• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Waluigi want: 0% (4-10*)

If he had his own game and moveset, I'd want him a lot more.

Nominations:

Neku x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Waluigi

Chance 45%: Difficult to say for sure but could still be possible.

Want 25%: There are better Mario characters they could add.

Nominations:
Jibanyan 3x
Skull Kid 2x

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Waluigi Oficial Wah

Chance: 10% (10 in 100, or 1 in 10)
He his one of the mostrar requested characters, did great on various fans's ballot, and most important: he have personality. However, I ser him on the same boat as Daisy. They're sticked/stucked with only spin offs tittles, and have to compete with Capt Toad and Paper Mario (maybe even Pauline If she starts to make more appearances)

Want: 70%
He is Waluigi. Just that

Nominations: Concept: Project Octopath Traveller ❤5

Prediciton: Chibi Robo 14.7%

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
WALUIGI TIME BABY!

Chances: 50% - I really don't know. Waluigi has been fairly requested since Brawl and he was always limited as an AT. Back in SSB4 Sakurai even did a lot of jokes about it. Now I guess Waluigi is the most surefire Mario character to be in Smash maybe aside Captain Toad, but idk.

Want: 100% - been wanting him since Brawl. It's about time.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ok, so, this isn’t a rant towards anyone here; I think today’s RTC has been super civil and I’m glad, but since today is Waluigi’s day in the spotlight I just wanted to express something that gets my goat. Whenever I express my extreme desire to play as Waluigi in Smash, I hear this expression (or some variation of it) used way too often.

Oh, people don’t actually like him; you just want him for the memes”.

Excuse me, but no. I’ve been playing Mario spin-offs like Kart and Party since I was a little kid, and I’ve always liked Waluigi, waaaay before I knew about his Internet popularity, or BitF, or any of that. Waluigi has always stood out to me in a way that none of the other Mario characters do: He’s got personality. When you look at the rest of Mario’s cast, you see a lot of the same thing: hyper-energetic, bright-eyed do-gooders. Waluigi is outlandish and goofy, but that makes him feel so unique and fun to play as! That’s why I support him for Smash; because he brings something great to the Mario cast, and I think he would bring that same fun personality to Smash Bros.

Again, I’m not trying to call anyone out here. If you don’t like Waluigi, or you do but it’s because you love BitF or the hundreds of gifs (trust me, I do as well) that’s perfectly fine. Just don’t assume that people only like a character because they’re a gag on the Internet.

This comes from someone who also supports Tingle, so trust me, I get this a lot

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Ok, so, this isn’t a rant towards anyone here; I think today’s RTC has been super civil and I’m glad, but since today is Waluigi’s day in the spotlight I just wanted to express something that gets my goat. Whenever I express my extreme desire to play as Waluigi in Smash, I hear this expression (or some variation of it) used way too often.

Oh, people don’t actually like him; you just want him for the memes”.

Excuse me, but no. I’ve been playing Mario spin-offs like Kart and Party since I was a little kid, and I’ve always liked Waluigi, waaaay before I knew about his Internet popularity, or BitF, or any of that. Waluigi has always stood out to me in a way that none of the other Mario characters do: He’s got personality. When you look at the rest of Mario’s cast, you see a lot of the same thing: hyper-energetic, bright-eyed do-gooders. Waluigi is outlandish and goofy, but that makes him feel so unique and fun to play as! That’s why I support him for Smash; because he brings something great to the Mario cast, and I think he would bring that same fun personality to Smash Bros.

Again, I’m not trying to call anyone out here. If you don’t like Waluigi, or you do but it’s because you love BitF or the hundreds of gifs (trust me, I do as well) that’s perfectly fine. Just don’t assume that people only like a character because they’re a gag on the Internet.

This comes from someone who also supports Tingle, so trust me, I get this a lot
Don't put stock into those people.

I wouldn't be surprised if half of those people also wants Shrek, who is nothing but a meme these days

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Chance: 10%

For comparison, I gave Daisy 5%. I don't believe either are likely as any suggestions I've seen for both feel like hodgepodge movesets of spinoff games for the sake of it. This said, I think the wackiness of it matches Waluigi more, and think he's somewhat more popular.

Want: 75%

I love Waluigi. He's absurdly comical and I'm not opposed to seeing him appear in bigger roles.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
may edit this with better words later

WAAAAAAAA

Chance: 20%

I think there will be a Mario newcomer and he has a shot, but I'm not convinced he's the most likely.

