• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Nathan Drake (Uncharted):

Chance: 0,1%
Pros:
Yet again, he is a video game character. And I guess he is popular.

Cons:
The only reason I don´t give 0% is because you never know with Sakurai. There is just too much going against him.
Not too many Newcomers this time. Already a few third party Characters with tons of more likely competition. Sony being very hesitant with crossplay and any kind of cooperation with Nintendo. Uncharted might be very popular but imo it´s not important enough in gaming history. Likely barely (if any at all) Ballot support. Even for Sony Characters there is way stronger competition with Crash and Spyro, who both would also fit more into Smash. As far as I know, he also doesn´t have anything to do with Nintendo. Cloud at least kinda appeared on a Nintendo console and in addition tot hat a few other Final Fantasy games as well. Neither Drake nor any Uncharted game ever appeared on a Nintendo console (I think). I am not too familiar with the Uncharted games, but I doubt he would add something special or unique. For realistic weaponry guy we already have Snake and in addition I´d say characters like Doomguy, Master Chief and Lara Croft would be more likely too.

Want: 1%

I don´t actively dislike him or anything, I just haven´t played any of his games and also don´t want to. They simply aren´t my thing and I personally wouldn´t be excited at all if he makes it into Smash.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nomination:

Fjorm: 5x
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ay, one of my noms!

Nathan Drake:

Chance: 2: Would love it to death if he got in, but he's not. Even if they decided to get another sony character in I'd imagine Drake is behind the likes of Crash and spyro.

Want: 100: Uncharted is my favorite video game series that I've played the entire way through, and I think he has some fun moveset potential too

Noms:
Joker x3
Blog Theory x2

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Nathan Drake

Chance: 0%

PlayStation icon- NEXT!

Want: 0%

He had his chance in PSASBR and was only aight- NEXT!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Nathan Drake
Chance: 1%
I feel people here have said it best already, that he's a Sony character (direct competition), not that demanded, and even has competition from other Sony reps. Sure, he does have slight popularity, but I don't think it's enough to get his chances any higher. If this were your average Smash game, I could see maybe 5%, but I don't see it happening here.
Want: Abstain
Sorry, I'm a mostly Nintendo player, so I've little experience with Sony or Microsoft brands unless they've actually crossed platforms, such as Minecraft. I have more knowledge of series like Crash or Spyro even...

D

Deleted member

Abstaining on Nathan Drake.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Nathan Drake

Chance and Want: 0%. Seriously? If there's going to be an explorer type 3rd party character, it's going to be Lara Croft.

Nominate Concept: Yoshi's Crafted World Stage x5

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nathan Drake

Chance 0%
He's a Sony first party character, and Sony is not into cooperating with the other console manufacturers.

Want 0%
I am not interested in him at all.

Nomination: Kat & Ana x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I didn’t even notice the two sentence rule until today. :facepalm:

Nathan
Chance: 0% - He’s owned by Sony, that’s one of the biggest possible strikes against a potential newcomer. It also doesn’t help that I’ve seen almost no demand for him at all among Smash fans.
Want: 0% - I’m not too familiar with the series despite it’s enormous critical acclaim, so having him in Smash wouldn’t mean much to me. I actually think he’d look out of place in Smash, given that he has an extremely realistic modern “action film” look and uses very realistic firearms. Even Snake would look cartoonish next to him. At least he’ll always have PlayStation All Stars.

Nominations: Edelgard x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Nathan Drake

DOUBLE ZEROES

This is me thinking giving flat zeroes in chance is a bad idea and then doing it two days in a row

I don't think Sony characters are really eligible. They're Nintendo's direct competitor, and I imagine they'd be much tougher to work with than Microsoft. And of course as a result the franchise has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo and there's pretty much no Smash demand, and heck, even if Sony by some really weird miracle get something, Drake's not the only option. An iconic character, but not one that will be in Ultimate.

For the record I'm a PlayStation player, and I do enjoy Uncharted. I just don't think Sony characters belong in Smash right now when they don't have anything whatsoever to do with Nintendo. They have their own fighting game anyway. Now if the company works with Nintendo later, then we'll talk, although if I had to pick a Sony character Nathan wouldn't even be my first choice - that would be Sackboy.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Nathan Drake
He's owned by Sony, he will never be in Smash.
Seriously, I'm not sure why anyone is giving him anything above a 0. Sony has made it pretty clear that they don't care about Nintendo, so them having a character in Smash wouldn't make sense.
Want: 0%
I've never played the Uncharted series, so I don't really want him. I'd rather have Kat.

FE character without a sword prediction: 1%
Noms: Steve x5

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Nathan Drake:
Chance 0.5% nothing is 0% if it’s a video game character in my eyes.

Want: 2% I’m kind of meh about the character itself and dislike the idea of 3rd party characters with no Nintendo history even for those I like example: Kratos.

Noms:
Majora AKA Majora’s Mask x5

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Nathan Drake

For some reason, I really don't see him coming to Smash, for one reason or another. It's not something I think Sakurai would do, though I'm way too tired tonight to into why.
Want: ABSTAIN
I don't really have an opinion on this one.

Nominations
Concept: Character Alternate Costume DLC x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining for today.

------

Nominations

Susie (Kirby): x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Nathan Drake

Chance - 0% - I don't think his series even had a Nintendo release. At least Cloud got in because his series was big on the NES. Uncharted is a huge gaming series, yes, but he can't even pass what many would consider basic criteria for getting in.

Want - 0% - I have no attachment to him. I would rather have third parties with somewhat closer importance to Nintendo to get in.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nathan
Chance 1%
Want 0%

I just can't see him getting in before Lara, and space is very limited. Plus I still think there are no more stages meaning no new franchises. And Uncharted just doesn't seem like the sort of franchise Sakurai would go after, at least not before older more beloved stuff.

Nominate no more stages x4
Daroach x1

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Nathan Drake:

Chance:1%-If a character is getting a 1% chance score from a guy who gave Phoenix Wright a 45% chance score, then that is a pretty big strike against them. Also, if Sony was to get a rep (and we all know that probably ain’t happening), it would probably be Parappa or Kratos.

Want:60%-My friends love Uncharted 4, and I have nothing against Drake. But I don’t think he could have a unique moveset.

Let’s all nominate Exitebiker x5!

Noms: Exitebiker x5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Nathan Drake

There's no way in hell that Sakurai would include a Sony character in Smash, especially if that said character has no games that were released on Nintendo consoles. Besides, if we're getting a Sony rep (which is highly unlikely...), it's going to be either someone who had at least one game released in Nintendo consoles, like Crash and Spyro or the most iconic Sony character out there, like Kratos, even if his games are also not released in Nintendo consoles. But, when it comes to getting an action-adventure rep, I think Lara Croft from Tomb Raider is more likely because at least she has some games that were released in Nintendo console, unlike Nathan where he has none.

Want: Abstain
I haven't played any of the Uncharted games at all, so I abstain on want.

Nominations:
Melemele Island Stage x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Nathan Drake

Chance: 0% In this day and age, Nathan's the closest Playstation has to a mascot. Unfortunately, that means he's highly unlikely to get in this Nintendo focused game. It's also an American company, which makes deals more difficult. All in all, highly unlikely.

Want: 1% If we get a Naughty Dog character, I would rather have Crash. At least he's been on a Nintendo system. Still, it would be incredible for the sheer unlikeliness of it, hence the 1% in want.

Nominations:
This is probably a waste, but I don't want it falling off the schedule again.
No More Stages x5

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Nathan Drake
Chance: 0.1%. It's not simply him being a direct competitor's premiere franchise that holds him back, it's that he's prominent in Sony's Smash Bros ripoff like many of their IPs. His resume is outstanding; Uncharted became the face of the PS3 and cemented Naughty Dog's place as Sony's top studio; the games have turned heads both in the industry and out of it, boasting an integration of cutscenes, dialogue and gameplay that many franchises have copied and a pace that feels like you're playing a movie. The games are technologically impressive for their time, and Nathan Drake is unquestionably an icon, but Sony will be very unwilling to allow him, Kratos, Ratchet, Aloy, Cole, Jak or Sly or whoever else to set foot in Smash. Nintendo and Sony's greatest collaboration was back in the 90's, and the fallout from it resulted in the PlayStation. Drake has an excellent resume but is near-guaranteed to never be in.

Want: 15%. Let's face it. The way Smash is going, it's not about Nintendo's All-Stars only anymore. It's about having the biggest icons from video game history in one game. There's only so many 3rd Party behemoths you can get before you start expanding to 1st Party competitors, and we get closer each game. Nathan Drake is quite a massive deal. I very much enjoy Uncharted; it's a nice blend of shooter, stealth and 3D Platformer that takes turns with gunfights, sneaking and obstacle courses, and it's just as much fun to play as it is to watch. It's one of the series that showed games can be just as engaging as film is to non-gamers and is one of the reasons why non-gamers take the medium seriously. He's obviously inspired by Tomb Raider, but he reached heights that his inspiration is trying to reach, and ironically now inspires Lara Croft. Naughty Dog's moved on to their next ambition, but they wouldn't be granted the goodwill they have if it wasn't for Nathan. While I'm not crazy about him being in and outright skeptical, I'd welcome him if Sony could swallow their pride and let Nintendo use him.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anime Spear User:

Chance: 10% - I don't see us getting another Fire Emblem character other than Chrom, except for as DLC maybe, though a spear-using character would be cool. It would also help against all the "anime swordsman" hate, unless they just view a spear-user as the same thing I guess...

Want: Abstain. I have yet to play any Fire Emblem games, though I'm not against another character or any characters in general. also Fem. Corrin is cool

Nominations:

Minecraft Steve? x1
Porky Minch x2
Sans as a boss character x2

hey I'm early this time

Last edited:

Midnight Torch

Smash Cadet
FE Spear User
Chance: 10%
Given that we're closing on launch and that we already have seven FE reps, I feel like we're not going to get a lance user. It doesn't help that 80% of the protagonists wield swords. We're more likely to get a spear from Bandana Dee.

Want: 15%
I would love to see Fjorm as DLC. Other than that, I don't really see any other lance units making the cut.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Gotta abstain on this one. I personally believe that FE is suitably repped with Chrom's addition to go along with the characters that are available, and Bandana Dee is my pick for a spear user, but all in all, I don't have enough info to definitively lean one way or another. So abstain.

Nominations Quote x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem Spear User

Chance: 5%
After Chrom, I don't think we're getting more Fire Emblem characters in the base roster. The only spear user I could think of that is more likely to get in is Fjorm, but she was introduced way too late and thus has no chance of getting in the base roster. Even in DLC, she still has to compete with Celica or the Three Houses protagonist for the spot.

Want: 80%
Any Fire Emblem character that is not a sword user would be a huge plus for me, so I wouldn't mind if Fjorm managed to get in. But, I feel like Celica is more likely to get in than Fjorm due to popularity.

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fire Emblem Spear User

The only spear/lance user I can see making it into Smash is Fjorm since FE Heroes is insanely popular. She got added to Heroes at the end of 2017 so I highly doubt she’d be in the base game though. Even then, Fjorm has to compete with Edelgard who has a higher chance of being added to promote Three Houses. Azura also has a very small chance though I don't see it happening.

Want: 50%

A lance-based moveset would be nice to have in Smash. I’d also like to see Fjorm make it in as Smash is severely lacking characters with ice-based movesets. That said, there are still some other FE characters I’d like to see over her though (namely Celica).

Nominations: Kyo Kusanagi x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
No More Stages x241
Linkle x227
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x215
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x202
Louie x200
Rick/Coo/Kine x197
DeMille x193

200 - 151

Balloon Fighter x192
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x185
Papyrus x180
Reimu Hakurei x165
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Dovahkiin x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x151

150 - 101

Item: Beast Ball x150
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x145
Barbara the Bat x132
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Susie Haltmann x129
2B x126
Edelgard x125
Guzma (Pokémon) x120
Klonoa x117
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x115
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x115
Zeraora (Pokemon) x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Gooey x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x110
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102

100 - 51

Black Knight as a boss character x100
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Kyo Kusanagi x95
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Silvally x84
Chorus Kids x77
Yu Narakumi x76
Frank West x75
Veronica x73
Sans as a boss character x70
9-Volt x68
Xurkitree (Pokémon) x68
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x65
Endou Mamoru x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x56
Leo (Fire Emblem) x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x51

50 - 25

Rhythm Girl x50
The Prince (Katamari) x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Concept: Cross series Echoes x45
Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x44
Earthworm Jim x44
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x40
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x40
Adeleine x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Stage: Melemele Island x35
Concept: DLC character pass x30
Box Theory x29
[Rerate] Steve? x27
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Master Chief x25

Under 25

Saki Amamiya x22
Quote x21
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sub-Zero x17
Joker (Persona) x16
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Kat & Ana x15
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x15
Big Boss x15
[Rerate] Sora x15
[Rerate] Excitebiker x11
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
Bub & Bob x10
Merric (Fire Emblem) x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
Stage Builder x8
Blog Theory x7
[Rerate] Gengar x7
Zeke (Xenoblade 2) x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Stage: SR388 x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octoling x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Pam (Stardew Valley) x5
Captain Syrup x5
Concept: Return of Palutena’s Guidance/Codec Calls x5
Concept: Free DLC characters x5
Jin (Xenoblade) x5
Concept: Assist Trophy DLC x5
[Rerate] Black Shadow x5
Doshin the Giant x5
Stage: Mute City Melee x5
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x5
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x5
Bartz Klauser x5
Stage: Tetris x5
Concept: Danganronpa music x5
Conker x5
Elite Beat Agents x5
[Rerate] Porky Minch x5
Concept: Character alternate costume DLC x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Black Mage x4
Stanley the Bugman x3
Concept: WarioWare newcomer x2
Concept: F-Zero newcomer x2
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Birdo x1
Concept: Any Minecraft representation x1
Goomba x1

Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode crosses 200 noms and passes Rick, Coo, Kine, and Louie to take 4th place.

Steve crosses 25

New concept: Character alternate costume DLC, with 5 nominations.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Yet another FE character
I don't want to :124: it again but now that we have Chrom, I really don't see Sakurai adding another FE character considering his opinion on how it's represented. Atleast not for the base game. Intelligent systems might knock on Sakurai's door again with Three Houses coming. Right now I don't see it happening. Fjorm misses out on the project plan and Azura is redundant with us already having Corrin.

Want: -100% (or just 0%)

There's only one spear user I want in the game. It damn sure isn't someone from Fire Emblem.

The prince x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ephraim

Because, I mean, who else could it be? Azura suffers from the fact that she isn’t the main character, Fates is already repped by Corrin, and Fates is as controversial as it is, assuring that it won’t get the Awakening treatment. I’ve seen people mention Fjorm, who’s from a mobile game (and let’s be real, we’re never getting a character from a mobile game in Smash) and from 2017.

So back to Ephraim, he ain’t the most popular, or the most relevant. So his chances ain’t great. Plus, Fire Emblem won’t get a unique newcomer this time around, and a spear based moveset would have to be one.

Chance: 12%

But hey, I like Ephraim, so I’ll give a decent want score.

Want: 80%

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
FE Spear user:
Chance: 1%
Want: 30%

As many have stated, the most obvious picks are Ephraim and Fjorm, but I have my doubts as to either one of them will be happening. Sakurai already hesitated with Corrin due to the amount of FE characters, and Chrom got in purely through Japanese fan demand. And I find it hard to believe that there was a more popular pick than Chrom. And Fjorm has the disadvantage of her game only coming out in 2017. (And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she only debuted in a post-launch update?) If we're getting a unique FE newcomer, I'm inclined to believe it's going to be a DLC pick being either Fjorm or a Three Houses character.

Though, I can't say I'm not interested. I have no experience with either characters, but the spear is my favourite martial weapon, which leads me to have a slight bias towards them. Although... There's a certain bandana wearing blob I'd prefer to see wield an oversized toothpick in Ultimate. (Though they're anything but mutually exclusive as Fjorm and Ephraim both would have extremely different playstyles when compared to him.)

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
FE Lancer:
Somewhat high because Lances are literally one-third of the major piece of Fire Emblem's battle system and would be great representation for the series. And also somewhat high because the most notable character from the insane money-maker FE Heroes wields a Spear herself (Fjorm). Azura and Ephraim have the off-chance of being implemented just due to being prominent Lancers from the franchise, but their chances do seem quite a bit lower than Fjorm's. Also, all of them are likely competing with Celica and Edelgard for a DLC slot.

Want: 90%
I honestly want all of those characters I just named in Smash. FE is great. Fantasy weapons are great. I want more fantasy weapon-types in my fantasy crossover brawler. Ephraim would be my pick for Lancer from the top choices, though given full freedom, I'd want an actual mounted Pegasus Knight. P.Knights have been a series staple since its inception and they are a really eye-catching addition to something like Smash. You'd think a mounted combatant wouldn't work in Smash, but that kind of unique feature is exactly what would make this an interesting addition. You might also think that Ridley would be too big or that Isabelle is too pacifist or that Duck Hunt Dog doesn't have enough frames of animation to make a good fighter. But these arguments against them are exactly why they are such unique and surprising additions in the first place.

How would mounted combat work in a fighting game? I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect something akin to how mounted combat worked in Fire Emblem Warriors (the Dynasty Warriors clone with FE) - basically you got a super-acrobatic horse who could perform all the flashy jumping moves that the regular infantry characters could do. Realism is lame. Acrobatics Horses are Cool. 90% want.

Nominations: Character alternate costume DLC x5
This is a really good idea. Let's talk about this.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fe Spear user
Chance 1%
The only one I could potentially see is Azura. But with space so incredibly limited, it's hard to imagine they'd waste the time on yet another unique character FE character.
Want 0%
For heavens sake NO! I could live with an echo, but Fire Emblem already has a lot, it does need another character. Focus giving it more stages or assist trophies if you have to.

Nominate no more stages x3
Daroach x2

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
FIRE EMBLEM SPEAR USER
Want: 45%

It'll be a nice change of pace for the Fire Emblem cast, but I don't see it happening. We already have a lot of Fire Emblem representation in the game, and if we are getting a spear user, it will probably be Bandana Dee. They do have a lot of choices for this concept though.

Nominations: Xurkitree x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
(Atomic Symbol for Iron) Emblem Spear User

There's a chance. Though at the same time, I feel that a sword user would once again be added. There are definitely options for a spear user, but I don't think base roster will see it happen. DLC would be the best bet, but again, it'd most likely be the resident sword user of Three Houses. Of course, a spear user also has as much of a chance of being added as an ax user, both being missing from FE representation.

Want: 10%
I think by the character in my signature you could probably guess who my preferred spear user choice would be. Of course, there's nothing that's keeping an FE Spear User & Bandana Dee from happening, but I feel Bandana Dee, with all his support, probably deserves the spot first. Don't get me wrong though, if we were to get another Fire Emblem character, I'd prefer a non-sword user. Even Robin, who's primarily a mage, uses a sword for close quarters combat.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
FE Spear User

I don't see them adding another FE character in base game. There are too many fan favorites already and Chrom is already in. I do see Ephraim having a good chance for DLC though. He's popular, and would play differently.
Want: 100%
Gimme gimme gimme. There are so many sword users in the series and I hope spears (my favorite weapon type) get in. The long range alone would be fun to play.

Nominations
Character Alternate Costume DLC x5

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
FE Spear User want: 81.05%

My ideal type of this concept is agile, quick-striking, and of adult proportions. For example, Ephraim could have quick spear thrusts and spins and the speed to keep at the right distance from his enemy for the speartip sweetspot to be in range. The reach advantage of the spear would be balanced by having an extreme sourspot away from the tip during these attacks. Savvy players would instead attack with a shorter-reaching swing of the butt of the spear when the enemy closes past the speartip. This would be a weak attack, but a better choice than a thrust, etc., that only connects with the sourspot. He would play somewhat like an extreme version of Marth, with spacing being extremely important.

I didn't give this a 100% rating, because I took a weighted average of my want ratings based on how likely I thought different types of spear fighters would be, given that one gets into Smash. A spear fighter with another strong theme, such as Fjorm, who uses ice magic, would be fun, but it's not exactly what I want, and the theme would detract from immersion when skinning it with other Fire Emblem spear fighters. Then there are characters who use a spear, but it isn't their main shtick. For example, Azura would probably focus at least as much on water magic and dancing as on spear attacks. In addition to these cases, there is also a chance that a spear fighter could get in who is heavily armored or uses the spear as a slow and heavy weapon, rather than the type of fighter I want.

Nominations:

Merric x5

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Spear user
chance
I think Fire emblem is done till DLC. And while I think a spear could offer a unique moveset fan favorites will go before it.
4%

want
I am all for spear users in Smash and a big fan of FE so normally I would be all for it. But I would rather have Bandana Dee over a FE spear user
25%

nominating
earthworm jim x5

Top Bottom