• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Story mode
Chance:70%
It been teased but I don't think it's Subspace more adventure mode

Want 100%
Yes please it's fun going around in smash run.

Nomination Django x5 (10 if available)

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Story Mode (ala SSE)

Chance: 40%
Whatever that green mode is on the meny, it's certain to be big. And considering the all-stops development of Ultimate, it's not far-fetched to imagine that it might be oft-speculated single-player mode. After all, why have such a big crossover party if you won't try to make a story out of the whole thing?

For a lot of players, the Subspace Emissary is one of the great highlights of Smash Bros. history, and is something worth trying to replicate again. While I'm not convinced that Ultimate is going to honor Smash's history to the point that it'll try to emulate the SSE, the possibility's yet to be disproven, and there's plenty of people who certainly wish for it. However, it's also possible that Sakurai might have a different direction in mind for Ultimate's single-player, considering that he's experiment with single-player modes for all of Smash's history.

The reveal of the Subspace Emissary back in Brawl's development was one of the biggest updates to ever blow the internet's mind - but it also came pretty early on, gradually padded out with updates as the countdown to Brawl's release approached. I feel like we'd have seen a proper introduction to such a mode in at least the previous direct for Ultimate, if such a large campaign actually existed.

Want: 50%
Look, I love crossover cutscenes just as much as anyone, but developing The Subspace Emissary was nothing more than a complete disaster for Brawl. All those delays, all those developed assets and rigs, all those pre-rendered cutscenes - none of it mattered in the actual playable meat of the game itself. None of it saw the light of a multiplayer match, which is utterly ridiculous when Smash Bros is at its core a multiplayer game, because why spend so much development on something that had almost nothing to do with the multiplayer part? None of it could do anything about the Brawl meta dying faster than any other Smash's meta.

And what did all that development amount to? A six-hour Kirby game whose best feature was a staggered hour-long movie. You didn't even have to buy Brawl to enjoy the SSE - all you really had to do was click a Youtube link.

All these high Want scores feel similar to expecting one's parents to do twice the workload at whatever demanding job they're already doing. So much work is already going into making sure the mechanics themselves have replayability, that the roster is fun and balanced, and that the online connections are working as laglessly as possible. Anything on at least the same scope as the SSE would be one massive, undeniable distraction from all of that - and it'd have to be at least the SSE's equal, if not bigger, because otherwise what's the point?

At the end of the day, a story mode ends up as nothing more than a talking point that doesn't do anything for player retention. Which is fine for most other games - but for a competitive multiplayer game, the goal is to have people actually playing the game, not simply talking about the game. When Ultimate launches, the SSE is going to be the only good thing that Brawl will have going for it, and that's nowhere near the best kind of legacy a Smash should have.

Prediction:
Isaac: 65%
Felix: 12%

Nominations:
Sans (boss) x5
Guzma x5

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Since I forgot to do yesterday's prediction, I will fuse it with the story mode prediction, especially because they seem to be related in some way.

MONSTER HUNTER STAGE
Chance: 50%
It could go either way. It could be a stage, or a story mode level.

This could also go either way because I've never played a monster hunter game.

STORY MODE
Chance: 80%
That hidden mode Sakurai is teasing must be something big. Otherwise why hide it? Also the monster hunter stage with Rathalos seems to be a part of it.

Want: 100%
Ever since I discovered that Brawl had a special story mode back in the day, I was addicted and couldn't stop playing it. I played Subspace more than actual Smash until I beat the damn game. It took me a whole hour (maybe more) to finish the great maze, and finally beating the game was extremely satisfying. If Ultimate has a story mode like Subspace, I will be extremely happy.

Predictions:
Isaac: 95%
Felix: 45%

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Story Mode - I feel Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's Subspace are rather difficult to lump together. One I feel has a solid shot and the other I feel is done.
Chance - 80%
Rathalos and Dracula's boss battles heavily indicate there is a adventure like mode. I don't think we're going to be getting some large story involving lots of Mario franchise smashing like Brawl. (seriously poor Mario and co) However, I could see us getting some staged fights (Kirby fighting other food lovers) and some adventure styled levels with some bosses like Rathalos. Then they all come to the point of fighting someone or something that fits to be their enemy. Like Luigi would go against King Boo. Villains might be weird to do though, as who exactly would Wolf, King K Rool, or Ridley be going against that feels huge and scary compared to them.
Want - 95%
I'd love to see Adventure mode revamped and made more exciting. I'm not as big on SSE. I did enjoy it back in the day even if certain characters got treated poorly in comparison to others. (compare Pit's screen time to Olimar's) I like the idea of lots of bosses from the actual franchises instead of made up ones. King Boo, Titan Dweevil, Petey Piranha, Dracula, Hades, Rathalos, Mother Brain, Shadow Queen, Porky, etc. there's lot of cool things that could be done.

Noms 10x Gardevoir

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Adventure mode chances: I guess this concept is only confirmed if there's a story of some sort? Because while SSE had a story Melee's adventure mode was basically without any story, but we could also get something in between that technically has a story but that can be summarized in one line like "Save whatever/whoever has been stolen/kidnapped by the villain."

If any kind of adventure mode is sufficient to confirm this concept then I give a chance score of 85% otherwise if a one-liner story is sufficient then I'll give 70%. If a bigger story more similar to SSE is necessary then I'll go much lower and rate this 10%. Pick whatever score fits today's concept better, if you hesitate then settle for 70%.

I think an adventure mode is very likely, and each big Smash Ultimate presentation so far gave us a little bit of evidence: the E3 presentation gave us ladder attacks while the latest Direct gave us dedicated boss battles. For the former it would be surprising to to see it just for three multiplayer stages, and for the later I doubt these fights exist in a vacuum, or they would be part of Classic mode if not in some sort of adventure mode. "Spirits" also sounds suspicious as a game mode. There's also the fact some sort of adventure mode was something highly requested, and even though I don't expect a story as big as Subspace I could at least imagine some sort of short context, like characters have been transformed into spirits and Miis find Mario's who then must go on an adventure to save the spirits of other Smash fighters then eliminate a final boss to take their revenge and make sure it doesn't happen again.

It really would be awesome because it would give Smash Ultimate a new platformer mode which is something I really want. It's an awesome way to exploit the potential of Smash's gameplay and when it comes to precedent I had a lot of fun with Subspace and Smash Run. Speaking about Smash Run, wouldn't it be awesome if we were lucky enough to have both, with multiple maps of the adventure mode being recycled.

The roster is already pretty awesome as it is (only characters I would actually being disappointed in not seeing joining the roster at this point being Dixie Kong and a gen VII Pokémon newcomer) and I care more about getting a platformer mode at this point than anything else. Bonus points if this platformer mode has Metroidvania elements (basically unlock new characters to open new paths using their unique abilities) which is a concept I'm nominating.

Nominating:
New item: Beast Ball x6
Concept: new Metroidvania-like adventure mode x2
Concept: no more stages x2

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Story Mode

Chance - 37.5% - I do think it is a possibility, but I'd rather not get too confident. Remeber how the Subspace Embisary made Brawl have a spit focus? After that, it feels hard to justy a full scale replecation of that. A scaled down version defiently feels posible, though. I think Sakurai would be somewhat weary, seeing how big of a mess Subspace was. Still, it was beloved by some, so that may be enough to bring it back.

Want - 50% - Do it right, or not at all. It's going to be tough, and I'd rather not have split development on this mode. I think we would rather have a better game than have Subspace 2.0, If they can do both well, I'm all for it, but I'm too afraid of one mode or the other being botched.

Prediction

Issac - 43.42% - Most see him as more likely due to how the roster is shaping up...

Felix - 3.54% - Not seen as likely.

Nominations

Reimu Hakurei X10

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Chance: 75%

I'm totally down with the idea of an adventure mode. Would be sweet if if could end up being something related to Melee but a bit of Brawl's adventure mode too

Nominating: New Yoshi item x4
Wumpa Fruit x1

Gerrothorax

Smash Apprentice
Adventure/Story Mode
Chance: 90%

Fairly certain the secret green mode is some sort of story mode. Now whether it's more like melee's or brawl's adventure mode remains to be seen.
The lack of a proper single player mode was a big problem in smash 4 (alongside a myriad of other things). Smash tour sucked ass and classic mode was completely butchered. I loved both of the previous adventure modes so whatever one the new green mode ends up emulating is fine by me.
Noms 10x Disconfirmed Characters as DLC

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
Concept: Adventure/Story Mode

Chance: 85%
I'm definitely confident that we're getting an Adventure/Story Mode in Ultimate. It has been teased in the August Direct and many fans really loved the Subspace Emissary so I think we're getting one at least.

I wouldn't mind having a single-player Story Mode at all, as long as they make it enjoyable to play. I would like to see boss battles involving villains from other series this time, like Dracula, Rathalos or even Hades.

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Story Mode

ABSTAIN

Don't know where to put this anymore so just gonna do noms today:

Nominations: Gardevoir x10

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Story Mode
There seems to be actual boss battles in this game, so I think it's pretty likely that they're part of some story mode.
Sakurai could be messing with us, though.
Want: 75%
A story mode would be pretty fun. I wouldn't be too upset if it doesn't happen, though.

Isaac prediction: 40%
Felix prediction: 10%
Noms: Nathan Drake x10

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Story Mode/Adventure Mode

I think we are getting a Story Mode/Adventure Mode in Ultimate, but we still don't know if it's going to be like Adventure Mode in Melee or a single-player Story Mode like in Brawl. But, one thing we do know is that boss battles are a thing, so I guess we'll be seeing them in this mode as well.

The lack of a Story/Adventure Mode in Smash 4 was disappointing. Let's hope Smash Ultimate will bring this mode back (which I think is the green box that was shown in the Direct).

Nominations:
Jin Kazama x10

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Adventure/Story Mode:

Chance: 60%
It's definitely being teased. With Rathalos and Dracula appearing in places that don't seem to be stages, I'd be a bit surprised if there wasn't one.

I ****ing LOVED Sub Space and was hoping for another story mode in Smash 4. If it happens in Ultimate I'd be over the moon

Nominations:
Zeraora x5
Silvally x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Story Mode:
It's looking like very promising signs for it have been teased. The mysterious censored icon on the main menu, the Rathalos and Dracula Boss Fights being completely distinct stages, and they're obviously saving it for later on before the game's release.

Want: 95%
It'd certainly be a lot of fun. Even if it's portraits and dialogue cutscenes as opposed to the heavy cinematic cutscenes of Subspace, I'd love to have another proper Story/Adventure mode again.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Story/Adventure Mode.

90% Chance - I do not see why else they would be so cryptic for a new mode and fans have been asking for this for so long. This would truely make it the ultimate Smash.

100% Want - Who does not want this? SSE was amazing in Brawl and I would love to see another mode like it.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I hate to do this but due to personal stuff (nothing serious, just packing for college) the front page update will occur tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience, but I will get a strong revamp done for tomorrow. As for today...

Story/Adventure Mode

70% Chance

TBH I feel one of the big benefits to adding villains would be a story mode, which given some details we have seems to be teased. Does that mean a subspace? Maybe not, but some sort of story mode I feel will occur, using Nintendo locals. I feel that for this the biggest piece of evidence is the teased "spirits" mode and the fact we got two new boss fights.

100% Want

Honestly Subspace would have been amazing if it had Nintendo locals and enemies. The locations blended too much, which was a shame. I wish I was on DK Island, not in a generic jungle. Give me actual locations, not generic grasslands and factories. Give me a hodgepodge of nintendo locals.

Nominating Ninten x 10

DAY OVER, X10 noms over, rate Isaac and Felix (Golden Sun).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Isaac

He could easily bring so much to the table, and could help GS come back to the limelight.

We've been all waiting so long, and honestly if it finally happens many of us will be exceptionally overjoyed.

Felix
Chance: 60%
Want: 90%
Honestly getting Felix in would be amazing as well, but I think I'll be too amazed at Isaac getting in to mind if he's missing. TLA is easily the strongest GS game however, and Felix is another fan favourite, so it could happen.

Last edited:

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Isaac already? Awesome.

Given the ballot from a few years ago and the unceasing fan support, This might just happen. He might be included to represent an era of Nintendo that is often forgotten about: the GBA era. Buuuut Sakuri is abit of a trickster, so he might not happen.
Never played the games, but I will continue support the character. Has a neat design and could be more than an animu sword fighter.

Felix:
Chance: 68.2%
Echo fighters are all the rage, so he might be possible. But, I don’t think we will get an echo for every new character ever.
Want: 49%
After some consideration, I personally think only Isaac is necessary, we shouldn’t have to many echos.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just as a reminder, please elaborate more than two sentences for chance and want each for each character, or I can not count the scores NessAtc. NessAtc. THE TemporaryFool THE TemporaryFool . I am gonna give reminders like this a bit more the next few days since we are rating more big characters again and that generally brings in more people.

StormC

Smash Hero
Isaac
Chance: 55%
Want: 60%

Shouldn't be anything stopping his inclusion, his series being dead shouldn't be a big enough impediment with enough fan demand after :ultkrool:, but competition is pretty fierce for the last few characters and general obscurity to the public might hurt him. It's hard to weigh these things... but I feel like Isaac has a pretty good shot. Not great, but good. I could easily see a scenario going either way, but the ballot gives me optimism to go a bit over 50%.

I'm personally not a Golden Sun fan but I think he could be a really cool fighter and I'd be stoked for his fans. I just want other fans happy at this point.

Felix
Chance: 10%
Want: 70%

I don't know how likely this is since getting Isaac in the game seems like a big enough struggle, but I can't rule it out entirely. Not expecting it, but it could happen... I just think it's a lot to ask for. Richter seems to be added because of sharing moves with Simon, but Felix is entirely a bonus.

Strangely enough, I would actually want this, because I find Felix's design much more interesting and less generic than Isaac's. I'd play exclusively as him.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Story/Adventure Mode.

Chance:

I can see it at 30% realistically. Its definitely a mode Sakurai is thinking about. That's not speaking for SE.

Want: If its Melee style Adventure Mode, my want is 100%. If its SE, its 0%. SE was fun for the first two times, it taught me lessons, then it immediately got repetitive, stiff and bland. I never want to see it again. It wasn't meant to last. Melee's twist of Adventure Mode was already perfect.

Nominations: Cranky Kong x10

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am in the mood to make an analysis on Isaac tomorrow. I wanna figure out why recent speculation of Isaac has not been sitting well with me lately. Hopefully, I will be able to explain it fully.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Story/Adventure Mode.

Chance:

I can see it at 30% realistically. Its definitely a mode Sakurai is thinking about. That's not speaking for SE.

Want: If its Melee style Adventure Mode, my want is 100%. If its SE, its 0%. SE was fun for the first two times, it taught me lessons, then it immediately got repetitive, stiff and bland. I never want to see it again. It wasn't meant to last. Melee's twist of Adventure Mode was already perfect.

Nominations: Cranky Kong x10
Day ended, you were not in thread when I ended the day, rate Isaac and Felix.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Just as a reminder, please elaborate more than two sentences for chance and want each for each character, or I can not count the scores NessAtc. NessAtc. THE TemporaryFool THE TemporaryFool . I am gonna give reminders like this a bit more the next few days since we are rating more big characters again and that generally brings in more people.
Will my edit suffice?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Isaac

With Ridley and K. Rool being added, Sakurai seems to be going all out with the highly requested characters. Add in the several hints like possible leaks and I think Isaac has a great chance of making it in.

Want: 70%
I've only played a little bit of Golden Sun but I think Isaac is long overdue as a playable character. I've seen his moveset ideas and he looks like he'd be really fun to use.

Abstaining completely on Felix, I know basically nothing about him.

Nominations:
Terry Bogard x5

Last edited:

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Would prefer a bit more of a reasoning, saying "It can happen. But it might not" is not great tbh. Just what makes YOU think Isaac is likely. Your own thoughts, opinions, etc.
I will edit as needed. I never claimed to be good at comming up with reasons anyway:ohwell:

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Isaac
20.44% Chance (Previously 17.73%)
59.77% Want (Previously 58.60%)

Just for reference, here were Isaac's previous scores.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Isaac

Chance: 35%
It could be possible as he's still requested in some way. But I feel like the screenshot thing is looking for things that aren't actually there. Like the purple purple clouds in Brawl. And I wouldn't mind him though.

Felix

Chance: 20%
Want: 30%

Honestly I don't see it. And to me this stretching something from a franchise that faded into obscurity now.

Concept: More Than 5 Unique Newcomers x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten x328
Terry Bogard x307
Django (Boktai) x285
Reinhardt Gets a Trophy x280
Jin Kazama x280
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x270
Rowlet x260

Over 200

Concept: Hanafuda Character x252
Thwomp x226
Linkle x225
Concept: Disconfirmed Characters as DLC x225
Gardevoir x225
Ray (Custom Robo) x217

200 - 151

Nathan Drake x195
Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x193
Balloon Fighter x190
DeMille x188
Papyrus x180
Louie x160
Tsubasa Oribe x160
Concept: More than five unique newcomers (excl. Ridley/Daisy/Inkling) x160
Amaterasu x160
Concept: All-Star Versus x158
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x155
Fire Emblem Three Houses Protagonist x155
No More Stages x152

150 - 101

Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x150
Rick/Coo/Kine x139
Stage: Poke Floats x130
2B x126
Item: Beast Ball x124
Barbara the Batx122
Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x120
Concept: Metroidvania-like Adventure Mode x120
Klonoa x117
Concept: Punch Out Newcomer x115
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x114
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x110
Concept: Pikmin Newcomer x110
Raiden (Metal Gear) x105
Susie Haltmann x104
Daroach x102
Tora & Poppi x102
Project Zero/Fatal Frame Protagonist x102

100 - 51

Zeraora (Pokemon) x99
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x96
Viewtiful Joe x95
Edelgard x95
Gooey x94
Concept: Only 4-6 newcomers for base roster x90
Dovahkiin x90
Reimu Hakurei x80
Guzma (Pokémon) x75
Veronica x73
Yu Narakumi x71
Item: Breidablik x65
Toon Zelda x64
Endou Mamoru x62
9-Volt x62
Concept: Historical Character x60
Frank West x60
Slime x58
Chorus Kids x56
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Character x55
Concept: Wars Characters x53

50 - 25

Takumi (Fire Emblem) x50
Black Knight as a boss character x50
Rhythm Girl x50
[Rerate] Spyro x45
Silvally x45
Hilda (The Legend of Zelda) x40
Earthworm Jim x39
Stage: Ultra Space x35
Assist Trophy: Chun-Li x35
Adeleine x34
Concept: Unique newcomer with low support (less than 20 supporters on Smashboards) x30
Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong x25
Blacephalon (Pokemon) x25
Sans as a boss character x25
Concept: Xenoblade newcomer x25

Under 25

Donbe and Hikari (Shin Onigashima) x24
Master Chief x20
Concept: Break the Targets & Board the Platforms stage builder x20
[Rerate] Concept: Zelda newcomer x20
Sub-Zero x17
Concept: Modern Kirby Stage (Post Kirby Air Ride) x15
Concept: Custom Moves return x15
Concept: Custom Alternate Colors x15
Alexandra Roivas x15
Ryuhi (Flying Dragon) x10
Metal Sonic x10
Dr. Lobe (Big Brain Academy) x10
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x10
Break the Targets x10
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x10
Concept: Dragon Quest content x10
[Rerate] Cranky Kong x10
Kat & Ana x10
Volleyball Girl (NES Volleyball) x8
[Rerate] Excitebiker x6
Stage: Gyromite Stage x5
Nia (Hyrule Warriors) x5
Concept: Valve Newcomer x5
Concept: SR388 Stage x5
Concept: Playable Indie Character x5
Blaze the Cat x5
Alm x5
[Rerate] Octolings x5
[Rerate] Gengar x5
Yandere Chan (Yandere Simulator) x5
Concept: Team Rocket as a Pokémon Trainer Echo x5
Cooking Mama x5
Playable Master Hand x5
Joker (Persona) x5
Leo (Fire Emblem) x5
King Hippo x4
[Rerate] Ayumi Tachibana x4
Concept: New Yoshi item x4
Diskun x1
Item: Wumpa Fruit x1
Rowlet flies past Hanafuda character, which is just enough to save it from falling out of the top seven as Jin Kazama busts right into fourth place (tying with Reinhardt’s trophy). As a result, Hanafuda character gets kicked off the top seven.

No More Stages and Amaterasu cross 150 noms.

Sans as a boss character, Unique newcomer with low support and Xenoblade newcomer go over 25.

New concepts: New Yoshi item (4 noms) and Wumpa Fruit, presumably as an item (1 nom)

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Isaac

Chance: 50%

Granted, I feel like his chances have risen significantly higher than before. But I'm still in that "I certainly want to believe but I remember what happened with Sm4sh" stage. So I feel like going in the middle would be perfect for someone who fighting between their optimism and pessimism.

Seperate from my expectations, my wants are above the moon. If Sakurai put Isaac in Ultimate, I would be absolutely shocked. Not only that, but some interest in the franchise would spark again. That way it won't ever be forgotten by the general Nintendo Fanbase.

Felix

Chances: 25%

Like Isaac, my want for him is exactly the same. But I don't think he nearly has as much of a chance. This could still happen, as shown by richter being playable in smash. (Even if it would be the exception.)

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Isaac
Chance - 40%
I really figured Isaac was done and buried before this game took the unexpected twist of adding fan favorites! Now this increases his chances from being small to being reasonable. Even if I don't fully understand it, this boy has some strong followings on here with some very devoted people to Isaac. This would indicate he likely at least made a splash in the ballot and could show up. The "All The Stages Are Revealed" theory does hurt him as it does any new series though. To me, it did seem kind of final when Sakurai spoke of the stage, but I also am not sure there wouldn't be another new series reveal closer to launch as someone like Isaac, Banjo, Crash, Rayman, or Springman could bring in some hype. It feels like there should be, so I'm not willing to quite count out any new series incoming.

Now I'm going to kind of... debunk one claim I see often among speculation in favor of him that he was right up there with King K Rool. There is literally no proof of this claim. You can say he likely did well, but I'm seeing more and more people try to get him shoehorned as the runner up. Seriously google Smash Ballot results and you will get tons of different "results" all indicating different top dogs. Some have Isaac at the top, some have him in the middle, and others have him in the rear. Who else do we often see in these top dog spots? Deconfirmed characters. Ashley, Waluigi, Krystal, Takamaru, Lyn, Bomberman, and Toad are some that placed above Isaac in some results that have all failed to get into Smash. What makes Isaac's boot stick through the doorway that all the above failed to do? I'm not sold entirely on him being in the best position cause the people in favor of him use the "results" that favor him when they tend to vary. I'd instead place him around the same level as Krystal, Ashley, or Waluigi in popularity instead of making bold statements he is clearly above them.

The Sun! It appearing in King K Rool's trailer felt normal, but of course people have turned it into some sign Isaac is coming. I highly doubt it. Even if he gets in, I doubt the sun being in a daytime shot indicated anything other than it was daytime. I feel this is one of the most desperate claims of hinting I have seen.

The Rathalos Screenshot! This one I can see people connecting and respect it overall. I do think people underplay that Monster Hunter literally has a arena mode where you can team up with other hunters and take on monsters in a small area, so it may be playing homage to Monster Hunter more so anything else. This screenshot made me think of that, but I can see the Golden Sun's placement of party members and monster fit it as well.

Want - 50%
I used to support him, but I feel he is past his time and not quite retro either. He's like Geno to me at this point. Some little fish that has some Smash hype that managed to keep him alive in the Smash community past his prime. If he gets in, it's cool for his fans for sure. But if he doesn't? I wouldn't care much.
In his original design, he literally looks like the default for any make your character games. His adult design has more character to it, but that's not the version of him that people want or expect to get in. This makes hurts him overall for me in addition.

Felix
Chance - 20%
Maybe as an echo? I'm not sure Golden Sun would really fit the hype levels for an echo right off the bat. Also we could get Matthew instead.
Want - 30%
I prefer his design over Isaac's original. But I don't really think he should get in before other potential echoes for series more active and alive.

Noms 5x Gardevoir

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This will certainly be controversial, but here goes nothing.

Isaac

Chance: 100%
I honestly believe that, if we get only one more newcomer, it’ll be Isaac. Think about it, everything lines up. This game seems to be drawing heavily, if not exclusively, from the ballot. After Ridley and K. Rool, who was highest on the ballot? Chances are, it was Isaac. Some will say it was Geno, or Banjo. Might be. But those characters are third party, and both have competition from others in their respective companies (Sora, Master Chief). So, again, if we get only one more I expect it to be Isaac. Moveset potential? It’s certainly there. He isn’t a one time character, if that would be a problem. Games sold really well, although that probably doesn’t matter either.

We will probably get more than one newcomer, but his chances really are the best of any character.

I gave him 100% chance, so people will probably think he’s my most wanted newcomer. He’s not. He’s probably top 5 or maybe 10, but that’s not why I gave him those ratings. Golden Sun and The Lost Age are excellent games. Isaac would be a great addition to Smash. And I love representing the forgotten franchises in Nintendo’s portfolio. So make it happen!

Felix

Chances: 11%
He could work as an Echo of Isaac, or maybe a clone, but I don’t see him having the popularity to get in, so it really depends on whether Sakurai wants to pad the roster with Echoes.

Want: 80%
He’s a cool and well written character, and would probably bring some neat things to the table moveset-wise.

Who to predict? Will edit this later.

Nominations: Phoenix WrightX5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Isaac
Chance 5%
While he is popular, I believe we've seen every stage and I believe Isaac wouldn't get in without a stage. I just generally don't think we're getting anymore new franchises, since the music select screen showed us the icons.
Want 38%
I'm more than OK with it, but I never played Golden Sun so it not as much of a priority as other characters

Felix
Chance 4%
Want 28%
Same reasons as above, but as echo fighter, there are others I'd prefer first, and I definitely think Golden Sum would need a stage if it got an echo fighter.

Nominate no more stages xMax

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
This will certainly be controversial, but here goes nothing.

Isaac

Chance: 100%
Ya, 100% is pretty extreme for someone not confirmed, from a dead series, popularity varies based on the polls, and the "all stages revealed" outlook.

:ultchrom: and :ultrichter: have a 100% shot though. ;P

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Isaac:

Chance: 30%
After looking on other threads, I'm convinced the Ratahlos tweet was more of a nod to MH than GS. The GS connections were always reaching, and this tweet is the only evidence we really have. The fan ballots vary far too much. Sometimes he's top 10, sometimes top 5 or 3, others he isn't even present on a 25 character list.

I've wanted Isaac since Brawl and I want him now more than ever. Even if he comes back as an AT I'd take it.

Felix:

Chances: 0%

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac:
Chance: 30%

Isaac is really the only character I truly want for this game. I've supported him for almost the whole time I've been a Smash fan. It would be the biggest reveal ever for me if we got him in this game. However, I really just can't see it happening. I think he has the worst chances out of all the popular characters in the community (Banjo, Geno, etc...) save for maybe one or two. I don't think K. Rool helps his irrelevancy case very much: Sakurai said that characters from dead series are rarely considered iirc. The ballot is his only saving grace, and his competition was incredibly stiff for the ballot. Maybe he was able to top some fan polls, but for some reason I can't see him leading a worldwide ballot with 1.8 million votes. I highly doubt that the Rathalos Tweet was actually a hint either. It did make me happy to see so many Isaac fans in the responses to that Tweet, though. I just generally think the odds are stacked against him. I really can't see it happening, but I'd love to be wrong.

Felix:
Chance: 5%

If Isaac barely has any chance, Felix is even worse off. I think people are expecting too much from the roster still. Even if Isaac somehow does get in, I don't think Felix is happening. It would be great though. Felix would be a great echo for Isaac, and I don't think Golden Sun shouldn't have two characters just because it's irrelevant. However, that might stop Sakurai from putting Felix in even if Isaac makes it in, because he might not want to put so much effort into content for a series that is seemingly unpopular. Unless Isaac somehow performed unexpectedly well on the ballot. Make me eat my words, Sakurai, please.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Isaac
Chances: 55%
Want:100%(because I don't think its possible more)

Knowing that Smash Ultimate are picking characters from Ballot help A LOT Isaac's chances, since he got one of the best scores on the ballot of the "nonconfirmed"/"deconfirmed" characters (if the multiples pools are somehow acurate). Isaac are a GBA character, in which case we only got 3 others (Zero Suit Samus, Zero Mission ; Lucas, Mother 3 Japan Only; Roy , Binding Blade Japan only but debuted in Smash Melee), so he would be a good pick to represent the golden era of RPG's and GBA. Robin, in smash 4, is the live proof that a Swordsman don't need to rely so much on swords and can be a unique character, and Isaac is a Mage, Earthbender, Sword Wielding, Axe Wielding, Mace Wielding fighter, and he still have many Utility Psyenergy like the Known "move" in which he used as a AT in brawl, to some like Force, Catch, Pound, Lift that could very well work as his grabs and even a Special. out of Ivysaur( and maybe Olimar) I don't think we have another "earth related" character. and lastly with the "Everyone is here" I would be surprised if they let any AT out, and Isaac was yet to be shown together with Skull Kid and Shadow, for me the trio could appear in the same trailer.
Isaac is a character made by Camelot before they was like "I will only make Mario Sports games..." and was a huge sucess for a new franchise, his fanbase is huge, I'm sure most of us would buy a Golden Sun 1+2 remake if Camelot give it to us, and Smash is the perfect place to make people remeber Isaac, Smash made FE came to west, make Kid icarus reborn, I have many thing I could say, but I think this is enough why Isaac could appear and deserve to appear.

Felix
Chances:25%
Want:100%

Now its my boy Felix... first I didn't have any hope on him other than Isaac alt, but the moment I saw Richter saving Simon from Dracula... I saw Felix saving Isaac from Karst and Agatio, Simon opened the doors for Felix in my eyes(for him, for Ken and Shadow) Felix is a antagonist of the first Golden Sun and Protagonist of the second, he fights just like Isaac with some few chances in his game, so in Smash that would happen too. Also some people are getting the "Heroes vs Villains" as a theme for this game... Felix is not a Villain but he is a Anti-hero, a rival for Isaac, and his game is simply perfection, outside some dialogs that could have changed after he reunited with Isaac the game was perfect. If Isaac makes in I can see Felix as his echo, or at least a Alt Felix-inspired in Isaac
(Also Isaac main Djinn is Flint while Felix main djinn is ECHO... that alredy made him a Echo for me XD)

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac

Chance 75%

I think Isaac has a decent chance to get into Smash, though not an amazing one. If all the poll data and surveys I've seen on different websites are indicative of Isaac's performance on the Smash Ballot, then it seems like he might have done pretty damn well. I guess another thing that kinda helps is the fact that Golden Sun has had content in Smash before, so Sakurai is clearly aware of the series. Still, while "relevancy" might not be one of the biggest factors in choosing characters, the fact that GS hasn't had anything going for it since Dark Dawn could still hinder Isaac's chances. This plus all the other highly requested characters not confirmed/deconfirmed plus Sakurai's statement of "I hope you aren't expecting too many newcomers" does leave some room for concern.

Want 100%

I absolutely want Isaac in Smash Ultimate, and he is my most wanted character. I loved the Golden Sun games on GBA, with the Lost Age being one of my favorite games of all time. Isaac, being the face and most prominent character in the series, is naturally who I'd like to see most to rep the franchise. Isaac getting into SMash would also be awesome because it could spread awareness for the Golden sun franchise so that it can maybe one day re-awaken and flourish.

Felix

Chance 35%

Felix would be a very sensible choice for an Isaac echo, and I do feel we could be seeing more echoes in the future than unique characters, so if Isaac gets in, then maybe Felix could be one of those echoes. Still, Felix's chances do rely on Isaac getting in (assuming that Felix would be an echo and wouldn't be the unique newcomer for the series), and Isaac's chances, while good, aren't amazing, so that puts Felix in an iffy spot. That, and while there has been GS content in SMash before, it was minimal (and Smash 4 had less than brawl), so IF we get some Golden Sun representation in Smash Ultimate, I don't know if Sakurai would go overboard with it. I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility we could get Felix as an echo, but I don't think it's that likely either...

Want 80%

It would be cool to see Felix get into the game. While Isaac is my most wanted and my primary concern as far as GS representation in Smash is concerned, Felix would be the cherry on top, so to speak. Felix is also an important character in GS that I like, and he is the main character for my favorite game in the series (The Lost Age). As long as we get Isaac, I will be overall supremely satisfied, but Felix would be pretty cool too.

Top Bottom