• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Basty

Smash Ace
Lyn

Chance: 70%
Lyn is up there with Ike as one of the most popular characters in Fire Emblem. She could have a fast unique style of gameplay with potentially using a bow.

Want: 100%
If you give her, Bridal Lyn or Valentines Lyn from FE Heroes, I would put this up to a 101%

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Lyn

Chance-10%
While popular, she's from a game that's 10 years old now. Plus if Chrom is any indication, Sakurai don't care about popularity.
Want-10%
Still a sword user.

Nominations- Anna x5

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
Lyn

Chance - 30%
She is really popular, and IS and Nintendo did put her in Warriors. But I don’t see more FE characters unless some of them are cut.
Want - 40%
I can go with or without her

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Character #287

Chances:
25%

Expect few FE charactera to make it above 40% for me. They've all got high competition with each other and will only be shafted in favor of more shameless advertisement. However, she IS the most popular FE female lead and the only other one I hear about is Celica, who we're rating tomorrow. Ike got in due to popularity so I can see it happening again. However, she not only has competition, but would be another person who uses a swors and is another character for a franchise that had many complaints in terms of representation last time.

Want: 5%

Don't care too much for her or most FE characters but I recognise her popularity.

Nominations

Kamek x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ok I hate to do this again but I am traveling today, so Lyns scores are gonna be late. As such, Today we shall rate Celica and Andy.

Also no need to do predictions for tomorrow guys, but if you want to guess what my two special suprises chances are, feel free to do so.

D

Deleted member

I'll make this one quick.

Celica
Chance: 55%
Want: Abstain

Andy
Chance: 5%
Want: Abstain

Decidueye x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Celica time, at long last!

Okay, so I'm gonna give my thoughts on several factors impacting her potential inclusion, as well as attempting to counter some of the usual arguments against her.

Why Celica, when FE16 is near? Greninja!

Long story short, I believe that Fire Emblem 16 came far too late to impact Smash Switch. To elaborate, Smash games typically have two year development cycles, going by Brawl and Smash 4. This likely means the roster for Smash Switch (henceforth called Smash 5, so any pedant who wants to go "durhurr Wii U is 5 troll face" can kindly not waste the page space kthxbye) was decided in 2016.

Fire Emblem 16 was announced in January 2017, alongside Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Celica's game). However, whereas SoV would release four months later (three for Japan), we still haven't seen ANYTHING from FE16. This makes me believe it was likely a Metroid Prime 4/Pokémon Gen VIII type of announcement. They wanted to confirm its existence, but it's possible not a lot of work had been done on it at that point. Further, Shadows of Valentia started development in 2015, so if anything, a character from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia would be a Greninja situation, not one from Fire Emblem 16. In addition, because it was a remake, Sakurai would already be familiar enough with what Celica could do to begin work on her. Plus, Sakurai has been on record in the past saying Robin wouldn't have gotten in if Awakening came out any later. FE16 missed the boat.

"But what about Roy!"

Last minute clone. And given Sakurai has expressed concern over a bloated FE roster, it's safe to say another clone isn't in the cards for the series.

She uses a sword and magic. She'd be too similar to Robin!

Calling Celica a Robin clone would be like calling Ike a Marth clone. Their styles are completely different, and further, Celica's Magic doesn't even function like Robin's.

In Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia, magic isn't cast through tomes, but from the mages themselves. However, because they lack a tome to act as a conduit, magic is cast from the mage's own health.

Additionally, many like to say that Robin has a monopoly on magic, but that, in my opinion, is a waste. In Smash, Robin is primarily a sword user, not a tome user. Only his specials and jab use his tomes. Celica, meanwhile, would use magic for most of her moveset, as she's almost always depicted as a magic user over a sword user in situations where an overlap wasn't possible. Warriors is the only exception, due to her being added at the last minute. Heroes and Awakening's DLC all focus on her magic over her swordplay.

She only has a remake under her belt! Those don't count, as shown by TPHD and ORAS not impacting Smash 4 DLC!

These situations aren't comparable. For one, Sakurai has never denied remakes in the past. For example, Gerudo Valley became a 3DS stage because of the Ocarina of Time remaster, and in Brawl, Sakurai said he would have changed Marth's appearance to match his remakes if he'd know earlier. Remakes do impact Smash.

Additionally, unlike with Zelda and Pokémon remakes, Shadows of Valentia is a modern remake of a Japan-only NES/Famicom title. For most of the world, it was indeed a new game. This can't be said for Zelda or Pokémon remakes.

How would she set herself apart from other Fire Emblem characters?

Take a look at the moveset I made for her for an idea! It includes a playstyle description at the end which details in full what would set her apart.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is changed, however, if Celica charges her Fire special. If it is charged, this move makes Celica take minor recoil damage, but also makes the move hit much harder. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi-hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit and finishing blow animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur, sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica points her arms downward, spreading her fireball into a stream of fire beneath her in a parabolic arc.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic-based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms overhead after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her pummel or forward throw, however.

Side Special: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash of white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and it slowly moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up Special: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down Special: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica clasps her hands and enters a praying stance. A counter-styled move, if Celica activates this move at the right moment of impact with the foe, the foe is pushed away, doing no damage. However, Celica is healed by ten percent, making it a very risky way of restoring health. Note, though, that the move has far stricter timing than other Counter-like moves, and excessive usage of the move will lower the amount of health it heals.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash. A visual is provided below.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

Entrance Animation:
Celica slowly walks in and creates her wisp of fire from her hand, as in her dungeon entrance animation from Shadows of Valentia.

Taunts:
Up Taunt - Celica holds her right arm up as the wisp of fire wraps around it, traveling upward until it bursts into flames above her hand, all while saying "I'm not about to stop here!"
Side Taunt - Celica holds a hand over her heart and says "Guide me, Mila."
Down Taunt - Twirls and puts a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." This is taken directly from her Shadows of Valentia victory animation.

