• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Ryu Hayabusa

Chance: 10%
Ninja Gaiden is a franchise that seems to have more infamy than influence. For an old and "classic" title, it's hard to find what exactly constitutes its legacy, let alone the weight needed to build up a strong support base. Even in a Smash game with plenty of open newcomer slots, this particular Ryu would have ways to go and plenty of other third-parties to cut down before he reached the end of the line, whether because of a lack of either relevance or popularity.

Want: 1%
Twitch controls and meticulously-practiced reaction timings are the last things on my mind when I think of "fun video games". Ryu Hayabusa doesn't have any glaring holes to fill in the roster, as Koei Tecmo isn't what most people think of as an unrepresented game company, so his absence isn't something I'd feel anytime soon.

Prediction:
Wonder Red: 6%

Nominations:
Sans (Boss character) x10

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ryu Hayabusa

+Would be easily adaptable and could be relatively unique
+Big NES retro gaming character

-Previously unrepresented 3rd-party dev means they would need to have totally separate negotiations with Koei Tecmo for the rights
-Ninja Gaiden is puny compared to Pac-Man, Sonic, Final Fantasy, and not nearly as big as Metal Gear, Street Fighter, Mega Man or even Castlevania. Bayonetta is the only series with sales lower instead of much higher, but the ballot was supposedly why
-But also Platinum having a good relationship w/Nintendo and Bayonetta's games going Nintendo exclusive probably were more important factors. Ninja Gaiden has definitely not been particularly focused on Nintendo consoles.
-Sheik and Greninja already represent ninja archetypes. Ryu would be different, of course, but it's not a totally new thing

Ryu Hayabusa chances: 5%
Negotiations with a whole new third-party for a character that is significantly less iconic or distinctive and not Nintendo-focused... Probably not gonna happen.
Ryu Hayabusa want: 30%
I'm sure he'd be fine, and I appreciate the NES history, but he just doesn't seem that iconic to me. I don't think there are that many 3rd-parties that ought to make it in at this point, personally (hell, if it were up to me, Bayo and Snake would be cut and Cloud would be replaced by an SNES-era FF character like Terra or a Moogle or something)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Ryu Hayabusa
Chance: 8% -
He's an NES icon for sure, but not on the same level as Mega Man or Simon. Beyond that, he's not particularly requested, and he'd be dealing with yet another third party company. I don't think we've got much more room for 3rd Parties.
Want: 35% - Not the biggest fan of his franchise, but his legacy speaks for itself.

Prediction: Wonder-Red
Chance: 7.68%
Want: 30.21%

Nominations
Frank West x5

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
I've never even heard him discussed.

Want: 70%
He's an awesome character from a game series that has some real history with Nintendo. He deserves it almost if not as much as Simon.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Chances: 19%
Surprisingly, rating Ryu Hayabusa is a pretty difficult one. Koei Tecmo have a relationship with Nintendo via previous collabs such as Metroid: Other M and Hyrule Warriors, along with the co-ownership deal of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame franchise. Their latest big game starring Ryu, Dead or Alive 6, isn't coming to Nintendo systems yet that proved no deterrent for either Cloud... or other Ryu. Ninja Gaiden is a series a lot of people remember on the NES, albeit for it's insane difficulty, and I could see how some many have voted for him enough in polls to get him noticed.​
Possible deterrents I'd say would be how Koei Tecmo could be represented through other easier means (the aforementioned co-owned Project Zero/Fatal Frame franchise) along with the very bloody and brutal nature of Ninja Gaiden games (at least as they are now known). Competition 3rd party wise is also pretty stiff, and I never saw much talk for Ryu; plenty of other 3rd party characters were likely voted for or mentioned in far greater numbers. I always give 3rd party characters lower ratings, but Ryu... I actually feel I have to give him somewhat better chances than I normally would a 3rd party.​

