• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

Spyro the Dragon

Chance: 1%

Unlike his orange marsupial counterpart Crash, Spyro never took off or had much of a presence in Japan. And while the upcoming remake will be Spyro's first Japanese release since Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure in 2013, it'd be too late to affect Smash 5's base roster, even if it does change anything.

Want: 90%

I have my concerns about Spyro's moveset potential being limited from Sakurai's perspective due to the titular dragon's aforementioned limited Japanese presence, but I'd be pleased to see him make it in regardless.

Nomination: [Rerate] Rex and Pyra x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Spyro Chance: 0%
His lack of presence in Japan alone is a killer to his chances. And then there's the fact that he's barely requested. And the trilogy remake was most definitely too late to hold any relevance... yeah, not happening.

Want: 0%

Mimikyu Prediction: 40%

Nominations: Rex/ Pyra (rerate) X5

:094:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
There is one other problem with Spyro though - how well he'd be received. Spyro may be a 90's character, but he is a purple dragon, and I can see a major revolt against him simply for not being Ridley. There was already enough grumbling about Charizard's purple recolor. If Nintendo chose to put in a third-party purple dragon before making Ridley playable, I could actually see that putting off quite a few fans. That would truly be a slap in the face. Because of that reason, I have to tell Spyro to sit and wait for the other guy to get in first.
To be fair if people would feel it's a "slap in the face" based on nothing but a few superficial similarities then they are ones causing their own problems. Ridley and Spyro have no bearing on each other and to say that Ridley not getting in but Spyro did somehow being unfair to Ridley is just dumb. If Sakurai went on record and said he can't realize Spyro because his size is integral to the character and then the next game added him but not Ridley yeah ok then people can be pissed but in any other scenario they would just be acting ridiculous.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Spyro
Chance - 16%
3rd party, iconic, not the most popular
Want - 90%
He's cool, unique looking from cast, and he has history

Nominations 5x Pikmin Newcomer

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Spyro

Chance: 1%

Anyone who still believes in that leak is delusional.

Want: 0%

No attachment to the character and there are better deserving third parties like Rayman, Bomberman, and Crash

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Spyro: Finally free of the dark chains of Skylanders

Chance: 5%
There is no doubting how popular Spyro is among western fans of the 90s/early 00s, just look at how people reacted to the Reignited trilogy announcement around here and other sites to see how beloved of a character he is (hell, it was not uncommon to have half the page with users using Spyro icons a few weeks ago). However, I feel that despite that huge amount of love that the west feels for him, he's still has some major issues holding him back.

The first is that the remakes that reignited interest in the character was just revealed to be coming out this year, and while that's a notable thing, that's highly raises the chances Sakurai hasn't heard about the remakes since it wasn't on the public radar until recently and we can't count on Activision making him aware of it. Secondly, while he could rely on Skylanders, that series heavily downplays him as a character so it wouldn't be a good launching point for him since he'd be a face among many. Finally, the character doesn't have that much popularity in Japan as the localization of his original two games are awful and turned off the region to the character and his franchise as a whole. To put it into perspective, they haven't localized a fair chunk of his games and they never got Year of the Dragon, the final game of his trilogy, that's not a good sign for his popularity in the region if they skipped the final part of what makes Spyro such a beloved character among the west.

In short, Spyro's popularity gets severely limited by his lack of popularity in Japan, and his claim to fame (the Reignited trilogy) may've come to late to make a mark. As much as many would like to see this little dragon join the fight, it doesn't look good for the poor guy.

Want: 100%
I am one of those fans who would love to see him in the game. The Spyro games were some of my childhood favorites, they were the main reason I got a PS1 and I played the last two games to 100% completion, something I rarely did as a kid. Spyro will always be a character that while I don't expect to see, I would love to see, so if he could defy all odds I'd be so happy to have him.