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: Celica exits a kneeling prayer stance, breathing a sigh of relief.
Victory 2. Celica sheathes the Beloved Zofia and says "The Mother has seen us through safely."
Victory 3: Celica gracefully launches a fireball upward, which explodes like a firework, sending down small embers.

Credits Theme (if custom Classic Mode credits return from Brawl) : With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1) or The Heritors of Arcadia

Alternate Costume: Rigain Celica, taken directly from her Overclass outfit.

Codec:

Snake: Colonel, this girl is using magic. What do you know about her?
Colonel: That's Celica, Snake, though she's also known as Princess Anthiese of Zofia.
Snake: So she's royalty, huh?
Colonel: Princess Anthiese went into hiding at a young age after an attempted coup led to the murder of her entire family. She's since stayed at a priory, and in turn became a priestess of Mila, skilled in both swordplay and magic.
Snake: I wouldn't expect a holy woman to be fighting here.
Colonel: She may be kind, but don't underestimate her, Snake. Her magic can call upon the powers of fire, thunder, wind, and holy light. You'd do well to stay away. Her magic is powerful, but it comes at the cost of her health. Use that to your advantage.
Snake: Have her whittle away at her own health, huh? Got it.

Fun stuff!

So with all that...

Chance: 60%
In the end, despite her credentials, it could go either way for her, but I'm leaning more toward it than against it.

My second most wanted character, and my most wanted character that I believe has a reasonable chance.

As a character, Celica is duty-bound and pious. She takes her duties both to Mila and later her Kingdom quite seriously. As well, she is a pacifist at heart, though the current circumstances force her to fight regardless.

Many people seem to think her a hypocrite for being upset that Alm plans to fight the Rigelian Empire after she eliminated Barth's pirate gang, and this criticism never made sense to me. Celica drove off a bunch of crudely-organized pirates from Zofia's ports thanks in part due to her magic, while Alm is taking on a rigorously-trained empire with nothing more than his sword skills. The scope of Alm's goal is ludicrously larger than what Celica did. And considering the vision Mila sent her in a dream, she has ample reason to worry for Alm's safety.

Celica's mission to drive back the pirates stems from her sense of duty toward Zofia's people, even if her identity as their princess isn't public knowledge. She loathes fighting, but the wellbeing of the traders and farmers who rely on the harbor forces her hand.

Celica's connection and dedication to Mila is not only inspiring, but also a crucial part of her character. She's a priestess, and as such, she has a greater understanding of Mila than most. This also plays into her controversial decision in the game's fourth act. When she offers her soul to Duma, she realizes she literally has no other choice. She didn't do it because she "trusted Jedah" (she outright says she doesn't during Act IV itself). One should expect a devout servant of Mila to be familiar with how the dragonkin operate.

For the less lore-inclined, Mila and Duma are both dragonkin, or manaketes. In particular, divine dragons. However, when dragons live for long periods of time, they begin to degenerate and go savage, losing all semblance of sanity and even begin to physically fall apart. This is what happened to Duma by the time Act V rolled around, and divine dragons succumbing to their madness will only end in disaster. As such, Naga, ruler of the Divine Dragons, crafted the Falchion, the only blade capable of killing a divine dragon as a fail safe in case humanity ever needed it. When Mila and Duma went to Valentia, she crafted a second one and had it brought with them.

However, Celica doesn't agree to give her soul to Duma until she sees that Mila had Falchion sealed within her skull. From Celica's perspective, Mila had forsaken her people and removed the only way to prevent Duma's madness from destroying the continent. As such, offering her soul is her only recourse, as Celica has no way of knowing Alm is capable of unbinding Falchion.

Celica is willing to make sacrifices where they are needed, but that's both her greatest trait and her fatal flaw, as she values the lives of her people, but seemingly doesn't value her own life, seeing herself more as a tool to bend to the people's needs instead of a ruler to guide them. Given Celica's support conversations with Mae, we know that Celica is incredibly considerate and willing to help her friends, but she also bottles up her own problems, not wishing to burden anyone else with hers.

Celica as a character is sacrificial and duty bound to her people, exemplifying Mila's kindness and compassion. She also deserved to be a whole lot more than just a Marth clone in Warriors, but time constraints suck.

Andy.

Chance: 1%
Dormant series
Want: 0%
Not interested.

Nominating Decidueye x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The guy that I really REALLY want to see in Smash Bros

Before I begin I want to give you guys my sales pitch for Andy. I know he's not going to have the greatest of chances obviously (thanks daddy Intelligent Systems) but hopefully i'll influence you guys to give him a high want scores. Gonna have to abridge this somewhat because i'm a bit under the weather.

So what's that Advance Wars thing you're so passionate about Crazy Uncle Ura?

If you haven't already, you need to play Advance Wars (any one of the four games released worldwide) and see for yourself how fun and addicting the game is. If you still own a Wii U you can get Advance Wars 1-3 on the Virtual Console. Said alternative would be the best way to support the official release but otherwise you can look to alternative means like finding a used copy or something.

Advance Wars is the critically acclaimed turn-based strategy game made by Intelligent Systems. It's roots goes all the way back to 1988 when the franchise debuted on the NES as Famicom Wars. With that, the franchise is one of Nintendo's most senior franchises ever with only a handful of series that predate Wars (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, and the retro's) and is older than it's fellow TBS series; Fire Emblem. Wars is also a franchise that had perfect attendance on every Nintendo system prior to it's absence in the 2010's (spawning 12 games across the NES, SNES, Game Boy/Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and the Gamecube). The only exception to this is the N64 which actually had a game in development that got cancelled.

As you can see, this is a franchise with so much historical significance to Nintendo's history.

Despite what people might say, Advance Wars is not a "modern Fire Emblem (technically Fire Emblem is a medieval Advance Wars when you think about it lol). AW plays competently different from it's sister series. For an example, where Fire Emblem puts an emphasis on building relationships between characters and keeping your units alive, Advance Wars is all about that pure strategy experience with all the different kinds of units that can be used. I would also argue that while Fire Emblem is the better of the two in the story/narrative department, Advance Wars' gameplay is way more complex and requires for much better strategic planning. Really, the only two similarities between the two are that they're both TBS games.

