• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Snake:
Chance: 5%
Sakurai is close friends with Kojima who was done wrong by Konami, Konami is in a weird place right now and is known as being quite the toxic company...I wonder if Nintendo would want to collabarate with them right now?

Want: 35%
He's unique, he's got some fun moves, but Snake always felt like the oddest choice, at least to me.
Now Bayonetta is in I find it hard to pin the reasoning down to him being from a 'mature' game, since she's outlandish and fun, but something about the sleeper hold, realistic-ish weaponry and general feel of Snake made him feel peculiar.

Nominations:
Dillon X 2
Concept: Zelda Newcomer X 3

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Snake

Chance:
5% - Kojima was the reason Snake made it into the game in the first place, with how poorly Konami has treated him I doubt Sakurai will even entertain the idea of approaching them. With that said, Snake is a veteran, so there's always a small chance Sakurai might look past that and try to bring him back, but it really is very small.

Want: 60% - I always liked Snake in Brawl, he just didn't fit in at all (in a positive way), and they really made the most out of that with the special taunts (which were far better than the Kid Icarus ones we got in Smash 4 imo). He's also one of the most unique characters the series has had in terms of movesets, I loved that the mine was a Smash attack, and that he could also plant the C4 gave you so much stage control. I'm not a Metal Gear fan at all, so I'm not really going to be sad if he doesn't make it, and that he was missing from Smash 4 didn't really impact my experience much, but I'd still be happy to see him back.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Chance: 2%

Konami are bing ****s with the license, and without Kojima's request and influence it's not happening, and I doubt he wants much to do with it after Konami screwed him over. The only reason it's not 0% is that maybe Nintendo see the fan reaction and reach out, and maybe Konami want to promote whatever Metal Gear licensed ****fest they want to put out next.

Want: 100%

Just to give Kojima the satisfaction he so very much deserves, and to see Konami actually doing something positive with their license.

Nominations:
Andy x3
Travis Touchdown x1
Concept: Advance Wars CO x1

IC Prediction: 88.13%

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Snake chances: 25%
We don't know much about the circumstances that led him to be cut, nor do we know whether those circumstances have evolved since that time. I don't know if he's going to be prioritized for the main game though, I have a feeling that with post-release DLCs taken into account then his chances are much higher.

Snake want: 80%

Ice Climbers prediction: 92.46%

Nominating:
Returning game mode: Smash Run x3
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x2

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oops, did wrong prediction due to using first post schedule! I'll just leave the Wolf prediction for now since it'll be reused and add ICs here:

Ice Climbers Prediction - 92.5% Chance, 80% Want

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Snake

Chance 0% I do not think he will ever return with all the stuff going on with Konami. I just don't see it happening.

Want 10% I never really cared for him either

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Snake
Chance : 20 %
A shame too, he was smash first 3rd party character.

Want : 55 %
I don't care much about Snake himself but I loved the codec discussions and he would bring back the metal gear music with him.

Ice climbers prediction : 83 %

Nomination : Marx (kirby series) X 5

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Snake

Konami are a wildcard, *******

Prediction for IC: 87%

Nominations:
Doomguy x 5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Snake
Chances: 1%
With how Konami is acting and how they disrespected Hideo Kojima, I think the chances are very slim.

Want: 80%
I liked Snake.
He was an interesting character to play.

Noms
x2Mallo
x2 Style Savvy
x1 Chibi-Robo

Ice Climber Predictions
Chances: 94%
Want: 98%

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Solid Snake

Chances: 30%
The whole 3rd party character that got cut thing along with whether or not konami is willing to make a deal is questionable. It's not impossible though.

Want: 100/100
Snake is snake, a literal gaming icon. Possibly one of the coolest smash reveals next to Mega Man. I want him back!

Nominating
Lucina 5x

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Snake has a zero chance of returning. With Sakurai's relationship with Kojima, that alone makes me think Sakurai will never partner with Konami again to add Snake. It would be morally wrong for Sakurai to add him. I do not think Nintendo is in a position where they can force Sakurai to add him, even if Nintendo were to have huge business deal with Konami. Considering the many third-party company offers they could take for third-party Smash additions due to the huge third-party Switch support, I think Konami is the lowest of the low in priority.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I personally think those are the real chances of Snake.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Missed K. Rool and Ridley, so will make both snappy.

K. Rool Chance: 30% - Dixie probably has priority over him. What gives him hope is the smash ballot, I think.
Want - 85% - yes, yes. The kroc is amazing and would be a fun heavyweight character.

Ridley Chance: 5% - Sakurai has deflected this issue too much to change his stance. But...it is always possible.
Want - 80%: while I prefer Rool, Ridley is undoubtedly the most iconic villain remaining and his inclusion would be massive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snake:

Chance: 5% - Konami's still in a precarious state. I wouldn't trust them to allow Kojima his blessing. He might have a better chance as DLC depending on how it goes.

