• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ganon

Chance: 5%
I don't see Ganon happening at all. His support isn't nearly as strong as it is with other Zelda characters, the version we want in Smash is somewhat irrelevant, and to be honest, it feels like more people are supporting him for the sake of "the Triforce" than they are for his moveset potential.

Want: 20%
We'd have another heavyweight, I guess. Aside from that, no real desire to see the character in Smash. I'm perfectly fine with just Ganondorf.

Bomberman prediction: 31.2%

Nominations: Mipha x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ganon

chances: 10% i dont see it happening

want: 70% we have two links two zeldas why not two ganona? also more zelda!!!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Want: 100 percent.
The trident looks like it can offer a ton of unique moves, and could make fans of falcondorf happy by giving the game-accurate moves to him.

Chance: 0. Zelda's roster hasn't meaningfully updated in a little under two decades.

D

Deleted member

Ganon

Chance: 0%
He already has a form of presence as :4ganondorf:'s Final Smash. At best he can be redesigned, but still as :4ganondorf:'s Final Smash.

Want: 0%
[...] I prefer to see under-repped series like Donkey Kong and rising ones like Xenoblade getting newcomers first rather than a series which has been obscenely over-milked those last 7 years outside of Smash.
Having :4link: who is likely to have a moveset overhaul based from Breath of the Wild is more than enough already.

Noms:
Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Bomberman prediction: 32.12%

Last edited by a moderator:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Ganon

Chance: 25%
It's possible, but I doubt it.

Want: 15%
I always hated the pig design.

Bomberman prediction: 15%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x5

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Ganon
I don't see it as particularly likely we will get Pig Man Ganon especially that he has plenty of competition like Midna and Skull Kid.

Want: 100%

Bomberman: 12.45%

x5 to KOS-MOS

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chance: 3%

I don’t feel too positive about his chances. It feels suggested just to make up for the fact that Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone. It's on par with the, “Black Shadow should take Ganondorf's moveset,” idea, which I don’t see happening either.

Nominations: Lip x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x275
Bomberman x271
Black Shadow x267
Lycanroc x251
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x245
Simon Belmont x245
Qbby x240

Over 200:

Funky Kong x237
Agumon x230
Sans x223
Azura x219
Urban Champion x215
Dark Samus x209
KOS-MOS x209
Spyro x208
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x202

199-150

Travis Touchdown x194
Mipha x193
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x190
Sylux x190
Kamek x188
Masked Link x184
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x177
Gengar x167
Mimikyu x167
Parabo & Satebo x159
Lip x156
Concept: Skyrim representation x155

149-100

Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x145
Cranky Kong x145
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x140
Tom Nook x137
Wonder Red x136
Ryu Hayabusa x135
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x134
Linkle x130
Neku Sakuraba x128
Papyrus x123
Excitebiker x119
Thwomp x116
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x115
Fawful x111
Octoling x110
Tetra x107
Katrielle Layton x101
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100
Lloyd Irving x100

99-75

Sakura Shinguji x98
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x95
Slippy Toad x90
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86
Susie x86
2B (Nier: Automata) x86
Tingle x86
Steve x80
Sable Prince x79
Fjorm x75

74-50

Veronica x73
Klonoa x71
Django (Boktai) x70
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x70
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x70
Barbara x70
Labo related character x68
Zeraora (Pokémon) x61
Lara Croft x57
Starfy x57
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x57
Arcade Bunny x54
Veteran: Roy x51
Veteran: Dr. Mario x51

49-30:

Ray (Custom Robo) x48
Returning game mode: Smash Run x48
Balloon Fighter x47
Gooey x47
Rick/Coo/Kine x45
Concept: Wars character x43
Primarina x40
Dragonite x37
DeMille x37
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Tails x35
Tora & Poppi x35
Scorpion x35
Stage: New Donk City x35
Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x34
Viridi x33
Toon Zelda x33
Slime x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Leon Kennedy x30
Veteran: Corrin x30
Snorlax x29
Leo (FE Fates) x28
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x28
Concept: Indie Character x28
9-Volt x28
Mach Rider x28
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Ghirahim x26
Tiki x26
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Endou Mamoru x25
Ayumi Tachibana x25
Concept: Pikmin newcomer x25
Concept: Transformation characters x25

24 and less:

Concept: Female Announcer x20
Concept: No Mega Evolutions x13
Concept: Battlefield Stages x10
[Rerate] Rex & Pyra x10
Fire Emblem Switch Protagonist x10
Joker x10
Alex Kidd x5
[Rerate] Daisy x5
Solaire x5
Shadow x5
Lark x5
Saber x5
Orbulon x5
Zangoose x5
Kumatora x5
Louie x5
Masked Man x3
[Rerate] Squirtle x2
Stage: Metal Caverns x2

Changes:

Marth/Roy speaking English overtakes Bomberman for top spot.
Simon Belmont returns to the top 7 just in time, moving up to 6th. This pushes down Qbby to 7th and Funky out of the top 7.
Decloned Dark Pit and KOS-MOS break 200 noms
Parabo & Satebo break 150 noms
Katrielle Layton and Lloyd Irving break 100 noms
Steve breaks 75 noms

Top 7, nominating these is obsolete. They are scheduled in.

11/05: Concept: Marth/Roy speaking English Bomberman
12/05: Bomberman Concept: Marth/Roy speaking English
13/05: Black Shadow (F-Zero)
14/05: Lycanroc (Pokemon)
15/05: Mike Jones (StarTropics)
16/05: Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
17/05: Qbby (BoxBoy!)

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Ganon:

chance: 30% and I'm high balling a little bit. I see it as more likely than in previous smash games because he's been showing up more and more in zelda games instead of Ganondorf (excluding hyrule warriors).

want: 60%

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ganon:

Chance:
3% - Ganon has always just seemed to me like a fan concept and not an actual candidate, it's a bit like the Masked Link idea. A Ganondorf rework is more likely than the introduction of his alternate form imo, and even that is unlikely.

Want: 60% - I actually like the idea a lot, it has a lot of potential and could be really cool. He's no Skull Kid, but probably the Zelda character I'd like the second most.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Pig Ganon:

Everyone gets that the boar Ganon form from TP was like a modernization of this concept, right? That’s his final smash, and it works well like that. The thing about this concept is it’s just not interesting. Very few people are clamoring for more Links, Zeldas, and Ganons for Zelda series characters. The idea that they are the only characters that can be playable is just a fake rule taken from happenstance of what we’ve ended up with so far. I feel confident that Pig/Classic Ganon didn’t even crack the top 5 most requested Zelda characters on the ballot. I might be wrong, but I don’t think he was ever even added as his own character to Hyrule Warriors? That game is much more focused on what’s important to Zelda than Smash. Picking Smash characters isn’t just importance or recurrence. Ultimately, it’ll be made up of who people actually want to play. The same character in a different form with a different moveset doesn’t really cut it in my eyes, at least not after all the conceptually interesting, risky picks in Smash 4. Like, maybe this thing should’ve been in Smash 64 alongside Bowser, but any time after that, nah. I think ideas like this and Toon Zelda get overrated by people that put too much stock into accurately “representing” series. To an extent, I think this also used to be true of Impa before her surge in popularity after Hyrule Warriors. If there’s any form of Ganon I’m seeing people hoping for, it’s HW Ganondorf with the long hair, however unlikely lmao
Chance: 3%
There’s so many interesting Zelda characters you can expose people to. This just doesn’t cut it.
Fighting with a trident isn’t some crazy unique concept that interests me at all. It’s a long weapon that you swing and stab around. Sure, it’s a little different, but it’s nothing like how Rosa offered a puppeteer style, Mac offered KO punch, Palutena was the face of customs with all unique ones, Jr came almost permanently in a vehicle, Shulk offered Monaco arts, etc.
There’s few characters I’d dislike more from Zelda. Probably just Toon Zelda and maybe Tingle, really.

Bomberman pred: 19%

x3 FE Summoner concept
x2 Sylux

It’s funny bc I’m nominating Sylux just bc I think he deserves a rate before e3 based on what ppl expect for Prime 4. I don’t even know him really lmao

Edit: Switched noms bc Azura looks like a lock for next week tbh

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Porky

Another Zelda character, which means Sakurai will try to make a clone...I guess Bowser then.

Honestly, I prefer the Dorf. Ganon's been in more games, but I don't really see much personality from the pig form beyond "Kill everything!"

What I think would be really cool would be to expand the Dorf's final smash to be a Giga-Bowser style transformation. If the Dorf got a sword for some of his moves, and then got the trident everyone wants with his piggy form during a smash, that'd make things pretty cool.

Like with Impa before him, though, there are way more Zelda characters I'd prefer before him.

Prediction for Bomberman: 12.1%
Nom: Skyrim stuff x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As a Zelda newcomer idea, I understand why there are some that want Classic Ganon to happen in Smash. I am one of the supporters that advocates the idea, but I do not think he will happen for two reasons. One, I feel that Sakurai will be content with the current Zelda character line-up and will only go as far adding stage/music/moveset modifications from Breath of the Wild. Two, the unlikeliness Sakurai will consider the idea. I can only see him considering Ganon if his ballot popularity was notably high and/or if Sakurai noted the BOTW content & felt the need to give Ganondorf fans a favor and bring a new moveset that brings both unique Ganon/clone Ganon in the roster.

But, I just feel Sakurai would be content with clone Ganondorf. Ganon is one of those characters I wished gained a notable immensely huge following after the idea sprang up in pre-Smash 4 speculation so that I could feel confident that he was very popular in the ballot so that Sakurai could consider the idea. Unfortunately, that big growth in popularity never came to fruition and is mostly an occasionally talked about idea in Smash Switch speculation and in the casual Smash community, making me less confident that he did notably well in the ballot. Maybe when Classic Ganon appears in another title that idea could spike in popularity, but right now I do not think Classic Ganon will not be playable in this game. :(

x5 Tom Nook

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Ganon
It doesn't seem like something Sakurai would consider. He did appear in ALBW recently, so there's a small chance... Yet I doubt we would get him as a newcomer over a BotW character.

Want: 25%
I don't actively want him, but if he got in with a cool moveset I wouldn't moan about it. I would much much rather get a totally new Zelda newcomer instead of a second version of another fighter already on the roster again.

Bomberman: 63.22%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ganon

Chance- 10%
Well, it could happen, as we have 2 Links and 2 Zeldas, but I think Nintendo would see more value in a whole new character rather than another 2nd version of a Zelda character.

Want- 30%
I mean, it's a neat concept, but I'd prefer a different Zelda character.

Bomberman-32.56%

Scorpion X 5
Thwomp X 5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Ganon

Chance - 0%

As long as Ganondorf is in Smash, Ganon won't be. Considering Sakurai mains Ganondorf, the idea that we'll ever seen a proper Ganon is forever unlikely, despite how he is the only Zelda character not currently in Smash to be both a triforce wielder and not a one off character.

Want - 35%

Originally, I wrote a bunch of paragraphs out under the impression that we were discussing the idea of a Reworked Ganondorf, not the character Ganon himself. Oops!

I'd be more than happy with a proper Ganon in Smash, but having both Ganon and Ganondorf on the roster feels like overkill to me, especially considering they most certainly wouldn't be clones. I'd MUCH rather have a rework of Ganondorf into Ganon, rather than Ganon himself being a standalone newcomer.

Nominations:
Scorpion x5

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 10%
Classic Ganon most likely isn't happening plus there are better choices.

Want: 30%
It would be neat to see him as Ganondorf's Final Smash. As his own character, no thanks.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Piggy Boi
Chance: 2%
Yeah, he's a Triforce wielder and a recurring character and all that, but I don't see it happening. He just doesn't have much going for him, and considering the Zelda cast are liable to take on their appearances from BOTW wherever applicable, it doesn't exactly help Ganon's chances that in that game (which is just about his only relevant appearance within the past decade, maybe even the past two if we aren't being generous here) he looked like this. As a boss, maybe??

Want: 1%
Eh... that trident seems kind of cool, but I was just never a fan of Boar Ganon's design. And besides, I don't really wanna see another Zelda character anytime soon, (unless it's Tingle, which would be hilarious) at least not until the ones we have get a rework.

Bomberman Prediction: 26.75%

Nominating Sylux x5

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Ganon
Chance- 4%
I don't think this is something Sakurai will consider for very long, if at all. Zelda has a history of being underrepresented, I don't see Ganon as being among the top couple possibilities in either relevancy or popularity.
Want- 34%
Used to be heavily against Ganon, but I've mellowed out some. His moveset would be fine, he's got lots of appearances, and would represent classic Zelda alright. Still, the prospect doesn't interest me that badly.

Bomberman Predictions- 13.9%

Nominations:
Wonder Red x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Ganon

Chance- 50%
Want- 50%

I'd rather they just retool Ganondorf if anything but ok I guess.

Nominations- Tora and Poppi x5

D

Deleted member

Ganon

Chance: 2%

Barring last-minute clone scenarios, I'd be shocked if we got another form of one of the main trio.

Want: 100%

Because I genuinely think he'd be cool.

Prediction: Bomberman - 21.6%

Somehow, it wouldn't surprise me if he were rated higher than Snake, as much as I wouldn't agree with that.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Blue Pig
I don’t see why Sakurai would consider him, I was surprised anyone on here did.

Want: 11%
I guess I like his design and how I imagine he’d play in Smash, but I really don’t care.

Bomberman prediction: 38%

Nominations
Prince SableX5

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Ganon

Chance 0%
Want 0%

He’s already a final smash, it’s like turning Giga Bowser into a separate character. It would be quite redundant in my eyes, unless he replaced Ganondorf. I’d rather see Ganondorf decloned or an actual non-triforce newcomer.

x3 Tom Nook
x2 Arcade Bunny

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ganon

Chance: 5% - There's a lot of things that'd have to go in Pig Ganon's favor before he has a legitimate shot at playability. First and foremost, Dorf's existing Ganon Final Smash would need to go the way of the dodo, and considering his moveset has changed very little from his Captain Falclone origins, it's already not looking good for the Big Pig.

Secondly, his appearances as of late haven't really given him much of a leg to stand on. Hyrule Warriors featured this form of the character as a massive mindless chimera, BOTW had him show up as a building-sized monster made of ooze and smoke, and ALBW, which otherwise should've been a massive boon for him, saw Ganon get his mind usurped by the painting prettyboy Yuga. This boss hog's not really had a great showing as of late when it comes to making him an attractive option for Smash. He's got the importance and resume, sure, but the basis for the character would have to reach back to the SNES/NES era. Back when he didn't get bodysnatched before he could do anything important.

Thirdly, there are tons of simpler, more attractive options for Zelda newcomers to choose from instead. Impa, Midna, Skull Kid and others all have larger fanbases and more usable recent appearances. Ganon certainly wouldn't be the first pick for a Zelda newcomer, and I struggle to say he'd be the second, third, or fourth pick either.

Want: 65% - I never really considered him an option for the longest time. Then I saw this piece of artwork.

And it put the idea of having the boss hog be playable in a different light for me. He's not at the top of my most wanted list for Zelda newcomers, but I'd be happy to see this large ham join the battle, as unlikely as the prospect may be.

Prediction

Bomberman: 23.92% - Konami makes this a very sticky wicket, and Super Bomberman R going multiplat doesn't do him any favors either. Still, I think he's a strong contender, and if he was owned by any other company, he'd be second most likely after Rayman imo. But that Konami curse will loom large tomorrow, just like it did on Snake's day, and just as it will on Simon's day.

Nominations

Scorpion x 5

Troykv

Smash Master
Originally, I wrote a bunch of paragraphs out under the impression that we were discussing the idea of a Reworked Ganondorf, not the character Ganon himself. Oops!

I'd be more than happy with a proper Ganon in Smash, but having both Ganon and Ganondorf on the roster feels like overkill to me, especially considering they most certainly wouldn't be clones. I'd MUCH rather have a rework of Ganondorf into Ganon, rather than Ganon himself being a standalone newcomer.

Nominations:
Scorpion x5
Don't worry, Reworked Ganondorf actually has vote, so he'll eventually appear in the schendule. (Right now has 134 votes)

Ganon:

Chance: 15%

Eh... Who knows? But it's clear this form is likely condemned to be a memory from the past.

Want: 60%

I have always wanted more alternative ways to play Ganondorf, whereas that is a moveset change or an alternative form, this would work :3

Predictions:

Bomberman: 17.5%

Nominations:

Tom Nook x3
KOS-MOS x2

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ganonpork

Chance: 1%
Don't see this happening at all.

A character already physically present on the roster? Bleh.

Predicting a 28 for Bomberman
Nominating K. Rool x5

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Ganon
Chance - 15%
I don't see it happening unless Ganondorf gets a overhaul... which I also doubt will happen.
Want - 35%
Might be cool, not really for more versions of the same person except in a few cases. But at least he'd look drastically different and likely stand out from the rest of the cast.

Nominations 5x Mimikyu

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ganon

Chance - 5%
Not very likely. While Ganon is a classic villain, his newer incarnation Ganondorf is in and has the beast form as his final smash. One wonders if Sakurai sees that as the perfect way to represent the main Zelda villain regardless of their distinct designs and moveset.

Saving grace could be he did surprisingly well in the ballot, which IS possible!

Want - 60%
I like him. He's a recurring character with a fun theme around him. I'd take him as my Zelda newcomer.

Bomberman: 13.4%

Nominate Toon Zelda x5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ganon
Want: 75%
Chance: 25%

Ganon's odds of being a separate fighter aren't that good. But he could still hope to be a Final Smash fighter, instead of being a mere offensive attack.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
How'd Sans get into the tentative top 7? Man, I though I'd have more time to set up the skeleton bros. double day.

Ganon

Chance: 15%
Classic Ganon would be a pretty big nod to the original LoZ games, and he'd have a heavier foot in the argument to most other Zelda antagonists. More so, he'd be an interesting get-around to the issue of "which one-shot should be the next Zelda newcomer", since his historicity and influence make him a lot more important than other such candidates. I'd say the question is whether Sakurai thinks Legend of Zelda should have a retro character, because that's what Pig Ganon ultimately is - a reference to the 8-bit games that hasn't shown up again in a long time. (Sadly, Breath of the Wild is about as helpful to Ganon's case as it is to Impa's.)

Want: 15%
I don't think I'd have a problem with it, but I don't have any special connection with the guy to want to push his case.

Prediction:
Bomberman: 11%

Nominations:
Papyrus x5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Porkins

Chance: 7%
Pig Ganon is hardly relevant due to his lack of recent appearances. He easily gets placed in the backburner compared to Beast Ganon, who is already in Ganondorf's Final Smash and appeared in Breath of the Wild. The only way he could make it in is if Sakurai decided to have a Zelda rep in the project plan (which in itself is unlikely) and prioritized a character to represent the classic era of Zelda (which is far more unlikely). However, there is still some support for him, albeit not enough to be substantial compared to the likes of, say, Rex and Pyra, King K. Rool, or even Geno.

Want: 30%
He is cool, but I'd much rather have a new character as a new Zelda rep rather than another form of a preexisting character.

Prediction:
Bomberman: 28.57%

Nomination:
Steve (Minecraft) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gannon

Chance - 2.5% - Maybe if Sakurai wants to give a unique move set for Gannondorf, but doesn't want to change the clone status, he has a small chance. I don't think that's gonna happen at all, though.

Want - 20% - Meh. I'd rather de-clone Gannondorf.

Prediciton

Bomberman - 43.42%- I dunno.

Nominaitions

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ganon

We know Sakurai only ever gives us the triforce trio in various incarnation for Zelda, but even so he's unlikely. Already in Ganondorf's Final Smash, not a huge outcry for inclusion(despite being the true villain of Zelda in his purest form) and he's a Zelda character which we know doesn't tend to end well.

He's already on the roster in human form and I really want someone who isn't a triforce wielder from Zelda to make it first. Impa, Tingle and Vaati are my personal top picks. Tridant is cool, but it's not enough for me...

Prediction: Bomberman: 36%

Nomination: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

D

Deleted member

Ganon

Only chance is if Sakurai feels the fan demand for a revamped Ganondorf, but doesn't want to change him so he just adds Pig Ganon. Otherwise, he's just not really relevant or popular and is already Dorf's Final Smash.

