• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

D

Deleted member

K. Rool

Chance: 45%

I know I have both K. Rool and Dixie in my signature as one of my predictions, but I think Dixie Kong has a slight edge over him. She's more relevant to the series, but K. Rool has a lot of moveset potential on top of being pretty popular among the community. Plus his Mii Costume.

Want: 51%

He's very intriguing as a character, but I don't have much of a personal connection to him. He barely wins my support.

Ridley Chance Prediction: 12.3%

Nominations: Lyn x5

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
K. Rool

Chance: 70%

Placed high in my research, was recognized with a Mii Fighter Costume. I've said for a long time that K. Rool wouldn't have a shot as DLC, but in the base game his "retro revival" makes sense.

Want: 30%

Ridley Chance Prediction: 40%

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's BACK! !!!

how did you decide what veterans can and can't be nominated?

King K Rool
Chance
16%
While very popular, he doesn't have much going for him and he has to contend with Dixie Kong
Want
70%
He'd be cool

Predict Ridley, 5.6%

Nominate Skull Kid x5

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
K. Rool

Chance: 90%

I am feeling very confident about this. The Mii Fighter costume was for sure a sign that he did well in the ballot and we know from the Japanese ballot that they plan on using these results in the future. K.Rool doesn't have all the issues that Ridley has either. So it makes sense.

Want: 70%

Ridley Chance Prediction: 10%

Nomination: Takamaru x5

Last edited:

Punny Wabbit

Smash Rookie
King K Rool
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chance: 75%

Reasoning: He has a Mii costume and a large fan base but isn't nearly as likely because he is vying for the Donkey Kong spot with another fan favorite character known as Dixie Kong.

Want: 15%

Explanation: I am one of those people who would much rather have Dixie Kong, but I wouldn't be entirely upset if he made it. In fact, I would be ecstatic if both happened to make it!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
King K Rool
Chance- 75%
I believe that the new characters will be mostly chosen by ballot results, and judging by all the K Rool talk in the ballot days, Sakurai definetly must have considered him by now (not saying consideration = confirmation). Id even wager that K Rools Smash ballot demand was on par with Ridley Brawl demand. But characters obviously arent chosen solely by request numbers, and the DK series has an odd role in smash bros games... it seems to be treated as a spin off of mario rather than its own series and only. Only DK and Diddy are present, only jungle levels are chosen for stages, and all other dkc related content is relegated to trophies or smash run hazards, but maybe that will change with some new highly requested fighters.
Want- 100%
DK fan since way back when, of course id like him! Smash could use some more DK, heavyweights and villians, and K Rool fits the bill for all of those!
Ridley prediction- 25%
Crash x 3
Doomguy x 2

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
K Rool

Chance: 20%

Irrelevant. Dixie, Cranky and Funky are the characters in the spotlight for the DK series at the moment.

Want: 0%

There was a time I would have wanted him. Not anymore.

Prediction for Ridley: 3%

Nominations:
Doomguy x 5

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool

Chance 50%

He has been absent from the DK series for a really long time on the other hand Dixie Kong hasn’t and she didn’t make it to the previous smash bros. He probably placed very high in the ballot and it’s very apparent that Donkey Kong could use more characters. However his competition is also really strong, Dixie Kong in particular but Funky and/or Cranky could also slip by.

Want 60%

I’m fine with any DK character but I slightly prefer him over the Kongs.

Edit-

Nominate Arcade Bunny x5

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh boy, this madness again.

Chance: 65%
Sakurai clearly grew aware of his popularity during the DLC days. That said, his lack of recency (or as other people love to call it, "irrelevancy", even though those two are completely different terms) still might hurt his chances.

Want: 100%
Used to be my number one most wanted, and he most definitely still is... ignoring two characters that I might be a little biased for.

Ridley prediction: 5%
Tomorrow's gonna be a big day, huh?

Nominations: Dr. Eggman X5

:094:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I am SO HAPPY that this thread is back! Hope I can manage to stay as active in here as I was able to last time.

Anyway...

KING K. ROOL

Chances: 75%
I think he's got a pretty good shot. We all know he did well in the Smash Ballot. He placed at or near the top of every fan poll, and he even got a mii costume. Realistically Sakurai could only pick one character for the ballot, and Bayonetta was probably the best choice in order to bring sales to her recent game. But with a new game I'm sure the character's popularity is sitting in the back of his mind. And of course, as everyone has said. DK is an underrepped franchise, we need more villains, we need more heavy weights. He has so many things in his favor. The only thing against him is relevance, which is pretty big to be fair.