Nomination: Monster Hunter Character x5

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Spyro

Chance: 15% - This is including DLC, because otherwise his chances shrink to a measly 5%. Spyro's in both a better and worst position than Crash right now. On one hand, he didn't have the long hiatus period Crash did thanks to Skylanders, for better or worse. On the other, this dinky dragon never really caught on in Japan like his bandicoot bretheren did. However, if Crash does end up making it, which isn't too unlikely, I think it's very possible that Activision could push to have Spyro added as well. The chance is there for Spyro to enter Smash. But the only way he'll get in is through the bandicoot-shaped hole in the door.

Want: 80% - While he may not be my most wanted purple dragon candidate, Spyro would be a great addition, and though I've not played his games, friends of mine have and they'd freak if he got in. If Crash gets in Smash, this'll shoot up even higher, as those two just feel right being side-by-side.

Predictions

Mimikyu: 39.18% - Ah yes, the last of the Gen 7 Pokemon candidates (barring dark horse Tapu Koko) rears it's little stuffed head. I figure something a bit higher than Lycanroc's chances are in order, but not quite as high as Decidueye's. Will be interesting to see how all three compare across want and chance when all's said and done.

Nominations

Scorpion x 5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Spyro

Chance: 1% - I find Spyro's chances to be highly unlikely.

Want: 0% - No interest in Spyro, nor am I a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

D

Deleted member

I'm baffled by the fact people are literally, unironically opposed to Spyro because he's a purple dragon that isn't Ridley.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm baffled by the fact people are literally, unironically opposed to Spyro because he's a purple dragon that isn't Ridley.
Doesn't surprise me at all. This is actually pretty understandable compared to other comparisons I've seen. There were people who were legitimately ticked off when they realized that Roy Koopa was in Smash 4's base roster but not Roy from FE.

It's pretty sad to think there were people who showed more hate to Roy Koopa, a character who's design and moveset isn't even remotely close to Roy's, than they did with Lucina.

D

Deleted member

It reminds me of when back during Smash 4 speculation, people were opposed to Shulk because he was a blond RPG protagonist not named Isaac. The two were seen by some (myself not included) as "competition" because of that.

But this isn't Shulk's or Isaac's day, so let's not go too off-topic.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How is this any different from the people who are opposed to any more swordsmen because "we have enough Marth clones."

It also seems like most people who are mentioning that also have several other reasons that they are not favoring Spyro, namely that they prefer Crash, or are opposed to third parties in general, or that he's not as popular in the East.

It's really easy to grab onto a simple argument, but to discount everything except that one does seem like bias in the other direction.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Spyro

Chances: 5%
He just doesn't hold that much priority compared to other possible third parties. Not to mention his new remakes are probably too late to include in smash.

Want: 2%
Never really been too fond of the spyro series. I never disliked it, but I never really cared about it either. Also I honestly wouldn't want anymore third parties added to the roster, unless it was DOOMguy or something.

Nominations: Louie x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Spyro

Chance- 20%
I can see it happening under the conditions that Nintendo approaches Activision for Crash DLC, and Activision gives the rights to the character/ suggests to Nintendo that they use him too, and Nintendo is on board with it. Spyro has the issue of being in Crashs shadow, and while he was the mascot for Skylanders he kinda got shoved aside to the newer characters. It could happen, but I wouldnt count on it.

Want- 30%
I don't have any emotional attachment to Spyro. My brother got me the Gamecube version back in the day but I didn't play it much. Back on the PS1 I had Crash but no Spyro. I can think of 3rd parties I want less, but Spyro is far from the top of my wishlist.

Mimikyu- 28.43%

Steve Minecraft X 4
Thwomp X 1

D

Deleted member

3 replies holy ****
How is this any different from the people who are opposed to any more swordsmen because "we have enough Marth clones."
Two wrongs don't make a right, imo.
It also seems like most people who are mentioning that also have several other reasons that they are not favoring Spyro, namely that they prefer Crash, or are opposed to third parties in general, or that he's not as popular in the East.