Want: 50% - been neutral on Snake all the time. I appreciated his inclusion, but a part of me wouldn't mind if he was a one-game wonder and another third party gets to shine. With that said, he has a unique move set and has a lot of personality. His return wouldn't disappoint me.

Edit: Ooops, forgot nominations...

Phoenix Wright x2
Black Shadow x2
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Snake

Sure, Nintendo could try and the license to Snake without Kojima’s blessing, but with how much of a mess that company has become nothing is certain. Besides that, Metal Gear Solid has never really been a Nintendo game, so Snake’s inclusion was probably more due to Kojima’s friendship with Sakurai

Want: 40%
I don’t really care for Snake, but I wouldn’t be upset if he got in again.

ICies Prediction
Chance: 80%
Want: 70%

Nominations:
Hector x3
Shovel Knight x2

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
If it’s not too late

Snake
Chances: 20%

While Capcom, Bandai-Namco, and Sega appear to be very keen on allowing their characters in, Konami seems to be a massive wildcard. Not to mention, when asked about Snake in Smash, Kojima sounded a bit isolated “if Sakurai is watching this, please include him in Smash” so it seems at that point there weren’t even talks to include him. Given how much he wanted him there in the first place and how well-received Snake was at the E3 reveal for Brawl, I have a hard time believing Sakurai would just mark him off as a one-time surprise.

So while his chances may have plummeted dramatically cause Konami, my own “once a smasher, always a smasher” mindset prohibits me from putting him completely at 0. The organic demand is clearly there — Konami just needs to take the corn cobs out of their ears.

Want: 80%

Snake had a unique set of gadgets that made him quite fascinating as a character and a trick to fight against. Assuming Smash Switch maintains the speed of Wii U/3DS or even goes faster, Snake would become far more interesting with a faster play style built up with heavy gadgetry.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Snake
Chances: 30%
With how things have been going on with Konami, it's hard to say whether or not Nintendo would want to partner with them, or if even Sakurai would want to do business with them after what happened with Kojima. Snake's main hope is if he was popular enough on the ballot and other fan outcry.

Snake is currently one of my most wanted characters, definitely most wanted of returning veterans. Whether it be Solid, Venom, or Big Boss, I would love to see him make a return due to my love for his moveset and the Metal Gear Franchise.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, Snake. Yeah...

Chances: 0.1%
I said it before, and I will say it again, whatever was happening at Konami during the development of Smash 4 was nothing compared to what Konami has more or less become. It is honestly a fairly ridiculous notion at this point in time.

He was, and still is, the best third-party character they added to this series.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Solid Snake

Chances: 1% - I really really don't see him ever returning to smash. but never say never. anything could happen. so there's still that 1% of a chance he could return. there's already a lot of 3rd party characters and theres always more new ones getting added. so i feel like snake won't make the cut. plus issues with Kojima and Konami.

Want: 1% - I didn't really feel he fit in brawl and personally i never used him. I'd many want him back for those that liked using him including a few of my friends. but I'm pretty selfish so I really wouldn't care if he never returned. plus i feel like if a Konami character gets in now it'd be more likely to be Bomberman.

nominations
Qbby (from Boxboy) x3
Banjo & Kazooie x 1
Impa x 1

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Solid Snake

Chances - 30%
Want - 60%

With the way things are going for Konami, I just don't his return is likely as much as I want him to return.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nintendo Labo Chara- I mean Solid Snake
Chance- 60%
Snake is an important character to both Smash Bros and gaming. First 3rd party character, veteran with a completely unique playstyle. Konami is a nut house, Snake was MIA and no reason was given to us or even Kojima, Sakurai and Kojima are as far as we know still friends, fan demand for him is high, nothing has changed in the past few years... besides a key detail that I think will give him a boost, albeit a very little one.
Now, we know Konami has been making a fool of themselves around every corner, but that doesn't particularly concern Nintendo. What I'm trying to say, is that Konami has screwed nearly everyone under the sun- their employees(Kojima), their playerbase(paying $10 for a save file?!), the fans of the games they own(making Survive in the first place), but not Nintendo as of yet.

In fact, they collaborated to make a Bomberman game as a Switch launch title, and it was received... well, better than their other new games. I believe that Nintendo will reach out to add at least A Konami character, but would it be Bomberman or Snake? I think Snake was a top 5 Ballot character, maybe even top 3. Perhaps Nintendo could pull through with two characters? Konami also has adopted the new policy of "Get as much money as possible with as little effort as possible", so if anything, getting revenue from one (or two) of their most beloved characters being in Smash Bros and as amiibos by just signing a piece of paper would be a great deal! Or maybe I'm just a little too optimistic.

Want- 100%
I want him back. I really do. I love the character, games and playstyle. He is my most wanted veteran. I felt 4 had a gaping hole In the character select screen without him and Ice Climbers. His simultaneous wackiness and violence was something that Bayonetta wishes she could emulate. He is the character I never knew I wanted until he was gone.

Ice Climbers- 96%

Banjo Kazooie X 3
Doomguy X 1
Crash X 1

Last edited:

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
Solid Snake

Chance: 90% (as DLC)

For a base game, I am not convinced Snake will be added. I think they would want to focus on new 3rd party instead. However, Konami is one of the only major Japanese companies to be missing a guest in Smash and will most likely get Simon or Bomberman in the final game. Then if this deal is made and the door is open, Snake seems like an easy addition for DLC as he is arguably the most popular missing veteran after Ice Climbers.

I don't like it when a whole series gets cut from Smash so bringing Snake back would be a step to fix this.

Nomination: Susie (Kirby) x5

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Snake Chance: 15%

Listen....I'm aware that Kojima and Sakurai are friends, but what's keeping Snake from getting into Smash is Konami. Unless, if Konami wants $$$ and toss in Snake for the sake of advertising him, I wouldn't mind, but that still won't make me like Konami.

Snake Want: 80%

I never played any MGS games. But I really want to, preferably Snake Eater and Phantom Pain. I didn't think too much of Snake in Brawl, but after some practice, he's become one of my mains.

Ice Climbers: 100% They were in Melee, in Brawl, and were going to be in 4. I have high hopes.

Hector (FE) x5

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Solid Snake

Chance: 25%
Due to Kojima leaving Konami and how they've went downhill (to say the least...), I don't find it particularly likely that Snake would return to Smash. The only reason I am giving the chance a double digit number, let alone a quarter of 100%, is the fan demand for Snake to return and the ballot to add on top of that. Sakurai also hates to cut characters, especially unique ones and Snake was indeed unique in many ways. The only questions I feel are:
1. Would Kojima like that Sakurai got Snake back? Would he see it as Sakurai bringing back a character he loves (due to creating him) or as Sakurai promoting a company that Kojima is no longer a part of and which would matter more to him? They're friends after all, that's how Snake got into Brawl.
2. Would Sakurai see it as betraying Kojima? Bleeds into the first question.

There are 3 reasons I want Snake back. The first is he was a unique character that made a lot of people happy (including myself) and I'd like for those people to be happy. Second is a series being cut from Smash saddens me. Third, Codec. Enough said.

Ice Climbers:
100%

Nomination:
Banjo & Kazooie x 5

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Time to rate the one who kept us waiting.

Konami is shady, the Kojima and Konami conflict... yeah, all of it's been said already.

He was cool enough. I don't have that much of a personal connection with him or his franchise, nor was a glaring hole in the roster when he was gone. Still, he's cool.

Ice Climbers Prediction: 95% (P.S. the Ike Climbers are cooler than these wannabe dweebs. :p)

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

D

Deleted member

Snake

I highly doubt it gets done after what happened with Kojima.

Want: 46%

He was interesting but he always seemed a little out of place + I've never player MGS.

Nominations: Lyn x3, Dillon x2

Ice Climbers Prediction: 91.5%

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Edit- my mistake I accidentally posted my draft for Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Snake

Chance- 10% (Kojima/Konami Situation is pretty dire and so Snake will probably never return. The 10% comes only from the fact that he is a vet.)

Want- 25% (Even though Snake is a cool addition to smash, I'm ok with the fact that we may never see him again. Plus, if it does happen, I wouldn't want to support Konami either way so...)

D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers

Chance- 90%
Aside from the technical issues there was no reason to cut them.
Want- 50%
Was never my cup of tea personally, but let the people who like them be happy.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5
We're still rating Snake though....

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Snake

Chances - 15% Not sure exactly what's up with Kojima not having Snake return, but I have to admit I'm a little surprised with that. With how Kojima is being right now, I wouldn't be surprised and Snake being a third party character would increase some difficulty for him to return

Want - 40% I'll be honest I enjoyed Snake in Brawl, but he wasn't one of my favorites. Would love to see him back, but I'm okay with it if he doesn't return

Nominations: Dillon x3, Dark Samus x2

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Snake:
Chance: 12% The best reason to bring him back is precedence. He was a newcomer in Brawl, so excluding him would feel wrong. There's a lot going against him though. Konami did kick his creator out, which means there's bad blood regarding the character. In addition, he isn't really a Nintendo character. Snake mostly appeared on the PlayStation, so it's weird to see him here. Then again, we did Cloud, so that might not be an issue any more. Finally, his inclusion did bump up the ESRB rating for Smash from E10+ to T. I'm not sure how relevant that is, considering Bayonetta got added. Still, those are severe hurdles to get over.
Want: 55% I would be happy if he got in. One of my best friend's mained him in Brawl, and was devastated to not see him in Smash 4. His moveset is unique, and I want to see all the veterans represented.

Ice Climber Prediction: 95%
Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Chance: 50%

Alright, some things need to be addressed here.

The Kojima situation. Despite the terrible things Konami did to Kojima, he still very much cares about Metal Gear. He regularly retweets MGS related things, and he still wants Snake in Smash as he asked for such in that interview years ago.

"He doesn't fit in." I honestly can't believe people are still pulling this one after the likes of Cloud, Ryu, and Bayo. Too much of a "Sony" character? Cloud. His games are M rated? Bayonetta. He's a gruff dude with a bandanna? Ryu. Please, people.

"He'll affect the ratings!" I'm flabbergasted that I actually saw this mentioned again, a certain witch would like a word with you. If we can have an ultra sexual gun toting character in an E10+ game, there's nothing a dude with some explosives would change.

It honestly comes down to Sakurai and Konami. Kojima still wants Snake in, so Sakurai wouldn't be slighting his friend by adding him. Konami is still making games under the franchise name, for better or worse, so they have no real reason to deny it now. It's just a flip of the coin, all Snake needs is two parties to say "yes."

Smash was never the same when Snake arrived, and there was a giant hole left in his wake when he vanished. He was my main to end all mains, my favorite character in the entire roster, one of my favorite characters in all of gaming or media in general.

Metal Gear will never be the same without Kojima, but at least his legacy could be honored by Sakurai.

Ice Climbers Prediction: 100%

The 3DS is the only reason they were cut, and it's no longer an issue.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Snake
Chance: 35%
Hard to say for sure with how Konami is acting nya, but it could happen if Nintendo really pushes for it mew.
Want: 75%
I never really played as snake nya, but his moves are unique and filled with explosives. And I like explosives nya. :nifty:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Snake:
Chance: 10% As it has been said countless times the Kojima-Konami dispute really makes it a hard sell for Snake to return, if he were in SSB4 I would give him a slight better chance.

That said though, I like Snake and his moveset in Brawl and would love for him to come back.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
So, I was informed we were doing Ice Climbers tomorrow instead of Wolf.

I am making my prediction now:

Ice Climbers - 98.89% - Better hardware gives them much better chances.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Snake
Chance: 6% - As many people have already said, Kojima no longer has any control over Snake or the Metal Gear franchise. I’m also not entirely convinced Sakurai will go out of his way to work with Konami for Snakes inclusion, especially seeing as how he barely made any attempt to get Snake in SSB4.

Want: 40% - I’d at least be happy for his fans, especially after all they’ve been through with Konami practically destroying the franchise.

Ice Climbers prediction: 93%

Nominations: New story mode x5

Red Hood

Smash Rookie
Snake:

Chance: 50%
Maybe this rating is a admittedly a little optimistic, but Snake should come back. Konami has had their heads up their butts with a lot of stuff lately, and they treated Kojima poorly at the end of his time there. In spite of this Kojima wants Snake in smash. That character is still his baby, and I remember reading he would like Snake to return. Also with a new Metal Gear game out Konami might want to push that character. Snake is a popular veteran which still means something even if he was absent from Smash 4. It mostly comes down to if Sakurai wants to use him, and if Konami wants to give him the rights.

Snake is iconic not just as one of the greatest video game chracters of all time, but also as a shift in what Smash could be. He paved the way for characters like Cloud, and Ryu to make the roster. I was so excited, and surprised to see him when he was introduced. I played as him a lot in Brawl, and I was deeply disappointed to see him absent from Smash 4. I hate seeing characters cut in general, but I especially hate to see such a cool character with a unique moveset go...

Nominations:
Crash Bandicoot x5

D

Deleted member

Solid Snake alright let's see?

Chance: 30%
With the way Konami is being and Kojima seeming to have moved on I doubt it.

That said I'd love to see him return Sakurai is good friends with Kojima from what I understand so maybe he's get his permission.

Ice Climber Oredictions: 99.9% Yes please bring them back Daddy Sakurai!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Snake

Chances: 35%
Nintendo and Konami seem to be on better terms than when Smash 4 was coming out. Metal Gear is probably there most active and popular franchise although they could go with a fitting franchise for a nintendo fighting game like bomberman or even castlevania. No gaurentee that these 2 companies will work together but it seems somewhat possible.

Snake was a unique charcter who was fun to play as in my opinion and i would be happy to have him back.

Nomination: Alm X5

Last edited:
Top Bottom