• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Mipha!

Chance:5%
Her biggest problem lies in that she's equally as important as the other 3 Champions. Only way I really see her, or any other Champion in is if all 4 of them become playable somehow.

I actually see her and the other champions as a new moveset for Zelda, with Daruk's Protection replacing her neutral B, Urbosa's Fury being her Down B, Revali's Gale being her Up B, and Mipha's Grace fitting into the Side B slot.

Want: 55%
She'd be cool, and it'd be nice to have a Zora in the game, but I definitely prefer Daruk and Urbosa.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Mipha

Disclaimer: I haven't beaten BOTW yet and haven't touched the champion's ballad DLC.
Chance: 5%

Maybe we could see her happen if she got in with all the other champions sharing one slot, (unlikely) but I'm one of those people who think you can't have one in without the others.

You could argue :4charizard: but I consider that a totally different case.

Besides that, I don't think we've ever seen her fight. She's more of supporting role. Oh, and she's dead.:p

Want 0%

Nothing against her, but she's a spear wielder apparently. So if she were to get in it would make my most wanted character less unique and special.

Predictions for Steve: 24.59%

Nominations: Leon Kennedy x5

D

Deleted member

Mipha

Chance: 10%
Want: 0%

Noms:
Concept: Female announcer x5

Steve prediction: 29.41%

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Mipha
Chance: 15%
I don't think any of the Champions will be playable characters.
Want: 1%
There's plenty of other Zelda characters I rather have.

Predictions for Steve
Chance: 30%
Want: 45%

Nominations
Barbara ×3
Slime ×2

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Mipha

Chance: 3%
We do this song and dance every time. Midna was a recent Zelda character that didn't get into Brawl, Ghirahim was a recent Zelda character that didn't get into Smash 4, and now we have any one of the Champions who are recent and probably aren't getting into Smash for Switch. What's worse is now there are four different characters to consider, and they all play an equal role as fallen heroes that aid Link in his quest. They're all equally as important, but not so important characters. As far as I'm concerned nothing truly suggests that Mipha has a better or worse shot at playability than any of the other Champions. Champion Link along with the inevitable Breath of the Wild stage and any additional items or Assist Trophies will be enough to represent BotW in Smash. People also forget about the Smash Ballot. It was confirmed that they'd look at the results of the Smash Ballot for consideration regarding future Smash titles. It would make more sense to add a Zelda character that was popular on the Ballot if we're to get any surprise Zelda characters. I'll give the Zora Champion a chance of 3%.
The state of the Zelda franchise in Smash is always fun to discuss, especially if the topic is the newest Zelda game...

Want: 2%
I'm not really interested in the idea of any of the Champions becoming playable. I think their roles in Smash could be better served as Assist Trophies, a Final Smash, or part of Champion Link's moveset (or BotW Zelda if she happens to be included).

Prediction
Steve: 16.7%

Nominations
Tetra x 3
Toon Zelda x 2

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Mipha:

Chance 10%: Possible. You never know. But, doubtful. She just has too much competition and with 3 other Champions I don't see one getting in over the other 3.

Want 55%: If we got her I wouldn't be upset but there are more deserving Legend of Zelda characters such as Impa, Midna, & Skull Kid. I'd also prefer (out of the Champions) Daruk.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 5x

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mipha Chance: 0%
Simply put, if Zelda were to receive another character, it would not be any of the champions. By the time Smash Switch would've started development, they would have just been one-offs that weren't even known to the public, and even more pressing, hadn't stood the test of time. The last bit is why I'm certain Skull Kid, Midna, and Ghirahim hadn't been included in previous games: Zelda characters are full of one offs whose significance are usually minimal, even if they have a starring role (well, Skull Kid also had to compete with the likes of Zelda and Ganondorf I suppose).

... It's funny even, because two of those three (Skull Kid and Midna) stand a better chance at getting in now because they're still characters who get requested somewhat frequently (and Hyrule Warriors helps a bit), which, if anything, actually shown that they've stood the test of time despite their one off status.

If we were to get any of the champions, I'd want Daruk over the rest. Sorry Mipha.

Steve Prediction: 15%

Nominations: Gengar X5

:094:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The comparisons with Pokemon fall short when one considers that the starter Pokemon are already unequally popular in their home games, which led to them becoming more (or less) significant over time within their series. Charizard is a great example, because he has always been leagues more popular than Blastoise and Venusaur, which led to him getting a more prominent role in the anime and the games as time went on (see: two Mega evolutions).

The champions, however, are of similar significance in their home game. Further, popularity of any given candidate is largely irrelevant when one considers that Sakurai would have had to choose the character before their game's release.

A champion is less significant individually to Breath of the Wild than Midna was to Twilight Princess and Fi was to Skyward Sword. To call any of these characters likely when one considers the circumstances surrounding them is, frankly, absurd. It's making conclusions based on desire rather than on actual evidence.
You said that Pokemon starters are different than the Champions because they're unequally popular and promoted more over the others.

So how does that work with Greninja being chosen in 2012, a full year before X and Y came out?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You said that Pokemon starters are different than the Champions because they're unequally popular and promoted more over the others.

So how does that work with Greninja being chosen in 2012, a full year before X and Y came out?
It's very possible that Greninja was planned from the beginning to be promoted over the rest. The moment Ash came to Kalos, Froakie was by Ash's side so it was likely decided quite early.

Mean while the champions have been promoted as equals since the beginning, they got amiibo at the same time, they all got special treatment in the DLC, there was never a moment where one truly outshone the others.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mipha

BotW was a huge success and helped to push the Switch immensely at launch. And we already know that there's going to be some BotW content in this newest iteration of Smash since Link will have his Champion's garb. Zelda will more than likely also have her design based on BotW as well.

With that said the game did introduce a few new characters that resonated well with the Zelda fanbase, however the problem is that a lot of these characters didn't really stand out on their own. All four champions got more or less the same promotion as the others while a few other NPCs such as Sidon and Kass were also quite popular with the fans as well. Mipha being one of the four champions from the game I feel has about as much of a chance as the other champions. Though I feel she has an edge over the others since she would use a unique weapon with her trident. She is also arguably one of the more popular of the four champions mainly due to her implied relationship with Link within the game.

TBH, I don't see Sakurai going for either of the Champions since there were all treated with about the same amount of attention as the others, and even though some are more popular than others, none of them really stand out enough to really be considered a contender at least in my eyes. I don't think we won't get her in some fashion, perhaps an assist trophy at best but as a playable fighter, not very likely.

----

Want: 30%
I like the Zoras as a race and Mipha's trident could potentially be the most unique of the four champions' weapons. However despite being a potentially unique fighter, I found Mipha as a character very uninteresting even though her story seemed the most tragic.

And of course when it comes to Zelda characters there are plenty of others I'd prefer, Midna of course being my most wanted character overall and characters like Impa and Skull Kid also rank highly.

----

Steve-21.34%

----

Lara Croft x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mipha

BotW was a huge success and helped to push the Switch immensely at launch. And we already know that there's going to be some BotW content in this newest iteration of Smash since Link will have his Champion's garb. Zelda will more than likely also have her design based on BotW as well.

With that said the game did introduce a few new characters that resonated well with the Zelda fanbase, however the problem is that a lot of these characters didn't really stand out on their own. All four champions got more or less the same promotion as the others while a few other NPCs such as Sidon and Kass were also quite popular with the fans as well. Mipha being one of the four champions from the game I feel has about as much of a chance as the other champions. Though I feel she has an edge over the others since she would use a unique weapon with her trident. She is also arguably one of the more popular of the four champions mainly due to her implied relationship with Link within the game.

TBH, I don't see Sakurai going for either of the Champions since there were all treated with about the same amount of attention as the others, and even though some are more popular than others, none of them really stand out enough to really be considered a contender at least in my eyes. I don't think we won't get her in some fashion, perhaps an assist trophy at best but as a playable fighter, not very likely.

----

I like the Zoras as a race and Mipha's trident could potentially be the most unique of the four champions' weapons. However despite being a potentially unique fighter, I found Mipha as a character very uninteresting even though her story seemed the most tragic.

And of course when it comes to Zelda characters there are plenty of others I'd prefer, Midna of course being my most wanted character overall and characters like Impa and Skull Kid also rank highly.

----

Steve-21.34%

----

Lara Croft x5
Lara Croft I believe is already locked in to be rated. So you can change your nominations I think.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Mipha's doing pretty bad, huh?

Oh well. In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by this. I knew a lot of people would be pessimistic with her chances due to there being four Champions of equal importance, and I expected more popular characters like Impa and Skull Kid to really eat away at her want score. I was hoping the post I made would convince people to look at Mipha differently, but sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Still, I'm surprised at how much pure spite a few people here have with Mipha and the Champions, especially TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom himself. Giving Mipha, a character from a recent and successful first-party Nintendo game, double zeroes and saying that Blue Bowser would be a better choice? That's a little cold and excessive for a non-joke character, don't you think?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Chance: 12%
Even though I believe in a lot of points Cosmic77 made in their analysis, I cannot give Mipha a score as high as they did for the simple reason that I think the Champions all have an equal-ish shot. 8% might seem low for Mipha, but it assumes that there is a 30ish% chance of a champion entering the fray, equally divided across the four.

I cannot convincingly pick Mipha over the others, as their differences are all very slight but I do think Mipha has the edge.

Daruk, Goron Champion, is a heavyweight with a weapon unrepresented in Smash yet. He also has the legacy and moves of the Goron tribe under his belt and his shield has shown to be quite versatile.
Unlike the Zora Tribe, the Goron tribe has a consistent design matching Daruk and are more combat ready than Zoras.

Urbosa might seem the most boring one of the four by virtue of her weapon being a sword-and-shield combo.
However, this combo allows Urbosa to pull of a variety of combat moves from Breath of the Wild, as shown in the DLC cutscene, where she shield bashes a Yiga Clan member. Her shield allows her to shield surf and her affinity with electricity is potentionally the most versatile Champion ability of all and could even mesh with her metal sword and shield like some puzzles in Vah Naboris.

Revali is a polar opposite of himself. On one hand, the Rito tribe quest has nothing to offer and his Revali's Gale can be seen as the most obvious, yet boring Up B. On the other hand, the archery aspect got a lot of love in Breath of the Wild and his personality and moveset are quite obvious

Mipha has a lot to offer.
Her Zora tribe is a recurring tribe in the Zelda series.
Her healing power is one of the more versatile and unique ones.
Her spear is a weapon never seen before in Smash
Vah Ruta's ice attacks give Mipha a reason to use Cryonis to further enhance the defensive playstyle

Due to this, I do think Mipha has a slight upper-hand over other Champions, which is why I give her 12%

Want: 50%
Meh.

Lemme try and make a moveset

B: Heal
Side B: Cryonis
Up B: Waterfall Swim
Down B: Mipha's Grace (But its the part where you don't die instead of the heal, aka possible super armor on command)

Even worse than I thought

I'm in the mood, here comes Daruk

B: Boulder Breaker (But it breaks shields)
Side B: Ready to Roll!
Up B: Cannonball
Down B: Daruk's Protection

Playstyle: Keep away, threatening with disjoints, flustered up close. Standard heavyweight stuff, really.

And Revali

B: Bomb Arrow
Side B: Revali's Gust (Aimable curve of wind)
Up B: Revali's Gale
Down B: Revali's Flight

Windbox Boogaloo, featuring highly explosive arrows and regular arrows to pester

Urbosa

B: Parry (The kind of stuff Link does in BoTW. Default is Shield Bash but you can adjust the control stick for stuff like Flurry Rush)
Side B: Shield Surf
Up B: Gerudo Moon (It's Aether, but the thrown-up sword + lightning can give you some cool stuff)
Down B: Urbosa's Fury

Anyway she boring in-game

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Mipha
Yeah she isn't happing for multiple reasons
  • all or none of the champions
  • wasn't as big of a charcter in Zelda as say Skull Kid and Midna
  • Zelda hasn't had a new rep in two games and many others should take prioty
so chance at 5%
Want
give us skull kid and other bigger chacters to the zelda francise then I would be on board
20%

nominating labo guy x5

Predicting steve at 29%

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Mipha

Chance: 2%
Simply put, she's just one of a team of four. Their character comes in being together, not separated. The champions are like the Koopalings. Would you add only ONE Koopaling? On top of that, she's a one-off character, which according to Sakurai, doesn't do her any favors. As of now, the only Zelda characters that really stand a chance are Skull Kid and Pig Ganon.

Personally, I don't find her very interesting. Sure she has a trident, which will work Identically to a spear, but if we're most likely getting Bandana Waddle Dee and probably some kind of spear using FE character of the month, then I see no reason to TRIPLE down on this weapon type purely because we haven't gotten any yet, and honestly, if I wanted a Zora character to be playable, I would MUCH rather have Princess Ruto, as she could have a more unique dancing themed fighting style to her. However, all of this is trumped even further by the fact that my most wanted Zelda character is Skull Kid, which has way more potential for a unique and interesting moveset.

