• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Abstaining for today
Declone dark pit prediction: 10%
Noms:
Klonoa x2
Sable prince x3

andimidna

Smash Master
Sylux:
Chance: 29%
One of the highest scores I’ve given. Maybe top 5, but definitely top 10. I subscribe to the theory its really just getting started as an up n coming rising Nintendo star. Not the most iconic yet, but that’s all to come. Obviously also taking to account this is speculation and not fact at this point. Honestly even if Ridley was in I’d still say this has a decent chance. Four Metroid characters sounds great.
Want: 75%
One of my friends’s most wanted. I don’t really care either way, but it’s be cool to be right about thinking it has a good shot

Dark Samus:
Chance: 9%
I think they did Dark Samus perfect as an assist and a color swap. I know there’s moveset potential, but I can’t get too excited about it because it’s on a dark blue samus, and ofc I’m not the only one that feels this way.
Want: 15%
Not a terrible option but man would that look messy to have 3 Samuses/Sami all in a row there. Yea, this isn’t technically Samus, just like Dark Pit isn’t Pit, that doesn’t make it much more exciting to me

Dark Pit decloned: 19%
Don’t think many will be much higher but there will be some 50s sprinkled in to curve the numbers higher tbh

x3 Style Savvy character
x2 Viridi

Last edited:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Sylux

Chance: 10%

Here's the thing, Sylux has been foreshadowed to be a big deal in Metroid Prime 4, from his ship to his appearence in Federation Force. This means he IS a big deal for the future of the Metroid franchise, and as such, I could see them adding him as a villain rep. Its definently not a nonsensical pick... but he still hasn't had his big role yet. If Smash 5 was coming out a few years later, I suspect Sylux would have a pretty respectable chance, but as is I don't think he's getting in just yet. I'll still give him a fairly generous 10% as I suspect the developers might want to give Metroid fans something and this is a pretty safe option.

Want: 20%
As far as Metroid villains go, Sylux isn't a great candidate. He just has too little to go off right now, with his role mostly just being in a kind of weak spinoff game. I just can't get as excited for him as I'd be for the other 2 Metroid villain options.

Dark Samus
Chance: 20%

You know call me insane, but I think Dark Samus could be an actual thing. Metroid Prime is over and her role in it has ended, sure, but unlike Ridley adding them to the game would not have any size-related complications. Metroid is really, really dying for a new representative at this point, and if Ridley can't make it Dark Samus is the second most popular villain and currently holds much more relevance to the series than Sylux.

Want: 85%
This is a weird one. I prefer Dark Samus as a villain and as an option to Ridley, who was the only character thus far(IIRC) that I gave 100%, mostly due to missing K. Rool day and whatnot. The problem is, unfortunately, that Dark Samus can in fact be a clone. This leaves plenty of room for them to be a lackluster, Dark Pit-esque situation that while I'd still be okay with it really wouldn't sit well with me. Dark Samus' phazon boosted modifications of Samus' attacks could actually make for a very cool set and if it was a well done Luigification or an entirely new set it would be one of the best possible newcomers for me. A lot of the Dark X characters do the concept poorly, Dark Samus realizes it by actually massively deviating from the protagonist they're based off and having plenty of cool powers and lore-relevance. Maybe we could get a cameo from its Metroid Prime form in the final smash?

Nominations
Andross x 5

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Chances - Dark Samus: 35%

Dark Samus' time is a bit passed, but Metroid Prime 4 coming out means Metroid Prime characters could be a bit more in demand due to advertising, and who better than the original Metroid Prime? Dark Samus could pretty obviously have a kit and is a more obviously-realizable option than Ridley. She would probably be lower if it was just that, but she is also an obvious potential option for an emergency clone, which to me always bumps up a character's chances a fair deal. She would be a good deal higher if Metroid Prime 4 wasn't unlikely to have Dark Samus/Metroid Prime as non-existant. Would be neat enough.

Want - Dark Samus: 39%

This would be upped if we could be assured to get a decloned Dark Samus, as the Phazon stuff could legit be very interesting...but a good shot of Dark Samus' likelihood is cloneage and Samus is not one of my more liked characters to play in Smash to begin with. And while she is neat, I can think of a lot of characters I would be more hype to play her as. If I was sure she would be a decloned set, 58%~ range or so.

Chances - Sylux: 15%

If Metroid Prime 4 was closer to release, then Sylux would get a massive jump as a likely advertising character or Metroid rep. But it isn't and it is unlikely Sakurai was considering it besides vague terms, so he mostly has Hunters to go off of plus the vague notion he might be in a new Metroid game. Obviously this is rather low, but since it would be known I give it some. If Metroid Prime 4 comes out soon and is a hit, then I would give Sylux a significantly higher chance as a DLC character, but that is too far away and too unknown for me to really guess right now.

Want - Sylux: 31%

He's a bit too unknown to give much in terms of personality, and he takes away a Metroid rep, but I am not a huuuge Ridley or Dark Samus fan anyway so that isn't as big a deal. The Lockjaw alternate form could be interesting to use and it feels like he could have a good set. This ranking is pretty highly variable: I would be a lot more hype for him if MP4 is good, for example, and he was a notable good villain in it.

Prediction

Decloned Dark Pit: 5.55%

Nominations

2B x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Yo so I am gonna have all the calcs tomorrow.

My scores? Abstaining from both. I feel it’s too soon to rate Sylux and I feel that rating Dark Samus rn would be me just rushing. Tbh I think that both are interesting but I would vastly prefer Ridley.

Day Over, please rate concept decloned dark pit and predict Travis Touchdown.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Decloned Dark Pit: This is a very Z list character who was only added in SSB4 because it was easy to add him. He has zero value as anything other than a """dessert""" added in at the last second. While in a magical world where the development time used to declone him would not be used for anything else productive a decloned version would be better, we don't live in that world. Dark Pit won polls for the most hated potential newcomer before he was even revealed, let alone after he was revealed. He was a pretty huge icon to point to for people who were unsatisfied with the roster. He exists because of it being OOC for an alt color of Dark Pit to use an arbitrary power up for his Final Smash.

Want 0%
Chance 0%

Nominate Fawful x4
Nominate Cranky Kong x1

Unfortunate I missed Dark Samus and Sylux.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Decloned Pitto

Chance: 5%

Uprising has more than enough weapons to make him a completely original character but that's not the main issue here.

He was added as a last minute clone in Smash 4, so I think changing his moveset even a little would be pretty low priority.
It also seems that there are more people complaining he's there at all rather than people complaining he's a clone. Decloning him might not make that much of a difference to his reception. Thus I don't see it happening.

Want: 10%

Despite me loving Uprising, I don't really play the Kid Icarus characters that much and I didn't care for Dark Pit's inclusion at all. Also, if we're going to have another non-clone KI character I'd prefer it if he'd be cut for someone else from Uprising like Hades or maybe Viridi.

Predictions for Travis Touchdown: 10.39%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Decloned Dark Pit
Double 0

I'm assuming this is full decloned, like different weapon. Than no way. Dark Pit only got in because of similarities and no way he'll be priority enough for that. The closest we've ever had to a character get fully decloned is Luigi. And even then he still has his Mario similarities

Nominate Lara croft x5

Prediction Travis 12%

Troykv

Smash Master
Decloned Dark Pit:

Chance and Want: Abstain.

I don't have particular feelings about this possibility even in the case of he becoming a semi clone I'm not sure how likely is that.

Prediction:

Travis Touchdowm: 9.1%

Nominations:

Steve x2
Leon Kennedy x3

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
New Pittoo for me and yoo

Chance- 10%
I see it more likely that he gets Luigified than a full declone. Clones and semiclones are usually the first on the chopping block, save characters like Toon Link and Falco, etc, so many are wondering if he will even come back. Dark Pits gonna need to take baby steps to becoming a fully new fighter. Or Pit gets a new moveset this game and Dark Pit keeps the old one, but those are different waters.

Want- 80%
Dark Pit was the most "why?" Inclusion for me back at launch. No, he didnt "take muh Kay Rule", but his last minute inclusion indirectly lead to a cut for a different evil clone (well, semiclone) I was aticipating to return; Wolf. Both would probably have taken the same ammount of time/resources, I just really preffered one over the other. Im not trying to start some flame war here! I just feel that a better decision could have been made. But, Edgy Pit has grown on me a little, and Im assumimg theres more to Kid Icarus than what Pit and palutena have to offer that Dark Pit can accomplish. And, he does technically fit my desire of more villains, so of he got a original moveset I wpuld be pleased even more.

Trqvis- 8.23%

Steve X 4
Thwomp X 1

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Decloned Dark Pit:4darkpit:

Arguably the most controversial character in Smash 4 (at least the base roster). The biggest issue with Dark Pit isn't whether or not he'll be a clone again, but whether he'll actually be in the game. Being one of the most divisive characters due to being a clone as well as not having a relevant appearance for several years could put him in a lower priority position and since the roster seems to be getting bigger and bigger, it'll become harder and harder to keep everyone and clones are usually the first to get put on the chopping block.
That said it also depends on how much time they'd be willing to invest into him if they do add him back. Clones are more often than not last minute additions to the roster and if the last minutes don't allow for more creative liberties then it's likely he may see very little changes at all.

Want: 5%
I never try to hide the fact that I dislike clones. So the idea of a clone at least making an attempt to be different is at least enough for me to not give this a straight zero but Dark Pit I find to be one of the least interesting characters in Smash and one I would likely never use beyond completion anyway.

----

Travis Touchdown-22.22%

----

Lara Croft x5

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit

As far as I remember, no character in the series has ever had a complete overhaul. Sure, there have been adjustments, but no clone character has stopped being a clone. In addition, as others have pointed out, Dark Pit was added as an easy clone to Pit so the roster could have more characters. Because of these reasons, I can't see them doing too much work on him - they might do a bit of tweaking, but he was an easy addition, and I think he'll probably remain an easy addition in Smash 5.

Want: 0%
Like I just said, Dark Pit was an easy addition that made the roster bigger... but his inclusion still rubs me the wrong way, even now. It just strikes me as such a bad choice - it's like adding in Dark Link and Metal Mario. I think that since he's an easy clone, he'll probably return, but I would really rather they spend time working on newcomers and improving other veterans than Dark Pit.

-----

Travis Touchdown chance prediction: 8.76%

Nomination:
DeMille x5

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dump him in a Dark Pit

Which argument do you want? "Clones are guaranteed to return because they're so easy to implement," or, "They could change up Lucina and Dark Pit and make them more unique." You can pick one or the other; very unlikely you'd get both.

If Dark Pit is lucky enough to survive, I'm not expecting him to be much better than what he is now. Changing him to be a semi-clone is gonna require some extra work, and he's already one of the most dispensable characters on the roster.

I don't even want Dark Pit himself on the roster, let alone a decloned Dark Pit. If we're gonna get the dark angel, just leave the guy alone. Aside from giving him different damage output than Pit, I think his cloned moveset suits him and is something that should stay mostly the same.

Travis Touchdown prediction: 7.2%

Nominations: DeMille x5

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Decloned Dark Pit
Chance: abstain
I can't really give a number here because he's literally clone material, so if they were at the point where making a new moveset for him is viable, why not just make a new character? But he's also one of Sakurai's precious twin boys so he may just get special treatment.

Want: abstain
I would rather Dark Pit not come back, and is just made into a costume for Pit. If he does come back I'm not even sure if it'd be better to get him as a clone again or as with a new moveset instead of a new character.

Travis: 6.5%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Dark Pit Decloned
short answer nope. In Smash 4 he was only going to be a alt for pit but was added as a extra charcter becuase of the extra time that the team had. HIs best chance to be decloned was smash 4. Not only would it take up time that was originally not needed to make him,he also has no plans going foward as his series has nothing that we know of in the works. The only way I see him being decloned is if pit gets some new moves and dark pit keeps the old moves
chance at 6%

want
I'm all for updates for vets but would rather fix other clones first. Dark pit at least fits as a clone while we have charcters like Ganondorf who need a update first
60%

predicitng travis at 4%

nominating labo guy x5

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Decloned Dark Pit

His promotional value isn't as great with Uprising in the rearview and Kid Icarus on hiatus. Not to mention, it's becoming harder to retain all the other veterans with the number of characters there are already. It would be surprise to see an updated roster without cuts, let alone decloned bonus additions like Dark Pit.

Chance: 3%
Want: Abstain (I'm not against this idea, but it's not something I actively want.)

Predictions: Travis Touchdown

Chance: 11.25%
Want: 26.12%

Nominate: x5 Mametchi

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Original Fighter Donut Steel

Chance: 3%
If Sakurai reeeaaally wants to keep Pittoo around (which I doubt because of all the backlash he got last time), I still don’t think we’ll see much effort to make him into a unique fighter. At best, he’ll get some tweaks on his damage output and maybe his idle animations.

Want: 85%
I have always kinda liked Dark Pit, despite my dislike for Uprising. When he was shown as part of the ESBR leak wielding the Dark Pit Staff, I got really hyped. Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed, and he ended up a really boring clone of a really boring character.

I also prefer the idea of keeping characters to making them alt skins, so if Dark Pit got to keep his own slot AND got his own moveset? That would be awesome.

slambros

Smash Ace
Decloned Dark Pit

Chance: 1%
Mario and Link may be getting moveset revisions, but I doubt Dark Pit is important enough for one.

Want: 50%
I'm split. That, and I'd be happy either way.

Nominations:
Ryu Hayabusa x5

:171:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Bias the Clone

Chance: 35%

There's one thing I'd do to declone Dark Pit...

Okay, so we all have characters we like in Smash, and then there are the other characters who, while they're not your favorites and you wouldn't shed any tears if they got cut, you still will accept them and not hate them for existing.

And then there's this ***hole.

I'll admit - this rant is coming purely from bias. But if Sakurai's allowed to be biased, then so am I.

I remember when Pit was first announced for Brawl, and Sakurai made it a point to say that his series had been dormant for ages, so he had to try to age him up appropriately. He referenced Link's design in order to do so, and all I could hear was "We're going to do a hack job on your favorite series in order to siphon some of its popularity onto this new guy." Just that statement alone already made me start to resent Pit a little - almost like he was trying to come in and replace Link.

And then the game game out, and I got to see how well that fed into my narrative. With another swordsman/bowman on the team, Link barely did anything in the SSE cutscenes once he shared with Pit - Pit was always the star. Didn't help that in Brawl, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf were all competing for the bottom of the tier list; between Zelda's five movesets, two were clones, one of whom was the most cloney of all the Brawl characters to the point that some of his attacks are miscoded; also there are only three unique Final Smashes among the five characters. It all fed into this idea that I thought that the Zelda series was being neglected. I could handle Pit, but I blamed him for the Zelda series' neglect.

Come Sm4sh, and now Sakurai make his own Kid Icarus game, and continued to support my argument that - in Smash - Kid Icarus was more important than Legend of Zelda. Still we got no new characters from the Zelda series, and on top of that they removed Zelda's transformation gimmick (which I like) but left her at the bottom of the power charts. The new Zelda character models are extremely pointy and odd-looking compared to Brawl's, particularly the Derp Lord Ganondorf; and Link now is forced to share even a crowd chant with his toon version. Meanwhile, Kid Icarus gets two newcomers and the bulk of the Smash Run enemies, a new big stage to show up Temple, and Classic mode is replaced with some weird thing that is straight out of his game. Meanwhile, Pit gets all new specials, Palutena gets all completely different specials, and Pit's new Final Smash is much more powerful than it was in Brawl, while Link's is also halved in strength. Yes, Dark Pit was supposed to be an alt costume, but Sakurai decided that it didn't make sense for Dark Pit to do that specific Final Smash, so he made him his own character. I guess he doesn't care that Ganondorf in canon is not some tired old derplord, but Dark Pit needs to be based on canon. Dark Pit even got his own crowd chant (while Link and Tink now share one) and his own victory theme (so did Bowser...in fact there's only one antagonistic character who still shares his hero's victory theme...) and his final smash is stolen from...Zelda. It also doesn't help that Link (and Samus) both have dark forms that they have an event fight against, and also are a base for one of their costumes, while Pit's gets his own character slot. It also doesn't help that all of the Zelda series challenges are easy and hammerable, while Pit's is one of the hardest and Pittoo's is unhammerable. And the fact that Pittoo is so similar to his parent in all regards that

In all: Zelda, with 19 main series games, many of them winning Game of the Year awards, and being real console sellers to the extent that Nintendo can make an E3 presentation around a single game and win hands down, seems to have gotten less attention than a series with as many characters as games in the series (three) including a 20+ year hiatus.

I've accepted Pit, and my headcanon is that he's just a tryhard who dreams that he'll be as awesome as Link one day - basically to me he's the Linkle of Smash. Palutena is perfectly acceptable. But Dark Pit... is stretching things a bit much for me and just highlights how cloney the Zelda series is with everything that Pit and Pittoo don't share that a Zelda character does.

Sorry, I've had that bottled up for a while. Apologies if I've offended anyone, since I know every character has a fanbase, but this really contributed to my disillusion with Sm4sh. I guess if Dark Pit got Luigified a bit AND they went and gave some love to the Zelda series (keep most of Link and Zelda's moves, but declone the Dorf and Tink, maybe add Urbosa and/or Midna. And keep Link a lefty, please), I'd feel better about it...

Prediction for Travis: 3.7%
Nom: something from Skyrim x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Decloned Dark Pit

Chance: 0.05%
The entire reason he made it onto the roster in the first place was his ease of addition. If you declone him, it's no longer such an easy addition. That and he doesn't have the massive popularity that, say, Lucina does, so if they had extra time to declone a clone, he likely wouldn't even be first in line.

I'd much rather have the time used to declone Dark Pit go elsewhere. Maybe declone Lucina. Maybe finish up a Bowser Jr.-styled last minute addition. Maybe do additional balance tweaks. To me, this would feel like a waste of time, especially since I don't care about whether Dark Pit comes back or not to begin with.

Predicting a 4.4 for Travis
Nominating K. Rool x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Decloned Dark Pit

Chance: 0%
Dark Pit was probably the least popular addition, even counting Corrin. There's no way he's staying as anything but a costume.

Want: 65%
I liked him in Uprising, and I'd like to see him have a different moveset than Pit using different Uprising weapons. Though, I'd still prefer Hades or Magnus.

Travis Touchdown prediction: 20%

Nominations: Viewtiful Joe x5

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Decloned Dark Pit Chance: 0%

If Ganondorf wasn't fully changed from Melee because Sakurai was afraid that he'd alienate people who play as him, why would a character whose core identity in Smash is that he's exactly like Pit but with a few differences be given a special treatment? To declone him significantly would mean having to fundamentally change Dark Pit's gameplay style (which is intended to be the same as Pit) which not only would seem unlikely for the reason I stated, but also invalidate the main reason he even became playable - being a really easy bonus character addition.

Want: 0% - I don't have much of an interest in this idea.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Declone Dark Pit

Now I’ve gotta say, today’s topic confuses me a bit. I see Dark Pit as a semiclone, seeing how his specials have different properties and his Final Smash is different. In that case, the chance of him getting further decloned is probably 5%, not high priority but still something nice the devs may wanna put work into. If the concept of the day is whether Dark Pit won’t be a clone next game, then the chance is 100% ‘cause he already isn’t.

As for want, I’m going with the former case and giving it 90%, because I’d still like it if they could be further differentiated.

Travis prediction: 14%
I’m feeling his new game will seriously help him tomorrow.

Nominations: Mach RiderX5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Decloned Dark Pit
Chance: 0.5%
Sakurai slowly mutates clones over time. But to straight up declone a character? Never.
It wasn't the fact that Dark Pit was a clone that bothered me. I don't mind clones. It's Dark Pit himself. And all the other Uprising content that got in Smash 4. It was too much.

Predictions for Travis Touchdown
Chance: 15%
Want: 20%

Barbara the Bat ×3
Slime ×2

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Decloned Dark Pit...?
Chance: 0.01%
The only reason he was shoehorned into the roster in the first place was for being a really easy last-minute addition. To straight-up declone him one game later would defeat the whole purpose of his inclusion, not to mention it's unprecedented. Never has a clone, or even a semi-clone, been instantly given a unique moveset - even for Luigi, it was a gradual process that's ongoing to this day - and frankly, it's not something I can see Sakurai devoting a significant amount of development time to, especially for Dark Pit.

If you're going so far as to give a character as insignificant and anti-popular as Dark Pit a revamped moveset, then at that point, just devote that development time to giving us a new character instead.

Travis Touchdown Prediction: 14.56%. He has a new game coming up, and a Switch-exclusive one at that, not to mention Suda51 has gone on record... multiple times... stating that he'd like to see Travis get into Smash, so the ball's in Sakurai's court on this one.

Nominating Tingle x5

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Dark Pit decloned:
Worry about the hot mess that is Palutena first, thanks
It’s kinda weird to even picture a unique move or two. They could, but why would they? Seriously, work on Palutena. For him, it just seems like clone or nothing. It’s not like he was the next pick of the series under normal comditions when Viridi, Medusa, and Hades exist and have more literally everything than him
Small tweaks and maybe a down b change are conceivable, but I just don’t expect it idk
Want: 30%
Decloning is fine, but his arrows weren’t as interesting so I played Pit if either of them. I know you’re supposed to play both if either, but that mindlessly strong side b is gross. I like sending horizontally vs vertically, I don’t know. Definitely not a big fan of what they’ve done so far to differentiate them
Besides, I don’t like this edgy ho- I just expect him and go from there ig

Travis prediction: 7.5%
x4 FE Summoner
x1 Viridi
Looking for a nominations update to know who to nominate really not sure rn

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Decloned Dark Pit
Chance: 4% -
I doubt he'll get changed when he only got added as a clone in the first place. No other clone ever did.
Want: 0% - I'd rather them just cut him entirely.

Prediction: Travis Touchdown
Chance: 27.63%
Want: 51.49%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I know this is too late, but I made all this and forgot to post it, so here it is. I'll do one for dark pit later

Dark Samus

Chance: 15%
Not very high. Dark Samus' time in the spotlight has seemingly came and went, and while characters have been "brought back from the dead" (Ridley countless times), I don't think they will have any plans to, as they've been building up Sylux as the new hotness of the Prime series. Now, if Sakurai decides that he wants to make a last minute semi-clone of Samus with a few different moves here and there, that could be a different story, but there really isn't any concrete way to predict what characters will be made into last minute clones/semi-clones.

Want: 15%
She... he... IT has the possibility to be pretty cool, but I've never really cared that much for the character and would much rather have Ridley or even Sylux (or both).

Sylux

Chance: 50%
Sylux has a MUCH greater possibility of being playable than Dark Samus, as he is seemingly becoming the new face of Metroid, in terms of villains. He's been in quite a few games already, and began to be hyped up for MP4 particularly in Metroid Prime Fed Force and Prime 3. This brings me to my next point, Metroid Prime 4 is coming out soon, and will heavily feature Sylux as its main villain (SUPPOSEDLY I guess I should say, but it's practically confirmed in all but an actual trailer that shows it), and he would most likely be included to push MP4. His chances are hampered some by the fact that Ridley, no matter how big, is always a possibility. That being said, there is also the chance that BOTH get added, which would obviously be preferred.

Want:
mite b cool.

Nominations: Louie x5

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Double D Pit

Chance: 50%
I heard they're reusing assets and clones that come back usually get some changes.

Want: 100%
I was really happy when Dark Pit got in and if he got decloned that would be even better.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He is a costume that got his own square because the team had some time left before development was over. He won't be decloned just because he's so low priority. I understand the guy who nominated this also included becoming a semi-clone in this but still if he returns it will most likely be without changes so they can do something more important.

Want: 60%
Making clones more unique is a good thing though since he's a costume it doesn't matter much but whatever.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Decloned Dark Pit

Chance: 1%
Really just another one of those "well anything can happen" scores. If Dark Pit was low priority enough to be a clone who is even placed with Pit on tier lists due to them being completely the same, then I don't see him getting any love in this Smash. The early 3DS years and Smash 4 were Kid Icarus's prime, and a lot of the stuff it got in Smash was just easy to port/produce fluff anyways. If Sakurai wants to declone clones, then why not put the effort into Lucina, who's from an actually active franchise and is one of the most popular characters in it. I don't see Dark Pit's popularity doing him any favors.

No. I never really liked Pit, why would I want an edgy version of him? It's not even for him being a clone, I see why Sakurai did that, I just don't like Dark Pit in general. He doesn't fit in with the roster. I'd want sooo many other things being worked on than Dark Pit. Fix Palutena, revamp veterans, declone actually likable characters. Even clones are immortalized as characters for being in Smash, but being more than that would really cement it. I just don't feel like Dark Pit should be a thing to be immortalized through Smash.

Travis Touchdown Prediction: 15%

Noms: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Decloned Dark Pit

Chance - 1%

Quite literally the only reason Dark Pit is in Smash is the fact that he took nearly no time to make. Just take Pit's alternate costume, and give it a slot on the CSS. Bam. Done. Decloning the guy would go against the only reason he's currently in Smash. Hell, even in terms of clones to declone, he faces strong competition from Lucina, who actually has some reason to be in the game in the first place, being her immense popularity.

The only way I can see this happening is if Sakurai still can't get his raging hard on for Kid Icarus settled out, which wouldn't surprise me. He's an incredibly biased guy.

Want - 0%

I wasn't upset with Dark Pit's inclusion in SSB4, considering it probably took absolutely no development time. However, the fact that decloning him would actually mean that some thought would have to go into creating a unique moveset for literal palette swap of Pit, which is a complete waste of time.

Nominations:
[Veteran] Corrin x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Now I’ve gotta say, today’s topic confuses me a bit. I see Dark Pit as a semiclone, seeing how his specials have different properties and his Final Smash is different. In that case, the chance of him getting further decloned is probably 5%, not high priority but still something nice the devs may wanna put work into. If the concept of the day is whether Dark Pit won’t be a clone next game, then the chance is 100% ‘cause he already isn’t.

As for want, I’m going with the former case and giving it 90%, because I’d still like it if they could be further differentiated.
???

"Clones" don't have to be characters with an other character's moveset copied over them without changes. Those are alts like :4alph: you're thinking about. If you consider Dark Pit a "semiclone" then by your definition there are no clones in any Smash game.

Dark Pit is a literal clone. He doesn't differentiate enough from the original to be considered a semiclone like Luigi or Falco.

D

Deleted member

Decloned Dark Pit

Chance: 40%
Want: 45%

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Travis prediction: 17.56%

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Declone Dark Pit

Travis prediction: 14%
I’m feeling his new game will seriously help him tomorrow.

Nominations: Mach RiderX5
He's literally a clone, dude. The ONLY different things are his side and neutral specials and his final smash. They're not even differentiated on tier lists anymore because those differences are so inconsequential.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Decloned Dark Pit

Chances: 15%
Want: 100%

I do not believe we have ever seen a complete overhaul of a fighter like this but I would be all behind this happening.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Darker Pit

I would imagine Dark Pit will probably come back because he is so easy to make and I would expect a few small changes here and there to make him a tad different. Maybe a new move r two. But I dont expect an overhaul similar to that of ganondorf from brawl to melee. Closer to melee mario to brawl mario.

Want: 70%
I ****ing love KIU and I love Dark Pit. So him being decloned means he is guaranteed to come back, adn I would love to see him be a bit more unique. Only reason this isn't 100% is because I would be worried new changes would actually want to make me play him less, beceause I already love the angel moveset.

Noms
V. Joe x5
:061:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Declined Dark Pit
Chance: 2%

Although I think most characters will remain unchanged there's a slim chance Sakurai will decide to go ahead and tweak some more specials on Dark Pit to better showcase Uprising.

...at which point I'll be irritated because he refuses to alter Ganondorf in any meaningful way because he likes the way he plays.

Dark Pit getting that treatment prior to Ganondorf would feel a bit of a slap in the chops depending on exactly HOW decloned he is.

Nomination: Meowth X 5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Dark Pit Decloned
This one is just awful to rate, does his removal count as him being decloned? Cause he wouldn't be a character anymore and therefore no longer a clone.
Chance - 50%
Ugh. I think Dark Pit is one of the most likely to be cut, so that does place him as a possibility of being uncloned cause he find his edgy self in the dumpster. On the other hand, Sakurai bias is real. Now I think he may leave Kid Icarus to die now that he got to meddle with it, but there is a chance that Dark Pit is now his favorite character from the franchise being his own creation. So Dark Pit might stay and actually get Luigi'd. Or he'll come back as the lackluster clone he is.
Want - 50%
So I'd love to see him decloned by being removed. I'd rather him be decloned if he is staying no matter what. (Luigi level) But I rather him stay a clone if he has to stay and changes to him would hinder someone else getting in. So ya, it really depends.

I want to go ahead and say I don't mind "clones" like Wolf, Falco, Luigi, Lucas, Roy, and Ganondorf.

I do no like clones like Dr. Mario, Young Link, Lucina, or Dark Pit. I'd take Pichu over those people to be honest. Why? Cause they are Mario cosplaying a doctor, Link just younger, Marth after his gender identity treatments, and Pit when he entered the emo phase. The characters just feel uninspired and lame. Three of literally look and are the same general person. The other looks like the genderbent fanart on tumblr. It's the lack of clearly looking like someone else that bugs me, they look too close to their original counterpart.

Nominations 5x Monster Hunter

Sorry, I've had that bottled up for a while. Apologies if I've offended anyone, since I know every character has a fanbase, but this really contributed to my disillusion with Sm4sh.
Egh, i never cared for the LoZ series myself, but I think Palutena (though I'd rather have Medusa) was fair game while Zelda and Sheik being split was actually supported by many people. Sakurai has always used his own game's features in Smash, Kirby is just as guilty of that. Dark Pit was an awful addition, but I have that same view on Lucina and Dr. Mario as well. All three of them could of been left out for Wolf or/and Lucas on the base roster in my honest opinion.

I don't really feel Pit is ripping off of Link in the slightest. And if he used some inspiration from Link to help bring Pit to the new age, I'd say that is more flattery towards Link than anything. Either that or Decidueye is totally just another Link rip off trying to steal his thunder cause he does archer stuff. AND HE's GREEN TO, the audacity.

I also think the Mario franchise was the one that got shafted in SSE, not LoZ.

Mario can get beaten by Kirby (optional who wins), gets slain by Petey, rescued by Pit, used as a footstool by Pit, and can lose the fight against Link. (optional who wins) For Nintendo's #1... he can be made to lose every fight. He felt more like Pit's tag along pet like Yoshi was to Link.

Luigi is basically a victim from the get go. Get slain by Dedede and used as bait. Revived by Dedede's badge only to still be a background character.

Peach gets taken by Petey, gets KO'd by Wario or Bowser so saving her does little but delay her fate, gets rescued by Snake, and gets knocked around by Fox's fire leading to Sheik/Zelda getting their badass moment protecting her. At least she made peace with everyone on the ship... her only positive moment.

Bowser is one of two big bads with solid screen time, but he gets back-stabbed by Ganondorf and kicked out of the way. Then King Dedede gets to beat him up twice. So basically, two other main villains tread all over him in the end.

Overall the balance on action and "victory" for the series was god awful. Series like Mother, Kirby, and Starfox had solid performances while others like Pikmin (his biggest moment was watching Captain Falcon murder his Pikmin), Ice Climbers (ugh, they existed?), or Yoshi (Link's pet) basically had nothing. LoZ was not the biggest victim in general (the three above) and it wasn't the more famous franchise victim either. (Mario)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Luigified Dark Pit chances: 49.5%
Completely overhauled Dark Pit chances: 1.1%

If a Luigification is enough to confirm today's rating, pick my score above. If Dark Pit needs to be overhauled to the point his old moveset can't be recognized anymore, take the other score. It might be a good thing for TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom to tell me which of these two scores was counted in the results (with probably an advice from whoever nominated this).

I'm not sure if Dark Pit will return or be cut, but if he returns I think he will get some overhaul at least like how Falco, Ganondorf and Roy did after Melee, so the argument that he will take little time to make for a comeback maybe isn't the strongest. I put him slightly more likely than not overall, with a margin large enough so that him being cut wouldn't be surprising: overall I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable giving any specific character a chance score lower than 50%, but their cumulated chances means it's unlikely that none of them will be cut, similar in strategy to how I approach third-parties (I individually give them low chance scores generally, but cumulated the chances that none of them will make it become low). A complete moveset overhaul otherwise would be completely unprecedented in the history of Smash Bros. and I don't expect it for Dark Pit.

Decloned Dark Pit want: 50%
I'm don't hugely care about Dark Pit, if he's back with a modified moveset that might be fine and maybe interesting. If he's gone he's not going to make me as sad as most other characters.

Travis prediction: 5.66%

Nominating:
Returning fighter: Corrin x4
Returning game mode: Smash Run x1

Last edited:
Top Bottom