Want: 5%

I actually love Waluigi, I just never had much interest in him as a Smash fighter.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 10.34%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Waluigi

Chance: 40%

He's not relevant to anything really but he sure is popular.

Want: 45%
You could make a really fun and funny moveset out of the Mario spin-offs for him, and i'd definitely play him a little if he got in. On the other hand i'd easily choose Paper Mario and either Toad or Captain Toad over him to put in the next Smash. At least he's not Daisy.

Nominate Ganon x5

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Waaaluigi

Chance: 35%

Waluigi is popular and could make for an interesting character moveset wise. However, his status as Mr. Spin Off could be a problem. Smash tends to kinda ignore spin offs outside of trophies and music (every once in a while you might get a stage like the Paper Mario one in 4 or the Mario Kart stages in Brawl and onward). I feel like the ballot would be his best bet.

Want: 65%

He'd be absolutely hilarious, I'd give him some playtime for sure. However, when it comes to potential Mario newcomers, I'd rather have Paper Mario.

Chibi-Robo Prediction: 13% Chance / 52% Want

Nominate: Elma x 5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Waluigi
Chance: 55%
He seems like a good newcomer choice, but has he tried hard enough?
Want: 75%
I think it's finally Time.

Chibi-Robo prediction: 19%
Noms: Mike Jones x5

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Dang people are being really conservative with their chances here. Allow be to be the opposite.
Waluigi
Chance - 75%
I think this guy has gotten requested so much that he will definitely be added for the next game. There's only so long they can go without adding him in as playable and making his fans more and more angry when he gets added as an assist trophy.

Want - 60%
I liked using this guy when I was younger in Mario Kart because he was crude and purple. Once the memes of him started taking off I found myself enjoying him more and more and I think he'd be a really fun joke character that uses moves from all the Mario sports and party games. We could have Waluigi Pinball as a stage and his final smash could end up being a mega strike from Mario Strikers Charged.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Were you expecting a catchy title? (you know the drill)

Chance: 25%

I think Waluigi might have a slightly better chance this time around. From what I see he's one of the more popular newcomers out there and one of the most popular characters among the Nintendo-owned ones. I also think he did very well on the Ballot. Additionally, his status as a meme as well as his recognition among casual fans boosts his chances I think. Of course he always faces competition in the form of Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and maybe even Geno.

Want: 80%

My favorite Mario newcomer for sure. But personally I want to see more of N64 Waluigi and less of the Gamecube-onwards version of him. I mean back when despite being comedy relief he was still treated as a threat. Remember that time he made short work of Bowser in Mario Party 3? I want to see that character in the game and less of the pure comedic relief he became.

And just look at those evil eyes...

I really wish they kept that characterization about him.

Prediction: Chibi-Robo

Chance: 4%
Want: 42%

Nominations

Mike Jones X 3
Concept: Advance Wars CO X 2

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I really want a Waluigi game. I don't want him getting stuck with a lame sports moveset.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I personally resonate with Crump's statement a lot. Yeah, I did mention BiTF specifically, but even I must say in the big picture it is purely supplemental with Waluigi's actual in game character. I still remember the intros to Mario Tennis, Mario Power Tennis, and the ending of Mario Super Sluggers scene for scene specifically because of Wario & Walugi's antics. Without those, there would be no material to exaggerate and parody. Even in losing portraits for Mario Party mini games, where youd expect the least amount of character to be shown, Waluigi is there pulling on his own mustache, complaining about other players cheating, then vowing to pursue cheating himself, etc. He has an extra layer of detail put into him that no other Mario character gets.

Also, yes, I agree that a Waluigi Game is much overdue. This is the time him having no connection to any other Mario games or characters would be useful; the developers could do pretty much whatever they want to!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Waluigi
chance: 35%

I've been thinking about this long and hard. Because ultimately his situation is very weird. On one hand, he really doesn't have much competition now and he is still super popular. I hear casuals talk about him a lot as well as the more hardcore smash fans.

On the other hand though, he wasn't chosen for the past two times and nothing major has changed for him. It's not like Kid Icarus or Punch out where they got a major new game. Waluigi hasn't really changed in any way in games he is in since smash 4. And we really don't know the requirements if there is any to promote from an assist trophy.

Want: 40%
Not my first choice for mario newcomer. But he does have his own unique charm I will admit.

Nominations:
Ashley (Warioware) x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ugh I gotta keep up with this thread.

Waluigi

Chances: 15% - He has a lot against him including other characters in the Mario series. Being side shafted as a spinoff character isn't gonna help his chances

78% - Because DAT CROTCH CHOP TAUNT

Nomination Gengar x4
Mike Jones x1

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Chance: 75%

This would be due to his immense popularity, great moveset potential, and when it comes to Mario reps, he's probably the number one pick. I don't see him having any legit competition now that we have Bowser Jr. and Rosalina. All the important characters are in (aside from Toad, but Peach y'know) and it's time to show love to our purple God.

Want: 100%

I've been wanting him for over 10 years. He's the only character I play as in spin-offs and is far and away my favorite Mario character. I love his annoying habits, awful personality and pure saltiness when he loses. He's the *best* option for a Mario rep and one that I would gladly spam his taunts with in online matches.

Kozukata Yuri x5 (Fatal Frame)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok so I am at pax rn, my internet is not great, so calcs will be late.

Waluigi
35% Chance
70% Want

Don’t have much to say today, just scores. I like the character, he has barriers, there is not much I can add rn.

Nominating no cuts x 5

DAY Over

Please Rate Chibi Robo in Chance and want, predict Shovel Knight Scores

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Chibi Robo.
Chance 30%
I could see the series getting some more in Smash, but I think other franchises will get priority
Want: 30%
I have no connection to this series

Nominate
Skull Kid x3
Parabo and Satebo x1
Lara Croft x1

Prediction
Shovel Knight 31%

D

Deleted member

Chibi-Robo

Chance: 2.5%

He had a game recently, but said game killed the series according to the devs. And then he was set on fire.

Want: 50%

No strong feelings either way.

Prediction: Shovel Knight - 27.5%

Nomination: Shulk x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Chibi-Robo

Chance: 5%

Dead franchise; killed by a crappy last resort 3DS spinoff. There's certainly some demand to put him in Smash, however.
Although, there's this iconic tweet. Might mean something, but I doubt it.

Want: ABSTAIN

Never played any of his games, and I don't care either way.

Nominations:
Shulk x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chibi-Robo

Chance:5%

His chance is the same as Isaac, Saki, and Andy. His 3DS game is potentially the last game in the Chibi-Robo series.

Shovel Knight Prediction: 19.67%

Nominations

Lucas x3
New Donk Cityx2

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Chibi Robo
Chance: 22%
I do think the Chibi Robo franchise needs more exposure. However, I think there are many more established franchises (both represented and non-represented) that have better potential and higher priority.
Want: 18%
I wouldn’t mind seeing him playable, but he’s towards the bottom of my list.
Prediction
Shovel Knight: 36%
Nominations :
Arle Nadja x 3
Tethu (Ever Oasis) x 2

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
CHEEBO!

Chance: 37% - Let's be real here. Chibi-Robo's series is NOT in a good place. Zip lash was the supposed last-ditch attempt at finding a market for the little guy. and I don't know if I've ever seen a game's price plummet as fast as Zip Lash did. within like 2 months i was seeing the amiibo sets on clearance for like $10 that said. Chibi has a TON of potential as a smash character. and even if his franchise is dead, it doesn't have to stay dead. appearing in smash could give him the boost he needs to get people interested in him again. plus there are very few first party series that have no representation left. and even fewer from Chibi's era. If Sakurai dreams something up for him i doubt "his series is dead" will be enough reason to not include him. heck, when was the last Ice Climbers game? anyone? how about the last Mother? but those series got characters. So that shouldn't stop Chibi. plus based on that tweet a few weeks back, Nintendo clearly hasn't forgotten the little guy and are still willing to utilize him for things.

Want: 90% - admittedly, i haven't played much of his series. but what little i had played of his first game was incredibly charming there's just something really adorable about him and he'd definitely be a good fit for smash, so I'd love to see him get in, and I'd definitely play as him if he did!

Shovel Knight Prediction: 32.5%

Nominations
Qbby x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Chibi-Robo

Maybe Sakurai will take some pity on the poor little guy.

I've never played a Chibi-Robo game, but he's so cute and he's been through a lot. Seriously, Nintendo? He is a good boy and he deserves better than to have his entire future ride on the sales of a really sub-par platformer spin-off. I hope Sakurai gives him the spotlight he deserves so Nintendo will think twice about retiring him.

Shovel Knight prediction: 40%

Nominations:

Travis Touchdown x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Chibi Robo

Dead series, but a bit less dead than Golden Sun or Advance Wars. He did atleast have a ''''''game'''''' around the time the roster probably was decided.

Want: 65%

Haven't played a Chibi Robo game but i'm all for reviving his franchise through Smash.

Predictions:
Shovel Knight 28.59%

Nominations:
Hades x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 15%
This chance score is me being generous. His series is dead. Nintendo issued an ultimatum that if Zip Lash failed Chibi was to be retired and whereas it worked for Awakening, Zip Lash was garbage and he is gone for now. They only reason Chibi has a chance higher than zero is because I don't think sales is the deciding factor for characters (though strong sales do help), there aren't many new games to get characters from this Smash, and Sakurai may want to put him Smash to help save the series. Barring that the little guy is gone.

I love Chibi Robo and I want his series to continue plus Skip makes some really good games but they never succeed for some reason. They need a win and I think Chibi Robo in Smash is the start of that.

noms: Tethu X5

Shovel Knight-36%

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Chibi Robo

I'm not even sure what to think about him because he's franchise isn't in a good position... but... He has the strange luck of being one of these characters that got games in the barren 2014-2016 age where Smash Switch will take inspiration... So yeah, not exactly likely, but has the timing luck in his side this time... Also, Chibi Robo look like the kind of character that Sakurai would love to do a moveset.

Want: 50%

I'm pretty neutral with thim.

________

Prediction time!

Shovel Knight: 19.4%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Chibi Robo ♥

Chance: 30%
If Sakurai is looking to add new series (or series that still need representation), then this will boost up his chance!The problem is his franchise's current state

Cool, unique, beautiful! I would love having him as a playable character!!!

Nominations: Project Octopath Traveller Character ♥5

Prediction on Shovel Knight: 41% FOR SHOVELRY

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Since today is Chibi Robo's day, I will type the rest of my response like this

Chibi Robo

Chance-5%
Unfortunately, Nintendo doesn't care about this series. Sakurai doesn't seem to have any particular interest in reviving it either. This series consists of one main entry that was released at the tail end of the Game Cube's life, so sales were low, leading to about 4 more spin off games that were either Japan only, Eshop only, or 2D platformers that dont fit the character and released at a time 2D platformers were needed the least.

Want- 60%
Mostly because of the **** this guy went trough. Yeah, we feel bad for the likes of Isaac and King K Rool, but they at least had A time to shine. His one mainline game was pretty fun for what it's worth too, but it came out at the end of the life of Nintendo's 2nd worst selling home system, and never got a mainline game again.

Shovel Knight- 34.17%

Thwomp X 1
Doomguy X 4

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Chibi Robo

Chance: 10%

Zip Lash arguably killed the Chibi Robo franchise sadly and not one of Chibi's games ever sold gangbusters. He used to be a popular Smash choices pre-Brawl, but even his following is kind of dying. It will take a miracle, like Sakurai finding him a unique fighter.

Chibi Robo is a classic and his design has tons of appeal. He deserved so much better than all the mess he's bean through and he can clean his way to the hearts of Nintendo fans like myself.

Prediction for Shovel Knight: 13%

Nomination: Tsubasa Oribe x5

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 15%

Not only did Zip Lash probably kill the series, but in general I think Chibi-Robo is a fairly low priority. Not obscure enough to work as a WTF character and doesn't have anything close to a large demand. With that said his potential moveset is something I could see appealing to Sakurai, but that's one small possibility against a lot of evidence saying he won't be in Smash.

Want: 95%

He's adorable and could be a very fun fighter with a new moveset.

Prediction for Shovel Knight: 40%

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Chibi-Robo

Things aren't looking too good for him ever since his last game.

Want 5%
Not my type of character.

Nominations: Lip ×5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo:
Skip this part if you don't want to read a history lesson.

Ah Chibi-Robo. I think this calls for some mood music.

Chibi-Robo has always been unlucky. He started life as a Bandai-Namco character, but wound up a Nintendo character when Skip ltd. needed funding. His first game, Plug into Adventure, had a rocky development, going from a point-and-click adventure to a 3D platform. Due to the change in direction, it released on the Gamecube during its final year while the Wii stole all the spotlight. Still, the game was good, and got decent ratings. It hid a story about a crumbling relationship behind a cutesy veneer, which surprised a lot of people. It didn't sell as well as hoped, but the positive reviews encouraged development of a sequel. Chibi-Robo was here to stay.

Unfortunately, the next game in the series, Park Patrol, wasn't quite as good. Park Patrol had Chibi-Robo shoved into it halfway through development. It was originally a game about growing flowers, but Skip wanted to include their brand new mascot. To be fair, it wasn't a bad game, and they managed to fit Chibi-Robo in nicely, but it wasn't what fans of the series expected. Unfortunately, Nintendo of America bungled the release in the West. First, they decided to license the game exclusively to Wal-Mart. The game had an environmental message, and Wal-Mart was trying to promote their environmental consciousness, but this tie-in deal made no sense. Nothing says quality like being exclusive to Wal-Mart. The game was also delayed October 2nd, 2007. On October 1st, 2007, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass came out in America on the same system as Park Patrol. It shouldn't be surprising then that the game sold abysmally in the West.

Park Patrol's failure was a real shame, as the true successor to the original game was on the horizon. Chibi-Robo, Happy Rich Sweep, released in 2009, and was a return to the original style of Chibi-Robo. It was a direct sequel to the plot of the original, with the child from the first game becoming an adult with a family of her own. This was a return to form for the series, and this game may be the best one of the franchise. It sold decently in Japan, with sales slightly less than Park Patrol. Unfortunately, due to the poor sales of the previous game, Happy Rich Sweep never released outside of Japan. There is a fan-translation nowadays, and I would recommend downloading it if you want a fun time.

The same year, Plug into Adventure got ported to the Wii as part of the New-Play Controls Series. Unfortunately, it was released in Japan on the same day that Metroid Prime 2 arrived on the Wii. so it's not surprising that the port's sales were terrible. Even though Nintendo of America already had a translation from the Gamecube game, the Wii port never arrived in the west. Parts of the game hadn't aged well, and people had a hard time looking past the cleaning drudgery to the fantastic game that awaited them.

This should have been the end of the story. The port sold terribly, and the sequels were only selling mediocre. Plug into Adventure was becoming a cult-classic, but the series seemed dead.

Then Photo Finder happened. Released in 2013, it was a bizarre hybrid of a tech-demo and a Chibi-Robo game. You used the 3DS camera to take pictures of real-life objects, which you could then scan into the game. In addition, you could teleport to mini-areas of the museum to clean and play mini-games with an odd cast of characters. The reviews for this game were mixed to say the least. The picture-taking aspect didn't work very well with the 3DS camera. Often, it was easier to take a photo of a Google Image than the actual item itself. There wasn't much to explore in the game, as the exploration areas weren't connected to one another. In addition, the mini-games offered ranged from bad to simply bland. On one positive note, its graphics really pushed the system, but the hyper-realistic style they chose didn't fit the tone of the game.

Still, it was a budget title, only selling for 10 dollars, so I can't be too mad at it. Oddly, this was the game that marked Chibi-Robo's return to the west. It wasn't well-received in Japan, so translating the game was an odd move. This made people speculate that Nintendo had bigger plans for the little guy. Several speculated that he might be a surprise character in Smash 4.

Obviously, that didn't happen. However, a new Chibi-Robo game was announced for Japan, with an Amiibo to go along with. In a surprise Nintendo Direct, Nintendo of America confirmed the game would be coming West, along with the Amiibo. Strangely, it didn't look like a Chibi-Robo game though. It ditched the 3D platforming the series was known for, and was instead a 2D platformer. Fans were pretty upset with this design change, and it looked doomed to fail.

Chibi-Robo Zip Lash came out simultaneously in Japan and North America on October 9, 2015. It wasn't good. Zip Lash was heavily inspired by Kirby games. It featured easy platforming, like a Kirby game. It featured ridiculously easy difficulty, like a Kirby game. It had a fun bonus mini-game at the end of each stage, just like a Kirby game. That was its downfall though. Even though Kirby games are easy, they make up for it with the variety of powers Kirby can gain, along with a challenging hard mode at the end of the game. Chibi-Robo only had one moveset, and there was no hard mode anywhere to be found. The abundance of collectibles couldn't save it.

In addition, they managed to screw up the level selection of all things. You had to spin a wheel to take you to a new stage. You had to complete all 6 stages before moving on to the next world, and if you landed on the same stage, you had to replay the stage over again, even if you collected all the collectibles. This was ridiculous! You could game the system by making the wheel always point to the next stage by spending the in-game currency, but that shouldn't have been necessary. It was trying to re-invent the wheel, and the game suffered immensely for it.

There were other problems with the game as well, like the notoriously slow submarine levels, but the main fault of the game was clear. It just got boring after a while. The game lacked any challenge, and when it forced you to repeat the same boring challenges over again, many people quit the game out of disgust. It was mediocre when so many other platformers on the system were extraordinary. Why get a discount Kirby game when you could get the actual thing? Sales were pretty bad, and it sold less than Park Patrol in Japan.

The game was the final nail in the coffin for Chibi-Robo. The director of the series stated that the game was a latch ditch effort to get the little robot to sell well. The series ended on a disappointing note. The first game had become a cult-classic which none of sequels had met, with the possible exception of the Japanese-only entry. Chibi-Robo had died.

However, there is still one glimmer of hope. Zip-Lash seemed tailor-made to give Chibi-Robo a Smash Brothers moveset. Several moves in that game would map extremely easily, like the duck and roll he received. Using his plug as a whip could form a strong moveset in Smash. Zip-Lash came out right during Smash 5's development. Nintendo promoted the hell out of the game, even giving Chibi-Robo his own amiibo. It isn't that far of stretch to think that they would want to promote him in their biggest crossover. If Sakurai didn't know Zip-Lash would fail, he could have included Chibi-Robo to promote that game, and adding Chibi-Robo would bring new life to the franchise. We don't know what the situation is, and that gives Chibi-Robo fans one final hope.

Alright, with that rant out of the way, let me actually rate the character.

Chance: 20% Chibi Robo's last game came out during Smash 5 development, and it had an Amiibo attached to it. It's possible Nintendo encouraged Sakurai to promote Chibi-Robo to playable status, since Chibi-Robo was one of the few currently running Nintendo series that didn't have a representative. On the other hand, Chibi-Robo's latest game sold abysmally, and most likely killed the franchise. If Sakurai learned about this, I'm not sure he would want to advertise something like that. I've overestimated his chances before, so I think 20% is what I'm comfortable with.

Want: 100% OH HECK YES!
To be perfectly honest, I haven't played a Chibi-Robo game. Then why am I putting him at 100%? Because I love rooting for an underdog. Chibi-Robo got me into Smash Brothers speculation. When Photo-Finder got confirmed for a world-wide release, I suspected that he was going to be in Smash. I did my research, and fell in love with this character. Sure, his games have had their ups-and-downs, but they've always preserved the cute, quirky nature of this adorable robot. I was sure that he was going to get in, and was excited to see this underdog in Smash. I was wrong though, and Chibi-Robo obviously didn't get in. When Zip-Lash got announced, with an Amiibo to boot, I thought he would get in as DLC. Of course, I was wrong on that count as well. I'm less hopeful for his chances now, but I still remember what he represents to me. I would be ecstatic if he got in. Chibi-Robo has had a run of bad luck, and I want something to go right for him. Admittedly, I can play as him in Smash Flash 2, but it's not the same thing as the real deal. Even if he's just an Assist Trophy, I want him to be more than just a random trophy. He deserves that much.

Predictions: Shovel Knight 50%

Nominations: Qbby x5

D

Deleted member

Dead series. I doubt he was highly demanded in the ballot (Although I'm pretty sure he had some presence).

Want: 45%
I really like Chibi-Robo's moveset in SSF2, but he probably won't get a moveset like that if he gets into the official game.
Also, what little I've played of Photo Finder was trash, and Zip Lash was so bland that I sold both my copy and the amiibo that came with it.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Chibi Robo

Chance: 8%

One of many victims of the "Let's make it a platformer!" purge of Nintendo's IPs. Zip Lash crippled Chibi Robo's chances of making it into Smash Brothers, and the chance wasn't that great to begin with.

Want: 55%

I'm content with his appearance in SSF2

Prediction for Shovel Knight: 31%

Nominating Mewtwo x5

D

Deleted member

Sanderson's Maid Robot

Despite being seen as a dead series, I believe Chibi-Robo still has a cult following among both the fans and Nintendo, hence that fiery Chibi-Robo pic NoA posted before the broadcast of last February's Direct.

Yet again another series I'm not familiar enough with, the only experience I had with it being the demo of Photo Finder.
From what I've seen though, he has enough potential to be a unique fighter.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Shovel Knight prediction:
31.2%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
chibi-robo

chances: 30% im not optimistic but you never know

want: 100% next to toad he is my most wanted newcomer

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Chance - 0.25%: I would sooner see Advance Wars get in than Chibi Robo. It's dead and it's not an especially requested character.

Want - 20%: He has a cool design with abilities that suit him well. He would have a varied moveset and would be the smallest character in the game, filling a good niche. Still, no personal attachment to this character.

Predict Shovel Knight 28%

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

Top Bottom