• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance: 10%
He's got some popularity and he'd be a new series rep, but I don't see it happening.

Want: 20%
I wouldn't mind his inclusion due to what I said above, but I've never played a Golden Sun game and his design doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isaac peeked into the wardrobe... There's a ballot in there. Isaac! Put that back!

Chance: 30%

He's possible. I don't think he's likely, but he is very possible. The only thing he really has going against him is the moderate obscurity of his series, but that hasn't really stopped Sakurai before. I'd say he has about as much chance as any other stagnant series that isn't currently represented with a fighter in Smash.

Want: 90%
Beat the first Golden Sun last year on a big JRPG binge, was a good time. I'm down for almost any and all JRPG love in Smash, and Isaac could absolutely bring something unique to the table. Not clamoring for him, but I'd love to have him along. A stage would be great, at least, Golden Sun has a beautiful world and style.

EDIT: Geno x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance: 25%
I feel that the ballot is going to have some influence on the roster, but considering he didn't even get a Mii costume I have no way of telling how he well fared aside from his popularity in this website.
If not then he's toast.

Want: 100%
Isaac always stood out to me. I always thought he looked like a cool character and thought his moveset potential sounded interesting.
That said, I haven't played Golden Sun up until recently, but while I still haven't finished it, I really love it so far - the atmosphere feels oddly nostalgic to me despite the fact I never played it before, and the soundtrack is amazing.
I'd be down for having Isaac in Smash for his uniquness and for his series to finally get the exposure it deserves.

Bandana Dee prediction: 54%

Decidueye 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Day six...the magic man with the giant glowing hand.

Isaac

His series is basically kaput. He has possibilities and fan demand, but so does nearly every other character. I'm honestly unsure if his Assist Trophy will even return. He exists in that weird valley where he isn't new enough to be new and exciting, but isn't classic enough to be a throwback character. Maybe ten years ago he had a chance, but now...

Want: 15%

I was never huge on Golden Sun. I do think he could be fun to use for a while, but I don't think it would last.

Prediction: Bandana Dee

Chance: 62.59%

Nominations

Bomberman 3x
Poochy 2x

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isaac

Ooh boy, those characters I have to research before posting.

Isaac's pretty popular here on the boards, but it's not looking good for him. Yes, he probably had some support on the ballot, but one of the biggest hits against him is just his series. 3 games, an 8 year gap between 2 and 3, and now nothing since 2010. Dark Dawn also was not a blockbuster.

Yes, Isaac was represented in Brawl as an Assist, and has a music track. And by SSB4...only the music on a Metroid stage. Ouch. We know some of the more requested characters got some consolation prizes in a Mii costume...not for Isaac.

So: content dropped since Brawl despite a release in the interim, A stagnating series with an ok last game...

I've never played Golden Sun, so I really have no connection to the character. From what I understand, he's got Earth-bender powers? Could be cool and unique, but we've got someone who is sword-and-mage (Robin), and we've got someone who deals in sprouting trees (Villager).

But I will admit, his older look from Dark Dawn is pretty cool. Unfortunately, he's not playable in that one, but you instead get his carbon-copy son.

Prediction for BDee: 45%
Nomination: Mewtwo Returns x5

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Isaac

Chance: 45%

Isaac's smash situation fascinates me more than any other character. Golden Sun's in general for that matter, we went from the series having reasonable representation in Brawl (Isaac as an assist trophy, two music tracks, and a few stickers) to a single musical theme in Smash for Wii U. What? Why? What happened?! SHERIFF made it in as an Assist Trophy, yet Isaac was cut for no discernible reason! Was he intended for inclusion at some point, but cut mid development? Perhaps... to be saved for a future game Sakurai knows he'll have to start developing? PERHAPS TO HELP PROMOTE A NEW GOLDEN SUN GAME THAT IS BEING DEVELOPED RIGHT NOW?!

Meh, probably not. Perhaps he was cut simply because his series has stagnated, but nevertheless, I can't shake the feeling that something is up with Isaac. It may be a near-baseless prediction, but I'm sticking with it, I feel optimistic about his chances

Want: 70%

Golden Sun is one of those games that I really want to finish, but I never seem to have the time to do so. I'll start up, get to the first temple/shrine/thingy, and lose interest for reasons I can't quite remember. I do find his moveset potential to be quite interesting, and I'd love to see his series get a revival, I've just never had the drive to get invested in his game. Someday...

Prediction for Bandanna Dee: 42%

Nominating Bomberman x5

Basty

Smash Ace
Isaac!

Chance: 20%
I severely doubt it unless we get a new Golden Sun or he's really popular

Love the character, such a cool design, looking forward to the day that he gets his chance

Bandana Dee: 67% Chance

Lyn x5

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Isaac

Chance 35% I think he has a strong enough fan base to get attention to Sakurai but, I'm not sure if it'll convince him to add Isaac.

Want: 55% another character I don't know anything about or have any feelings toward outside seeing his fan base happy.

Nominations
Jibanyan 2x
Midna 2x
Skull Kid 1x

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Isaac
His series is dead.
He could make it in based on popularity, but I'm not sure if he's that popular anymore.
Want: N/A
I can't really give this character a fair want rating since I don't know that much about him somehow.
I should really play Golden Sun one of these days.

Bandana Waddle Dee prediction: 66.5%
Noms: Crash Bandicoot x5

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Isaac

Chance 0%
I cannot see it happening unless his series is revived but I doubt it right now

Want 0%
Honestly still don't know who he is exactly and why he's so wanted heh

Pennate

Smash Cadet
Isaac:

I don't have high hopes for Isaac. Due to the unfortunate state of the Golden Sun series, he's too old to be make it in on relevancy, yet too young to be considered a retro character. Isaac's prospects are helped by the reasonable push for his inclusion his fanbase made during the Smash 4 era and the Smash Ballot days, but I doubt that it would help Isaac's chances enough to lend any degree of likelihood to a potential appearance in Smash.

The Golden Sun franchise is my favorite RPG series and one of my favorite series of any genre. Fittingly, Isaac is the character I most want to see in Smash, and his presence would easily sell the game to me.

Nominations:
Excitebiker x3
Ganon x2

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Isaac want: 64%

His moveset would be unique and interesting, and I'd rather have a new series represented than have a Pokémon or Fire Emblem character fill that role.

Nominations:
Neku x5

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Isaac

Chance:
7%

He got an assist trophy cut, and is barely known outside of Nintendo super fans, but unlike other unknowns who are in contention he doesn't represent an important era/turning point for Nintendo, nor does he have a legacy of Smash relevance.

Want: 30%

Hardly know him, hardly care about him, there's plenty of better options IMO.

Bandana Dee Prediction: 54.81%

Nominations:
Andy x 2
Travis Touchdown x 2
Concept: Advance Wars CO x 1

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Nice to see a bit of positivity here for Isaac - Good to know that I'm far from alone in wanting him to become playable.

Chance: 29%
Golden Sun's in a weird place - It's got a decent fan following here and there and lots of people wanted to see Isaac in some form again after appearing in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but then the series essentially disappeared after the middling response to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and oddly enough his Assist Trophy vanishing from the new game. All Golden Sun really got was the World Map theme from DD and nothing else - not even something like a Mii Costume that acknowledged him as a popular request like K. Rool, Lloyd, or de-confirmed characters like Chrom or Takamaru.

On top of that, Nintendo and Camelot don't seem to have found the courage to come back and revisit the series - Camelot's gone back to their Mario Sports games with Tennis Aces on the way. Small hope for me is that if that does well, maybe they'll consider themselves in a reasonably stable spot to revisit the Golden Sun IP. But at this point - GS hasn't seen anything in over 8 years (at least not as bad as the wait for a new F-Zero game...) and all that Isaac's got is decent fan-support from fans, and hopefully enough votes in the Ballot to get a shot of consideration this time around.

Isaac's appearance in Brawl was what got me into his games, and I'd say that he's got what it takes to be a unique fighter for Smash Bros; from manipulating the earth with tremors, summoning plants or using a giant energy hand to push foes away or grab faraway objects... I want to see him playable again and the Golden Sun games to get a second chance for veterans and newcomers alike.

Nominations: Lucina X3
Roy X2

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I think Isaac's best chances of getting in were from the Smash Ballot those years ago, and Sakurai had probably decided the roster for this upcoming Smash by around mid 2016 with the Smash Ballot as a guide of who to include.

Without knowing the results, its a coin toss to me. Isaac appears to have a lot of support on this board, and on GameFaqs back in those days. Golden Sun was a popular game for the GBA generation. That all said, Golden Sun, as an IP, is asleep right now with no future games seemingly on the horizon, and that's a factor Sakurai has said to be of consideration when deciding new fighters. I imagine only so many new characters can be added to the roster at this point, and with Inkling in, Ridley looking likely, and K. Rool clearly a favorite from the ballet, just how much more Nintendo fighters will they add?

That all said, there is that mystery case of his AT being removed. Was he considered a slot for Smash 4 once? If so, maybe that and the ballot helped bump his priority up. I for one still want to hope and dream.

Chances: Greater than 0. Coin toss. He's either in the game right now as we speculate, or he's not, and us Golden Sun fans will have to try and push for his inclusion as DLC again (if that route is being planned for this Switch release).

Isaac and his games have so much fantastic material to draw from. See his support thread for more: https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendos-golden-boy-isaac-for-smash.446390/

It's sad how little Golden Sun is recognized from Smash and having the Isaac AT cut with no playable version of him in return was a burn to my poor Golden Heart. But despite all that, I'm still hoping and dreaming of his sudden CGI reveal to the world of Smash!

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Isaac

He hasn't had a game in 7 years. There are constantly new kids becoming Nintendo fans playing the latest games, and those kids will have no idea who he is. The longer he goes without a game, the more the requests for other characters will drown out his.

Want: 50%
I think Isaac deserves a spot and he looks like he could have a really cool moveset, but I have no personal investment in him.

Bandanna Dee prediction: 70%
Last game people massively overrated his chances, and the same is gonna happen now.

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x1
Funky Kong x4

D

Deleted member

Isaac

Chances: F (0%)

Isaac had two chances to make it into the roster, Brawl and Smash 3DS & Wii U. Brawl because that was when he was at the apex of his popularity alongside Golden Sun. Smash 3DS and Wii U because he faced much less competition from highly popular characters although in hindsight we underestimated the potential series that could get in. With both opportunities, he failed to get in and not only that, didn't even get to keep his AT when Saki of all characters did. If that wasn't a bad outcome for him, I don't know what it could be.

Now his franchise is dead. Camelot, once a premiere RPG company, has been reduced to making Mario Tennis and Golf games to keep the lights on since they sell a lot more. If the franchise was going to come back, it would have been on the 3DS and it didn't happen. Predictably, Camelot's first game on the Switch is well, Mario Tennis Aces. That shows they do not have the money to make a HD Golden Sun because the cost outweighs the benefits and I don't see Camelot embracing a download-only route.

People will cite popularity and fan demand as a reason to keep hoping, that maybe he did well enough to warrant a slot on that merit, but what they don't realize is that Isaac is no longer at his peak. His Japanese fan base collapsed after he didn't make it in Brawl and even his Western fan base is withering away as the years go by without a new game. In five, ten, twenty years, how many fans will still be clamoring for his inclusion? People also overestimate the influence that the Smash Ballot will have on the game. We'll get one runner-up for sure, but certainly no more than two. Since one of these are likely taken up by the Inklings, how is Isaac supposed to compete with someone like King K. Rool if we get a second slot? There's no way we're getting anymore. In fact, we'll be lucky to get even that second slot so he's shut out.

Like Ridley, he will never make it in any Smash game. It's past time to move on.

Want: C (50%)

I don't care either way as I've never played a game by him. But I'm sure Psynergy can be interesting and except for the Miis, Sakurai has done a great job with unique move sets. If nothing else, like with Ridley, I also sympathize with the fans.

Bandana Dee prediction: 42.86%

People are going to rate him higher after Kirby Star Allies.

x5 Bomberman

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
isaac i would guess

chances: 20% despite the fact that he is a popular choice among the fans the series is seemingly dead and chamelot seems to only ever make mario golf and mario tennis now

want: 70% i do enjoy all three golden sun games and would love it if one of any of the 16 playable characters made it in

D

Deleted member

Golden Boy Isaac

Chance: abstain

On one hand the Golden Sun series is still on hiatus after the release of Dark Dawn which was 8 years ago, and since then Camelot is still focused on Mario Sports games.
On the other hand Isaac has always been a fan-favorite among the Smash speculators and so since the pre-Brawl era. Not to mention Isaac being an AT in Brawl and having Golden Sun music tracks in both Brawl and Smash Wii U may be an indication Nintendo and Sakurai are aware of his amount of requests, so who knows?