K Rool was my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4
K Rool was my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4 DLC
K Rool is my most wanted character for Smash Switch

I love the Donkey Kong Country series and I love the incarnations of K Rool across those games. His boss fights are all so unique from each other. I love projectile based Smash 4 characters, and K Rool would be awesome as a heavy zoner using canon balls, his crown and the blunderbuss. He could also be super goofy and expressive like Dedede. I think he'd fit in super well.

Nominations:
Labo Related Character x5

As a side note, I think it'd be smart to change the voting on Chorus Men to "Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character" because since Smash 4 that series has gotten a new game and Chorus Men are such a small portion of that franchise.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Looks like we’re back at it again.

King K Rool
Chance: 45% - I wish I could give him a higher rating but Nintendo seems to be somewhat reluctant to give him much recognition, especially seeing how he wasn’t even in the two new Donkey Kong Country games. That being said, King K. Rool is still one of the most iconic Nintendo characters to not already be in Smash. The inclusion of the King K. Rool Mii costume seems to show that Sakurai at least acknowledges his popularity.
Want: 80% - Long live the King!!

Ridley prediction: 13%

Nominations: Azura x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Feels good to be back! Wish I could write a longer post in honor of the King, but I don’t enough time on my hands until the day is already over.

King K. Rool:
Chances: 40%

Won’t type a long explanation out since I’m on the phone. I agree with what most people are saying, though.

Ridley Prediction: 6%

Nominations: Dillon x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Man this takes me back...

King K. Rool:

Chance: 40%
I still have my doubts, but the Mii costume brings some hope I reckon.

Want: 95%
Still one of my most wanted characters. I would love to see a Kaptain K. Rool alt costume.

Ridley Prediction: 11%

Nominations: Scizor x5

Megaban

Smash Cadet
Oki, time to finally make something of that account.

King K. Rool, huh?

CHANCE -55%.
Like, I'd say it's high due to popular demand and support. He's like one of most supported characters I think? DK franchise could use someone new, and except Dixie there's not much else worth the slot.

WANT -75%.
He was my like 4-5th most wanted character for Smash 4 and he's still high up there. I think he'd fit well, we need more villains, new superheavy would be nice. I'd see him as a fat zoner, think R.O.B. but maybe with more "heavy" attributes like long reach and power. So yeah, I want him a lot for sure.

RIDLEY PREDICTION
Ehh, 10% max.

Nominations:
Lana (From Hyrule Warriors) x5 (prolly one of very few, but whatever hue)

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
KING K ROOL
Chance- 50%: I think the high demand and constant support help him a lot, but he isn't relevant.
Want- 90%: King K Rool has been my second most wanted Smash character since Brawl, and he was who I voted for in the ballot.
Ridley Prediction- 10%: That one awesome Brawl mod of Ridley showed us what a playable Ridley would be like, but I think Sakurai will stand by his statement of Ridley's size being a problem.
Nomination- Waluigi x5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh man this thread again huh?

Our Kroc and Saviour

Chance: 50%

It's really iffy. On one hand he's super popular in both the West and Japan which is crucial for inclusion. On the other hand he's been MIA for the past decade and even longer if you consider that he hasn't been any mainline DK games since DK64. How well he did in the Ballot is likely to make or break his chances. I think there's a decent chance that he'll make this game.

He's one of the characters I support the most for Smash. I wanted him back in the Melee days when I was a kid; before I had the internet to see how popular of a character he was. DKC shouldn't have to go without it's main villain and one of Nintendo's most iconic bad guys.

Ridley Prediction

Chance: 10%
Want: 90%

Nomination

Andy X 5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
It's BACK! !!!

how did you decide what veterans can and can't be nominated?

King K Rool
Chance
16%
While very popular, he doesn't have much going for him and he has to contend with Dixie Kong
Want
70%
He'd be cool

Predict Ridley, 5.6%

Nominate Skull Kid x5
The characters that would feel specially weird they're left out are the ones we aren't nominating... for example The Main Face Character from each Main Franchise (people like Villager), the Original 12 (even the lower priorities of them had avoid the cut before), and other incredible iconic characters like Mario's bunch (Luigi, Peach and Bowser).

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
And so it begins!

King K. Rool

Chance:60%
It's a no-brainer that Sakurai and the dev team will consult the ballot for newcomers and maybe veterans. There was a lot of requests for K.Rool from both JP and US, that along with the Mii Costume makes me think he may have had a respectable ammount of votes. It's hard to tell, though. But one big problem that holds his inclusion back is his relevance, it's been a long time since his last appearance in a DK game, so that hurts him quite a bit, but you never know!

Want:100%
Of course! Smash's got a lot of goody two-shoes and not a lot of baddies, so K.Rool would be welcome, and his moveset could be really fun and full of personality. Donkey Kong needs more representation than just a stage and jungle theme remixes.

Ridley prediction:

Chance: 35%

Want: 95%

Nomination:
Dr.Eggman x5

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I have logged into Smashboards for the first time in months to participate in the game that got me to join in the first place! Hopefully I am able to participate daily.

KKR - 55%
He's in an odd position. He's extremely popular among us core Nintendo followers who participated in the ballot (though probably not someone the overall casual mainstream scope can name or even recognize). He's important to his series but not necessarily relevant to it currently. He's been recognized in each SSB entry since Melee with a relatively small cameo, but he might have the unfortunate in-house stigma of being a Western designed, irrelevant character.

I'm going to believe that his long, tried and true vocal push from his faithful and campaigning followers has put him in a slightly promising light. After a successful Smash ballot performance he will not be ignored. But they might throw his fans an insulting bone (i.e. boss or Assist Trophy) and not a steak.

Tl;dr: The thing holding him back the most is the lack of Kremlings having much in the way of villainhood for the greater part of 20 years. I think KKR can overcome that on sheer popularity alone, but it is still an uphill battle. An uphill battle he will have an easier time climbing than most at least..

Ridley prediction: 21%

Noms: Arcade Bunny x5

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
K Rool

Chances: 25%
DK could get a new rep but i think Dixie is alot more likely and doubt 2 characters will get added. Maybe has a better chance of being dlc.

Want: 50%
Never really played DK games but he does stand out, especially as another heavy villian fighter i would like to see more.

Nomination: Anna X5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I can't believe it's this time already...

K. Rool

On the one hand; Sakurai OBVIOUSLY KNOWS how popular he'd be due to both the Smash Ballot and the Mii Fighter outfit purchase.
On the other surely Dixie, Cranky and Funky are more promoted right now thanks to Tropical Freeze. Really depends whether that ballot

I don't really care about him, but nor do I really dislike him. K. Rool is a good example of a character I have no strong opinion on one way or the other..

Ridley Prediction: 35%

Nomination: Dillon X 5

slambros

Smash Ace
K. Rool

Popularity only really gets a character so far if the developers don't believe he's relevant enough.

I would be fine without the character, but it'd be nice to have another 'heavy' character in the fray, and it might as well be K. Rool.

Dillon x5

:171:

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
King K rool

Due to the whole costume thing way back in ssb4 I think he has a chance but not by much. But the thing about that now, is a mixed bag still.

Want: 60%
I don't love him nor do I hate him, but I will say this. I have been playing a lot of heavy hitting characters lately in fighting games , and I've been liking their gameplay. So more power to them.

I vote Ninten x5

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The King himself;

King K. Rool.

Chance: 65%

If my prediction is correct, and that most of the assets will be reused from Smash 4, the developement time and resources will be out of this world, making no cuts, eventually. The only tricky one will be all 3rd parties, because of lisencing.

K. Rool on the other hand, is not a 3rd Party, as well as perhaps the most iconic Nintendo villain still not playable (fight me big boy), and because of that. Like how Melee got the most iconic essentials. Brawl got the side-kicks, and Smash 4 focused on females, then villains are the next best bet, eventually. K. Rool is a quite likely candidate. As well as how Inklings where now confirmed, who also only got a Mii costume in the last one, where I suspect the beginning of this games developement started, and the roar for K. Rool was acknowledge by Sakurai and Nintendo themselves. I can't remember Dixie Kong getting a Mii Costume even...

As mentioned. I do want both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool as playables. Still, as you can see the King got 100% want for me. Why? Because ever since I became addicted to Smash during Melee, I started my speculation days for Brawl, and the one who always went atop of my head was K. Rool. So, of course am I back for round 3. Hope this one is more in his favor. It's the best time for him to appear, I reckon.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Finally got home after getting stuck in traffic for hours, let’s rate the croc.

K. Rool
75% Chance

Simply put the kremling king has a lot going for him. The lack of heavyweights and villains in smash right now plays into his favor. He is easily one of the most popular characters in therms of requests, hell they even made a mii costume in order to appease fan demand for an “irrelevant character”. An inevitable return in DKCR3 further boosts our king. Finally the ballot is probs gonna help him immensely.

100% Want
Honestly DKC2 is in my top ten games of all time. Having more content from that game would be enough to make K Rool have a high score. However, having a fun villain added to the roster makes him shoot up, easily in my top five most wanted characters. He was my ballot vote after all.

Nominating Concept: No Cuts x 5

Day Over, Calcs will be a bit late, have no internet though will be by end of night.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool

I hate saying this really I do but with not being featured in the last DKC games and not appearing in anything much recently his chance might be low.

Want 100%

I have supported the Kremling king since the smash ballot days and will never stop. While yes his chances might be low I want him in above all others. And will support him till the end.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I see, so we are rating again. I will not be posting numbers, but I will be posting some brief thoughts on chances for some candidates. This will be a fun way to exercise my brain.

For me and K. Rool, I think the situation with him is going to remain the same. Unless there is a new DKC featuring him, I doubt him being a strong possibility. I doubt that a new game for DKC will be coming this year given the Tropical Freeze port for the DKC series for K. Rool to be potentially relevant again. Even so, I feel in the case of candidates being mainly picked for relevance, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and even Xenoblade will be in priority before DKC gets considered for a new 'relevant' candidate. Even then, I feel Nintendo would have to promote him heavily this year for Sakurai to have a close eye on K. Rool. As of this year, there has yet to be anything that would point towards K. Rool being heavily promoted like Rosalina back in Smash 4. The only thing I feel is going for him is the ballot results, with him getting a Mii costume for Smash 4 DLC for K. to be considered. But I feel that only gives him a bit of a chance and nothing more.

I personally would not keep hopes up as of now.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
K. Rool:

Chance - 70%
Want - 50%

Sakurai straight up said he would use the ballot for the next ballot... so I feel like he has a pretty decent shot depending on the overall number of newcomers coupled with how Sakurai feels about Dixie and other possible DK reps. I don't want particularly want him... but I don't NOT want him.

Ridley? 10%. Interested to see how that one goes.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
K Rool
48.49 % Chance
73.57 % Want

The King was seen as a divisive character in terms of chance, with multiple optimists of his rule while some were skeptical of the monarch. The king had a strong want score, perfect to kick us off.

Today we will rate Ridley, please discuss Ridley in Chance and want. In particular for this day please be civil. Also predict the chances for Solid Snake tomorrow.

Also Spazzy_D Spazzy_D and @Kremling Man your scores were not counted due to being posted after the day ended. You will have your noms counted however.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai has already finalized his decision about not including Ridley in Smash 4 in one interview. I do not see what will change about his chances here. The demand exists, but the rejection from Sakurai counters the possibility. I do not think there is much to say on Ridley's matter. I think we all know the pros and cons, and the valid arguments that do not prevent Ridley's inclusion at this point. But, saying anything more would be kicking a dead-horse IMO.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Ridley

If it’s a port he’s doomed, but if it’s a new game I do see a small window of opportunity. Metroid is on the rise and he’s iconic but the problem is that he might be difficult to work or should I say seen as difficult to work with by the man himself.

Chance 10%
Want 60%

I’ve never played Metroid but it’s understandable why people request him. Adding him or a new Metroid character would help diversify the Metroid roster from Samus and Samus in blue.

Arcade Bunny x5

Ridley
Hey, a character where it doesn't matter what the next smash game will be like
Chance: 1%
Sakurai is working on smash again. It would take a villager-tier miracle for Ridley to make it in. And Ridley is a completely different story than Villager (Way less popular, side character instead of main, and deemed impossible for completely different reasons)

Not putting the best odds on our favorite purple space pirate dragon.

He's a purple space pirate dragon that shoots laser beams!
Ok, so a large part of my love of Ridley comes from being a Space Pirate for smash 4 speculation (what insanity that was. . .) and the Luxurious Mansion that came after, but I still like the guy. As little hope I have, it would blow my mind to see him finally make it in.

Nominations: Palutena x5
:061:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ridley
Chance 4%
While I still hold out hope, I'm not a fool. I still think if Metroid gets another character, it should be him, I just don't think Metroid will get another character. He'll probably just be a boss again

Want 100%
Please please please,

Prediction
Snake 23%

Nominate Skull Kid x5

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ridley

Chance: 30%

Ridley’s hit some walls, especially after last game, but I think there’s still the possibility he’ll be the villager of this game. I’m that I mean, Sakurai ruled out Villager around Brawl but changed his mind for Smash 4, I think Ridley has the possibility of having the same outcome.

Want: 90%

Definitely a character that deserves to be in. If not exclusively for his fans. He has potential to be entirely unique too, so that certainly doesn’t hurt.

D

Deleted member

A fire-breathing purple dragon, huh?

Spyro

Chance: 0.5%

Unfortunately, I don't see him happening. Even with the likely remake coming out, he's still a western third party that's nearly non-existent in Japan.

Wait... Wrong character...

RIDLEY

Chance: 1%

Well, it's not like his chances are much better than Spyro's. Sakurai has made his stance clear, and there's very little chance of him changing his mind. That being said...

Want: 80%

...he'd be cool.

Prediction: Solid Snake - 30.2%

Some will rate low because of Konami, others will rate high due to veteran status.

Monado Nominate! Shulk x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
YAAAS!! Favorite thread!

King K.Rool

Chance: 25%

What a screw we felt like we got after that Mii costume was announced. I remember all over the K.Rool thread, we were seeing poll after poll from sites all over that were all putting K.Rool in the top three at least. And yet, nothing. There's been a lot of people showing Sakurai and Nintendo how much we like him, but then again, that's all internet speculation.

Still, we know that Sakurai selects characters based more on relevance (read: who had a game recently), and K.Rool hasn't been around since Mario Super Sluggers (2008) besides the trophy and costume representation in Sm4sh. And unlike who we're going to be seeing tomorrow, there isn't a chance of a main-game appearance in the foreseeable future.

But oh do I want to see him in. So much.

Prediction for Ridz: Chance 5%, want: 80%

Nomination: Concept - Smash 5 is only just a Smash 4 port with a couple extra characters/stages x5

YAAAS!! Favorite thread!

King K.Rool

Chance: 25%

What a screw we felt like we got after that Mii costume was announced. I remember all over the K.Rool thread, we were seeing poll after poll from sites all over that were all putting K.Rool in the top three at least. And yet, nothing. There's been a lot of people showing Sakurai and Nintendo how much we like him, but then again, that's all internet speculation.

Still, we know that Sakurai selects characters based more on relevance (read: who had a game recently), and K.Rool hasn't been around since Mario Super Sluggers (2008) besides the trophy and costume representation in Sm4sh. And unlike who we're going to be seeing tomorrow, there isn't a chance of a main-game appearance in the foreseeable future.

But oh do I want to see him in. So much.

Prediction for Ridz: Chance 5%, want: 80%

Nomination: Concept - Smash 5 is only just a Smash 4 port with a couple extra characters/stages x5
K rool was yesterday, Ridley is now.

:061:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The infamous leader and space dragon;

Ridley.

Chance: 5%

Ridley is very hard to point out a window that would actually help him. What he got going for him is the vocal fanbase making sure that Sakurai and Nintendo notice, as well as being the main enemy of a relatively huge franchise with a still promising future. (MP4) ... Also, Ridley have been present in the Smash games ever since Melee in some form or shape. Earlier statements about our purple winged dragon have been made by Daddy Sakurai, which are not helping his case. Still, we know he changed his mind about Villager, so maybe Ridley will get a fourth chance.

Want 40%

I'm not a huge Ridley fan, at all, but after playing with his mod in Project M type of build, I thought he was fun, and I saw some real potential in the character that I did not understand before, and because of that chance and want is not the same anymore. Also, I admire his role in the Metroid series, being an amazing Nintendo villain. And, as a K. Rool fan, I know how fantastic it would be if my most wanted character would make it, and I know how popular Ridleydidleydoo is, so for his fans I hope they could get peace, or help, or maybe both. Kiss Kiss.

Top Bottom