It's really easy to grab onto a simple argument, but to discount everything except that one does seem like bias in the other direction.
I never discounted them. I'm aware that some people have other reasons to not want Spyro in, and I understand it's their opinions even if I don't agree with them.
This one in particular just seems really silly, and I only commented on it because others have brought it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Baby Ridley

I know what you're thinking, and yes, this does include the possibility of DLC. The posters in this thread have already brought up a whole host of reasons Spyro barely stands a chance: nonexistent popularity overseas; being basically MIA throughout the past decade bar Skylanders (lol) and his remaster, which is no doubt too late to consider for anything but DLC; stiff competition with any other third-party, chiefly Crash, who's definitely getting in before Spyro, is strictly more iconic, and also got a remaster within this console generation; etc. Things just don't look good for Spyro, although that should be old news to anyone who's been following the franchise recently. The only chance he's got in my book is as DLC, and as a package deal with Crash at that, which may take a miracle.

Want: 50%
The only Spyro game I played was Enter the Dragonfly on the Gamecube when I was 5, and although I hardly remember any of it, Spyro was charming enough to me, and I'd be interested in seeing how he'd play in Smash. Who knows, flying around the stage, charging at enemies, and spewing fire all the while could be fun. Besides, seeing one purple dragon get in over another would inevitably result in a glorious saltmine courtesy of the Ridley fanboys (if this thread is any indication, anyway), and even if I don't enjoy playing as him, I'd still revel in that nonsense regardless.

Mimikyu Prediction: 23.01%

Nominating Sylux x5

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Spyro

I don’t see it happening. Spyro is decently popular, but isn’t really hugely popular, even in comparison to other third party choices like Crash. The only scenario where I can see him getting in is if Crash gets in, and then Spyro does after him... but I don’t think Crash is super likely either, and even if he did come in, I can’t really see Spyro happening.

Want: 10%
I haven’t played all of Spyro’s games, but most of them are pretty fun. So he’d be neat to see. Also, like always, every character has fans, so I want him in for their sake! I’m not really asking for him, but he’d be a neat addition.

-----

Mimikyu chance prediction: 21.89%

Nomination:

DeMille x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I never discounted them. I'm aware that some people have other reasons to not want Spyro in, and I understand it's their opinions even if I don't agree with them.
This one in particular just seems really silly, and I only commented on it because others have brought it up.
If it makes you feel better, that single factor really isn't influencing my opinion much.

I'm reasonably biased against third-parties, with a select few exceptions that I will admit are purely hypocritical. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if my exceptions don't get in, because I'll be the first to admit they don't belong.

I didn't grow up with a PlayStation. I really don't know much about Spyro beyond him being a Sony character, and therefore I feel he'd fit better in PlayStation All-Stars, not Nintendo All-Stars. I didn't even realize he was related to the Skylanders series until the last round of speculation just because Skylanders really didn't promote him much. Thus, any nostalgia factor is wasted on me. I can't conceive playing this game with the assumption that there is an unlimited roster size and unlimited development time, so I will naturally disfavor characters who don't have much of an impact on me personally.

Honestly, this is why I prefer rating concepts. There's a lot more discussion that doesn't involve 'silly' arguments or even biased arguments of the "I don't like this character (or their fanbase) so I think they have zero chance as well" style - or the opposite "I love this character, so I believe they'll definitely be in because I know how to cherry pick arguments and ignore things that could be against them." And we all engage in that, myself included.

The only reason I mention that Spyro looks like a baby Ridley would be that I don't care for the trolling that would come out of that. You know, the sort that would have people saying "Oh, I want Spyro to get in and not Ridley just because I could laugh at all the salty fanboiz trololololo"

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The only reason I mention that Spyro looks like a baby Ridley would be that I don't care for the trolling that would come out of that. You know, the sort that would have people saying "Oh, I want Spyro to get in and not Ridley just because I could laugh at all the salty fanboiz trololololo"
@ me next time, fam.
Ironically enough, the only reason I even included that as part of my Want score was because you mentioned it.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Spyro
Chances: 50%
Want: 100%

He is a great Character, and in my opinion have the same chances as Crash!

Nomination: Agumon x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Spyro

Chance - 2.5% - I think the remakes came in too late to be noticed. Otherwise, Skylanders did decently but I don't think they're around anymore. While he might have been popular at the time the roster was chosen, I don't think he was that popular. I honestly can't think of a good reason he would be picked.

Want - 40% - Young me had one of his Game boy Color games, though I believe young-me wasn't able to understand what was going on. I don't have much attachment to him, and I'm not exactly sure he's up-to-snuff.

Prediction

Mimikyu - 13.23% - I don't know...

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Please take pity on me and do not just pop in and give Spyro Double Zeros. That would be soul crushing.
Even more tempting nyaaaaaa~ :nifty:
Double zeros for today nya!

Spyro
Chance: 10%
He's an iconic character, but with his games doing poor in Japan, I'd say he's less likely than Crash nya, and I can't see both of them magically nyappearing together nya.

Want: 60%
Nyo objections, but I'm nyot asking for him either nya. I do like fire though, and dragons spew fire... so bonus points nya~

Nyominations
Eevee: x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Spyro

Chance: 4.5%

- Having practically no presence in Japan certainly hurts his chances and he would be in direct competition with an even bigger “dragon” err...space pirate who is far more requested.

Want: 14%

- Not a priority but I wouldn’t mind Spyro at all.

Prediction

Mimikyu: 19.5%

- It’s one of the most popular Gen 7 Pokemon.

Nomination

Neptune (Neptunia Series) x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spyro the Dragon Chance: 20%

He's got a large following in the West, and I'd say at least a fair amount of fame as a gaming icon. His recent return in HD remastered form has already reignited (heheh) his popularity, and certainly puts him back in the spotlight for the time being. However, with how recent it was, as well as his considerably lower popularity in Japan, along with being a third-party (which a bit more.......wonky, when it comes to bringing them into Smash, if that makes any sense at all) I don't think the odds are in his favor.

Sure, Little Mac has shown high western popularity can help bring you in, regardless of lower Japan popularity, but it's hard to say if the same can hold true for a character belonging to a different company. If Sakurai finds enough interest in the character to want to try bringing him into Smash, then I could see it happening via DLC. By now, however, I don't think he'll be in the default game, and his overall chances still aren't particularly high. He's far from impossible, but he's not one of the more likely candidates, either, in my opinion.

If I could have only two more third party newcomers in the Smash series from here on out, they'd be Spyro and Shovel Knight. I may not have ever played the original games, but I loved the Eternal Night and always wanted to experience the series as a whole. I really liked the little guy, and you can safely bet that I'm planning to get the Reignited Trilogy whenever possible so that I can finally see the character's beginning. I would be more than happy to welcome Spyro into the Smash family.

Mimikyu Prediction: 38%

Nominations: Tetra x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Spyro
Chance: 2% - Activision wouldn't even let Crash Bandicoot into Playstation All Stars Battle Royale despite the fact that he's practically a Sony Icon. They appear to be very stingy with their licences. It also doesn't help that Spyro's not big in Japan.

Mimikyu prediction: 23%

Nominations: Eevee x5

Spyro

Chance:
I don't have high hopes. While Skylanders was a nice flash in the pan, the spyro games have an awkward history in Japan that I assume other people ahve gone over before. It's a shame, but that's reality.

As for the Reignited trilogy, it's way too late for that to be relevant. And I don't think it would be enough for DLC either

Want: 70%
Not as much as the often compared Crash, but still pretty high. Spyro 2 was my very first game, so I love the guy

D

Deleted member

Spyro

Chance: 2%
Chances ride on Skylanders since Reignited is late & he's not popular in Japan either. Who knows, we got DK and Bowser in Skylanders, so maybe Spyro in Smash? I don't see it happening though.

Want: 80%
I love Spyro.

