• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sora
It's tempting to link dozens of songs from KH's amazing soundtrack, but i'll stick with just one.

I know I say that we have no way of knowing ballot results all the time, but this is one case im confident in. This is the only character other than Bayonetta im certain did well on the ballot (regardless of any logic). KH as a series has had plenty of time on Nintendo systems and is a huge franchise by itself. And with plenty of moveset potential, Sora fills every quota for being a big-deal third party in smash.

Just one "little" problem. He's owned by Disney. For some reason Square Enix does not own Sora which complicates things. Disney is extremely protective of its IPs. Sora has shown up in other things before but it's usually very stingy. As much as anyone from Square would want Sora in, they have no say. Anything involving Square Enix is irrelevant. It comes down to Sakurai wanting to see it happen, Disney not being stingy, and Nintendo's lawyers being able to work things out.

I know nothing of how this would go down since i've never seen businesses negotiate for anything like this so I can't give a strong opinion either way. My final result is that Sora is absolutely a strong possibility. But he has one, immense mouse shaped road block in the way.

Want: 100%
KH is one of my favorite series of all time. I ****ing love it. I've wanted to see Sora in smash for years. He's awesome and has a bunch of awesome moves to choose from. I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about him other than the fact I would inevitably be disappointed when Leon doesn't show up

Noms
Marth and Roy get English VAs x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Sora

Chance - 0%

Now, I really am not a huge fan of giving out 0%'s in terms of chance. Sakurai's super unpredictable, and we all know that. Over the course of this year's RTC, I've only given one out: to the idea of Young Link returning as a clone. However, I feel like as we start getting into the more "bottom of the barrel" characters, I can start shoveling them out a bit more. And what's a better way to start with this guy?

I think Sora doesn't have a single shot for numerous reasons: being the series' lack of relevancy on Nintendo platforms, the competition he faces from other Square Enix characters, and the elephant in the room, being the fact that he is owned by Disney.

Kingdom Hearts is a series that has always been associated with the Sony brand, more than anything else. None of the main series games have ever come near a Nintendo platform, with having four handheld only spinoff titles, with only two of them being exclusive. I know that a lack of relevancy on Nintendo consoles hasn't stopped characters in the past getting into Smash, but Cloud and Snake both had their reasons. Snake represented Konami as a whole, a company with a very long history with Nintendo, and Cloud both represented Square Enix, another company with a long history with Nintendo, and the Final Fantasy series, a series which is only what it is today due to its first six games on Nintendo consoles.

Sora doesn't really represent Square Enix, because Cloud already does that job fine, and isn't representing an extremely iconic franchise that had started on Nintendo consoles either.

Even in the case where we were to get another Square Enix character, he faces direct competition with two characters: a Dragon Quest representative and Geno from Super Mario RPG. Dragon Quest is a significantly more iconic and popular franchise than Kingdom Hearts is, and Sakurai has already stated in the past that he is aware of Geno's popularity and how he himself even wanted him in Smash. In the case of a new Square Enix character, I can't see it being anyone else than these two.

There's also one teensy-weensy but ever-so-crucial little tiny detail about Sora.

He's Disney owned. Everyone else in this thread has already mentioned it, but this is easily the biggest thing holding Sora back. Even if he was extremely prominent on Nintendo consoles, and the Dragon Quest and Super Mario RPG had never existed, I'd still give him an extremely small chance rate for this alone.

Want - 0%

Not a fan.

Nominations:
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5
(once again I normally just use the nominations of the post above me but I'd rather not waste a day on discussing not only something that's super likely, but also just talking about voice actors instead of anything else)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Sora

Chance: 1%

I will agree with BluePikmin that actually getting Sora in Smash would be a big deal. A character whose chances have been dismissed by a lot of people simply because he is owned by Disney. The reaction videos we would get out of it would be insane. But yeah. Lots of hurdles Sakurai would have to go through. He will need Nomura's help in convincing the higher ups of Disney to let Sora. Also, Sora's keyblade actually has Mickey Mouse's head as a keychain. Sora won't be the only thing Sakurai would have sign to get the rights to use in Smash.