Want: 9%
Sega's Shinobi series (and in turn, Joe Muashi) always struck me as more enjoyable... plus, not a particular fan of Ryu Hayabusa (though I don't dislike him either). My familiarity with him comes more so from the Dead or Alive games, which I have many other characters I prefer (Hitomi's my main, but if Dead or Alive were to be represented in SSB, I'd naturally choose Kasumi). Furthermore, when it comes to Koei Tecmo, you may notice there is a series I'd much rather see represented in Smash due to them having a much stronger ownership connection to Nintendo... that'd be Project Zero/Fatal Frame. Hey, they even got a trophy for the series in Super Smash Bros 4.​
I heard we have 10 nomination votes this time so... here we go:
Nominations: x3 Fatal Frame Protagonist
x3 Volleyball Girl (Volleyball)
x2 Donbe and HIkari (Shin Onigashima)
x2 King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)

I can't believe that Ayane from Dead or Alive has a support thread but Kasumi doesn't... not that I support either one (again, don't really support 3rd parties for SSB with the technical exception to the co-owned Fatal Frame series), but to see the main character passed up like that kind of bothers me.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Brief update.

One. I feel that since both Kamek and Canon voicelines are dead, we should do something else. I feel concept days are best for this, as I do not want us to force even more rerates. In my opinion, the best concepts that I feel we could rate are Concept: Monster Hunter Stage (not officially announced, some people think Rathalos is for a story mode) and Concept: Adventure Mode/Story Mode. Both of these concepts are teased, but I feel we could discuss them more. If you guys would want to discuss them further please let me know. Due to Kamek's day coming up, you have until the 20th to voice your opinion.

Also I have the pokemon calcs done, so the graveyard will be updated. The rest of the front page should be updated Monday or Tuesday.

Decidueye
28.85% Chance (Previously 57.87%)
57.37% Want (Previously 65.20%)

And we have the sharpest decline in chance so far. The birds chance score got cut in half. I wonder how people would be now after the Vergeben stuff. From the pokemon of choice to a great fall and now it might get lower again...

Lycanroc

33.10% Chance (Previously 37.42%)
40.86% Want (Previously 41.85%)

Well a bit of a downturn, but the dog is now seen as more likely than the bird. Talk about an about face. Want score is still lower, but we shall see

Mimikyu (RIP :( )

27.64% Chance (Previously 37.61%)
41.86% Want (Previously 46.91%)

Ironically, out of the big three pokemon, Mimikyu ended up being the least likely after this. Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak here ya go.

Day over, rate Wonder Red and Predict Concept: Female Announcer.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wonder Red
Chance 1%
I don't think we're getting anymore new franchises unless they're from old school retro games.
Want 23%
He'd be cool I think

Predict female announcer 5%

Nominate no more stages xMax.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Wonder Red:

Chance: 30%: I don't think he's a bad choice for smash, mainly because we don't have any stereotypical super hero looking characters in the game. It seems like the smash roster is going to be populated with more commonly requested characters though and I haven't heard anyone calling for him yet.

Want: 30%: Legit had no idea who this was, and looking at him I thought he was Dash from the Incredibles at first. There are very few characters I'm completely against getting in, and even though I know nothing about Wonder Red I think he could be a fun character. That being said, if he doesn't get in I probably won't care and will forget all about him until we're nominting people for Smash 6.

Concept: Female Announcer:

Chance: 50%: Hell, why not. Can't really make a case why this should or shouldn't happen.

Want: 50%: Basically a toss up for me. Doesn't really do much for me either way, and I'd probably forget the female voice is new after the first few times I heard it.

Nomination: Nathan Drake x5
Yandere Chan(Yandere Simulator) x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Wonder Red

-Early Wii U game with no sequels since, which makes it not really that relevant
-Game didn't sell that impressively (could be blamed on poor Wii U console sales, but Bayonetta 2 sold a lot better on Wii U, for example)
-Game probably won't be ported since it required the touchscreen so it would require significant changes
-Another 3rd-party, but for the aforementioned reasons, not an iconic one
+But Platinum Games has already agreed to have Bayonetta in the game, so it would be easy to get the rights
-Platinum Games doesn't perhaps warrant multiple characters, much less multiple series
-Wonder Red being an AT or returning as a trophy, etc. would seem more likely
-But I wouldn't even be surprised if Wonder Red didn't return as a trophy
+His support for Wii U/DLC was not totally negligible in the US. He wasn't a top 10, but there was some.
-But how do we know that he has much support elsewhere?
-Also, I would imagine his support has dropped quite a bit as the game fades into the past, given that it really doesn't seem that notable to me and there's no planned sequel

Wonder Red chances: 0.5%
Old news, game just did ok, Platinum Games has its bigger star in already (Bayo), so there's really no reason for him to be in.
He doesn't have nostalgia, he's not iconic, he's not lucrative, no marketing tie-in... so why?