Nominating Excitebiker x5

Mimikyu Prediction: 16.4%

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Spyro

Chance 15%: Possible but not likely at least as far as base game is concerned.

Want 10%: He really should have been in Playstation Allstars: Battle Royal and I still feel it would be wrong if he and Crash appear in Smash Bros before Playstation Allstars.

Nominations:
Masked Link 2x
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) 2x
No Mega Evolutions 1x

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
NOMINATION UPDATE

Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x236
Urban Champion x235
Sylux x235
Travis Touchdown x234
Mipha x233
Agumon x231
Dark Samus x230

Over 200:

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x225
Pyra/Mythra x217
Masked Link x216
Lip x212
Gengar x200

199-150

Concept: Skyrim representation x195
Kamek x188
Excitebiker x188
Cranky Kong x186
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x185
Wonder Red x182
Parabo & Satebo x174
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x166
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Linkle x150
Lloyd Irving x150

149-100

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Papyrus x143
Ryu Hayabusa x140
Neku Sakaruba x139
Sable Prince x138
Sakura Shinguji x133
Tingle x133
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x130
Thwomp x128
Steve x126
Katrielle Layton x120
Tetra x117
Tsubasa Oribe x115
Scorpion x113
Fawful x111
Octoling x110
Lara Croft x104
Django x100

99-75

Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x97
Slippy Toad x95
Barbara x93
2B x91
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x78
DeMille x78
Labo-related character x76
Fjorm x75
Klonoa x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Ray x73
Veteran: Corrin x72
Smash Run x71
Stage: New Donk City x70
Primarina x70
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x65
Arcade Bunny x65
Leon Kennedy x65
Starfy x64
Zeraora (Pokémon) x63
Balloon Fighter x62
Tails x55
Gooey x54
Tora & Poppi x52
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Toon Zelda x49
Rick/Coo/Kine x45
Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x45
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x45
[Rerate] King K. Rool x45
Concept: Wars character x43
Dragonite x42
Concept: Monster Hunter character x40
Slime x39
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Louie x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Viridi x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Breidablik Item x32
9-Volt x31
Concept: Transformation characters x30
Concept: Female Announcer x30
Snorlax x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
Mach Rider x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Endou Mamoru x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Ayumi Tachibana x25

24 and less:

[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x20
T-Rex x20
Eevee x20
Solaire x18
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x17
Yu Narakumi x17
Nikki x15
Meowth x15
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
Joker x10
Concept: Multiple Voice Acting Options x10
Neptune x10
Ninten x7
Black Mage x6
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Concept: Pac Man World-based Moveset x5
Concept: Boss Battles x5
Blastoise x5
Ashley Miziku Robbins x5
Mushashi x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2
Stage: Metal Caverns x2

Changes:

A new top 7 led by Decloned Dark Pit!
Lip and Gengar break 200 noms
Linkle and Lloyd Irving break 150 noms
Lara Croft and Djano break 100 noms
DeMille, labo-character,and Klonoa break 75 noms
New addition: Mushashi (x5)

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Spyro Chance:
15%
Third-party characters are already a tight spot to get in, and with the amount of other highly requested and more important characters, I can't see Spyro getting in.

Spyro Want:
20%
I'd rather not have him in the game. Nothing against him or his games, but he always felt really boring to me.

Mimikyu Prediction:
28.01%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Spyro the Dragon
Chance: 6% -
Third party characters have to meet some very specific criteria, and one of those is iconic status in Japan. Crash Bandicoot has this, but as far as I know Spyro's not particularly well-known over in the East.
Want: 35% - I don't have a huge attachment to him, but he's the only purple dragon I'd really want to see in Smash. *Shots Fired!* But, I would rather have Crash and I don't see both getting in (though I feel if you have one you should have the other.

Prediction: Mimikyu
Chance: 26.37%
Want: 58.92%

Nominations:

Sakura Shinguji x5

ribbit

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Spyro Chance - 3.5%: He won't get in over Crash, who's odds aren't super good either. Crash is bigger in the US and Japan. The one argument in Spyro's favor is Skylanders, which is a horrible franchise that is nearly as hated as Rabbids with people over the age of 12.

