• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Troykv

Smash Master
Rex/Pyra and Decidueye are stupid overrated for base game. Still can’t believe they’re considered “most likely”
Well... without the Inklings in the speculation, the only character that have very good reasons to believe he'll appear in the game is Takamaru.

I am half tempted to end this day already to put it out of its misery. This meme was not even a good one.

Once Wyoming Wyoming sends me schedule and I see if people want this day to continue then I will see if I end it early.

Also just to make sure **** days like this do not pop up as much, I am gonna make a blanket rule that a character must have a support thread in existence to be nommed after this day. Then it might take more effort than just nomming a character for two months.
Yes please xD... The Blue Bowser joke already died

the Wii Fit Trainer being in the game at all is an insult to every character that was denied on the basis of not having moveset potential
Wii Fit Trainer is a representative of the succesful Wii Fit Games (and Wii Games in general), and the moveset idea is quite funny.

I feel a bit upset when people outright hate ideas outside their boxes.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Blue Bowser
Chance: 0% - Aside from remakes, it's been 32 years since his last appearance.
Want: 0%

Tethu prediction: 2%

Nominations: Azura x5

D

Deleted member

Blue Bowser
Chance 0%
Want 0%
.... Why wasnt this a double day?

Pred:
Tethu/Tethi: 20%(Lana and tethu are like in my top 10 most wanted in some way, shape, or form....)
Noms:
Sable Prince x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Blue Bowser

Chance - 0% - ...Do I have to explain why this is a %()#@_*%)+@$*& idea?

Want - 0% - ...I feel saddened by the feeling that we have rated worse ideas...

Predictions

Tethu - 2.43% - Shame, this franchise had potential...

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Yeesh, people. It was a little in-joke with the community I run. I'm not even going to give him a joke positive rating. Days on rate the chances are serious business apparently. This has nothing to do with Dark Pit contrary to what Opossum would like you to believe.

I thought it would be funny seeing reactions like the ones that have already been posted in the thread, and people like Opossum are certainly not failing to deliver. That's all. I don't really have anyone I very strongly want to see ranked unironically. Why go out of my way to promote a Z list character I like just to see them ranked poorly?

What this actually came from was a user including Blue Bowser on his fan roster and adamantly defending his inclusion, and insisting he could have an original moveset. I mean, you can force a moveset for it, but you can force a moveset for a plank of wood if you try hard enough. That doesn't mean it's good.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Jake's_Super_Smash_Bros./Playable_Characters#Blue_Bowser
Blue Bowser being the long lost brother of Bowser and somehow a separate character for some reason makes him one of the worst characters ever conceived of in fiction, that's why I nominated him. At birth, Bowser's father apparently saw fit to name Bowser just Bowser, but his brother as Blue Bowser. He kind of destined the regular Bowser to be the one to go on to greatness.

Even if you want a Bowser copy as a different character, there are so many better Bowsers you could pick. Bowletta, Rookie, Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser, Meowser, Royal Sticker Bowser, Super Show Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Bowser the Brash, Wizard Bowser, Black Hole Bowser, Metal Bowser, Cap'n Bowser, Bowser Sphinx, Dreamy Bowser. Seriously, the list goes on for better picks just with Bowser copies alone.

Chance/Want 0%

If this nomination does anything useful, it will show that we rate characters too high. Don't be afraid to use 0%. And don't count scores that outright say in the post they are jokes.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Blue Bowser

Chance: 0.2%
Let it never be said that we'd ever turn a character down for discussion. Under the barest criteria, Blue Bowser is a legal character choice, with a caveat in retro history. But Mario's the only franchise with more than one villain representative, so it'd be terribly unfair to make another Mario villain playable before any other franchise gets a shot.

And then there's the matter of popularity. It would not be a stretch to say that this thread has remembered Blue Bowser more than any other place in the past two decades.

Want: 0.1%
Boy, I sure feel bad for the one schmuck on the internet who wants Blue Bowser in the roster.

Prediction:
Tethu: 11%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Blue Bowser

Chance and Want:

For those that are curious, this is Zero, the main villain of the 11th Pokemon movie featuring Giratina and Shaymin.

Regarding Chance:

Blue Bowser is a long forgotten character who only appeared in the Super Mario 2 in Japan, and when the remakes for it came out, he didn't show up there at all.

Regarding Want:

I don't think I have much to say regarding why I don't want him in Smash. However, I will say this isn't the worst troll nomination I've seen in all my times participating in the RTC. That title goes to Chin during the latter days of RTC Smash Ballot edition.

------

Predictions:

Tethu (Ever Oasis): 2.14%

Ever Oasis wasn't a big hit as far as I'm aware.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Blue Bowser
Chance- 0.1%
Umm... last second joke clone to fill out the roster?

Want- 0%
I would probably initially laugh at this reveal. But it would be a hollow, mirthless laughter. A few hours later, I would probably begin to cry.

In other words, just about how I felt when I saw Blue Bowser slowly but inevitably marching up the nomination list.

Tethu Predictions- 8.8%
Might get a boost by virtue of not being Blue Bowser?

Nominations:
Impa x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Good meme
Blue Bowser
Double zeroes

TetWHO Prediction: 5.24%

Nominations
Decloned Dark Pit x5

Smady

Smash Master
Bowser

Double 0s!

I was debating what would be less likely than Blue Bowser for the sake of argument and basically all Mario enemies and bosses or characters are higher on the totem pole. I'd say one off characters like Piantissimo or Lubba who only appear in single games are more likely and far more wanted. So you have to reach pretty far into the well to find anything comparable.

I'd say it's less likely than something crazy, for example Nintendo buying out the CDi games and putting one of those characters into Smash Bros as a joke. That's something literally anyone would want to see, And if you reach back super far for something referential, you can't pick out a genuinely important retro like DK Arcade DK either. I'd even say Goku or Shrek have a higher chance.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, this character would go above characters who are actively seen as failures to Nintendo, such as a Virtual Boy ROB character, but as SMB2 is hardly seen as a success, it'd be something from a moderate failure at best. Something along the lines of a Mii to represent Wii Music or Sunshine Bowser that is extremely redundant.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

oooookay.

I'm just gonna leave this here and go back to watch Infinity War. Again.

Nom: Skyrim stuff x5

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I have a girlfriend, and she is so Blue Bowser

I think a lot of people are quick to write off Blue Bowser on RTC today, and I think I can somewhat understand where this is coming from. Blue Bowser is an obscure retro choice whose canonical status is ambiguous at best. Other franchises do genuinely deserve villain representation before Blue Bowser should get in, and even Mario has villains like King Boo, Wart, or even Tatanga for a more deserving representation. Additionally, he is among the least known Nintendo characters, as evidenced by the echoing of confusion in this thread, and it would be a shock for Blue Bowser to even be mentioned in Smash.

Or would it? Bowser does have a tip referencing Blue Bowser from SMB2 on the WiiU, as follows: "A Bowser Impostor?! In Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Mario fights a blue fake Bowser before the real thing. That blue fake is his eighth color in this game!" It is clear that Sakurai has shown acknowledgment and even passionate love for this villain, having already designed a model for Blue Bowser in the current Smash Bros. engine. With his existence known by the creators, I would like to put forth a few defenses in support of Blue Bowser before giving my final ranking.

Point 1: Localization
Some may point that the exclusion of Blue Bowser from the release of Super Mario All Stars is a nail in the coffin for Blue Bowser, but I would disagree. Fire Emblem received two representatives in Melee, while the franchise was still Japanese exclusive, and Marth was planned for Smash 64, which was long before any consideration of his series' localization had occurred. Blue Bowser would be a great chance for Nintendo to put something distinctly Japanese exclusive in their crossover game without needing to spend excessive dev time on a character that might flop.

Point 2: Moveset Potential
Bowser's a fun character in Smash Bros. ever since his debut in Melee. However, Bowser has gotten far from his origins, and shows off essentially nothing of his original appearances. Blue Bowser provides a way to show this off without taking away from Bowser's beloved moveset, giving players access to throwable hammers, proper fireballs, and perhaps even the battle ending axe. His use as a retro villain for Mario should not be overlooked when considering his rating.

Point 3: Legacy
Including a Bowser spriting error / Bowser's brother / fake Bowser may seem utterly random and unnecesary, but the Mario games have a long history of fake Bowsers spanning over the decades. From Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, New Super Mario Bros, and Super Mario 3D World, fake Bowsers are a staple of the series, and representation could be justified for this trope of Mario villains. Imagine the story mode implications! I think this memorable character would be the best possible choice for this 'fake Bowser' representative, given the other criteria he matches.

Point 4: Dark Pit

Point 5: Ridley
At this point, Sakurai is probably looking for basically anything to put in over Ridley, so why not Blue Bowser?

Obviously Blue Bowser's chances are slim, and it would take a miracle to get Blue Bowser in Smash Bros. with his own moveset. But from the defenses I've given above, and from a purely utilitarian choice he makes perfect sense, saving dev time to focus on his balance. I merely ask that you take this information in and reconsider your unfairly harsh ratings before the day ends.

Chance: 0%

I may like fun but I mean c'mon I'm not stupid.

Nominations: KOS-MOS x5

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Blue Bowser
I definitely had a laugh nominating this guy, but I guess some people didn't care much for the joke. Oh well. No offense was meant at people who like Dark Pit or any other characters who are an alternative version, I want Dark Samus so I can get where you're coming from.

Chances: 0%

Okay so as a color palette for Bowser this number is obviously much, much higher, but he's an extremely obscure choice on the whole that not many people will get. Nintendo does love their nostalgia for the original Super Mario Bros, but definitely not as much the Lost Levels, and Blue Bowser has regularly gotten retconned in and out of existence which goes to show that the most they'll do is acknowledge his existence. Not exactly the bar we're looking for to get into Smash Brothers, where at this point you basically have to be "iconic" in a very specific way or an advertisement to make the cut, both of which are things Blue Bowser is very far away from. Nevermind how impossible he is to make a worthwhile set for unless you give him SMB1 related props, which were probably left out of Bowser's moveset for good reason.

The joke's all fun and games here, at least for me, but not when he gets into the actual game and you just wish, "God, anyone but this". I mean after all this I might get a laugh out of it but the humor would not last very long and we'd all have to live with Blue Bowser of all characters in the Smash cast now.

Nominations
Dark Samus x 5

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Blue Bowser Chance:
0%
Normally I would leave at least 1%, but in this case it has to be 0%. There is absolutely no way that Blue Bowser becomes its own character. He provides nothing unique and has no reason to be separated from Bowser. The point of a clone apart from a skin swap is that there is some point of difference between the characters that cannot be overlooked. There is no nothing that Blue Bowser can do that Bowser cannot.

Blue Bowser Want:
0%
There are better Mario characters to be added, there are even better Mario clones that could be added.

Predictions:
Tethu - 6.71%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I just want to say how proud I am that an internet fight I got into has gotten to full on invasive in-joke territory

Chances (As separate character): 0%
Like, yeah, this is never going to happen, BUT...

Chances (As Alt. Color!): 100%
Blue Bowser has been in every Smash game by pure technicality. A blue Bowser alt is one of his recurring things, and as such is probably going to end up in Smash 5. So when Smash 5 comes out, and you go through Bowser's alt. colors, just think about how Blue Bowser has had more Smash presence than King K. Rool.

pff the entire reason this joke started is because he's a terrible choice, the only thing i'd want is as an ironic pick

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Wow you seem like the bitter type. I dunno why but I just find that rather interesting.
Not bitter, just extremely opinionated about very stupid things.

Wii Fit Trainer is a representative of the succesful Wii Fit Games (and Wii Games in general), and the moveset idea is quite funny.

I feel a bit upset when people outright hate ideas outside their boxes.
It's also because I really don't like how she plays. If it's someone like Villager or Duck Hunt who turned out to have really great movesets, then I'd be fine. But the Wii Fit Trainer's moveset is like "hey let's make a character whose moves all have like 10 different hitboxes and none of them are ever anywhere near the enemy." And if that was genuinely the best thing Sakurai could come up with and it still made it into the game, then there's no justification for excluding all of those other characters on the basis of moveset potential.

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Blue Bowser:

Chance: 0.00000000000000000000000000001%

Want: 0.01%

Nominations:
Ganon x5

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513

Unless the moveset has 20 clones and Sakurai is reaching or Sakurai just LEGITIMATELY trolling people at this point, it won't happen. Blue Bowser as a Bowser alt color is basically confirmed, though! The fact that Sakurai randomly gave him a trophy and referential color means he is on the radar, so...it's more realistic than No Cuts and that's about it.

Want: 0.1%

I did the initial 1x Blue Bowser vote because I thought it'd be funny to have him on the bottom of the list for memes. I never expected people to get behind it. I'm sorry. 0.1% because the week or so of uproarious laughter from this obscure choice being in (before the instant regret of "oh god someone GOOD could have been in this slot") means they have more appeal to me than Rex & Pyra.

Prediction

Tethu: 8.6%

Nomination

Travis Touchdown x5

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Blue Bowser
I’d give my reasoning, but like Blue Bowser, it would just be a waste of time.

Predictions
Tethu: 6.88%
These next two days (assuming Arle is next up) are going be painful for me.

Nominations
KOS-MOS x 5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just gonna post my scores, day will end at 9:00 AM EDT.

Blue Bowser

0% Chance
1% Want

Literally if we get the lowest rated thing as an actual character that would be amusing. Only slightly tho.

Nominating Spyro x 5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x284
Veteran: Lucas x258
Veteran: Greninja x246
Veteran: Mewtwo x240
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x231
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x230
Impa x227

Over 200:

Ganon x226
Black Shadow x222
Agumon x215
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x205

199-150

Qbby x193
Urban Champion x185
Bomberman x185

Lycanroc x181
Kamek x177
Dark Samus x169
Spyro x164
Sans x163
Travis Touchdown x162
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x162

Funky Kong x161
Azura (Fire Emblem) x160
Simon Belmont x160

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x150

149-100

Mipha x147

Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x143
Masked Link x143
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x140
Sylux x130

Lip (Panel de Pon) x129
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x125
Gengar x125
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x118
Linkle x115
Concept: Skyrim representation x115

Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x114
Parabo & Satebo x114
Fawful x111
KOS-MOS x110
Wonder Red x108
Thwomp x108

Octoling x105
Cranky Kong x105
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Excitebiker x100
Ryu Hayabusa x100

99-75

Mimikyu x94
Tetra x91
Papyrus x88

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Katrielle Layton x82
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Fjorm x75

74-50

Sakura Shinguji x73
Klonoa x70
Slippy Toad x70
Labo related character x68
Veronica x67
Susie x66
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x65
Sable Prince x63

Zeraora (Pokémon) x58
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x58
Steve (Minecraft) x55
Django (Boktai) x55
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x55
Tom Nook x53
Lara Croft x52
Barbara x52

Veteran: Roy x51
Lloyd Irving x50

49-30:

Tingle x49
Veteran: Dr. Mario x47
Starfy x44
Ray (Custom Robo) x43

Concept: Wars character x41
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x41
Gooey x37
Dragonite x37
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Arcade Bunny x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x32
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x32
Primarina x30
Tails x30
Snorlax x29
Toon Zelda x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Viridi x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Stage: New Donk City x25

New entries (post-Purge, 24 and less):

Slime (Dragon Quest) x21
Tora & Poppi x20
Concept: Female Announcer x20

Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
Ayumi Tachibana x10
Mach Rider x8

Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x5
Solaire x5
[Rerate] Squirtle x2

Changes:

Greninja is now 3rd, jumping ahead of Mewtwo once more :troll:
Ganon all of a sudden very close to the top 7. Going to go down to the wire for the final decisive Blue Bowser day.
Marth and Roy speaking English breaks 200 noms
Azura and Simon Belmont break 150 noms
KOS-MOS, Excitebiker, and Ryu Hayabusa break 100 noms
Tom Nook, Barbara, and Lloyd Irving break 50 noms
New addition: Solaire of Astora (x5)

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I shall now vote... *Looks at Blue Bowser.

Chance: x > 0%

Who the hell nominated this monstrosity!?

Nomination:
x5 Lycanroc

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Blue Bowser
Chance and Want:

Predictions: Tethu 7%
Nominations: Gooey x 5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If its all the same to you folks I am ending the day early. I had just got some IRL stuff I got to do tomorrow. Just came up.

DAY OVER, CALCS INCOMING.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chance and Want: 0.1%

Uhh really? It's one month too late for April Fools.

Tethu Prediction: 8.08%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Blue Bowser

0.12% Chance
3.22% Want

No real supersizes here. Honestly would be fun to see if he ever gets rated lower. Might have to slip in a couple of other terrible choices in via double days in the future. Brash the Frickin Bear needs a rate yall.

@GoodGrief741 gets the 5 noms for Blue Bowser.
Today we have Tethlu, from a game I did not know Nintendo produced. I thought it was a Namco Bandai game. Please rate Tethlu in chance and want. Also predict the scores for Arle Nadja.

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) 5/4
Veteran: Lucas 5/5
Veteran: Greninja 5/6
Veteran: Mewtwo 5/7
Impa 5/8
Concept: Veteran Art Reused from Smash 4 (StarTropics) 5/9
Ganon 5/10

Don't worry, I will give headway for which day I decide we will have a joke character added for a double day also to make sure that Blue Bowser has company.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yo Phantom there was still a day left for noms to change this buddy let me do thiiiiis

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Tethlu

Double abstain because I don't know a damn thing about this character.

Arle Nadja: 12.34%

x5 to Simon Belmont

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Blue Bowser

Chance 0%: needs no explanation.

Want 1%: I only give 0% to non video game characters.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tethu

Chance: 3%

Predicting a 12 for Arlo Narnia
Nominating English Marth x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) x286
Veteran: Lucas x258
Veteran: Greninja x256
Veteran: Mewtwo x250
Impa x237
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x236
Ganon x236

Over 200:

Mike Jones (StarTropics) x235
Black Shadow x232
Agumon x225
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x215
Qbby x201

199-150

Bomberman x193
Lycanroc x191

Urban Champion x190

Kamek x183
Dark Samus x179
Simon Belmont x172
Azura (Fire Emblem) x170
Spyro x169
Sans x168
Travis Touchdown x167
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x167

Funky Kong x166

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x155
Mipha x152

149-100

Masked Link x148

Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x146
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Sylux x135
Gengar x130
KOS-MOS x130

Lip (Panel de Pon) x129
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x125
Neku Sakuraba x121
Concept: Skyrim representation x120
Parabo & Satebo x119

Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x118
Linkle x115
Fawful x111
Cranky Kong x110
Thwomp x109
Wonder Red x108

Octoling x105
Excitebiker x102
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Ryu Hayabusa x100

99-75

Mimikyu x99
Tetra x96
Papyrus x93

Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x85
Katrielle Layton x82
Slippy Toad x80
2B (Nier: Automata) x78
Sakura Shinguji x78
Fjorm x75

74-50

Susie x71
Klonoa x70
Labo related character x68
Sable Prince x68
Veronica x67
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x65
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x65
Django (Boktai) x60
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x60

Zeraora (Pokémon) x58
Tom Nook x58
Steve (Minecraft) x55
Lloyd Irving x55
Barbara x53
Tingle x53
Lara Croft x52

Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Starfy x44
Ray (Custom Robo) x43
Gooey x42

Concept: Wars character x41
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x41
Arcade Bunny x39
Dragonite x37
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x32
Primarina x30
Tails x30
Snorlax x29
Toon Zelda x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Viridi x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Stage: New Donk City x25

New entries (post-Purge, 24 and less):

Slime (Dragon Quest) x21
Tora & Poppi x20
Concept: Female Announcer x20

Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
Ayumi Tachibana x10
Mach Rider x8

Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x5
Solaire x5
[Rerate] Squirtle x2

Rankings to be fully updated once posted, just trying to get top 7 out of the way.

And boy, it changed a lot.

Greninja nearly overtook Lucas, but missed out just about.
Impa went from 7th to 5th, but most importantly Ganon sneaks in. It's Mike Jones that tragically misses out.

Changes:

Qbby breaks 200 noms
Mipha breaks 150 noms
Slippy and Sakura break 75 noms
Tingle and Dr. Mario break 50 noms

NEW SCHEDULE TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

04/05: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
05/05: Lucas (Mother)
06/05: Greninja (Pokemon)
07/05: Mewtwo (Pokemon)
08/05: Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
09/05: Concept: recycled artworks from Smash 3DS/Wii U
10/05: Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)

Mike Jones (StarTropics) x235
Black Shadow x232
Agumon x225
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x215
Qbby x201
Bomberman x193
Lycanroc x191

VOTING FOR THESE CHARACTERS IS OBSOLETE

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Tethu:

Chance: 3%

The only way I see Tethu getting in is if Sakurai was really struggling to find characters at the time he made the roster. Even then, there are a good 40-50 characters I could see him going for over Tethu.

Want: 10%

And there are a good 40-50 characters I'd want more than him.

Nominations:

You know what? I feel we've learned a lot more about the Smash planning process, and I've seen the sentiment that these characters may be rated a little highly in terms of chance, so I'm going to get the ball rolling on this now:

Rex/Pyra Rerate: x5

Arle Prediction: 11%

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Blue Bowser

Chance: 0.3%

- Doesn’t Bowser have a blue alt already?

Want: 1%

- Meh.

Prediction

Tethlu: 7.1%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x3
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) x2

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Tethu

Chance- 25%
Want- 75%

Ever Oasis got burried, from it's initial reveal next to Breath of the Wild, upuntil its release in 2017. The sad part is, Ever Oasis wasn't that bad, I found it underwhelming especially comparing to the previous RPG I was playing before it. But I do like Tethu's cute middle eastern design. Not personally rooting for him/her but I would not be mad if they show up.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

Top Bottom