Want: 50%
I actually started with Kingdom Heart II and never played KH1 until the collection released on PS4. If Sora's actually in, wonderful. If he's not, that's fine by me.

Nominations
Marth and Roy get their English VAs x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sora

Disney.

Want: 25%

I wouldn't mind him, but I'd honestly prefer Mickey Mouse or Darth Vader. Not that either of those two are ever happening of course.

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance-2%
Want- 50%

Not my first pick for a second Square rep but otherwise ok. Not that it matters, since Disney owns the character. Honestly if it was just up to Square he would be here already.

And to be perfectly blunt if I was allowed a Square character it's Geno, and if I was allowed a Disney character, it would be Wreck it Ralph.

Nominations- Tora and Poppi x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think there was something with Dissidia that makes people think that. Just throwing that out there and I'm too lazy to look up what it was even about but that was it.
Do you mean this?

We made a game where characters from various FF games got together to battle, Dissidia, but that was a project we were originally thinking of using for KH. However, deciding it would be a bad idea to make Disney characters fight each other, it never materialized for KH and ended up shifting to FF. Even this time we thought that it would be difficult to bring out Disney characters and have them fight each other in multiplayer, and wondering what to do, we arrived at the idea of using Organization XIII.
The reason for the rejection of KH fighting game is not because of Disney's strictness, but because Nomura did not think it was a good idea. This creative decision had nothing to do with Disney having strict control. Even if that was really the case, recent cases of Disney allowing KH content in other Square games have shown Disney's openness of utilizing the KH IP, showing major growth in relationship of Square Enix and Disney. Whatever potentially happened back in Dissidia would no longer be an issue due to that growth.

But then again Nintendo was pretty darn strict when it came to Bowser in Wreck-It Ralph iirc too but he's in Smash.
Link for reference.

In terms of Nintendo's relationship with Disney, their relationship is pretty strong. With the example you brought, Nintendo was strict yes, but based on what was said by Clark Spencer, what feedback Nintendo gave back then was not to a point where Nintendo and Disney would have separated ways. Otherwise, we might have not gotten Disney games like Disney Art Academy and Disney Magical World 1+2, both of which are published by Nintendo.

Although I know Smash is growing and devs have a lot to gain from a Smash promotion, I think Disney isn't the company that would gain too much from Smash since they're already a bazillionaire company.
Disney would definitely know how profitable Sora appearing in one of the biggest fighting games would be, that is one of the biggest opportunities they would have in establishing a great profit while also forming an even closer relationship with Nintendo. It should not be easily brushed off just because Disney have better money making opportunities, Disney themselves have created SEVERAL decades worth of merchandise and collaborations that are of smaller scale than the big budget animated movies they make. With the relationship Nintendo and Disney have grown up to this point, they would have an easier time adjusting the amount of profit both companies would earn for both of their benefits, that includes Sakurai.

When that potential negotiation does come, even if Disney was strict in how Sora would play in the game, their potential complaints would go as far as accurately portraying the character, just like Square Enix with Cloud's addition. The matters with profits and business would have already been smoothly settled by then, no longer being an issue when Sakurai develops Sora for Smash. Disney is not going to suddenly bail out on a very profitable opportunity. It is very hard to imagine a worse case scenario where Sakurai and Disney have so many creative differences in gameplay. Both would be addressing feedback for the sake of implementing Sora in Smash in the best way possible. And with talent Sakurai has for implement characters in Smash gameplay smoothly and how he managed to overcome developing Cloud while being addressed by Square Enix with harsh feedback, it would be a task that Sakurai can definitely overcome.

Also I don't see why Nomura would be the head chief for the negotiations as Disney owns KH. If the man to watch was indeed Nomura I think Sora would be a pretty big frontrunner.
Sora is Nomura's character, Nomura would definitely have a say on the matter on whether he gets in or not. Disney is definitely the forefront obstacle, but Nomura would be the car key to start the vehicle of a possible Sora negotiation.

Last edited:

Megaban

Smash Cadet
SORA
Chance -3%

Not impossible. But very unlikely. Being 3rd party, not THAT iconic and kind of Disney engulfed, so hard to see him coming.

Want -30%
Don't care about him, but honestly I think there are more needed, and more deserving choices for 3rd parties, so.

Nominations: Lana x5

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Sora

Chance: 20%

Again, we live in the world where Cloud happened and Bayonetta happened and Sora is a character who definitely resonates with more of the Nintendo style fan base than both. That said, th biggest hardship about this is that Disney is notorious for its handling of IP (see the hardships and actually asinine decisions and mandates placed upon Capcom when developing Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite) and Sora's inclusion would rather directly bring Disney into the mix for consultation on how the character should be portrayed as well as creative limitations on really asinine things in portrayal if Disney so chose.

Seriously, Disney Marvel actually told Capcom that for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, an entry in a long storied fighting game franchise, they didn't want depictions of Marvel characters getting hurt... If that's not a scary idea of how serious their creative control is, idk what is.

Want: 80%

Surprisingly high from myself, but after watching a friend's play through of 1 & 2 I recognize this character as someone who'd be rad to see in a Smash context, especially if they manage to do the absolute impossible and actually give him his Disney character summons.

Nominations: Lip x 3, Wonder Red x 2

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sora
Chances:
40%

Start by remembering that Square Enix is now really part of Smash Bros.
And also take into account that the most complicated character to enter Smash Bros by Square Enix, Cloud of FF7, is already inside the game.
I imagine that as second rep Sora just misses in chances for Chrono, but I may be wrong.
The only thing in my opinion that reduces his chances, it is Disney to have part of the rights.
But I really believe he would look great in the game.

Nomination: Agumon x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Sora

Chance: 1% - Well, anything can happen, and with Sora's popularity, it's possible Sakurai may consider trying to get him. However, the licensing makes Sora incredibly unlikely.

Want: 0% - Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sora
Chances:
40%

Start by remembering that Square Enix is now really part of Smash Bros.
And also take into account that the most complicated character to enter Smash Bros by Square Enix, Cloud of FF7, is already inside the game.
I imagine that as second rep Sora just misses in chances for Chrono, but I may be wrong.
The only thing in my opinion that reduces his chances, it is Disney to have part of the rights.
But I really believe he would look great in the game.

Nomination: Agumon x5
Disney doesn't own "part of" Sora's rights.
They own 100% of Sora's rights.

Square Enix doesn't own any part of him.

D

Deleted member

Sora
Chances:0.2%
Want:100%

Prediction:
Dark matter- 20.5%

Noms- Sable Prince x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Sora
Chance: 2%
Aside from the whole issue with Disney, You literally cannot have Kingdom Hearts without the Disney characters and references.

Want: 0%
I'd rather have Rocket Slime as the secondary for Square.

Nominate Klonoa x5

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Chance: 10%
Disney can be quite demanding. It's not impossible but I feel like Sora is a bit of a long shot

Want: 90%
Kingdom Hearts II is simply the greatest game ever made. Sora is an awesome character and I'd love him to join Smash. The only reason my want isn't 100 is because I know they'd go with the ridiculous KH1 design. I don't know why Square hates the KH2 design when it looks so awesome but I can't fix that.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance: 45%

Definitely recognizable and recent. It's really a matter of considering if getting the rights to use him is worth the expense.

Want: 1%

I would just play SSF2 if I really wanted him.

Nominations: Lip x5

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 5%. Along with Crash and Rayman, he might be one of the few mega third party characters left... but like Banjo, probably more trouble than he's worth for Nintendo. I'm not confident he did super well on the ballot (maybe top 20). Sakurai might also feel he can't represent the character/universe properly if he can't show any actual Disney elements. Still, there's a part of me that can see him getting into the game somehow.

Want: 0%. I'll just be polite and say "no thanks."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sora

The mouse makes this scenario almost impossible.

Want: 0%
Never played Kingdom Hearts and the guy looks kinda dumb imo.

Dark Matter prediction: 8.22%

Nominating KOS-MOS x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh boy this is going to be a fun day. And this is going to be doozy

Sora

Chance: 0%

Yes I think he really is that unlikely.

Sora has a very major obstacle. And that is Disney, the most copyright Zealous company known to man. I'm playing a game which Sora is included and oh boy the treatment of KH in that game. It's Final Fantasy Record Keeper btw. And here's a detailed write up here.

https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-for-switch-discussion.434391/page-850#post-22008694

I played his games and they were pretty fun but I'm not that attached. But I won't be happy about seeing copyright Disney on every single KH thing like in FFRK. I don't want this meme to spread.

Dark Matter Prediction: 8.71%

Nominate Lucas x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Sora

Chance: 100%
Everyone saying "well they can't get the license" is being ridiculous. Literally every single time people say this, they've been proven wrong. They said this about Mega Man because Capcom and Inafune were feuding, but then Sakurai said he asked Capcom and they agreed without a second thought. They said this about Banjo-Kazooie because they're owned by Microsoft, but then Phil Spencer himself said there'd be no problem. this has been brought up for pretty much every 3rd-party newcomer at some point, and it's always been wrong.

"B-but Disney" yes, Disney is really copyright crazy, but they also like money. Smash Bros. is a massive series, the latest entry sold more than KH 1 and II and all of their rereleases combined. Having Sora as a playable character is basically free advertising. There is no logical reason they would say no.

Anyway, Sora is a prime candidate for a newcomer. He's extremely popular, he has a long history with Nintendo, and he has a new game coming out at the same time as Smash Bros. Plus, he knows Nomura now because of Cloud, so Sora has his ridiculously large foot in the door.

Kingdom Hearts is my all-time favorite video game series aside from Smash Bros. For Sora to be in Smash Bros. is something I used to dare not even dream of, but now that it's actually a possibility I'm so happy. If he actually gets in, I don't know what I'd even do. Probably have a heart attack from the hype. Also, we're getting KH3 and SSB5 this year, how amazing is that?

Dark Matter prediction: 15%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x3
Funky Kong x2

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Sora

Simply put, there's too much Disney schlock in the way, and apparently legally can't have one of their characters be seen losing to another companies' characters.

Want: 1%
I've never cared for the series, so I really have no desire to play as him at all. Also I'm not exactly excited to shove another third party character into smash just because we can. The only third party characters I'd honestly be fine with are DOOMguy and Amaterasu.

Nominations: Fawful x5

Last edited:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Sora
Chances: 1%

Like many have already pointed out, Disney. And no amount of Disney licensed games is gonna help his case.

I like Kindgom Hearts and would welcome his inclusion, but I'm not gonna be torn up if someone else gets in over him. Honestly, I can't really think of any other Square characters I could even want.

Nominations:
Primarina x 5

D

Deleted member

:4pit:'s competitor for the next Death Battle (for which reasons precisely again?)

Chance: 0%
Disney.

Want: abstain
0 experience with his series so I can't tell anything about him. So as I am smart I won't rate him in this category.

Noms:
Concept: Female announcer x5

Dark Matter prediction: 14.26%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
sora

chances: 40% hes unlikely but not impossible true hes owned by disney but theyre not against working together (disney art academy) so who knows maybe

want: 90% i love kingdom hearts so i wouldnt be against it

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sora
Like others keep repeating is that Disney is a huge obstacle. It's one thing to get Sora and KH content in another Disney game/FF game. (and even that was difficult) But a Nintendo game is a whole 'nother thing. There are too many egos involved. Maybe if it was just Nomura and Sakurai I could see it but throw Dinsey in the mix and things get complicated. Too many big egos.

Want: 3%
He might be neat. I like the series more for it's Disney content than it's original KH content.

Predictions for Dark Matter
Chance: 6%
Want: 10%

Nominations:
Barbara × 3
Slime ×2

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Sora
Chance - 3%
I'm not seeing it. Could happen, but it's very unlikely.
Want - 7%
Another anime looking swordsman/woman is not what we really lack.

Nominations - 5x Greninja

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sora
Chance: 10%
The same rating I give every third party. They are way too unpredictable and every one of them is potentially possible at least. Even in Sora's case I think anything can happen.

Want: 60%
Kingdom hearts is fun and Sora was cool. It would be neat to see what he could do in smash. Especially with all his fancy abilities.

nominations: Ashley (Warioware) x5

Slyshock

Smash Apprentice
Between Your Deepest Dreams and Warmest Wishes
NNID
Slyshock
Sora

Chance: 5%
Due to Sakurai unpredictability it'd be hasty to say any given character doesn't have a chance of making the cut, so I won't go any lower than this. Even if Disney felt like playing fast and loose with Sora, I can only assume that they'd be a tad more protective of their main moneymakers from the silver screen.

While it'd certainly be possible to only utilize the standard fare JRPG cast that the Kingdom Hearts series increasingly focuses on, it'd hardly leave the sort of impression it could on general audiences. I'm sure Sakurai would be loathe to go through so much effort to include a character whose representation would underwhelm people, so to truly make this the megaton announcement it'd deserve to be he'd have to delve into the greater Disney universe and pull in the toons. Donald and Goofy appearing for some moves would be a given, but imagine the bombshell it'd be if an E3-timed showcase revealed a Smash bout on Pride Rock.

Settling on this to avoid abstaining, and the average want ought to be higher than what it'll end up being anyhow. That being said, there are too many complicated factors at play to properly measure how much I'd like Sora in Smash. Just my own thoughts on and experiences with the games are enough of a hassle to sort out, throwing the implications of non-game representation (or lack thereof) on top of that makes my head spin. At the very least I can say he's got a few interesting moveset possibilities, between his forms, his summons, his magic, his action abilities and his movement options.

Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance - 0.05% - Oh, boy, given how much hard work it is to get ol' Mickey to cooperate, it's hard to say if they will. Kingdom hearts can be crazy hard to negotiate with, even inside Disney itself. Sora is crazy popular, but with lower-hanging fruit I think they will give him a pass.

Want - 40% - I have no strong opinions on most RPG characters. That said, the licensing on him would probably be way higher than typical, so I'm more wary.

Predictions

Dark Matter - 7.47% - Bandanna Dee is a thing.

Nominations
Arle Nadja X5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sora Chances and Want:

1%

Sorry BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 but I feel Sora is one of those characters who shouldn't even be in Smash anytime soon or ever and I'm being harsh here. The whole Disney nightmare wouldn't work out either way and it can become greedy.

Only reason I'm giving it a 1 percent is because of THE SOUNDTRACK BAH GAWD

Nominations:

Zeroara x2
Gengar x3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If you guys can name me specific details and evidence in the Sora negotiation that would make negotiation between Nintendo and Disney too complex and hard, then maybe I will understand the devil's advocate side. Right now, I see most ratings having Disney as a big problem, but no further specification beyond why that is the case. I just see the process of negotiating being as simple as:

1. Sakurai thinking about third-party surprises for Smash, becomes willing to negotiate Sora for Smash.
2. Talking to Nomura for creator permission, possibly asking Square Enix's permission too.
3. Talking to Disney for a Sora negotiation, negotiating possible business deals that would benefit both Nintendo and Disney, with Square Enix and Nomura possibly aiding the negotiation for JP to EN communication purposes. Given Nintendo's relationship with Disney now, I see business deals going rather smoothly, rather than ending up in chaos.
4. Making a finalized deal.

It is not that complicated. What does the devil's advocate side have to say about this?

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Sora

Chance: 5%
Sora is relevant enough as to where they might want to work it out.

Why wouldn't I want Sora in the game? He'd be a great character.