Want: 55%

I unfortunately haven't had the occasion to properly play to a game from his series, so I don't have any real connection with him. However I can see what he can bring to the table in terms of new moveset, so yeah I've nothing against him.

Nomination:
:4shulk:x5

Also a question about the prediction thing:
Is the prediction score based on the want score or the chance score? Or both?
And what the winner gains if they succeed to have the nearest prediction?

D

Deleted member

Is the prediction score based on the want score or the chance score? Or both?
And what the winner gains if they succeed to have the nearest prediction?
Prediction is based on the chance score, and I think the winner gains 5 extra nominations.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513

It has, at this point, been 8 years since Golden Sun: Dark Dawn came out, a game where Isaac was not even a main character. Golden Sun at this point is old, seems unlikely to get a new game and even if it did would have the Dark Dawn cast as the mains, which means Matthew would make sense. At the same time, Isaac DID do well on he ballot, and Sakurai did put him as an Assist Trophy and some music.

Still, I find it hard right now to see him in the game. Two things could change my mind. First off, if ANY new Golden Sun news in any way started coming up, Isaac's chances would shoot up dramatically, as it would be good advertising, add more relevancy and the ballot. Secondly, if multiple N64/GBA era characters started showing up, then I would see Isaac as a solid chance as a "retro" style character from then to join, as Golden Sun is fairly representative of the era. (I would also look to Lloyd as a Gamecube rep around then)

Want: 65%

Isaac isn't my favorite Golden Sun character, but the series holds personal appeal to me, and the Golden Sun series is noticeable as far as Nintendo RPGs are concerned, an era underrepresented in Smash Brothers. Psynergy certainly offers up unique gameplay options, so he would offer up some solid gameplay options, overall he would be pretty fun in but isn't quite as much of a burning desire as some others.

Nominations:

Lloyd Irving x5

Prediction: Bandana Dee

70%

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Chance -6%
Let's be honest, Isaac is very unlikely at this point. His 2 selling points are support (nothing new here lol) and moveset potential. Otherwise he comes from pretty much dead series, and overlooked one at that. Not impossible, but sure unlikely.

Want -45%
If I say something I want like 40-50% it usually means "I don't care, but I don't mind". So yeah. Cool addition, but no personal attachment.

Nominations: Lana x5 (I love carrying one character, yes)

Prediction - Bandana Dee -80%.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac chance - 15%

I don't think it's impossible, but it'll definitely be an uphill struggle. I think a lot of it will come down to how he performed in the ballot. (along with whether Sakurai has any existing opinions on Isaac that we don't know about)

Isaac want - 100%

He has so much potential to be an awesome character in Smash. Anyone who takes the time to research his moveset potential will be able to see that straight away. Also Smash will never feel complete to me until it has a Golden Sun rep. (that's non negotiable)

Bandana Dee prediction - 38%

Nominations
Phoenix Wright x3
Chibi Robo x2

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Isaac

Chance:
10% - You either have to be relevant or a proper retro character, Isaac is stuck in that awkward spot in between, and although he's always had decent support I don't think it's ever been enough to really catch Sakurai's full attention.

Want: 60% - I've never played Golden Sun, but out of all the Nintendo anime swordsmen Isaac seems like he's easily got the most interesting set of abilities out of the lot. He's also always had a very humble fanbase, and it'd be nice to see a character who doesn't fall into either the relevant or retro category actually make it in.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Isaac chances: 13%
I'm not confident about Isaac, evidence seems to suggest that Golden Sun is not a priority for playable representation, with only an unlockable Assist Trophy and one remixed music in Brawl in spite of relative success during the Melee-to-Brawl era, and nothing but that returning said remixed music plus one ripped DS one in Smash 4. The lack of evidence pointing towards a foreseeable future combined with the series' apparent previous low priority when it comes to Smash consideration makes me doubtful. I think he scored decently in the ballot, so he might be considered at least, I'm just not confident that he'll be prioritized enough to actually make it.

Isaac want: 61%
I remember I bandwagoned him during about the last month of the Smash 3DS pre-release era with arguments like "moveset potential" and "we need a GBA rep". I found the idea so cool I even bought a cartridge of Golden Sun for the GBA. It was an enjoyable experience with pretty good gameplay, so he'd be a neat addition, but the fact I feel I was just a bandwagoner to support a character for Smash for reasons which I don't value too much as a big deal anymore plus the story not being too memorable (although I suppose I mostly have to blame the dialogue box format which I didn't really like) prevent me to go higher in want.

Bandanna Dee prediction: 37.89%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x9
Returning game mode: Smash Run x1

I checked and I'm pretty sure TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom that I got the closest prediction to Wolf's chance score, so I'm using five extra noms. Although I also let you check by yourself so you can confirm I haven't missed someone even closer (in which case ignore five noms from the character artwork concepts).

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I used to consider him a trio with Rool and Dee. He's definitely the least likely of the three, and sadly, it's just because of relevance.

Want: 97%

My fifth most wanted character.

Nominations: Urban Champion ×5
Prediction: 68%

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The Binding Predicament of Isaac

Chance- 20%
Yikes, I thought K Rool had an uphill battle against relevancy. Comparativley Isaac has to climb up the Marianas Trench! Isaac has always had a steady following, but it never seemed large enough to stand against the big boys (during base game at least. Characters like :4littlemac: and :4palutena: overshadowed Isaac. DLC is a different story). With Golden Sun in a black hole, I think even with the good demand its a stretch to see him.

Want- 60%
Ive never been big into RPGs, and im not big into 'Anime Swordsmen' either. But I gotta appreciate the determination of Isaacs fans. Ive seen pretty cool brawl mods of Isaac as well, and he seems to have great moveset potential! Id like to see Isaac join, for the fans and maybe to inspire Camelot to get out of their Mario comfort zone and try another RPG. RPGs are a big deal for a lot of Nintendo fans too, so maybe his inclusion in Smash could save Golden Sun like it did to Fire Emblem.

Banana Deeeeee- 54.73%

Banjo Kazooie X 3
Doomguy X 2

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Isaac
Chance 10%
He just kinda seems forgotten about
Want: 11%
I have to connection to this character

Nominate Skull Kid x5

Prediction Bandana Dee 66%

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Isaac

Chance- 20%

Yes, his franchise is in very bad shape. But I still think he at least showed up on the radar during the ballot, though his popularity has faded some. Who knows why his Assist Trophy was inexplicably removed; maybe it was in fact because he was planned at one point. Probably not, but it’s possible, so I’ll give him a little boost.

I don’t think Isaac could outmatch more significant, more relevant characters but… just who are those characters? Inklings, maybe an ARMS rep? It’s not like the Wii U provided us with a plethora of new material. If we are to expect more from this game than just a few characters new characters on a port, we can anticipate a couple popular, less significant characters, and Isaac fits the bill. Still, I’m not going to get my hopes up too much. History will probably repeat itself.

Want- 100%

Absolutely! Isaac could be a blast to play as, and would represent an era that has so far been painfully ignored by Smash. Admittedly, I don’t care much at all about “relevancy” (sometimes blatant advertising) in Smash- I want all parts of Nintendo’s history to be celebrated. If only the developers agreed. He’s not recent, but he did have a couple of well received, relatively successful games. Oh yeah, and there was also Dark Dawn.

Bandana Dee Predictions- 40%

Nominations:

Dillon x3
Andy x2

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Isaac:

Bandana Dee Predictions: 58%

Nominations:
Scizor x3
Tom Nook x2

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
Isaac

Isaac's only real chance would be via the Ballot. Otherwise he isn't relevant anymore and the series is currently dormant with no known future. It doesn't look likely at all.

Want: 40%

I like Isaac but honestly, we do have a lot of blonde-swordsman. Yes he has the earth magic going for him and that would be cool but at this point, I think his inclusion wouldn't get much of a reaction from me.

Nomination: Susie (kirby) x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally, I think Issac's chances have past. Having seen Golden Sun content in Smash 4 only in the form of music, and not even an Assist Trophy. Dark Dawn came out 8 years ago, and Camelot has been only making games on what sells more like the recent Mario Tennis Aces game. His lack of relevance will not put him into consideration, except maybe in the case of the ballot. I do have one hopeful thing to say though that I feel might happen though. If Mario Tennis Aces does end up being a super successful critically acclaimed hit this year, this could motivate Camelot to create a better Golden Sun game in the next few years. Mind you, the chances of that coming out in time for Smash Bros Switch for promotional purposes are likely way out of the window (except in the possible case of DLC, but I doubt Sakurai would have dramatically changed his mind on Isaac, even if Camelot were to tell the studio about an upcoming GS game).

But, rather looking at Isaac from a negative point of view, I thought it would be neat to analyze the possibility of Isaac actually being a very probable candidate in the very far future. In my opinion, Isaac having a solid chance in a Smash after the Switch installment all depends on Camelot being willing to make great games again, after the disaster that was the Wii U Mario Tennis game. The popularity is there. The moveset potential is there. It is all up to Camelot's will.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Isaac:

He's not relevant, doesn't have a bright future. He's a bit popular with Smash fans, and if Geno can be considered at one point, why not Isaac?

Want: 0%

Doesn't interest me in any way. I've never played Golden Sun.

Bandana Dee Predictions: 60%

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Isaac

Chance-5%
Isaac just isn't relevant anymore so he has that battle no to mention that he was cut as a assist trophy from brawl and just has to much against him to say he has a big chance at all.

Want-60%
Never played Golden Sun but it would be nice to have another francise represented in Smash

x2 Crash
x3 Mewtwo

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Damn, I already ruined my perfect attendance record. Forgot to rate Wolf, my b!

Anyways...
Isaac

Chance: 15%
Isaac’s main problem is the same thing plaguing K. Rool and to a lesser extent, Ice Climbers. He isn’t relevant at all. H*ck, I consider myself a pretty invested Nintendo nerd, and I don’t really know anything about him. That said, he’s got a dedicated fanbase, and thanks to the Ballot, that actually counts for something this time. Unfortunately, I just don’t think he has that large of an appeal.

Want: 40%
“Who? You mean the Assist Trophy who shot the big hands?”

I don’t have anything against him, I just don’t know anything about him. I like Camelot and turn-based RPGs though, so maybe I should play Golden Sun one of these da- ...Anyways, I’m not opposed to him showing up, but I’m not really for it, either.

Predictions for Bandana Dee:
Chance: 75%
Want: 75%

Nominations:
Codename S.T.E.A.M Rep x4
Shovel Knight x1

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
:D

Anyway, onto Isaac.
Chance: 8%
His series is dormant. Like, way dormant. But IF the ballot is a major factor...then maybe. A slim shot, but maybe.

Want: 80%
He's cool, and can offer a really unique moveset. Plus he's got a cool scarf, and scarfs are great.

Predicting a 54% for ol' Bandana Waddle Dee

Nominating Celica x...6 :p

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Isaac
Chance: 5%
It's just too late. Golden Sun isn't likely to get a new game anytime soon, as Camelot seem happy just making Mario sports games. I would love to be wrong, but I'm not as optimistic as I once was.

The first two games in the series have a special place in my heart. I played them over and over as a kid, I loved the puzzles and battle system, I thought the story was cool, the characters and world were amazing. Isaac would be so fun to play as in Smash, and there's so much good music and stages that could be added with him. Someday I hope he gets to be considered classic enough that he gets a chance.

Prediction for Bandana Dee: 75%

Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x3, Elma x2

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Isaac
Just like King K. Rool (although to a much greater extent), Isaac's main problem is crippling irrelivancy.

Want: 30%
Eh, he'd be cool, I guess. I've never played Golden Sun (which I should remedy because it looks pretty good), but Isaac could have a unique moveset using all of his magic powers. I want other characters more than him though

Bandanna Dee Prediction: 62.81%

Nomination: Waluigi x5

NessSaysOkay

Smash Apprentice
Issac

Want:55%
I have no expirience with Golden Sun, but he seems cool and his Synergy could be interesting

Chance:10%
The fact that his Assist Trophy was cut is the nail in the coffin for him. It's not gonna happen. His series is dormant, and in the game that is most recent, he wasn't even the main character.

Nomination:Concept:Mother/Earthbound Newcomer x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Isaac

Chances: 15%
Was dropped as an assist trophy and just seems to have been forgotten by Nintendo nya. Unless they nyannonce a nyu Golden Sun game, I can't see it happening mew

Want: 65%
Never played a Golden Sun game before, but I've seen enough to think he'd be nyalright to be in the roster nya.

Top Bottom