Want: 62%
Actually a decent and somewhat fun choice imo, albeit a little vanilla if that makes any sense. Would really like to see him primarily based off his Link to the Past incarnation with magic and a trident.

Bomberman prediction: 12.43%

Nominating KOS-MOS x5

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Ganon Chance:
10%
I could see this happening. Ganon has been the go to villain when Ganondorf is out of action. They may want to represent more of the top-down Zelda games with Ganon. The main problem is that Zelda has a lot of competition for a new spot, and we're not even sure if we're getting a new Zelda character.

Ganon Want:
20%
Another villain with a cool weapon, which I'm all for. I would like some more diversity in Zelda representation though, as 2 Link's, 2 Zelda's, and 2 Ganon's would be a little overkill.

Bomberman Prediction:
36.91%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Ganon

I have a hard time imagining any of the titanic 3D incarnations of Ganon being worked into a playable character, so I'll be focusing on top-down Ganon specifically. Sakurai's full of surprises, though, so 3D Ganon as an option still boosts chance by a bit. Ganon is the true form of the franchise's antagonist and has appeared in more games than not, that's a hard pedigree to dispute. I doubt Sakurai cares at all, but it'd complete the second triforce of playable triforce wielders. If Sakurai's still set on keeping Ganondorf as a semiclone then Ganon as an original character would be a nice present for everyone left disappointed, and Zelda fans in general would likely appreciate a newcomer. Assuming this is his classic appearance, he'd have a nifty combo of magic and a trident to keep fights interesting.

Ganon's hardly likely, though. He's already a final smash, which could very well be considered perfect representation. He's not the most visible Zelda newcomer, in the eyes of Nintendo and fans alike. Breath of the Wild looms large, I'd assume even one-offs from it have priority over less relevant and especially less popular reps. There's very little reason to add him now if he wasn't appealing before, it's not like top-down Zelda is constantly churning out Ganons. A Link Between Worlds had something similar enough to classic Ganon to perhaps be considered a recent appearance, but ALBW has nothing on BotW. Perhaps less important but still worth mentioning, Ganon's a rather large fellow and might have trouble fitting in comfortably. If they capitalize on retro appeal by using his NES/SNES appearance instead of a more modern model, then he could be scaled to Toon Link instead of adult Link as a possible solution to this issue.

Want: 80%
Want is assuming that the classic form gets in, I'd want to see playable 3D Ganon in action before getting on board with the idea. It's rather unfortunate that top-down Zelda doesn't have any sort of exclusive representation, and Ganon would fulfill that niche as well as a couple others. A disjoint-abusing superheavy that can teleport around the stage sounds like a real pain in the neck, and one I'd like to play. He also just looks cool, equal parts goofy and intimidating. Might look a bit silly at a playable size, but that's a sacrifice I could put up with.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ganon:

I really don’t see this happening. Ganondorf is just more iconic than Ganon from the old Zelda games. So I really see Ganondorf getting a rework instead of adding in Ganon.

We have 2 zeldas, 2 links, do we really need 2 ganons? That would make the Zelda roster still just Links, Zeldas, and Ganons when there are so many more characters like Impa, Midna, Girahim, the champions. I’d rather have effort be put into reworking Ganondorf so the Zelda roster doesnt look inflated with having the main three just be duplicated to make 6. GIVE ME DIVERSITY!

This is probably the option I activley dont want.

EDIT: Whoops! I realized Lycanroc is already getting voted on! Hold on a sec! Got one!

Nominations:
x5 Lloid Irving

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Ganon
Chance: 15% - I’ll admit this one’s extremely hard to rate. Seeing as how Nintendo’s portrayal of Ganon/Ganondorf seems to radically change with each new installment, it’s hard to know where they plan on taking the character in the future. I am noticing a trend in the more recent Zelda games where they seem to be increasingly distancing themselves from the human form and focusing more on the beast form. The human form “ganondorf” has not made a main series appearance in 12 years and six consecutive titles. If Nintendo has plans on continuing to push beast Ganon as the main face of the character, than I can see Sakurai following suit and making the beast form playable.
Want: 50%

Bomber man prediction: 8%

Nominations: Azura x5

Top Bottom