Wonder Red want: 5%
He could be unique, but I really don't see how he would be worthy. I didn't really connect with the game when I played the demo, so that adds to the meh.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wonder Red

Chance: 2%
Character from a poorly sold game on a last gen console that also sold poorly. At best he'll make it in as an assist trophy.

Want: Abstain.
Don't know anything about him so I won't comment.

Female announcer predictions: 6.3% (chance)
Are we supposed to predict the chance percent or the want percent?

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x10

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Unite... DISCUSS!

Chance: 12%
:_:
The Wonderful 101 is a cult classic for the Wii U library, and probably won't have a great shot for showing up in Smash Bros as a playable character unless somehow Wonder Red got 100 million votes.

Want: 75%
Wonder Red and any more Wonderful 101 (and a Switch port of TW101) content from Nintendo and Platinum is a dream that I'd love see one day, but I'm willing to reconcile the fact he may not get added at all. I'd be super hyped for it, but I'm not going to cry if he's not here in Smash as a playable character. Even an Assist Trophy would satisfy me at this point.

D

Deleted member

Wonder Red
Want: 50%

The Wonderful 101 has its fans, but it didn't prevent it to be a commercial flop on a flopped system. With a possible tease indicating that a port and/or a sequel could be planned though, all of his chances aren't completely out yet.
Either way, I'll still be neutral on his potential inclusion. If he's in, okay, if he's out, oh well.

Noms:
Metroidvania-like adventure mode x10

Female announcer prediction: 9.24%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Power Rangers 101

Although he has a great shot at DLC, being an underperforming game in an underperforming console does not help. But, it is a brand new Nintendo IP and I see it having a future.

Want: 100%
It’s also quite awesome. And really, if people are gonna ***** about swordsmen being repetitive, at least they could get behind characters with unique moveset potential like Wonder Red. Otherwise it feels hypocritical.

Nominations: NintenX5

(Speaking of nominations, updated list coming soon!)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright, having spoken to TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom about this, I will handle the nominations list as long as Wyoming Wyoming isn’t available. Without further ado...

Saber x295
Viridi x278
Nihilego x275
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x255
Katrielle Layton x243
Concept: Style Savvy Character x235
Dragonite x232

Over 200

Scorpion x231
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Django x215
Rowlet x210
Ninten x208
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x205

200 - 151

Ray x198
Concept: Hanafuda Character x192
Balloon Fighter x190
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x190
DeMille x188
Papyrus x175
Louie x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
Tsubasa Oribe x155

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveler Character x150
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x148
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x145
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x135
Terry Bogard x132
Stage: Poke Floats x130
Barbara x122
Klonoa x117
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Item: Beast Ball x112
2B x111
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Raiden x105
Susie x104
Daroach x102

100 - 51

Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x100
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Gooey x94
Tora & Poppi x92
Ken Masters x90
Medusa x90
Edelgard x85
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x85
Fjorm x80
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Rick/Cool/Kine x69
Item: Breidablik x65
Zeraora (Pokemon) x64
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Heihachi x60
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x59
Slime x58
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Frank West x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Chorus Kids x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Tapu Koko x45
Rhythm Girl x40
No More Stages x40
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Nathan Drake x35
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25

Under 25

Adeleine x24
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Master Chief x20
Concept: Target Test & Platforms Test stage builder x20
Jin Kazama x20
Dovahkiin x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Earthworm Jim x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x15
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
[Rerate] Shadow the Hedgehog x10
Break the Targets x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Gardevoir x10
[Rerate] Isabelle x10
[Rerate] Dixie Kong x10
Metal Sonic x10
Magolor x10
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Sans as a boss character x10
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Alm x5
Nia x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Concept: Valve Character x5
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x5
Concept: Gyromite Stage x5
Donbe and Hikari x2
King Hippo x2
Diskun x1

Dragonite kicks Scorpion off the Top 7, landing in that coveted seventh spot.

Rowlet, Ninten, and Reinhardt getting a trophy all break though 200 noms.

Louie rockets past 150 nominations.

Frank West has covered more than 50 nominations.

No More Stages, Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode and Nathan Drake go over 25 noms each.

As for new challengers, we have Magolor, Ryuhi from Flying Dragon, and Sans as a boss character (10 noms each), the concept of a Gyromite stage with 5 noms, and King Hippo and Donbe & Hikari (2 noms each).

(By the way, I’m keeping the canon voices on there until a stance is taken on what it’ll be replaced by.)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Wonder Red 13%
He has a small but dedicated following who probably were supportive enough in the ballot and have a non-negligible presence online. His series may get another chance at life on the Switch like many Wii U games. Cool moveset potential and would be stylistically unique compared to other characters. I wouldn't hold my breath, but TW101 is in a better position than most other new first party IPs

Nom: Magolor x10

Seriously need to get this guy rated asap, he is the top character on fan polls we haven't already done among Japanese fans.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Red

Chance: 25%
Wonder Red might have a chance to be in Smash. They did manage to have Bayonetta in the game, so it wouldn't be a problem for Sakurai to approach Platinum Games in order for Wonder Red to be in. But, seeing that Ultimate focuses on fan favorites, I don't think he'll be in the base roster. He might have a shot at being DLC, however.

Want: 100%
To be honest, I'm a big fan of tokusatsu for a very long time and that's the reason why I loved The Wonderful 101 so much. I wouldn't mind having him in the game as Smash could really use a superhero-type character.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Wonder red
Chance: 5%

Has a decent amount of ballot support from what I've seen but that's kinda it. W101 flopped for obvious reasons so alot of people wouldn't know who he is unless they'll port his game to the Switch. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sakurai say in the ''Pic of the day'' on a Wonder Red trophy he could've been more than that if more people bought the game?

I'm also having some difficulty imagining his moveset, considering he heavily relies on 99 other people for combat, which would make most of his attacks larger than Bayo's Smash attacks. Lastly third party competition is always an issue.

Want: ABSTAIN

Female announcer: 3.38%

Punch Out newcomer x10

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Wonder Red

I don't think he's got a shot of getting with the wii u flopping the way it did. With Bayonetta being in I think that there's little chance for him to get in.

Want: 60%

Don't have much of an attachment to him however, he does has the potential moveset and can definitely stand out in smash if he got in.

Prediction Female Announcer: 10%

Punch Out newcomer x10

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
UNITE!

Want: 65%

Let's face it - the WiiU flopped, and these guys didn't get the visibility they should have.

I think before they're even considered for Smash, they need a port at least. He definitely looks cool, but I (and so many others) never played his game so there's probably not too much pull for him. I remember a lot of people really liked the idea though, so it's something people would be open to.

Predict for something that's already disconfirmed: 4.5%
Nom: Dovahkiin x10

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Wonder Red
chance
wiiu was a bust which would have been his chance. He is not exactly a iconic 3rp party yet the likes of Crash and even Rayman I think he won't make it. A stage would be cool but just not seeing him in it.
2%

want
He could have a interesting moveset where the more you use the more powerful he gets. But I feel that he would be better as a Assist Trophy than a full on charcter
30%

Female announcer 8%

nominating
Rick/Coo/Kin x10

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Wonder Red

Want: 0%

I'd be surprised if he was made playable. I'm leaning more towards Assist Trophy with him and his other buddies ganging up on all the other opponents.

Nomination
Black Knight Boss Fight x10

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I say scrap Kamek and the canon voices and swap in the concepts you suggested. A shame Bowser wasn't updated.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Wonder Red
Third party sports are running out, after Simon and Richter I see only one or two happening and I can't not see them being from Square/Ubisoft at this point.

No connection to the character, would rather see some bigger names for third parties.

Nominations: Medusa x 5

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Red
Chance: <=2%
Want: 85%

I love the Wonderful 101, I really do. Wonder Red has a ton of moveset potential if allowed to use the unite morphs other than the fist. Sure, the scaling would be weird if we assume that the sizes are the same as the original game, but if Wonder Red were considered, I can imagine Sora and Namco taking some creative liberties and just let him have mini-size versions of them. There are even great options for a final smash! And hell, from what I've heard, TW101 IS a Nintendo property despite being developed by Platinum! So being a 3rd party rep doesn't diminish his chances!

....That being said, as many have mentioned, the Wii U didn't do well, at all. And TW101 is arguably a lesser known game on the console, so the future of the series is... nonexistent, much to my dismay. And I'm doubtful about his ballot support being enough, too. Ultimate's taken quite a few long-requested characters, as well as high ballot picks. But with unique newcomers being sparse for this game, I think they'll shift priority to more highly requested characters such as Isaac, Bandana Dee, or perhaps even Paper Mario when it comes to first parties. It's a shame, because he's probably my fourth most wanted. I'd be damn happy if he showed up as an Assist Trophy, all things considered.

Nominations: Abstain

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wonder Red

Chance: 5% - Wonder Red has some hurdles to get over before he makes it into Smash. Wonderful 101 did not sell well at all, partially due to being released on a failure of a console. A fate many games and series suffered. I don't think Wonder Red's popularity compares to many other potential newcomers, and the only way I see him getting in at this point is if PlatinumGames specifically asks for him to be added. Sure, PlatinumGames and Sakurai are close, seeing as Bayonetta was added without actually 'winning' the Ballot, but I don't know if them asking would be enough.

Want: 0% - No interest.

Nominations: All to Deconfirmed Character DLC

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Wonder Red

Sadly, Wonderful 101 under-performed in sales, so it's unlikely to see the game get much focus or even become a series for a while. Hopefully Nintendo and Platinum will consider a sequel for a better performing system so it actually stands a chance next time.

Want: 90%
He would no doubt be ones of those crazy gimmick characters who bring an unheard of playstyle to Smash. I can get behind that. Also, I like super heroes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wonder Red

Chance: 3%
He's in the same league as folks like Henry and Tethu. New IP that bombed.

Want: 10%
With not too many roster spots left, I can't get too excited at the prospect.

Reinhardt trophy x5

Klimax

Smash Ace
Wonder Red

Chance: 0% I don't see it happening. A niche serie on a system that sold poorly has basically no chance. The game wasn't also a best seller. The Wonderful 101 has fans but i don't think there's enough people who want Red in the game. And since this game is all about fan service, he has basically no chance in my opinion.

Want: 20% While i really loved W101 and his super sentai atmosphere, i don't think Red deserves a spot. His serie is not iconic enough and we don't even know if we'll have a sequel someday. I also think that if we had to take a second Hideki Kamiya's character, Viewtiful Joe would be a much better choice. His serie might be dead, he's still an iconic character.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Fred
Chance: 1%
After the last character reveal it really looks like the Smash team is going for the heavy hitters to get people excited. Wonder Red is not that.

Want: 5%
He looks kinda cool. His game was a mess though.

Nominations:
Dragonite x5

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Brief update.

One. I feel that since both Kamek and Canon voicelines are dead, we should do something else.
Sorry to ask you this when I know you've been very busy as of late, but what's this about Kamek's rating being dead? Did he feature in one of the stages revealed in the direct(I didn't realise he even appeared in any of the stages... I think his wooly version might pop up in the Wooly World stage, but can't remember exactly) or something like that?

In any case, I should start my ratings for the day.

Wonder Red (Wonderful 101 series)
Chances: 29%
The situation with Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 is a tad confusing, as to this day we don't have precise confirmation on whether they are purely Platinum owned 3rd party or simply a Platinum made 1st party title. Normally I'd base the liscnecing situation off of the trophies in Super Smash Bros, but Super Smash Bros 4 really muddled that up with non-series represented 3rd party trophies. Still, Wonderful 101 had a lot of trophies dedicated to them, so I'm basing things off the belief that the Wonderful 101 series is Nintendo owned.​

The plethora of trophies is a good sign of Wonder Red's chances, and a stand-out design with decent potential for unique moves and ideas helps. Wonder Red would fit very well into SSB, and with the Switch version, I see the group-forming-attacks mechanics not being an issue for the system to handle. Wonderful 101 was an early Wii U exclusive and could do well to represent that system... if Splatoon didn't kind of already do that already. Add onto the fact that Wonderful 101 is only a single game series and wasn't a very successful game at that, leading to his voting in the ballot probably not being all too high. There are other series, both recent and older, which I believe have much stronger chances of being represented in SSB.​

Want: 72%
This want rating, is again, based on the idea that Wonderful 101 is Nintendo owned rather than 3rd party (Want rating would drop to below 50% mark if so). If a Nintendo series and character though, then I would love to see Wonder Red playable in SSB. I love the character and Wonderful 101 is one of my favourite games on the Wii U; it was the game that made me want to buy the Wii U day one (only later finding out it wasn't a launch title). I think his game's elements could go quite well for a fighter in SSB (I imagine his smash attacks not just being stronger, but also forming larger fists and such, which would be pretty neat) and Wonder Red would fit nicely alongside the roster of characters. I would also love to have Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire! as a Final Smash in the game.​

I believe we still have 10 nomination votes this time so... here I go:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sorry to ask you this when I know you've been very busy as of late, but what's this about Kamek's rating being dead? Did he feature in one of the stages revealed in the direct(I didn't realise he even appeared in any of the stages... I think his wooly version might pop up in the Wooly World stage, but can't remember exactly) or something like that?

In any case, I should start my ratings for the day.

Wonder Red (Wonderful 101 series)
Chances: 29%
The situation with Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 is a tad confusing, as to this day we don't have precise confirmation on whether they are purely Platinum owned 3rd party or simply a Platinum made 1st party title. Normally I'd base the liscnecing situation off of the trophies in Super Smash Bros, but Super Smash Bros 4 really muddled that up with non-series represented 3rd party trophies. Still, Wonderful 101 had a lot of trophies dedicated to them, so I'm basing things off the belief that the Wonderful 101 series is Nintendo owned.​

The plethora of trophies is a good sign of Wonder Red's chances, and a stand-out design with decent potential for unique moves and ideas helps. Wonder Red would fit very well into SSB, and with the Switch version, I see the group-forming-attacks mechanics not being an issue for the system to handle. Wonderful 101 was an early Wii U exclusive and could do well to represent that system... if Splatoon didn't kind of already do that already. Add onto the fact that Wonderful 101 is only a single game series and wasn't a very successful game at that, leading to his voting in the ballot probably not being all too high. There are other series, both recent and older, which I believe have much stronger chances of being represented in SSB.​

Want: 72%
This want rating, is again, based on the idea that Wonderful 101 is Nintendo owned rather than 3rd party (Want rating would drop to below 50% mark if so). If a Nintendo series and character though, then I would love to see Wonder Red playable in SSB. I love the character and Wonderful 101 is one of my favourite games on the Wii U; it was the game that made me want to buy the Wii U day one (only later finding out it wasn't a launch title). I think his game's elements could go quite well for a fighter in SSB (I imagine his smash attacks not just being stronger, but also forming larger fists and such, which would be pretty neat) and Wonder Red would fit nicely alongside the roster of characters. I would also love to have Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire! as a Final Smash in the game.​

I believe we still have 10 nomination votes this time so... here I go:

Kamek is in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage that has returned. As a result, he is pretty much deconfirmed.

Also just want to see if yall want me to put Captain Toad in the graveyard. I would myself but if enough people think hes got a shot I am ok with keeping him alive.

『SwingingStar』

Smash Cadet
Kamek is in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage that has returned. As a result, he is pretty much deconfirmed.

Also just want to see if yall want me to put Captain Toad in the graveyard. I would myself but if enough people think hes got a shot I am ok with keeping him alive.
Besides Toon Link, has any other character been cast in another role on the same game? That could be the deciding factor for/against Captain Toad and Kamek.

Also, do characters in the graveyard get removed from the tally? Ashley's in both, but Takamaru isn't, for example.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Besides Toon Link, has any other character been cast in another role on the same game? That could be the deciding factor for/against Captain Toad and Kamek.

Also, do characters in the graveyard get removed from the tally? Ashley's in both, but Takamaru isn't, for example.
Front page is still under construction, once it is done Ashley Mimikyu Shovel Knight and Captain Toad will be removed from the tally.

Also Kamek's interaction is more direct so I would say we should say he is toast for good and consider is Captain Toad deconfirmed. I vote yes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I would sadly consider Captain Toad disconfirmed. Maybe his appearance as a background character alone isn’t enough, but that coupled with his return and increased importance in Peach and Daisy’s movesets seals the deal for me.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Wonderful 101 and Wonder Red

I never heard of the game until this year, but that's my fault for not paying attention. Still, it seems they have a problem with recognition...
The fighting style is also a challenge, whether it's all of them or just Red.

Want: 20%
In terms of design, the strong suit is their humor. Kind of have a tokusatsu thing going on, but so does Captain Falcon.

Nominations:
Viridi x5 (I'm still interested in seeing this)

Predictions
Female announcer: 0%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wonder Red

Chance - 1.5% - Not qutie famous, and with Bayonetta already in it's hard to justfy him getting in due to Platnium. While he was somewhat requested, he still seems to be eclipsed by other characters, and he more or less seems to be in the background these days. While they may have tickled Sakurai's fancy, I don't see much reason to have them chosen.

Want - 60% - Could be cool, but there are simply better characters in my opinon. I wouldn't mind them and think they would make for a good character, but I don't care much for them.

Prediction

Female Announcer - 0.23% - We'd even have to consider multible anouncers.

Nominations

Magolor X10

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wonder Red

While decently requested when it comes to Smash requests and even managed to appear as a trophy in Smash 4 alongside a few other Wonderful 101 characters, most of the odds are against him. His WiiU game flopped in sales, and it's also been losing relevancy. Add to the timing when Smash Ultimate's roster was decided, and things aren't looking good for him

Want: Abstain

Since I haven't played his game nor had much exposure to him, I can't give an accurate want score for this one.

------

Predictions

Female announcer: 0.17%

No comment.

------

Nominations

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): x5

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Wonder Red

Chance: 1%
His game flopped, even worse, it's released on a failed console. He's not iconic enough to warrant a spot in Smash either.

Not really that interested about him. I do like the Super Sentai-ish concept, but once again, his game was a mess.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wonder Red Chance: 5%

I think I'm being a bit generous here. The Wonderful 101 unfortunately didn't see much success, and while I saw a decently sized following for it back in the Pre-Smash 4 days, that support seems to have all but faded away by now, along with, to some extent, the game itself. Shame, but with the IP having only one flop of a game, released quite a few years back to top it off, I see no reason why this character would make it to fighter status in Ultimate.

Want: Abstain

Female Announcer Prediction: 0.20%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Wonder Red

Chance 25%
Want- 101%

Game was a commercial failure, but he had his niche during the ballot era. I would argue that there are a few Wii U era characters that wil make it into this game. Wether they're from the Wonderful 101 or not I can't say. There wouldn't be any kind of licensing issues since the IP is owned by Nintendo.

As for myself. I've said it before and I will say it a hundred more times.
"He'll hit one ************ using a bunch of other mother****ers."
Need I say more.

Nominations- Tora and Poppi x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Wonder Red

Chance: 3%

Not really expecting Wonderful 101 to get much more than it got last time. The game wasn't extremely successful unfortunately, and while he does have his supporters I have a difficult time seeing him being one of the most popular choices out there. There are several franchises not yet in that have a much better shot, I feel.

Want: 40%

I played Wonderful 101 and found it enjoyable enough, but Wonder Red never really struck me as someone I wanted in Smash, honestly. I wouldn't really mind him of course, but with limited roster space I think I'd like a number of other characters more.

Nominations: Heihaci x10

Top Bottom