It's also a misconception that "units are expendable" in Advance Wars which does have some truth to it but doesn't paint the whole story. In Advance Wars, you want to keep certain units alive on the battlefield to obtain a strategic advantage over your foes. If you just brain dead build a Neo Tank and send it to die a death, then you're not playing the game right. You also have to consider the money aspect of the franchise so naturally the more you spend on a unit (more so the much more expensive ones) you'll have more emphasis to keep those units alive. Your resources are only so limited and you want to make the best decisions that will lead you to victory.

Outside of the game itself, the series has achieved massive critical acclaim from critics all across the spectrum. Advance Wars was also retroactively awarded a perfect 10/10 score from Edge magazine and is in the elite camp of a dozen or two games that have gotten that rating along with Ocarina of Time/Breath of The Wild and Super Mario 64/Galaxy.

Fans have also been clamoring for the series to return as well. rNintendoSwitch did a poll asking what series not yet on the Switch they wanted to see on the console and Wars was voted in the Top 5 with nearly 4,000 votes accounted for (after Smash Bros was revealed of course). Indie titles like Wargroove and Tiny Metal show that interest in the AW genre is still alive and well despite the series' absence.

Okay so what about the goofy, dim-witted wrench kid anyways?

To put it simply, Andy is the face of Wars as a whole. He's the first central character of his franchise and is pretty much to Wars what Marth is to Fire Emblem. It's a common mistake among some people that Max and Sami are on equal footing on Andy when it comes to series importance. This just isn't true. Andy is the main character throughout the entire campaign and in the last AW1 mission he's mandatory to use while Max/Sami are optional if you met certain criteria. Even the Advance Wars logo itself bares Andy's signature wrench as it did for that game and all of the Wars World Trilogy

Yeah Andy wasn't the main character in every AW game but the other main characters of the franchise don't have as much importance as he does. Jake was the co-protagonist of Dual Stike alongside Rachel and Will was the main character of a game that was a serious departure to the classic style of Advance Wars. Andy himself represents the goofy, cheerful feel of the franchise better than anyone in the series and when it comes down to it he would have the most to offer as a Smash Bros character with his unique wrench gimmick (will explain later).

So now that I talked about Andy's importance to his own franchise, what about the Hyperactive Whiz Kid himself?

Andy at the start of the first Advance Wars is a new CO to the Orange Star Army (Orange Star being one of the four nations in Wars World; the setting in which Advance Wars 1-3 take place). Andy is a bit dim-witted and usually requires the aid of his strategic advisor for the fundamentals of the game. Even despite this, Andy is a bold, friendly, and courageous CO that will do anything to help those around him. Throughout the entire game, Andy is blamed by fellow nations Blue Moon, Yellow Comet, and Green Earth for attacks done on it's nations and the whole story revolves around Andy and co. fighting their way against all these factions. This goes on until it's revealed that it wasn't Andy who did the attacks but rather a clone of Andy created by the otherworldly, diabolical tyrant known as Sturm; the leader of a nation know as Black Hole. In a bid to claim Wars World for himself, Sturm orchestrated all the chaos in order to conquer all the nations amidst their unrest. However, Sturm's plot was discovered and foiled by Andy & co. who teamed together for the final conflict of the game and ended the tyrant's ambition. Andy himself is the central force against Sturm in the final mission and he's the one who takes center position against Sturm (the only CO that's mandatory to use in the game). It's here where his personality truly shows off where despite the odds heavily against him, Andy had none of Sturm's ambitions and motivates everyone to take him head on despite Sonja's plea to escape.

In the sequel; Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Sturm returns making good on his promise to take revenge on the nations of Wars World. Andy is once again thrust in to battle as he and fellow Orange Star CO's are responsible in liberating their nation from Black Hole's grasp. While AW2 doesn't have a central character the way it did before, Andy is still the most important character of the franchise once again. He's the leading force against Sturm once again in the end of the game and displays his courageous, fearless attitude where he takes Sturm head on despite knowing that doing so could result in his death. Even right at the end of the story, Andy is the only CO among the Allied Nations to stand up to Sturm when the latter attempts to self-destruct and kill all the allied CO's. Just watch the ending of AW2 and see for yourself. Even with Advance Wars not being a story heavy game, Andy's personality clearly shines bright here and we see just how far his courage will take him if it meant the safety of his friends and the world around him.

In Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Andy is not featured in the story as Jake/Rachel take on the mantel of lead protags. Despite this however, it's stated in the story of Dual Strike that Andy became a legend throughout Wars World for his efforts in putting an end to Sturm's ambition on two different occasions. Andy, however remains playable in Dual Strike despite not being apart of the campaign.

Alright that's fine and all but what does Andy bring to Smash Bros that sets himself apart?

Andy; with all the creative attacks he can have implemented with his wrenches and various different units straight from Advance Wars would hands down be the most interesting character from his franchise. Andy also has a very unique aesthetic to him that hasn't been used much in Smash Bros. I guess the closest to him would be Ness in terms of stature but even then Andy would be a bit taller and looks a lot different from the rest of the cast.

Andy's playstyle would be a blend of the summoner archetype along with unique wrench attacks that do more than just act like a sword; but also traps foes, catches items when timed right, and provides Andy great, quick options to use when he fights in close quarters.

Unique Attributes to Andy

Andy has a gimmick similar to Little Mac where he has a CO Power Meter akin to the one from his games. Andy's meter charges as he inflicts damage and also takes damage.

When charged at 3 stars (second image), Andy can use his Hyper Repair ability that allows him to recover 20% damage. And likewise when his CO Power meter is charged at a full 6 stars (last picture), he can use his Hyper Upgrade Super CO Power from Advance Wars that lets him recover 50% damage and gives him a stats increase for a short time. It takes him a bit longer to charge all the way to 6 stars given how potentially broken it is to use so players would be tempted to frequently use Hyper Repair for their quick 20% damage reduction fix.

Additionally, Andy has unique Codecs similar to the ones Snake had in Brawl where he can radio Nell, Max, and Sami about the opponent he;s facing. Nell would give Andy insight on the character he's facing while Max and Sami give additional insight and occasionally mock Andy. Other CO's from Advance Wars also give their insight to the character as well occasionally. Think of it as a blend of Snake's Codecs and Palutena's Guidance.

Melee Attacks

All of Andy's standard attacks are based are unique moves done using his wrenches as mentioned before with some exceptions here and there.

Entrance Animation: Andy comes out of an APC similar to how Lucas enters.

Idle Animation.Andy wields his wrench in his hand while holding his other below him very similar to his official AW2 pose.

Jab: Andy repeatedly jabs his opponents with his wrenches with both hands before giving a final thrust to end the series of jabs. Andy's jab can also be used to catch items with his wrench when timed perfectly as an enemy throws a projectile at him. I.e. if Peach throws her Turnip at Andy he can catch it by simply jabbing at the right time and then can throw it back.

FTilt: Andy quickly lunges his wrench at his foe doing small damage.

UTilt: Andy lunges his wrench in an upward animation to strike foes either on the ground or on the air. Can also be used to juggle opponents as part of a combo.

DTilt: Andy very briefly lunges his wrenches towards his opponents feet trapping them in the ground for a very short amount of time allowing him a follow up move.

Dash Attack: Andy throws one of his wrenches towards the opponent that lunges them in the air depending on how much their damaged.

NAir: Andy gets a rifle similar to the ones carried by Infantry units and fires shooting a few bullets that do mild damage.

FAir: Andy lunges his wrench forward that covers some distance similar to Marth's FAir.

BAir: Andy lunges any foes behind him backwards with his wrenches.

UAir: Like his Up Smash listed below, Andy spins his wrench multiple times in the air to launch his foes in their air for star/screen KO's.

DAir: Similar Cloud's DAir, Andy can use one of his wrenches to spike the opponent downwards sending them crashing to the ground. Great edgeguarding tool.

FSmash: Andy smashes his foes with his wrenches in a 1-2 punch fashion. First he lunges his wrench at his opponent that keeps them in place and then he uses his other wrench to do hefty damage that sends the opponent flying

USmash: Andy lunges his wrench upwards and spins it multiple times launching his foe in the air; similar to how King Dedede's Up Smash works. An effective kill move.

DSmash: Andy lunges his wrench downwards in a 360 motion launching any foes near him in the air. An effective way to punish players who roll frequently.

Grab: Andy grabs his opponent with one of his wrenches in their mid-section; stopping them dead in their tracks.

Running Grab: Same deal only he dashes while doing that.

FThrow: Andy uses a Recon unit to launch his opponent forwards as they keep getting hit for a while by the Recon in motion. Can also be used to hit other enemies also in the way.

BThrow: With his foe still trapped by his wrench, Andy launches his foe backwards with his wrench to send them flying.

UThrow: Andy summons a mech unit to shoot a rocket above him doing considerable damage to his foe that sends them flying upwards.

DThrow: Andy tosses his foe down to the ground and repeatedly smacks them with his wrench; sending them flying.

Specials

Neutral B: Artillery. Andy summons an artillery which can be tilted upwards/downwards to properly aim at the opponent useful for striking from a distance. When Andy uses his Hyper Upgrade ability, it's firepower increases noticeably.

Side B: Anti-Air. Andy summons an Anti-Air that can be used to strike foes on the ground and in the air. Is especially more powerful when used to strike air-bound foes and can be tilted similar to the Artillery. Can also have it's firepower increased through Hyper Upgrade.

Up B: Battle Copter. Andy summons a Battle Copter to not only aid him in recovering to the stage but also striking opponents that are in front of Andy. Controlled for a few seconds (3-5) and is more powerful with Hyper Upgrade.

Down B: Tank/Md.Tank. Andy summons a tank that can be controlled similar to Wario's bike that has considerable firepower. It's also capable of being destroyed by foes similar to Wario's bike. There's also a 10% chance of summoning a Md. Tank, a slower yet much more powerful version of the standard Tank that's harder to destroy. Once again, it becomes more powerful with Hyper Upgrade on.

Final Smash: Air Assault. Andy calls in for a massive air strike that gets a huge amount of Bombers and Fighters that does a huge amount of damage to all enemies.

Other

Up Taunt: Andy positions his wrench towards the screen and lets out his signature grin.

Side Taunt: Andy gives the peace sign much like how he does in his winning animation in AW1; grinning all the while.
lol jacking your avi @RamOne hope you don't mind

Down Taunt: Andy checks his tool box for utilities while also scratching his head.

Victory Animation 1: Andy throws his wrench in the air and grabs it, striking his AW2 pose.

Victory Animation 2: Andy climbs on top of an APC and gives the peace sign.

Victory Animation 3: Andy see's an Airport in the distance and asks "What's an airport again?" to the player; breaking the fourth wall as a reference to his infamous line.

Victory Theme

Chance: 15%

Okay so Andy's chances aren't that great and even the chance score I gave him might be a little too unrealistic. Despite that, I think there exists a slim possibility Wars might get some spotlight for it's 30th anniversary maybe even in the form of a playable character. Slim chance I know and more wishful thinking than anything else.

Want: 1000000000000% (although I guess i'll go with 100% since that's the highest I can go to)

Anyone who remotely knows me knows how badly I want to see Andy finally get in to Smash Bros.

On a sentimental level, Andy's inclusion would be huge for me. My first exposure to Advance Wars was around 2003/2004 when I was introduced to a lot of GBA games. One game in particular that I fondly remembered was Advance Wars. It's colorful aesthetic and super addictive gameplay got me hooked on the series which I enjoyed for many years which I replayed throughout the years a lot. I always wondered how it would be if Andy made it in the game and how he would play in a Smash Bros setting. Having Andy in the game is a dream come true no matter how unlikely that might be.

Here's hoping for my boy one day.

Gingers have no Souls!

Chance: 25%

Echoes could get her in the game though I doubt it really. With her game not selling that great (yes, I know Nintendo considers FE15 to be "good" but it's still a farcry to it's predecessors). This is also coming at a time where FE fatigue is at it's highest with even Sakurai acknowledging the over representation meaning you can't scapegoat that as just "a certain sub-section of fans being unhappy". If their had to be an FE newcomer, it would come in the form of an FE16 character or a very popular ballot choice.

All of that taken in to consideration however, I wouldn't rule her chances out completely. Stranger things have happened.

Want: 1%

Same deal with Chrom's day. Refraining from giving a 0% want score.

I just have no interest in seeing this character in the game and Gaiden/SoV isn't even that important to Fire Emblem like the Elibe, Tellius, and Shadow Dragon/Awakening games are. Even begrudgingly, I have to admit that despite my dislike for Corrin he does represent FE's best selling game ever. None of that applies to Celica and Alm.

Don't mean any disrespect to Celica supporters though.

Nominations

Mike Jones X 5

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Celica
Chance: 75%
She's the more popular of the two stars of the most recent FE game. She already got an alt in Heroes and was in Warriors, and she won the second Heroes character poll. She is mainly a mage, with a wide variety of spells. She could easily work as a unique fighter or as a Robin clone without the weapon gimmick and possibly with a Pichu gimmick instead. Basically, she's popular, recent, unique, and can potentially be quick to include. I'm unsure if there will be FE newcomer in the base game though. If there is, it'll probably be her. If there isn't, then her chances go down because the main DLC candidate would be the FE16 protagonist, with Celica and Lyn as possibilities for a second spot.

Another of my favourite FE lords. She looks totally different from the playable roster, so I'm sure non FE fans would be more open to her, and she could be really fun and unique.

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Mipha x2, Impa x2

Edit: my bad, forgot Andy
Honestly... Advance Wars is dead. Until it's revived, I just don't see it happening. He could make it as a retro character, but I feel he has a lot of competition in that area.

Want: 30%
He has a fair amount of support, and he would definitely be fun. He's just not a priority for me.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
And also a reminder that anyone who makes a Toy Story reference in their posts will get a wrench up their bum-bum. :demon:
Obligatory Toy Story joke for Ura Ura

Chance: 10%

Honestly, I don't really know much about the Advance Wars series beyond the Assist Trophy they had in Brawl (and it's in SSB4? I can't remember ever seeing it...). It has been a long-running series, but it hasn't had a new game since 2008. And Andy himself wasn't even in the last one.

Since the game seems more of a strategy thing, it'd be tough to consider (though I know people have done it). Still, that'd bring him into Captain Falcon's territory of "completely original moveset since the series doesn't really rely on character moves."

Based on where they are now, I really can't see Wars getting more than the assist they already have.

Also, I hafta say that I'm not a fan of the character design. When I think of a commanding officer for a full-out military battle, I think of General Patton, not Andy from Toy Story. If we're in a bright and happy colored world where kids are leading full-scale military invasions, this really does end up looking like a child's fantasy.

TIL: Her name is 'Celica,' not Cecilia

Chance: 45%

Blah blah another Fire Emblem character...

Yes, she's important in the newest Fire Emblem game, but now there might be a new one coming out. She also gets to share the spotlight with Alm, and her swordsmanship moveset is offset by some magic...like Robin's. In short, she's not super unique as far as character goes.

She definitely has the upper hand against Lyn, but that's only because Lyn's a bit dated now. Celi's much more recent, but that means she doesn't have as large of a fan following. And like was said a bunch yesterday: people are starting to get Fire Emblem fatigue.

Personally, I'd be okay with a new Fire Emblem representative, as long as they had a really unique moveset - and this is where I'd look for spearmen. BDee never really struck me as a spearman since he's Kirby shaped, and thus wouldn't be able to do more than poke with it, and Mr. G&W has more depth than Mipha's character, so I'd really hope that our first big spear user is from Fire Emblem. I've never played any Fire Emblem game, so I'm only looking at the concept arts, but based on that I'm still kind of on the Azura train since she was the character that was in most of the Fates promos, and she would be very different from our current Fire Emblem roster, but I know Fates is older now and people are hating on it for Corrin (not gonna lie, so was I). So we'll see...

And I promise, my liking Azura has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she shares a name with the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn from the Elder Scrolls series.

Speaking of Elder Scrolls...

Nomination: Skyrim representation x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Celica
Same with Lyn, she is also a CYL winner, but hers came this year and it is definitely way too late to use that towards her popularity, but Celica has other things going for her. She is relevant as her game is the latest game and I doubt that FE16 is going to release this year for them to pull a Roy. Celica is quite unique and can function as a full on mage more than Robin, and not to mention she also has the backing of Intelligent Systems since they personally requested that she be added to Fire Emblem Warriors. The only thing that will get in the way is if Sakurai keeps to his word that there are way too many FE characters as I don't think anyone is going to get cut, but otherwise she is the most likely FE newcomer.

My second most requested character after Rex and Pyra. Gimme my Celica, Sakurai, gimme!

Andy
If he had a newer game, his chances would be a lot higher.
Don't care for him at all, would prefer Sami instead.

x5 to Waluigi

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Celica

Chance - 70%
Important character in her game. Easy move set potential to work with. Between her and Fjorm, she's the one IS are more likely to suggest for the game.

Want - 25%
Fire Emblem now starting to over saturate this thread, I see! I kid, I kid....well like Lyn she's more interesting than Chrom but FE over saturation means a new representation from this series is not something I entirely want. Also, I prefer Fjorm based on design and concept.

Andy

Chance - 3%
Forgotten character in a dormant series. Like Lyndis, they've been stuck as an assist trophy for two games and seems to be the direction Sakurai likes to have them in. However, unlike his Fire Emblem comparison, he's not nearly as popular or known.

Want - 50%
New series representation and seems like he'd be a decent addition. Oh well if he doesn't make it or not.

Noms: Black Shadow x5

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Celica Chances:
25%
While I think she is one of the more likely Fe characters, I doubt that she will make it in. Beside the remake, there isn´t really a lot going for her. The remakes did fine, but didn´t break records or anything. She isn´t the most popular and has a lot of competition. To be fair, I cann see her being unique, but the same goes for pretty much every Fe character not using a sword (axe users like Hector or Camilla, lance users like Azura or Fjorm, bow users, tanks and so on).

Celica Want:
30%
While unique, there are many other Fe´s I´d prefer.

Andy Chances:
8%
Sadly rather low. The series died many years ago, but there are many requests for him and there is an Advance wars assist trophy. Though other than that, there isn´t anything else. I also doubt they would want to revive Advance wars, considerin IS probably puts their focus on Fe now.

Andy Want:
80%
I really like the series and think he could have a very interesting moveset (though I actually would want to see Sami over him, but I think he is a bit more likely)

Nominations:
5x Fjorm

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Celica

Chance: 40%. Somewhat decent, since Echoes is pretty recent and all. Also she seems a lot more popular than the game's other protagonist, from what I gather.

Want: 5%. Her design's not bad, but eh.

Andy

Chance: 8%. AW isn't relevant these days unfortunately. But if it were to somehow get a rep, it'd be Andy.

Want: 30%. He could be pretty neat, what with the troop summoning and all. I'd prefer Sami though, since she's got an actual weapon to use + combat training.

Nominations: Blue Bowser x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Celica: 50%
She is from the newest FE which gives her pretty good chances. The only reason she's 50 is because she shares the spot with Alm

I unfortunately have yet to play Echoes. I want to but money is tight. I did play Gaiden but I don't remember it all too well except for a loooooooot of grinding and the Pegasus sisters being the most helpful units.

Andy
Chance: 30%

Advanced Wars is sadly dormant

I love Advanced Wars

Noms: Tethu X5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Celica

It's most likely either her or Alm. Leaning more towards the former, who was the sole Gaiden/SoV rep in Warriors, but I suppose Sakurai could possibly feel differently about the two.

Want: 60%

Mildly interested, though there are other FE characters I'd prefer.

Andy

Chance: 2%

His series has been long dormant at this point, so unless he did well enough on the Ballot (which I doubt), I don't see him happening.

Want: 50%

Don't care either way.

Nomination: Shulk x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Celica

Chance- 65%
Being one of the stars of the most recent mainline FE game, her only competition she has to worry about are Alm and the guy from the new game.

Want- 1%
No attachment to this character.

Andy

Chances- 15%
If we were back in the pre Brawl days, Id rate him higher. Nintendo has unfortunatley lost interest in this sereis, even removing the Advance Wars AT from Brawl. (EDIT: Nope, its still there. My mistake). Maybe some Ballot support or Sakurais own interest could sway him into the game, but I kinda doubt it.

Want- 45%
Never played AW, doesnt look like my kind of game, but im down to see new Nintendo series get representation.

Thwomp X 2
Doomguy X 3

Secret Surprise # 1- 48.64%
Secret Surpriae # 2- 23.59%

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Celica
I give her slightly higher than Lyn for recency, but I still don't think it's happening. No FE newcomer is more likely. For the record, I would give Alm less than 10%. If an Echoes character happens, it would be Celica.

I do like Celica and would play her, but there are other FE characters I'd want ahead of her.

Andy
Who? (I know who he is, this is rhetorical)

Want: 7%
I played Days of Ruin, and it was kinda cool. Didn't get me interested to play any others, though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If we were back in the pre Brawl days, Id rate him higher. Nintendo has unfortunatley lost interest in this sereis, even removing the Advance Wars AT from Brawl
What you're saying never happened. The AT is still in the game.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Celica

Chance: 10% - Fire Emblem Switch probably happened too late into development for a lead character to be considered for Smash Switch. That said, the two protagonists from Echoes are probably the most likely. However, Sakurai has shown some concern with the size of the Fire Emblem roster, so it is possible we won't see any FE newcomers in base game. Also, as previously stated, there's two protagonists in Echoes. Could go either way in regards to picking one over the other.

Want: 0% - Not a fan of adding more Fire Emblem characters to the roster.

Andy

Chance: 1% - Advance Wars is another series that has unfortunately fallen into dormancy. The only thing really going for him would be how he did in the Ballot, which I do not believe to be that strong.

Want: 1% - The only think going for him is that he's 1st Party. Otherwise, I've no interest.

Nominations: Midna x5

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Celica
Chance - 10%
Well, her game is recent. Maybe coincide in time with Sakurai deciding the roster and thinking she could be interesting

She is beautiful and more interesting than :4marth:,:4myfriends:,:4robinm::4robinf:,:4corrin::4corrinf:and even :4lucina: for me (:4feroy:is my favorite)

Andy:
Chance: Abstain
Never played any games from the series he is from

Want: 5%
From what I learned in his thread in the past, this is the level of interest I have on him now. Maybe I can change on a later date

Edit: Nomitanions: Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Celica

...Oh wait, wrong one.

And that's rather generous.
Yeah she's one of the main characters of the latest FE game to date.
Which is a remake of an old and obscure Famicom title.
Which also hasn't performed as well as the 2 previous 3DS entries.
Her saving grace would be in her movepool... which is already more or less used by :4robinm:/:4robinf: afaik.

FE character. Next.

The main figure of IS's other strategy series

Lady Luck hasn't been there for the Advance Wars series, as it has been M.I.A. since 2008.
Fire Emblem and mediocre Paper Mario games have become the main focus of Intelligent System these last years, at the expense of the Wars series.

Want: abstain
I have 0 experience with the series whatsoever, though I have the first Advance Wars in my backlog.
And while I have no idea on how he would work, :4falcon: and :4wiifit: proved we can still find something where you expect it the least.

Nominations:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
Celica
Chance - 35%
She is the most recent FE character, but she would be pretty similar to Robin or be a Marth clone(Warriors). She won the second CYL, but Smash was already in heavy development. Looking at Warriors, it looks like she was a last minute character added in. Her game sold 3 times less than Awakening and Fates, so don’t know the point in promoting that game.

Want - 20%
Like her design and character, but I don’t really want to see her in here.

Andy
Chance - 0%
Dead ip

Want - abstain
Don’t really know the character

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And while I have no idea on how he would work, :4falcon: and :4wiifit: proved we can still find something where you expect it the least.
Read my moveset I posted earlier. Andy's moveset is like no one else with his unique wrench and summoning niche.

Megaban

Smash Cadet
CELICA
Chance -20%

Well, she technically IS from the most recent game, but there are some problems that don't let me put that % higher.
1) She's one of TWO protagonists, meaning Alm is also possibly fighting for that same place
2) That's actually a remake, not a new game altogether. Maybe seems not important, but point is only thing remakes affect is showing attention back at some things, like Marth's updated Smash 4 look.
3) Well, thre's a chance they'll just pull off a Roy, so put a character from NEWEST FE coming on Switch, but we don't know anything aobut it yet.
So yeah, chance is there, but woldn't bet on it.

Want -40%
I like her design in Echoes (her personality is kinda meh), but I don't see any major reason to put her in except being in newest game. We do have magic using sword user in Robin. And like with Lyn, most they can do is make her swings differently, use diferent spells, maybe make them deal miniscule recoil to her reflecting how it works in the game? I'd prefer someone else, some other weapons representation.

ANDY
Chance -12%
Nintendo and classic series + unique arms-based moveset possibility. And that's kinda it. Andy is kind of rare pick from what I see and Advance Wars are pretty much dead, but not old enough to call it retro and warrant that "retro" spot. He certainly would be lower priority.

Want -77%
I want uniqueness and more new games reps, and that is a perfect opportunity. But problem is Ninty won't prolly want to bother with using it :/

Nomination: Lana x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Celica

I'm keeping this short compared to my other FE essays. I can't do that again after my Lyn stuff yesterday.

Chance - 40%

Assuming the fanbase estimate of 2016 is when the roster was truly decided, it means Celica was pretty much the best option at the time, because her two main competitors: Lyn and Fire Emblem Switch Lord had two big problems. Lyn hadn't hit her popularity peak yet, and the Fire Emblem Switch Lord probably didn't even exist at this point.

However, she still struggles from other things, like being a Fire Emblem character in a world where most Smash players hate the idea of a Fire Emblem newcomer. Basically, just go read this:
but ignore the "Lyn has a lack of relevancy" parts and the "Lyn is super popular and Intelligent Systems likes putting her in things" parts. Although, Celica is rather popular. She had 36,302 votes in the 2nd Choose Your Legends poll, which still pales in comparison to what Lyn and Lucina got, but it still means she has some popularity to her.

Want - 45%

I feel like if she were to be in Smash, her moveset would probably be a mix of sword moves with her Beloved Zofia and magic with things like Ragnarok. Really, I don't feel like her sword moves would bring much new to the table, but the magic part would be super cool, and unlike anything in Smash. So, half of her moveset would be meh, and the other half would be super rad.

There's also talks of her being a Robin clone, which really doesn't make much sense because she doesn't use tomes, unless we're counting how she can use them in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Although, I could see them making her a Marth clone, like they did in Fire Emblem Warriors. If they did this, I would be very upset, and my want level would go to 0%.

Andy

Chance - 1%

It's a dead franchise, and can't really be used as the "retro" character. Character demand isn't super high either.

Want - ABSTAIN

Never played an Advance Wars game. It's been on my back log for a very long time.
I think he'd have a cool moveset though. Guns and tanks? A wrench? That's something we don't really have in Smash.

Nominations:
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

Last edited:

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Celica

Chance: 80%

For better or worse (it's worse) we're getting more FE characters, she has relevancy and popularity onher side and not being another sword user might work in her favour.

I don't want any FE characters unless some of the ones in Smash get cut.

Andy

His series has lost relevancy in recent years, there doesn't seem to be a reason to have him in now when he couldn't get in Brawl or Sm4sh besides a lack of potential newcomers with long-term popularity like his.

Want: 40%
I have absolutely no opinions whatsoever on Advance Wars

Nominations: Ganon x5

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Celica
Chance: 85%
Here's someone that has a shot getting in more so than the Fire Emblem Switch protagonist. As Dunban would say, "Timing is everything!" Echoes: Shadows of Valentia's development does line up with Smash Switch's development. Celica could potentially become Greninja 2.0 if it is the case. I suppose it all comes down to Sakurai approaching Intelligent Systems for ideas than waiting for a game to be released to meet the initial roster lock.

Want: 85%
She's part of my top 5 most wanted characters for Smash Switch.

Andy
The only think keeping him from being at 0% is that the Ballot may get Advance Wars something, but not enough I think to make Andy playable.

Not interested.

Nominations
The Squid Sisters x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Celica
Chance: 60% She's the most likely Fire Emblem character. My philosophy with character selection is perhaps too reductionist, but here it is: Amiibo. If you have an Amiibo from a less iconic series (Not Mario, Zelda, or Animal Crossing) then you have a great shot of getting in. She's the most popular of the Fire Emblem amiibo, and the relevancy is right. The main problem is not having any Fire Emblem characters in the game.

Want: 0% No more Fire Emblem characters. If she hadn't gotten a remake, we wouldn't even be talking about her. After new games come out in the series, we'll stop talking about her. She's not iconic enough to be in Smash.

Andy:
Chance: 10% No relevancy really hurts him. However, his series premiered on the Famicom, giving him the possibility of being a retro representative. He's the first named protagonist in the series, and his game was the first that appeared in the West.

Want: 80% You know why I don't like Fire Emblem? Because it killed Advance Wars. No, seriously. After the success of Awakening, Intelligent Systems never looked back at Advance Wars. Their reasoning was that they couldn't form complex character relations with Advance Wars system of disposable units. In essence, they couldn't force any relationship simulations into Advance Wars, so it got canceled. Dead from lack of waifus. It's a shame, because the characters in Advance Wars are great. The character-building decision led to the apocalypse of Days of Ruin, which polluted the tone of the series. I want Andy in Smash so that Intelligent Systems can get back to this franchise. I believe in it, and want to see it come back.

Predictions: CHAOS

Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Celica
Chance- 50%
Would not be surprised if Sakurai put a character from the newest FE game which as of this post is Echoes.
Want- 15%
Neat design but considering her tool kit, I assume the worst and that she's be a Robin clone. And considering that she's already a clone of Marth in FEW, I feel validated in my assumptions.

Andy
Chance- 15%
Want- 100%
It's time that FE's sibling series got some love.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Celica

It's mostly possible thanks to the remake.

------
Andy

I have a feeling IS has moved on from this franchise.

Want: 10%

He's partially more interesting than another Fire Emblem character.

Nominations: Arle Nadja x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Celica

Chance: 45%

Want: ABSTAINED

She's certainly the most requested newcomer from fire Emblem right now, but I can't rate above 50%.

Andy

Want: ABSTAINED

His chance has passed now.

Nominate Lucas x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Celica
Chance- 30%
She is new and shiny while offering a little more potential than Alm, but she is also competing against him. Then there is also Lyn and other more popular Fire Emblem characters paired with the possibility of a new Fire Emblem game. Then throw in the "too much Fire Emblem" mentality that even Sakurai touched on... and she isn't a shoe in at all. They may wait for DLC and throw in the new lord as DLC to help space out the Fire Emblem flood.
Want- 25%
She looks pretty, but she is another sword using Fire Emblem character with some magic on the side. Be nice to get spear or axe or another mage instead. I'd prefer her over Lucina though as she only supplies a female Marth which is at least weaker than Celica's potential. I worry more about a surprise cut on the Fire Emblem roster than getting anyone new. Mewtwo in Melee to Brawl showcased that anyone is possible. And who would of thought Wolf would go down with us getting Dr. Mario back? Seems to always be a awkward cut and it may go to Fire Emblem this time.

Andy
Chance- 5%
Currently dead series, not as popular as other dead series.
Want- 10%
Just kind of there for me. I do like to see new series added though.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Celica <Fire Emblem> as a playable character

Chance: 55% - Celica's more popular than Alm as far as I can see, but Sakurai did note he had some reluctance at adding more FE characters when talking about Corrin, so it might take a cut or two before a new FE character gets through.

Want: 0% - I'm perfectly good with Marth, Ike and Robin, thanks.

Andy <Advance Wars> as a playable character

Chance: 20% - Speaking of, perhaps not wanting too many FE characters will have Sakurai look at IntSys' other strategy game. While AW still feels a bit too recent a game to classify as a retro pick, there's always the chance of getting picked for variety's sake, and the Infantry is still an AT in Smash 4, so it's not like it's completely off the radar.

Want: 100% - YESH.

Nominations
Chibi-Robo as a playable character x2
Travis <No More Heroes> as a playable character x1
Decidueye <Pokemon> x1
a stage from Friendshapes x1

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Andy

He had a lot of games, but they're all pretty old

Want: 25%
He deserves to be in but I don't really care.

Celica:

People are clearly very unhappy with the oversaturation of Fire Emblem characters, I severely doubt there'll be another one unless there are serious cuts.

No more Fire Emblems.

Nominations

Travis Touchdown x1

Funky Kong x4

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Another hasty one.

Andy Chance: 5%
Dormant IP. Don't think there's anything else to say.

Eh.

Celica Chance: 15%

Prediction: The end of reality

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

slambros

Smash Ace
A hasty one for me.

Andy

If it helped another Advance Wars game get greenlit, I'd be at least a little down for it.

Celica

Want: 10%

That 10% want score is on the condition that she uses Lucina's moveset and bumps Lucina out.

Nominations:
Dillon x5

:171:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Celica

Chance: 40% - This is probably the highest chance I'll give any new Fire Emblem character. Sakurai already had worries about too many FE characters in Smash 4, and after the immense backlash to Corrin, I'm not expecting him to want to chance it again. Sure, Celica is the deuteragonist of Echoes, the latest game, which counts for a lot when it comes to Fire Emblem, but her game didn't have anywhere near the sales nor enthusiasm that Awakening and Fates did. Not to mention, even with Fire Emblem's already overstuffed roster, she's got Lyn, the Smash veterans, and co-star Alm to worry about. I'm expecting Fire Emblem's roster count to increase, so her best shot is if someone gets confirmed cut or Lucina gets merged back into Marth as a costume. Until then, less than a coinflip sounds about right.

Want: 20% - Nah, I'll pass. I only played Awakening and never finished Birthright (due to somehow missing a child unit) before hopping off the brief FE train, so I have no attachment to her. Plus, considering her and Alm are supposed to be co-stars, getting her and not her deuteragonist feels wrong. It felt wrong already in Warriors, let alone here. I'm also plenty satisfied with our current Fire Emblem choices, and wouldn't want to see them go, nor do I think any of them will. We'll see shortly, but if I were in charge, I'd leave Fire Emblem as is.

Andy

Chance: 11% - This is probably too much still, but Andy still reps a long-running and currently unrepresented, though dormant, franchise. He would definitely have a unique gameplay style, and the series hasn't been completely forgotten by Nintendo yet, if interviews and the Assist Trophy are anything to go by. If we do see the Advance Wars series revived soon and Andy's at the helm, this score will definitely rise, but until then, his series and chances are sunk.

Want: 70% - Smaller Nintendo franchises that get the nod in Smash often get a huge boost in notoriety, and Advance Wars is one of those series that could definitely use it right now. Plus, I love seeing new series introduced to Smash, and amongst them, Advance Wars is one of the more deserving, having a history that stretches all the way back to the NES. Plus, his fans are a pleasant and patient bunch, and watching Fire Emblem, their sister series, rise to stardom while they're left in the past must sting. He may not be one of my most wanted, but I'd be pleased as punch to get him as a surprise pick this go around.

Predictions: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nominations: Dark Matter Blade x 5

Wow we're gonna break 100 today. That's nuts. Here's to rating Kirby's dark horse candidate soon.

Top Bottom