• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Mark Chad

Chance: 2%

Honestly even though Mark is a notable character who is generally liked, he's kind of a random pick in my eyes. Aside from the fact that there's no guarantee Timmy is coming, there are other popular Fairly OddParents characters for a potential 2nd rep after Timmy. On the top of my head Crocker, Crimson Chin and Jorgen Von Strangle all have more demand and they stand out just as much as Mark does. That kind of competition combined with my skepticism of the longevity of this DLC cycle makes me doubt Mark is coming.

Want: 15%

Mark is a pretty entertaining character and I'm sure he can bring some unique things to the table. But he's simply not my first or even second choice for a Fairly OddParents rep. I'd prefer any of the three mentioned above.

I'm killing it with these predictions so let's keep going. Non Nicktoons Viacom characters: 4%

I have a total of 55 noms (including the ones for today) so let's see:
Music DLC x10
Doodlebob x10
Casey Jones x35

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mark Chang

Chance - 1% - No way he comes in before Timmy. The questions remains what happens afterwards. Mark is a memorable, but not quite in demand in comparison to other Fairly Odd Parents. While he might have some unique things to him, I can't help but think his tentacles might step on Zim's toes a bit too much.

Want - 60% - Mark's cool and all, but I really want Timmy first. That said, I do entertain the though of him enough that I wouldn't mind him.

Predictions

Non-Nick character - 1.23% - Probably not until we're more established.

Nominations

Vexus X5

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
FOOLISH HUMANS! Whazzup?
Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

We don't have Timmy yet, and we don't even know if we're going to get Timmy yet. Any Fairly OddParents character from this point on seems like an automatic low chance score, but Mark Chang in particular feels a bit lower rung compared to the likes of The Crimson Chin, Mr. Crocker and Jorgen von Strangle. He was a fun character, probably one of the most dynamic the show had given his constantly changing personal status quo, but the demand isn't there and come on, really, The Crimson Chin is right there.

Non-Nick prediction: 1%

Noms to Vexus.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Kang and Kodos' Distant Stoner Cousin
Chance: 0%

Ain't this the guy who really likes manure for some reason? Ehh... nah. I know he's a recurring character and could have a fun moveset, but even when/if we get Timmy, Mark is simply crowded out in terms of potential second FOP reps. Crimson Chin and Jorgen von Strangle would be the obvious contenders, and if the devs feel like being quirky, there's Mr. Crocker. Hell, I'd even expect Chip Skylark before this guy. At best, he might be in contention for like, a third or fourth FOP character several games down the line.

Want: Abstain

I got nothing here. It's been so long since I saw FOP that I barely even remember this guy outside of the manure joke.

Non-Nicktoon Prediction: 0.1%
Someone's gonna give it a 1.

Noms to Mr. Crocker

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Chang
Chance: 2.2%
Want: 30%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 2.17%! I get 25 Extra noms!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 100
DrifloonEmpire: 25
--------------------------

Dark Laser x100
King Goobot x100
Larry the Lobster x100
Spike (Rugrats) x100
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x68
Bunsen x65
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Casey Jones x50
Doodlebob x50
Concept: Music DLC x47
Henry & June x45
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x45
Rango x45
Papa Smurf x44
Alvin & The Chipmunks x38
Denzel Crocker x35
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Pelswick x15
Mr. Horse x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x10
Vicky x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Sam Manson x5
Swiper x3
Concept: Non-Timmy First Fairly OddParents Rep x2
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters

Predict Katara and Vexus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Nicktoon Viacom Characters

Chance: 0.5% -
We more than likely aren't gonna see this anytime soon. We have loads of important characters that ARE Nicktoons that still need to make the roster, so non-Nicktoon characters aren't a priority. Alongside this, nobody's really asking for them, whether they know they're possibly on the table or not, so there's no incentive for Ludocity to go to Nick for them. Plus the game as "Nickelodeon" in the title, unless they randomly decided on a guest character, it seems that Viacom wants to keep the game focused on Nick.

Even if we look past all of that, there aren't a lot of options. We all know how Live Action characters fare, and the other animation franchises Viacom owns (such as South Park, Beavis and Butthead, Daria, etc) are all adult or rated higher than the typical fare on Nickelodeon, so Viacom more than likely wouldn't want to raise the game's rating for the sake of an out-of-demographic character. And most kid-friendly shows that Viacom owns or makes shows for (TMNT, Star Trek, Garfield, Big Nate, etc.) are simply inducted in as Nicktoons anyway.

Really, unless there's a big fan push and Nick somehow approves, I don't see this happening anytime soon (if ever). Nick's going for a more focused approach with the product rather than the blue ocean/"see what we own" showcase approach WB is taking with Multiversus.

Want: 5% - There's too many Nicktoons superstars left to add, and there isn't really anyone else Viacom owns that would interest me. This isn't Multiversus, the game should stay focused on Nicktoons and Nick-focused media. South Park would be funny for all of 5 seconds but they wouldn't fit into the tone of the game at all. Neither would Beavis and Butthead, despite how funny they are.

Nominations:
Pelswick x35

Predictions:
Katara - 26.29% - Expecting scores similar to what Sokka got. She has roughly the same level of demand, but is overshadowed by Zuko's demand.
Vexus - 5.89% - Vexus is well-liked, but unlike Jenny (who everyone was pushing for), Vexus' demand comes from really just the core Teenage Robot fanbase. She's top 50 but not top 25, so I'm not expecting big scores for her anytime soon.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I want my MTV...or Comedy Central...
Chance: 10%.
A bit optimistic considering third-parties are always going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place when this is a game explicitly called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl that ALLEGEDLY can't afford Timmy Turner, and it's certainly not going to be anything live-action considering the Alex Mack problem is worsened tenfold when your actor is someone like Tom Cruise. Nonetheless, it's already been stated that the game's title isn't supposed to be taken super seriously and they would consider third-parties, but again, shoestring budget, which makes me think that they'd have to compromise by including someone from one of Paramount's adult cartoons if they really, really feel like having a guest fighter. I'll talk about a couple of them here:

Paramount seems really, really desperate to ensure people still know they own South Park, when they paid the show's creators almost a billion dollars to make 14 P+ exclusive specials and occasionally feature the characters in P+ commercials despite the limited SP content on the service. It may be a show that has that warning at the beginning for a very good reason, but Matt and Trey have occasionally been able to clean up their act in some cases, like the official SP pinball table having a "G-rated" option, and there's also SP animations that certain sports teams like the Denver Nuggets have commissioned for their stadiums which can't show how awful Cartman is just in case there's 3 year olds in the audience. However, Matt and Trey became really strict about how the show is handled in games after the mediocrity of the show's 5th-gen titles, but they still allowed Rock Band to have "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld" as a bonus song and recorded a Cartman version of "Poker Face" when the song was actually licensed for DLC.

Beavis and Butt-Head is just as notable, and Paramount's definitely doing stuff with it too. There's the movie which came out last summer, Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe, which lead to another revival season, plus P+ is slowly but surely getting all of the original series on the service, including the music videos with the duo's commentary. I've even seen them occasionally be requested as guest fighters during NASB's prerelease season anyway due to being owned by the same company as Nick. Hell, it's because of Ren and Stimpy that these two got a show anyway-according to Mike Judge himself, he believes R&S airing on MTV as well lead to the network being willing to commission cartoons that are even less for kids, including B&B.

...and then since I'm really playing devil's advocate anyway, I'll talk about Clone High for a bit too. CH got a "meme revival" of sorts in 2020, and we all know the devs like memes, and now it's getting an actual revival too. But with the revival being on HBO Max, I doubt Paramount would ever consider it anyway.

Want: 50%.
I legitimately like these shows and I'd much rather see them in this than MVS for reasons I won't talk about, but at the same time I don't want fans to go too crazy and act like the floodgates really are open when these guests are most likely cheaper than anything outside of Paramount, nor kill any hopes for deeper Nickelodeon cuts that make Oblina look like SpongeBob.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A subsidiary of Viacom
Chance: 3%
Want: 0%

I've had a lot of thoughts about the idea of "third party characters" in NASB over the year and a half it's existed. I don't really want it, nor do I think it's terribly likely, at least not for this game, but probably not for the sequel either.
Not only are there plenty of Nickelodeon characters left to go from both new and already represented shows, but we don't even know if characters like Timmy Turner are even possible. It also doesn't help that any Viacom owned animated properties that are not under Nickelodeon's banner are not family friendly. This isn't some sort of mistake, Nickelodeon IS Viacom's family friendly/children centric brand. Anything that can be considered at most all ages goes to Nick. As funny as it would be to have Cartman or Beavis and Butthead, it flies in the face of Nick's image. Anything else is live action and we already know what the issues with that are.

My main issue with the idea of third party characters in this game, be them Viacom owned or otherwise (you would not believe how many people I've seen crusading to get Finn and Jake in this game, along with a certain orange gi'd meathead), is sort of similar to my problems with it in Smash, where is the line drawn? As Smash became more and more focused on Third Party newcomers (as fun and cool as those newcomers are, mind you), middle rung Nintendo characters who could have gotten in otherwise were pushed aside. We didn't get any of the fun obscure picks or WTF characters that past Smash games were infamous for doing, any oddball characters were ones we already had, and then Piranha Plant, who's from Mario anyway.
Taking that to NASB, I'd rather see them dig deep and take advantage of Nick's well of characters before we start getting Daria or someone from Cartoon Network. If adding Star Trek, Transformers or South Park characters keeps us from getting characters like Stick Stickly, Snap or the Angry Beavers, then it isn't worth it.

Katara: 35%
Vexus: 12%

Noms for Rango

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Wait, WHAT?! But they're in Multiversus, what's even the need for this?
Nick technically owns Adventure Time's pilot since it aired through their Random! Shorts thing, but they rejected picking the show up, letting Cartoon Network have an evergreen cash cow.

This apparently is enough of a connection for some people.

But then there are people who want Spongebob and Mario in Multiversus, so it's not like anyone's interested in making any sense anymore.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Non-Nick Viacom character

Chance - 0.5% - When it comes to money, we can't even seem to afford Timmy Turner, a Nicktoon. I don't think we simply have the budget for this. Even if we did, I think it's too early to get into crossovers, espeacally because Nick seems to be their "family friendly" program that works.

Want - 20% - There are too many Nicktoons to get first. I'd rather focus on those then start opening the doors to more out-there stuff.

Predictions

Katara - 18.45% - Not the best, but not the worst...

Vexus - 3.45% - Not likely...

Nominations

King Goobot x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
chances: 0% i just don't see it. nick's given them enough trouble getting their characters in a game so i don't see how viacom would be any better. plus this game is a huge nostalgia trip for the devs in certain ways and I'm not sure they'd want to bend it too far. overall i see no reason for it to happen.

want: i'm gonna abstain on this one. i'm not sure who else viacom owns

noms to spike

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I LOVE BRANDS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Chance: 0%

Yeah, I don't see it. The name of the game's Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and while the devs may be willing to think outside the box, including non-Nickelodeon characters isn't something I expect to happen in this game or even a sequel. The demand just isn't there at the moment, and when there are so many big names left in Nick's catalog, it doesn't seem worth it to delve into Viacom's backlog of other IPs. There's also the matter to consider that most of Viacom's non-Nick IPs would either be too hard to get, or just wouldn't be feasible to represent in a game like this due to being made for mature audiences (i.e. B&B and South Park). I can maybe see the devs considering this after the "obligatory" picks like Squidward and both of the -immies are accounted for, but even then, I dunno what they'd really spring for that doesn't already fall under the Nick umbrella.

Want: 0%

In my humble opinion, hell no. A tight focus is one of the things a crossover needs to keep me invested, which is a big part of why I prefer themed crossovers over Fortnite-esque "everything and the kitchen sink" IP grabs. I never got into MultiVersus specifically because the closest that game has to a theme is "stuff WB owns" and defining a crossover's scope purely by corporate ownership is incredibly lame in my opinion. (Hell, they might not even have that going for them anymore if some of the leaked characters are to be believed, expanding the game's scope to "literally whatever," which I find even worse.) Including a non-Nickelodeon character in NASB would have a similar effect in my opinion; I didn't come for Paramount+ Pummel or whatever, I came here to see my favorite Nicktoons duke it out (plus a few really famous guys who happened to join the family along the way). Besides, we've seen what scope creep has done to games like Smash over the years: fans of B-listers like Dixie Kong and Bandanna Waddle Dee have been hung out to dry in recent times as headline after headline is claimed by the Steves and Sephiroths of the world. I don't want that to happen to NASB, especially when we've got so many popular and obscure characters waiting in the wings. The closest I'd wanna see to a non-Nick character going forward would be one of the DreamWorks family since those guys at least had shows on Nick and thus keep with the theme. Otherwise, let's just stick to Nick for now, at least until all the big names are squared away.

Katara Prediction: 25.8%
Expecting maybe a bit lower than Sokka, but similar scores on the whole.

Vexus Prediction: 6.8%
I've actually seen some cursory demand for this character, but MLAATR getting another character in the first place is doubtful this early on.

Noms to Mr. Crocker

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
non-Nicktoons Viacom characters

Chance: 1%

So I nominated this thinking there was going to be some kind of left field pick that would have been declared as a darkhorse that would have driven more conversations. But looking at the list of things Viacom owns the biggest issue is just disparity in tone and target demographic. Like people love The Twilight Zone, Walker, Texas Ranger (whose main character can solo your favorite Nicktoons verse), Naked Gun, Scream and Top Gun. But none of those things fit with NASB and each of them come with a motherload of issues. People have brought up South Park but even if they toned down everything the reputation of the series speaks for itself and it will hurt the game's image. I just can't think of a good candidate for this concept.

Want: 25%

I understand everyone's hesitancy to avoid characters that go outside the Nicktoons brand (It's the name of the game after all). That said, there are a lot of Paramount properties and characters I really like so if they decided to say **** it and include a guest character, I'd be down. I agree that we shouldn't get multiple of these characters but having just one would be a treat.

Noms: Casey Jones x5

Last edited:
One Newcomer, Hold the Slime
Chance: 1%
If we can't even afford Timmy Turner, Squidward, or the other two Ninja Turtles, we're not getting a Viacom character outside of the Nicktoons. And even then, who could fit the kid-friendly appeal of the Nickelodeon brand that's not already on Nick? Well, I have one idea...

Yes, I do want a newcomer that's not from Nickelodeon proper. But this is mainly to get a Terrytoons rep in the game. If Mighty Mouse ever gets enough noms, I'll explain why I want a Terrytoons character then. However, as it currently stands, I'd rather get actual Nicktoons in first.

Katara: 30%
It would be a higher score if it weren't for Zuko and Sokka providing competition. And Korra's already the waterbender we have in the game, whether or not you like that show.

Vexus: 10%
A bit of an over-prediction, yes. But if we ever did get another MLAATR fighter, it would be hard to beat her.

No noms because I'm new here.

D

Deleted member

Abstain. I'm worn out on writing and this is a pretty daunting one.

Katara - 24%

Vexus - 8%

Noms to Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay. I was merely using them as additional examples of why we won't be getting a non-Nicktoon character.
Well it sounded like you thought they were cut because of the game's $5 budget, and not because Ludosity didn't want four palette swaps and didn't invent the concept of Squidward not being playable.

Well it sounded like you thought they were cut because of the game's $5 budget, and not because Ludosity didn't want four palette swaps and didn't invent the concept of Squidward not being playable.
My mistake. I didn't want to come off as uncaring towards the actual crew behind it. I just wanted to bring up reasons why someone outside of Nick probably won't happen for a while.

I also wanted to write enough sentences to qualify for some nominations, but that's on me.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom Characters
Chance: 0.2%

Want: 20%

Winner is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 0.1%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Darkonedagger: 100
Ze Diglett: 25

Larry the Lobster x100
Dark Laser x100
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x73
Bunsen x65
Casey Jones x60
Rango x55
Doodlebob x50
Pelswick x50
Henry & June x45
Denzel Crocker x45
Papa Smurf x44
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Mr. Horse x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Vicky x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Sam Manson x10
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Katara and Vexus

Predict King Goobot and Spike (Rugrats)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katara

Chance: 25% - Katara's in about the same spot as Sokka, maybe slightly less due to Sokka's appealing comedy/mematic factor. Katara's a very well-liked character in both the Avatar fandom and Nickelodeon as a whole, and while I haven't seen much activity pushing for her specifically, I've seen a ton of push for more Avatar characters in general. Though that push may also be to her disadvantage, as it is concentrated squarely on Zuko right now. Plus, they may just do one rep from each element, so Korra could be a potential barricade. Nonetheless I wouldn't write her off, and both her and her brother's ratings will soar once Zuko gets in!

Want: 90% - Yes please! While Katara was a little too aggressive at times, she was still a great character and a critical part of Team Avatar! So I would never say no to her addition! She'd be a pure waterbender character, and mix that in with her ice moves and you have a fun and unique representation of waterbending that would make for a great moveset! She would also prove that Korra doesn't get to monopolize the Water Tribe slot, so that's always a plus! I'm a huge fan of Avatar, and while I removed 10% due to believing that Zuko should be first, along with her competition with Sokka (he's my favorite character), I would be super happy about her inclusion! I'd love to see all of Team Avatar on the roster at some point!

Queen Vexus

Chance: 10% -
Vexus, while a super cool character in the show, hasn't managed to replicate the same success that Jenny has. She is Top 50 according to the recent poll, but not Top 25. The big difference is that while pretty much everyone was pushing for Jenny, Vexus' support is mostly limited to the core Teenage Robot fanbase, which won't speak nearly as loud to the devs. Plus if we get a second rep from the show at all she has a decent amount of competition (though said demand would elevate her if the devs want to choose another Teenage Robot rep specifically). She's in an odd spot, definitely someone to consider for a sequel but not a character I'm putting money on.

Want: 40% - She was an awesome villain, but it's hard to decide between her and other Teenage Robot reps. The show had a super unique and fun calvacade of heroes and villains, and while I'd take her over, say, one of the space bikers, it'd be a tough decision choosing between her and someone like Brad or Sheldon. Furthermore, we got Jenny herself recently, and there's other series I wanna see get second reps first (mainly Danny Phantom). Still, Vexus was super cool and she has a lot of awesome stuff at her disposal, so she'd still make for a very worthwhile and fun character! Plus Cluster Prime exists so she easily has a cool stage to bring, too!

Nominations:
Pelswick x20

Predictions:
King Goobot/Spike - 1.48% for both - While great characters in their own right, I'm gonna give the two the same prediction for similar reasons. Both are much lower in the order of demand than ideal. Nobody's really asking for either of them, and in Goobot's case he has to contend with the most in-demand character in the game. Meanwhile Spike has to deal with the general lack of demand for more Rugrats as a whole. Not expecting confident scores.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Spike prediction: Mirroring Drifloon's 1.48%
There's gonna be the "well, we gave Goku a 1% soooo..." ranking. Otherwise this just seems like a dumb loophole to a rule that we already know doesn't even exist.

Goobot prediction: 5%
A major villain from a series that content from is in very high demand, I could see some confidence.

All noms for PM GHZ

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Katara
Chance: 35%
Want: 90%

Ignore what anyone tells you. Just because Korra is from the Water Tribe doesn't mean her and her half Earthbending moveset are the Waterbending representative of the game. If we want a moveset that can truly do Waterbending justice, well we'd need Katara!
The push for Zuko is really hard, but after he gets in with an all Firebending kit, there's no real reason Katara can't follow up later with an all Waterbending kit, giving all four elements their own character. I'd actually probably put her ahead of Sokka in that regard. Having more possibilities for cool moves is a priority to the devs, after all.
Also Katara is a great character, so I'd be thrilled to see her. I'd rather see Zuko first, but Katara is a close second.

Vexus
Chance: 15%
Want: 100%

We just got Jenny, so another Teenage Robot character is probably not in the cards, and any MLAATR fans are probably satisfied having actually managed to get Jenny in the game, so there isn't much demand for more.
Though if there's anyone who would make a good second Teenage Robot rep, it'd absolutely be Vexus, the most prominent and coolest villain the show had. As another shapeshifting robot woman, her potential is through the roof just as much as Jenny's was.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know what kind of competition she'd have in regards to other Teenage Robot characters. I mean, who else are they gonna put in, friggin' Sheldon? Nah. I think it's pretty sensible to assume Vexus would be a lock if they wanted another MLAATR character.
It's hilarious, I didn't think of Vexus until someone nominated her and now I want her in really bad. What a great pick,

I've crushed on both of these characters at some point growing up, so this was an interesting combination for a day.

Spike: 1.50%
Goobot: 10%

Noms for Doodlebob

Last edited:
Nickelodeon's Moana
Chance: 20%
I'm not sure if Katara can make it in. I mean, the Avatar universe already has three fighters in the game, but it only recently became a big IP for Nick. That, and we have Korra as our resident waterbender, plus Zuko and Sokka being more requested than she is. All in all, it'll be an uphill battle for Katara.

Want: 55%
I actually would not mind having more Avatar reps in NASB. I mean, it was the only show besides Spongebob to win the Favorite Cartoon Award since 2003. Besides, we're talking about a bright spot in 2000's Nick history over here. I'd say the more benders, the better.

WRONG LEVER!
Chance: 10%
We got Jenny in as DLC,
& we may be getting a sequel to the game
, but that doesn't mean a second Teenage Robot rep would be that high up on the request table. In this corner, we have additional reps for Spongebob, TMNT, Avatar, The Loud House, Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom, and others. And in this corner, we have unrepped series like The Angry Beavers, ChalkZone, KaBlam!, Doug, and Barnyard. It's going to be hard to justify a second MLAATR fighter.
And even then, perhaps we'd get one of the human characters, like Brad, Sheldon, or Mrs. Wakeman, instead of Vexus.
Plus, Eartha Kitt is dead, so we'd need a replacement actress for Vexus anyway. Strike four.

Want: 80%
I had a crush on Jenny growing up, so of COURSE I would want another character from Tremorton to make it in! Plus, given the track record of requests, it seems that villains, or otherwise bad guys, are in more demand now that Jenny, Hugh, and Rocko are in. She may be the second rep anyhow.

Terrytoons representation x3
Count Duckula x2

Spike: 3%
If the higher-ups don't want us to beat up an infant, then at least Spike has a small chance. Depends on their stance on animal abuse, though.
King Goobot: 1%
Let us get Jimmy himself first, and then we'll talk about Goobot's chances.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Katara

Chance - 10% - Korra may be technically a Water bender, but she barely feels like she counts. The real problem is Zuko, who is simply too popualar that he kinda hogs all the Avatar slots. While Katara is beloved, I don't see her overcoming Zuko.

Want - 80% - No specific feelings about Katara, but I did love Avatar. I would be fine with it.

Vexus

Chance - 5% - Not a high priority. Due to Jenny getting in, most of the Teenage Robot Fans are happy with where we are now. She's probably the frontrunner for next character from the franchise, but that's not really in demand due due Jenny just coming in via DLC.

Want - 60% - Vexus is okay. To me, she's always been more associated with sabotage and hidden plots rather than outright fighing, though she can do some of that. As such, I don't view her as much of a fighter compared to some others. Still, she would be cool on some level.

Nominations

Larry the Lobster X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Katara
Chance: 22.5%
Want: 78.75%

Winner is @Darkonedagger with 24%! You get 50 Extra noms!

Queen Vexus
Chance: 10%
Want: 70%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 10%! OUR FIRST ON-THE-NOSE PREDICTION! Congratulations, you get 1000 Extra noms!

We've had not one but TWO shakeups to the Want Top 10! Katara takes 6th place (right below her brother!) while Vexus takes 10th! Squidward and Kappa Mikey are no longer in the Top 10!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 25
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 1000

Dark Laser x100
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x78
Pelswick x70
Doodlebob x70
Bunsen x65
Casey Jones x60
Rango x55
Henry & June x45
Denzel Crocker x45
Papa Smurf x44
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Mr. Horse x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Vicky x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Sam Manson x10
Terrytoons representation x6
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Count Duckula x4
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate King Goobot and Spike (Rugrats)

Predict Larry the Lobster

King Goobot

Chance: 1% -
King Goobot's in an extremely tough spot. He's not well-requested, and not only does he have to contend with the #1 in-demand character Jimmy Neutron, but even for a third rep Carl and Sheen are in his way. And even if they want to add a Jimmy Neutron villain there's loads of choices you can go with (hell, the final special was actually titled "The League of Villains"!) Granted, none of those other villains are in demand either, so he's at least on a level playing field there, but outside of that, there isn't really anything going in Goobot's favor.

Want: 20% - Jimmy first, JIMMY FIRST, JIMMY FIRST. After Jimmy, things open up! A third rep would defintiely be a good time to add a villain, and King Goobot is extremely notable (you could even have his losing animation be him as a puddle with eyes on the ground!), so he'd make a fantastic choice, even if other Jimmy Neutron villains are more combat-oriented. Plus the stadium for Poultra's hatching would make for a very cool stage! So right now, gotta add Jimmy, but after him I think Goobot would make for a fun addition.

Spike

Chance: 3% -
Rugrats in general has little to no demand, and I don't think I've seen anyone requesting specifically Spike. Alongside that, if we take the big poll into consideration he'd be well behind Tommy, Angelica, and Stu in terms of demand, and that's some extremely tough competition. Plus Spike is an animal and a human pet (rather than a humanoid/sapient animal like Rocko or monster like Reptar), and thus Nick may want to steer clear from potential animal abuse comparisons (though they put Odie in Kart Racers 3, in a position where he can get smacked by loads of items and stuff, but who knows). Really, not much going in Spike's favor. I can see him being a stage cameo, though!

Want: 30% - I've always loved Spike! His design is adorable, and he's always been a faithful companion and lovable character all around! While I want Tommy first, I would love to see Spike in the game in some form once he's in! Quadrapedal fighters are rare, and a dog as the main fighter (as opposed to a one-off move/companion for another character) would be a very unique archtype to try!

Nominations:
Pelswick x10
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x10

Predictions:
Larry the Lobster - 5.96% - While he has been in Nick crossovers before, like Nicktoons, MLB, the demand for Squidward/Krabs/Plankton is way too strong for him to overcome. So not expecting much in the way of confident scores.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goobot want: 46%
I like his design, it's funny. From what I gather he can escape his egg and ooze about? Fun moveset potential there. Also, Jimmy getting double Hugh'd would be hilarious.

Larry prediction: 6%

1 nom towards PM GHZ (so it can share a day with Biggie) and the rest towards Concept: Timmy getting Hugh'd

Last edited:
Abstain on rating King Goobot and Spike. While they do have potential, neither of them make sense as second reps to their franchises. Heck, they wouldn't even work as the fifth representatives each.

Larry the Lobster: 4%
I'm giving him such a low rating because, even if we take away Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton, there's still additional characters like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, Fred the Fish, Mrs. Puff, Pearl Krabs, and so much more that the Narrator got tired of waiting, and they had to hire a new one.

My main contribution today is nominating characters:
Henry and June x 50
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x 50
Papa Smurf x 50
Alvin and the Chipmunks x 50
Rudy Tabootie x 50
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x 50
Terrytoons representation x 25
Ickis x 25
Danger Mouse x 25
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x 25

LimeTH

Smash Lord
King Goobot
Want: abstain

Another Jimmy Neutron character who isn't Jimmy Neutron, the current #1 most requested character for the game. King Goobot doesn't really stand much of a chance getting in now, and he doesn't really seem like much of a third pick either.
I don't really need much more than Jimmy and Hugh, so I'm not gonna rate for want.

Spike
Want: 10%

I mean, it'd be unique, I guess? Quadruped characters are rare in platform fighters...
Spike feels like a Hugh pick in the way Reptar doesn't. I'd be more interested in seeing one of the actual Rugrats as opposed to their dog.

Noms for Doodlebob
Larry: 35%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Spike

Chances: 0% ok i think one of the babies is more likely. i certainly don't think there's a problem with having a baby in a fighting game, see smash. but do we know what the devs think? i nominated spike cause the inclusion of reptar did suggest that maybe they were looking for alternatives and the dog seemed like a reasonable suggestion. more so than that robot snail i recall from the second film. but my gut says if we get anyone, it'll be tommy or angelica.

want: 75% ever since getting a dog of my own two and half years ago all dogs have become better in my eyes. hence my love for the pokemon dachsbun. anyway i feel he'd be different enough to offer something really fun to play as. plus you know he's a dog. a fwuffy wittle dog. ahem. i'm ok.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I haven't had as much motivation recently to post but I do want to give a few thoughts on this day.

King Godot..er GoBot.....Goobot that's the one

Goobot is a notable villain from the show but I just don't think he's likely. First off I don't expect Jimmy to get Hugh'd twice, since no other character from the show matches his level of demand now. Assuming Jimmy does get in this DLC cycle, that means that we are going into "third rep" territory which is more shaky. But if we do get a third Jimmy Neutron rep there is stiff competition. Not only are there the memey Carl and Sheen, but in terms of villains you have Professor Calamitous who is by far the most prominent villain. Overall everything is stacked against Goobot at this moment.

First up: Jimmy first! Second, I actually don't remember this character a lot. I did watch his movie and I vaguely remember the villain team up special but it's been so long at this point. Thus I can't say much about him except right now he's not a high priority. Get Jimmy in then we'll talk.

Spike

It's possible, but I doubt it. Rugrats in general doesn't have a lot of demand and the demand that is there is split up between different characters. It's usually Angelica, one of the babies or even the dads that get mentioned. But I barely hear Spike get brought up. I just simply think he's not happening for this game.

Like I've said before I never cared about the Rugrats. However, I do love dogs and we don't get quadriplegic fighters often. I'd be ok with him.

Noms: Music DLC xMax

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
King Goobot

Chance - 1.5% - Jimmy is too popular to not put in at this point. Hugh was already a bit too much for some people. Once Jimmy's in, he's still not quite there due to many other Jimmy villains getting in the way, most notably Professor Finbarr calamitous.

Want - 40% - He could be cool. That said, I need Jimmy first.

Spike

Chance - 0.25% - Spike's just a dog with no real notable traits. He's not even that popular, considering that we still don't have a baby to represent the Rugrats.

Want - 40% - Shrugs. I don't care much for him, and don't think of him as that interesting. I'd rather have someone else.

Nominations

Dark Laser x100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom