I just don´t see Primarina getting in. Now that Charizard is part of Pokémon Trainer again, there is only one starter Pokémon (not counting Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow) alone in Smash. And that is Greninja, a water starter. Furthermore Decidueye seems to be more popular, also Decidueye and Incineroar are both part of Ash´ Team. (The anime was a main reason for Jigglypuff and Mewtu). Sure she has moveset potential and could be unique, but that goes for a few hundred Pokémon, including the other two Starters, Lycanroc, Tectass etc. (Incineroar Maybe not so much, as there are already tons of fire based moves in Smash).
In Addition most leaks Point at Incineroar being "the" Gen 7 Newcomer.
Though, I am not even sure, if we will get any Gen 7 Newcomer. With Pichu and Pokémon Trainer returning and the July first leak About Gardevoir and Gothitelle rising in likelihood, we would already have 5 more Pokémon than in Smash4. With a Gen 7 Newcomer even 6 more. And Maybe if we get DLC, a Gen 8 Newcomer, which imo would make more sense at that Point. Advertising for Gen 7 might be a bit too late.

Primarina Want:
20%
I don´t dislike her, but there are just too many other Pokémon I would prefer. Though, I would prefer her over Incineroar. (Nothing against him either, but there are already so many fire based moves in Smash, I don´t really Need a character based around fire moves. We barely have anything for ice attacks, grass, rock etc. (Some Fire moves: Mario and Luigi´s Fireball, Fox and Falcos Firefox/Firebird, Ness and Lucas PK Fire, Captain Falcon´s Punch, Kick..., Bowser´s Firebreath, Zelda Din´s fire, Young Link´s Fire arrow, Roy´s Flare blade, Charizard´s Flamethrower and Flareblitz, Mega Man´s Flame Sword, Robin´s Fireball, Ridley´s Fireball, and more))

Nominations: 5x Fjorm

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Okay, so I think I may have a consistent Want guideline to follow now. If it's a Nintendo character, they cannot go below 25% (with special exceptions), whereas a 3rd party cannot go over 50%. If it's someone I want, then they are at least 50% want; this should allow me to map out my Wants in a more consistent way.

Pirmarina (Pokémon series)
Chances: 37%
As stated before, I do not think we'll get a Pokémon newcomer this SSB. The reason are the same as for Incineroar, though thanks to
Opossum (thank you by the way), I now know that one of my reasons wasn't as valid as I thought (turns out Sakurai considered characters for SSB4 and Greninja way earlier than I assumed). This is why Pirmarina's chances are slightly higher, which are similar to how Incineroar would be rated if I were to rate him again.

Why still so low? Well, on the one hand I am starting to consider the ballots more and more influential on the roster than before (in which case, timing is against Gen 7, they'd have received no votes) and on the other hand... Sakurai selecting a Pokémon rep in the same way as Greninja seems far too obvious. This man is a conundrum, one who is hard to predict, so much so that I feel that even if a Gen 7 rep is added as playable... I don't think it'll be a starter like Greninja was. My bets are still on either no new Pokémon rep or a UB. I also feel that with less newcomers being added, Sakurai will be less inclined with taking a risk at guessing who'd be the popular Pokémon pick; I feel any Pokémon newcomer is more a case of DLC, be that Gen 7 or Gen 8.

Want: 27%
Rated slightly higher than Incineroar but only because I'd be interested to see how Sakurai executes such a character. Otherwise, my reasons in my previous rating for Incineroar are similar to Pirmarina.

Nominations: x3 Fatal Frame Protagonist
x2 Volleyball Girl (Volleyball) [I'd consider her more a rep for NES Sports as a whole, but eh, I'll list it as is]

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Primarina

Chances 3%
Ok, so, I have to admit that I get seriously triggered by the amount of comments that just outright declare Primarina to be the least popular starter. Based on what? Do you guys have any data on this? Because I have bias too, but I also have this:
https://imgur.com/a/e29XG#OptIIYv

Like, seriously, it feels like just because this pokemon wasn't in Pokken and isn't being supported by Vergeben everyone is getting a free pass to diss on it like it's the redheaded stepchild of the generation when it simply, overwhelmingly, isn't.

Likewise, the comments of it not being humanoid as a detractor also feel short-sighted. Jigglypuff isn't humanoid, and arguably neither is Pikachu/Pichu. We also got Ivysaur. "Primarina doesn't have legs, it can't move"... except it can? It could easily be a slow character that waddles as a walking animation and dashes with a water effect on the side to move faster. You could have a mechanic where you cover the arena in water and that allows you to glide around faster, which is not out of the scope of what has already been done with Inkling ink.
In fact, it feels like people are detracting from Primarina's chances because of being hilariously unique, which feels like the opposite of how these things are. I'd much rather Sakurai choose a pokemon that would play completely different from what we already have than go for pokemon that are predictably human/fighter-like.

All that aside, I still am giving her a small chance because ultimately the vergeben thing remaining alive cannot be ignored and as such incineroar should remain considered likely. (Also, technically, 3% is a high chance all things considered, but considering people here give 20% to things they deem unlikely I feel like I have to explain)

I also feel like the main thing that would really boost Primarina's chances to be included would be an Alolan Pkmn Trainer, as that would mean a character that combines the popularity of Rowlet AND Primarina, plus putting in Torracat which is what Ash currently has in the anime. However, given the amount of work Sakurai and his team are putting on themselves, I'd be surprised if they took on to making another trainer character.

Something else that I would argue Primarina has that Incineroar doesn't: popularity with girls/women. While this is more of a marketing thing, it's not unreasonable for them to think about characters that could draw a wider fanbase. While I think this argument more of a seriously good case for an Isabelle echo happening, Primarina also benefits from it. Considering Pokemon as a franchise is meant to appeal to so many demographics, we have gotten more "cool" pokemon playable recently (Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja) than "cute" ones (Jigglypuff, ... and Pichu? Does Ivysaur count as cute?), and given how Pokemon Company keeps wanting to acknowledge that side of pokemon with more girly designs (gardevoir, absol, braixen, primarina, steenee/tsareena, alolan vulpix) I'd love to see that in Smash.

Want 100%
Remember that bias I mentioned? Yup, the Primarina line is one of my favorite pokemon lines ever. Her inclusion in Smash is more than I could ask for after getting my favorite Nintendo character in the last Smash (Palutena), so I don't really dare dream of her happening, but my god would I love it.

Nominations
Not sure how the current rules work, but post-direct I want a Dixie re-rate pretty badly, so
Dixie 10x
If that's not how re-rates work currently, then I'll keep putting all in on Viridi.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Something else that I would argue Primarina has that Incineroar doesn't: popularity with girls/women. While this is more of a marketing thing, it's not unreasonable for them to think about characters that could draw a wider fanbase. While I think this argument more of a seriously good case for an Isabelle echo happening, Primarina also benefits from it. Considering Pokemon as a franchise is meant to appeal to so many demographics, we have gotten more "cool" pokemon playable recently (Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja) than "cute" ones (Jigglypuff, ... and Pichu? Does Ivysaur count as cute?), and given how Pokemon Company keeps wanting to acknowledge that side of pokemon with more girly designs (gardevoir, absol, braixen, primarina, steenee/tsareena, alolan vulpix) I'd love to see that in Smash.
While I think this ignores that many male fans actually love some of these Pokemon more so than the females cause Pokemon waifu material... I do ponder your thoughts on the Gardevoir with Gothitelle as an echo leak. If this leak is true (it got Richter), this would indicate two very feminine designs which would actually make a Incineroar addition balance it out with his more masculine design. I'm starting to fall into thinking this Gardevoir and Gothitelle aspect makes sense.

Ok, so, I have to admit that I get seriously triggered by the amount of comments that just outright declare Primarina to be the least popular starter. Based on what? Do you guys have any data on this? Because I have bias too, but I also have this:
https://imgur.com/a/e29XG#OptIIYv

Like, seriously, it feels like just because this pokemon wasn't in Pokken and isn't being supported by Vergeben everyone is getting a free pass to diss on it like it's the redheaded stepchild of the generation when it simply, overwhelmingly, isn't.
This more so the product of "bandwagoning." People got hooked on Decidueye being the pick since we didn't have a Grass type and started pushing that Pokemon as the one and only pick. When the wagon got rocked by the Ivysaur returning rock, the bandwagon loss a lot of momentum but still has produced a lot of flat out false "facts" like Decidueye being the most popular of the three despite being the least. I just watched a leak discussion video in which the guy literally said Incineroar would be the wrong pick since Deciueye is the more popular Pokemon despite that being incorrect. It bugged me since most of his observations and comments were right and more factual.

Last edited:

Pxllation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Negatron341
Switch FC
SW-3793-0583-6602
Agumon

chance: 40%
Want: 100%

I personally don't understand the "hate" been thrown here because when you break it down, Agumon does have a somewhat pretty good shot of getting into the game.

For starters, his moveset potential can be taken from all of the games that he's been in such as
"Digimon rumble arena" on the PS1
"Digimon: Battle Spirits" on the GBA,
"Digimon: Dawn/Dusk" on the DS,
"Digimon world: 1-5" on the Gamecube and PSP
"Digimon: Cyber Sleuth" from the PS4
And new "Digimon: Survive" coming to the Switch next year.

This is only a few examples of where Bandai Namco could grab movesets from, which leads onto my main point;

As of now, BN only has one representative, that being Pac-Man so why not make the next representative be Agumon? It would be a form of promotion for the upcoming Digimon game and it would fill BN with another rep, basically hitting two birds with one stone, eh?

Not to mention he would fit in rather well amongst the other fighters so he wouldn't stick out much like Snake did in Brawl (If you considering that to be a bad thing).

Though I am aware of the issues that go against him, the obvious one being Heihachi from Tekken but I'm not letting hopes down yet!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Agumon

chance: 40%
Want: 100%

I personally don't understand the "hate" been thrown here because when you break it down, Agumon does have a somewhat pretty good shot of getting into the game.

For starters, his moveset potential can be taken from all of the games that he's been in such as
"Digimon rumble arena" on the PS1
"Digimon: Battle Spirits" on the GBA,
"Digimon: Dawn/Dusk" on the DS,
"Digimon world: 1-5" on the Gamecube and PSP
"Digimon: Cyber Sleuth" from the PS4
And new "Digimon: Survive" coming to the Switch next year.

This is only a few examples of where Bandai Namco could grab movesets from, which leads onto my main point;

As of now, BN only has one representative, that being Pac-Man so why not make the next representative be Agumon? It would be a form of promotion for the upcoming Digimon game and it would fill BN with another rep, basically hitting two birds with one stone, eh?

Not to mention he would fit in rather well amongst the other fighters so he wouldn't stick out much like Snake did in Brawl (If you considering that to be a bad thing).

Though I am aware of the issues that go against him, the obvious one being Heihachi from Tekken but I'm not letting hopes down yet!
We’re rating Primarina today, Agumon’s day has come and gone. You can nominate him to be rerated, though!

Pxllation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Negatron341
Switch FC
SW-3793-0583-6602
We’re rating Primarina today, Agumon’s day has come and gone. You can nominate him to be rerated, though!
Oh I'm sorry! I'm still new to this site, does the character being rated change each day?

And as for rating Primarina, I guess I'll give her a chance of 10% and a want of 0% mainly because I feel that another popular Pokemon will get a better shot at it and that I never played sun or moon so I never connected with the character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh I'm sorry! I'm still new to this site, does the character being rated change each day?
Yeah! The way this works is every day we rate chance and want for one character, and the ratings of everyone who participates are aggregated into a final result.

Everybody is given 5 nominations to distribute as they please. Those nominations are added to a list, and the top 7 become the next characters/concepts to be rated.

You can also attempt to predict the result of whoever’s being rated the next day. If you’re the closest, you get 5 extra nominations.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Primarina
Chance:5%
I'm not sure how popular this Pokemon is, but I just don't see it. Incineroar and Decidueye are speculated way more because they're more fitting for a game like Smash and both are popular enough from what I've seen. Choosing Primarina instead would be pretty odd.

Want: 0%
Not a fan of the design.

Nominations: Medusa x 5

D

Deleted member

Primarina

Chance 0% this thing cant walk or float thats literally case closed

Want 20% i gess i wouldn't be mad i probably wouldn't care tbh

Nominations Metal Sonic x5

Lupin Red

Smash Rookie
It's my first time here, so I might as well give this a try...

Primarina

Chance: 5%
A Pokemon who doesn't have legs...Who ever thought that having this Pokemon in Smash was a good idea? Anyway, I don't see her being included, especially since Decidueye and Incineroar are the most popular picks of Gen 7.

I have mixed opinions about Primarina. For one, I like her design, but on the other, she's my least favorite Alolan starter. I prefer Decidueye more than Primarina.

Nominations:
Heihachi Mishima x5

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

Primarina

Chance: .5%
I don't see her chances being good when there are other gen seven pokemon to pick from. I think she has a better chance of being used either as part of an alolan stage or a pokeball pokemon.

Want: 65%
Despite the low score of chances I wouldn't be against a pokemon with a unique design and having a moveset that compliments that. I would be curious to see how she would play if she got in.

Nominations:
Metal Sonic x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
this thing cant walk or float thats literally case closed
A Pokemon who doesn't have legs...Who ever thought that having this Pokemon in Smash was a good idea?
Squirtle doesn't run with its feet for its dash in Smash Ultimate since it rides a water wave for said animation.

Primarina's entire evolution can still waddle on land, as evidenced by their walking animations in Sun and Moon.

To rule out Primarina on the principle that she doesn't have legs is a bit much. Primarina's walk in Smash can be just like its walking animation in Sun and Moon, and its dash can be exactly like Squirtle's, only it would be slower since she is a heavier weight. While she would be slow when moving on land, she can make up for it with high jumps and strong aerial attacks to reference her performing-like nature.

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Primarina

Chance Score of 50%:

Primarina is a Waifu (even though I don't really like describing pokemon as such) and Sakurai has been trying to get more Waifu material in Smash. This pokemon also has a very interestig design that can make for a... wait for it... Interesting move set! Decideye can shoot arrows and flap it's wings and maybe claw at you with its talons... yay a bird? Incineroar would have wrestling moves and spit fire... so another bowser... yaaaaaay... Primmarina tho! She could shoot bubbles as proximity mines or projectile shields or platforms you can board, enemy traps that keep people in place, a neat idea for a recovery where she blows one up in mid air and pops it to send herself flying like an acrobat. She could even sing to send her bubbles outwards to control the field! Think of Venom from Guilty Gear or Beerus from FighterZ or even Ranno from Rivals of Aether.
Plus those who believe having no legs is a problem... She could attack with the very apparent tail she has and she can slide around the stage like on it's belly like a sea lion! She could even have poor jumps since she has no legs but instead uses her tail to jump in the air.. I mean c'mon guys use your imaginations.

Not gonna put money on it though cuz Sakurai might just do something else completley that blows us all out of the water as far as a pokemon rep goes..

Want Score of 80%:

It's not 100% because there are other gen 7 mons I'd rather see on the roster like Buzzwole or Necrozma since I think they'd have fantastic animations and even more interesting movesets. Still Like I stated above, most interesting character to vary the play styles already present in the game.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over, rate labo man and predict ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe we could get a Labo character when DLC comes, but I think Labo would be far too late of a suggestion to be considered for the project plan in 2015. I cannot see Labo Man happening at all for the base game. This character has less of a chance of being considered than Rex and Spring Man.

---------------

x5 Hanafuda character

D

Deleted member

Labo Man
Chance and want: abstain

It can go either way for it, being a surprise character like not being in the game at all.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Ryu Hayabusa prediction: 11.31%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Labo Man

Chance: 3%
Didn’t even make it in time to be the wacky pick of this game.

Want: 90%
But this is exactly the kind of crazy **** I wanna see from Sakurai.

Ryu prediction: 27%

Nominations: NintenX5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Cardboard boi

Way too late for the base game. And when DLC rolls around he'll have major competition from Springman, Rex and other first and third party characters. I don't know if Labohype will stick around for that long.

Not interested in goddamn cardboard, sorry.

Ryu Hayabusa: 10.59%

Punch Out newcomer x5

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Labor Man

Sorry, it came too late to the party, at least for the base roster anyway.

Want: 70%
It would be cool as the joke/tricky character, and I'd be interested in how Sakurai would implement him in Smash.

Ryu Hayabusa: 30%

Nomination:
Saber (Artoria Pendragon) X5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Boxboy

Want: 90%....wait, LABOman? No, 0%

Ugh, I thought we were gonna talk about the robot.

But it's just this random stick figure...

Well, that's disappointing.

Sorry, I'm not big on OMGWTF picks. If LABO were to be represented, and it should, the robot is by far cooler and should totally be used. This thing looks like just a gimmick like WFT - you see it revealed, think "OMG that's so funny and random!" and then after that wears off, you think "Why did they waste a slot on this ****?"

Not to mention that LABO's a bit on the late side, so it's pretty unlikely in the first place.

Prediction for the next literally who: 3.5%
Nom: Dovahkiin x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Labo Man want: 0% (7-10*)

I like the idea of a Labo character. The cardboard aesthetic would be new to Smash, and I bet the sounds would be satisfying af. I'm more interested in the Labo Robot than a cardboard guy with moves pulled from whatever games.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
LABO Man

Chance: 1% - Likely showed up too late into development to be considered. Possibly too late to even be an Assist Trophy or normal trophy.

Want: 40% - I see the little guy's potential, and would make for another great 'hardware' character in the vein of Wii Fit Trainer and R.O.B..

Nominations: All to Deconfirmed Character DLC

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Labo, Want: 0%
I see move set potential, but Labo is marketed towards kids and Smash Ultimate seems to be trying to appeal to an older audience. The reason I don't want is because Labo man isn't much to look at even carrying the joy con, and doesn't stand out because of game n watch. I am concerned people would riot if he got in over Krystal, Ashley, Bomber man, etc.

Chance: 10%
Sounds like a small chance, but this is actually a pretty decent chance. I think Labo man has a good chance because it might be good for marketing, however this is smash ultimate, and favorite characters might take priority. If marketing is a non factor then his chance is
2%.

Ryu Hayabusa Prediction: 30.0%
On average people seem to overate chances of characters so this is my guess.

EDIT:
Nomination: Medusa x5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Labo Man
Chance: 1%
Extraordinarily unlikely. Too late to the party, and I can't see this being how Labo would be represented in Smash regardless. A stage, perhaps, but not a fighter.

Want: 1%
Quite frankly, the idea just looks and sounds really stupid to me. I don't care about Labo at all.

Style Savvy character x5

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Labo Man:

Chance: 0%
From the way that characters are being announced... I honestly don't think he's got a chance to get in...

I kinda like characters who are very different and/or obscure.

Prediction: 15%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Boxboy

Want: 90%....wait, LABOman? No, 0%

Ugh, I thought we were gonna talk about the robot.

But it's just this random stick figure...

Well, that's disappointing.

Sorry, I'm not big on OMGWTF picks. If LABO were to be represented, and it should, the robot is by far cooler and should totally be used. This thing looks like just a gimmick like WFT - you see it revealed, think "OMG that's so funny and random!" and then after that wears off, you think "Why did they waste a slot on this ****?"

Not to mention that LABO's a bit on the late side, so it's pretty unlikely in the first place.

Prediction for the next literally who: 3.5%
Nom: Dovahkiin x5
Wait, I also thought we were rating the robot. Could whoever nominated this clarify?

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Labo Man

Like everyone said, it came too late as the Smash Ultimate roster was finalized in 2015. Also, I really don't see how are they going to represent Labo Man into Smash.

Personally, I don't really care about Labo Man and I have no history with it, so yeah.

Ryu Hayabusa prediction: 21.70%

Nominations:
Saber Artoria (Fate) x5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Labo Man

A piece of cardboard as a playable character? No. What's more likely to happen is either an Assist Trophy or a random trophy drop. I have no interest Labo when it was first revealed.

Nominate Rowlet x5

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Labo Man

Chance: 2%
Aside from being too late for the base roster, there's also the consideration that it doesn't quite have the historical impact like Wii Fit and Duck Hunt. Doesn't seem like they'd throw it in at the last second as a fighter.

Want: 15%
I'm not really against it, but if Nintendo Labo's getting in Smash somehow then it should probably get to show off more of what it's capable of. An Item seems like a good match, or DLC Assist Trophy if that's a thing.

Prediction
Ryu Hayabusa: 9.2%

Nominations
Viridi x 5

edit for clarity

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Cardboard
Way too recent to be playable, and not really a logical choice for a character. Might show up as a trophy, though.
It's cardboard, there's better choices for playable characters out there.

Ryu prediction: 3%
Noms: Isabelle x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Labo Man

Chance: Abstain
I don't know anything about Labo Man, but I would guess he's too new to get in.

A cardboard cutout of a man isn't very interesting. If we get something from Labo, the robot would be more fun.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Labo man
Chance: 1%
Not impossible but I don't think this is how Sakurai would represent Labo.

Not a fan of Labo so I don't really want to see it represented.

Nominations: Medusa x 5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Labo Man

Chance: 1%.
Created too late into Ultimate's development. WFT was added since Wii Fit was insanely popular but I don't think Labo is on that level of popularity.

Want: Abstain.
Could be a fun joke character but I don't know much about it.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5

Klimax

Smash Ace
Labo Man
Yeah i know the whole "this character could represents this console" but the Switch is not going to die anytime soon. Maybe he has a shot for the next Smash Bros but for this one ? No way.

Want: 10%
I don't really care about him, if they give him a cool gameplay in Smash 6, i'll be happy to play as him. But now, i don't care about him, sorry.

Top Bottom