• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Double abstaining today because I haven't played LoZ games much so I'm unfamiliar with these characters. Happy and somewhat surprised Nathan Drake was able to slip into the top 7 though. Thought he was too far back to make it this go around, but looks like he got some surprise support.

Nominations:
Linkle x 2
silvally x2
Blog Theory x 1

SpyderSoup

Smash Rookie
Rabbid.

Chance: 55% I'm surprised the Smash fanbase keeps talking about Rayman being in Smash, and yet, no one even talks about the possibility of the Rabbids being in Smash? The Rabbids have a much bigger chance of being added in Smash more than Rayman is actually, since the Rabbids did cross-over with Mario not too long ago.

Want: 80% The Rabbids mostly appeared in Nintendo exclusives. During the Wii era, they were stealing all of Rayman's spotlight. So much so that they were removed from the Rayman series so that they can have their own franchise. I already mentioned that Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle game. So, let's make it happen, people!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hilda
Chance: 70%
I find it weird that Zelda uses her ALBW design and doesn't have a Hilda based alt.

Want: 50%
I wouldn't have a problem with her.

Impa
Chance: 80%
As the most recurring character outside of the Triforce Holders, Impa has seniority in her franchise and is somewhat well requested.

Want: 60%
I would be cool with her. The more the merrier in terms of Zelda characters.

Nominate: Kat & Ana x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Double abstaining today because I haven't played LoZ games much so I'm unfamiliar with these characters. Happy and somewhat surprised Nathan Drake was able to slip into the top 7 though. Thought he was too far back to make it this go around, but looks like he got some surprise support.

Nominations:
Linkle x 2
silvally x2
Blog Theory x 1
Abstaining, but you vote for Linkle, a Hyrule Warriors character? That's pretty weird, cause Impa is also a major character in Hyrule Warriors...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Rabbid.

Chance: 55% I'm surprised the Smash fanbase keeps talking about Rayman being in Smash, and yet, no one even talks about the possibility of the Rabbids being in Smash? The Rabbids have a much bigger chance of being added in Smash more than Rayman is actually, since the Rabbids did cross-over with Mario not too long ago.

Want: 80% The Rabbids mostly appeared in Nintendo exclusives. During the Wii era, they were stealing all of Rayman's spotlight. So much so that they were removed from the Rayman series so that they can have their own franchise. I already mentioned that Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle game. So, let's make it happen, people!
You're supposed to talk about Hilda and Impa.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Impa
Chance: 75%
With how the way the Zelda series is gettin grepresented in this game I no longer see the inconsistant desings as an issue. It also leads me to believe how a new Zelda character is likelier than I thought. She likely had the highest ballot support out of all Zelda characters and would make for an easy Sheik echoe.

Assuming she'd be an echoe I'd be fine with her.

The prince x5
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 you might have skipped over one of my posts cause I'm pretty sure I've nominated the prince four times by now.
I do recall that one or two nominations for the Prince were not counted due to not reaching the ‘2 sentences per score’ rule. However, if I made a mistake, PM me and we’ll sort it out.

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , I hate to be a pain, but you still have yet to make Stage Builder into a [Concept]. Sorry about that...
Also still me being a pain, you might want to remove Hilda from the nominations list, as she is being rated right now...

HILDA

Here we have a one-appearance villain who kind of looks like Zelda as she appears in a Link between Worlds. Nothing too special besides that fact; I personally believe that she has no chance as a unique fighter, and a slight one at that as an Echo. I did some research into her, and she isn't even a main villain. She just looks like Zelda, and that's the only reason why we are voting for her. I also wanted to check to see if she was an alt costume of Zelda, and she ISN'T EVEN IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR THAT! (I did find out while searching for Zelda's alts that Galacta Knight has been de-confirmed, as he has been recreated as an alt of Meta Knight. The source material was honored so much that they completely redesigned the previous Galacta Knight alt to make it better match how he did in the first game, facial slit and all. RIP Galacta Knight, would've loved to have you as an Echo, but you and Hilda both suffered the same fate as one-time villains. At least you are interesting to look at and have an echo move set potential. Anyway, back on topic.) In terms of chance, there isn't that much to say. Nintendo doesn't seem to care for her, she certainly isn't that popular of a character in terms of support as an addition to Smash, and I hadn't even heard of her before Zelda was shown to use her Link between Worlds model. I have to stop at some point to give her a...

Chance: 10%

In my opinion, I can agree that there are characters who would not been done justice unless their given a completely unique move set. Then there are some that I would like to be unique, but would immediately settle for them to be an echo if given the chance. There are a small amount of characters that I want ONLY to be an echo. Hilda is the very first (and only) character that I want as an alternate costume only. And she was de-confirmed even for that! (At least Galacta Knight got represented as an alternate costume) I feel like having her as a color alt (to differentiate from a model alt such as Alph and the Koopalings) would actually be better for Zelda, as it would honor Zelda's source game by a character who looks similar to her as an alternate color costume. But, that is not the case. She is not unique enough to be an echo, when we still have characters like Isabelle, Dixie Kong, Dry Bowser, and Impa still left in the open. I'd be fine with her though... wouldn't be too mad. Ah well. You aren't that wanted though Hilda, so...

Want: 7.5%

IMPA

Rating coming soon, but based on the end of my Hilda want, you can kind of see where I'm going to go with this...

I will drop noms right now though... Ray (Custom Robo) x5
Thanks for the heads up. There are some concepts that just don’t have Concept in the name (No More Stages and Box Theory come to mind), but I’ll change it now.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Hilda:

Chance: 25%
Pros:
There are a few things going for her. I´ll try to keep it short since pretty much everyone has already mentioned those. First of all the probably biggest clue, the missing Alt for Zelda. Sure Zelda never had an Alt based on Hilda, but she also never had the ALttP/ALbW design. Though considering some characters seem to have more than 8 Alts, it wouldn´t be too surprising if she actually has a Hilda Alt and we simply haven´t seen it yet. Maybe it will be a special one, like Meta Ridley or the Crafted World Yoshi, having more details closer to Hilda.
Hilda would also fit well as an Echo, her design is very similar, but not too similar and lorewise it would be perfect too. Kinda like how Dark Samus and Dark Pit fit to Samus and Pit. Hilda could be seen a bit as a Dark Zelda in the Dark Pit kind of way and not Dark Link or Dark Mario kind of way.
Though to be fair, those aren´t the biggest clues and she definitely isn´t the most requested character or anything. But after the 8.8. Direct I think we can expect more Echos, even less requested ones like Richter. And there aren´t as many well fitting Echos imo, as there are possible unique characters, raising the chance for some Echos.

Cons:
As already indicated, she isn´t the most requested or important character from the TloZ franchise. And sadly TloZ already has a problem with “clones” (3 Links, 2 Zeldas and Ganondorf being a semi C. Falcon clone), as one of Nintendo´s biggest franchises, and biggest franchises in gaming as a whole, I think TloZ deserves more unique characters. There are so many interesting characters, like Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Midna, Lana, the 4 Champions (BotW), Vaati and more. But sadly most of those (except maybe Skull Kid who seems to have a decent chance this time) are one off characters with barely any chance.
Side note: Hilda didn´t even make it into Hyrule Warriors, a game even Medli, Marin and Ravio made it in. Though then again Vaati is also not playable, even though he is technicly the second most appearing villain in TloZ.

Want: 60%
Aside from the Octolings (who are probably too new to make it into the base roster) Hilda is my most wanted Echo. I loved ALbW, she is a great character and purple is my second favourite colour and a very underrated colour imo ^^”.
Only 60% though, because as I said I would really prefer to see a few unique TloZ fighters, before we get another clone and I also don´t care too much about Echos.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Impa:

Chance: 50%
A difficult one. There aren´t really any hints I have seen for her inclusion but also no clues against her.
Pros:
She is probably the most important (and most recurring aside from Tingle I think) character from the TloZ lore that isn´t already in Smash. She could be yet another clone, this time a Shiek Echo. But she could also work as an “unique” fighter with her giant blade. Though I don´t know if I would want that. We already have so many sword fighters and that would mean 5 out of 7 TloZ characters would use a sword (3 Links + Ganondorf + Impa vs Zelda and Shiek).

Cons:
I kinda feel like Impa is too important as a character to just be an Echo, but not requested enough to be an unique fighter, especially with all the hints to Skull Kid.

Want: 20%
While I really like her as a character (design and personality), I just would prefer too many other TloZ characters over her right now. If we would only have unique TloZ characters so far, then sure, but currently I neither really want a TloZ Echo nor another TloZ Swordfighter (or any Swordfighter).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prediction:
Jin Kazama (Tekken): 5%

Nomination:
Fjorm: 5x

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Impa 40%. I'd love to see her as an easy echo of Shiek but don't think it will happen at all.

We'll be lucky at all if Zelda gets a single newcomer this game,.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So the prima leak is goin around if people have not heard. Everything I said is in is in it, though some things like vault boy are a bit questionable. I’ll say this, it makes sense a bit when I look at it in a twisted way. Runic_SSB Runic_SSB must not be happy with it, Fire emblems and Steve.

Personally? I am going to spend time nomming vault boy now.

Also for QoL there will be a noms purge next month, date to be announced.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda sucks to nominate something for so long only to have it end up as a double day. :/

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Abstaining, but you vote for Linkle, a Hyrule Warriors character? That's pretty weird, cause Impa is also a major character in Hyrule Warriors...
Yep, suppose I could have explained that a bit. some of that is to bump Linkle above Thwomp, who I don't really care to rate, but I've seen some pitches for Linkle I've liked

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Impa
Chance: 25%

Less certain with Impa than I am with Dixie. Impa's an obvious echo choice for Sheik, although I'd rather she be unique with her Nagiantas or be an echo of Cloud or Ike with her Biggron sword. but there's nothing pointing to her inclusion one way or the other.

Popularity wise she has her fans, and would have been decently popular during the Sm4sh DLC ballots thanks to Hyrule Warriors boosting up her reputation. With a heavy emphasis on the Sheikah in Breath of the Wild, Impa's very 'hot' right now. If she'd recieved a BotW young warrior design instead of an old lady design I'd be ranking her much higher as her popularity would have raised yet further, but at least she can lean on her Skyward Sword/HW/Oot design if Sakurai so chooses.

Want: 100%
Like I said, I'd rather Impa be unique, but I'll take what I can get. I just want a new Zelda character that isn't a Triforce member wearing a different hat at this point(Sorry Tetra). Impa was my character of choice in Hyrule Warriors however so she's definitely my preferred choice, and that she's reoccurring is a plus to me.

There's something about the Nintendo bodyguard characters I can't explain but just inherently like; (Captain) Toad, Bandana Waddle Dee and Impa all strike me as fun, loyal and wildly different characters I'd want to play and would be great for an event match where you must protect your royal. Some day...

Heck, though I just want more Zelda in general; I'd be happy with Tingle or even Vaati though. Hey Capcom, if we really are getting Geno, can you also give us Vaati since he's basically your Geno(as in you own half of him) but with more game appearances and is the second most reoccurring villain in Zelda?

Hilda
Chance: 2%

Zelda gets so little love in terms of characters, even with Hilda being such an obvious echo I can't see Sakurai prioritising this relatively unimportant individual over Impa if he's looking for a Zelda character echo.

Want: 0%
Although hypocritically perhaps, I don't want Hilda. I can name a dozen more important, popular and more interesting Zelda one offs that would be more worth while inclusions than 'looks a bit like this character'. So far the echoes, even when looking similar to their bases have been at least semi important individuals. Hilda isn't really in the grand scheme of Zelda.

Impa, Vaati, Tingle, Skull Kid, Midna, any of the four champions, Ghirahim, Fi, Twinova, Medli...there's so many better options out there this really would boggle my mind.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Hilda want: 0%
She should be a palette swap.
She doesn't do anything in her game that justifies even giving her Zelda's moves, let alone any of her own.
[Edit: Apparently I was wrong about this, but I still don't think spending time on Hilda past a palette swap is justified.]

Impa want: 0% (4-10*)

This would be higher if Sheik were out. Having both seems like a waste of time to me. Her Skyward Sword appearance is rad, though.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hilda

Chance: 65%
Want: 100%

She's being sleeped on right now. And she does have evidence backing her up. Zelda herself being based ALttP/ALBW and despite that she doesn't have a Hilda based costume or alt despite being an obvious choice for it. Like how Ike's Chrom color and Samus's Dark Samus color are not there anymore.

Impa

She seems like a frontrunner newcomer being the only recurring Zelda character not playable yet. Of course she's lower than Hilda because there's no convincing evidence of her being playable. But it's still very possible.

Nominate More Than 5 Unique Characters x5

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice

She should be a palette swap.
She doesn't do anything in her game that justifies even giving her Zelda's moves, let alone any of her own.

Impa want: 0% (4-10*)

This would be higher if Sheik were out. Having both seems like a waste of time to me. Her Skyward Sword appearance is rad, though.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

* Indicates percentage penalty for potentially taking a slot from most wanted characters
*Spoilers*
Hilda kinda does do staff in her game tho. She first was able to summon Yuga (main antagonist), she then clearly showed to possess dark magic which likely came from her staff, I think she even teleported at one point and not to forget she magically created this dark/purple vine things to trap Yuga. So there’s definitely moves of her own she could use altough very different from Zelda herself.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
*Spoilers*
Hilda kinda does do staff in her game tho. She first was able to summon Yuga (main antagonist), she then clearly showed to possess dark magic which likely came from her staff, I think she even teleported at one point and not to forget she magically created this dark/purple vine things to trap Yuga. So there’s definitely moves of her own she could use altough very different from Zelda herself.
I played the game, but I don't remember most of that. When the Hilda thread popped up, I asked in there, but everyone gave me **** for criticizing their new hotness.

D

Deleted member

Hilda
Chance: 5%

Even as a potential :ultzelda: echo, she isn't requested much.
And as for my want score:
[...] I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
And having :ultlink:, :ultzelda:, :ultsheik: and :ultganondorf: updated design-wise and moveset-wise and :ultyounglink: returning is more than enough already.
Impa

From all the possible Zelda newcomers she's one of the few to stand a chance as a :ultsheik: echo, but I'm not sure she's be as hype as Skull Kid.
And like for Hilda as above:
[...] I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
And having :ultlink:, :ultzelda:, :ultsheik: and :ultganondorf: updated design-wise and moveset-wise and :ultyounglink: returning is more than enough already.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x5

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Quick interjection: Zelda was one of the few characters that was available to play as during E3, so we have seen her pallet swaps. I can verify that none of those designs for alternate colors are based on Hilda's design. You can find them by looking up "SSBU Alternate Costumes"
What the other person said. We already know that there are more color pallets available than what was in the demo (Ridley), or perhaps that that demo wasn't the final selection. Of course, I have no strong evidence that a Hilda alt will suddenly appear...

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
She's the dark counterpart of Zelda in A Link Between Worlds, but she's not exactly a breakout character, and she wasn't memorable the way Dark Samus was in Prime 2 and 3. She admittedly screams "Echo", but even then she'd feel a bit random of a choice. Personally I'd rather go with fire and ice rod items for more ALBW representation.

Impa want: 58%
Now this is a potential LoZ Echo fighter I can get behind. Her role in Skyward Sword was more memorable and her Hyrule Warriors appearance was pretty well received, both of which would fit perfectly as a Sheik echo; she doesn't need to be unique as she's a Sheikah and Sheik's moveset fits her perfectly (unlike other far-fetched Echo fighter suggestions I've been myself guilty of).

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x1
Concept: box hypothesis x4

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
I played the game, but I don't remember most of that. When the Hilda thread popped up, I asked in there, but everyone gave me **** for criticizing their new hotness.
Oooo I see, yeah the teleporting and summoning Yuga happened at the end. The purple vine things and then holding her staff to use magic iirc happened before. I mean she kinda has done more than Zelda has (moves wise) aside from the Zelda in HW.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hill, Duh

Chance: 30%. Honestly, I feel she'd be more likely if they hadn't given Zelda the ALBW look. If they were trying to give the whole Zelda crew different looks, why double dip on ALBW when Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess have nothing? I still think she's possible though.

Want: Abstain.

Impa (Can't think of a Joke)

Chance: 55%. Probably the most likely Zelda character. She got big in this fanbase at prime ballot time, could work as a Sheik echo, and either of the games her design would be taken from (Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors) don't have a character yet.

Want: Abstain

Nominations: Cross Series echoes x5

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Impa

Chance 55%
As a recurring character in Zelda games I feel like she has a good chance to make it. Especially for a character who's not a holder of the Triforce. If anything I see/hope Sakurai goes with Impa from Hyrule Warriors, as that gives her a higher chance of being unique or at least a semi-clone.

Want 100%
Impa would be a great addition to Smash, especially if they make her a unique newcomer, and give her, her Naginata moveset. There is a good chance of her being an echo of Sheik too. However, although I'd prefer a unique Impa over an echo, Sheik is my main character in Smash, so I wouldn't be bother by her echo status.

Hilda
Abstaining, because I don't know anything about her.

Nomination - Amaterasu x5

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Impa

Chance: 55%- This ones interesting. I started out with a rating of 30% because her fan support seems to have died down and it seems that with so few character reveals probably left, there's no way she will be one of them. But then the more I think about it, the more I realize Impa might just have a chance. First off, the Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's 2nd or 3rd biggest franchise (behind Mario and either in front or behind Pokemon), hasn't gotten a unique newcomer since Melee. Sure, Brawl gave us Toon Link, but he basically served as Young Link's replacement. Out of the plausible Zelda newcomers, she seems the most likely. Most of the series other popular characters, like Midna, Ghirahim, and Tingle have been confirmed as assist trophies. And then there's Skull Kid. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of him and actually have been supporting him since before Brawl. But, I feel that him being a boss makes a lot more sense than being playable, because he does not even remotely compare to the popularity of the other newcomers announced, and also they're gonna need iconic villains to be in the boss mode. So, with that said, Impa seems the most likely Zelda character. And while her popularity has died down, all's that matter is if she was popular during the ballot days. Looking back at it, a lot of leaks back then contained Impa for one reason or another, and her appearance in Hyrule Warriors kept her relevant. I recall her being a huge name back then, so the popularity is or was there. So I gave her a 55% chance, because while she has everything going for him, roster spots are limited and she is not a part of any major leaks.

Want: 95%- I feel she's one of the last big Nintendo names not in the game, and I'm rooting for her all the way. She could have a unique moveset with her sword from Hyrule Warriors, and has a great design to base off of. She's still relevant in the series with Breath of the Wild, and with each appearance we learn more and more about who Impa truly is. And as we learn more, I fall more in love with who she is. So I'm on team Impa.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Impa

Chance: 55%- This ones interesting. I started out with a rating of 30% because her fan support seems to have died down and it seems that with so few character reveals probably left, there's no way she will be one of them. But then the more I think about it, the more I realize Impa might just have a chance. First off, the Zelda series, arguably Nintendo's 2nd or 3rd biggest franchise (behind Mario and either in front or behind Pokemon), hasn't gotten a unique newcomer since Melee. Sure, Brawl gave us Toon Link, but he basically served as Young Link's replacement. Out of the plausible Zelda newcomers, she seems the most likely. Most of the series other popular characters, like Midna, Ghirahim, and Tingle have been confirmed as assist trophies. And then there's Skull Kid. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of him and actually have been supporting him since before Brawl. But, I feel that him being a boss makes a lot more sense than being playable, because he does not even remotely compare to the popularity of the other newcomers announced, and also they're gonna need iconic villains to be in the boss mode. So, with that said, Impa seems the most likely Zelda character. And while her popularity has died down, all's that matter is if she was popular during the ballot days. Looking back at it, a lot of leaks back then contained Impa for one reason or another, and her appearance in Hyrule Warriors kept her relevant. I recall her being a huge name back then, so the popularity is or was there. So I gave her a 55% chance, because while she has everything going for him, roster spots are limited and she is not a part of any major leaks.

Want: 95%- I feel she's one of the last big Nintendo names not in the game, and I'm rooting for her all the way. She could have a unique moveset with her sword from Hyrule Warriors, and has a great design to base off of. She's still relevant in the series with Breath of the Wild, and with each appearance we learn more and more about who Impa truly is. And as we learn more, I fall more in love with who she is. So I'm on team Impa.
If Skull Kid doesn’t compare to the level of popularity of the other newcomers, why does that leave Impa more likely? Impa is less popular than SK.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
If Skull Kid doesn’t compare to the level of popularity of the other newcomers, why does that leave Impa more likely? Impa is less popular than SK.
Impa is less popular than Skull Kid today, but Skull Kid's popularity was significantly, and I mean significantly, lower before all of the rumors and leaks started swirling. It's similar to the Chorus Kids, who were not popular prior to the Gematsu leak, and were not talked about much after the leak was debunked (or thought to be at the time). And back in the Smash Wii U/3DS DLC & Ballot days, Impa imo did rival some of the newcomers in popularity. She was definitely more talked about than Isabelle and Simon Belmont, who while both popular weren't as popular as her.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Impa is less popular than Skull Kid today, but Skull Kid's popularity was significantly, and I mean significantly, lower before all of the rumors and leaks started swirling. It's similar to the Chorus Kids, who were not popular prior to the Gematsu leak, and were not talked about much after the leak was debunked (or thought to be at the time). And back in the Smash Wii U/3DS DLC & Ballot days, Impa imo did rival some of the newcomers in popularity. She was definitely more talked about than Isabelle and Simon Belmont, who while both popular weren't as popular as her.
I definitely disagree. Skull Kid absolutely saw a surge in popularity thanks to leaks, but people really understate how popular he was in 2014-15. Isabelle being less popular than Impa is also just not true.

Still, let’s jot this down to different recollections.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I definitely disagree. Skull Kid absolutely saw a surge in popularity thanks to leaks, but people really understate how popular he was in 2014-15. Isabelle being less popular than Impa is also just not true.

Still, let’s jot this down to different recollections.
Yeah, Isabelle probably was more popular, but I think Impa was more talked about in the Smash community.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Hilda

Chance: 20%
I don't think Zelda's dark alt is exactly Hilda, but it's close enough and I don't see it happening. I know it isn't exact, but I'm thinking that's what it's supposed to represent. Obviously, it would destroy her chances.
Want: 30%
Ehh, I guess it'd be cool. I know like nothing about her though. I don't even know how well she echoes Zelda in her own game.

Impa

I doubt the idea would work, but I don't know much about this character. She's an old lady, how would she echo Sheik exactly?
I have no interest in her. Why would she be a good idea? I don't really understand the appeal here. Granted, I'm not huge on the Zelda series, but I still don't really see the need.

Nominations
FE Spear User x5

D

Deleted member

I doubt the idea would work, but I don't know much about this character. She's an old lady, how would she echo Sheik exactly?
Depending on the game, she's either young or old. If any incarnation of Impa were to be a Sheik echo, it'd be either Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Yeah, I've only played Wind Waker and BotW, so I don't really know what she can do.
The reason people typically see Impa as prime Echo material for Sheik is because all the ninja elements Sheik brings to Smash are based on the Sheikah, a tribe of which Impa is the most well-known member. While she is often depicted as a wise old sage, certain appearances (Skyward Sword in particular) portrays her as more of a warrior who directly defends Zelda.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Hilda.

Impa

Chance: 20% --> 20%

Copy and pasting what I posted last time:

Her main advantage compared to most of the requested Zelda newcomers is that she is a reoccurring character throughout her series, and she has decent popularity to back her up. At the same time, her reoccurring nature also poses her main issue. Impa has had various designs and age differences throughout the years. While there have been cases where she was depicted as a young, capable warrior (Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors), other games depict her as an old lady.
I think I'll keep it as is since it still holds true now, but there is now the added possibility that Impa could get in as a Sheik Echo, mainly as a way to keep on accentuating the Echo Fighters.

Want: 60% --> 60%

Copy and pasting what I posted last time:

Admittedly, my interest in her as a Smash fighter declined in the past year in favor of other Zelda characters, but I still think she'd be a cool addition, especially with the incorporate elements from her Hyrule Warriors moveset.
------

Abstaining from predictions.

------

Nominations

Leo (Fire Emblem): x5

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Also for QoL there will be a noms purge next month, date to be announced.
How do the nomination purges work? I personally haven't been part of Smashboards long enough to witness one...

And GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , with the Custom Robo trademark not being renewed, what do we do with Ray and his nominations (Please keep him, I'd still love to vote for him, and I literally just got out of nominating him before the news broke...) And even if we don't rate him, I personally believes his lack of trademarking would honorably place him in the graveyard instead of being forgotten. He went from being an Assist Trophy, to being absent, to being left to rot... RIP Ray. What do you think TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom ?

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
Zel-day.

Hilda
Chance: 1% (1/100) - Only because she's first-party and very easy (Dark Pit-level) Echo material. She's a one-off in her series and doesn't really bring anything new to the table as an Echo, which is the only way I could see her making the cut. Demo alts are not final and they could easily be added, removed, or altered.
Want: 0% - Nothing personal, but there are a lot of other Zelda reps I would take before her, particularly representation outside of the Triforce holders.

Impa
Chance: 6.25% (1/16) - Mostly due to Echo potential. She's also one of the only recurring characters from the Zelda series that isn't in. However, there have been a lot of changes to the existing Zelda reps, as well as the new stage, so I'm not sure how high of a priority the series is at this time.
Want: 15% - I would have no problems with her making the cut, but she's not on my priority list at the moment.

No noms.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
How do the nomination purges work? I personally haven't been part of Smashboards long enough to witness one...

And GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , with the Custom Robo trademark not being renewed, what do we do with Ray and his nominations (Please keep him, I'd still like to vote for him, and I literally just got out of nominating him before the news broke...)
The trademark seems to specifically be about Custom Robo: Battle Revolution as this guy points out. The trademark's Goods and Services lists "Compact discs and optical discs." It was only a thing for this particular Custom Robo game. Were it just "video game software" and nothing about discs, then yeah Custom Robo as a series is dead.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hilda:

Want: 50% - I don't really care if she get's in or not. The 50% is because I think we need more Zelda reps, so I guess I do care some in that regard, but I'll always go with Skull Kid first. I think it would be cool, though.

Chance: 50% - It could happen, or it could not. I can see it going either way.

Impa:

Want: 50% - What I said for Hilda.

Chance: 70% - If Zelda get's any echoes, I can see Impa being more-likely than Hilda. To be honest, though, it would be cool to see both Zelda and Sheik get echoes instead of just one of them...but I'm not sure what chance I would give for that happening...

Nominations: Minecraft Steve x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Hilda

Chance - 0.25% - Outside of a missing pallet, there is very little evidence for her inclusion, and she was never popular in the first place. Unless there really is a need for her as an echo, there's no reason to do so.

Want - 20% - Normally I'm nutrall on echos, but this just feels like a waste of space. Nobody, as far as I know, cares about her.

Impa

Chance - 65% - A reasonable echo choice. She's been popular and demanded, for giving the Zelda roster a fresh face that's not a Zelda or Link. Not enough to get in as a unique character, but definitely as an echo. Given the majority of similarities she has with Sheik, giving that would be seen as giving a bone to Zelda fans.

Want - 50% - Eh. Don't care.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Hilda:
I can't see this one happening. She's not really that popular as far as I know.

Want: 65%
I like playing Zelda, I like Link Between Worlds. She's one of the echo's higher up on the my list

Impa:
Chance: 20%
I don't think this one's happening either. Other echos would probably come first.

Want: 15%
I don't think shes getting in if she's not an echo. I'd rather have her as a unique fighter though, hence my low want score

Nominations:
Zeraora x3
Silvally x2

Last edited:
Top Bottom