Spyro Want 0%: I don't particularly even like regular Spyro, but the fact it could be Skylanders Spyro makes me vehemently opposed.

Nominate Cranky Kong x5

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Spyro:

Although, Spyro can be considered an icon in the west, he’s practically non existent in Japan. Not only that, but he is also a THIRD PARTY, so he has to compete with many other popular third parties characters that are both popular in Japan and around the world that have been far more requested and had more support than Spyro has ever been. This doesn’t even include the third party franchises that have mutual relationships with Nintendo such as Ubisoft and Capcom with their own characters that are very popular, heck even Crash Bandicoot is popular in Japan and I doubt that Nintendo would try to get Spyro as well.

All in all, the amount of third party characters and lack of popularity in Japan and lack of support around the world is really just bringing Spyro lower and lower from being considered when there are so many other third parties that have be requested for years that would gain Sakurai’s attention to finally add them in Smash.

Want: 10%

I have no real connection with Spyro. I never played his games, heck I didnt even play as Spyro in the first skylanders game. If he is in, that’s fine I guess, but I would DEFENITLEY prefer someone else.

Nominations:
x5 Monster Hunter

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Spyro

Definitely in a far worse position than Crash (and even then looking back I think we definitely overrated him tbh). In Crash's case it's just his Switch port that showed up too late to matter, in Spyro's his remastered trilogy showed up too late entirely. Plus his presence in Japan is limited as others have said, Skylanders probably won't matter, and he doesn't seem to be as requested as a number of other third parties. Really, the only way I can see this happening in if they decided to go after both Crash and Spyro, and I don't find that to be likely.

Want: 70%

I'm starting to like the ideas of him and Crash in Smash more, and Crash will get upgraded to the same score when/if he gets rerated. I mean, I do have a lot of love for them. Like the bandicoot, Spyro hailed from one of my favorite franchises as a kid, and I literally played their games to death. Mind you, it's specifically the Playstation games I loved, so that still gives some mixed feelings here, and there are third parties I'd rather see in regardless. But he'd still fit in with the cast well, and given my love for the dragon I'd probably end up being happy with him.

Mimikyu prediction: 35.35%

Nominations: Lip x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Spyro the space pirate leader
Chances: 10%
Want: Abstain
Predictions: Mimikyu 21%
Nominations: Dragonite x 5

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
spyro

chance: 5%
mostly a sony character and yes I know cloud is too but his franchise has MUCH greater history with nintendo.

want: 30%
it could go both ways never played a spyro game but I'm open to what a he could do to some regard.

Nomination Django x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Spyro

Chance: 4%
Take everything that anyone ever said about Crash Bandicoot's chances and dial them down a notch (or five, in the case of success in Japan). While Spyro's got more history and popularity than plenty of other franchises, he's still pretty much a second-fiddle name, like how Kirby is technically second-fiddle to Mario. When people talk about big Playstation franchises, you never hear Spyro's name mentioned before Crash's.

Want: 15%
And speaking of which, don't we already have a few Playstation representatives? Didn't Snake count as one? Doesn't Cloud? When I support Crash's inclusion, it's because I think he represents the part of the Playstation that those other two don't, the part that's colorful and zany, and yet still a great game to play. It's something that I think includes Spyro's trilogy of games, making a Spyro inclusion almost redundant.

(People arguing that he clashes with Ridley, though...are you serious? Have you seen the size difference between those two? Spyro would be hardly bigger than Kirby if he got into Smash!)

There's kind of the chance that Activision pushes Skylander's undeniable impact as a technicality, but I'm fairly confident that Sakurai would see past that. Skylanders Spyro isn't the guy anyone means to have included, the same way modern Pac-man isn't who anyone means by the name either.

Prediction:
Mimikyu: 26%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom