• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After thinking about it a bit more, there is one scenario to which I can see Crash being negotiated by Activision and Sakurai in early 2016:

That is if Activision agreed to make N. Sane trilogy PS4 exclusive a one-year deal back in E3 2016 during its game announcement, with Nintendo being aware of this and making a deal with Activision so that Smash Switch could have Crash as a playable character. That is about the only thing that connects together that gives Crash the biggest chance, but I think his chances are still relatively low.

Last edited:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
So Crash, huh.

Chance -23%
Ngl, I don't know much about him lol. But he does have that Trilogy bolstering his chances tho there are probably more likely 3rd parties.

Want -55%
I honestly don't care about the character BUT I got a friend who really wants him in and having Rayman & Crash tag team (not one character slot ofc) Would be fun.

Prediction: Lyn -15%

Nominations: Lana x5 (or x10 if that's a thing now lol)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
After thinking about it a bit more, there is one scenario to which I can see Crash being negotiated by Activision and Sakurai in early 2016:

That is if Activision agreed to make N. Sane trilogy PS4 exclusive a one-year deal back in E3 2016 during its game announcement, with Nintendo being aware of this and making a deal with Activision so that Smash Switch could have Crash as a playable character. That is about the only thing that connects together that gives Crash the biggest chance, but I think his chances are still relatively low.
N. Sane Trilogy was almost certainly planned as a timed exclusive from the start. The promotional material never had the telltale "Only on PlayStation" banner that full exclusives had.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

What are your opinions on his chances as DLC compared to other top ranking third parties, should that be a thing for Smash Switch?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Crash want: 0%*

His moveset doesn't interest me.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5
Decloned Ganondorf x5

* Indicates percentage would be higher if not for potentially taking a character slot away from most wanted characters

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Given the likely circumstances that the critieria of DLC will be entirely different from the base game, I am not sure yet YoshiandToad.

My ratings here are based on characters getting in the base game.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Crashing through the snow:
Chance: 15%
I'm still skeptical. It's possible, but if getting a game on switch was all a third party needed we'd have seen a lot more back in smash 4. He's probably among the top 3 most likely third party characters though.

Want: 51%
I'm indifferent outside of the WOAH! meme.

Predicting THE ENEMY at 19%
Nominating Impa x8
Snip/Clip x2

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Chance: 30%

I have no doubt that at most in the base game that we will get 2 3rd parties. Maybe 3 if we are lucky, (or unlucky depending on who you are). Because of that, who gets in is a really tight fit. Sure we will probably get more due to dlc. And I'll give credit to Crash that at least I can consider him close to the height of megaman.

With that said, with such uncertainity on what kinds of things Sakurai is going to be looking for in 3rd parties this time, I can't really say there is anything solid.

Want: 50%
I grew up with a couple of crash games. They were fun. But at the same time I was always an Nintendo guy. And I never really got to delve into his best games.

Nominations:
10 x Ashley (warioware)

Morbi

Scavenger
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 50%

He is happening regardless. He is about the only high profile third-party character they could add without going to Microsoft which seems to be off the table. So, he is either in the base-game, or he is DLC. Whatever. If you ask me, it could only really be 50%.

Want: 100%

I want characters that are noteworthy. He is just about the only one that I see suggested in regard to third-party characters. No offense to Rayman or Geno. Lmfao.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It seems I have 10 extra noms. Ok.

Crash Bandicoot

Had to tell since his biggest revival may had came late when Smash started development. Though I won't ignore that he is a big character. He used to be a big deal too, even with consistent Japanese popularity.

Bring on the Bandicoot, and not just because he is toast.

Lyn prediction: 18%

She may have popularity, but then there's relevance.

Nominations: Sans x 15

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Smash Bandicoot

Chance: 30%. Iconic character, and his chances have been boosted thanks to appearing on Switch.

Want: 35%. I'd be alright with it, but don't have a particular want.

Lyn Prediction: 15%. Not properly relevant tbh, from what I'm able to tell.

Nominations: Fawful x10

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Crash Bandicoot:

Chance: 50%

I think he has a chance of getting in the game, but I am not sure if they have asked Activision to use him yet to begin with.

Want: 90%

Though I can slightly do without him, I would love to see Crash battle with the likes of Mario and Sonic, among other characters. I'd definitely give him a try out if he was in.

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Chance: 25%
All he has is the remaster on the Switch and being an iconic 3rd party character, but those can be quite good reasons.

Want: 65%
Lower than it could have been since i've never played a Crash game, but he looks like he'd be a fun fighter and wouldn't it just be cool to do the whole iconic mascot thing with him, Mario, Sonic and whichever of Mega Man/Pac-Man make it in

Also giveing 5 nominations to Ganon (not Ganondorf). Am I doing that right?

Last edited:

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
Chance : 50%
Don't really know how working with Activision will work
Want : 50%
As much as I like Crash, I don't think he really belongs in Smash. Wouldn't be against it if he was coming, but yeah.

Lyn : 30%

x10 Ashley

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I will probably rate Crash a lot lower than most of you, but in his (and a lot of other characters') defense, a lot of people seem mighty presumptive of when the "roster planning cutoff date" was. Obviously it was way before Crash got announced, but saying anything not well in development by X month in 2016 is S.O.L. is just conjecture. An approximately 2 year date seems to have applied to Smash Wii U/3DS, but they also had 2 consoles to produce for at once as well as first time HD development. We don't know when the cutoff applied to this game with completely different circumstances.

Getting my nominations and predictions in. I'll post about Crash later.

Predict Lyn: 11%

Noms:
Nia & Dromarch x5, Isabelle x3, Mach Rider x1, Balloon Fighter x1

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Bandicoot time.

Chance: 15%

He's a very iconic character, for sure. But... This is a legitimate question, and I don't mean this condescendingly... Where are you people getting such absurdly large odds from? Yes, he's a third party and he has a game being ported to the Switch.

...And?

Seriously, I don't get why N. sane Trilogy getting a Switch port means ANYTHING other than it's getting a Switch port. Does it boost his odds slightly? Yeah. Enough to get him above the 30% margin? Hell and no. He's still a third party character, one who doesn't have as much of a Nintendo status as a Sony status. The same can be said for :4cloud: I know, but Final Fantasy itself at least shares a home on Nintendo. And I would daresay he's not the most popular third party pick by a notable margin. I dunno, I'm not getting where this is coming from. To be fair though, that might be because...

Want: 10%
I have really never been one for the Crash games. I played the original 3, they're okay, but it's absolutely never stuck out for me among PS1 classics or platforming mascots in general. I'd much rather have other third parties. But he is certainly beloved and iconic enough that I wouldn't be upset.

I'm not voting for Lyn's probability because as some of you may expect, I'm dreading tomorrow.

Nominate Geno x5

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Obviously it was way before Crash got announced, but saying anything not well in development by X month in 2016 is S.O.L. is just conjecture.
This is true, but really, isn't just about everything we do in this thread based on conjecture?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
This is true, but really, isn't just about everything we do in this thread based on conjecture?
LOL. That it is, but it doesn't bother me unless people state our unconfirmed fan speculation as fact. It's certainly food for thought, but if most of an argument for or against a character rides on that, it's shaky logic.

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bandicoot

Chances:25%
Eh, seems unlikely if you ask me. Maybe if something was negotiated in advance, but otherwise nah.

Want:50%, I have no prefrence either way to be honest.

Nominations:Concept:Mother Newcomer x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Crash

I guess he has a decent chance as a 3rd-party from a pretty big series, but I dunno, he's never seemed as famous as the others in there, aside from Bayonetta. But she had the ballot, supposedly. He was sort of an unofficial mascot for the PS1.

I only played the first game a little bit on PS1, but didn't own it. I never really got the appeal of his design tho.

Crash chances: 10%
If I'm Nintendo, looking for more 3rd-parties, and I've already added/rejected Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman and such, he would be on the list of characters to consider. Maybe Sakurai is a fan? Who knows.

Crash want: 5%
I have no interest in him.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Crash: 15%
Sure the N Sane Trilogy is coming to the Switch, but I don't think that really makes his chances super great. He's still considered mainly a Sony character. But I guess so was Cloud.
I love Crash a lot, but I don't know if I really want him in Smash

Lyn Prediction: 19.49%

Nominations

Decloned Dark Pit x7
9-Volt x2
Tetra x1

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am going to go ahead and post my Crash WANT: 50% (simultaneously 0% and 100% tbh)

I have never been so conflicted. No third party character has ever felt so wrong and so right.

He feels so RIGHT because having the other 90s mascot totem pole alongside Mario and Sonic in Smash would be arguably the most amazing nostalgia trip and collaboration in gaming history. The collective hype would be off the charts. Can you imagine if we got him AND Classic Spyro?! I also really like Crash and his games. He's my favorite thunder from down under gaming marsupial that's not named Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

It feels WRONG because I associate him with PlayStation so much even though he's not a first party character. After Snake and especially Cloud, I know that history with Sony has minimal impact on his chances, but it feels bizarrely disloyal. (I have strong preferences of which franchises I associate with which companies when possible). I also feel like it destroys his chances in PSABR2, a redeeming sequel I really want to exist someday with the cast and gameplay it deserves.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Crash

The relevancy aspect to him is on his side with the N Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch, and he's also fairly iconic with a decent history to him. Being third party is one particular issue though, and his relevancy resurgence might have come a bit too late (that is, if we're taking the "Greninja effect" into effect)...

Want: Abstain

Never been exposed to Crash all that much compared to other third party characters to give an accurate want score for him.

------

Predictions

Lyn (Fire Emblem): 7.12%

An extremely popular Fire Emblem character with some fame recently... but she's been an Assist Trophy for two Smash games in a row now.

------

Nominations

Professor Layton (Professor Layton): x10

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Crash Bandicoot:
Crash has had some history on Nintendo systems, such as the exclusive GBA games, GC, Wii, DS and GBA versions of some of his games. However for the most part he has been a Sony icon, the same could be said for Cloud and Snake however Cloud's series has had a stronger history with Nintendo, and Snake had a special case. It really depends how Sakurai wants to go about it, as he is incredibly iconic however is mostly a Sony icon. Not to mention, it could depend on how much they were aware of the N. Sane Trilogy's non exclusivity, although I assume they likely knew that. I see him as a better chance as DLC.

However Crash Bandicoot has been one of if not, the most important video game franchise in my life, being one of my first and some of the ones I followed the hardest, I have extremely fund memories of him all around and would absolutely adore to play as him in Smash (Albeit I'd be fine either way, he'd be amazing to have in for me however). From the og trilogy, to the GBA exclusives, to Twinsanity from any other game, I've always followed the series and characters. Crash has been more important for me than any other Nintendo franchise aside from Pokemon and Super Smash Bros..

Lyn prediction: 20%

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 11%

- Possible but I’m not really feeling it.

Want: 30%

- I like him more than Sonic.

Prediction

Lyn: 10.5%

- Fire Emblem fatigue is still present and we have enough FE swordsmen as it is. Not even her Japanese-style sword would make her stand out much.

Nominations

Black Shadow x4
Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x1

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little pressed on time, so I'll make this quick.

Crash Bandicoot
Chance- 25%
Want- 50%

Lyn Predictions- 26%

Nominations:
Ashley x10

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm watching the official Activision Twitch stream, and the streamer was asked if they'd like to see Crash Bandicoot in Smash Bros., and he said, "That'd be awesome!" but also admitted to having no sway over Activision's decisions.

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Crash Bandicoot:

Nominations:
Excitebiker x3
Ganon x2
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Crash Chance - 18%: The announcement of his game coming to Switch happened the day the game was announced, which meant that it was not taken into account for the development process. However, that doesn't count him out as DLC. Still, the 3rd party slot is pretty gosh darn competitive.

Crash Want - 45%: I love the classic Crash franchise but utterly loathe the games after them more than anybody should be allowed to hate something. I hate that the N. Sane Trilogy kept the horrible voice cast from those games. Still, the flamboyant Cortex, male Coco, and senile N. Brio shouldn't come up with the addition of Crash by himself, and it's doubtful he will have one of his horrible designs.

Predict Lyn 15%

Nominations
Fawful x4
Blue Bowser x6

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Chances: 30%
Yeah, I don't think the chances are that great. Activision has a weird relationship with everyone in the industry, and if we're going off of them getting to use Bowser and DK in Skylanders, then I feel characters from that series are more likely than Crash.

I love Crash Bandicoot, but I still attribute him more with Playstation. I would not be upset if he showed up in Smash, but there are definitely more characters I feel should be included before him. Like, a LOT more characters.

Noms:
Blue Bowser x 7
Hyness x3

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
not enough time again, will edit reasoning in

Crash Bandicoot

Chance: 20%

A major third party figure, but that's less predictable and he hasn't always been super close to Nintendo, and the best thing for his chances might not have been known about or planned in time. Would be more likely as DLC, which is not accounted for in my ratings.

Want: 60%

I have conflicting feelings. I love Crash, his classic games were among my favorite games to play as a child, but I just associate his series too strongly with Sony to actively want him. There are ultimately other third parties I think would be a better fit, but since I'm a fan I'd be ok with his inclusion, thus I'll put it in the positive area.

Lyn prediction: 12.48%

Nominations: Jibanyan x15

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Real quick...

Day 21, the forgotten mascot.

Crash Bandicoot

Chance: abstain

Prediction: Lyn

Chance: 23%

Nominations

Marx x10

Note: might edit in reasons later.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Crash Chances:
35%

I am pretty sure that we will see at least 1 new third party character, probably even more. And Crash is likely the best known character first published by Sony that would fit into smash. It wouldn´t be too hard to make a moveset and we got the announcement for N.sane trilogy (a pretty successful game) on Switch in the same Direct as Smash 5 was announced. I think he and Rayman have good chances to make it in.

Crash Want:
5%

I am simply no fan of him and his games.

Lyn Prediction:
28,25%

Nominations:
5x Galacta Knight

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Cresh

Chance: 35%
In the scheme of third parties, I'd say he's pretty up there among western characters, and he does have a lot of popularity in Japan. Western characters still have a bit of a harder time however, so I can't really give him too many points here. Alongside the general unpredictability of 3rd parties. And I doubt N. Sane Trilogy on the Switch would have been a factor as the roster was probably finalized 2017 at the latest.

Want: 60%
I have no attachment but I'd take him.

Lyn prediction: 26%

Nomination: Elma x 5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Crash Bandicoot

Chances: 60%
It does seem like perfect timing with the success the franchise has had in its comeback and the switch port of the original trilogy also due out in the middle of character announcements and hype for the new game. I believe he is iconic and popular enough the question is will Nintendo and Activision play nice and let this happen, Bowser and DK were in Skylanders so anything is possible.

Crash was my childhood and seeing him it is my dream to have a proper smash battle with mario, sonic, crash, & banjo and refuse to let it die despite the odds being stacked against me.

Nomination: Linkle X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Crash Bandicoot

80% Chance

The main factor that helps our good friend here is the fact that Activision, as dumb as they can be, are pretty damn big and have collabed with Nintendo in the past. Honestly Crash is probably one of the biggest names that could be added to Smash as a third party from a new company. I mean I can think of some Square characters and maybe you could make a deal with the devil for Banjo and Kazooie, but aside from those, its Crash baby. He is huge, anyone can try to say that he was irrelevant for a long time but he is back.

Some people are iffy on the timing of it all, but I feel that it will work out. We are operating on Smash 4 style development windows, when in reality it would be much easier to make this game then past ones. Wii U could easily serve as a strong base for the project. I feel the development window started later than most people think. Ergo I am not too worried about timing.

As such, we basically have a character that has nearly everything going for them. They are very popular among the greater gaming scene, just go on youtube or other forms and you will see that after N Sane and the Switch port announcement, there is a vocal demand. He is a pop culture icon, and it would be a great time to add him.

100% Want

Literally my most wanted realistic newcomer. I will give an empassioned speech on the day we possibly rate my most wanted newcomer, but let me just say that it will not happen, and that it is not in my sig.

On to Crash, there is so much to love about him. I love his design. It is so wacky and fun. I love his games, I have tons of great memories playing demos of them in my childhood off of one of those old ps1 demo discs. I love getting people to play Crash for the first time, people love the artstyle and color. I just have so many memories of this series. The time I brought my PSP when I went to a friend's family party and he got to bring me along since I was free, he called the boxes "Uppies". He was 13, we still have good dumb times. I showed a friend Crash recently in college, she loves him. I have many great memories of the character.

I know some people may not like third parties, but I love them. I see smash as less of a celebration of Nintendo, but from Brawl onward it has been shaping to be a celebration of Nintendo and gaming as a whole. Seeing another rival to Mario enter the fray, someone who is finally a thing again, it would be perfect.

DAY OVER, CALCS IN THE MORNING

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Now starring/starting Lyn

Chance: 10%
She really missed the boat, but she was the most voted female character on the FE Heroes Choose your legends event

Want: 30%
I never played her game, I only know her in Smash. But I like her

Top Bottom