• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
(Peter) Parker J(RPG) Cloud

Chance: 5%

I'm not too confident in us getting more 2010s shows. Most of the player base consists of 90's and 2000's kids and a lot of the highly requested characters come from those time periods. When it comes to Middlemost Post, I can't see how it would stand out aside from maybe moveset potential but you can say that for a lot of characters. idk maybe this show will grow wildly and become uber popular, but so far it hasn't made a big splash yet since season two hasn't even aired yet. So right now it's mixed in with all the other modern shows that Nick might give up on at any notice.

Want: 50%

Never watched Middlemost Post, in fact I didn't know it existed until today. But he does have a cool design and some moveset potential so I'll keep my mind open.

Prediction - more items - 10%

Noms: Transformers rep x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i think DM is a regional thing too. After all it was made in England and the uk didn’t have a nick channel
That's not what I mean. DM is seen as a historical thing for Nick since it aired in the early days of the channel.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Parker J. Cloud

Chance: 3% -
Eh, it's possible, but more than likely not gonna happen. 2010 Nick shows (even popular ones like The Loud House and TMNT) don't get much demand since most of the audience is 90's/2000's kids. Middlemost Post especially, I've only seen one or two people consider it for this game. Parker also doesn't have anything like big corporate push or meme power to make up for the lack of demand, especially when the show's second season recently got moved to Nicktoons. He also has yet to be included in a Nicktoons crossover so there's no precedent to go off of either. Really, there isn't anything going in his favor unless one of the devs secretly really likes his show or something.

Want: 10% - His shapeshifting abilities lend to unique moveset ideas, it could even make him this game's Kirby. Though I have way bigger priorities right now. I still have favorites I wanna see get in, including fellow buck-toothed shapeshifter Timmy Turner, along with me personally having no connection to the show. And for more 2010's representation? Gimme more Loud House, especially since it's pretty much an underdog in a fan demand-based roster selection. Also, isn't Middlemost Post only a couple of years old? Like I said with Miko, Parker is just too NEW. His show hasn't really made a splash on Nick history (even if that isn't his fault), and prioritizing him over someone like Jimmy or Timmy just feels....wrong. If the show gains a big following and/or stands the test of time then I'll definitely reconsider. But as of right now I don't have much of a reason to ask for him.

Nominations:
(Rerate) Luna Loud x15
Robbie Rotten x5
Charlie Brown x90

Predictions:
More Items - 15.73% - A hard one to predict, I'm leaning closer to lower scores since the devs are likely prioritizing DLC characters with the current budget, but we could see some surprises!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Parker J Cloud
Chance: 2%
Want: Abstain

This is a 10's/20's character. It doesn't really matter how cool he would be to play as, Nick just does not care about it's most recent/current shows that aren't about a sponge or ten sisters. Middlemost Post's second season got moved to Nicktoons, which is basically the death sentence.
I don't see any non-Avatar/TLH 2010's character getting in unless there's a huge push for it.
I've never seen Middlemost Post, so I can't say if I'd want the guy or not. I know nothing about him.

All noms for all Beavers.

More items: 9%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
try looking it up and all i got is that the main character is actually a cloud, which i've got to say would be hilarious in this game. anyway i'm abstaining cause i didn't really find anything else. noms to eliza

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Abstain. What the heck even is Middlemost Post?

More items prediction: 5%
When the game's operating on a shoestring budget as is and it's pretty much only Fair Play + Rep still working on it, this isn't something I expect them to devote significant development time to.

Noms to Arnold

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Abstain. What the heck even is Middlemost Post?

More items prediction: 5%
When the game's operating on a shoestring budget as is and it's pretty much only Fair Play + Rep still working on it, this isn't something I expect them to devote significant development time to.

Noms to Arnold
based on what I read, a rain cloud who delivers post

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Parker J. Cloud

Chance - 1% - Oof. When we started rating, he was relatively new. Now, the show's being moved to Nicktoons, essentially a retirement home. While he has decent move set potential due to being a shapeshifting cloud, overall he's lacking the demand and want factor to really get in.

Want - 60% - He's got a decent amount of potential. A shapeshifting cloud has a good chance. Plus, I hear, he's supposedly based on the creator's experience of recovering from drug addiction; no way I can rate him low for that.