Predictions: Steve: around 20%

Nominations: Louie x5

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Mipha

Chance: 30% - If Sakurai's looking for a new Zelda character to add in, I'd go as far as to say that Mipha is one of the more likely candidates. She has a unique weapon and set of abilities to use, and in Breath of the Wild, she's shown to have a strong connection with Link. The only Champion I feel may have a better chance than her would be Urbosa.

Want: 50% - Mipha would be nice to see, and I'm all for the Zelda series getting more characters. She wouldn't be my first pick, but I certainly wouldn't object to her either.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Mipha
Chances: 15%
Want: 35%

I just do not see any of the champions making it since other characters like these have just never made the cut (ex. midna, ghirahim, etc.). Mipha is my favorite champion but I would also rather see other zelda characters make it.

Nomination: Linkle X5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How much do you want to bet that if a Champion is chosen over the others, most of these people giving double zeroes will backpedal and say it was so obvious? :smirk:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How much do you want to bet that if a Champion is chosen over the others, most of these people giving double zeroes will backpedal and say it was so obvious? :smirk:
We may well be getting a new Zelda character, and despite their lack of seniority the champions are perfectly poised to get in. I'm not going to doubt that.

However, that still doesn't make me consider Mipha as anything but the worst character out of the lot. She has too many points that irritate me, and the only thing she has over the rest is a unique weapon that nobody in Smash has. I'm only speaking for myself, but I'd take Urbosa as a Link clone over a unique Mipha any day since she's that much better of a character.

Still breaking up the set of four will be difficult, as every bit of marketing for Breath of the Wild made all four of equal importance. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see all four get into Smash including Mipha, but there's no way they'd add four Zelda newcomers. I think a better bet may be Impa or possibly even Midna - Her assist came up on her day, but it is impressive that she went from nothing in Brawl (which was timed perfectly) to an assist eight years after her game - and HW and its spinoffs and her remake hadn't released yet.

They may need time to see if the characters take hold in the fanbase, which is another reason I think Midna got promoted between Smashes is they saw her incredible popularity.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think a better bet may be Impa or possibly even Midna - Her assist came up on her day, but it is impressive that she went from nothing in Brawl (which was timed perfectly) to an assist eight years after her game - and HW and its spinoffs and her remake hadn't released yet.

They may need time to see if the characters take hold in the fanbase, which is another reason I think Midna got promoted between Smashes is they saw her incredible popularity.
If Sakurai adds either Impa or Midna, his timing will be questionable to say the least.

Impa was already recurring and extremely relevant when Skyward Sword was released, so don't even ask me what changed since then that would make him want to consider adding her now. As for Midna, it just doesn't make sense at all. Seriously, what would be the point in Sakurai changing Link's iconic Twilight Princess look to the new BotW version if he was just going to add a Twilight Princess rep anyway? He might as well have just kept it the same.

Honestly, I don't think the Champions have to prove anything to Sakurai. They're relevant from a game that was expected to do extremely well, and that should be good enough. If he can take a risk with an unreleased Pokemon and FE character, why should he treat Zelda any different?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If Sakurai adds either Impa or Midna, his timing will be questionable to say the least.
I'm not denying that in the slightest. But I've always felt that Sakurai has done many questionable things with the Zelda series, and I believe the Zelda representation in Smash should be much bigger than it is. Not that I believe either are guaranteed to get in. I'd assume he's going to be interested in adding a Zelda character, not see a clear frontrunner, and then decide not to in the first place. I think the biggest chance of something happening here is that he changes Link's and Zelda's clothes and maybe makes a new costume for Ganondorf, then says "welp, I've done something for Zelda, next topic."

And something did change - Hyrule Warriors was too late for that last Smash game. No clue how they'll use that since spin-offs are generally not looked at for ideas, but that game is the genesis of most peoples' Zelda movesets, not to mention most people would prefer a HW Impa over any other incarnation.

Honestly, I don't think the Champions have to prove anything to Sakurai. They're relevant from a game that was expected to do extremely well, and that should be good enough. If he can take a risk with an unreleased Pokemon and FE character, why should he treat Zelda any different?
He always treats Fire Emblem better than other series, and I'm still convinced he's biased against Zelda. If I were directing, I'd put all four champions in in a heartbeat - We should absolutely have a spear-based moveset in the game, we're low on heavyweights, it'd be a fun challenge to make a purely bow-based moveset since Pit detaches the blades, and I'd keep Link as he is, so all of the new sword-and-shield moves from BotW (including the parries and the right handedness) need to go somewhere. After all, it's always easiest to imagine movesets for characters you like.

But again on the Pokémon, they are not all equal. Game Freak and The Pokémon Company will usually promote them unequally, which is why we got Lucario instead of any other Gen 4 mons. They did take a chance on Greninja, but we also don't know if GF had planned to go as far with him as they were - and they ended up pushing Greninja in all of the marketing like there was no tomorrow. The champions, however, are all treated throughout the game and marketing as completely equal in every way, which even ends up being a part of Revali's personality since he's not seen as special.

EDIT: Added something

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lara Croft I believe is already locked in to be rated. So you can change your nominations I think.
Oh...Didn't realise next week's topics were already locked.

Either way I'm not planning on sticking around for much longer after Lara's day is done so there's no real need for me to nominate anyone else.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mipha
Chance: 10%
She's pretty much in the same boat as the other Zelda one-shots, she has a chance due to being an important character in her game, but being a candidate in competition with other popular/notable characters (including the other three champions) in a franchise that isn't known for its inclusion of non-recurring characters does hurt her. With that said, BotW seems to be more influential on Smash Switch, so she can very well be given a look and potentially picked if Sakurai feels the character is interesting enough.

Want: 70%
Preference-wise, I prefer Revali and Urbosa since both have combat abilities that would make them more interesting to me, but I would not mind her in the slightest though and she could be fun with her water abilities and trident.

Nomination: Monster Hunter Character x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mipha chances: 7%
I could imagine Sakurai wanting to add a playable Champion in Smash for the sake of one, and basically I think she has two filters to go through: having a playable champion, and being chosen as the one champion to be playable in Smash. One-off character historically had trouble getting in Smash, Sheik did it thanks to special circumstances in Melee, and while we could imagine that Sakurai might want to add a playable Champion as a BotW representative (asides from Link's new design) with him anticipating how much of a big deal that game would be, it's not guaranteed either; maybe it could be considered but put lower priority than other characters. Also she has to go through the filter of being the one champion chosen for playable role; I'm not sure which one seems the most likely though. Her power in the game being about healing doesn't translate into moveset potential, though.

Mipha want: 28%
As much as I lked BotW, I'm not necessarily asking for playable representation of it beyond a new costume for Link and Zelda, although I wouldn't be against it either. At the very least though I think we should get one of the champions as an Assist Trophy if not playable; the one I imagine being Urbosa using her furry.

Steve prediction: 26.31%
This is, well, going to be interesting.

Nominating:
Returning fighter: Bayonetta x4
Concept: Battlefield form stages x1

Saving Bayo from the purge, and trying to save the Battlefield form stages concept too. This means I really need to not miss any day before the E3 schedule. After that I'll go back nominating Smash Run if it's not revealed at E3.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I'd be legitimately surprised, and you can hold me to that. That being said, I'm really looking forward to the dunkfest ITT when low rated characters get confirmed/high rated characters get deconfirmed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd be legitimately surprised, and you can hold me to that. That being said, I'm really looking forward to the dunkfest ITT when low rated characters get confirmed/high rated characters get deconfirmed.
I mean that's pretty much a Rate Their Chances tradition at this point. :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
mipha

chances: 10% i dont sakurai wants to put in any zelda character that aint one of the main three

want: 75% zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda zelda

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Well I am going to state now that none of the champions will make it in. In like 4-8 months you will see me right.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well I am going to state now that none of the champions will make it in. In like 4-8 months you will see me right.
Hey man, I don't believe they're coming either, but making definitive posts like this will mean a hell of a lot of egg on your face if Sakurai pulls one of his patented Sakurai surprises.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey man, I don't believe they're coming either, but making definitive posts like this will mean a hell of a lot of egg on your face if Sakurai pulls one of his patented Sakurai surprises.

But I’m gonna be right.

D

Deleted member

Mipha

Chance: 2%

I really don't see what puts the Champions in a better position than Midna was in Brawl, or Ghirahim was in Smash 4. And I say this as the guy who gave the latter a 50% chance rating in the Smash 4 pre-release edition of RTC.

