• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Shhh, don't sass him or he'll delay it again.:4pacman:

Also, can someone remind me when the new Top 7 lock/purge will happen? I wanted to know if we'll get another one before Terry releases, because it's likely Challenger Pack #5 will be unveiled in either November or December, so...
Top 7 locks after Kyle's day. We'll get plenty of weeks before Terry, for sure.
At the same time, though, could a Persona fan argue that Joker is a gaming staple?
At this point? Honestly yeah. Joker's turning out to be the most iconic JRPG protag this side of Cloud.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over

Rate Kyle Hyde and predict Concept: Rockstar Games Rep.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Kyle Hyde
Chance: 0.3%
... I'll be perfectly honest here: Kyle Hyde is not a Spirit I can see being promoted. His genre is something I can see Nintendo having a harder time representing with in-house stuff than with third party. Plus, I don't think there is enough fan demand for him to be promoted, which I think is something that would play a big role in making the development team realise a first party character's potential right now. Even then, it took years to do so with Ridley and K. Rool, so there's nothing going for him in my opinion.

Want: Abstain. I know vaguely about his series, but I don't think it's enough to determine how much I'd want him or not.

Predictions
Concept: Rockstar Games Rep: 23.8%

Nominations
Arle Nadja x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Hotel Kyle
Chance: 0%

His series is way too niche, has been dead since 2010 and he has no noteworthy supportbase, simple as that. Get another game and then we'll talk.

Want: Abstaining
No experience with his series (tho I don't think alot of people have) but he's atleast first-party to my knowledge so I'll spare him from a low rating

Rockstar rep: 3.78%
Bandana Dee x5

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Kyle Hyde
Chances: 1%
Kyle is already an spirit, also he's linda forgotten by Nintendo, even if Hotel Dusk is a hidden gem, and CiNG (the company behind the game and character) is dead.
Want: 80%
I don't know what kind of moveset he could get, but it would be interesting.
Also i really love his game, it's a masterpiece un his own genre!!!

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I only remember him from a trophy in Brawl

. . .Sorry, but I don't see him happening. Not ever. You can hardly get more obscure than this character.

Want: Abstain
I barely even have an idea of who he is or what he does, so I'm not going to give a score.

Predicting a Rockstar Rep to get around. . . let's say, 19.69%. nice

Nominating Amaterasu x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kyle Hyde

Chance: 1%

His two games got mostly positive reviews and he is already represented via a spirit. I don't believe spirits deconfirm characters so his spirit actually helps him out a little bit because that would mean Sakurai at least knows about him. However, I have two big issues with him. One, he is a detective, so I struggle to imagine a fun and unique moveset for him. Two, he hasn't gotten a game since 2010 so he is irrelevant. And before anyone brings up K. Rool, Simon, and Banjo, those were highly requested characters and that is my gripe with Hyde. I never heard anyone request him and me and many people I know never even knew he or his games existed until we saw him in Ultimate as a spirit. Yes, you don't need to be a behemoth of a character like Cloud or Ryu to get into Smash, but Hyde just doesn't seem like the type of character that a lot of people would be hyped about, let alone buy him. We are talking about paid DLC after all. I could be wrong and he could be decently popular in Japan, but I see so many characters getting in before him.

Want: 35%

If Sakurai could pull off a fun moveset, I wouldn't mind Hyde being in Smash. His game has a distinct art style which could make for a good stage and the music is pretty good as well. But again, there are so many characters I really want, and he is not one of them.

Prediction: Concept: Rockstar Games Rep: 5%. I can't wait to discuss this as it is fascinating. I will save the details for when the day arrives, but Rockstar doesn't seem too fond of Nintendo consoles.

Nomination: Kratos (God of War) x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some songs to get into the Hotel Dusk mood.

Ok but for real here are the actual songs:

I will post my ratings in a bit.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Kyle Hyde

I like to say "never say never" but in this case, yeah, he's never happening. A spirit, a different focus for DLC, and despite two excellent games he's not really a massive "get" for Smash even on the Nintendo side of things. Unfortunately, I think a spirit is all he's going to get.

Want: 70%
Hotel Dusk is one of the best adventure games I've ever played. I was sitting on a bus in Italy when I got to one of the BEST twists I've ever seen in gaming and yelped so loudly people turned to stare at me. I have such a huge soft spot for the DS adventure game era - Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Zero Escape, Hotel Dusk, Another Code: Two Memories, Ghost Trick...just an all-star lineup of incredible games. I even sent my friend in the UK my copy of 999 and he sent me The Last Window just so we could both experience games the other had never gotten.

Kyle Hyde would have a beautiful sketchy art style to match his games. Could you imagine the titular Hotel Dusk as a stage with characters walking along the lobby? It'd be stunning. I could see him fighting like a hard-boiled detective in fiction with fisticuffs combined with his propensity for putting together gadgets and solutions out of everyday objects ("I got me a paperclip.") to make a moveset that isn't flashy but has versatility to it. Plus again the character himself would almost certainly evoke that beautiful sketchy style of the official art. He'd be awesome.

To be honest a lot of my Brawl and after wants came from that era - the Elite Beat Agents, Mona, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Ashley Robbins, Chibi-Robo...a lot of those have died down in my eyes but man, what an all star lineup for Nintendo in that era. Trust me, if you get the chance, PLAY HOTEL DUSK. If you're even a passing fan of visual novels or adventure games, you won't be let down. And pick up the sequel, too!

Nominations: Heihachi x5
If we've already rated Heihachi recently I've been out of the loop so feel free to instead change it to Velvet Crowe x5 if that's the case.

Rockstar Games Rep prediction: 3%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kyle Hyde

Chance: 0.1%

This guy is in the same position as a lot of other smaller Nintendo characters that exist like Ashley from Another Code and Captain Rainbow. I may not know what Fate was when we were rating Saber, but at least I knew there were multiple games released over the years unlike Hotel Dusk. Being a spirit would also rule him out if you believe there won't be any spirits, and even if that was the case, Kyle Hyde will get overshadowed by a lot of other characters anyways like Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Chun-Li, etc.

Want: 6%

Generally, I have very few Nintendo characters that I'd want to see in Smash, and he isn't 1 of them. He's not the kind of niche/obscure character that I'd want, and the only detective that I want to see in Smash is Layton. That's pretty much all I have to say about that.
-----------------
Predictions:
Rockstar Games Rep: 8.1%
-----------------
Noms:
Zhao Yun x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mr. Hyde

Not third party/already a spirit/tons of first party competition. His series has been dead for nearly a decade and the games themselves received ok-ish reviews upon release. Heck, the second game never even got released in North America and the developers of the series went bankrupt a few months afterwards. Also I usually don't like to generalize characters into archetypes, but if we were to get an investigative/detective type of character then Kyle would have to compete with Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton; both of which have much more going for them. I usually don't give out 0's in chances with Piranha Plant being a thing, but Kyle is so obscure that I don't ever see this happening.

Haven't played his game so I won't give a want rating.

Rockstar Games rep chance prediction: 13.73%

Nominations:
Kyo Kusanagi x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Squiggly Man from the Brawl Trophy

Honestly this is the pity percent. After Piranha Plant, every first party, regardless of likelihood, gets a one percent minimum from me. And we all know Kyle Hyde isn't getting more than that.

Want: 50%
I know literally nothing about him beyond his Brawl Trophy and the fact that he kinda-sorta looks like Lockstin and I think that's funny. But his Brawl cameo was memorable for me regardless. It was just a really cool trophy.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hotel Kylio

Chance: 0.5% - Kyle's got a lot working against him, as it seems. He's a spirit, his series is both on hiatus and hasn't been doing well, and there are a lot of heavy-hitter first parties that he has to contend with. Furthermore he doesn't seem to be particularly popular or requested on either side of the ocean. Still, as a first party character he gets a small percentage by default but that's about as much as I can give.

Want: Abstain - I've never played his duology so I'm going to have to abstain from this one. Still, if an investigator character gets in I'd rather have Phoenix Wright.

Nominations:
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5

Predictions:
Rockstar Games Rep - 7.83%

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Kyle Hyde

I'm going to be a bit generous and gave him 1% because well, ANY video game character can get in Smash no matter how obscure or relevant they are, but I do admit that Kyle Hyde is in a short end of the stick here. First off, his series, Hotel Dusk, has been pretty much dead for quite a long time and Nintendo doesn't seem to care about the series anymore after Cing cease to exist. Second, he faces a lot of competition from first-party characters and third-party characters. And the final nail in the coffin was the fact that he's a Spirit in this game and while I do believe that being a Spirit doesn't mean you're deconfirmed (especially after the More DLC Fighters announcement), I highly doubt Nintendo would pick him over someone more popular and more demanding like Geno or Shantae.

Want: 0%
I have not played Hotel Dusk so I really have nothing to say about the character. However, I will say this: If they want a detective-type character in Smash, chances are they're going to pick either Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton over Kyle Hyde.

Prediction:
Rockstar Games Rep - 5.18%

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Yesterday was a dumpster fire, and I'm glad it's over. Wasn't even gonna bother with that salty Saber supporter, because all hell would've broken loose, and he probably would've started a flame war. Hope to never see him again on this thread. On to the rating...

Kyle Who?

- Dead series
- Obscure character
- Already has a spirit
- First party

With all of the above in consideration, I can safely say he ain't happening this pass. Even after the fighters pass where first parties are more likely, I don't see him happening mostly due to how obscure he is. I do like his design though.

You can hardly get more obscure than this character.
Pappy Van Poodle had no search results on Google until YouTuber Nick Robinson made a video about him. Now that is a new level of obscure.

Rockstar Games: 0.94% (Let's see... GTA and Red Dead Redemption? I doubt these two will make it into Smash anytime soon, despite their popularity.)

The Horrible Goose x5

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
[Insert Naive "Jekyll and Hyde" Joke Here]

Sorry, but this is going to be a super simple one this week, and you can read the comments above and no doubt after mine to see why. No matter how great Hotel Dusk was (I never played it, but the artstyle really interested me at the time), it's not an ongoing series that Nintendo is trying to push nor has it garnered vocal support for Smash representation by fans. Hell, I don't even know if it has a passionate cult following like The World Ends With You that may have given it a leg up.

There's a lot of debate over whether characters from the visual novel adventure genre should even be added to the roster, and even if Nintendo did want to throw a rep in, Kyle would be laughably overshadowed by Phoenix Wright. Like, there would be no contest.

(I don't think Spirits deconfirm DLC. Maybe I did before the Fighter's Pass, but certainly not now that we're getting more. If Sakurai and Nintendo want to add a character, World of Light "canon" be damned, if it will make money and please fans, they will put in that character.)

Want: 2%

Again, I've never played the game before, so I really don't have anything to say here. I was going to abstain altogether this week, but reading through Flyboy's post above at least got me somewhat curious, particularly this bit:

I could see him fighting like a hard-boiled detective in fiction with fisticuffs combined with his propensity for putting together gadgets and solutions out of everyday objects ("I got me a paperclip.") to make a moveset that isn't flashy but has versatility to it. Plus again the character himself would almost certainly evoke that beautiful sketchy style of the official art. He'd be awesome.
We have a ton of fist-fighters in Smash, but now I'm sitting here thinking about punching Corrin's jaw or smashing a glass of scotch over Incineroar's smug face as a pulpy, old-school private eye, and I've gotta tell you, that's a beautiful image. We need more hard-boiled detectives in video games in general.

But yeah, even if this was post-Pass DLC and Nintendo was giving us a healthy mix of first- and third-party characters without any set rules, I can't see myself really getting hyped for this guy. Especially when characters like Shantae, a Resident Evil rep, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, a new Zelda rep, etc etc etc are all right there waiting in the wings.

Which brings me to Flyboy's next and most bummer of a point:

To be honest a lot of my Brawl and after wants came from that era - the Elite Beat Agents, Mona, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Ashley Robbins, Chibi-Robo...a lot of those have died down in my eyes but man, what an all star lineup for Nintendo in that era.
Smash 4 filled in so many first-party gaps in the roster, and man, can you imagine if all of those newcomers (DLC not included) were introduced in Brawl instead? Leaving room open in Smash 4 for those late-2000s/early-2010s picks? Like, there was a time when the Elite Beat Agents, another WarioWare rep, Phoenix Wright, and especially Chibi-Robo would've been shoe-ins for Smash. They were the next up-and-comers, like Olimar was in Brawl and Inklings are in Ultimate. And nowadays they aren't even worth being Assist Trophies.

Makes me wonder (not that I'm at all complaining about the current roster) what kind of once-legendary, now-forgotten characters we could've gotten in Smash if their games were just released on a luckier date...

Anyway!

Thrawll (WoW) x5

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Kyle once saw Hydlide. He instantly noped the heck out of there. (Kyle Hyde) :

Chance 100... Parts Per Million (PPM). In percentage terms that's 0,01 %.

Haven't played it at all, but based on the circumstancial pieces it's looking extremely bleak for him in the near future. Not saying an outright 0 since he could be a surprise addition long term - say Smash 6. He seems to have a certain uniqueness to him and to his games - too bad he's got a lot of competition from the era he was most active in.

Noms: Jin Kazama x5

Predictions: Rockstar Rep 10 %

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Kyle Hyde
Chance 5%:Kyle has a unlikely chance,he has lot of competition with other Nintendo characters(Walugi, Rex, Springman), the series hasn't got a new game/re-release since 2010 and being a sprit does not help.
Want abstain: I never played any of the Hotel Dusk game so I'm choosing abstain.
Predictions: Rockstar Games Rep 21%
Nominations: Dovahkin[Rerate]X5
and Reimu Hakurei[Rerate]X5

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Kyle Hydlyde

I do think that Spirits have a chance of being DLC, but that comes with a pretty big asterisk. Personally, I believe that if a character wasn't important enough to be a spirit in the game, despite being owned by Nintendo, they have no chance of being DLC. On the same note, if they weren't important enough to be an Ace or Legendary spirit, then that clearly shows Nintendo doesn't think they're important at all. Kyle Hyde is a 2 star spirit.

There's also the matter of... Who? Like, literally who? I had to google him. First party characters have MAJOR competition. He's not going to be in any time soon.

Abstaining on want, I have no idea about him and don't care enough to find out.

Rockstar Rep Prediction: 4.13%

Grass type starter x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Cause I was Kyle Kyle Hyde Kyle Hyde Hyde, Kyle....

Alrighty, we all know the deal. Super niche of a character that Nintendo has done next to nothing with in nearly the last decade, with 1st party competition being something really fierce. He gets the obligatory 1% for being a video game character, but with all the downsides this guy has, mainly a 3rd Party DLC extravaganza with I'm going to assume few 1st Parties in between, I certainly don't see him happening.

Want: 50%
That said, I have no knowledge of his series, and as such, it wouldn't be fair for me to give anything higher, or lower, than 50%. There are personally 1st Parties I'd want way more than him, but I really can't hold that against him.

Predictions:
Rockstar Games rep: Eh, who's to say at this point. The doors are litterally open. 13.27%?

Nominations:
Captain Rainbow x5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Kyle Hyde

Chance: 0.1%
Never say never but I'm really tempted to say it right now. It's a somewhat obscure game in a niche genre with a graphic style that I find doesn't fit smash at all. The best he could hope for is a trophy.

Want: abstain
I know many franchises, but I've only heard of Hotel Dusk, never took the time to play it. Can't say whether I want him or not, but I'd rather we have more iconic characters.

Predictions: 1%
Rockstar games rep huh? Earthworm Jim like many others is prob out of the question. Max Payne maybe? Though it'd likely be a GTA rep. Not too sure about that. I can't see Nintendo going that way... yet. Maybe in the future once we've exhausted more "friendlier" reps like Lloyd Irving for the Tales of series.

Nominations: Riesz x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Kyle in Hyding

Chance: 0.01%

He's a first party character so that bring his chances down as Sakurai's statement hints that all DLC will be 3rd party. Not only that he's a very niche character and wouldn't bring in the profits Nintendo is looking for.

Want: ABSTAINED

Considering I know nothing of Hotel Dusk and barely hear of it. It's pretty unfortunate how underground this game is.

Rockstar Games Prediction: 1.25%

Nominate Sol Badguy x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Shadow Trivago

Chance: I'm joining the 0% train. This guy has pretty much every exact problem you could ever face with being a Smash character: not relevant, not popular, not promotional, unable to sell himself, there's several issues that add up to this guy being a flat-out permanent pipe dream. I'll sing a different tune if he manages to get his series to come back from the dead but honestly? As far as I can see, this is a character who isn't impossible, but just ends up never happening.

Want: Also joining the abstain crew. From what I hear his series sounds pretty good but right now P5 has all my attention so I can't be bothered to play it. Once I'm done with it and Royal when it comes out, maybe I'll give him a shot. For now I don't even know what he's capable of, or what he brings to the table in terms of accessory content (stage, music, spirits, costumes).

Arle Nadja x 5, Rockstar should have around a 10.82% chance.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Ace Attorney started in the GBA era, though.
thanks dude I didn't know that it's not like I've been a fan of the series for over a ****ing decade or anything

The games were first localized and therefore available worldwide with their DS ports. Simple as.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Kyle Hyde
He's too obscure, heck I only know of its existence because of his Brawl trophy. That said his Brawl trophy was super unique as it was the only animated one. Very easy to remember
Want: 5% The design kinda speaks to me. And I'd take anything if it meant more First Party characters.

Prediction Rockstar 3.24

Nominate no more stages after the pass x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'd try to do a pun but I wouldn't be able to match the amazing ones you guys have come up with.

Scores out of the way first.
Want: 100%

I have no pretense of seeing Kyle playable in Ultimate, or really at any time unless Smash becomes Nintendo-only again. He's not very well known and really that's all it takes.

So let's just have fun and think of the possibility. Humor me, OK?

Kyle Hyde is the snarky, dry-humored protagonist of the visual novels Hotel Dusk and Last Window, both of which came out on the DS. Worldwide, I might add - he needs every advantage he can get. Kyle Hyde, without revealing too much of the plot (give the games a try!) is an ex-cop with a dark past who's fallen into rough times. The plots of the games see him investigating two locations (the titular Hotel Dusk and Cape West Apartments), interrogating people and finding evidence and other items to help him.

Moveset is an issue, I'll admit. He would probably fight using objects from the games, have his fists and gun, maybe using command grabs to reference him interrogating characters, but I think the attractive proposition here is to have him be the detective archetype like Flyboy said. Rushdown brawler, with strong melee focus and some tools elsewhere, preferably with a strong air game to differentiate him from other characters like Little Mac.

Moveset issues aside, he really does bring a lot to the table. His unique pencil-sketched aesthetic is instantly eye-catching (many of you know him just for that) and would make him and his stage definitely stand out from the crowd. Besides, you could have a hard-boiled detective type, smoking and beating up Nintendo mascots - how's that for a proposition? Kyle's not like any other Nintendo character, or really any character in Smash, and even the potential candidates to rep the genre don't look or feel similar.

Beyond that, you have the fantastic, old school jazzy soundtrack. I was honestly disappointed that there was nothing from this series in Ultimate, as it's really great material. There's soothing tunes like some of Animal Crossing, but also some really tense stuff that could be great as battle music. The stage would undoubtedly be Hotel Dusk, a shabby looking rundown place in the middle of nowhere, and hey, it would probably be tournament legal! No weird gimmicks here, just a beautiful notebook drawing of a hotel.

This is pretty much all I have to say, really, I just nominated Kyle because I love Hotel Dusk and would love to see it get a shot at Smash immortality, but yeah, probably won't happen. Still gave it 1% because the odds of it happening are no smaller than a potted plant's.

Rockstar prediction: 6.69%
Noms: Prince of Persia x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Reminder: after Kyle's day the top seven will be locked down, so make those nominations count.

Specter Knight x165
Ellie (The Last of Us) x150
Velvet Crowe x140
Adeleine (Kirby) x130
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x130
Gene (God Hand) x125
Jin Kazama x125

150 - 101

Concept: Another western character x117
Rundas x115
Ninten x115
Kyo Kusanagi x115
[Rerate] Micaiah x110
Captain Rainbow x107
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
9-Volt x105
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x105
Amaterasu x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Valve rep x95
Boss: Kracko x95
Lara Croft x95
Kratos x90
Frogger x85
Glover x85
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x85
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x83
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x80
Proto Man x75
Blaze the Cat x70
X (Mega Man) x68
Brian (Quest 64) x60
Papyrus x56
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Reporter & Wrestler x50
Prince of Persia x45
[Rerate] Arle Nadja x45
Concept: Any grass-type starter x33
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x25

Under 25

The Horrible Goose (Untitled Goose Game) x20
The Blob (De Blob) x15
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x15
Thrall (Warcraft) x10
Concept: No more stages beyond the Pass x10
Earthworm Jim x9
Giygas x7
King Boo x6
Chun-Li x5
[Rerate] Tetromino x5
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
[Rerate] Quote x7
[Rerate] Geno x5
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo of K. Rool x5
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x5
Sol Badguy x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Monokuma x4
Urbosa x4
Black Shadow x2
[Rerate] Dante x2
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x1

Adeleine draws past Gene and takes fourth place. Reimu Hakurei flies over Jin Kazama, Ninten, Rundas and Gene and ties with Adeleine. Jin breaks his tie with Ninten and Rundas and claims seventh place, kicking both of them off the list.

Zhao Yun and Amaterasu leap over the 100 nom mark.

Dovahkiin left the under 25 club.

For new nominees, we have Concept: Lord Fredrick as an Echo of K. Rool, Kasumi, Sol Badguy, Gordon Freeman, all with 5 noms, and also Dante from the Devil May Cry series, with 2 noms.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Kyle Hyde. Most definitely not AVGN's nemesis.

Chance: 2%
I don't exactly see him breaking out as a Fighter anytime soon. Hotel Dusk is rather obscure (though I have to say it's visual style looks great), and I doubt that he holds much weight compared to several other heavy hitters in the Visual Novel genre like Phoenix Wright or a DanganRonpa rep.

I don't exactly know him outside of his cameos so far in Smash as Trophies and his Spirit, but I definitely like the style of Hotel Dusk.

Nominations: Reimu Re-Rate

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Oh aye oh aye oh I feel like Kyle Hyde

Chance 0 - Really not sure he's popular enough for DLC, especially since he's an indie. Like I said with Cadence, I'm not really sure if Hyde would make a top 5 or 10 list for most likely indie characters to get in smash.

Want 30 - Never played the games, but flipping around a little bit while doing some research shows me that I might like them if I played through them. Seems like he could be a fun character

Noms
Kratos x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Kyle Hyde

This guy has literally everything stacked up against him, especially since this is DLC where the usual curve ball of the base roster doesn't apply. Let's go over this very quickly. His series is dead/finished and isn't likely to come back. He's first party which hinders his chances a bit slightly since Nintendo is focusing on third party as DLC, and if a first party character is getting in as DLC it most definitely won't be him. He's not very popular or highly requested. All of these devastating points combined make him a hopeless character. If this was the usual base roster I would've rated him slightly higher (keyword slightly) but since this is DLC I cannot see this character making it. Characters have to be memorable or promotional to make it in as DLC, and both of these things don't apply to Kyle.

Want: 35%
I played Hotel Dusk and I liked it for what it was. I have fond memories of the game and the DS era in general, which is why there's a part of me that wouldn't mind this character at all if he made it in Smash. I certainly have other characters that I wish to see playable before Kyle, and I don't think that list is gonna run out any time soon.

Rockstar prediction: 9.4%

Nomination: Reimu x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh aye oh aye oh I feel like Kyle Hyde

Chance 0 - Really not sure he's popular enough for DLC, especially since he's an indie. Like I said with Cadence, I'm not really sure if Hyde would make a top 5 or 10 list for most likely indie characters to get in smash.

Want 30 - Never played the games, but flipping around a little bit while doing some research shows me that I might like them if I played through them. Seems like he could be a fun character

Noms
Kratos x5
Not an indie though. He's first party.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Kyle Hyde

Chance: 10%. While not as popular, he could have a chance to appear. Competition is the main concern, but if he got in, it would be surprising.

Want: 50%. I'll be totally be up for a Nintendo Owned DLC fighter, but I don't know much about his Hotel Dusk. He could be a fun character to play however, so that would be a bonus.

Noms: 2 for King Boo, 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon becomes playable and 1 for Chun Li

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Kyle Hyde

Out of all the Spirits in the game that could be promoted to being a fighter through DLC, Kyle Hyde is sadly not one of those Spirits. He's not as popular and demanding as other Spirit characters like Geno, Bandana Dee and even Shantae. Plus, he faces stiff competition from other first-party characters aside from Geno and Bandana Dee. Plus, with the presence of Phoenix Wright, this really makes his chances almost non-existent but I gave him 1% because anything can happen at this point.

I'm abstaining because I have not played his game for me to give a want score for Kyle Hyde. But I might try it out someday...

Prediction:
Rockstar Games Rep - 5.88%
(I don't see this as likely, but it would be dope to see GTA in Smash.)

Nomination:
Jin Kazama x15 (I might as well use those 10 extra noms I have right now)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kyle Hyde

Chance - 0.05% - Does he have anything going for him at all, beyond unexpedidness? His fanbase has seemingly disappeared, and he doesn't seem like he would draw the crowd. He has almost nothing.

Want - 35% - Not that interested to be honest. I feel like a stage would be good enough for the series.

Prediction

Rockstar games rep - 3.24% - Maybe?

Nominations

Farmer X10

Top Bottom