Predictions

More Items - 1.23% - Not that likely...

Nominations

Eliza Thornberry X All

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Concept: Kid's Choice Awards stage
Chance: 26%
Want: 46%
Winner of predictions is DaUsername DaUsername with a correct prediction of 26%, 150 extra noms.
Concept: Sitcom stage
Chance: 9.60%
Want: 41.25%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 10%, you get 10 extra noms!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining from Cloud.
Items prediction: 4%
Noms: More alts x5
DAY OVER
Rate Concept: "More items" update, predict Robbie Rotten.

D

Deleted member

Chance - 5%
There where items that where left on the cutting floor. But most of them where left out for one reason or another. Be that them being retooled into another item or gameplay element, or them just being plain not fun. The items seemed farily well received, but I have no idea how many players actually play with them. I think the team would think that the resources needed for this would be better put into another character or stage. I feel like, especially with the smaller development team we apparently have now, they're gonna want to focus on "core" content like characters. We also kind of have a lot of the big item picks in already, though there are obviously still some options left. I could maybe see them wanting to add some items for series that could get added later as DLC, but I think it's unlikely.

Want - 20%
I mean. It'd be pretty cool. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it if they offered it as a another piece of free bonus content. I don't really use the items as is but I think it's neat that they're there. But if given the choice I'd obviously rather have a character or something. Guess it would also depend on what the items themselves actually where.

Noms to Power Rangers rep.

Robbie Predicton - 0.1% (live action, pre school show, dead actor, memes a few years behind, not actually owned by nick.)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Damn, I missed the Cloud day. Alas, I haven't much to say about items. Would be cool I guess but I don't know the likelihood or how much people use them so I'll have to abstain.

0% for my Robbie prediction because what the hell guys
Noms: Robot and Monster

LimeTH

Smash Lord
New Items
Chance: 4%
Want: 20%

I think the items we got are all we're getting. Development is focused on the DLC characters, and the items took a while to come to the game at all, so I don't think it's super likely.
It'd be cool, but eh. Doubt it.

Max Noms for Beavers

Robbie Rotten: 0%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
New Items

Chance: 20% -
It could happen, people do want it! But given development is focused on DLC characters it's definitely not a priority. They addressed a major launch concern, and while there's definitely are leftover item icons in the game's code (indicating that there's still some unfinished stuff) I don't see them going back for all of this until at least Hugh/Rocko are done. Resources are limited.

Want: 100% - Hell yes! While I do want them to concentrate on characters, more fun gimmicks for single player is always a good thing! Items (including a possible assist trophy analogue) would be a great way to represent series and characters that likely won't be playable! I'm happy with what we have now, but we could definitely use more, and while I expect them to save that for a possible sequel I think it would be a wonderful addition! Especially since said sequel would be a couple of years off at least. Bring them on!

Nominations:
Charlie Brown xAll

Predictions:
Robbie Rotten - 0% - The company that owns Lazy Town is now owned by Warner Bros. Which is a damn shame, because Robbie's way more associated with Nickelodeon than he ever was to WB, and it's not like Multiversus is ever gonna use him. Either way, like Doug, I don't see Nick shelling out for him unless there's considerable demand.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
items as far as the eye can see

chances: 10% i do agree that the dev team probably have bigger priorities right now. still i wouldn't it's impossible, but then i may be being over generous. the items we do have were meant to be in the base game so they were working on them already so they're focus has almost certainly shifted. still there is an off chance that they suddenly decide to put in more but again not likely.

want: 50% depends on the item. items can be fun, though i'll admit i have quite gotten the hang of all of them yet but that'll just take time. there's still a few things you could have, garfield's rubber chicken, stretch as a sort of whip. avatar's electro gauntlet as a sort of effect giver etc. i could be up for more of them.

noms to eliza

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
More ways to ruin friendships

Chance: 10%

It's possible. Items are something that they could theoretically add here and there, but I don't see a lot of incentive for it. The items they did give us are of good variety and most of the demand is directed towards new characters. With limited resources, I don't think it's realistic to expect them to give us more items. But hey they already surprised us once so it could happen again.

There are a few items that I can think of that would be neat. But overall I'm fine with the items we got. Whether or not they add more items is something that I have no stake in.

Prediction - Robbie Rotten - 0.15%

Noms: Transformers rep x5

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
ALL ITEMS! RANDOM ONLY! BRINS-erm...SPACE MADNESS!
Chance: 5%.
On one hand, the items update featured several items which weren't in any previous datamines. On the other, Jenny and the Tweet about Hugh being "a Slap City charcter" tells me they're putting a lot of work into fighters and fighters alone, which wouldn't give them enough resources to make a significant amount of items. Furthermore, I think their target audience's interest in NASB has diminished anyway, since the items and voices update didn't really help out NASB.

Want: 25%.
I wasn't going to play with items anyway, but wanted them so casuals would get more interest in the game. Unfortunately I doubt they will since the game having more players than CSGO and Dota 2 combined seems to be what they desire alongside items and voices.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
More Items

Chance - 2.5% - Yeah, I think they're mostly focusing on characters right now. While they could be some passion project in the backroom in the meantime, overall resources are too limited to come about.

Want - 60% - I don't care much either way. If we get them, though, I don't have much room to complain.

Prediction

Robbie Rotten - 0% - Yeah, this ain't happening.

Nominations

Eliza Thornberry X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Parker J. Cloud
Chance: 3.40%
Want: 40%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 3.18%, you get 10 extra noms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining yet again.
Robbie prediction: 0%
Noms: More alts x5
DAY OVER
Rate Robbie Rotten, predict Charlie Brown.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We are number: 0.1%
If I had to sum up my thoughts on Robbie's chances, I'd put it simply as "the one thing Multiversus actually stole from NASB". If Multiversus wasn't a thing, I'd probably put Robbie as the second most likely negotiation-required fighter after Timmy; the top most likely LA character; and the third or fourth most likely Jr. rep behind the two we've already rated and maybe Swiper - but, of course, Robbie is owned by Warner Bros, who have their own platform fighter. I don't think some kind of WB collab with NASB is impossible, assuming "3rd parties" are possible in the first place - but if they were to do that it'd no doubt be some kind of NASB promotion in or from MVS, not vice versa - even if the characters in question have Nick history. There's also the issue of Robbie's actor being dead, which adds an extra minefield to navigate as a live action character

However, I may as well say what I thought was going for Robert Unfavourable before MVS: meme power; being an IP that'd likely be cheap to license given that it's inactive; and being a villain and therefore not a preschool role model. I'm not sure if all this matters anymore though

Want: 100%
He's Robbie Rotten, damnit.

Charles the Carob of the order of Pindar prediction: 0%

5 noms towards an official collaboration with Multiversus

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who did you expect, Sportaflop?
...actually I don't expect him either.
Chance: 0%.
As someone who thinks Nick Jr. in general is extremely doubtful considering the target audience of this game vs. that of a preschool-oriented block, I would've had LazyTown be a special exception because it always had an audience of people too old for it memeing on its songs (coughYTMNDcough). Except, well, it's a live-action series, the issues of getting a live-action actor are multiplied by him being dead, and LazyTown is owned by WB. He should be grateful that he's going to be sitting out the fight, given that he wanted to be lazy in the first place.

Want: 50%.
Hey, if I was gonna consider LT a special exception had it not been a live-action show owned by WB, that'd mean my want percentage for Robbie would be higher at least. I was the man now-erm, then, dog.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Now listen closely!
Here's a little lesson in rank-ery
This ain't goin' down in history
If I'd have to number it and be done
I'm giving Robbie Rotten a 0.1.

Sure he's got some moves
His memes are sound
But his actor is no longer around.
(I wouldn't touch that!)

Now look at his net'
It's not Viacom!
Warner he goes
The answer is no!
NO!
(Put him in Multiversus, not here! Ugh, lets talk about something else)

Now watch, and learn
Here's the deal
He's live action
We might as well get real!
(Why are we ranking him!?)

Zero point one!
Zero point one!
Want is 31
HEY HEY!

All noms for all Beavers

Charlie Brown: 4%

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
His chances are rotten, that's for sure

Chance: 0.01%

LazyTown has some history with Nick and apparently Robbie has meme power, but honestly I don't think that's enough to get him in the game for several reasons. One, Robbie as we all know is a live action character whose actor passed away. Without personally knowing his family, there is no way to know if they are ok with him being in a goofy fighting game so I can't give him a high score just for that.

But there's also that whale in the room: Warner Bros who owns the IP. Now even under normal circumstances when WB isn't collapsing, I still have my doubts about WB working with NASB. Even if WB was willing to work with a branch underneath their competitor (Paramount) for a collaboration, why would they? MutiVersus has been doing very well compared to NASB so if a collab were to happen, I imagine it would be the NASB devs that would have to bring up the idea. And getting another company involved, especially one as big as WB, would probably require Robbie to have demand that he simply doesn't have. I just don't see a realistic timeline for him to get in.

I've never seen LazyTown so I don't have any thoughts on him. But hey people seem to like him so I'll keep my mind open.

Prediction - Charlie Brown - 6%

Noms: Transformers rep x10

LimeTH

Smash Lord
According to Wikipedia, The Charlie Brown Show has aired on Nickelodeon before.
I know, I used to watch The Charlie Brown Show when it aired on Nick when I was a kid.

I'd explain my reasoning but then I'd have nothing to say on Charlie Brown's day, so I'm going to wait.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Robbie Rotten

Chance: 0.1% -
Robbie Rotten has quite a lot going for him. He's a beloved antagonist from a heavily Nick-associated show He's got loads of both moveset potential and meme power, and appeals squarely to the nostalgia of the NASB playerbase. Him being a live action character is a grey area here. On one hand he avoids several Live Action character problems. Because his actor, Stefan Karl, passed away, there wouldn't be a high price associated with bringing on his likeness nor a reputation to worry about. But on the other hand, because he is deceased, it's all up to his family to approve of his use in a goofy fighting game. Without knowing them personally, it's difficult to gauge whether they'd see it as in poor taste.

Sadly, absolutely none of this matters in the end. The company that owns the Lazy Town IP is owned by Warner Bros, an while they likely have no plans for him for Multiversus (just big corporate icons in that one, likely not paying attention to inactive properties), I doubt they'd license him when Paramount is a competitor. Top that off with a surprising lack of demand and the game's low budget and you have your chances slipping on a banana peel.

Want: 80% - Other priorities right now, but I would still LOVE to have Robbie in the game! LazyTown was part of my childhood, and Robbie was by far one of the best parts of the show! His songs are great (two of which became fantastic memes), his moveset potential is huge, his voice lines would be HILARIOUS, and his stage would transfer well to the NASB art style! He's an absolute crowd pleaser of a character, and if they're gonna pick a Live Action character he'd be by far one of the best picks!

Nominations:
(Rerate) Luna Loud x10

Predictions:
Charlie Brown - 7.18% - Extremely iconic character who had a presence in Nick in the late 90's, but will more than likely get out-prioritized by first party lynchpin Nicktoons. Alongside this, he generally lacks demand, so I don't expect high scores.

D

Deleted member

His chances for NASB are not number #1

Chance - 0%
A couple years ago I may have given this a higher rating. Lazytown, dispite not being a Nick orignal, was a pretty big show. Lazytown also has no shortage of memes, which we know dev team are not opposed to. He has a few points going against him, being live action, being a Nick JR character, the death of his actor, his meme popularty being a few years behind us at this point. But all of those points are meaningless in the face of the big issue: the company that owns Lazytown was bought by Warner Brothers, owner of Smash (heh) hit platform fighter Multiversus. Now is there any real chance of Robbie showing up in Multiversus? Probably not. But I still don't see them bothering to make a deal like this with all those other factors in play.

Want - 50%
Sure. As live action characters go this is one I'd actually be down for. He's basically just a living cartoon character anyway. Those stupid memes are so just catchy. I actually think it would be a fun tribute toStefán Karl Stefánsson and this character to immortalise him amoung these iconic characters. There's a ton of moveset potential and a Lazy Town stage would be fun. It would just be just a wild annoucment.

Noms to Angelica

Charlie Brown Chances - 1% - Extremely iconic but requires negotiation and isn't really a character people are talking about for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait let me get this straight. LazyTown aired on Nick Jr. in the US? Because it sure didn't where I'm from and I would never have associated it with Nick before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom