• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Gengar is most certainly a very popular Kanto Pokemon. However, it is more likely that Sakurai will consider Pokemon from the new region than to go back to Kanto for newcomers. With every new region comes a plethora of very interesting candidates to choose from, and I think Sakurai will just focus on the new generation Pokemon that came around 2016 to get a fresh newcomer rather than treading back to old ground again.

x5 Balloon Fighter

Gengar:
0% chance
100% want
One of my favorite Pokemon. I've had a Gengar wallet for years :D ... that said, I don't see why they'd include him outside of a Pokeball! I think a 0 is justified since I don't see them adding any more than 2 new Pokemon at maximum, and there are dozens more likely to make it.

Yarne/Owain Tag-Team:
0% chance
10% want
Seeing this idea again reminded me fondly of when someone nominated it for this thread pre-Smash 4. Thanks for the memories. :] I'd like it a tad just for the absurdity, but even though I've grown to love Awakening, I don't really care for either of these characters.
GROOSE IS THAT YOU?! IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
I’m new to this, but I’ll try my best.

Gengar
Chance: 5%
Despite being a popular Pokémon, Gengar has lots of competition with Generation 7 Pokémon. Plus, there are already 4 Gen 1 Pokémon (6 including veterans).

Want: 60%
I’m a huge Pokémon fan, therefore I want a lot of Pokémon in Smash. Gengar would be my next choice for a new Generation 1 Pokémon. He’s a ghost type, something we don’t have yet (hopefully Decidueye can change that).

Yarne/Owain: 0%
Never heard of them. Upon research and finding out they are Fire Emblem, immediate 0%.
Want: 0%

Here’s hoping for B.B. Bandits....

Nomination: Fawful x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's me! I see a bunch of the homies are still on here! I'm going to be on and off for the next few weeks at least cause I can't escape the hype... definitely DM me if any of y'all want to catch up! :]

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Gengar

Chance: 1%

Doesn't feel like anything Sakurai would pick. It's not an unpopular 'mon or anything, but it's not commonly requested and it's from an older generation that has already had a grand total of six characters in Smash, two of which are waiting to return. I don't expect Sakurai to go back and add anyone else from it, and even in the highly unlikely event that he does, Gengar would face competition from the likes of Meowth or Eevee. Most likely though we'll probably just see someone from Gen VII and nothing else.

Want: 55%

Used to want it more, but my interest has dropped over time. Personally, I'm more in favor of Meowth for Gen I and Decidueye for ghost types. That said, I do like Gengar and could see it being a fun character in Smash. I also don't care how many Gen I Pokémon are in the game.

Yarne & Owain

DOUBLE ZEROES

There is not a single reason for this to have any possibility. But I have to admit, out of all the dumb joke ideas we've ever rated, this is probably the most creative. Which is enough for me to say if I was absolutely forced to include a bad joke choice I'd probably pick this over the likes of Bubsy or Brash.

Still zero because if given free will I'd pick every legitimate option over Yarne & Owain lol

Masked Link prediction: 3.78%
B.B. Bandit Trio prediction: 0.45%

Nominations: Meowth x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that people are still clamoring for more FE characters is baffling and quite insulting towards anyone who is a fan of an underrepped series.
I couldn't imagine being insulted by someone wanting something that I didn't want.

It's a video game.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Okay, maybe I should've worded that better. They aren't getting into Smash because I've never seen them getting requested anywhere, atleast not this specific duo. So I assume they're some obscure request only wanted by an amount of people I can count on my hands.

There are also numerous other reasons the FE fans in this thread are giving on why they won't be included so the 0% is staying, sorry.:p
Oh I had no problem with your rating just the reasoning. "The literally who" crap is just a pet peeve of mine.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Gengar
Chance-25%
Want-50%

Kind of irrelevant at this time, but wouldn't be against it at all.

Yarne/Owain Duo
Chance- 0%
Want- 10%

What a weird idea. I could maybe see the tag team idea happening. But why 2 minor Fire Emblem Characters.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Owain/ Yarne Chance: 0%
Where do I even begin

First off, Owain may be kinda noteworthy for a non-main character, considering his popularity and all, but he is still a non-main character. And his competition (like Alm, Celica, Lyn, etc.) has more going for them.

... And then we have Yarne. An unpopular as hell character who's even less important than Owain, tagging along with him. When Owain could be paired up with at least three others that would make more sense (Lissa, Inigo, Severa), and even that's only taking Awakening into consideration. So yeah. No hopers.

If Owain's going to get in with a partner, at least pair him up with someone that'd make more sense.

Gengar Chance: 5%
Certainly not impossible, even if mostly because he's from Gen 1, and TPC would never say no to a popular Gen 1 'mon. Granted, I seriously doubt we'd get another one considering Gen 1's presence, but again, it's not impossible.

Want: 100%
This is literally one of few potential newcomers that would get me truly hyped. I'd probably be spewing out stuff online about his inclusion for AT LEAST an hour, probably more than that. Gengar is easily my favorite Pokémon, despite only becoming said favorite within more recent years for... well, it's a long story. But even ignoring that, the moveset potential Gengar has is ridiculous. I mean, Gengar has so many moves to pull from! Hex, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Lick, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Taunt... other Pokémon may be able to get these moves, but few can have most of them together, and honestly, some of these (most notably Hex + Toxic) are too perfect on Gengar.

... I still want to know why Gengar and the rest of his line can't learn Poison Gas though when they're actually made of poisonous gas. That's a bigger mystery than why Scyther can't learn Fly.

Masked Link Prediction: 10%
B.B. Bandit Trio Prediction: 0%

Nominations: Rex/ Pyra (rerate) X5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Gengar

Chances: 1%

Being one of my favorite Pokemon from the Gen 1, Gengar screams tons of potential for a moveset. Poison, Shadow, Psychic, Dark, the types of move pool goes on. The fact that he is also one of the most popular Pokemon in the competitive series and marketing series shows how much the fans enjoy Gengar as a Pokemon. Plus we haven't had a ghost in Smash and Gengar would've been PERFECT for the series to introduce more unique types of fighters.

But please no Mega Gengar for Final Smash. That ****'s awful

Yarne/Owain pair - no comments

D

Deleted member

Yarne and Owain get a tag team of DOUBLE ZEROES.

A tag team of two side characters who have little to do with each other aside from originating from the same game. This really shouldn't be getting non-zero chance ratings.

Abstaining from Gengar.

Nomination: Bayonetta x5

Also, hi Groose.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gengar

The only thing really holding him up right now is popularity. In terms of relevancy, while he did get some big spotlight with his Mega Evolution and his inclusion into Pokken, he hasn't been getting any promotional material this generation. He's basically in a similar boat to other popular Pokemon from past generations like Weavile, Absol, Gallade, Gardevoir, Zoroark, Chandelure, and many others. At this rate, someone from the newest generation is far more likely.

While Gengar is my favorite Pokemon and is capable of some pretty fun moveset potential to reference his Ghost-typing, I'm honestly not in the mood for anymore Kanto reps in Smash.

------

Yarne and Owain tag team

Chance and Want:

Get it? Because Zero is Niles' Japanese name.

Regarding Chance:

For a duo meant to highlight the whole pair-up system in a Fire Emblem setting, Yarne and Owain together don't make sense. They can't have supports with each other. While Owain is a very popular character on his own, Yarne is nowhere near Owain's popularity level. If anything, a duo that can have supports with each other and have strong popularity would be more likely (i.e. Owain and Inigo, Severa and Owain, and so on).

They also have the additional issue of not being major characters to their games' stories.

Regarding Want:

I like them both as characters, but I don't think they'd be fitting choices for Smash.

------

Predictions

Masked Link (The Legend of Zelda): 8.24%

No comment.

B.B. Bandit Trio (Fossil Fighters): 0.01%

Add the main heroes of Fossil Fighters first, then we can talk about the B.B. Bandit Trio as viable candidates.

------

Nominations

Corrin (Fire Emblem): x5

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Gengar

Chance - 1%

In terms of Pokemon, we're likely getting a Gen VII Pokemon before anything else, and even if a Gen I Pokemon was chosen for promoting the upcoming Let's Go games, it'd most likely be Eevee, or the return of Squirtle and Ivysaur.
However, in terms of Gen I Pokemon, he's probably one of the most popular Gen I Pokemon not yet in Smash. So, he has that going for him, I guess.

Want - 1%

I love Gengar, but I really don't want anymore Gen I representation in Smash. I understand that Kanto is the super iconic region and the Gen I mons are the Pokemon people think of the most, but come on now. There's six other generations and a plentiful amount of regions with plenty more to pull from than Kanto, which has already been seen a ton in Smash.

Yarne and Owain

Chance - 0%

I've become pretty sure we won't be getting a Fire Emblem newcomer this time around (and think I rated both Lyn and Celica too high), and if we do, it most certainly won't be these two, much less a tag team of them.

Want - 0%

Why? What an odd combo. I don't think Owain and Yarne have any connection, and nor do Lissa or Panne. I understand that this is today's meme pick, but I just really don't get the joke here. Probably some older RTC thing like Brash the Bear was, I guess.

Nominations:
[Concept] Battlefield Stage Forms x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gengar

Chance - 0.75% - He was popular enough that he was chosen for Pokken based on votes. That said, otherwise I don't think he's that notable otherwise. I don't see why he would be chosen, especally with a new gen to represent.

Want - 40% - Could be cool, but I have no desire to see him in Smash. There are better options, and I preffer to spread out the Generations.

Yarne and Owain

Chance - 0% - Why? They never even interacted in cannon. There's no reason to pair them up.

Want - 0% - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad , this is your legacy. If we're doing joke characters for the sake of joke characters, I demand we do mine with Scrooge McDuck! At least he could be viewed as semi-reasonably plausible.

For these two in particualr, I say give me Anna for Fire Emblem characters.

Predictions

Masked Link - 0.34% - Not happening with no transformations.

B. B. Bandit Trio - 0.02% - Another joke...

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Gengar

Chance: 1% - Popular, but highly unlikely for Smash Bros.

Want: 0% - There's many other Pokemon that I'd like to see before Gengar.

Yarne & Owain Tag Team

Chance: 1% - Anything is possible.

Want: 0% - No interest in Fire Emblem or its characters.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Gengar

Very highly unlikely to be picked from the denizens of Pokemon candidates, but it does have popularity on its side.

Yeah, I'd want Gengar in Smash! That'd be awesome!

Yarne/Owain Tag Team

Chance: 0%
I mean, come on. Way too much internal franchise competition.

That sounds really cool, actually! Awakening is one of my favorite games ever, so I'd really appreciate pretty much anyone from that game -- I mean, not everyone, but definitely a good majority.

Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa x5

:131:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Gengar chances: 0.3%
For all practical purposes most Pokémon have 0% chance of becoming playable in Smash; only a limited number of them would claim they're at least remotely possible. Considering its popularity and symbolism as the first Ghost Pokémon, Gengar may be one of them. However, I doubt it would be much of a high priority, since a gen 7 Pokémon would be more prioritized. Maybe if Sakurai has the time to put more Pokémon characters and Gengar beats the competition in that, then it might have a chance. Not an easily dismissable impossibility like at least 95% of existing Pokémon, but not likely at all either.

Gengar want: 27%
I don't feel the need of having Gengar playable, but it's a fairly iconic Pokémon, so I guess it'd make some sense at least.

Rate Their Chances, joke character special bonus edition, day 3: double zeroes (yet again)
Okay, let's have a fun experiment with maths. Suppose we give this combination a 1% chance rating. For the sake of consistency we might also want to give a 1% to any combination of second generation characters of FE Awakening (13 according to FE Wiki, minus Lucina who's already in Smash as her own character, or 12). This means there are 66 possible different combinations. So let's multiply 0.99 by itself 66 times, and we get a result of 0.5151 followed by a lot of insignificant numbers, or about 51.51% of getting none of them. That means about 48.49% chance of getting at least one of those combinations, or almost a coin flip. Imagine you flip a coin, you get the results you guessed first, that means a combinations of second generation characters from FE Awakeing becomes a playable character. Sounds unreasonable, right? If you change 1% to 0.01%, I'll skip the calculations and just tell you that by the same process we get a chance score of getting at least one of these characters of about 0.66%. That's roughly the probability of getting Mew out of a Poké Ball in the original Super Smash Bros. Very unlikely, but not impossible at all. Imagine you're playing the first Super Smash Bros. and you bet that if Mew appears from it, a combination of two second generation characters from FE Awakening becomes its own character in Smash. Do you think getting any such combination is anywhere near as likely as getting Mew from a Poké Ball in the original Super Smash Bros., or any Smash game for that matter where the chances of getting Mew got increasingly smaller due to being equal to the number of different Pokémon existing at the time of each Smash game? If you have more faith in getting Mew from a Poké Ball in any Smash game than getting any combination of two second generation characters from FE Awakening as its own newcomer, then you have no justification giving the Yarne & Owain tag team anything higher than a flat zero, unless you can somehow make the argument for this combination in particular being more likely than others, say, for example, Cynthia and Gerome. The problem is that in my mind, considering my knowledge of FE Awakening, you would need to do something extraordinary I'm personally incapable of imagining to convince me: while I believe Owain is fairly popular, being for example the only FE Awakening second generation character to be playable in FE Warriors besides Lucina herself (so maybe we could limit ourselves with combinations only involving Owain, giving us a probability of 0.11% of getting at least one, or about 25% less likely than getting Mew out of a Poké Ball in Smash 4 which put into perspective I believe is still too high), I have no reason to believe that Yarne particularly stands out. In addition they have basically nothing to do with each other, not even support dialogues in FE Awakening. So if you care about mathematics, please give this character idea a flat zero.

Yeah but anything is theorically possible, claiming that they're absolutely impossible is arrogant!

It's completely true that you can't claim with absolute certainty anything about the reality that exists outside of your mind, not even that such reality exists on its own right regardless of the existence of your own mind: maybe it's just a dream after all, and it's also why in the philosophy of sciences you can at best only pretend that a theory about the natural world is very likely to be true rather than absolutely proven. But while there's no such thing as absolute certain, there's however such a thing as so unlikely it's for all practical purposes impossible. Remember the story I wrote for April fools day involving a god, people able to communicate with him, violations of solidly supported laws of physics and huge conspiracies? It's in theory not impossible that all those things are real, but it relies on so many grandiose ad hoc hypotheses that it can for all practical purposes be considered impossible. This character duo idea is the same: there's no reasonable reason to assume it's remotely possible without claiming grandiose ad hoc hypotheses. It's just an RTC joke and it's unlikely that such an idea would ever cross Sakurai's mind in the first place.

I have no reason to consider this idea remotely possible, I have no reason to think it's a good idea, and I have no reason to want it on a personal level. And it's not hilarious enough to make up for how random and nonsensical such a character addition would be.

Masked Link prediction: 6.48%
B.B. Bandit Trio prediction: well since Bubsy and Brash did get scores higher than a flat zero, and – ohgodwhy – even the Yarne & Owain Tag Team did, I have no faith in those getting no score higher than a flat zero, so I'll instead predict 0.84%

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Cynthia and Gerome tag team x5
Concept: Battlefield form stages x5

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Gengar

I don't think Kanto newcomers are out of the question, with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee on the horizon. But why Gengar? He's well-known among fans, sure, but not more so than any other Kanto Pokémon. If Kanto gets a newcomer, I can't see it being Gengar.

Want: 5%
Gengar's neat! He's not my favorite Pokémon, but he's not bad by any means! He'd be a neat inclusion, though there are much better choices in my opinion.

Yarne/Owain

Neither of them are particularily popular in their own game, and there's no real reason to have them as a tag team, since they operate seperately in their own game. I'm sure Fire Emblem will get another character, but it won't be them.

I'm not someone who's opposed to more Fire Emblem characters, but these two aren't really ones I want. They don't stand out to me from their series, let alone their own single game. Since we're talking solely about want here, I'd want my own favorites from Fire Emblem in Smash before these two.

-----

Masked Young Link chance prediction: 8.76%
B.B. Bandit Trio: 2.83%

Nomination:
DeMille x5

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Gengar

Gen 1 pokemon -which may or may nyot mean fluff-, and competes with many other pokemon that are just more likely to happen nya. Gengar is pretty popular though and was playable in Pokken, so it's nyot impossible nya.

Want: 85%
I love ghost type pokemon (here's hoping for a ghost type Eeveelution in gen 8 nya!), and Gengar is of course nyo exception nya. He has nyalot of potential and I'd like to have him haunt the stage nya~

Yarne and Owain Tag Team

Tag teammm? What's thaaaaaaaaat nyaaaaaaaaa~??? I think every FE character we've rated so far has a much much much much much much much higher chance then either one of these two ever making it in nya~

Nyo thanks nya. I much rather have other FE character than this team nya.

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Gengar
Chance- 1%
Popular, yes, but so are plenty of other Pokemon. I don't think Pokken is nearly enough promotion to suggest anyone would be pushing for Gengar to get in over any Gen 7 Pokemon.
Want- 20%
Cool enough that I'll give a few points. But I don't really feel like I need this, either.

Yarne & Owain
Chance- 0%
As we all know, this is literally impossible. Two somewhat minor with little connection not from the most recent release? Not going to happen.
Want- 70%
Haven't been interested enough in recent characters to stop by in the last few weeks, and speculation is a little tiring with literally nothing to go off from the actual game. Will probably start back up after E3. However, I came back for now just to give this score. I would unironically be thoroughly pleased and amused to see Owain in Smash, even if this tag team is ridiculous. My opinions are usually pretty mainstream, so afford me this.

Nominations:
Neku Sakuraba x5

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Gengar

i.e. everything important was already covered but nikki needs noms

5% is the minimum I give for chance.

Gengar is Ken Sugimori's favorite Pokémon, so theoretically he could beg Sakurai to add him. Gengar would need a miracle like that since it's almost inconceivable that he'd get in on any other metric. Maybe if Pokémon GO's success made Sakurai want (or get coerced into using) a gen 1 rep, and he looked to Pokkén Tournament for inspiration?

Want: 30%
One of the cooler kids on the gen 1 block for sure. That being said, half the gang's in already.

Double abstain from the dynamic duo.

Nominations: Nikki x5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Gengar
Chance/Want 0%

He’s not a pokemon character I care for, besides I think there are too many Gen 1 characters. I’d rather see someone from a different gen or a cute pokemon like Eevee.

Owain/Yarne
Chance 0%
Want 0%

I like them as characters but not for smash, sorry bout it. -Edit: oh wait as a tag team? Absolutely not.

X5 Arcade Bunny

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Was almost going to give this a Quadruple 0 but I might give Hangar a want 6%

Everything else though, 0 Gengar is just one of many many Pokemon and ANOTHER Gen 1 Pokemon which I'm tired of

And the other two? NO MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS!!! And this duo doesn't even make sense, at all. May as well rate Links Uncle riding the windfish.

Nominate Parabo and Satebo x5

Prediction

Masked Link 5%
Bandits 0%

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Gengar
chance
without hearing about lets go he would have a better chance. I think if we could see another pokemon from gen 1 it would be eevee if any or bring back squrtile and ivysaur. He is awesome and a fun pokemon just not his chance
15%

Want
I love Gengar he is awesome and fun in my top 5 pokemon of gen 1. Also he would have a fun moveset and diffrent design compare to other Pokemon.
100%

Owaine
abstaing from both done with joke charcters next

Nominating
labo guy x5

predicitng
masked link 5%
trio 2%
Really wish we would ahve had better charcters to vote on before E3...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Gengar want: 0% (1-10*)

There are ghost Pokémon with more interesting designs than Gengar. Not really caring about Gengar myself, that's enough to give him a low score.

Yarne/Owain Tag Team want: 0%

Whoever voted for this didn't make a support thread, so all I know is it's a "tag team" of characters from FE: Awakening, at least one of whom is a meme character.

Assuming this is some kind of Ice Climbers thing, I'm over that kind of partner gimmick. Two fully grown men attacking at once is even worse. Assuming they switch out somehow, Owain is funny, I've heard, but I don't much like Yarne's design.

Nominations:

Neku x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Gengar :094:
Chance - 4%
He's a popular and iconic Pokemon overall and was our original Ghost Pokemon. However there isn't that much chance of Generation 1 getting more rep to start with. We may even lose one.
Want - 100%
One of my favorite Pokemon. I know people like to say Decidueye will make a Ghost addition, but he is a HORRIBLE Ghost rep. He looks Grass/Flying and nothing else. He is literally just some archer owl looking Robin Hood. The Ghost part just throws me off. So for a Ghost rep, I'd take Gengar over Decidueye easily.

Nominations 5x Monster Hunter

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Gengar

Chance: 2%

- Unlikely. Eevee would probably take priority how due to Let’s Go Eevee.

- It’s not Decidueye nor Bewear.

Owain/Yarne Tag Team

Chance & Want: 0%

- This feels incredibly random and I’d rather have Chrom be redeemed. It’s been almost 4 years since that day...

Predictions

Masked Y. Link: 7.5%
B.B. Bandits: 1.8%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x4
Neptune (Neptunia Series) x1

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Groose Groose LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!

Gengar
Chance: 2% -
New Pokemon? If we get one, it'll be from Gen 7.
Want: 80% - Gengar is a favorite of mine. I'd be down with him.

Owain/Yarne
Chance: ABSTAIN -
Yeah, don't know much about Fire Emblem.
Want: ABSTAIN - Nor do I care.

Prediction: Masked Young Link
Chance: 4.27%
Want: 38.23%

Prediction: B.B. Bandits
Chance: ABSTAIN

Want: ABSTAIN

Nominations:
Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Gengar

Not very relevant due to not seeing much of the spotlight in Generation VII. Also outclassed in relevance in general by at least several Generation VII Pokemon and in the Smash community by Squirtle, Ivysaur, and perhaps even Pichu.

Want: 70%
Gengar is an awesome Ghost-type, but it would certainly not be my first choice for the next Pokemon rep. It may have a lot of unique moveset potential, but I see other Ghost-types that can do what it can and more.

Yarne and Owain

Chance and Want: Abstain
Who are these two? Random Fire Emblem Awakening characters who are not really connected much? Okay.

Predictions:
Masked Link: 5.1%
B.B. Bandits: 0.09%

Nominations:
All-Star Versus x5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gengar
To be fair to it, it's one of the more popular Kanto Pokémon and it does get promotion due to its status. However, its franchise typically prioritizes new characters and Gen 7 is the most recent, and even among characters that are not from the most recent generation it loses out to some of the other older favorites and veterans. Of all the Pokémon, I don't think Gengar would be who Sakurai would go back to, even with its perks in mind.

Want: 40%
It's never been my favorite Ghost type, in fact I prefer Haunter to it, so it's not something I really desire to see in the game.

Owain/Yarne

Chance: 0.001%
Probably not happening, Owain is popular, but Yarne is arguably one of the least popular characters in his game and the two barely interact at any point (IIRC, it's just one DLC conversation).

Want: 25%
I like Owain and I don't mind Yarne, but there are other more fun combinations to pull off if they want a pair-up duo.

Last edited:

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Gengar!

It's a popular gen 1 and definitely one of The Gen 1s. It's also possibly the most famous and likely candidate for a ghost type, and its support from Pokken helps. It also has a unique moveset potential among other things.

That being said, I really cannot fathom it over other candidates. Maybe in a future game, I guess, but there's so many Pokemon and so many other Pokemon that can be in besides it that I do not think it will ever be in Smash 5.

Want: 30%

I like the guy! It is cute and a funny character. Definitely a good and memorable Pokemon. I would welcome it in.

Owain and Yarne

... Okay, how did this even get here? Who thought this up? This is the first time I have ever seen this idea. Pairing Owain with one of the least popular Awakening characters, in a way that makes absolutely no sense, would never happen. I don't even think Owain would happen, his popularity aside.

Pair-up is a semi-important mechanic in modern FE but it's already represented in Robin's final smash and it would just be clunky here.

Want: ... 5%

I'm a little curious about how this would work and like to see it in action. Plus I like Yarne and Owain. But honestly how did anyone even think this up???

Noms: ayumi tachibana x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Gengar:
His great credentials are outclassed by a handful within his own iconic cast of the dozens of Pokémon. I’d sooner expect Eevee then Meowth and all starters returning for Gen 1 pokes. After that he’d be up for debate I guess
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 60%
Really cool, but not what I’d pick for a smash character. But hey, Mimikyu is cool too

Owairne:
lol me too
Want: 76.3%
Owain is dumb but lowkey cute. Yarne is just dumb and ugly. This of course balances out to a 76.3%

Decloned og Young Link: 4.5%
Other one: 0.01%

x5 Eevee

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Gengar
I don't see any more gen 1 Pokemon added even with Go/Let's Go/etc. It'll be a gen 7 or gen 8 newcomer.

Want: 50%
I like Gengar and he'd be fun. I'm not avidly hoping for him though.

Owain/Yarne
I didn't have time to read the justification for this nom but it makes no sense to me. Awakening is old news and this pairing is plain random. Owain is popular but Yarne is not.

Awakening is old news and this pairing is plain random. There's many better options for FE.

Nominations: Neku x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Want - 0% - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad , this is your legacy. If we're doing joke characters for the sake of joke characters, I demand we do mine with Scrooge McDuck! At least he could be viewed as semi-reasonably plausible.
Wait... The Yarne joke was created for YoshiandToad YoshiandToad ? That is interested stuff I had learn today.
(And here I thought Toad support was going to be legacy)

I mean I'm a THIRD to blame.

I voted for Yarne back in the day, someone else voted Owain and the topic creator(not sure if it was Groose or not) decided to put them in a random tag team.

I'll explain my reasons for Yarne(and Owain);

Not gonna happen I'm not cray cray. Yarne isn't popular(criminally so) and Owain is popular but memes.

Want: 20%
Okay so...

Yarne is pretty damn accurate to how the average Fire Emblem player acts; Twitchy, nervous, aware of their own mortality. Fire Emblem is very much about keeping your units alive and as the last of his species Yarne is all too aware of how endangered he is, and yet he continues to fight through for the sake of the group.

That's Fire Emblem in a god damn nutshell, and frankly no one embodies the series mindset better(in modern day) in one character than Yarne.
Add the fact he's not another human(although half due to his father being one whoever you support Panne with) and he adds an additional factor of Fire Emblem that (at least until Corrin) hadn't been represented in Smash.

Lastly fighting as a transforming monster rabbit would have been cool as hell and no one can convince me otherwise.

As for Owain...eh, if you were a fan of Fire Emblem before Awakens you'll probably get more out of his amusing references, but Awakning was my first and he's more swords and humans and I feel a bit fatigued honestly from bladed human characters after Sm4sh.

Gengar:

Chance: 2%
Gengar is pretty damn popular and with an appearance in Pokken it's clear no matter how many generations past he's always the top ghost Pokemon choice. He's facing some serious competition in that department from Decidueye and Mimikyu this gen, but Gengar's lasting popularity proves it's not flash in the pan like 95% of the Pokemon species popularity.

Want: 50%
I like Gengar a lot, and whilst never my favourite Pokemon(Meowth for Smash, Alakazam in general, Machamp in Pokken), Gengar is definitely one of the Pokemon I'd be more happy with getting than not.

Predictions:
Masked Link: 3%
B.B. Bandit: 0.3%

Nominations:
Meowth X 5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't imagine being insulted by someone wanting something that I didn't want.

It's a video game.
it was an exaggeration, but annoying none the less. Waiting four years minimum to find out it's just more fire emblem and nothing from other series yet again would be pretty infuriating. I ask that you empathize.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it was an exaggeration, but annoying none the less. Waiting four years minimum to find out it's just more fire emblem and nothing from other series yet again would be pretty infuriating. I ask that you empathize.
Empathy is wasted on a video game IMO. It's not like a death in the family if someone's favorite doesn't get in.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Gengar
Chance: 3%
In a franchise that gives everything to only those who win the popularity lottery, Gengar is just slightly above other Pokemon for two reasons: being just a little bit more popular, and being from Gen 1.

There's no reason to go for this ghost otherwise. No notable anime appearances back in the Kanto seasons, no movie appearances, no other outstanding features aside from being the first Ghost representative that anyone can think of. Like I've said before, Pokemon has more generations than it has roster slots, and going back to pick Gengar is every bit as awkward as picking someone like Golem or Machamp for Smash.

Want: 1%
There's already like a dozen Pokemon already at the center of the debate table from Gen 7 alone. Gengar hardly offers anything more as an actual candidate.

Yarne/Owain

What is there even to argue for? They're not lords, so individually, they're already unlikely. The idea that they'd go together drops the chance of this idea even further, compounded with the fact that they're both child characters and only one of them has any notable popularity. Just, why?

These joke nominations would go a lot better if they were paced out between every dozen actually-serious discussion days. It isn't really funny having to deal with these back-to-back, especially in this critical period of time when anything's possible, except for everyone who obviously isn't. At least throw Veteran: Bayonetta on the 11th if you're going to abuse power like this.

Chuunis and furries can kindly stay out of Smash.

Predictions
Masked Link: 7%
B.B. Bandits: 0.2%

Nominations
Takumi x5

Troykv

Smash Master
(And here I thought Toad support was going to be legacy)

I mean I'm a THIRD to blame.

I voted for Yarne back in the day, someone else voted Owain and the topic creator(not sure if it was Groose or not) decided to put them in a random tag team.

I'll explain my reasons for Yarne(and Owain);

Not gonna happen I'm not cray cray. Yarne isn't popular(criminally so) and Owain is popular but memes.

Want: 20%
Okay so...

Yarne is pretty damn accurate to how the average Fire Emblem player acts; Twitchy, nervous, aware of their own mortality. Fire Emblem is very much about keeping your units alive and as the last of his species Yarne is all too aware of how endangered he is, and yet he continues to fight through for the sake of the group.

That's Fire Emblem in a god damn nutshell, and frankly no one embodies the series mindset better(in modern day) in one character than Yarne.
Add the fact he's not another human(although half due to his father being one whoever you support Panne with) and he adds an additional factor of Fire Emblem that (at least until Corrin) hadn't been represented in Smash.

Lastly fighting as a transforming monster rabbit would have been cool as hell and no one can convince me otherwise.

As for Owain...eh, if you were a fan of Fire Emblem before Awakens you'll probably get more out of his amusing references, but Awakning was my first and he's more swords and humans and I feel a bit fatigued honestly from bladed human characters after Sm4sh.
Oh my xDDDUU

That explains everything xD...

The Topic Creator just know they're from the same game XDDD... They pretty much don't talk with each other outside of an DLC Event xD

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So I got roped into a birthday party for a family thing, gonna have to start the day now.

But first my ratings

The Joke
Double 0s

Yarne is a bad character and his mother was boring. No one likes the taguel. As for Owain well tbh I’m not a fan of him he’s kinda boring. The only kid characters I liked were Lucina and Inigo tbh.

Gengar
1% chance
100% want

A personal favorite to many. Unfortunately the tides of time are not in his favor with other gen 1 pokes and gen 7 having priority,

Nominating Eevee x 5

Day over, will make an updated noms list today, calcs today, rate masked link and B.B. bandit trio.

Top Bottom