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x1
Geno x1
Lana x1
Micaiah x1
Tethu x1

:171:

StormC

Smash Hero
The phrases “devil’s advocate” implies people hold their opinion just to be contrary. They don’t. They just don’t think legal negotiations with Disney are something any of us know the logistics or practicality of. You can say it’s as easy as pie to set up your argument but at the end of the day it’s just your argument.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Sora

Chance and want: 0%

Disney plays a big role in his liscensing so I don't see it happening. I like Sora and I'm enjoying kingdom hearts but when it comes to smash and my wants, anime and sword looking characters are my lowest wants

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I just see the process of negotiating being as simple as:

1. Sakurai thinking about third-party surprises for Smash, becomes willing to negotiate Sora for Smash.
2. Talking to Nomura for creator permission, possibly asking Square Enix's permission too.
3. Talking to Disney for a Sora negotiation, negotiating possible business deals that would benefit both Nintendo and Disney, with Square Enix and Nomura possibly aiding the negotiation for JP to EN communication purposes. Given Nintendo's relationship with Disney now, I see business deals going rather smoothly, rather than ending up in chaos.
4. Making a finalized deal.

It is not that complicated. What does the devil's advocate side have to say about this?
You act like all that is simple. That's a lot more negotiating than the average 3rd party character. That's three different companies having to negotiate with each other. Three! And one of them is Disney!

Maybe if it was just Nintendo and Disney. Maybe if it was just Nintendo and Square Enix. But but all three is just too much. I think Sakurai could do it if he was willing to jump through a lot of flaming hoops.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Sora chances: 12%
He's certainly popular, as I suspect he did well on the ballot, and his inclusion would be pretty hype-worthy, but the company he's owned by may be a problem. Not as much as for Banjo & Kazooie I think, compared to them I think the negotiation forces would exist to a lesser extent, but reversed: for Banjo I said it was Nintendo who might be hesitant, and for Sora I'd expect Disney to be the one to be hesitant. It might be easier if Sakurai is willing to not put other Disney content alongside Sora, which is certainly possible considering how bare-bones the Final Fantasy content is in Smash 4, but might reduce part of the appeal of Sora.

Sora want: abstain
I don't have a personal connection with him, but at the same time I feel like his inclusion would be a pretty big deal. My perception of his inclusion would also depend on the Disney content put alongside him; although I don't want Mickey and co to be playable, having them represented in some form in their KH appearance might be a big deal (although I think they definitely shouldn't be playable). Overall I don't really feel like quantifying how much I'm interested in him.

Dark Matter Blade prediction: 10.11%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x5

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
ok sora time
chance 5%
he has to much against him with disney and SE would both have to agree and is he really that big of a character I think 3rd party characters should be the biggest icons around and I don't think he qualifies

want Abstain
don't care enough about him to give him a want rate

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Sora

Chance- 15%
From talking to my friends that casually play games, he's really popular with that kind of crowd. I think he'd sell Smash copies as easily as Sonic or Pac Man, despite being nowhere near as old or having nearly as big of an impact as the two. KH also is very well received, and sells well. He would very obviously break the internet.

Now, let's get to that elephant(s)...

Disney. Negotiations could go very smoothly, could go south the minute Nintendo's lawyers say the phrase "We want to use your characters". I don't know enough to come up with such a conclusion.

On a gameplay level, there is also the factor that we don't know if Sakurai would break the "characters must originate from a video game "mold by including the Disney characters commonly featured in KH like Mickey, Donald or Goofy. Yeah, there's ROB, Lucario, and Dr. Kawashima (as an assist) that make appearances in Smash Bros, but none of them are... well, Mickey, Donald or Goofy. KH wouldn't properly be represented without them, and I think the them making cameos in the game would bring as much headlines as Sora himself.

Want- 10%
KH is on my backlog, never played it (it's sitting in the depths of my PS2 emulator folder right now). Maybe if I actually played the game I'd want him more, but I still think the reactions would be amazing. Not against his inclusion but there are many other 3rd parties I have attachments to that I still want to see.

Dark Matter- 6.91%

Thwomp X 5

Top Bottom