Could be cool, but there are other Zelda characters I'd prefer.

Nomination: Bayonetta x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Mipha

Chance: 6.25%

This is that low because I don't think any of the champions is more likely than the other three. I'm also fairly doubtful we'll get one. They're the newest Zelda flavors of the month and for whatever reason those have had trouble getting in thus far, and I'm not sure the champions will catch Sakurai's eye. Plus I'd argue the fact that there's four of them might actually make them in a worse position than some past choices were in; like, someone like Midna would be the obvious pick if her specific game were represented, but four characters of about equal importance and promotion makes things a little more complicated in my opinion. Plus then there's just a general large amount of competition and my uncertainty of Zelda even getting someone else. That said it's definitely not impossible, Zelda's a huge series and there's been plenty of demand for a new character, and there's always a chance Salurai finally does decide to include someone from the new game. I'd give about 25% total chance to the champions, with it divided equally among the four because I could see it going any way if it happens. Thus a more unusual chance score than normal.

Want: 50%

I'm completely indifferent. I have Breath of the Wild, but have yet to form any real opinion on any of the champions. A Zora character would be admittedly neat, though she's not even the only choice I can think of so that's not enough for more than indifference just yet.

Steve prediction: 17.53%

Nominations: Corrin x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Oh all the talk on weapon types got me a bit more hyped for Monster Hunter. Sword & Shield, Lances, Hammer, Bowgun, Long Sword, Switch Axe. If Fire Emblem keeps failing to produce anything more interesting than sword users, bring on the famous animal abusers with their arsenal.

Just wait for the...

"Blue Bowser always flew under the radar, I didn't understand how and why people confused him as a color swap or someone not important the very history of the gaming industry of deleted secrets.

And Lucas The Wizard is the perfect "wtf" addition for this time around. Not sure why nobody took his day serious!!!"

from people wanting to look like they knew it all along.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I really wish this idea of what weapon a character uses makes them more or less interesting would die. Weapons are tools, so it's not what they use but how they use them. Seriously if the only thing interesting about a character is that they don't use a sword then they actually aren't that interesting.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I adjusted my chance score for Mipha.

I mean that's pretty much a Rate Their Chances tradition at this point. :p
That, and joke nominations like Owain or Chancellor Cole

Speaking of which, I'll miss those. Due to the shorter hype cycle and higher intensity of news I don't think we'll have much time for the memes and dreams.

I really wish this idea of what weapon a character uses makes them more or less interesting would die. Weapons are tools, so it's not what they use but how they use them. Seriously if the only thing interesting about a character is that they don't use a sword then they actually aren't that interesting.
Spears automatically mean longer, but thinner hitboxes, with more blindspots but longer reach than a sword or even most fistfighters.
I think weapons do contribute to the uniqueness of a character, although it is not the be-all

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Champion's have some pretty nice themes. Might as well play Mipha's for today:

Mipha

Chance: 15%

Mipha has the advantage of relevancy being on her side with BotW's recent release. Add to her prominence in BotW because of her Champion status and the potential of bringing a true spear-based moveset, and things seem good for her.

But like other candidates from the Zelda franchise, she suffers from being a one-timer who will probably lose relevancy by the next Smash game. For that, I don't think she's that likely.

Also, considering how each of the Champions had equal screentime in BotW, I feel that it would be odd to pick one or a few and leave the others out when it comes to being playable. For that, it seems more likely Mipha and the other Champions could be Assist Trophies in a realistic sense.

Everything I just said about Mipha applies to the other Champions as well.

The spear-fighting aspect to her makes her interesting, and so would her healing skills, but she compared to the other Champions, she's on the lower end for me. As tragic as her backstory and how cute her relationship with Link was, I didn't find myself getting attached to her compared to the likes of Revali or Urbosa. Her rather poor voice acting was also part of why I came to think of her that way.

When it comes to Zelda reps, my top preferences are Revali and Tetra.

------

Predictions

Steve (Minecraft): 24.31%

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

-----

Nominations

Bayonetta (Bayonetta): x5

Just to save her from the nomination chopping block.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I might throw in some joke characters for the final countdown so that things are dumb. Like Chancellor Cole, Yarne Owain tag team, and Brash the Bear.

Top Bottom