• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Predictions for the Final Direc
- Banjo is the first reveal. Like Simon Belmont, there's just too much stuff he comes with to leave alone after the end of the direct.
- Spiral Mountain stage
- Gruntilda boss battle
- various throwback owed to the Banjo-Kazooie series

- Spirits mode in the main meat of it. It's single-player (with co-op options, probably) and it's absolutely massive, but it's not SSE in that it's a big story. However it plays, it'll involve lots of forging through enemies in long stages.
- We'll see a variety of enemies even more impressive than Smash Run's.
- We'll also see that this is where the bosses reside.

- Bosses shown off, all of them classic known figures
-- Whispy Woods
-- Pig Ganon
-- Mother Brain (bipedal)
-- Necrozma
-- Giygas
-- A hint that anyone determined enough to beat all bosses at max difficulty is gonna have a bad time

- The rest of the stages
-- Golden Sun stage
-- Probables: Rhythm Heaven stage, Orbital Gate Assault, Pyrosphere
-- Wishlist: Bowser's Castle, PAC-MAZE 2, Melee Mute City

- Items
-- whatever the Green sprout is, and more
-- Headlok item
-- more original things

- More Assist Trophies, multiplying the cameos
-- A crazier bunch of Nintendo cameos
-- Phoenix Wright
-- Lara Croft
-- Dig Dug
-- Arle Nadja

- The final reveal appears to be Incineroar, shown off in a full solo character trailer
- Just when we think it ends, we see a wall in the background that looks suspiciously like the Box Theory grid, with Incineroar in the final corner
- Incineroar smirks and suddenly Darkest Lariats through the wall, tearing through it to reveal the rest of the Grinch leak
- Isaac, Geno, the Glee Club, and Mach Rider burst onto the stage

- At the end of the Direct, we see the giant flaming Smash logo again, overlooking a small crowd beneath it. Silhouettes of a coil-shaped hairdo and a bandana-wearing blob, amongst others. It fades out, then the words "DLC 2019" same onto the page.

* hey. how's it going?
* pretty big game you got going on here
* sure hope you got who you were hoping for by now
* huh? am i in this game?
* ...heh. nah. fighting's really not my style
* besides, i'm an unapologetic waluigi supporter.
* now, my brother on the other hand...
* he's an total fighting maniac.
* that's why i gave him our invitation,

SANS! JUST WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?
* just picking a bone with the crowd, bro
WAIT, THEY'RE REALLY OUT THERE?
* sure are. give 'em a good time, will ya?

Papyrus Blocks the Way!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My game plan is to have a thread and schedule ready either by release or a week after we are certain there are no more characters for base. After that, I will make a DLC thread, and start up then. Old scores will be archived, a new schedule ready.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Too bad, it’s a new game once dlc comes out.

Feel strongly? Maybe list things you want rated once I do the new schedule.
Alright, I wanted to make sure that was how you were planning on doing this before I said what I'm about to say.

You have handled this game extremely poorly. Instead of having set times at which days begin and end, for unexplained reasons you insist on tying it to your own messages, which you post whenever is convenient for you. Many, many times, days have gone on twice as long as normal or more because of this. In addition, you update the main page incredibly infrequently, and you give little information about the characters up for rating (more often no information besides their name). Moreover, you insist on purging nominations for the flimsiest of reasons: You say it's easier to count, but you don't count them yourself, and I haven't heard this complaint from anyone actually in charge of counting them, and you say it looks cleaner, but who cares how clean it looks? Furthermore, you have been throwing a tantrum about having to rate a character that has made it to the top of the nominations list completely fairly.

Frankly, I was thrilled when Kotor Kotor stepped in to take over during one of your many unexplained absences. Please step aside and let someone else handle this game for the DLC period, as it is not very much fun at all with you at the helm.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Looks like most of us in this thread have been bamboozled. Vergeben is probably feeling so good now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Does anyone else feel that this game’s character selection was way more like Smash 4 than expected? The only characters the ballot definitely helped are Ridley, K. Rool and a couple echoes.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Alright, I wanted to make sure that was how you were planning on doing this before I said what I'm about to say.

You have handled this game extremely poorly. Instead of having set times at which days begin and end, for unexplained reasons you insist on tying it to your own messages, which you post whenever is convenient for you. Many, many times, days have gone on twice as long as normal or more because of this. In addition, you update the main page incredibly infrequently, and you give little information about the characters up for rating (more often no information besides their name). Moreover, you insist on purging nominations for the flimsiest of reasons: You say it's easier to count, but you don't count them yourself, and I haven't heard this complaint from anyone actually in charge of counting them, and you say it looks cleaner, but who cares how clean it looks? Furthermore, you have been throwing a tantrum about having to rate a character that has made it to the top of the nominations list completely fairly.

Frankly, I was thrilled when Kotor Kotor stepped in to take over during one of your many unexplained absences. Please step aside and let someone else handle this game for the DLC period, as it is not very much fun at all with you at the helm.
Given that you never contributed anything of meaning, I don’t take much from your statement. Your greatest accomplishment was adding a zero to 90% of what we rated. While I have been far from flawless, if you were expecting me to give a description of every character when there is a search bar one tab away you are foolish. I will tell you whothey are , but you being ill informed is on you. Noms purges happen and have been traditional for this game since Brawl. As someone who took noms originally, it does matter. As someone who never did so, you have no say. A majority of double days occur to enhance discussion on potentially interesting topics that are under discussed. Main page update was slated entirely for next week, would have been sooner if I was expecting a final direct and did not have a life.

Sorry you feel that way. I have made efforts to improve, given that I have a team of regular quality posters. I reached out to a good number of people who I could tell cared for the game, that’s why GoodGrief and Kotor are on the team. I hope you stick around for dlc talk, which I will spearhead as well, starting next week.

Anywho, time for a cooldown day. Post your reactions, thoughts, feelings and whatnot.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Welp, the Direct was a total ****show.
I haven't been this disappointed in a while.
I just hope that Assist Trophies can become DLC Fighters. So many characters got shafted. Isaac, Waluigi, Shovel Knight, Spring Man, and Shadow in particular. Maybe Bomberman too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I left with mix feelings

That story mode was by far the highlight. I didn't really expect anything with crazy platforming, since I figured that was sacrificed for the insane amount stages we have. But it still looks cool. That Zelda speaking though that was weird. Nice to have Kirby centre stage

Spirits looks alright, seems kinda like discount Event Match.

But there was just stuff that wasn't there.
Trophies are gone
No sign of Stage Builder
Actual Event Matches
And I don't think they mentioned how we actually unlock fighters

Also Box theory was true, that was a big downer, my least favourite Pokemon and Ken, who is just kinda boring to me. I swear if any leaked gets a hold of DLC information, keep your mouth shut. **** you verg, **** you so much.

At least piranha plant was cool.

But in the end, it didn't feel like 40 minutes, I feel like the last one had more in it.

I wonder if they're keeping some surprises for release. We know at least of hidden items

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well...can't say I'm too hyped by that, but I'm not too disappointed either.

But...

man if most of that didn't come out of literally nowhere...

No trophies blows. I liked seeing the info about each of them, and it doesn't look like Spirits come with the infoboxes. Interesting way to get more characters in game, but I really would have preferred a playable Tails.

I'm still shocked that the Grinch was fake. Not that I had a stock in it (It didn't include characters I wanted, and I really had no nostalgia for most of them and one I even actively dislike), but that was an incredible fake. I did get on the Incineroar train once he kept getting brought up so I am happy about that, but seeing the massive disconfirms for a lot of fan favorites did hurt a bit, even if I don't really have stock in them.

And Piranha Plant? Over literally any other Mario character? Ouch... At least it's free; I wouldn't spend money on that otherwise.

All in all, I'm just happy to see :squirtle::ultridley::ultkrool:, so that's what ended up carrying me the whole time. I guess it's a tradition to end Smash speculation on a bit of a whimper, but hopefully the DLC will be cool. I'd even be up for a few echoes thrown in as bonuses and a season 2 pass as well. Really anything that'll get Dovahkiin considered...

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I just want to congratulate everyone who fell for Grinch leak and **** on Box Theory for polar opposite reasons built on the same logic. Thanks for demonstrating humanity's eternal folly.

I'll react later. I'll just say that I'm not even mad, elated, or even particularly disappointed.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'm not disappointed in Kencineroar at all! But I do understand those who are. The Grinch leak, and blog theory, promised us so much more than the box theory did. I don't think it would've been as disappointing if we didn't come in knowing who it was. I didn't even think it was fake until I heard 40 minutes, when it'd take an hour to get through them all. October was a drought, which got people's expectations way too high.

Also, Piranha Plant is an awesome idea, but it's something that... honestly didn't deserve to be a fighter. As a neat Assist Trophy gimmick, yes, but did it need to be a fighter?

Unless DLC is coming in seasons, slots are back. We have 5 characters who they have to choose to work on. Grinch is fake, but Verge isn't necessarily fully real. Minecraft is missing, Square only has one rep, not yet DLC. Other insiders are real, though.

Arle survived and got a lot out of it. She's doing so much better than I could've hoped for short of an immediate confirmation. RIP to those who wanted Assist Trophy characters. Paper Mario also survived, same with Banjo. Geno was hit with Spirit, so he better hope it's not Assist Trophy tier. Unlike poor Shadow. All that hype for nothing. 3 for 3 with Waluigi. If you aren't promoted by the game after your debut, you're an Assist for good.

As for modes, Spirits was actually really cool! I like this kind of Story Mode. Knowing that it actually IS a story mode definitely made it a lot easier to bear Kencineroar (not to mention, they were good picks overall, though I must admit that I sincerely didn't see a Pokémon coming). Online, eh, doubt I'll use it much.

I guess I'm hard to disappoint! I liked it quite a bit!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Direct reaction:

Meh.

Spirit mode looks cool and Ken/Incineroar look surprisingly fun. Even when putting aside the Grinch leak hype everything else was terrible. Single-player content is shaping up to be worse than Smash 4's (no trophies or stage builder?) and my hype for DLC is very low since there were a crap ton of disconfirmations. When I checked my notifications and heard piranha plant was playable I thought it was a joke at first. I'll probably cozy up to it eventually though it'll take a long time.

I'm still excited for Ultimate regardless though this direct was just bad. If we're still doing ratings I'll give it a 20% satisfaction rating and that's being generous.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm sharing my thoughts on the direct and Smash Ultimate speculation as a whole.

As much as I loved that direct, I think I lost 100% interest in speculating for Smash Ultimate DLC. The only thing I can say is that I'm confident that Sora will be DLC, otherwise, I have no clue what DLC will bring in store. All I can say is that I personally disagree with Sakurai's vision for Ultimate in terms of exclusions/modifications of certain modes/features. All the newcomer base game choices upset me less so, though the amount we are getting total and beyond is disappointing. Aw well...

My time with Smash Ultimate base game speculation was not a waste of time to me though. The analyses I made for every possible newcomer still helped me with my writing skills, and I made many good friends on Smashboards and Smash Discords. That said, the analyses I planned to make in potential scenarios like the Isaac AT scenario are on indefinite hiatus. I might do analyses if enough people request it though, but I want substantial discussion in return.

I am going to have to take my leave with the RTC game for good though. I got other personal matters to deal with in the future.

Thank you so much TCT for this game. :)

Klimax

Smash Ace
Direct's note:

2,5/10

1 for Incineroar, 1 for Ken, 0,5 for Piranha Plant, the rest is pure garbage. Spirits mode sucks balls. And these spirits are just glorified stickers. They kept saying how hard it was to make the game, yeah, I'm pretty sure this is really hard to replace a ton of trophies by a bunch of pre-existing images. That dict was just joke. And the adventure mode is not interesting in my opinion. Also, seeing Kirby saving the day was lame. Yeah Sakurai, we know that you created Kirby.

That was a joke. It was 40 minutes long and I kept saying to myself "this is long" while I was saying "that was way too short" for the august direct. In conclusion, I should have stop the video after Incineroar and Ken's reveal (awesome trailer by the way).

I didn't think it would be possible for me to be disappointed after K. Rool was confirmed, but somehow it happened.
Lol, we must be brothers. :laugh:

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
General opinion on the direct:

Not interested/meh

I feel like I would've been much happier if the directs switched around. I don't know, this kind of feels like a bit of a downer one month before release. But I must admit that the vocal version of the main theme is banger.

That being said, Spirits doesn't interest me all that much as it's basically just event matches mixed with stickers. I'll still be playing it of course (with best boi Kirby to start with thanks Sakurai). And Piranha Plant is such a weird decision for a playable character, to put it lightly.
Can't say I'm looking forward to All-Star either, and with no trophies I have to wonder if I'll have any incentive to play classic with each character.
And for some reason, I can't say I'm looking forward to DLC. I got a hunch all of them are going to be third parties now that major contenders like Isaac, Geno, Dixie, Shadow, et cetera have all been deconfirmed.
Incineroar and Ken don't interest me personally.

I'll be getting the game, of course, but part of me does hope that the next Smash game really does go for a reboot. I can't help but feel like I've underestimated the time that went into the characters themselves, which might lead to that the single player content could be a bit underwhelming. Of course, we technically don't know everything, but I just have to wonder what exactly is available under "games and more" aside for classic, All Star, and perhaps multi-man smash or whatever it was called.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I guess I'll give it a 40/100

Mostly disappointing until the last 5 mins when Piranha Plant and Adventure Mode were shown off. I'm not sure why, in a roster full of hype characters, Ken and Inciniroar were the final 2 shown when you could have left it on a better note than that. The character reveals as a whole feel really off for the entire cycle now. We got like 7 in August and only 2 today? What? A lot of fluff and filler too.

No clue what to expect for DLC since most of the highly expected characters are gone now. Probably Banjo and Geno. After that no clue

My hype level for the game is a 7/10, which falls from a 9/10. still really want it and still really excited for December 7th, but hooooly **** someone didn't think this last direct through very well

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Direct thoughts:
Ignoring leaks and rumours completely, I will never understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to announce Ridley, K Rool, and Simon so early and leave Pirahna Plant, Incineroar, and Ken for last. It created too much hype and expectations that, let's face it, couldn't have been met. You have two of the most requested characters ever who also were seen as impossible for a long time, plus a huge third party character, only to end off with an unsurprising echo, a Pokemon no one wanted (Decidueye, Mimikyu, and others got way more support before rumours of Incineroar began), and a generic Mario enemy.

Speaking of, it struck me as really clueless move to announce Pirahna Plant right after deconfirming popular characters one after the other lile Isaac, Black Knight, Shantae, Shadow, Rex, etc. You're telling me the team has the time to develop a free "bonus" character to promote the DLC and they picked that over any of these other options? Moreover, how does Pirahna Plant create hype for the DLC? I also don't really like how it seems they already picked the 5 characters but won't tell us who they are yet. I get that they're in development but you can't tease DLC and have the first free character be a plant.

The Spirits mode looks like it's the return of Stickers but with a gatcha system behind it which is not interesting at all and replaces trophies which were actually cool. The single player mode looks good though. Online doesn't look special at all and it will probably be laggy again.

Leaks:
Honestly, leaks and insiders made this prerelease period so awful. I don't know what it was but last time was more enjoyable. This time there was a combination of too many fake leaks trying to hype up stuff that was never going to happen and insiders or pseudo-insiders acting like they knew things that were more rumour than fact and/or being smug about what they knew.

General feelings:
I love Sakurai, I really do, and appreciate how hard he works on these games. But since Brawl he's been making really questionable decisions with the single player modes, stage designs, and most importantly for me the roster. There's glaring omissions like Dixie and a second Xeno character, there's characters who are playable that really shouldn't be (esp. in the FE roster), series that have been unfairly ignored (Zelda), and ATs that should've been bumped up to playable a long time ago (Isaac, Shadow, Takamaru, etc.). So while I appreciate everything Sakurai has done for the series, I think it's time for someone else to see what they can do with it if it's going to continue.

I have the game preordered and no doubt I'll have fun with it, but for it being "Ultimate" I have to say I'm a little disappointed at this final direct.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I feel like we got way more out of the August direct and this was nearly twice as long. Completley shocked Grinch leak is fake though, credit to the leaker that was insane. Incineroar looks fun but as a Lycanroc supporter I'm kinda sad. Also it was brutal for them to not deconfirm Isaac and Shadow until the very end. However my Bandana Boy still stands a great shot for DLC plus oh my goodness I am maining Piranha Plant! He is amazing in every way and I love it.

Also.....

That ending cutscene was fantastic and I can't wait to play Spirits!

A lot of the stuff they shown was pointless though, not worth 40 minutes.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
While I have been far from flawless, if you were expecting me to give a description of every character when there is a search bar one tab away you are foolish.
Were you not around for Groose's RTC? This is a ****show in comparison.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ho boy, this direct. Well, let's list things off.
Deconfirmations
  • Chibi-Robo (spirit)
  • Octolings (spirit)
  • Magolor (spirit)
  • Dixie Kong (spirit)
  • Shantae (spirit)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (assist trophy)
  • Isaac from Golden Sun (assist trophy)
  • Rex/Pyra (too late in development and Mii Costume)
  • Springman (assist trophy)
  • Geno (spirit? This one's tough, it's not sure if this is a spirit or player icon)
  • Skull Kid (assist trophy)
  • Ray MKII (costume)
And honestly, there's probably quite a few more in there that I didn't catch. That's honestly a lot out of the running, though I don't think spirit deconfirms mean as much as assist trophies, as they're basically stickers and trophies combined. They could still happen. Then there's what we did get, Ken, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant. Ken... no opinion one way or the other, he's an echo.

Incineroar... no need to disrespect it's fans, but I just don't see Incineroar as necessary. Pokemon commands quite a large amount of the roster, and I didn't really hear anyone clamoring for more. There were some here and there, but this feels like a Smash 4 kind of inclusion, here for advertising Game Freak's latest accomplishment.

Piranha Plant on the other hand is surprisingly the best and worst of the three. I mean, they did deliver something I wasn't expecting, gotta give it to 'em. But really? People argue about Bandana Dee (who wasn't deconfirmed, thank goodness) being a Goomba with a hat, and now we have this. I guess that means no one can ever use hat goomba as an argument ever again, but even still, this deserved to get in over Shadow and Isaac?

Spirits I agree with many before me. It feels like event matches with stickers hastily pasted over a story mode. Once again, Kirby starts us off. Just like Subspace Emissary. What can I say, Sakurai made Kirby, but I'd kinda prefer the main four (Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby) all as choices to use at the beginning.

Speaking of choices, that starting roster. Yeah, that's definitely Smash 64's starting roster, but that's not a good thing. Smash 64 is often seen as the weakest Smash for a reason. There really isn't a lot of choice when you're starting out the game. And if you don't like any of the characters there, well tough luck. Stick with one you don't like and hope you unlock a character you do at random. That said, how do we unlock characters? They kinda skipped that. Are we really gonna unlock them through Spirits? I hope that's not the case.

They showed a bunch of options, that I actually think were the highlight. You can now customize your online matches, which I really appreciate. I really don't think Global Smash Power really needed to return, but alright. Though Custom Balance? What is the reason for that? A handicap? Why?

I'm sure everyone's already mentioned the 5 DLC spots. Only 5. There aren't many first parties that I believe have a good chance now. As I previously mentioned, Bandana Dee still hasn't been seen (unless that 5 seconds of normal waddle dee spirit counts... please tell me it doesn't), and I don't believe I saw Elma, but a lot of others got either soft deconfirmed or hard deconfirmed. It's most likely gonna be a lot of third parties again, which I can't say I'm fond of, but Sakurai did say he currently sees Smash as a gaming crossover. Oh well, I guess Banjo and Rayman would be cool.

All in all, eh... 20/100. I honestly think this should've been the *first* direct for Smash. You don't end off on this note, you end off on something like Ridley or King K. Rool. Regardless, this is what we got. I still plan on buying the game, but man, reveal scheduling was not thought out well this time around at all.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Let me give my thoughts on the direct.

Simon and Richter or K Rool should have been saved for last. They left an unreasonable bar to climb. And Ken and Incineroar... Could not beat it. Honestly swap these around, and people would be less anti hype right now.

Grinch Leak is the best damn fake the series has ever seen. I admit I was duped but damn it was strong. Honestly part of it may be it having characters I wanted, but part of it was also due to how good of a fake it was. we ended up discussing French printing practices.

Ken looks cool. Him Chrom and Dark Samus set a strong bar for echos, who I feel we will get at least one as a bonus in the Fighter pass. He honestly seems super fun, and as someone who enjoyed Ryu I am excited to see him as well.

Incineroar... looks good. He looks fun, looks super unique, and I love his gimmick. It is just I wanted a different Gen 7 pokemon. Knowing that Lycanroc or Decidueye is not in and Incineroar is stings. I am sure I will get over it, I do not hate the cat. But damn I wish it was the dog. Also, I will premptively apologize to all the **** that Incineroar supporters will get, seeing as he was the final reveal.

Not getting any more trophies or stages bites. I like trophies.

As for deconfirmations, I do not wanna talk about it. It was rough. I am sad that Black Knight, Shadow, Skull Kid, and Isaac are all deconfirmed, but at least their models are in the game. I would not be shocked with Isaac DLC, his model looks really nice. Stickers were also harsh for deconfirmations. I do not feel these are as final, given how they may be a sticker and a character as K Rool shows.

Spirits looks fine, it looks like a meh mode but at least it looks fun. I will play it to unlock stuff, and not much else.

Story mode looks fun, hope that there are tons of fun boss fights. Wish we saw more of it.

DLC Talks, My honest prediction right now is Crash, Rayman, Sora, and two more, with one character getting an echo as a bonus.

I expect a season 2 as well, I feel this will sell well and the switch will be around longer than the Wii U was.

Troykv

Smash Master
All in all, eh... 20/100. I honestly think this should've been the *first* direct for Smash. You don't end off on this note, you end off on something like Ridley or King K. Rool. Regardless, this is what we got. I still plan on buying the game, but man, reveal scheduling was not thought out well this time around at all.
I think something that happens with Smash's Schedule is the need to be working in the big things as soon as possible (like Snake or Megaman in previous Smashs); and these ended up making have the "lame characters" as the last thing to show.

______

Personally I can't say I'm dissapointed; in fact I'm quite surprised with everything; and I love how Spirits and Story Mode looks :D

I think being only attached to two ideas (Micaiah in Smash and a New Kirby Character)... I get something here.

Bandana Dee is hard to say if it's actually disconfirmed; and Micaiah got a nice Spirit to use.

Micaiah in Spirits.PNG

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think something that happens with Smash's Schedule is the need to be working in the big things as soon as possible (like Snake or Megaman in previous Smashs); and these ended up making have the "lame characters" as the last thing to show.

______

Personally I can't say I'm dissapointed; in fact I'm quite surprised with everything; and I love how Spirits and Story Mode looks :D

I think being only attached to two ideas (Micaiah in Smash and a New Kirby Character)... I get something here.

Bandana Dee is hard to say if it's actually disconfirmed; and Micaiah got a nice Spirit to use.

View attachment 174619
Glad you can find some positives here. I guess all in all it just doesn't do much for me. Still, I'd like to see a bigger starting roster.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One thing I want to ask you all before I start getting the fixed schedule in order.

What of Assists and Spirits?

In my opinion after Piranha Plant we can not leave any stone unturned and should consider them, even if ATs might be unlikely. There are some ATs of merit to consider IMO, mainly Ashley, Isaac, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, and Waluigi. Spirits are about as much of a deconfirmation as trophies were, so I would say they are fair game.

If you want anything on the noms list on the schedule, let me know.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
One thing I want to ask you all before I start getting the fixed schedule in order.

What of Assists and Spirits?

In my opinion after Piranha Plant we can not leave any stone unturned and should consider them, even if ATs might be unlikely. There are some ATs of merit to consider IMO, mainly Ashley, Isaac, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, and Waluigi. Spirits are about as much of a deconfirmation as trophies were, so I would say they are fair game.
With AT's having an expanded role in this game, being able to actually KO them, I don't think they'll be making playable appearances. Plus, they said there are no old characters to pull from for DLC this time around, I know this applies to veterans, but AT characters have kinda already been here since base game. I really don't think they'll go back on their word with AT's.

Spirits have much better chances.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I never thought that Assists (and spirits for that matter) were DLC disconfirms, we just never had enough DLC characters. We have seen characters get promoted from regular trophy to playable, so it could happen.

However, if we're currently working with 5 DLC characters who have already been decided...that's tougher. Hopefully there is another DLC season.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pour one out for "Reinhardt gets a trophy," everyone.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Here is what I currently have in mind for our final days.

11/2-11/3 Satisfaction Ratings
11/4 Favorite Days of RTC
11/5 Most Hype/ Least Hype Moments of Speculation
11/6 Most Hype/Least Hype Character
11/7 Will there be a season 2 of DLC?

Simple stuff, gives time to get our final affairs in order. Might add one more day on. From this point onward, we go into DLC unless this forum gets locked which I doubt.

Pour one out for "Reinhardt gets a trophy," everyone.
Maybe he can get a spirit. *pours one out*

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Direct Reactions:
VERY HAPPY ABOUT:
- Shadow not being relegated to echo status
- Lip getting a Mii Outfit
- Piranha Plant
- Fly Swatter Assist
- Galleom returning
Kinda happy about:
- Incineroar
- Ken having more differences than Ryu
- The first Light World Cutscene
- The overworld for Light World
Disappointed:
- No more trophies
- Spirits = Stickers
- All-star mode is now Multi-man style
- Isaac Assist

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, Nintendo proved today that they can’t market a product. They fumbled their easiest product to create hype for. K. Rool should have been last, not ****ing Piranha Plant.

So, Incineroar. I wish we hadn’t gotten a Pokémon rep, but it seems like we were never actually going to get any fanservice characters beyond Ridley and K. Rool. What the **** was that ballot for?

Ken is cool. Ken is one of the two things I liked. Hard to be too ecstatic as everyone and their grandma knew he’d be in.

Then we got like half an hour of glorified stickers. And trophies aren’t back. This game really should have come out in a couple of years. It doesn’t feel Ultimate when it’s skimping on so much.

Story Mode looks cool though.

And then ****ing Piranha Plant. It’s really an insult to every fanbase under the sun. I guess I can find a positive side to it: now Incineroar doesn’t have to be the most hated newcomer ever.

And then they reveal that DLC is limited to just five newcomers, and it’s pre-planned. That means no ballot, and with most obvious picks disconfirmed (even ****ing Rex and Spring Man), we’re probably going to get another third party-fest like last time. Yippie.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
And then they reveal that DLC is limited to just five newcomers, and it’s pre-planned. That means no ballot, and with most obvious picks disconfirmed (even ****ing Rex and Spring Man), we’re probably going to get another third party-fest like last time. Yippie.
I feel that we will get a season 2, given that this will do well. I would say that another season will happen and be announced in March 2020.

Here is my timeline of reveals.

Reveal 1: March/April 2019
Reveal 2 (2 chars): E3
Reveal 3: EVO 2019
Reveal 4: Q4 2019, season 2 announcement

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
That Direct was actually pretty bad.

Characters no one wants
Modes no one will play
Online connectivity sounds iffy at best

The new story mode looks cool at least. But seeing characters like Inceniroar and Piranha Plant was just massively disappointing.

I think the real question is does Spirits de-confirm characters? You do see characters in Spirits that are actually playable, so I'd like to think it doesn't necessarily de-confirm characters.

I'm just incredibly disappointed what they did with Rex. They did him dirty. Not sure if a costume de-confirms him or not. I mean, they have time to create him from scratch for the DLC. So I guess I'll keep hoping.

Troykv

Smash Master
That Direct was actually pretty bad.

Characters no one wants
Modes no one will play
Online connectivity sounds iffy at best

The new story mode looks cool at least. But seeing characters like Inceniroar and Piranha Plant was just massively disappointing.

I think the real question is does Spirits de-confirm characters? You do see characters in Spirits that are actually playable, so I'd like to think it doesn't necessarily de-confirm characters.

I'm just incredibly disappointed what they did with Rex. They did him dirty. Not sure if a costume de-confirms him or not. I mean, they have time to create him from scratch for the DLC. So I guess I'll keep hoping.
I think having to deal with license stuff with the planned character should have slow the process of getting everything done; so Rex is most likely disconfirmed of the Season Pass.

But if that is the case; Rex has a GREAT case for appearing as a character if Season 2 is a thing; after all Switch and Smash will last; and Rex is already considered a viable choice character-wise.

Top Bottom