• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Phoenix Wright

Chance 1%
He doesn't seem iconic enough
We already have two capcom characters
If we get a third, I don't think it would be him

Want 0%

Prediction Eggman 4%

Nominate Lara Croft x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Phoenix
Chance: 8% - There’s no doubt that he’s an extremely iconic character who’d probably be very well recieved among fans. Unfortunately, I feel he’s outclassed by several more likely third party characters. The fact that we already have two characters from Capcom doesn’t help.
Want: 30%

Eggman prediction: 9%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Phoenix Wright:

Chance: Abstain

Want: Abstain

I know too little about this topic to make a fair post.

Nominations:
Ganon x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Firebird Right
Chance: 2%
Want: 35%

Eggman Prediction: 9.32%

Nominations
9-Volt x4
Decloned Dark Pit x1

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Chance: 3%
Although the Ace Attorney franchise has been almost exclusively on Nintendo consoles,it is not very iconic, especially compared to titles with characters currently in Smash like Mega Man and Street Fighter and titles that have yet to get any representation like Resident Evil or Monster Hunter. The only way I can see Phoenix Wright getting into Smash is if Capcom gets at least five representatives, new or veteran alike, in the next game, which is highly doubtful.

Want: 75%
I just started playing the Ace Attorney series recently and I have already enjoyed playing it due to its unique premise and gameplay. I am sure this percentage will only increase as I continue through the trilogy and the rest of the series because I already find intriguing after a mere 20 minutes or so of playtime so far. I also think that Wright himself would play uniquely and perhaps be able to pull from major aspects of Ace Attorney like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. (If he does get in, though, I hope he will actually be viable in competitive play.)

Prediction:
Dr. Eggman: 8.27%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x3
Spyro x2

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
OBJECTION!!!

Chance: 20%

I don't view him as a likely inclusion though I do think there's a chance for him to make the roster. Wright has a lot of popularity and is a huge internet meme so lots of people are aware of the character and his franchise. Ultimately, I see him getting passed up for other third party characters.

Want: 65%

I don't have a strong desire for Phoenix Wright in the game although I think his series is pretty neat and he would bring something new to the table never before seen in Smash.

Prediction: Dr. Eggman

Chance: 13%
Want: 38%

Nominations

Masked Link X 5

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Phoenix Wright Chance:
16%
I don't think the problem is with Phoenix Wright himself, it is with Capcom. I really don't see Capcom getting a third representative. He is requested a lot though, so I wouldn't put him out completely.

Phoenix Wright Want:
5%

Never played Ace Attorney, but I wouldn't mind him.

Dr. Eggman Predictions:
27.19%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 5%

In the event that a third Capcom series gets chosen, which isn't impossible, I'm honestly not quite sure Ace Attorney would be the one. Phoenix Wright has a bit of support, yes, but Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are more successful series overall and I can't help but feel they'd want to include something from one of those two instead. And then there's high competition from other third parties and their difficult to predict nature. I just can't give him a high ranking.

That being said I'd totally be down with his inclusion. There are a few more notable third parties I'd rather see, but I adore Ace Attorney and I'd be really interested to see what Sakurai comes up with for his moveset.

Eggman prediction: 7.82%

Nominations: Banjo & Kazooie x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 15%

He's up there for one of the most iconic gaming reps in the visual novel/brain teaser genre alongside Layton, and his games have a strong relationship with Nintendo as well. He even has a pretty solid support-base when it comes to Smash, but seeing how Capcom already has two far more iconic reps in Smash in the form of Megaman and Ryu... I don't know if they'd be willing to go for a third. There is still a possibility, but then there's also the issue that Phoenix Wright has to compete with other iconic Capcom stars like Monster Hunter or someone from Resident Evil.

Want: 0%

Phoenix Wright is a cool character and all, and he has an interesting moveset in UMvC3. Those two things aside, I don't have any interest in seeing this lawyer in Smash.

------

Predictions

Dr. Eggman (Sonic): 19.36%

Certainly iconic for a villain, but whether or not Sega wants two Sonic reps is yet to be seen.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Phoenix Wright want: 0% (1-10*)

Nominations:

Masked Link x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
So... Phoenix Wright

Chance: 10%

Popular, but not the most profitable character.

Want: 60%

Ace Attorney is a really cool franchise.

Prediction time!

Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: 10.3%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Basty

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chances: 30%
Important to Nintendo, already been in a fighting game to make a moveset from, by Capcom, a good rep of the Visual Novel style of games and Capcom never has a problem with handing characters out. If he's going to get in, he needs a big switch game, and that'd make him a big DLC character more than likely.

Want: 100%
My all time favourite Capcom character, and the first Ace Attorney is in my top 10 favourite games of all time. His playstyle in Marvel is so fun and could work well in Smash

Robotnik: 20%

Saki x3
Urban Champion x2

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Phoenix Wright
20% Chance
100% Want

TDLR since I am in a rush, he has Nintendo loyalty like Layton and is a big name. Similar reasoning to Layton but I am a fan of him.

Nominating Spyro x 5

Day over calcs in the morning

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Phoenix Wright:
Chance: 6% -
He's iconic, and he's basically exclusive to Nintendo. But Capcom already has two reps, and if they get a third it'll probably be Monster Hunter.
Want: 100% - I love Ace Attorney.

Prediction: Dr. Eggman
Chance: 12.97%
Want: 63.91%

Nominations:

Sora x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Missed Phoenix's Day...

Profound... Sadness...

Either way: if it's not too late:
Chance: 21.5%
Want: 10000000000%.

That is all.

Last edited:
"we wont get two reps from one company"
---->
"We wont get three reps from one company"

How many people want to bet there will be :no way we get 2 characters from the same third party series" for Eggman :p

(this was not the majority but still felt like ****posting)
:061:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Phoenix wright
I think this about every third party. They are all as likely as each other.

Want: 50%
I love the ace attorney games. He also looked cool in UMVC3

Nominations:
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Phoenix Wright would not have to worry about any competition with Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, or any other Capcom IPs getting characters. I believe that Wright likely has the biggest amount of ballot votes out of all Capcom candidates based on the frequent support I have seen during the time of ballot voting. Though I do not think he amounts enough votes to break in the top 5, he should not have to worry about having other Capcom competition thanks to ballot position alone. I think the ballot will be where Sakurai takes the most influence from for third-party choices.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
phoenix wright

chances: 20% i dont see it happening but it could

want: 80% i am very fond of the series

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Anna

9.49% Chance
28.31% Want

Ouch. The FE hate was strong, Anna could not sell the idea of herself in Smash.

Phoenix Wright
14.49% Chance
49.07% Want

Wow. Guess Phoenix was not too objectionable, as many high scores helped offset the many anti third party posts.

@Lord-Zero was .1% point off for Anna, get 10 noms. andimidna andimidna was .1 off from Phoenix, so they get 10 noms as well.

Today we are rating Eggman, please rate Eggman in chance and want. Also predict the scores for Jibanyan tomorrow.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Dr. Robotni... Oh sorry, Eggman
Chances: 1%
If we get a second character from Sonic, it will be either Tails, Knuckles or maybe even Shadow.

Eggman would be quite a fun unique character to play with all his machines and probably badnik minions he could use.

x5 to Elma.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Eggman

Chance: 5%
Aside from the fact that we don't even know if we're getting more than one rep for a third-party series, I can think of at least three other Sonic characters that would realistically get in Smash before Eggman.

Want: 20%
I don't mind getting a second Sonic character, but this guy wouldn't be my first choice.

Predictions:
Jibanyan Chance: 45.5%
Jibanyan Want: 31.5%

Nominations:
Mipha x5

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Dr. Eggman
Chance - 15%
I think if Sakurai were to add another Sonic rep it'd be Tails or Shadow. That being said, if Sakurai decides to add tons of villains since everyone was clamoring for them in Smash 4, Eggman would be near the top of my priority list. I mean, can you imagine Bowser, Ganondorf, King K Rool, and Eggman beating the hell out of each other? That sounds AWESOME!

Want - 90%
Pretty much for the dream match listed above. -10% just because I've got little to no connection to the series and the only Sonic games I've played are Unleashed and 06 as a joke.

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Doctor Eggman

Chance: 2.5%

We don't know if any third party franchises will get a second rep, but if they do Sonic is up there as surely the one which will first. He would also have to compete with Tails (surely the likely 2nd choice) and Knuckles as well, but surely Eggman would be considered at the very least.

Want: 60%
He's one of the coolest and most iconic choices for a villain rep in Smash, which we are sorely lacking. Would be much more unique than Tails or Knuckles in all probability and I believe Sonic would deserve a second rep in Smash as well.

Nominating Ganon x5

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Look! It's a giant talking egg!

Chance- 20%
Popularity, relevance, importance and move set won't be an issue as long as Sega makes Sonic games. However, a 2nd character in a 3rd party series is unprecedented, so its hard to say whether or not it'll be a toss up between another Sonic character or a 3rd Sega series getting a character. Even then, theres always the matter of other Sonic characters that are equally as popular, like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow etc.

Want- 40%
Multiple characters in one 3rd party series may be a slippery slope for the worst (Inb4 "There's too many Bayonetta characters!" and "Mega Man deserves another rep too!"), and my go to 2nd Sonic character would be good ol Cuckles, but Eggman would be "next in line" if we cant get Knux and I wouldn't despise his inclusion. Being in as much Sonic games as Sonic himself, he was an unforgettable face when I played the Sonic games as a kid and I liked that he always had a new machine to stop Sonic at every turn. He's a villain too, so bonus points.

Jibanyan- 24.33%

Banjo Kazooie X 4
Thwomp X 1

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Dr. Eggman

Chances: 50%
I can see Sonic getting a 2nd rep but I have no idea who. Knuckles or Tails seem most likely but I can also see Metal Sonic or Shadow as a semi-clone. Eggman is certainly an option and would probably be the most unique out of the other options but I can see it going either way.

Want: 100%
Eggman would probably be the best next Sonic rep due to his unique potential compared to other Sonic characters. Plus I am weird and can not pick just Tails or just Knuckles and do not see more than 1 new Sonic newcomer coming so this is also the better solution (compared to the debatebily less significant to the franchise semi-clones mentioned above) to my weird ocd with this.

Nomination: Linkle X5

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Eggman
Chance: 20%
Without proper precedent set on third parties franchises receiving multiple representatives I cannot say with any certainty that he would get in, and even if they could, I see Eggman being stage hazard before a fighter since Sega would most likley choose Tails over him

Want: 0%
I will preface this by saying that I am without a doubt a huge Sonic fan, and have played the games since I was a kid, I still do and despite some of it's pratfalls I still love the series and character. But that said, I do not want another Sonic representative. Sega has so many franchises that go untouched and are completely unknown (mostly in the west) that they could pull from. Puyo Puyo, NiGHTS, Super Monkey Ball, Jet Set Radio, Sakura Wars, etc. I would take any of these (preferably Puyo Puyo and NiGHTS) over another Sonic character. Sonic is represented by Sonic, other series should be represented too.

Nomination:
x5 Primarina

SonicMario

Smash Master
Dr. Eggman
Chances: 10%

This much might even be a little too generous. Quite a few factors are in play here.

Will they allow a singular 3rd Party franchise to get two reps? I doubt it for the main game, but DLC is certainly possible. And Sonic would probably be the most likely one to get it, besides maybe Final Fantasy. I think if this "rule" is broken it will come through DLC given every single one of the 3rd Party DLC characters basically broke at least one fanmade rules about 3rd Parties. Basically all bets are off come DLC time. A 2nd Sonic character is hardly going to be one of the most impossible choices.

Competition. Even if Sonic is given a 2nd Rep it's quite possible Tails would be prioritized being the equivalent of Sonic's Luigi. I think Eggman still provides a challenge for Knuckles and Shadow to overcome. But I would find it hard to see him chosen before Tails simply because we have precedence of sidekicks/Player 2 being placed in Smash before the Main Villain. Luigi before Bowser as well as Diddy when we still don't have K. Rool. Though if I were to rate Tails today even I'd say his chances aren't much higher at about 15-20%. It's still very possible they leave Sonic to his lonesome after all.

As a bit of an addendum to competition, there is the deal with Moveset. Eggman would either have to be a bigger version of Bowser Jr. with his own kind of tools in order to be somewhat easy or otherwise Sakurai would have to really get the mind going on how to represent Eggman. Characters like Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow could all be used as somewhat a base off Sonic. Not saying they'd all be Sonic clones but it's certainly feasible that they include at least a few moves shared with Sonic.

Also if series bosses ever return, it may fit more for Eggman to be a boss for every single character to get to fight. That way you still have a chance of some fun Mike Pollock lines even if he's not necessarily going to be playable.

All in all, I don't think it's impossible that we get a 2nd Sonic rep. But I do think the circumstances makes it so we'd have to wait until the DLC period to see if one shows up. But much like the end of the Hero story in Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman might find himself bested by a little foxboy should it happen.

I'd vastly prefer Tails to make it. But Eggman would be the next best thing. If it were to happen, I'd be disappointed at first we didn't get Tails. But Eggman's still a preferable choice to Knuckles (Who's mainly requested because he's seen as the most natural fighter of the 2nd Sonic rep candidates, but when it comes to iconic status in the Sonic franchise. Both Tails and Eggman should out prioritize him. To me, it'd be like getting Wario before Luigi and Bowser) and especially Shadow.

D

Deleted member

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Chance: 25%
He's an often dismissed candidate for a possible 2nd Sonic character in favor of Shadow,Tails and Knuckles. And yet, he's as old as Sonic, being here since the very first entry.
Here's how he would be played though, and I think he'd take great inspiration from :4bowserjr:.

Want: 35%
It's kind of a mixed bag.
I don't think Sonic should get a second rep, but at the same time I wouldn't mind it.
And while I appreciate Eggman, if we'd get a second Sonic character, I'd prefer them to be Tails or Shadow.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Jibanyan prediction: 14.23%

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dr. Robotnik

Chance: 15%
Want: 10%

Sonic's the only third party franchise I could definitely see getting a second rep, just based on the history between the two companies and the fact that Mario and Sonic were the main rivals in the 90s.

That being said, Tails had better come first. He's always been my favorite character so I would take him before Eggman.

Prediction for Jibanyan: 24.9%
Nomination: Skyrim representation x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not think we will get another SEGA character in Smash Switch, especially any new Sonic characters. Unless Eggman ranked high on the ballot (Which is probably not the case, I think Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles are more popular), I cannot see him being seriously considered. I do not see Eggman as a notable contender for Smash Switch.

x5 Sora

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Eggman

Chance 2%
Want 0%

If he were a 1st party character I’d rate him very high but he isn’t so I have my reservations. If Sonic were to get a second character I suspect it’d be Tails.

Cranky x2
Kamek x3

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dr. Eggman:

Chance - 2%
Kind of surprised by the generous scores branded about here. He's popular, but so are Tails, Knuckles and Shadow. He probably has the most move set potential, which I do kind of agree with, but to me Tails seems like the natural selection for a 2nd Sonic representative. He can even do some of Eggman's gimmicks as seen in the Adventure games and whatnot.

Not to mention we never had a 2nd character from a third party series. That can change, yes, but based on information we know now that seems highly unlikely. I cannot give him a high score on current knowledge.

Want: 15%
Eh I can see the benefits of having him on the roster. I don't particularly find him interesting myself, even if the move set potential is definitely there. He definitely does deserve representation in some way, however. Two Smash games and the best he gets is a trophy. Even Silver had a stage background appearance.

Jibanyan prediction: 17.8%

Noms: Isabelle x3, Black Shadow x2

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Dr. Eggman

He is the main villain and has consistently appeared, so he's important to his own franchise. But that's assuming Sonic will get another character, which I'm not betting will happen anytime soon.

Want: 95%

I would love to have him as another mech-riding character, and I would like to see his moveset utilize his many boss encounter weapons. I'm also a fan of his voice actor, I like his design and personality, and I recognize him more than most of the currently popular potential newcomers.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dr. Eggman

I think if any rid party franchise were to get a second character, it would be Sonic, no questions asked. I also firmly believe that the only two options are Tails and Eggman. Not Knuckles. Not Amy. Not Shadow. Not anyone else. Just Tails and Eggman.

Want: 80%
You know what they say, the more the merrier.

Predicting a 14.5 for Jibanyan
Nominating Marth Gets His English Voice x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Eggman

Chance: 25%

We don't know what Sakurai thinks of adding a second character from a 3rd party franchise. If he's okay with it, the Sonic franchise would be the likeliest to get their secondary character. And I'd argue Eggman would actually be the likeliest Sonic character, as he's stuck around since the original Sonic the Hedgehog.

Want: 90%

Best Sonic character IMO. Plus we need more villains and this guy is probably the most iconic villain that has yet to join the bout.

Predictions for Jibanyan: 53.74%

Nominations: Hades x5

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Dr. Eggman
Chances:
5%
Want: 50%

I want him as a Boss Fight in a Story mode, not as a playable character.

Nomination:
Agumon x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Dr. Eggman Chance: 10%

While I honestly think a Sonic newcomer is rather likely, I can't see Eggman being chosen over Tails or Shadow. That said he's still a prominent character within his franchise, so I don't think it's impossible.

Literally the only third party I want in Smash that has yet to be included.

Jibanyan Prediction: 20%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

andimidna

Smash Master
Sad to see Anna fall so much from Smash 4 to Smash Switch. She was just outside of the top 10 most wanted characters in the last version of this thread, and she’s only become more prominent and popular. Guess that’s the impact of quick FE clones and late Corrin DLC. W/e

Dr. Eggman:

I don’t think that they *can’t* have 2 characters from the same 3rd party series, but I stand by it making no sense. It’s not their job to represent those franchises, but just give that little taste adding to the overal iconicness of the roster, which will only be done by the main/ most iconic character of the series, and is all that is necessary. Anything else just comes off as bottom of the barrel for me. I don’t want Eggman, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, you name it. Only character in that category I’d want to see is Jeanne and they have no good reason to add her. Focus on Nintendo

Chance: 1%
Barred not only by being a part of a bad concept, but having a decent chunk of competition within that concept. Shadow is more requested, Tails is more iconic. I’d definitely be surprised
Want: 1%
He looks like he’d be the most interesting of the new Sonic character choices, but I’ve always found the designs from the series to be pretty ugly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jibanyan prediction: 12.5%

x2 Ghirahim
x6 Azura
x1 Sylux
x1 Impa

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Dr. Eggman want: 0% (2-10*)

Nominations:

Decloned Ganondorf x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:
Top Bottom