• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well, somebody's gotta rate Nate.

Large Nathan: 15%
This may be a bit of a highball - that being said, Big Nate is something Nickelodeon is clearly wanting to push at this point in time, a lot more than they have Middlemost Post or Glitch Techs, and being from a reboot of an IP dating back to the 90s means he's got appeal to this game's main audience and developers - the problem, of course, is that Nickelodeon doesn't own Big Nate. I've always been of the opinion that non-Timmy guests are not impossible at all for this game, but I've also never been of the opinion that they're likely - I feel Big Nate will pretty much only get in if either the higher ups demand it or there's a groundswell of support (and to be fair, Big Nate was the first Nicktoon in a hot minute to gain a large amount of attention from adult internet users... albeit for "sussy" milk-related moments.), I think the prior is a relatively likely situation and most of where that big 15% is coming from, but even then it's quite clear that Nick's ideal marketing strategy when it comes to cartoons is less "hey kids, check out this new stuff" and more "hey kids, if you want more Nick, go dig up these classic shows!"

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nate's big uncharted adventure

Chance: 15%

I was initially skeptical of this when I saw that the show just came out this year. But then I learned of the comic strips that were around in the 90's. Now I wasn't around during the 90's so I'm not sure how popular those comic strips were, but it does add a possible nostalgic factor for the devs. Plus it got renewed for a 2nd season so....it's already in a better spot than a lot of Nickelodeon stuff (lmao). Depending on how long the DLC cycle is, this could be worth rerating in the future if it can keep up its momentum against all odds.

Want: 50%

Never seen this so you know the drill: neutral rating. You know, I might give this a try, except it's on Paramount+ so it's a no-go because I already got a lot of the stuff I like from them on physical media.

Yes, that was padding.

Rocko's Jumping Life

Chance: 50%

Probably happening. I mean, judging from what others here say, there doesn't seem to be many good options in terms of renders. To be fair, we don't really know the devs' mindset behind renders so for all we know they calculate quantum physics to determine which render to use. For real though, this is very different from the usual rating and is a ****post of a concept anyway to I'll say it could or couldn't happen.

Want: 100%

It's a funny render and Rocko looks like he has the superpower to unhinge his jaw to eat stupidly tall burgers. Plus if it gets in the game, it will be a reminder of this day where we rated this oddly specific render of a hyperactive wallaby with a hawaii shirt and no pants.

Noms: Non-Loud House 2010's character x20 (using all extra noms)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Rocko's alternate render in the gallery being based on this specific stock promo art of him jumping in what appears to be joy but could also be shock

Chance: 50% -
I can definitely see it happening! Loads of renders already in the game (even DLC renders like Jenny and Hugh) are based off of character stock art, so I don't see why it would be any different in Rocko's case. I don't know how much stock art there is of Rocko, but it feels like a good contender!

Want: 100% - It's a funny render and it would remind us of this awesome concept, so why not? XD

Big Nate

Chance: 40% -
Nate's definitely a mixed bag! Nickelodeon is pushing his new show big time, and very much could have Ludocity give him a DLC slot to promote it (though him getting Rocko's slot would've made for better timing). We haven't had any blatantly promotional characters yet (given the dev-focused selection proccess), but given how well the DLC is selling Nick could be more hands-on going forward. But at the same time, Big Nate is a modern show (though based on a series of comic strips that started in the 90's, which may have dev appeal), which doesn't mix well with the current NASB audience. Thus there isn't any demand for him. Fan demand is the name of the game here; if this were a more Smash-esque climate I think Nate would be a frontrunner, but right now that lack of fan demand is holding him back.

Want: 40% - I took a look at his design and comics, and while I have other proprities I do kinda like what I saw! The art style of the original comics is charming, and feels kinda like if you mixed Peanuts with Captain Underpants. I'm not a huge fan of the regular eyes the characters were given in the show, though. The Captain Underpants movie showed that you can be super expressive with dot eyes, so I'm not sure why they needed to change them. Either way, he's a comic strip character, and given how well the devs did with Garfield, I'd be interested in seeing how they tackle Nate!

Nominations:
Shrek xAll

Predictions:
SwaySway and Buhdeuce - 4.68% - Not expecting even remotely confident scores. These two are among the most reviled Nick characters, and don't have the meme irony fanbase to make up for it that Fanboy and ChumChum do.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
"What is it nyow nyate?"

can't say i've ever heard of him called big nate. nor do i know the nick connection, did they take over the dub at some point? wait is yo-kai watch still getting dubbed? well what with it still being unclear what state level-5 is in i find it very hard to give a rate.
what do you mean we're not doing nate from yo-kai watch? then who are we doing? huh? erm double abstain noms to spike

D

Deleted member

Chance - 10%
Big Nate is a show Nickelodeon are actively pushing. The series is based on a comic strip, meaning it's a third party franchise, but consdeirng the creator owned nature of the strips, is probably far easier to negotiate for than something like Transfomers. The big thing that he has going against him is simply the lack of 2010s focus in this game, and also that he's not a huge fan request. I'd put him just after, or maybe even a little bit above, a Star Trek Prodigy character on a list of most likely "shill picks", but I don't really think the roster is operating in that way.

Want - Abstain
I've never seen his show and wasn't aware of the comic strip it's based on till the show got announced (must be a regional thing). Literally all I know about this show comes from those sus memes. I kinda like the style of the comic stirps, though I'm slightly more iffy on how it was translated to animation. Not a character I have any real attachment to, but I'd be willing to give him a shot.

Noms to Papa Smurf

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Big Nate

Chance - 10% - Big Nate was a comic in the 90's, and while that's around the timeframe for the devs, it seemingly wasn't the hit that, say, Garfield or Peanuts was. The recent Nick show was moved to Paramount+ in preproduction, so it's basically a Glitch Techs' situation, except the show is currently ongoing. I can see it happening, espaclly because it's pushed, but right now fan demand is alll that seems to be driving the character selection, something Nate has nothing given how few know about him.

Want - 50% - Eh, I don't have big feeling about this. I don't care.

That Rocko render thing? ... Frankly, I don't care enough to rate it. I'm skipping.

Predictions

SwaySway and Buhdeuce -1.24% - Remember the item leak? ... Yeah, even the devs hate 'em.

Nominations

Rancid Rabbit X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
"What is it nyow nyate?"

can't say i've ever heard of him called big nate. nor do i know the nick connection, did they take over the dub at some point? wait is yo-kai watch still getting dubbed? well what with it still being unclear what state level-5 is in i find it very hard to give a rate.
what do you mean we're not doing nate from yo-kai watch? then who are we doing? huh? erm double abstain noms to spike
...what the **** did I just read? XD

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rocko's modern art

Chance: 100%
I say this with full confidence that I believe this concept will come to fruition. My logic is airtight: it's art that is too notorious not to use. And why is it so notorious? Well, because I'm aware of it, because of this concept. Yes, it's confirmation bias of the highest caliber. But also consider:
  • I never watched Rocko's Modern Life
  • I haven't exactly studied the selection of alternate renders for other characters and whether there is some kind of pattern or preference (there probably is none)
  • It's a good pose
For that reason I will ignore all the other seemingly valid options so eloquently presented in favor of a choice that would only be so confidently speculated if one knew for sure that the devs frequent this forum and read our discussion (wink wink)

I am now emotionally invested in this result. Not only do I like the promo art. It is now art imbued with memories, emotionally charged memories full of joy at how funny this concept has been. And! If it doesn't happen I look like a dumbass for giving it a 100% and being wrong. Would've been so easy to give it 99%! But alas, mistakes are made and it's too late to repair them. So now I'm all in.

Be back tomorrow to do Nate. I have strong opinions on him.

It's now tomorrow, I'm sick, feel like ****, let's do this.

Nate

Chance:
Big Nate is a comic strip by Lincoln Pierce, about, like, typical child shenanigans. Running since the 90s (man, remember print newspapers?) it has blossomed into a franchise with books and a musical. Recently, and relevant to our discussion, it was adapted into a Nicktoon that has one 26-episode season and at least one more confirmed.

Notably, I was under the impression that Nick had bought Big Nate a la Garfield. They haven't (not yet anyway), so this makes Big Nate a third party IP. Still, it's not like we're dealing with the Power Rangers here. It's creator owned, so there's only one guy to pay licensing fees for, and they have a current working relationship because of the show (Lincoln Pierce is involved). That is, of course, if the TV rights didn't come with game rights as part of the deal. But yeah, this would be super easy and cheap for Nick and would help promote a current show. Like, it debuted this year. That's the golden window of synergy.

Of course, none of it matters if the "current" or "modern" or "promotional" slot (if there even is one) goes to another franchise, and there is competition for Nate that would be more beloved, more hype worthy, or more cursed. There's also a lot of overlap with Lincoln and TLH here which might make Nate a less attractive selection. But still, never underestimate an obvious pick.

So I thought I had read some of the Big Nate books going up. Turns out I was thinking of Nate the Great. The market for child-oriented literature about kids named Nate and whose titles make a reference to their size is clearly oversaturated. But this is cool by me. I think it's cool to represent the stuff that kids are seeing today, especially if it's not complete pandering garbage. Also the comic is hella old so there's probably some nostalgic adults that this could appeal to as well. Barring the potential redundancy (and this is the fandom that would very much like two more ninja turtles) I see little issue with Nate, Big.

Get that bread prediction: 3%
Noms go to concept: Pig Goat Banana Cricket rep (if anyone has actually seen this show and can tell me if they could work as a single rep or if there's an actual protagonist it would be very helpful)

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Robot & Monster
Chance: 2%
Want: 55%
Winner of predictions is Sid-cada Sid-cada , who predicted 3.32%. You get 10 extra noms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstain.
Bread prediction: 2%
Noms: Biggie Cheese x10
DAY OVER
Rate your satisfaction for Rocko, predict the bread guys if you haven't yet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rocko satisaction: 92%
Rocko doesn't really fit my playstyle so I can't really speak on him as a NASB fan, at the very least he isn't annoying like zoners tend to be in platform fighters so I can give him that...

Now, as a Rocko fan? This is a dream come true! So many awesome references - Spunky and the mop, the Sad Crying Clown in an Iron Lung, Rocko's childhood pogo stick, it's incredible! They perfectly captured the usually quaint, sometimes mad spirit of Rocko and I feel they managed to justify picking him over Heffer or anyone else like that with his heavy amount of mundane moves and weak playstyle

While I'd have preferred Heck or some kind of mall, the Hardcore Chores stage I'm very pleased with. While I was opposed to Rocko's house as a stage, this feels like a good middle ground between iconic iconography and deeper-cut references - and the Spunky cameo when Rocko isn't in play is just the cutest! I was hoping Rocko's stage would be competitive, but I like this chaotic layout too, especially if it leads to the ceilings on Ghost Zone being removed later down the line. Also this means there's technically a stage based on a Netflix movie LMAO. I love the music too, doesn't sound anything like Rocko music, but I vibe with ill-fit licensed game music.

Gripes? Well, first: no cameos on Hardcore Chores! It's a shame the Earth is just some vague islands with a Conglom-O building, they could've tried to slide in a Chokey Chicken or Rachel's fruit sculpture, or at least put some extra references in the debris like GI Jimbo or Heffer's purple face gift. Second is that I feel they could've tried to play a little harder into the "household" element of Rocko's moveset. Maybe change the boxing light up into fixing a lightbulb or something, even if that isn't a reference to the show.

Given Viacom owns Simon and Schuster, 5 noms for I.M. Meen

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rocko satisfaction: 60%.
After what they did with Jenny, Hugh, hell even Shredder's movesets, Rocko's is rather...meh. I guess if you can't decide between wanting to use Zim's GIR or Lincoln's top, it's good for you? Props for having his light up not be another uppercut though.

His stage, well uh, I dunno what to say about it other than somehow knowing it's a reference to the original show's finale, not Static Cling. At least the very few casual fans this game has finally have a Universe Pass stage that's solely for them, but good luck ever getting to play on it. Oh, and we know they can disable cameos if a certain character's being played as. We should start considering that, I guess.

Bread prediction: 2%.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Rocko Satisfaction: 90% - I have to say, I'm very impressed with how they made Rocko! They managed to mix the mundane and zany aspects of his character very nicely in the moveset, and this (alongside the fantastic 3D translations of his animations) makes him brimming with personality! I also LOVE how Spunky can interact with the jackhammer, that is absolutely delightful! Definitely a great use of the DLC budget, even if he doesn't feel as "advanced" as Jenny or Hugh. As for the stage, FANTASTIC addition to the game! The music was okay and it's a shame we got no Heffer/Filburt cameos, but I love how they, like with Rocko himself, mixed the mundane with the wacky when choosing the stage location. It's also awesome to have another stage with a fun structure to it. Not every stage should be a dream stage/themed platform above a plateau. I feel like the game's casual stages (such as Teeter Totter Gulch, The Loud House, PTM's stage, Wild Waterfall, Ghost Zone, Glove World, etc) are much more memorable and fun to play on, so I'm glad to see a new one join the collection!

Overall, it's clear that the whole pack was a big love letter to Rocko and I'm glad the devs put loads of passion into it!

Nominations:
Shrek xAll

Predictions:
Breadwinners - 1.58% - Not expecting confident scores. This show was and is still hated, and unlike Fanboy and ChumChum they have no ironic fanbase to fall back on.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Rocko Satisfaction: 95%

I'll be honest, y'all... Rocko might be my favorite DLC character so far. (PAID DLC character, to be clear; we aren't counting Garfield here.) They did a great job on Hugh and Jenny, no doubt, but Rocko's just so much more fun to me than either of those. His moves feel really snappy and punchy, which is surprising for a zoner, and Spunky and the jackhammer are both really funny ways of controlling the stage. Diet Zim he may be, but I already liked Zim and I like Rocko's normals better - that pogostick is to DIE for. My only complaint is that while the stage looks cool, it is an absolute PAIN to play on. It's basically just Hyrule Fight Club as an entire stage, so if you don't hit your opponent with a move that sends them at a very specific angle to send them out of the house, they just aren't gonna die. (I tried playing a game on that stage with a friend earlier and it legit TIMED OUT because it took so long for either of us to die. Be honest, have you ever seen a match in this game time out before?) Regardless, I may not have seen an episode of Rocko's Modern Life, but this pack was enough to convince me that I probably should.

Oh, and also, turns out that "Rocko jumping in what appears to be joy but could also be shock" render IS in the game...

...as his PROFILE ICON.

1665375882797.png

This is somehow way funnier than if Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's concept came true.

Breadwinners Prediction: 0.2%
Lol; lmao.

Noms to Pig

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rocko satisfaction: 100%

As I explained in my write-up for the extremely well-timed concept we rated recently, I never saw RML. But from a purely gameplay standpoint, he's a winner. His moveset is full of fun and wacky options (that jackhammer). He's like Zim but actually fun. The stage also goes back to "being an actual location" and "not having a boring tournament legal layout" both of which are A-OK in my book. Rocko's personality seems to have translated well in the moves selected and animations, so, for a character I have no attachment to from a show I never watched a second of, no complaints.

Oh and also the render is there, long live the Render

Noms: pig goat banana cricket
(Seriously? Has nobody seen this show? Can I just make stuff up for my writeup with none the wiser?)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Rocko's Satisfied Life

80%

Rocko was the first DLC character whom I wasn't very knowledgeable on, so I wasn't sure what to expect. First I want to say that he's got a lot of personality. His heavy neutral air where he pops his eyes out and scream gave me a good laugh. His moveset is pretty fun, especially the dog and jackhammer, which is such a unique move that you know is going to clutch some victories at tournaments and friend hangouts. I love the detail where if you summon the dog right after the jackhammer, the dog will actually jump on the tool and ride it. I'm not sure if that actually does anything, but either way it's one of those details that is much appreciated and fits the madness of this game.

The stage is great as well. I've barely watched the show, but I've heard it goes crazy at times. If that's the case, then the stage is quite appropriate. It puts the house in an abnormal situation which separates the stage from the other houses on the stage roster. I love how the layout of the house makes it so that it's easy to juggle characters. I can get why that would be annoying to other people, but it's so funny when the enemy is at such a high percentage to the point where they bounce around then skyrocket to the edge of the screen. That's so hilarious to me for some reason.

Overall, I think Rocko is a very solid inclusion to the game. Not just for his status as a 90's Nick icon, but for his content as well. I wouldn't say he is my favorite out of the DLC, although I do think his content like the jackhammer move and the wacky stage adds a new layer of mayhem to the game which I'm all for it.

Noms: Non-Loud House 2010's character x10

D

Deleted member

This shouldn't happen to any wallaby
90%
They nailed him. It's very clear that the dev teams are big Rocko fans, because the amount of love put into this characteris glaringly apparent. Rocko was slightly less exiting to me of the three characters just because of how obvious he was, compaired to the huge splash of Jenny or the "they actually did it" factor of Hugh. Rocko was still exiting, he's such an iconic Nicktoon. I've seen some episodes of RML and quite like it. But in terms of moveset it seems they saved the best for last. They got the wacky colourful expressions of the show right. His moveset is full of great references, but still stands on its own as a pretty fun moveset. The jackhammer is a really cool move, and stacking Spunky on top of it is a really cute touch. The stage is the best of the pass so far. I don't play this game much anymore, maybe cross play will fix that, but Rocko was a really great, long needed addition and they did a great job with him.

Noms to Concept: Nick. Jr rep (we've rated a couple of specific characters. But i figure this is a big enough talking point)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Rocko Satisfaction: 95%

Rocko is probably one of the best realized characters in the game. He looks amazing, his animations and references to the source material are perfect, and it's just honestly great to have him here. How it took so long for Rocko to show up is beyond me, but if the extra time is what made him this good, I'm glad it did.
Rocko having more or less two GIRs in his moveset means things can get a little too chaotic, and I hate any recovery move that sends the character shooting downwards. Four Rockos at a time in one match is jackhammer hell.
I've always been a fan of this show even as a small kid, so yeah, I'm pleased to see the wallaby finally make it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m looking through older posts to see what was on the schedule post Big Nate and the Rocko art concept but I am having trouble finding it.
It looks like the top nomination is SwaySway and Buhdeuce but beyond that I am not seeing anything.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, I'm pretty sure SwaySway and Buhdeuce are next. DaUsername said to predict them on the post that started the Big Nate and Rocko art day. Then he said at the beginning of this Rocko day to predict them if we haven't.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't know if this move will be considered applauded or controversial, but to keep the game going, and to give DaUsername less to worry about, I will be taking the reigns of NASB Rate Their Chances for the time being. I haven't had the chance to ask him about this (communication difficulties), but I feel this would be the best move to make. We haven't had any day changes in over two months, and I don't want to put any pressure on DaUsername. Though if he does return to the game and wants to run things again, I will happily return the reigns to him! I just really love this game's RTC compared to Smash's, and I don't want to see it end when the game's development is still ongoing.

The main caveat is that I do not have permission to edit or modify the thread title or main posts, so those will remain stagnant for the time being. For now I'm working on a public spreadsheet for the leaderboard. I'll also post the current state of the noms list on each day end post.

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME

Now that we have that taken care of:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocko's alternate render in the gallery being based on this specific stock promo art of him jumping in what appears to be joy but could also be shock
Chance: 65%
Want: 70%

Winner is DaUsername DaUsername with 69%! You get 10 Extra noms!

Big Nate
Chance: 18%
Want: 60%

Winner is DaUsername DaUsername with 12%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Rocko Satisfaction: 87%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Sid-Cada: 5
--------------------------
Shrek x80
Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent x79
Heffer x79
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Timmy Turner x67
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Angelica Pickles x65
Chef Gordon Bleugh x50
Pig (Barnyard) x50
Spike (Rugrats) x50
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Doodlebob x40
Lana Loud x35
Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Concept: Pig Goat Banana Cricket rep x20
Concept: Music DLC x17
Casey Jones x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Rancid Rabbit x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Papa Smurf x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Katara x10
Pig Goat Banana Cricket rep x10
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x10
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Ickis x5
Pelswick x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Purple & Brown x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mr. Horse x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x5
Alvin & The Chipmunks x5
Rancid Rabbit x5
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x5
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x3
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY OVER

Rate SwaySway and Budhuce from Breadwinners

Predict Concept: Non-Loud House 2010's Character

I'd post some music, but the theme song alone is such a turn-off that I don't want to! xD

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
More like BreadLOSERS
Chance: 0%.
The devs wanted Budhuce to be in...as a Sandbag equivalent. As in the item you beat up. Because they hate the show. Both of those combined mean bad news for those that don't.

Want: Abstain

Prediction for non-TLH 2010s character: 5%.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Those were supposed to be ducks?
Chances: 0%
Want: abstain

The devs hate this show so much they wanted to put Buhdeuce in as a punching bag that screams when you hit him. I think that about says it all.

Prediction for Non-Loud House 2010's Character: 1%.
Noms for Timmy Turner.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Welcome back everyone!

Now to immediately dunk on these two....

Chance: 0%

I looked at the above ratings and while I haven't heard about that, I wouldn't be surprised, lol. Not only is the Breadwinners another early 2010's show that got canned after just a few seasons, it's not fondly remembered either. At least with other characters like Fanboy and Chum Chum they got the meme factor going for them. SwaySway and Buhdeuce (that's actually how you spell his name btw) don't got anything going for them, and it sounds like the devs certainly don't want to take the time to make them playable as well.

Want: 0%

I saw a little bit of this show and all I can say is nope. They dropped the ball with this one and considering how I still have hope that we'll see more characters come to this game, I wouldn't want one of the 3 or so spots be taken up by this duo.

Prediction - 8% (I have a feeling Korra might save this score? It depends on if there are any other viable candidates for it)

Noms: Angelica Pickles x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm going to count preexisting franchises that became relevant to Nick in the 2010s like TMNT as 2010s Nick.
And even then, all of the Avatar demand is for The Last Airbender characters, not Korra characters.
Anyway, time for a quick rating!

SwaySway and Budhuce

Chance: 0% -
The devs mentioned that they would only want them in as screaming punching bags, so there's clearly no drive on their end to make them playable. They have no fan demand, widespread revilement (which, unlike Fanboy and ChumChum, doesn't have memes to counteract it), and Nick corporate has no interest in the show. I've seen maybe one or two people ask for them, but that's not enough to beat all of the negativity. No interest from any party is already a death sentence, but given the animosity towards the two from all directions it's one of the few characters I can safely give a 0% to!

Want: 0% - I remember seeing these guys in a MrEnter video YEARS ago and being immediately put off by the gross humor and constant twerking. Plus giving bread to ducks is horrible for them, really don't want to encourage kids to do that! And aside from all of that... I can't think of ANY reason to want them in the game.

Nominations:
Shrek x10

Predictions:
Non-Loud House 2010's character - 4.52% - I have a feeling Harvey Beaks MAYBE will carry this concept, or if any 2012/Rise-exclusive TMNT characters are popular enough.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
SwaySway and Budhuce

Chance - 0% - The initial plans was for one of them to be an item that does nothing but scream when hit (a purely cosmetic effect). While Nick had to give the extent to which they are hated by the developers. The sentiment among the general playerbase isn't much better, and are typcially seen as the face of when Nick diped in quality during the 2010's. Having failed to even acquire an ironic fanbase like that of Fanboy and Chum-Chum, most people want nothing to do with them at all.

Want - 0% - Nope, can't think of a reason to add it.

Skipping predictions because I got extra Nominations

All noms go to Rancid Rabbit.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Mr. Enter Victims #45-46
Chance: 0%

I mean... yeah. These are, to my knowledge, the only characters the devs have been expressly negative toward, only wanting Buhdeuce as this game's Sandbag equivalent (seriously, why do we keep spelling his name wrong?). Presumably, the idea got shut down by Nick, so evidently, even THEY don't want these guys in the game. This show hasn't been close to relevant in over half a decade at this point, and when it was current, it got almost exclusively negative attention due to how weird and annoying the main characters are. It hasn't even been lucky enough to garner a post-ironic following like Fanboy & Chum-Chum has, so practically no one is asking for this. Unless the devs really decide they just wanna take the piss with these last few character picks, these two ain't happening.

Want: 0%

Yeah.

Non-TLH 2010's Character Prediction: 1.52%
This thread shot down the prospect of Harvey Beaks pretty hard, and beyond that, the only non-TLH 2010's Nicktoon I can think of that would even be up for consideration is maybe Korra again? That said, most of the demand for an ATLA-adjacent character seems to be on Zuko at the moment, so I wouldn't even give that idea much credence.

Noms to Pig

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think it has more to do with how Breadwinners would be represented than not wanting BW in the game at all.
That may be true, but either way, Breadwinners isn't a currently marketable series and Nick themselves barely reference the show at all these days - I think the only time they have in recent memory was in this tweet where they reference literally every other Nicktoon ever made (including Doug, oddly enough, which I didn't think they were allowed to do). While the higher-ups at Nick may not outright hate Breadwinners, nobody involved seems to be at all interested in including it or acknowledging it beyond the obligatory "yeah, we own this I guess."

D

Deleted member

Chance - 1%
Giving them more than zero because I think they're slightly more likely than say Goku, but not by much. This show wasn't very popular, much the opposite. It was infamous online. Its only ever really mentioned now as a joke or to lement on the state of 2010s Nickelodeon. It pretty much only exists as a punchline or a punching bag. The devs are clearly aware of this, as they apparently planned for the series to appear in the game, but not as a character. Instead it would be as an item that you beat around, but Nick rejected it. I can't see any reason they would get in. People don't like the show for the most part, and it's not one Nick reference at all really. It doesn't yet have the ironic meme revisionism of FB&CC nor the "it gets good later" talk of Sanjay and Craig. I think spots are just far too limited for this game.

Want - Abstain

Noms to Mrs. Puff

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Get that bread

Chance: 1%
Breadwinners is, along with Fanboy & ChumChum, the face of Nickelodeon's 2010s quality slump (hell, it's one of the faces of the decade's slump in general). It got poor reviews and is seen as a laughingstock, though it did run for 2 seasons.

Nobody's asking for this. Nick rarely mentions this show, preferring to let it rot in obscurity. And the devs straight up wanted to have Buhdeuce in NASB not as a fighter but as the game's equivalent of Sandbag. Damn. So yeah, it's not a stretch to say this ain't happening.

Much like with FB&CC and Planet Sheen, I would pay good money to be able to inflict violence on these two. I hated hated hated this show growing up. I got the vibe that the people who made it thought I, their audience, was an idiot.

I would definitely take Sandbag Buhdeuce though.

Prediction: 7%
I'm keeping close to the common number because it's a prediction, but I'm already preparing my arguments as to why this is actually not that unlikely.
Noms: pig goat banana cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom