• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

THESE CHARACTERS ARE LOCKED DOWN, NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE OBSOLETE

April 3: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
April 4: Porky Minch (Mother/Earthbound)
April 5: Yuri Lowell (Tales)
April 6: Concept: Boss Rush
April 7: Bonkers (Kirby)
April 8: Concept: Undertale rep
April 9: Brash the Bear (Donkey Kong) & Lora (Xenoblade)

Yeah, I totally forgot today was April 1st. Needless to say I was really confused at all the Reggies, but I'm loving the tribute.

It's pretty fitting that Brash the Bear got into the schedule on April's Fools, but I guess the joke's on him, as he has to share the day. I guess you could call him... The Sharebear?

I'll see myself out.

Anyways, your new top seven consists of Amy Rose, Black Mage, Impa, Freddi Fish and Luther, a rerate for Erdrick, Metal Sonic, and the tie to end all ties between Nathan Drake, Microsoft rep, Aloy and Protector.

I was planning to make a double day between Drake and Aloy, but this might complicate matters. We'll see how the week turns out.
Amy Rose x115
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x115
Impa x106
Freddi Fish and Luther (Freddi Fish) x105
[Rerate] Erdrick x102
Metal Sonic x102
Nathan Drake x100
Concept: Microsoft Rep x100
Aloy x100
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x100

100 - 51

Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x98
Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep x95
Creeper x94
Boss: Kracko x85
Tetromino x85
Spyro x82
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Frogger x80
9-Volt x74
Jin Kazama x65
Kamek x61
Ninten x58
Papyrus x51

50 - 25

Morrigan Aensland x50
Concept: Square Enix rep x50
Palico x50
Monokuma x50
X (Mega Man) x44
Frisk x40
Decidueye x38
[Rerate] 2B x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: DLC challenges x30
Adeleine (Kirby) x29
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Crono x25
Kyle Hyde x25
Heavy (Team Fortress) x25

Under 25

Gooey (Kirby) x23
Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Earthworm Jim x20
Glover x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Brian (Quest 64) x17
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Reporter & Wrestler x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x13
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x13
Concept: Persona Spirits x12
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Tora and Poppi x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Saber (Fate) x10
Concept: Another joke character x10
Velvet Crowe x10
Black Shadow x8
Marx (Kirby) x7
Concept: New modes x7
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x6
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
King Boo x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Mike Jones x5
Specter Knight x5
[Rerate] Sans x5
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Eight (Dragon Quest) x3
[Rerate] Slime (Dragon Quest) x3
Boss: Sans x2
Luminary (Dragon Quest) x2
Urbosa x1
Stahl x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Papyrus trousles past 50 noms. (And no, I don't care if trousle is a verb. Papyrus would want me to make a pun, no matter the cost)

Kyle Hyde and Heavy shoot their way through the under 25 club.
Firstly, I like the Reggie I got.

Secondly, Freddi Fish and Luther top 4. Yay.

EDIT: I mean FF & L is in the next top 7, after we get through Brash the Bear and Lora.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Assist Trophy becomes a character

Overall chance rating: 5%
It's clear that AT's were meant to represent characters without having to go through the effort of making them playable. Sakurai said this himself during an Iwata Asks interview in the Brawl days and the SSB4 Waluigi AT miiverse post basically reasserts this by saying "...Which also means he's not a playable character." Yes I know that Brawl interview was when DLC wasn't really a thing, but by the time of the miiverse post DLC was basically a staple in games (even if Sakurai didn't have the exact SSB4 DLC roster at the time). I still believe that Sakurai holds the same sentiment and I don't see anything that could change his mind even with post-launch content existing...

...except for maybe one person...
1554094311922.png

The countless amounts of popular posts/memes created over Waluigi being an AT in Ultimate was huge and Sakurai is well aware the fans want him in Smash. If AT's really are meant to be deconfirmations then I could see Sakurai making an exception for our favorite purple troublemaker. Also it's become more clear over time that Sakurai doesn't care about things like a character being playable and a stage/item/background element at the same time, especially with Mario appearing in Piranha Plant's victory animation. Not to mention we've been surprised countless amounts of times with things like Piranha Plant and Joker's inclusion that I think any video game character is fair game for the most part (as long as they have a lot going for them which Waluigi certainly has).

I'm still a firm believer that this wave of DLC will mainly be third party/promotional picks, but if we get another season that's mainly devoted to fan picks I don't think it's too far off from impossible.

-----

Specific Chance/Want Ratings

So say Nintendo says "we're promoting an AT to playable status" and I have to give the likelihood of who it'll happen to, I think it'd go like this:

Bomberman

Chance: 80%
Very popular and iconic character (heck he even fought with Wario in Wario Blast). Would also serve as a way to bring a new franchise into Smash.

Want: 100%
Probably my most wanted third party character that isn't SNK related. I loved the Bomberman games growing up and Bomberman 64 Hero in particular was one of my favorite childhood games (I still get nostalgic over this track).

Krystal

Chance: 20%
Has her fans but hasn't had too much prominence in the series in recent years. Would definitely be overshadowed by the other characters.

Want: 25%
Wouldn't mind her but I've never played any of the Star Fox games she's in (or that many Star Fox games in general for that matter) so I have little attachment to her. Would be cool to have a spear user though which Smash really lacks.

Isaac

Chance: 90%
After Waluigi I think Isaac is the next guaranteed AT promotion. He has an incredibly popular fanbase and with Ridley and K. Rool in Smash he's probably one of the most requested fan picks.

Want: 70%
Haven't finished Golden Sun yet though I recognize Isaac's great potential as a fighter. He's also very deserving of it considering his popularity in the Smash community.

Lyn

Chance: 30%
Very popular in the fanbase and she even won the first FE Heroes CYL voting competition (the other winners were Roy, Ike, and Lucina who are in Smash). Unfortunately Sakurai is aware of FE fatigue in Smash so he may be hesitant to add her.

Want: 95%
My most wanted FE newcomer aside from Celica. Is really deserving of a slot considering her immense popularity and the fact that her game was the first FE title released in the West.

Waluigi

Chance: 95%
If we're getting an AT promotion character it is most likely gonna be Waluigi. I don't think any other character here would make the internet go as crazy as him if it were to happen.

Easily the most deserving of the characters here considering how popular and recognizable he is. My most wanted Mario series newcomer and was my third most wanted at the start of speculation after Ashley and Isabelle.

Shovel Knight

Chance: 10%
I feel that the only plans for Shovel Knight was just as an AT. I feel like Nintendo views that as enough to satisfy the SK fanbase so I don't see him getting promoted.

Shovel Knight is up there as one of my favorite indie games. While there are some other indie characters I'd prefer to see first (namely Quote from Cave Story) I'd be totally down for Shovel Knight.

Takamaru

He was considered for SSB4 but wasn't added since he was unknown to the West. Even though he got some popularity with his AT's inclusion I think the sentiment is still the same.

Want: 5%
Have no connection to him outside of Smash so he's easily my least wanted of the AT's listed here. Also if we were to get another ninja-archetype fighter I'd much prefer Kat & Ana.

Skull Kid

Chance: 25%
His support rose a lot after the August direct but has since been quiet. The fact that he was deconfirmed through the Smash website really makes me think that he isn't a top priority.

Want: 85%
The Zelda series is in desperate need of unique newcomers and Skull Kid would help get the job done. He's the villain of one of my favorite games of all time so I'd love to see him playable.

Shadow

Chance: 60%
He is very popular and would be fairly easy to make as a Sonic echo. Would still have to compete with Robotnik and Tails though.

Want: 10%
He'd most likely make it in as a Sonic echo/semi-clone and Sonic happens to be one of my least favorite characters in the game. Also I would much prefer to have Robotnik or Tails first.

Spring Man

Chance: 85%
Arms is a brand new IP so I think he is ripe to become a character. If he is not DLC then I can guarantee he'll be in Smash 6 assuming we get an Arms sequel.

Want: 25%
No connection to Arms but he looks extremely unique and it'd be nice to have newer Nintendo IPs represented through playable. I have no idea if the other characters in Arms would be alternate costume/echo viable but if they were that'd be even better.

Midna

Chance: 20%
TP isn't really relevant anymore so I think that hurts her chances a lot. She also has a mountain load of other Zelda characters to compete against.

Want: 75%
I didn't really care about Midna getting into Smash too much (even after I beat TP years ago) but after playing through Hyrule Warriors I realize she has a ton of potential. Would love to see how she utilizes her hair attacks and Wolf Link.

Black Knight:

Chance: 15%
The Tellius games are somewhat old now so I don't see this happening. Also Sakurai knows about FE fatigue so he may not add him.

Never played the Tellius games though Black Knight seems to be one of the series' better antagonists. I'd love to see how they handle him with his bulky armor and strong attacks.

And finally...

Ashley:

Chance: 40%
Is very popular so I can kind of see this happening. Despite tihs however she'd also have to compete with other Wario characters such as Jimmy T, Mona, Kat & Ana, and 9-Volt.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just felt completely dead inside? That was me during the August direct when Ashley was just randomly shown in the AT showcase without any special acknowledgement. Ashley was #1 most wanted newcomer at the start of SSBU speculation so seeing her as an AT hurt so much. The Wario series has so much potential for a second fighter and in my opinion Ashley would be the best candidate. Not only could she utilize Red in a variety of ways but I'd love for Smash to get a true magic-based witch fighter (I don't count Bayonetta or Robin as falling into that trope).

-----

If I'm reading the rules of this day correctly I should have 35 nominations which I'll use for Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Assist Trophy becomes a character

Overall chance rating: 5%
It's clear that AT's were meant to represent characters without having to go through the effort of making them playable. Sakurai said this himself during an Iwata Asks interview in the Brawl days and the SSB4 Waluigi AT miiverse post basically reasserts this by saying "...Which also means he's not a playable character." Yes I know that Brawl interview was when DLC wasn't really a thing, but by the time of the miiverse post DLC was basically a staple in games (even if Sakurai didn't have the exact SSB4 DLC roster at the time). I still believe that Sakurai holds the same sentiment and I don't see anything that could change his mind even with post-launch content existing...

...except for maybe one person...
The countless amounts of popular posts/memes created over Waluigi being an AT in Ultimate was huge and Sakurai is well aware the fans want him in Smash. If AT's really are meant to be deconfirmations then I could see Sakurai making an exception for our favorite purple troublemaker. Also it's become more clear over time that Sakurai doesn't care about things like a character being playable and a stage/item/background element at the same time, especially with Mario appearing in Piranha Plant's victory animation. Not to mention we've been surprised countless amounts of times with things like Piranha Plant and Joker's inclusion that I think any video game character is fair game for the most part (as long as they have a lot going for them which Waluigi certainly has).

I'm still a firm believer that this wave of DLC will mainly be third party/promotional picks, but if we get another season that's mainly devoted to fan picks I don't think it's too far off from impossible.

-----

Want Ratings

Bomberman: 100%
Probably my most wanted third party character that isn't SNK related. I loved the Bomberman games growing up and Bomberman 64 Hero in particular was one of my favorite childhood games (I still get nostalgic over this track).

Krystal: 25%
Wouldn't mind her but I've never played any of the Star Fox games she's in (or that many Star Fox games in general for that matter) so I have little attachment to her. Would be cool to have a spear user though which Smash really lacks.

Isaac: 70%
Haven't finished Golden Sun yet though I recognize Isaac's great potential as a fighter. He's also very deserving of it considering his popularity in the Smash community.

Lyn: 95%
My most wanted FE newcomer aside from Celica. Is really deserving of a slot considering her immense popularity and the fact that her game was the first FE title released in the West.

Waluigi: 100%
Easily the most deserving of the characters here considering how popular and recognizable he is. My most wanted Mario series newcomer and was my third most wanted at the start of speculation after Ashley and Isabelle.

Shovel Knight: 70%
Shovel Knight is up there as one of my favorite indie games. While there are some other indie characters I'd prefer to see first (namely Quote from Cave Story) I'd be totally down for Shovel Knight.

Takamaru: 5%
Have no connection to him outside of Smash so he's easily my least wanted of the AT's listed here. Also if we were to get another ninja-archetype fighter I'd much prefer Kat & Ana.

Skull Kid: 85%
The Zelda series is in desperate need of unique newcomers and Skull Kid would help get the job done. He's the villain of one of my favorite games of all time so I'd love to see him playable.

Shadow: 10%
He'd most likely make it in as a Sonic echo/semi-clone and Sonic happens to be one of my least favorite characters in the game. Also I would much prefer to have Robotnik or Tails first.

Spring Man: 25%
No connection to Arms but he looks extremely unique and it'd be nice to have newer Nintendo IPs represented through playable. I have no idea if the other characters in Arms would be alternate costume/echo viable but if they were that'd be even better.

Midna: 75%
I didn't really care about Midna getting into Smash too much (even after I beat TP years ago) but after playing through Hyrule Warriors I realize she has a ton of potential. Would love to see how she utilizes her hair attacks and Wolf Link.

Black Knight: 70%
Never played the Tellius games though Black Knight seems to be one of the series' better antagonists. I'd love to see how they handle him with his bulky armor and strong attacks.

And finally...

Ashley: 100%
Have you ever had one of those moments where you just felt completely dead inside? That was me during the August direct when Ashley was just randomly shown in the AT showcase without any special acknowledgement. Ashley was #1 most wanted newcomer at the start of SSBU speculation so seeing her as an AT hurt so much. The Wario series has so much potential for a second fighter and in my opinion Ashley would be the best candidate. Not only could she utilize Red in a variety of ways but I'd love for Smash to get a true magic-based witch fighter (I don't count Bayonetta or Robin as falling into that trope).

-----

If I'm reading the rules of this day correctly I should have 35 nominations which I'll use for Concept: Fire Emblem Three Houses rep.
Ok maybe it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I'll do it tomorrow when I have the time for the bonus noms. Good night Reggies.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
First off, I'd like to get more opinions on whether Cuphead is disconfirmed. Nearly all the people who responded agreed he is, but if the bossman thinks he isn't, that at least merits another day of discussion.

With that out of the way, I'm going to go for those 30 extra noms, just because I love ATs so much. As an added challenge, I won't say they're an AT for a cheap sentence. Yeah, I'm giving them all 1%, but if I'm feeling inspired I'll try to do some extra sentences about their odds outside this Fighter Pass. Let's go alphabetically.

Ashley

Chance: 1%
She was the frontrunner for a new Wario rep, for sure. While she might still be, I feel like she's not getting as much promotion as she used to, so Nintendo might not see her as the breakout they used to push her as. If so, then Mona might pull ahead just because she's kind of the deuteragonist of the series.

For a hypothetical second Fighter Pass, I don't know if she would be hype enough to charge people for. Probably yes, given the abundance of physical and digital merch for her. Smash 6 would be kind of a given, I'd think.

First of all, I love WarioWare. DIY was my jam. Wario games in general (including Land and my bae Master of Disguise) are super quirky and fun and creative and sell like ****. I love 'em. While I would like Mona better, Ashley would be great. Plus, I remember how crushed her fans were with her disconfirmation (which I saw coming, and honestly in hindsight feels like a blessing in disguise) so throw them a bone, please.

Black Knight

Beyond the Three Houses shaped elephant in the room, it's tough. I think Corrin's reception genuinely spooked Nintendo out of promotional characters, but it might have also spooked them out of pushing FE so heavily (Masahiro 'who cares' Sakurai is not affected by this, as shown by Chrom). Plus with FE it was, is, and always will be Lyn or nothing.

This doesn't look likely to change, as Fire Emblem looms more towards Pokemon style representation. Black Knight also doesn't have that much of a fandom compared to other hopeful ATs, though he's no slouch.

Want: 90%
Whoa, not a 100%? Yeah, I know, weird if you know me (and it's not the last one), but it's only by relativity. I love the Black Knight sooo much. Such a great character and such a great villain. I love villains in Smash and they're still sorely needed, and he's like the only Fire Emblem character that would do it (unless it's like a boss, which I'm also not against). Still, I think Fire Emblem representation is currently a problem (I say cut Corrin, Robin and Lucina, declone Chrom). And if I had a say...

It's Lyn or nothing.

Bomberman

That moment hurt, you know which one I mean. I'm a much bigger Castlevania fan than I am a Bomberman fan, but it really hurt. I still think the Ballot was kind of a sham, and Simon and Richter over Bomberman is a big part of it. Considering how iconic Bomberman is (kids will still recognize the Bomberman formula today, if only from flash games) it's weird that he didn't get in. Especially given how he was on Switch day one. Then again, that might be what got him the AT over a lousy Spirit.

Looking forward, who knows? Historically, Bomberman was always mistreated (I still want more 3D adventure games dammit). Bomberman R, though, looks like a new beginning, so maybe someday. Bomberman would sell, that's for sure, but with Konami having three characters, will they get another?

Bomberman vs. Wario, it needs to be settled. Bomberman just fits the Smash aesthetic, he looks right at home next to Mario and Sonic and Pac-Man. His moveset could be so simple yet so complex at the same time, there's so much you can do with bombs only and it would also really stand out. Gimme bomb punch, Sakurai.

Isaac

The biggun. The one that cut the deepest. It's on tape, the reaction to his AT will go down in history. Ah, if only Smash Ultimate had a couple more years in the oven, then maybe, but alas, t'was not to be...

Ahem. Isaac is not too likely as DLC, for dead franchise related reasons. Still, if they go for a second Fighter Pass, and they wanna upgrade ATs, or especially if there's a new ballot, then he's in. For sure. And if not, then he's gotta make Smash 6... Right?

Anyone who's played Golden Sun and The Lost Age will tell you they are masterpieces. That's the kind of game that breeds a fanbase that lasts nearly 20 years. Getting him back as an AT was a victory, but it's clear people want more.

And if you're not a fan, just imagine the moveset! An earthbender, plus those crazy hand moves, add some summons if you want. He doesn't need a counter, dammit. Probably one of the characters with the most potential.

Krystal

Was she in Starlink? I don't think she was, and that's concerning. It would appear that Nintendo or Miyamoto or whoever it is, is trying to delete her and go back to 64 canon (for the 4th time, I guess). Given Nintendo's history with Rare characters, it's especially concerning (I guess K. Rool got a happy ending, but look at Dixie). Well, she got an AT and that's more than what K. Rool ever got pre-revival, so I guess we're in a safe zone for now.

As for the future, it depends. Star Fox will always come back (they won't let it die, thankfully!), but what if Krystal doesn't? She has a very vocal fandom, so I don't expect it to stick, but given Star Fox's long absence cycles, just a single absence might be enough to keep her out the next Smash as well.

Can we get a Star Fox character that isn't a clone of Fox? Jeeze, I know they spend most of the games on spaceships, but you have Krystal right here, screaming 'hey, staff wielder, hello?'. Star Fox can handle four characters, it's not excessive, so let's go, please.

Lyn

I mean, if something good comes out of Fire Emblem Heroes, it might be that it keeps old FE characters relevant, and nobody benefits from that more than Lyn. Like with BK, though, the shadow of Corrin and Three Houses looms over Lyn. Oh, and I guess there's also the possibility of Celica, so I guess that helps me reach three sentences.

If there's an AT promotion spree, I'd expect Lyn to be at the forefront. But I wouldn't expect Sakurai to promote her in a Smash 6. I dunno why, but he just doesn't seem to be able to craft more movesets out of Fire Emblem characters. Sakurai, bro, just do a katana wielder. You bent backwards to do Incineroar because you wanted a wrestler? Here you have an archetype not represented yet, staring you in the face. It's not that hard!

Besides being super cool, and adding a badass female hero to the roster, Lyn also represents stepping into the western market. Awakening saved the franchise and got three characters, so surely Blazing Sword can get at least one? Lyn really has everything people clamor for in a new FE character: she's cool, she wouldn't be a Marth clone, she doesn't wield a standard sword. So yeah, I like Lyn.

Midna

Ugh, Zelda is terribly represented. I know Ultimate was going for everyone is here, but they could've claimed Toon Link and Young Link were meant to be the same character and spared us one (I know they couldn't but argh). I don't hate Young Link but he's definitely a symptom for something really stupid. Zelda has so many awesome and memorable characters! Why only have the three guys?

And Midna is one of those awesome characters. Unless we go back to the Twilight Realm, she will probably follow Zelda tradition and never come back outside of cameos and spin-offs, but this is really the type of character I think should represent the series over the many faces of Link.

Midna is a crazy fun imp and I love her. Personally I'd prefer if she didn't ride Wolf Link and was just like her AT, but I guess giving her a mount would be more faithful and make her more unique (plus satisfy all those people who miss TP Link). Anyway, small floaty fighter using her hair and command grabs like crazy. Yeah.

Shadow

I honestly still can't believe Shadow didn't get in. Someone really ****ed up. How can you come up with the Echo Fighter concept and not do Shadow? I honestly felt he was a safer bet than Ken and yet he didn't happen. That was stupid.

Unless we get Echoes in the Fighter Pass/es, he's not in. He could be a non-Echo, but I doubt that he would be, as people might be angry that he isn't (like what happened with Isabelle but with money in the middle), and also Sakurai likes to make characters with similar silhouettes play similar. So there's that. He's a shoe-in for Smash 6 if Echoes stick, especially after the Grinch.

Personally, my preferred pick for a second Sonic rep. I feel Tails might not be as unique (even if Shadow's an Echo) and Eggman is better boss material. Really, when I think of Sonic, the next character I think is Shadow, so it's only fitting.

Shovel Knight

Let's be honest, he never had a chance. Getting in as an AT is already a pretty big deal, and we don't know Sakurai's stance on Indies in Smash. (We can guess that Nintendo would give the go ahead after that Necrodancer thing that happened) I imagine it was still a cool moment for the indie community and especially for the devs.

As for a Smash 6 upgrade (I don't see him as Fighter Pass, don't ask why because I don't know) he has it better than most, I guess. He is kind of the king of Indies, and his role as AT shows Nintendo considers him that as well (it could have easily been Quote or Reimu, though maybe Undertale could have done it if it had gotten on Switch earlier). If that title still holds (or if it gets a ****ing sequel) then he might get another look come Smash 6.

I told you there would be another not-100, but this really comes down to doubt. Shovel Knight is iconic, so I like that. He's also from the kind of game I like, but I'm trying to be objective here. It really comes down to the fact that he's indie. Did he reach enough people to become iconic? Will Shovel Knight be a franchise? Is it already, with all the other titles being like sequels? Did it make a dent in gaming history? Personally, my gut tells me there should be only one indie rep. Is Shovel Knight the right guy? Should it be Quote or Reimu because of seniority? Wasn't Undertale a bigger hit? Should there even be a single Indie rep, or should I treat them just like any other game?

Btw, I really wanna play Shovel Knight. I might get it if I'm bored.

Skull Kid

After the existential diatribe earlier, I'm kind of at a loss for words. I guess since I don't want to echo my thoughts on Midna, I want to say that Skull Kid's support grew larger. A bandwagon given Midna's early disconfirmation compared to SK's? Perhaps. His AT didn't seem to drive the kind of sadness that Isaac's and Shadow's did, though coincidentally those two are Grinch alum, so there might be something else at play.

As for the future, Majora's Mask already got remade, so unless that remake gets ported or Breath of the Wild's sequel goes back to Termina, it's up to the fanbase to keep him alive. As it looks right now, the fanbase has to keep itself alive before focusing on their goals.

I don't know how the **** he'd play but there's definitely something there. We represent Zelda's side characters, and it's weird/dark side, and another antagonist. SK is also hella iconic, so it's weird he didn't get in.

Spring Man

AKA proof that DLC is gonna suck. Why the actual triple flippity **** is Spring Man not DLC? One of the most flabbergasting decisions in Smash Ultimate was to make him an AT, when nobody would have been surprised if he wasn't even in.

Still, he's a shoe-in for Smash 6, unless ARMS stays where it is now forever, but it looks really unlikely (it will probably get a sequel on the Switch itself after Mario Kart 9). If an AT promotion pass happens, expect Spring Man to be in it.

The moveset writes itself. I want him, and I want Ribbon Girl, and I want a stage and ATs and that glorious theme song so I can hum it with all of my friends (or chant it on the bus). Make ARMS the franchise it deserves to be.

Takamaru

Crazy how we were all so confident with him. Everything lined up. With his worldwide release, the only problem stated that kept him from inclusion seemed to be gone. Smash always has a retro rep. Sakurai seemed to really like Takamaru. But it didn't pan out. Still, if Ultimate had gotten a decent amount of newcomers I would think he'd be our retro rep.

As for the future, the good thing about the retro rep is that they don't have to be relevant. If Smash 6 gets a retro rep, it could very well be Takamaru. Still, the Grinch made Mach Rider into a household name, so competition might be fiercer. Who knows? Maybe Platinum does make that Murasame Castle game and I'm happy forever. He's a no-go for DLC though.

His song is jamming. His personality is brimming. His moveset would be awesome. He's a freaking samurai who fights aliens. We all deserve Takamaru playable. And that Platinum revival (please!)

Waluigi

And the big finisher, couldn't be anyone else. I really don't know why he isn't in yet. We got a plant playable over him, he really is the memetic loser. The internet, the fans, they all have embraced him, though, and I think it's no stretch to claim he's the new Ridley.

If we get a second Fighter Pass, he's in. If we get ATs promoted, he's in. If we get a second ballot, he's in. And if not, he's in Smash 6. And if not? People will lose their ****.

Let's give this breakdancing, flower-smelling romantic his chance. Have him throw bombs, kick people, use his tennis racket, whatever. He should have leveled up a while ago, both in Smash and in the Mario games. Sure, he's a meme, but it's a meme borne out of genuine disbelief. So many characters have gotten over him and people are just scratching their heads.

Well no more. The Wahvolution has begun.

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Do I get the extra noms now or after end of day? And the same question about other people.

For the record, I'm gonna be strict with my sentence counting, so beware.

Noms: Crono x15
Kyle Hyde x15
Reporter & Wrestler x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy becomes a character-

Chance- 50%
I feel like this time around regarding Assist Trophies, they don't deconfirm for DLC. So I think it depends on who the Assist Trophy is, if it is someone like Waluigi then they will have a decent shot at DLC. While someone like Takamaru is rather unlikely.

Want-

Bomberman- 30%
I am not particularly fond of him but I do think he'll make an interesting moveset. It'll be interesting to see if Bomberman gets his other Bomberman friends as a colour palette swap.

Shadow- 90%
He was a missed opportunity regarding to being Sonic's echo fighter. It kind of confuses me why Sakurai/Sega/Nintendo didn't put him as an Echo Fighter at the very least. Out of all Sonic character he is my most wanted overall as well.

Lyn and Black Knight- 95%
Even though there a lot of Fire Emblem characters in Smash already. I really want to see more reps from FE since so far I really had fun playing with the FE cast on Smash. I feel like Lyn and Black Knight would add more fun gameplay for me at least.

Ashley- 95%
She would make an unique addition to the roster. Her design is really adorable and if she was a fighter in Smash she would definitely be very fun to play as.

Waluigi- 100%
At this point I am rather confused Waluigi isn't playable yet. Despite being in spin offs mostly he'll have an awesome yet humorous moveset. I feel like I would have the most fun with Waluigi out of the Mario cast if he was playable.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
>April 5: Yuri Lowell (Tales)

Yeet.

Anyways, my chance ratings are based on the assumption that ATs are not Hard Deconfirms (plus it may as well be their chances for Smash 6).

AT Rating 1: WHERE'S THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD?

Chance: If we were to assume that ATs did not, in fact, deconfirm a character, I'd say the Ultimate Life Form would have somewhere between 40-50% chance of getting in. He's practically a shoe-in for an echo fighter of :ultsonic:, with his only competition for that role being Metal Sonic. And when you think about it, the Sonic series IS the series most deserving of a second representative, given how Sonic has had the most appearances of any third party in Super Smash Bros.

Want: 80%
Shadow was a big want for me. Another rep from my favourite series? Yes please! Even if he's just a Sonic echo, Chrom and Ken have proven that moves could be made different enough that it would be acceptable to make him an Echo. In fact, he practically WAS an Echo of Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2 (though without the Bounce Bracelet or Magic Hands).

AT Rating 2: Butt Butt

Chance: I personally wasn't a huge fan of the game (Not calling it bad, it's just not for me), but even I can't deny that the blue burrower is, well, huge. Shovel Knight has had a tendency to appear just about anywhere he god damn wants. Gunvolt 2 (as an Amiibo bonus), Yooka-Laylee, Blaster Master Zero, Road Redemption, Rivals of Aether and the list goes on. He is an Indie, but he probably has the most widespread popularity of the Indies- unlike certain other Indies (read: Shantae and Reimu), his popularity isn't restricted to one particular part of the world. I'd give him a solid 50%. No higher than that though. Indies don't have that huge chances anyway.

Want: 60%
He's no Reimu, but I can definitely see Shovel Knight as a good choice for an Indie Rep. He'd probably be my second or third choice alongside Shantae (Reimu is and always will be my first choice for an Indie Rep). He's got an iconic moveset already which can be fleshed out with his relics and, if they REALLY need to give Shovel Knight a gimmick, they can just take a page out of Rivals of Aether, and let Shovel Knight gather treasure and spend it to alter his stats.

AT Rating 3: Yet Another Sword Lord
Chance: I'm not seeing this one. Lyn, while popular enough to get into Fire Emblem Warriors and one of the more popular (but also divisive) Fire Emblem characters, has a few things that very much work against her. First off, she is, as the title of this rating suggests, Yet Another Generic Sword Lord. Yeah, Lyn uses a bow too, but then she'd just be treading on Link's toes. And as many people of complained, we've got enough FE Swordfighters in Smash as is (Only Robin and Corrin do something different). Even for a GBA FE Rep, we'd be more likely to have any of the other lords from Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, as they have unique ways of differentiating themselves (Eliwood and Eirika are mounted, Hector wields an Axe [GO GO HECTORCOPTER] and Ephraim wields a Lance). 20%.

Want: 10%
I'm not going to lie. I've never particularly liked Lyn. Mostly because she somehow gets a pass on the stigma that plagues the likes of every FE Rep not named Robin or Corrin, even though she falls right into it, and the only way she could escape it would be to tread on Link's toes. Even then,, I'd much rather have ANY of the other four lords from the GBA Fire Emblem games for being a tad more unique. Eliwood and Eirika represent mounted units like Cavaliers. Ephraim wields a Lance, and Hector wields an axe.

Noms: Saber (Fate) x5

I don't even think SEIBA is gonna make it in, but it can't hurt to rate.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Midna & Skull Kid

Chance: 0%. Other Zelda characters in MY smash? Pfft.
Want; 0% As if. Nobody actually supports these two nobodies right? RIGHT?

this post was brought to you by the sheik gang

Lyn & Black Knight

Chance: 1% per default, as I suspect Sakurai (and Nintendo) agree to the fan rule that ATs can't be promoted until the next game.
Want: 25%. Ehh... I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and love these two in particular, but I've had my fix of FE representation in Smash already. Not to mention that I find underwhelming how so many people want Burger King to be a mere echo when that would be an objective disgrace to his character.

Shadow & Spring Man

Want: 60%. I really like the two of them and thought they were shoe-ins (one for DLC and the other as an echo). Better luck next time I suppose

Isaac

Want: 100%. Not giving up on my boy, which also has every good argument to join the roster. Popularity? Check. Relevancy? He has never stopped being relevant in smash-related discussions, which is a feat considering how dead his franchise is. Moveset potential? Obviously. Was his franchise successful? It has yet to be outsold by Xenoblade and it used to sell more than Pikmin, Fire Emblem, F-Zero and Luigi's Mansion back in the day.

EDIT: just noticed the Reggie I got and I love how it makes this post sound even more cheeky than it already is

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Upgrade assists
Chance: 30%
I mean, as long as Nintendo's in charge and we'll be seeing more fighter passes I guess there's a shot. I guess if Nintendo really wanted Waluigi, Sakurai would probably have no choice but to add him. However, the purple man is also the only AT I can see Nintendo going for, no other deconfirmation caused as big of an uproar as his. Even without that he'd still be the likeliest, being a Mario character and all. Still, I fear that when it comes to the DLC, Sakurai might actually have more power than he said he had.

Want:
Only giving my percentages because my body'ss not ready to state my opinion on all of them.
Bombman: 20%

OWO: 20%
Sunny: 60%
Fe girl: 0%
Only one with a chance: 70%

Spade sentry: 70%
Jack: 25%
Mask Goomba: 50%
Ow the edge: 0%
Not the next Splatoon: 0%
Hairy Imp: 10%
Only cool FE character: 1%
Spoon: 1%

Metal Sonic x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
An interesting idea, I'll participate for I think the first time since the base roster reveal

Chance 4%

First and foremost, we need wave 2, it's not happening straight away. I'm even convinced we're getting wave 2. But I do think it's very possible. It's definitely a waiting game to find out.

Want. 100%
Skull Kid is my most wanted, of course I want this to happen. At least he's the most prominent character in the game who's not playable or boss. And I like Nintendo characters. And a lot of the good choices are assist trophies.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Assist trophy becomes fighter

Chance: depends on scenario. Little Mac, Dark Samus and Isabelle were once assist trophies, before becoming playable, so someone could have a chance of the ones in the assists. The question is who?, and there is a ton of competition. (chance is 0 to 50%)

Want: depends. Lets face it, some will never be playable (Moon, Thwomp, Nintendog (who would even dare fight it?), Flyswatter and the Pong Assist). On the other hand, Shadow, Knuckles and Midna are 100% want. All I need is to promote Pokémon, so Lugia would have a chance. The other assists that would be fun to play would include Bomberman and Shovel Knight.

Noms: 5 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I gave the list of what to rate, even put post number in Title, not just ATs in general getting promoted \_(ツ)_/

As for extra noms, if ya do all the characters right then and there.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Shadow:
chance:25%
Shadow is easily the most likely promotion . Yep, more likely then Waluigi. Shadow is the perfect echo, and is the second most popular sonic character only behind the Blue Blur himself. He is a fan favorite, which is even better. and you could just replace his assist with Silver, and have it do the same function.
Want:1000%
He is my most wanted character. With his amazing songs, potential to be one of the most interesting fighters yet, and his status as my favorite video game character, easily a 1000%. Plus I will finally be able to play Never Turn Back and get on non-green sonic stage.
Nominations: Black Mage x5

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Assistmania:

Bomberman:
Chance: 0%-Ah, the very first victim of the AT purge. I remember well running into the E3 leak at 4chan the night it happened. I dismissed it. But as soon as I saw Daisy, I knew what was coming next. He would've been a perfect candidate, as both a base game characters and as a DLC, but the position he's in just ruins everything. Not seeing him for Season 2 either, considering what ATs have gotten the most demand.
Want: 90%-I supported Bomberman for a long time, in fact, he was my very vote for the Ballot (though I still supported other characters). His appearance as an Assist Trophy broke my heart over all the others. I mentioned this before, but I wouldn't mind paying for a pack with some assists (Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Zero, Alucard and Shadow would make an amazing bundle). He deserves to fight in the same arena as Mario, Sonic, and all the other guests.

Waluigi:
Chance: 0%-Biggest shaft ever. Sakurai said it wouldn't matter how hard fans would try, since in the end, he won't include him. And I sure as hell don't see support helping after everything that's happened. Not even if people go cosplaying as Waluigi in front of Sakurai during a convention.
Want: 0%-If there's any popular character I dare say: "I don't care", it's this guy. Memes were never funny to me. What about the moveset potential then? Don't care either. All I see, is an ugly tall guy with a tennis racket.

Shovel Knight:
Chance: 0%-Shovel Knight was very fortunate to have been probably, the best performing of all indie characters in Smash, barring none. So honestly, if he couldn't make it now, I don't see him happening later. Plus, still not buying into ATs being turned into full characters, not even for a possible Season 2.
Want: 80%-His game was probably one of the best 3DS titles I've played, and I was among the people who got the Treasure Trove expansions for free (and with that said, I look forward to King of Cards). I supported him on Ballot times. I'd love to see Shovel Knight with a full moveset and the amazing game music he could bring.

Takamaru:
Chance: 0%-Shafted twice already. He was probably among the most popular assist-to-character requests a year ago, but now? I doubt it. A lot. Don't see him happening before Isaac, Ashley or Waluigi.
Want: 50%-Come to think that everyone he'd be in, just so he'd be sweeped under a rug without, as they say in my homeland, any glory or shame. I mean, he could be a fun character, but I never main these guys on the long run. At least his theme is cool.

Skull Kid:
Chance: 0%-I have bad feeling that just no one-shot Zelda character stands a chance. Skull Kid, Midna and Ghirahim all shared that, and they were all turned into assists. And for that very same reason, I don't see any BotW characters happening as well. The only thing that Skull Kid had was demand since Brawl days, and that couldn't get him in.
Want: 70%-I love Majora's Mask. It's edgy, but amazing. loz18's fiasco had no influence on me wanting this character, like some people would claim about support regarding him. I genuinely wanted him in. And if you need any reference to see how'd he play, look at Hyrule Warriors.

Shadow:
Chance: 0%-Already an Assist Trophy, but he has the second worst end. Couldn't be a full character in Brawl, Smash 4 or Ultimate. The only reason why he doesn't have the worst one is because Sakurai himself didn't say he'd not get in despite all the support behind. But still, that takes away all the hope.
Want: 60%-Ow the irony (bad joke)! Come to think that everyone thought he'd fit due to the inclusion of echo fighters, yet even that couldn't be good enough to include him. I'd still love to see him, but there's just a lot more interesting fighters in the run now. Heck, I listed other third-party assists that'd be more fun to play as (Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Zero and Alucard), since they'd be a lot more unique than Shadow.

Spring Man:
Chance: 0%-The big man said it himself: he couldn't join the roster because of timing. That doomed a lot of characters in the past, and with the still possible scenario for all characters to be third-party, things aren't looking bright for Spring Man, or ARMs stuff in general. Granted, ARMs was the best-selling fighting game in Japan, so the franchise at least isn't doomed.
Want: 0%-Well, I said it before, but I find Spring Man to be boring. Design's lame, name's lame, and moveset's just as lame. I looked at ARMs gameplay, and I so do not feel convinced with what he can offer. All I see is a boring Dhalsim-wannabe without stretchable legs, teleports and fire, and that's it.

Black Knight:
Chance: 0%-I still stand by my position where every DLC will be third-party. Not to mention, I looked at the past Choose Your Legends polls from Fire Emblem Heroes, and this guy doesn't make it to the top 10 in either. Character was lucky to be an assist here.
Want: 0%-Another Fire Emblem character, as if there weren't already enough of them. But the worst part isn't that, but the fact that most requests are about an Echo fighter. Goodness' sake, that's quite lame for a villain. Even for the franchise, I'd rather get something more unique than that.

Lyn:
Chance: 0%-Another Shadow/Waluigi situation, couldn't make it back in Smash 4 and here in Ultimate, won't make it later. At least she's popular where Black Knight isn't. Though, now that I bring him up, the fact that she doesn't even have a dedicated Mii costume tells me Sakurai and/or Nintendo don't care about her or her fans much.
Want: 0%-Another lord, or well, in this case, I'd say lady. I don't care about seniority for this franchise either. Not to mention, I tried the (albeit unfinished) Project M version, and I so do not find myself interested in something like that, or anything more unique for the matter being.

Ashley:
Chance: 0%-She's a popular Wario character, I'll give her that. However, that alone didn't help her make it into Smash twice. That case has been seen before and I don't expect it to get any better. Granted, I can see her happening if by some miracle, a character that has been an assist for more than once actually becomes playable next time around.
Want: 0%-I don't find her interesting. Yes, a little witch that contrasts over the "witch" that is Bayonetta or a mage like Robin could offer something interesting. But aside from aesthetic contrast, I do not have any desire to see her in Smash.

Isaac:
Chance: 0%-You know, using leaks as an authority isn't something I like much, but in this case, I have the need to bring it up: this comment by PolarPanda pretty much states that Mii costumes and assists are here to compensate for a character's absence as playable. Added to that, we should remember that's pretty much what happened in the last game with costumes like K. Rool and Lloyd. The fact that Isaac got one is pretty much a death sentence here.
Want: 0%-Boy oh boy, there are a few characters I've grown bitter as of this speculation cycle in Ultimate. Out of those, Isaac is the one I'm the grumpiest about. Plus, earth magic? I've seen some Golden Sun gameplay and I sure as hell don't see anything that really looks more unique than all of the other potential "sword n' sorcery" characters out there. I tried the game too, and it's didn't click on me as well.

Midna:
Chance: 0%-One-shot Zelda character like Skull Kid. Demand won't certainly help her since she's in the same position as Ashley and Takamaru as well. Also, maybe I'm making an erroneous judgement here, but it seems like interest in her as a character has been dropping when compared to Skull Kid or other assists.
Want: 0%-I'll be honest, I never liked Midna. She's an imp, yes, but, she's not visually appealing or has that much potential to be a unique fighter, and frankly, the combo with Wolf Link doesn't click with me at all. Out of the three Zelda characters I mentioned with Skull Kid, she's the lamest.

Krystal:
Chance: 0%-Sakurai wanted to include her in Brawl, but he clearly hasn't gone back to that statement. She wasn't that popular when compared to titans like Ridley too. Also, I don't know how much Star Fox Zero would influence on this, but with the idea that she's been retconned from continuity thanks to that game, it's possible we may not see her ever again.
Want: 0%-My impression was always that people only seemed to care about her because of a potential moveset uniqueness over the other Star Fox characters. That said, I find her to be ugly, and I can live without seeing a character with freezing stab in the game. Oh, and I think Star Fox is fine with three characters, no need to add more.

Nominations: Morrigan x5(if nominations aren't given yet)/x30 (if they are)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Assist Trophies Get Promoted:

Overall Chance: 1% - While I think Sakurai and his team may consider making an Assist Trophy character be playable as well, I find it highly unlikely as I believe Sakurai has said before that an Assist Trophy cannot (or won't? I dunno) become a fighter in the same game. This, however, was back during Brawl days I think (or maybe it was Smash 4 in regards to Little Mac, correct me if I'm wrong), so he could've changed his mind, but there's nothing saying he has. Either way, I don't find it happening within the first Fighters' Pass; if we get a second one, however, it might be possible.

Want: 100% - There are some characters I'd like, and maybe one I really want, so...yes.

Skull Kid:

Chance: 15% - He's from one of the most popular Zelda games, Majora's Mask, and while he didn't show up much, you could still feel the effect he and Majora had on the world. He's also the same Skull Kid that Link plays Saria's Song to in Ocarina of Time, and another Skull Kid that knows Saria's Song shows up in Twilight Princess suggesting that it's the same one or a descendant (though the TP stuff is just theories). He also got a playable appearance in Hyrule Warriors, though admittedly that probably doesn't matter much, and since Sakurai and his team just seem to focus on the Triforce holders...I'm afraid he might not get in, nor any other non-Triforce Zelda character. Here's hoping for a game where Skull Kid is the hero.

Want: 100% - I like Skull Kid, he has a cool design and could do different things in Smash; he could use his blowpipe to shoot rocks, the ocarina, masks, Majora's Mask + its powers, Tatl and Tael, puppets, whatever else. I don't really care just for the moveset, though, just suggesting some things he'd likely use (maybe not the ocarina); I just like his character, his personality, being a mysterious, kind and yet mischievous and sensitive (I guess with huge anger issues in MM though I think Majora messed with his bad side) forest kid. He seems cool to me, and I'd like his inclusion in Smash even if he didn't use Majora's Mask (though that would make the most sense to me); he's one of my favorite Zelda characters. I'm disappointed the Project M team never got to finish him.

Wahluweehee:

Chance: 50% - With the outcry from fans, I'd imagine Sakurai would really consider him as a playable character at some point, but this is just a guess. I'm certain he got the memo, though. :p They could use sports-themed moves to make him work, along with bob-ombs and moves based on his lanky physique, his goofiness, and maybe even his hateful personality.

Want: 90% - To be honest, I don't really care either way. I like Waluigi, however, so I'd still love his inclusion. Heck, I'd love any Mario character's inclusion, even a Goomba, Buzzy Beetle or a Piranha Plant...wait. I would like Toad to finally become playable as well, however, and Geno if he counts although I realize Waluigi (and really every other Mario character that hasn't only appeared in SMRPG / as a cameo in another game) is a much bigger name than him.

Who's the Girl Next Door Living in the Haunted Mansion:

Chance: 25% - To be honest I'm not sure about her; she does seem very popular so I could see her getting in as another Warioware character if another is considered, but I also think it'd make more sense to choose one of the characters that have been in the series since the original Warioware game first. If they're gonna go by fan-favorites, however, I guess it'd be between her or Mona...though, I'm not really sure who'd be the front-runners, as I'm not part of the Warioware community and have only played Gold.

Want: 100% - Like Waluigi, I don't really care either way, but I do like Ashley so it'd be cool. 9-Volt, Mona, or really any of the others would be cool as well; I don't really have much of a preference, as I generally like most of the characters anyway, though I guess I'd go with one of the three I've just mentioned. Whoever they wanna add or not.

Golden Boy:

Chance: 22% - Isaac is another big fan-favorite, it seems, however I'm not sure about him. His series may not get another game unless Nintendo gets Camelot back on the series, but I don't know how likely that would happen or not. Since he is a fan-favorite, however, and his assist trophy was brought back with some upgrades and a mii costume was added, I'm sure they'll take him into consideration for future playable characters.

Want: 100% - I like magical abilities, so I'd like Isaac's inclusion. Earth magic, magical creatures, plant stuffs, golden Master Hand, I'm sure he'd be a cool character to play as. I've only played the first Golden Sun, however, and really only the beginning, just up to where Isaac and Garet just left the village, so I can't really judge Isaac much personally, only from what I think of the abilities I know from reading stuff from fans on here. I may finish the game sometime, however, along with the second game which I also have (my focus tends to drift between different games); I would say I don't care either way but since I haven't even finished the game much less played past the starting areas, meh.

Shadow the Edgehog:

Chance: 81.7% - He's a fan-favorite Sonic character, so if anymore are added to Smash, I feel Sakurai and co. would take him into huge consideration. I feel Tails would be more-likely, though, as he's popular as well plus he's Sonic's sidekick. From what I know Shadow is the most-popular, however, so I guess they could go with him if they just focus on fans...

Want: 90% - I like the Sonic series and would love any Sonic character's inclusion even if, once again, I don't really care either way, and Shadow is one of my favorites. Tails is also one of my favorites, however, and I feel it'd make more sense to include him first, but I wouldn't complain if Shadow was added instead of Tails, I'd just hope they'd consider Tails for later at least.

Ultimate & Knuckles:

Chance: 82% - Another largely popular Sonic character, and one of the main trio. I feel he'd have a good shot, being among the top-contenders, but Shadow, Tails, or Eggman could possibly take the next Sonic character's space if Sakurai and acquaintances only decide to add one more.

Want: 90% - Knuckles, as with Tails and Shadow (and Eggman, and really any of the Sonic Heroes cast since it was my first Sonic game), is one of my favorites, but still I'd feel it'd make more sense to include Tails first. I'd still love Knuckles's inclusion, of course, and really I'd just feel the same way as I described in my Want rating for Shadow.

Blastman:

Chance: 25% - I don't know, depends on Sakurai and friends once again as well as whether or not Konami plays ball. Bomberman is another popular character, however, so if Sakurai wants him playable I'm sure he'll get in. While it seems he just places and throws bombs, I'm sure a moveset could be created for him featuring different types of bombs and different ways to activate them, among other moves (I just remember something about Sakurai having trouble thinking of a moveset for him, but I might just be confusing things; if that's true, however, I'm sure Sakurai could think of something if he puts some more thought into it, as he changed his mind with Pac-Man, Miis, and Villager before).

Want: 100% - I've really only played one Bomberman game, I think the classic one ported to the GBA or something, but just from his design and the fact that he uses bombs is enough to make me like him. For the last time, I don't care either way, but I'd still like his inclusion. He seems like a cool character.

Thwomp:

Chance: 100% - He's definitely next in line for the Mario characters in Smash, just think of all he could do! Drop down and smash characters, smash sideways, grow spikes and smash...he can do a variety of smashes based on smashing, just like the title "Super Smash Bros." implies!

Want: 100% - Thwomp is the best Mario character and anyone who says otherwise don't @ me, you'll never understand how glorious this stoneblock enemy dude is.

(on a serious note, I'd honestly like Thwomp as well though I don't know how they'd make him work, but Goomba would be my favorite if we're gonna go with more generic enemies; no I'm not actually rating Thwomp because I don't know what to say, maybe if he ever gets his own day I'll give it a go)

-I would share my thoughts on the rest but I'm getting lazy and I'm not entirely sure what to say. I would either like or be indifferent depending on who they are, however.

Nominations:

Creeper x5
Ninten x5

Happy April Fools' my dudes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bomberman, Krystal, Isaac, Lyn, Waluigi, Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Skull Kid, Shadow, Spring Man, Midna, Black Knight, Ashley. A bunch of the most popular assist trophies. An Orgaization XIII to rate. Rate them all please.
Let's do this ****. So inherently, I think assist trophies have little chance of getting into Ultimate. Smash 6? Maybe. Ultimate is a Hell no as of now. Unless they do a Season 2, I doubt Nintendo themselves chose an assist trophy to be upgraded. I don't see the financial gain from most of them so I'll just list whether I want them. If I think one of them is an exception, I'll note it.

Bomberman: He's my most wanted so he's obviously an exception. They could go with a Smash 4 thing where we got a Capcom rep for base roster and DLC. I mean, they not only got Snake back, but they got a **** ton of Castlevania content as well as the Bomberman assist trophy. I feel if they were going to upgrade, Bomberman is one of the few they would out of his place as a video game icon and because Konami is willing to play ball.

Krystal: Yeah, I don't want her. At least if she's going for the bikini look her assist trophy has. I see her potential, though. That staff makes her look like the most unique Star Fox character since Fox. Change her costume and we're golden.

Lyn: What I think should be the next FE lord if not Hector. Her teleporting sword style is unique and she can also wield a bow. I think she has potential and she's the most popular lord in FE Heroes if I remember correctly. It's free money and FE 7 representation.

Isaac: The fact that Isaac is back at all is a miracle in my opinion. His fans must have been heard if he got back. I say Isaac has a chance purely because of that. If there was more time and resources, I bet Isaac might have been base roster.

Waluigi: Definitely possible. One of the last few recognizable faces for Mario games. His fanbase is rampant and Mario is beginning to run out of characters. If not Ultimate DLC, he's definitely going to be in Smash 6.

Shovel Knight: I want him but I think him being an assist trophy at all is the celebration. Doubt Nintendo chose an indie rep for DLC. If they did, Minecraft would be first. Maybe Shantae since she's not an assist.

Takamaru: I know so little about this character to care about him. Sorry Takamaru fans.

Shadow: Echo fighters are practically made for Shadow. I kind of want him for that edgy Sonic Adventure 2 nostalgia. If they release an echo fighter DLC pack, I expect Shadow.

Spring Man: Didn't care about Arms because I saw little replay value beyond the core gimmick. Splatoon was always the more popular new IP and I think Arms will die off after the Switch's life cycle.

Skull Kid: Quite possible the next Zelda character to choose. Damn shame he isn't in, but I'm expecting it to stay that way. All of the Zelda veterans feel like new characters to care about a newcomer for the series for now.

Midna: Eh... Problem with Zelda characters is that I can't bash moveset potential when Hyrule Warriors exist. I just don't care about Midna, I guess.

Black Knight: I doubt it. I think the Black Knight is cool in concept but how they implemented him as an assist trophy is perfect. Slow but deadly. He could be an echo but not anymore unique than Ike or Chrom.

Ashley: I'm fine with more Warioware in Smash if that character takes full advantage of the minigames.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy Promotions

Even that seems high to me. I think this is unlikely because they’d end up having to remove code from the game otherwise the AT could summon themselves and then it would be a confusing mess.

Some of these characters I feel deserve the roster spot

Bomberman: one of the few 3rd party reps I’d want. His art style and toony antics make him fit perfectly.

Krystal: probably the most worthy Star Fox character. (Still wish she was the protagonist of Dinosaur Planet, then she might already be in)

Isaac: feels overdue. And I’ve never played golden sun. Ridley and K. Rool got in!

Lyn: not a big fire emblem guy, and we have a lot of them already. Sorry.

Waluigi: wouldn’t hate it, wouldn’t love it. I don’t want to fight haha

Shovel Knight: eh, there are other more worthy 3rd party characters

Takamaru: love me some obscure Nintendo characters

Skull Kid: I would prefer if it was called Majora instead.

Shadow: meh, pass. Not interested in a sonic echo.

Springman: would prefer Min Min but Arms deserves a rep

Midna: love her character, wouldn’t mind if she didn’t make the cut

Black Knight: would be cool to have a tanky axe weilder. But not big on FE when other franchises deserve a 1st rep

Ashley: would be a fun addition, not as fun as Captain Syrup though

What? No love for Arcade Bunny??! That rabbit is epic, put him in! I demand the Bunny!!!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Nemuresu Nemuresu You have to rate all the characters if you want the extra 30 noms.

HYRULESHERO42 HYRULESHERO42 I also demand the bunny.
I gave an overall AT promotion chance rating but not individual chance ratings since I think AT's have about the same chance except for maybe Waluigi. It's the first post on this page since it's hard to tell with the Reggie icons. Is that good enough for the extra 30 noms?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I gave an overall AT promotion chance rating but not individual chance ratings since I think AT's have about the same chance except for maybe Waluigi. It's the first post on this page since it's hard to tell with the Reggie icons. Is that good enough for the extra 30 noms?
Hmm... Since TCT specifically states to rate them all, I think that no, you actually have to individually rate them.

Edit: I'll repost this, I think it makes things clearer.

I gave the list of what to rate, even put post number in Title, not just ATs in general getting promoted \_(ツ)_/

As for extra noms, if ya do all the characters right then and there.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh geez... this should be interesting, lol.

Bomberman Chance: 3%

I don't think Assist Trophies in general are likely to receive DLC, so that already lowers most of my chance scores for these characters greatly, including this one. Bomberman's fairly big, though, so if there was enough demand to bend the rules and give current Assist Trophies additional roles as fighters, I could see him being one of the slightly more likely characters to join their ranks.

Want: 45%

I have no history with Bomberman, but the franchise always did interest me. A fighter focused mainly on bombs and explosive attacks could be really fun to play.

Krystal Chance: 5%

She's had a following for a long time, and a decent support base as far as Smash is concerned. She's another one I could see possibly getting the promotion to fighter, if it ever came to be. I do think that her support base has kinda diminished lately, so it's a tough call, imo.

Want: 55%

She used to be one of my most wanted fighters, and I thought the Starfox cast on the roster was incomplete without her. Nowadays, I'd still welcome her into the battle, but she's fallen off of my list of most wanted fighters.

Isaac Chance: 5%

Golden Sun is a franchise that's dormant at best and dead at worst. His long, sort of cult following is the sole reason I could see him getting promoted. At least he wasn't forgotten entirely this time around, so Sakurai seems to be aware of his popularity to some extent. That helps him out a bit.,

I largely want him for the sake of his fans, since I have no connection to Golden Sun, His fanbase is big and loyal enough, however, that I feel he's kinda earned a shot at Smash by now. Plus, I'd be welcoming of any character who can wield magic in a creative and interesting way.

Lyn Chance: 1%

She's kinda popular, but I don't think she's quite popular enough to break the mold by now. I would think a character from a much more recent FE game would be more likely to join the cast before she would. All in all, I don't think Lyn has much going in her favor, Assist Trophy situation included.

Want: 30%

Not many FE characters grab my interest. My own continued unfamiliarity with the games doesn't help.

Waluigi Chance: 30%

By far the Assist Trophy character with the largest and most vocal support base, Waluigi's sheer number of loyal, vocal fans are the main reason I could see him getting the promotion to fighter. That is, once again, assuming that such a situation can/will happen to begin with. If it does, Waluigi's a pretty darn obvious choice to go with. No other fan picks for Smash that wound up as Assist Trophies have been so clamored for lately as much as him. A large number of people were disappointed and furious when he was revealed to be an Assist Trophy once again.

Waluigi's hilarious and I'm sure his quirkiness combined with a number of Mario spin-off items would make for a really fun aesthetically pleasing moveset. Give the guy his chance, at last!

Shovel Knight Chance: 0%

The fact that an Indie third party got in as even an Assist Trophy is a miracle, honestly. I don't think his popularity is enough to save him from this position. He's settled where is, imo.

I love Shovel Knight! I'd welcome this guy into the Smash family any day.

Takamaru Chance: 1%

He's got a following, no doubt. This one's tough for me because I'm not certain how large or vocal it is. I certainly don't think it's large enough to really bumps his odds up to be on par with Waluigi though.

Sure, why not? He's a samurai that would be cool to play as. Not one of my most wanted, but I'd accept his inclusion, no question.

Skull Kid Chance: 25%

He's got a pretty decently-sized following among Zelda fans, and a fairly vocal support base among the Smash crowd. He's also got the benefit of being one of LoZ's few recurring characters besides Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Next to Waluigi, I think he'd be the next in line to get promoted to a fighter. His fan support is far and wide enough that it probably hasn't gone unnoticed. He's the next obvious choice, if you ask me.

Only more recently did I take more interest in Skull Kid as a Smash newcomer, but man did I really take interest. I honestly think he'd be one of the best and more suitable newcomers for the Zelda franchise at this point. The only one I want more than him is Tetra, a favorite character of mine since childhood from a video game that's still my all time favorite. I'd be quite happy with either of them if we can't have both, though. I've had renewed interest in Majora's MAsk in recent years, and that includes my fascination with Skull Kid's character.

Shadow Chance: 5%

Sonic's got a lot of major characters. He's got competition from Tails, still, and also the likes of Knuckles, taking the possibility of promoted Assist Trophy DLC into account for him as well. I'm not sure how much the three stand out compared to one and other. At least he wouldn't have to worry about being from the same third party as...well, the main character of the series he's from. Ryu and Mega Man being in Smash 4 and Ultimate has made it clear that additional fighters from one third party already involved with Smash are eligible.

Pretty much indifferent to this guy. He'd be cool, but I'm not begging or even really simply asking for him.

Spring Man Chance: 3%

Still think this IP's way too new, but hey, he'd fit like a glove in Smash, and the game is pretty successful, so who knows? I don't think Spring Man's impossible just yet. Not likely, but not impossible.

ARMS always looked fun to me. I'd be happy with this result.

Midna Chance: 1%

Her fanbase is the one reason I'm not discounting her entirely. Otherwise, I think it's far too late for her. It's not a rule to keep one-shot Zelda characters out of Smash as fighters, but considering that she missed, along with Zant, missed the mark not once, but thrice, as well as that Ghirahim and the Champions have also all missed the mark at least once, I don't think her odds are good at all. Didn't think they were before she was revealed as an AT, and I think she's only worse off now. Sorry Midna, you're one of my favorite Zelda characters, but it's a little too late for you to join the battle.

I love Midna's whole character and story, and her gameplay in Hyrule Warriors is outstanding. If they could do her justice in Smash, then yeah, I'd be all for it!

Black Knight Chance: 3%

Once again, I think FE's more likely to get another fighter from one of it's more recent titles. However, I also think he's slightly better off than Lyn. The dude's got an ensemble darkhorse following at the least, from what I understand. He seems to be quite popular among the FE fanbase. So I do think he'd be a little more likely to receive the promotion to fighter than Lyn is.

This guy looks badass. I'm sure he'd be a badass Smash fighter, as well.

Ashley Chance: 10%

Her support for this entry was so massive and vocal that I could actually see her getting promoted. After Waluigi and Skull Kid, she'd be the next one in line. She's got quite the fanbase as far as both Wario and Smash are concerned, from the looks of it.

I never was an active supporter for her, but Ashley is one of my favorite WarioWare characters, and to top it off, she's got access to all kinds of magic and spells. I could never say no to this idea. Along with that, I'd be satisfied to know that her fans that were really clamoring for her inclusion in Ultimate would finally get their wish.

WHEW! I got all that done, amazingly enough.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hmm... Since TCT specifically states to rate them all, I think that no, you actually have to individually rate them.

Edit: I'll repost this, I think it makes things clearer.
In that case I'll just edit them into my original response.

D

Deleted member

Bunch of Xehanorts

Chance for AT to become playable: 5%

While not impossible, its not difficult to think that the characters that are AT are pretty much staying as AT until a new Smash. The characters in question while popular in the fanbase couldn't make it for one reason or another, and I think that AT in general are a way to represent characters that probably would have zero chance of appearing otherwise. Plus, I dont think that being an AT is a disseevice as a few characters in previous entries later become playable.

I like quite a few characters that are AT but, at the same time, I like a lot of characters that aren't AT or aren't represented in the game whatsoever. So while it would be nice to have a playable Chain Chomp, there are still a lot of characters that could be pretty cool.

Now for individual wants and chances (the chances vary a bit since I'm basing it on the potential to be replaced or being added in another form, a lot of these could very well be stretches be warned):

Bomberman

Chance: 5%
I don't see much chance for him to become a fighter in this cycle, unless they replaced him with another character that does the same as an AT. And I don't think that there is a character that could replace him in that regard, as pretty much any other colored Bomberman would be an alt. You could try an alternate character, but I feel that there isn't one strong enough to replace him.

I like Bomberman games, I started playing them when I got the N64 with the eponymus Bomberman 64, Bomberman Hero and Bomberman The Second Attack. There are quite a few things you van do with the character including a variety of bombs plus you could add Pommy for additional moves. He's a character that I would like to see overall.

Krystal

Just like Bomberman, I don't think there is any character that could potentially replace her kit as an AT. Closest one I could think of would be Twinrova, but she would also shoot fire and would need rework to be implemented. Star Fox as a franchise is in a weird state right now with having an underperforming entry and being guests on a third party game. Even with this, Krystal has been left behind quite a bit with SF sticking to the OG team which means she is not much of a focus for Nintendo right now.

Want: 40%
I liked Adventures even if the game has a lot of flaws, she is quite an interesting counterpart to Fox as she is more focused on nelee combat. And while I like their dynamic, I prefer other members of Star Fox and Star Wold. That said, there are a few characters that I like more than her and honestly I also dont care too much if she is playable or an AT.

Isaac

I feel that they could find a way to implement him without removing his AT, by simply making the adult version from Dark Dawn playable instead and leaving the young version as an AT. Still, doubt about his inclusion due to the factor that GS is not an active franchise ATM but still I feel he has the strongest possibilities given that you can find a somewhat easy workaround.

While during the speculation cycle we heard jokes about him being an anime swordsman, he has quite a few cool abilities with psyenergy that many people put to use in his moveset. And regarding moveset, its pretty much the only thing I like about him. GS was frankly a game that I pretty much forgot all these years sice I played a lot more JRPGs that I found more memorable, and honestly I find the cast and a lot of parts of the game pretty much forgettable. I dont mind his inclusion, but I also dont care if he isnt playable.

Lyn

Like Isaac, she has various alternate forms like her promotion that can use a bow in addition to her iaijutsu and differentiate from her regular form. Still, with Three Houses incoming, I would see quite more likely for Sakurai and his team to focus on a character from the new game instead. I dont see her having much chances outside a remake of The Binding Blade.

I dont mind any new FE unit, Sakurai could add 10 and I would be ok as long as they are fun to play. Lyn is the first lord I ever used as The Binding Blade is my intro to Fire Emblem, personality-wise I remember her as chivalrous just like every other lord in the series. Her moveset is interesting as she is pretty much represented by iaijutsu, or quick draw, which is a technique not seen in the game. Im honestly not that fond of her and frankly there are other lords and units I would like to see before her, honestly another situation where I dont mind but dont support.

Waluigi

Unless Sakurai adds something like a Mysterious Fighter W new character, totally not Waluigi, I cant see this happening. Plus it seems that Waluigi status right now with Nintendo seems to be only Wario's partner in spinoffs. While there are a few characters that appear in spinoffs, they would have other functions different to Waluigi so, like Krystal, his change would probably require pretty much reworking the AT functions which I don't see happening.

I dont mind more Mario characters, but at the same time I dont particularly care enough about any to get in. I like Waluigi's self-pity and his over the top personality is pretty damn funny. But he is the case of a character that is pretty much only personality and while you could make a moveset based on this or his sports appearances, I would prefer if he appears in a mainline game (Mario or Wario related) before considering his inclusion. I would like for him to have something unique to go with his personality.

Shovel Knight

SK as an AT is a pretty big deal already, is the first major representation of an indie in Smash. I doubt there's a character they could replace him with, aside from his rival which would be added as an alt most likely and leaving us when we started. Overall, I doubt they will make the effort to upgrade him.

Shovel Knight is one of the best action platformers I played in a while. His game is loosely inspired by the structure in Megaman games, but even then plays totally different from Megaman by having a very creative use of the shovel. He doesnt have any issue moveset-wise and he is the first Indie represented in the game in a major form, if we ever get him playable that would be awesome.

Takamaru

Unless Sakurai wants a retro rep for the pass, Takamaru fate is pretty much sealed. Plus, if you're going for retro reps, there are quite a few options in addition to him from franchises a bit more well known like Excitebiker.

Want: Abstain
He seems cool and from what I've seen of Murasame Castle, he has a nice kit. Only related thing I've played related to him was the Murasame Castle mode in Samurai Warriors 3, and he was pretty much based on a generic swordsman so I dont have a good feel about him. I pretty much abstain due to this.

Skull Kid

Same tale as before, unless there's a character that could replace him as an AT, I seriously doubt Sakurai and his team would take the effort of making him playable. And even so, Zelda is in a weird place representation-wise considering that you have the main characters of the series already and the only one-off character is is Sheik which is pretty much a legacy character. There could be a new Zelda rep, but realistically Skull Kid would have to compete with several characters that don't have the AT issue.

I love the Zelda series, MM is one of my favorites. That said, while moveset-wise he has a lot of potential from the different forms of the mask to the use of the fairies in HW, I just like characters like Midna or Linkle more. I would love to see more Zelda reps and if SK is the rep, I would be happy.

Shadow

Shadow was heavily rumored in the speculation cycle given the introductions of Echoes (which is funny given how Lucina and Dark Pit were hated originally for being clones), but still I don't think he will be added. He could be replaced by Silver as an AT I think, but for the Fighter pass I don't like to believe we will be getting characters that are semi-clones or echoes as that would be a bit of a letdown. But outside of the Fighter's Pass? there could be a chance.

Sonic edgy version. He was introduced in the first sonic I played (SA2) and sadly, shortly afterwards the series hit slumps like his titular game. Still, he is one of the most popular characters in the series and one of the most steady characters appearance-wise since his introduction. Overall, I dont hate him but also dont like him too much and frankly I would prefer Tails or Eggman since they feel a bit more representative of the series. Plus I feel he would work a bit better as a semi-clone rather than an echo.

Spring Man

He could very well be replaced by Springtron as an AT very easily, considering Sprigtron is based on him and shares a lot of his abilities. Still there's the issue that there are quite other ARMS characters that could be added as well, that are a bit more popular and have different abilities that could give them an edge in make them stand out more than Springman. Plus it seems a bit weird that he was passed on before if he was meant to be possibly upgraded as a DLC character and not adding another ARMS rep instead.

Want: 65%
I enjoyed ARMS, its a really fun game and I would like a rep from it. There are quite a variety of ARMS available in the game to use with different effects that could be great to see in use for specials and attacks, you could add propeller arms for recovery, hammer arms for forward smash, etc. While I like Max Brass or Min-Min a lot better, especially sonce they also have some other neat abilities, I feel that Springman is still quite fun and he is a good counterpart to someone like Little Mac. (He could also bring a Springtron to the table as well)

Midna

You have her real form if you wanted a character that is somewhat easier to implement, as the imp form would require extra work of adding a wolf for Midna to mount. Her real form is not as popular or recognized as her imp form so I doubt it is a priority, and still just like Skull Kid, there are quite a few Zelda characters that don't have the AT issue.

Want: 75%
The mischievous imp is one of the best companions in the series, from the moment she frees you from prison to moments like her backstory as the princess of the twili and her goodbye you get really attached to her. She is mostly attached as a pair by being Link's rider when he is a wolf, she doesnt have any issues with moveset due to the addition of portals or in her non-imp form to a variety of attacks using the mirror of twili as in HW. She is one of the Zelda characters I like the most and the second I would like the most to see.

Black Knight

Somewhat the same issues as Lyn. Zelgius could replace Black Knight as an AT and BK takes a spot on the roster. Body-wise, I don't feel he fits much as Ike's echo but rather a semi-clone which would require more work plus, like Lyn, I feel that Sakurai would add a Three Houses character instead unless there is a remake of either or both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Ike's archenemy is a pretty imposing character back in Path of Radiance, he is so powerful and menacing that you cant hope to win against him for a good part of the game. He is pretty overpowered in the game, and his AT represents him quite well. You have teleportation skills, powerful attacks that pierce defenses, Alondite his sword. Im fine with him if he is not an echo, as I feel that he should feel quite more powerful than Ike.

Ashley

There is an alternate version of Ashley (from the means of an April Fools Joke if I recall) that is just her aged up that you could use as a fighter or have the alternate version replace her and her og form to become playable. Honestly don't see that happening considering that it was pretty much a joke, her teenager form real only appearance is in the greedy bunny arcade as a fake promo.

Want: 85%
I like her in WarioWare, she is one of the characters that I feel work better as a foil to Wario due to her cold demeanor. She has Red available as a tool for her moveset in addition to micro-games and other skills she possesses in her minigames. She is one of the archetypes that doesnt exist in smash yet, which is a witch. I love the WarioWare series so it would be great to see it get more love.

Nom: 15 to Farmer (SoS/HM) and the rest to Amateratsu.

Now with individual chances.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
This will probs be a double day due to how much I am asking of yall. Just sayin. Poor Vaati.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Assist Trophies becoming playable

The Collective Chance: 0 - I don't see it happening in this pass. Would actually be pretty surprised if it happened at all unless we go like 4-5 rounds of DLC. Assist Trophies took some time and resources to add to the game and it wouldnt make a ton of sense to waste all that time just to upgrade the character right away. If we get any upgrades it absolutely won't be happening in the first round.

Want:
Bomberman: 40 - Never played any of his games. Both is and isn't an issue for him, as his moveset would be fairly easy to create, but I'm not sure that it would be all that interesting? Like there's only so much you can do with bombs, and pretty much all the options for bombs have been spread across the rest of the roster. Probably a better fit for an AT

Krystal: 20 - Same deal as Bomberman here. We could easily get her as yet another semi clone of Fox, but do we really need that? As someone who was never all that interested in Starfox I can't say I am. Would be a bit more fine with her getting in if she's getting a completely unique moveset, but since all the Starfox characters are based off eachohter I can't say I'd expect anything else

Isaac: 50 - Now here's someone I really wanted to see in the game. I'm not going to lie and say I know a ton about about Golden Sun(starting to notice a trend here), but some of the game play I've seen makes me think I'd enjoy the games. It seems like he has a lot of good moveset potential, and seeing the reaction from Billybae10K Billybae10K would make me happy.

Lyn : 40 - Lyn is one of my favorite assist trophies, but I don't really see a good way to include her. The FE characters pretty much have everything covered in terms of swordfighter archtypes. Maybe a super fast one would work for her? I don't know. Personally I'd rather have a new class get in. A mage or a Manakete in the game before we add any more swordfighters. That being said, I wouldn't be super disappointed with Lyn even though I am leaning more towards not wanting her

Waluigi: 80- Hell yeah. Waluigi was probably in my top 5 most wanted for Smash this time around. Was bummed when he wasn't included. I think there's good moveset potential in there for him. I saw a lot of pitches for either him or Daisy to rep the Mario sports series of games, which is an idea I love. There's so much to take from those games, and Waluigi feels like the final major Mario character to be added other than Toad.

Shovel Knight: 30 - I mean, this would be cool for people who like his games I guess? I've never touched a game of his and I never really looked into anything involving Shovel Knight because I never thought he had a chance to make it into Smash. There still aren't many indie characters I want to make the roster and SK isn't one of them, but I guess I wouldn't hate it. A moveset with a lot of burying attacks could be fun I guess

Takamaru: 10 - There's not much here for me to want him in the game, unfortunately. We already have a lot of swordfighters in the game and I don't know how he could feel or play different enough to make me excited for him. Takamaru's game is also pretty ancient at this point and the spot could go to someone else who would provide a bigger bang to the DLC roster.

Skull Kid: 60 - Now here's an interesting one. Feel like it might be a little late for Skull Kid to get in the game, and if he was ever going to get in Melee or Brawl would have been his peak chance. That alone makes me feel like he might be a little underwhelming of a pick. However, I'm going to lean yes on him for a few reasons. The first being that his assist trophy annoys the **** out of me when it pops up and I'd prefer to not deal with it, but Skull Kid deserves a spot in Smash somewhere, so promoting him would fix that issue. I also think there's some really good moveset potential with him, and it would give Legend of Zelda a character that's not a version of Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf, so that's also a plus

Shadow: 40 - RIP Shadow. His best chance by far was the base roster as a Sonic echo, which would probably be the best fit for his inclusion in the game. For the base roster I would have given him an 80 percent want. For the fighter pass though, I don't really want him in it. Shadow would be a cool character to get an upgrade, but an echo or a glorified echo would be a major bummer. If there was a shot we could get him as a free echo or something my interest would go up a lot.

Spring Man: 80 - Was really hoping that Arms would get a rep in Ultimate. As one of the better selling new 1st party franchises it definitely like it's earned someone getting in. All the characters being deconfirmed in the final direct really slaughtered the chances we get one in though. The only thing that holds me back from being all in on Spring Man or Ribbon Girl getting in is a potential moveset. Arms is a lot of grabbing and punching and I'm not sure what else they could really do with them as fighters. Best I could come up with was incoperate some of the stuff from the side games in, but that's still not a ton. Also, their gimmick being taken by Simon and Richter of long ranged makes them feel a lot less unique, but overall I'd be very happy with Spring Man's inclusion

Midna: 30 - Kinda the same deal here as Skull Kid, even though I don't find Midna's AT annoying. Don't really know much about this character other than that she's a unique LoZ rep and that alone adds a little interest for me. Also wouldn't hate seeing her get in because she would for sure have a different moveset and that's something that helps as well. Still wouldn't be super hyped but I'd at least be interested

Black Knight 30 - Same issue as Lyn here, except there really wouldn't be a unique role for him since he'd pretty obviously be a heavy swordfighter, which is something Ike already covers. Also like I said on Lyn, I'd rather get an FE character of a different class in before adding any more sword fighters. Black Knight has a place in Smash, but I think it's as an AT

Ashley: 0 - Nope. Warioware doesn't need another playable character. Feel like the door is only open because they didn't want to brand Wario as yet another Mario character and to put a little more spotlight on a different series. Same deal and Yoshi's Island, and I'd be astonished if either ever got multiple reps. Some series shouldn't get more than one rep, and Warioware is one of them.

Noms: Cuphead x 35(or whatever the max number is)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Assist Trophies becoming playable

The Collective Chance: 0 - I don't see it happening in this pass. Would actually be pretty surprised if it happened at all unless we go like 4-5 rounds of DLC. Assist Trophies took some time and resources to add to the game and it wouldnt make a ton of sense to waste all that time just to upgrade the character right away. If we get any upgrades it absolutely won't be happening in the first round.

Want:
Bomberman: 40 - Never played any of his games. Both is and isn't an issue for him, as his moveset would be fairly easy to create, but I'm not sure that it would be all that interesting? Like there's only so much you can do with bombs, and pretty much all the options for bombs have been spread across the rest of the roster. Probably a better fit for an AT

Krystal: 20 - Same deal as Bomberman here. We could easily get her as yet another semi clone of Fox, but do we really need that? As someone who was never all that interested in Starfox I can't say I am. Would be a bit more fine with her getting in if she's getting a completely unique moveset, but since all the Starfox characters are based off eachohter I can't say I'd expect anything else

Isaac: 50 - Now here's someone I really wanted to see in the game. I'm not going to lie and say I know a ton about about Golden Sun(starting to notice a trend here), but some of the game play I've seen makes me think I'd enjoy the games. It seems like he has a lot of good moveset potential, and seeing the reaction from Billybae10K Billybae10K would make me happy.

Lyn : 40 - Lyn is one of my favorite assist trophies, but I don't really see a good way to include her. The FE characters pretty much have everything covered in terms of swordfighter archtypes. Maybe a super fast one would work for her? I don't know. Personally I'd rather have a new class get in. A mage or a Manakete in the game before we add any more swordfighters. That being said, I wouldn't be super disappointed with Lyn even though I am leaning more towards not wanting her

Waluigi: 80- Hell yeah. Waluigi was probably in my top 5 most wanted for Smash this time around. Was bummed when he wasn't included. I think there's good moveset potential in there for him. I saw a lot of pitches for either him or Daisy to rep the Mario sports series of games, which is an idea I love. There's so much to take from those games, and Waluigi feels like the final major Mario character to be added other than Toad.

Shovel Knight: 30 - I mean, this would be cool for people who like his games I guess? I've never touched a game of his and I never really looked into anything involving Shovel Knight because I never thought he had a chance to make it into Smash. There still aren't many indie characters I want to make the roster and SK isn't one of them, but I guess I wouldn't hate it. A moveset with a lot of burying attacks could be fun I guess

Takamaru: 10 - There's not much here for me to want him in the game, unfortunately. We already have a lot of swordfighters in the game and I don't know how he could feel or play different enough to make me excited for him. Takamaru's game is also pretty ancient at this point and the spot could go to someone else who would provide a bigger bang to the DLC roster.

Skull Kid: 60 - Now here's an interesting one. Feel like it might be a little late for Skull Kid to get in the game, and if he was ever going to get in Melee or Brawl would have been his peak chance. That alone makes me feel like he might be a little underwhelming of a pick. However, I'm going to lean yes on him for a few reasons. The first being that his assist trophy annoys the **** out of me when it pops up and I'd prefer to not deal with it, but Skull Kid deserves a spot in Smash somewhere, so promoting him would fix that issue. I also think there's some really good moveset potential with him, and it would give Legend of Zelda a character that's not a version of Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf, so that's also a plus

Shadow: 40 - RIP Shadow. His best chance by far was the base roster as a Sonic echo, which would probably be the best fit for his inclusion in the game. For the base roster I would have given him an 80 percent want. For the fighter pass though, I don't really want him in it. Shadow would be a cool character to get an upgrade, but an echo or a glorified echo would be a major bummer. If there was a shot we could get him as a free echo or something my interest would go up a lot.

Spring Man: 80 - Was really hoping that Arms would get a rep in Ultimate. As one of the better selling new 1st party franchises it definitely like it's earned someone getting in. All the characters being deconfirmed in the final direct really slaughtered the chances we get one in though. The only thing that holds me back from being all in on Spring Man or Ribbon Girl getting in is a potential moveset. Arms is a lot of grabbing and punching and I'm not sure what else they could really do with them as fighters. Best I could come up with was incoperate some of the stuff from the side games in, but that's still not a ton. Also, their gimmick being taken by Simon and Richter of long ranged makes them feel a lot less unique, but overall I'd be very happy with Spring Man's inclusion

Midna: 30 - Kinda the same deal here as Skull Kid, even though I don't find Midna's AT annoying. Don't really know much about this character other than that she's a unique LoZ rep and that alone adds a little interest for me. Also wouldn't hate seeing her get in because she would for sure have a different moveset and that's something that helps as well. Still wouldn't be super hyped but I'd at least be interested

Black Knight 30 - Same issue as Lyn here, except there really wouldn't be a unique role for him since he'd pretty obviously be a heavy swordfighter, which is something Ike already covers. Also like I said on Lyn, I'd rather get an FE character of a different class in before adding any more sword fighters. Black Knight has a place in Smash, but I think it's as an AT

Ashley: 0 - Nope. Warioware doesn't need another playable character. Feel like the door is only open because they didn't want to brand Wario as yet another Mario character and to put a little more spotlight on a different series. Same deal and Yoshi's Island, and I'd be astonished if either ever got multiple reps. Some series shouldn't get more than one rep, and Warioware is one of them.

Noms: Cuphead x 35(or whatever the max number is)
You might wanna provide an alternate for Cuphead. Just so those noms don't go to waste.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The Assist Trophy Extravaganza

Chance: 0%
It's been made clear time and again that being an assist trophy means you're out of the running. This can only change if a second season of DLC is made, but even that is unlikely.

Want:
Bomberman: 80%
An iconic character that is memorable and loved. I played Bomberman games as a kid and I enjoyed them quite a lot. His potential is immense and he fits so well for Smash. The variety of bombs and abilities he has gives him a unique aesthetic and appearance that no other Smash character can replicate. I definitely wish to see him playable one day.

Krystal: 40%
I'm not that interested in Krystal as a character, but I can definitely see she has the potential to be a good addition to the roster. The Starfox series has been declining for more than a decade and as a result my interest in the series died out. If a new and good Starfox game comes out then I might give the series another chance.

Isaac: 35%
I played Golden Sun as a kid but I didn't like it very much. I found the game boring, it didn't captivate me or capture my interest like other JRPGs did. Isaac as a character also doesn't interest me that much, he's a silent protagonist who doesn't have any notable lines in the game, so as a result I feel like his character is underdeveloped and weak.

Lyn: 60%
She was the first character I met when I played Fire Emblem on the GBA (my first Fire Emblem game), so she has a place in my heart. In terms of FE characters, she's my most wanted. I believe she can provide a unique move set that doesn't turn her into another Marth clone.

Waluigi: 100%
I'm actually surprised that Waluigi isn't playable yet. He's one of the last few major Mario characters that aren't playable. He's a lovable fan favorite despite not having his own game. His character and design is completely charming and memorable. I love him and I want him in Smash.

Shovel Knight: 50%
I played Shovel Knight and I enjoyed the game very much. I can see the character sporting a very unique and interesting move set. In terms of indie characters, he's not my most wanted. But I still like the Knight and I think he would be a cool addition to Smash.

Takamaru: 15%
I'll be honest. I never played Takamaru's game and I never knew him before Smash. So I don't care that much about Takamaru unfortunately.

Skull Kid: 75%
Majora's Mask is a great Zelda game and Skull Kid is a very interesting villain that I love. The mask itself is very iconic and memorable. I definitely want to see another Zelda character in Smash, and Skull Kid is one of the biggest runner-ups for that spot.

Shadow: 50%
Shadow is a character that is a mixed bag to me. I think he would be cool in Smash, but he's not my most wanted Sonic character. That title goes to Eggman and Tails. Regardless, I still do want to see him if we don't get those two.

Spring Man: 30%
Never played Arms, and I'm not that interested in it. However, Spring Man is an interesting looking character with a unique aesthetic and move set potential. I might appreciate the character more if a sequel to Arms comes out and I play it one day.

Midna: 75%
I love Twilight Princess and I enjoyed Midna's character. She and Skull Kid are both my most wanted Zelda characters that I want to become playable in Smash. I think she would be a great addition to the roster, especially if she comes with Wolf Link and they both fight together.

Black Knight: 20%
I never played Ike's game, so I don't know much about the character. He looks cool I suppose, but I don't care about Black Knight until I play his game one day.

Ashley: 90%
I've always wanted another Wario character to join Smash. And Ashley is a prominent character in the series with an interesting persona and magic abilities that mesh well with Smash. She and red can be duo fighters like how Rosalina and Luma are, so I think she would make a good addition to Smash as a fighter.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Snowglobes

Boy, some of these I really like and some not so much

Bomberman
It's very likely that Bomberman outdid Simon on the ballot. But if they passed over him in this case, he'd probably be passed over again in DLC. If he didn't beat Simon, then that's even worse for his chances. I think companies without reps may be more in line for DLC spots as well.

Want: 3%
Konami, I think, has its share. Bomberman probably has more merits than Snake but not as many as Simon, and even Simon was kinda an "eh" choice for me. He'd probably qualify as a "ballot character," though (unlike Simon); also he could be interesting. So he gets some semblance of a score.

Krystal
Star Fox is past its prime. Krystal missed the boat in Brawl in large part because Wolf was easier to make, and now that Wolf has gained popularity from being in Smash, she struggles to stand out. She'd need a major role in a new Star Fox game (as in, an actual plot-important role) to put her back into the limelight. She probably did well on the ballot, but was likely beat out by a number of others.

There was a time where I would've had stronger feelings for her, and even now I would probably be fine with her being in the game, but the number of Star Fox reps is fine where it's at for me. Star Fox isn't quite the big hitter that it was before, so four reps starts to feel like it's robbing other unrepped franchises. If they cut bait with Falco or Wolf, then she could make it, but both of those characters are just as popular as Krystal and are easier to make. She gets a few points for being a ballot choice, though.

Isaac
A GS revival would almost certainly get him into Smash at some point, though perhaps the revival would be too late for this game's DLC. It's harder to add a character like Isaac in DLC than in the base roster because every selection has to sell well as a standalone; GS being dormant and not as recognizeable to a general audience hurts him in this case. Finally, NoJ choosing characters hurts him a bit because he has greater popularity in the West and he isn't exactly a great marketing pick unless there's a new GS game coming.

Want: 99%
He gets as high a mark as any character, and in fact he is at the top of my list of requests for Smash. Really, Isaac would be a ridiculously good hype-inducer for me, being from an unrepped Nintendo IP and debuting in a game that was a literal gaming classic on the GBA. This boy comes equipped with some of the most unique and interesting abilities around, giving him almost unlimited moveset potential. Add in the fact that he comes from what is arguably the most notable unrepped Nintendo IP and you have the makings of a worthy challenger. It's hard to say enough about how well he fits in with the rest of the cast while simultaneously setting himself apart with a striking aesthetic and compelling abilities.

Lyn
Fire Emblem: Three Houses would probably be the game that gets a rep in DLC from this series, and given the delays and general timing of that release, I'm not so sure that FE was even seriously considered for a DLC slot. Lyn has definitely proven herself to be the bonafide fan pick from FE, with only Ike being able to hold a candle to her among the FE cast; however, this is likely not enough to overcome the age of her debut game, at least for DLC. She has a better shot in the next game when the FE roster probably won't be messed up by the "Everyone is Here" gimmick.

Want: 98%
She's easily the most popular FE character without playable representation, and she comes from a game that sold well, was reviewed well, and marked a big step forward for its series. FE7 helped expand FE to a worldwide audience and set a high standard for mechanics and storywriting; Lyn is the best representative for FE7 because of her high recognizability and significant presence in the beginning stages of the game. Her ridiculous popularity, high recognizability among FE fans (and modest recognizability even for more casual Nintendo fans given her AT status since Brawl), and noteworthiness within a big-time first party IP make her a strong candidate for Smash. I can also add that using a sword doesn't really hurt her when she uses it so much differently than the rest of the Smash cast and also has a bow to vary her moveset if necessary. She's also a stronger candidate for Hector because she's just as unique but has higher popularity, recognizability, and importance to her game than him.

Waluigi
Nintendo knows of his popularity, which is pretty high. He's a Mario character, which probably helps. In general, popular Mario characters have good chances. The question with Waluigi, however, is whether or not Nintendo thinks of him as an especially noteworthy or marketable character. This and his AT status since Brawl are evidence that he has a few hurdles to clear in order to make it.

I'm not heavily invested in him making it, but he's probably noteable enough to warrant a full unique slot. He loses some points for being from a series that already has a lot of reps and never has seemed to have to worry about getting more; however, Waluigi's moveset would likely represent aspects of the Mario franchise that haven't been included in full by its existing reps. As a character, Waluigi brings personality and quirkiness, along with massive popularity.

Shovel Knight
There's not much to this one: he's an indie who reached the height of his popularity around ballot time, and he missed the cut both for 4's DLC and Ultimate's base roster. It'd feel really odd to get him now, especially when most people are looking for big-name crossovers. He's popular but, like so many others, he isn't really someone that Nintendo would likely want to push hard as a DLC character.

Want: 0%
He's popular and his inclusion would mark another "ballot character" entering the fray, but I don't have a personal hankering for him. If we're getting third parties, I'd like them to be bigger than Shovel Knight. Basically, an indie that gets in ought to be pretty special to justify themselves over an unrepped first party IP, and idk if Shovel Knight makes as much sense at this point as, say, Isaac or Chorus Kids.

Takamaru
Most of his chances rest on an unlikely revival or the equally unlikely retro DLC rep. There are other series that are more likely to be revived than his, and there are also other retro reps that are probably about as likely as him like, say, Mach Rider. So overall his chances are slim but we know that Sakurai knows about him and he could definitely be an interesting choice.

Want: 79%
He gets a pretty solid score; this is mostly due to him being from an unrepped first party IP and also for being an incredibly interesting character. I've played his game and the multidirectional shuriken/fireball projectiles along with his sword, invisibility, and lightning strike ability would make for a cool Smash fighter. His game actually caught on better for me than the OG LoZ, so Murasame is an IP with potential. The points he loses are mostly for not being the most iconic unrepped IP and also being out-prioritized on my list by others like Isaac, Andy, and crew.

Skull Kid
If we got a Zelda rep as DLC, I have a hard time picturing it being an older Zelda character like Skull Kid. His popularity seemed to waver during his AT sentencing in 4, hence his so-so estimated ballot performance, but it cropped back up in the leadup to Ultimate. Despite being hit with the AT hammer again, his fanbase doesn't seem to have regressed so much this time. So if they're going specifically for a fan-fave Zelda character, he has a route to being picked, but there's BotW stuff, other Zelda villains, and other popularity picks outside of his franchise that would compete for his spot.

Want: 65%
He's emerged as the bonafide fan pick for Zelda; also, both he and his game are memorable and iconic. Zelda could use something different, but I wouldn't really want that something different to just be a promotional pick, so that likely means mining a one-off or old character. Skull Kid fits the bill for this. I don't have much of a personal investment in getting him into the game, and he is from a franchise that has a lot of reps, but I hear those shouting for a better Zelda roster. If we're getting another Zelda character, then he may as well be the go-to choice.

Shadow
He'd make for a nice Echo addition, but DLC is likely going to focus on new third party IPs. Idk if they'd do another SEGA rep in particular, although it's not impossible. Maybe he would've been a stronger candidate for the base roster if Sakurai wasn't so into Street Fighter.

As an Echo, 30%. As a unique, much lower. I know a number of people who really like him and I've warmed up to him. Before he was a victim of me not really wanting two reps from the same third party IP, but with the advent of Echo fighters I'm more amenable to giving a third party a tag-along partner. Sonic might very well be the third party series that has most earned that second rep, so Shadow as an Echo is fine. The main reasons I won't go higher are that he's still third party and I don't have much of a personal affinity for him. He did alright on the ballot, but pretty much the only way he stands out there is if you only look at Echo candidates.

Spring Man
His presence as an Assist coupled with comments from Sakurai and the ARMS team about being poorly timed, it seems like ARMS missed the boat this time. The "bad timing" thing is a poor excuse as there's nothing stopping them from adding ARMS in DLC, but Nintendo doesn't have much reason to keep pushing ARMS. The game did fine, but it wasn't quite Splatoon 2.0. If it was, I think he would've been saved for DLC. Most seem to disagree on this, but if ARMS was really that important to Nintendo then they'd find a way to fit Spring Man or whoever else from that game into DLC. But they were content to brush it off with the "bad timing" thing, which holds water as an excuse for the base roster (which ARMS was actually too new to make) but not so much for post-release DLC.

I'd like to see more of ARMS before it gets a rep in Smash. If it gets more games and becomes a moderately succesful series and/or the legacy of the original ARMS game holds up well, then Spring Man could probably fit well in Smash. But right now I probably wouldn't try to justify ARMS over older unrepped IPs that have been waiting their turn.

Midna
She's basically in Skull Kid's boat. However, her fanbase hasn't exploded like his, making her even less likely. Her chances might be worse now than they were in 4.

Want: 4%
I'd probably prefer Skull Kid, I guess. I don't have a particular attachment to Midna and her popularity doesn't seem to be through the roof. She could have some interesting mechanics and she comes from a major game, though. You gotta stand out pretty well when your series already has a healthy number of reps, even if the distribution of those reps isn't the best.

Black Knight
Other FE characters would get in before him. Simply put, it's hard to justify a non-main character that's not from the most recent game; FE competition is thick. I actually don't mind him as an AT; he's a major character but not one of the 6-8 or so most important ones in the series. I don't think he works as an Echo, based on his animations from PoR/RD.

I've played a lot of FE, and Radiant Dawn gave me a good time, but as I said above I don't think he's in the upper, upper echelon of major FE characters. Also, we don't have Lyn yet. I don't like to think of him as an Echo candidate, so that pretty much puts him out of it.

Ashley
She's got the popularity, but she's from a smaller first party franchise that already has Wario. They seem to be going for new third party crossovers, and she doesn't fit this bill. I don't have a good feeling about her chances after the unceremonious snowglobing she got last year.

She's popular, but I like the other potential WarioWare reps better. Also, I'm not sure that WarioWare absolutely needs someone other than Wario. I'd rather have a fully new IP get repped.

Wow, that was a mouthful

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
lol I just spent like 3 hours trying to do all of them and I was almost finished and then I accidentally closed the tab, deleting all of my work

please delete this post, thanks

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
AT fighters becoming playable DLC

Chance (all): 0%

I don't see them going through the extra effort of recoding how ATs work through DLC to make sure an AT is either completely removed or doesn't show up when a specific character is selected. I also don't see them having these characters exist simultaneously as ATs and fighters. I also don't see them going through the extra work regardless of how many potential extra "seasons" of DLC we may get. All of these characters, I can safely say, will not be playable in Ultimate.

Want (all): 0%

While I do like, and have supported, several of these characters in the past, I'm fine with them retaining their role as ATs. There are still so many interesting, beloved, unique and viable characters out there that they really have no shortage of potential DLC candidates. Honestly, the time and manpower that would have to go into reworking the game to make sure it runs without fail for both those who have and have not purchased a specific character is a waste in my book. I say leave 'em all for the next game.

With that said, when the next game is announced and their role as AT isn't confirmed reprised, then I'll give them a higher score.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly, the time and manpower that would have to go into reworking the game to make sure it runs without fail for both those who have and have not purchased a specific character is a waste in my book. I say leave 'em all for the next game.
It's not like anything would have to be done. The game works great whether you have Piranha Plant or not, and it would be the same with any DLC character, whether they're an AT, a Spirit, or nothing at all.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bomberman

Chance - 0.05% - I think third party licensing would stipulate how a third party already in the game can be used. Either they already have plans to do it, or they never planed to in the first place. Considering he's an assist trophy, I don't think they are gonna.

Want - 65% - No real connection to him, but I can respect his inclusion, which I can say is more than I can say for most third parties. I'd imagine it would be fun to have the classic +-shaped explosions in the player's control. That and his clasic nature lends him well to smash, I think.

Krystal

Chance - 0.01% - Assist trophy is already somewhat damageing. Add coming from a franchise that didn't even feature her while also being seen as a failure makes her seem unlikely. Many also see Star Fox as already pushing what it can get somewhat, so I'm not surprised that there isn't much likelyness going on here.

Want - 30% - Not much to say other than I would prefer Slippy. I feel that they could be majorly inventive with what he can do compared to her. Even then, I don't care much about Star Fox.

Isaac

Chance - 0.01% - "Dead" series, even if it's not entirely true, is never a good thing to say. Issac's mode is more than just a port, but a full upgrade with more detail. While that I think is a sign of interest, I think that also means that he didn't have plant to make it further.

Want - 75% - We really don't have an Earth-based moveset, and I think Isaac is our best bet. I know fans have been clamoring for him, and I do think that him appearing again will be enough to revive him (or vice versa). I don't have experence, but I do think he would at the very least be neat.

Lyn

Chance - 0% - Most people feel Fire Emblem is over saturated. Even if there was another character, we have a new hotness on the horrizon which if history tells us anything will most likely be chosen if they do. While we do have evidence that she is remarkably popular, I have absolutely no faith in her apperence.

Want - 30% - I am a big Anna fan, and want her to get in first. Otherwise, I'm not interested in her personally. I also find Fire Emblem having a bit much right now, and would prefer giving it a rest rather than adding yet another character.

Waluigi

Chance - 0% - You'd think by now that if Sakurai wanted him he would be in already. With how much history he has been in a consistent role, I think that if he were to break out he would be base game, not DLC. As of now, though, he looks to be too low on the priority list to make it.

Want - 40% - He's fine and all, but I'm not attached to him. He'd make a great choice as a sudo-joke character in a base roster with all sort of wacky ideas. That said, as DLC he doesn't sit right with me.

Shovel Knight

Chance - 0% - A similar case with Bomberman, he is either planed out to be playable far in advance or was never in consideration and will remain an assist trophy. Compared to Bomberman, though, he lacks the international popularity to be recognized. Didn't they also do a stream in celebration of Smash, and enjoyed the Assist Trophy? You'd think their might be more to it than that, but I say I don't see it.

Want - 70% - I'd like some indie representation in Smash. I'm a bigger fan of Shantae, though. Still, he'd be cool, even if he is everywhere.

Takamaru

Chance - 0% - Sakurai outright discomfirmed him because of he lacks international recognition back a while ago. I say he still has that issue. Unless their is significant evidence that he has changed his mind, we have no reason to belive he will be playable.

Want - 75% - I feel Takamaru can really wield his sword differently compared to most swordmen, and has ninja trickery to back him up. He's a good retro pick, in my eye. I feel no strong feelings about him, though.

Skull Kid

Chance - 0.02% - An incredibly popular but minor character that really has become closely assosiated with the Zelda franchise. However, thus far Zelda has shown a remarkable tendency to avoid one-offs becoming playable, with the only exception being Sheik, who was tied with Zelda and then Grandfather Claused in. While he may be the one to break it if it happens, I don't think DLC is the place for that.

Want - 30% - I'd much prefer a Toon character to get in before him. Tetra or Vaati are my picks. I don't find him that interesting a fighter, admitly, either.

Shadow the Hedgehog

Chance - 0% - You'd think that with Echos being introduced he'd be a surefire pick. Instead, he's back in the assist trophy capsule. Considering that you'd probably have to pay for him, I don't think he would go over well.

Want - 20% - He's probably going to be an echo or clone. I'm not paying for that. I wasn't interested in a second Sonic character anyway.

Spring Man

Chance - 0% - Sakurai admits that Spring Man came out too late for consideration. I don't think that he will make it now, though, as their are bigger fish to fry than the latest new guy with an interesting concept. He's prime for next game, but for now I don't think so.

Want - 80% - Hey, he'd be cool. The longest range "melee" attacker is a very interesting idea. I'd want to see what they do with it. I also enjoyed my time with ARMS as well.

Midna

Chance - 0% - Take everything I said about Skull Kid, then place it here. Now, take away the stuff about being incredibly popular. That's what she has to deal with. Yes, she's popular, but not near to the extend that Skull Kid was, so I don't think she has a chance.

Want - 30% - Again, Skull Kid mostly covered what I think. I have no strong preference over either. She's just... there.

Black Knight

Chance - 0% - The only Fire Emblem game to have multiple characters is Awakening. Though I feel the characters it has are a bit excessive, you cannot deny how important it was to the franchise, so at least one more is somewhat justified. The Black Knight, while popular, isn't on that same level. Add in Lyn's problems and you have a grim outlook.

Want - 25% - Mostly echo what I said about Lyn. Add in that I feel he would be even less unique, and I don't really have to say much more. Maybe Ike can get a costume referencing him?

Ashley

Chance - 0.01% - I acknolage that she is increadably popular. However, Wario isn't hurting for characters. They seem more like characters added for interesting ideas, rather than because they are popular. I don't think DLC is the place for her.

Want - 30% - I prefer Mona as a Wario character. I think that she can get across the minigame idea better than Ashley. Otherwise I don't really care.

Nominations

Palico X35

(WHEW!)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
As for the other characters (rated by want)

Krystal: 100% as we need another Star Fox character

Both Shovel Knight and Bomberman gets 95%

Skull Kid gets 85%

Ashley gets 75%

Spring-Man gets 60%

The rest gets 50 to 55%

That basically covers it

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
DISCONFIRMED CHARACTER PARTY
Chance:
0.1%

This is not gonna happen at all. Assist trophies are the prime example of a character not making the cut, and are instead getting trapped inside a glass container to serve whatever Piranha Plant picks them up. I cannot see this happening at all unless Sakurai drops the ultimate surprise and includes Waluigi to break the internet.

For want... Jesus Christ I have to give a score for every single assist trophy that had fighter potential. I'm doing this for the extra noms. Here we go!

Bomb Dood: 30%
I didn't really see the appeal of Bomberman making the cut. He didn't have much moveset potential outside of placing bombs and waiting for them to explode, and it really showed with the AT. This is one of the few characters that really fits the assist trophy role perfectly in my opinion.

Obligatory Fire Emblem Waifu Material With A Sword: 50%
I can see the appeal coming from FE fans, but to me, she's just another swordie. I felt indifferent myself, but wouldn't be mad at all if she got in. I'd take her over Chrom any day of the week. But then again, she could've ended up just like Chrom in terms of moveset...

Furry: 65%
Hate me all you want, but I supported her back in the Smash 4 days. I kinda stopped caring during Ultimate, but I thought she could've been a cool fighter, with an ice staff as her main weapon. I never really understood why she was hated so much to be honest, though it's probably coming from the Star Fox community, as I've never played the games myself.

WAH: 75%
Waluigi is still very deserving after being rejected multiple times as an assist trophy. I've lowered my score mostly because of the toxicity from some of the supporters, as a select few have actually harassed Sakurai on Twitter with threats. I still want him despite what happened after his disconfirmation. Thankfully it was only a few people who acted immaturely, and there are very good people in the Waluigi support group.

Death By Garden Tools: 95%
Shovel Knight was one of my most wanted characters before he got disconfirmed in the August direct. It was a real shame considering he had a ton of moveset potential. The fact that he made it into the game alone is an achievement in and of itself. Thankfully there's other indie characters that are still in the running that I'd love to see. And NO, Sans is NOT one of them.

Obscure Japan exclusive: 20%
Why? I get that he was scrapped for Smash 4, but is Takamaru really deserving of being in Smash? I don't think so. He's an obscure character that had only one game on the NES that was exclusive to Japan. He wouldn't be interesting either since his AT just runs around, beats people with a stick, and throws ninja stars. Yaaaaay...

Master Hand Adept: 70%
Less obscure than Takamaru, but his series has died since. It is one of the few that I think deserves a revival. I see a lot of moveset potential in Isaac, and the fanbase is one of the most friendly and devoted I've seen. He's a cool character, and I think he deserves to make it in. Definitely one of the most brutal disconfirmations outside of Waluigi.

Middle Finger: 55%
I think we are in desperate need of a Zelda rep that isn't a Link Zelda or Falcondorf. Midna would be interesting, but I feel like there are better choices out there, such as Ghirahim and another character coming up soon. I'm also quite indifferent on Midna, but I would be ok with her.

Dumbskull: 85%
Once again, we are in desperate need of a Zelda character that isn't a Link, Zelda, or Falcondorf. Skull Kid is much cooler in my opinion, and could have a very interesting moveset. His final smash could summon the moon to crash down on the stage. It's kind of insulting, considering he's an F tier AT that hurts gameplay for all players on the screen...

Edgehog: 10%
Ehh... Shadow is one of my least favorite Sonic characters, and one that would be a passable semiclone at best. If we're getting a second Sonic rep, it should be the player 2 of the series, Tails, or the main villain of the series, Dr. Eggman. Not some bland, overly edgy semiclone that went too far and carried a gun in his game to look cool. Reaper at least does the job better by coming off as funny and condescending with his edginess, and the guns actually fit the game he's from.

Toothpaste Hair: 95%
Another one of my most wanted that got brutally murdered in the November direct! This one didn't even make any sense in my opinion, as he would've been a perfect choice for DLC, and would get more people to try out ARMS! What a shame. I have yet to play ARMS, but it's on my list of games to play in the near future.

Wannabe Lich King: 80%
This one hurt. It somewhat makes sense that he was locked in a glass capsule, but he just looked too ****ing cool to pass, even as a semiclone character. The limited moveset potential and his slow speed probably was what killed him. FE somehow still doesn't have a villain, and the Black Knight would've been a perfect fit.

Hoopus Poopus: 50%
I'm indifferent about Ashley, and even getting another WarioWare character as a whole. A lot of them are mostly side characters that don't leave much of an impact, as most of the gameplay is minigames that star a side character cheering you on. She would be interesting, but I'm still indifferent at the end of the day. I think WarioWare is best represented with Wario himself, and maybe Waluigi could finally start appearing in his games for once?

Predictions: Vaati: 1.32% (Still, why?)

I think I just wasted an hour of my sleep doing this... I get 30 extra noms for all of those characters, right?

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 let me know if I missed a character or sentence in one of my ratings. Thanks!

Tetromino x35

I am such a ****ing donkey...

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, in the end, I couldn't resist the opportunity, so I rated everyone instead of just seven.

Top Bottom